Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

King Charles III to go hiking alone in Transylvania

The King will miss the Duke of Sussex’s visit to London next week as he plans to go hiking on his own in Transylvania, The Telegraph understands.

Prince Harry is returning to the High Court in early June as he takes Mirror Group Newspapers (MGN) to court over allegations of phone hacking.

However the King’s solo trip to Romania, planned for five days over next week, will coincide with his son’s rare appearance in the UK, meaning the pair are unlikely to see one another.

It comes after the Duke’s flying visit to England for his father’s Coronation earlier this month, where he was in such a rush to get home to California that he was still wearing his medals and morning suit when he arrived for his return flight at Heathrow Airport.

It is understood that the Duke spent the night in Windsor at Frogmore Cottage but did not see his brother the Prince of Wales nor speak with his father or stepmother.

It also follows an earlier surprise trip that the Duke paid to the UK in late March for another phone hacking lawsuit claim, this one against the Daily Mail, during which he did not see the King, who was said to be too busy at Highgrove.

It is now understood that the King’s upcoming trip to Romania will fall next week, during which he will recuperate after his Coronation, and will see him stay in his home in rural Transylvania.

The Queen will not be accompanying him on the trip, preferring instead to remain in her Wiltshire home.

During his annual visits to his beloved Transylvania home, the King is understood to enjoy spending his days hiking in the hills and painting, as well as tucking into a book in the evenings.

King Charles has a long history with Romania, where he now owns at least 10 properties after purchasing his first, an 18th-century Saxon house nestled in the village of Viscri, in 2006.

The surrounding countryside of his Viscri home offers botanical excursions and wildflower meadows for the green-fingered monarch, as well as hiking trails and horseback riding.

There is no wifi, TV or radio in the King’s property, but the drawing room now has a “small hi-fi player with CDs”.

Meanwhile, Prince Harry is expected to give evidence in person at the MGN trial in London early next week, which will pitch him directly against former Mirror editor Piers Morgan, who has become one of the Sussexes’ most vocal critics.

Evidence in his claim is expected to take three days, including opening statements, his time in the witness box, when he will be cross-examined, and MGN’s witnesses.

He is one of a number of high-profile figures bringing damages claims against the newspaper group over alleged unlawful information gathering at its titles.

At the start of the trial, MGN said it accepted there had been unlawful information gathering in relation to the Duke, for which it “unreservedly apologises”.

It denies phone hacking, but said its past activities “warrant compensation” in his case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144June 13, 2023 3:37 AM

litigious little prick isn't he? Is it just about the $$$?

by Anonymousreply 1May 31, 2023 12:33 AM

Watch out for bloodsucking vampires, Charlie. They look just like Harry's wife.

Am I the only person who thinks it's weird that Charles has ten properties in rural Transylvania?

by Anonymousreply 2May 31, 2023 12:34 AM

Chuck hiking in Transylvania alone - you can’t make up shit this funny 😂

by Anonymousreply 3May 31, 2023 12:35 AM

Sounds dangerous.

Why would he go hiking alone in such a dangerous area?

by Anonymousreply 4May 31, 2023 12:37 AM

Funnily enough, it’s real…and Chuck thinks it is fauloius. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 31, 2023 12:37 AM

Did he leave his bride in the coffin?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 31, 2023 12:38 AM

Good luck and stay safe!

by Anonymousreply 7May 31, 2023 12:39 AM

He fucking bought my plan! Just two more to go.

by Anonymousreply 8May 31, 2023 12:40 AM

Good.

by Anonymousreply 9May 31, 2023 12:42 AM

He's not "alone" as you and I think of it. He has minimal staff and guards and so forth. He's not taking Camz and he's not visiting anyone or doing walkabouts or anything like that. It's just Charlie getting away for a few days. The King traveling to a foreign country is planned months in advance so this must have been on the books for a while. The house looks like a lovely little spot.

It's not as if Harry was scheduled to come to UK court and Charles decided to be "unavailable" for that week. Heavens no!

Serves the little prick (Harry) right. Dumbass tried to hustle the royal family.

by Anonymousreply 10May 31, 2023 12:44 AM

Not much of a trial when going into it the defendant says "yeah, sorry, we will definitely owe money." Sad they won't meet up but the place in Romania sounds perfect. Do the royals ever let other people stay at these places when they are absent? Seems like a shame to just let it sit empty.

by Anonymousreply 11May 31, 2023 12:48 AM

I think it might be the vampires that need to watch their backs when he is there.

by Anonymousreply 12May 31, 2023 12:50 AM

Well I clearly didn't read the thread first because R5 conveniently gave me a link should I decide to stay, not sure I want to spend my next vacation in Romania, but I might.

by Anonymousreply 13May 31, 2023 12:50 AM

If you click the link up there, r11, I think it mentions something about being able to stay at the King's Transylvania house.

by Anonymousreply 14May 31, 2023 12:51 AM

How much does Chuck hate Harry? Enough to go hiking in Transylvania.

by Anonymousreply 15May 31, 2023 12:53 AM

R4, I think it is a pretty safe bet that KC3 is never alone. "Alone" means none of his class. But rest assured that he will be taken care of.

by Anonymousreply 16May 31, 2023 12:56 AM

[quote] There is no wifi, TV or radio in the King’s property, but the drawing room now has a “small hi-fi player with CDs”.

Any pens?

by Anonymousreply 17May 31, 2023 1:01 AM

This excuse is even funnier: "also follows an earlier surprise trip that the Duke paid to the UK in late March for another phone hacking lawsuit claim, this one against the Daily Mail, during which he did not see the King, who was said to be too busy at Highgrove."

Oh so busy at Highgrover -- laundry, dishes, lawnmowing, house repairs - I'm sure the king's duties just could not allow a quick visit with his younger son. And now - a Romanian pleasure hike! What could be more pressing?

by Anonymousreply 18May 31, 2023 1:03 AM

This trip actually sounds very cool.

Charles is definitely a different sort of King.

I don't think I've ever heard of any other European royalty doing this sort of thing.

by Anonymousreply 19May 31, 2023 1:08 AM

I think most royal families own property in other countries, eg the Danes summer at a family residence in France. But Charles is definitely unique with the transcendental solo cabin thing. If HM were younger, I’d jest about a kept male lover. But I hope he really does enjoy himself; it’s quite a privilege.

If he is still painting, it’ll be interesting if more of his art is released after William accedes.

by Anonymousreply 20May 31, 2023 1:17 AM

The Hills are ALIVE - after sundown.

by Anonymousreply 21May 31, 2023 1:18 AM

Bless your heart, R16.

by Anonymousreply 22May 31, 2023 1:22 AM

R21, “Children of the night…what sweet music they ma(y)ke” 😛

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 31, 2023 1:27 AM

I would love to own a home in Transylvania.

It's full of beautiful mountains, hiking trails, and forests.

The perfect place to spend a Summer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 31, 2023 1:33 AM

Charles goes hiking with friends--not alone--in Transylvania this time each year. Supposedly Charles has a house there. Charles' schedule is quite full especially now that he's king, and he's not changing his hiking plans, which have probably been in the works for a long time. No one could have anticipated Harry's unending court case dates, which is why he will be in the UK next week.

If either of them want to work out things, they will find the time. However, the ball is in Harry's court--because he's the one who left, gave the interviews, did the Netflix series and wrote the book. If Harry wants to meet, then he needs to approach his father. Charles didn't give the interviews and write the book trashing Harry and his family.

by Anonymousreply 25May 31, 2023 1:34 AM

Lovely architecture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 31, 2023 1:34 AM

I never realized how idyllic Transylvania really is.

I think the spooky stories are just to keep the visitors away from this beautiful area.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 31, 2023 1:35 AM

KC3 next week...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 31, 2023 1:36 AM

This is Charles' house in Transylvania.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 31, 2023 1:36 AM

[quote] King Charles owns a Romanian guest house, and you can stay there for less than £100 a night

There have been whispers of Romania as a hot holiday destination for a while now. Its go-slow rural lifestyle providing an increasing antidote to modern life. Farmers still get around by horse and cart, and fairytale ancient villages are distinguished by their fortified Saxon churches.

Nowhere is this bucolic bliss more prevalent than in Transylvania, where King Charles owns a guesthouse that you can stay at for as little as £105 a night. Close to the village of Viscri, amongst the wildflower meadows and rolling forested hills of Zalán Valley, King Charles’s retreat comprises of a cluster of carefully restored cottages in which guest rooms are decorated with antiques, crafts and embroidered textiles that remain true to their Transylvanian roots. Those are the frills - don't expect wifi, radio or TV here – and this is all part of the charm.

Without modern amenities, there is time to read (there are plenty of stacked bookshelves) and explore the countryside by bike or foot - just look out for the bears! Guests are offered one activity a day, from nature walks and horse and cart rides, to visiting local craftsmen. There’s a pool for the summer months (it’s not heated in winter) and, at Christmas, the hotel can arrange horse-drawn sleigh rides with bells, blankets and mulled wine. Meals are taken together as 'table d'hôte,' with the chef cooking up whatever local produce is available that day, and local brandy is practically on tap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 31, 2023 1:38 AM

Speaking of the undead……..

by Anonymousreply 31May 31, 2023 1:40 AM

The Queen Mother had property in Wyoming, and I think possibly Kentucky, too. The Wyoming place wasn't exactly discussed much.

by Anonymousreply 32May 31, 2023 2:14 AM

Kentucky… inbred royals… that tracks.

by Anonymousreply 33May 31, 2023 2:17 AM

I get Kentucky because horses, the Kentucky Derby... but I don't get Wyoming. Pretty vistas I guess.

by Anonymousreply 34May 31, 2023 2:46 AM

[quote] I don't get Wyoming

Isn't Wyoming where all the rich people meet with their private jets, to hold 1%er type of meetings?

Or maybe there's a hidden bunker there, in case of a nuclear war.

Wyoming is mostly US Federal Government land, so it would make sense that there are places throughout that state, where the US Government intends to set up a new control center, in the event that Washington DC gets destroyed.

It would also make sense that the British Royal Family has a bunker there, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 31, 2023 3:03 AM

Transylvania? Don't do it!

by Anonymousreply 36May 31, 2023 3:06 AM

A Tiny Romanian Village Awaits Britain's New King

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 31, 2023 3:06 AM

Ah that's interesting R35. The old girl might have been pretty strategic in her thinking. Didn't she stay in London during the bombing in WWII? Well, anyway, looks like KCIII doesn't have as much interest in the US - or at least I haven't heard of him having properties and spending time here.

by Anonymousreply 38May 31, 2023 3:28 AM

"God save the King isn't enough. I'm seeking more drastic solutions" - Charles III initiating Operation Bloodsucker

by Anonymousreply 39May 31, 2023 3:36 AM

How tall is Charles? Harry can’t be more than 6’1”, yet he dwarfs his father.

by Anonymousreply 40May 31, 2023 4:00 AM

The Queen Mother kept a nuclear bunker in Wyoming?

Back to the asylum, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 41May 31, 2023 8:16 AM

[quote]I don't think I've ever heard of any other European royalty doing this sort of thing.

Princess Mary and family regularly spend informal time in Tasmania, where her family and friends live. There are no palaces to stay in in Tasmania, not even a top-flight hotel, and hiking and nature walks are big pastimes there (breathtaking scenery + tiny cities with not a lot going on + no predatory animals = enthusiasm for nature walks).

Mary was in Sydney on her own the other week and was on the news (the day after it happened) bicycling around the city in a baseball cap and pedal pushers, accompanied only by a woman from the Sydney City Council (and, I assume, a downplayed security guard or two, who were invisible in the one minute of footage). It was unannounced, so there was just the one clip for the news and no crowds or paps. The reason for the jaunt was that the City Council had hired a Danish outdoor design expert to improve various parts of the CBD and make them more pedestrian and bike friendly. Mary was inspecting the result from a bike, where it was more obvious than from a limo.

And she wasn't even holding up a sign that said "I demand you respect my privacy!!!"

by Anonymousreply 42May 31, 2023 9:48 AM

Sorry to be behind in my royal watching, but who is Princess Mary?

by Anonymousreply 43May 31, 2023 4:46 PM

R43, presumably Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark who is Australian.

by Anonymousreply 44May 31, 2023 4:59 PM

[quote] There are no palaces to stay in in Tasmania

But I'm sure there are many high-end places for her to stay.

Tasmania's largest city Hobart has over 200,000 people, and it's a major city.

No doubt, there are five-star hotels to accommodate royalty.

The same cannot be said of Transylvania.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 31, 2023 5:48 PM

Well now that it's public Vladimir Putin may kidnap him and hold him hostage to end the war in Ukraine. It's highly possible. His safety is at high risk. I wouldn't be surprised if something terrible happens to grandpapa. I do think Papa and George should have joined him. For the sake of his own safety. They can help protect him. Right?

by Anonymousreply 46May 31, 2023 5:49 PM

[quote] Vladimir Putin may kidnap him and hold him hostage to end the war in Ukraine

Pootin wouldn't dare.

Moscow would be bombed into oblivion and Pootin assassinated by UK and US forces, if he ever tried it.

by Anonymousreply 47May 31, 2023 5:52 PM

Could Charles be fucking this up more?

by Anonymousreply 48May 31, 2023 5:53 PM

Speaking of security breaches...

Maybe Harry is better off with private security.

Because the highly paid and highly trained BRF security really aren't doing their jobs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49May 31, 2023 5:56 PM

I actually think he is doing a wonderful job. I think as time passes we will begin to dispassionately and coldly evaluate ER II in a different light. Yes, she is revered. Yes, she queened for 70 years. But really, if she had had a mind of her own, if she'd been the least bit creative or imaginative or independent, does anyone think she would have turned in such a flawless performance? The whole "isn't she cute" thing or the "She has a wonderful sense of humor!" thing gets old. The truth is, she wasn't all that personally. She'd have been better off running a country estate and breeding horses. I loved that line in the Crown, uttered by her bitter Uncle the Duke of Windsor:"You have no mind of your own, that's why everyone is so thrilled with you."

by Anonymousreply 50May 31, 2023 5:58 PM

TIme will blur the reality and everyone will think Queen Elizabeth was Claire Foy or Helen Mirren.

by Anonymousreply 51May 31, 2023 6:06 PM

Actually, most of us will continue thinking what we've always thought: monarchy is an embarrassing anachronism, and the entire royal family, dead or living, estranged or not, is intensely unlikeable and ridiculous in the extreme.

The only thing more ridiculous and embarrassing than monarchy are the people who still revere monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 52May 31, 2023 6:29 PM

The monarchy won't survive Charles. He's a horrible person.

by Anonymousreply 53May 31, 2023 6:41 PM

Gee, what could happen?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 31, 2023 7:57 PM

Charles is quite a decent landscape painter, much better than his father.

What is it with that family, the men all paint and the women are all horse nuts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55May 31, 2023 9:15 PM

Not great, but not bad either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56May 31, 2023 9:16 PM

[quote] What is it with that family…the women are all horse nuts.

Physical resemblance?

by Anonymousreply 57May 31, 2023 9:24 PM

Charles is shrinking just like QEII.

They say he's 5'10", but Harry is only 6'2" - no way Charles is that tall anymore, more like 5'8" now.

by Anonymousreply 58May 31, 2023 9:26 PM

A romp among the vampires is always good for ones constitution.

by Anonymousreply 59May 31, 2023 9:29 PM

Is Chuckie taking his personal furniture with him?

by Anonymousreply 60May 31, 2023 9:48 PM

Perhaps C&C have got the two-week itch.

by Anonymousreply 61May 31, 2023 10:04 PM

He looks like he'd be out of breath hiking to the fridge.

by Anonymousreply 62May 31, 2023 10:14 PM

I admire his Scorpion level of commitment, despite the constant flurry of negative commentary.

by Anonymousreply 63May 31, 2023 10:18 PM

R62 is correct, I was wondering if he was going to have trouble with all the marching at Queen Elizabeth's funeral, or if he'd join Cam and all the ladies in heels in the limos.

Anne looked good for another 10-20 miles of marching, of course.

by Anonymousreply 64May 31, 2023 10:42 PM

So he's put his Petit Trianon out of the way in the mountains of another country, instead of plunking it in the front yard.

Same deal, though.

by Anonymousreply 65May 31, 2023 10:44 PM

Yup, His Majesty was clearly shorter than avg amongst all the young (many probably hung) naval ratings who pulled the Queen’s coffin on the gun carriage last year. I love seeing that 5-star Admiral’s uniform tho; so glorious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66May 31, 2023 10:53 PM

[quote] Charles is shrinking just like QEII.

Well that crown IS awfully heavy.

by Anonymousreply 67June 1, 2023 2:08 AM

R46 oh what fun times it would be

by Anonymousreply 68June 1, 2023 2:46 AM

Transylvania - Bucolic bliss, who knew

by Anonymousreply 69June 1, 2023 2:47 AM

Jonathan Harker was Asian?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70June 1, 2023 3:14 AM

That's where they filmed the much-hyped but ultimately forgettable movie "Cold Mountain".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71June 1, 2023 4:29 AM

Any links to information about the Queen Mother’s alleged properties in Wyoming and Kentucky?

by Anonymousreply 72June 1, 2023 4:37 AM

Roma-nia? Do they speak some gypsy Romance language there like Mexican?

by Anonymousreply 73June 1, 2023 5:24 AM

women like horse riding for the clitoral stimulation.

by Anonymousreply 74June 1, 2023 5:33 AM

[quote] Roma-nia? Do they speak some gypsy Romance language there like Mexican?

That's an interesting question.

I've heard that Romanian is the closest modern language to ancient Latin, that we have spoken in the world today.

by Anonymousreply 75June 1, 2023 5:48 AM

These people put two languages ahead of Romanian as being closest to Latin.

"Is Latin closer to Italian or Spanish? - Italian is the closest national language to Latin, followed by Spanish, Romanian, Portuguese, and the most divergent being French."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76June 1, 2023 7:10 AM

Do they all dance like gypsies like Russ Tamblyn and Yvette Milieux in The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm?

by Anonymousreply 77June 1, 2023 8:51 AM

So alone means how many people go with him? Security, maids, valets, cooks, chauffeurs, groomsmen?

by Anonymousreply 78June 1, 2023 8:53 AM

I think this sounds like a wonderful trip - Charles, of all people, making Transylvania look cool!

by Anonymousreply 79June 1, 2023 10:07 AM

[quote] So alone means how many people go with him? Security, maids, valets, cooks, chauffeurs, groomsmen?

Don't forget the guy who installs the King's special toilet seat!

I've heard that Charles is very particular about that little detail.

by Anonymousreply 80June 1, 2023 11:16 AM

Hiking alone? He'll be hiking with a phalanx of protection guards.

by Anonymousreply 81June 1, 2023 11:54 AM

"Any links to information about the Queen Mother’s alleged properties in Wyoming and Kentucky?"

The royals have been known to visit Kentucky, for the horse farms. A friend met a minor royal, when he was there working in one of those places, I forget who. Some cousin or husband.

by Anonymousreply 82June 1, 2023 3:14 PM

I've read that the late Queen owned an apartment or two in Manhattan in some luxury hotel; the Plaza maybe? I assume this is where the Yorkies stayed during their internships/jobs or whatnot during their NY sojourns.

by Anonymousreply 83June 1, 2023 4:28 PM

Wealthy people own property all over the world. Do you think RUssian oligarch's really own those $80 Million Condos in Manhattan? Those are probably fronts for Putin's real estate holdings. There are now so many multi billionaires in the world I'm afraid we're running out of high end properties and yachts and planes for them all. The Real estate portfolio of the late Queen and now, Charles is consideralbe and no doubt contains several U.S. holdings.

by Anonymousreply 84June 1, 2023 5:46 PM

Decades ago, Elizabeth II tried to buy Calumet Farm in Kentucky. It was an auction, and she was the second-highest bidder.

by Anonymousreply 85June 1, 2023 9:27 PM

Calumet Farm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86June 1, 2023 9:31 PM

The Calumet auction was in 1992.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87June 1, 2023 9:34 PM

Romania is a beautiful country, Charles is definitely a man who enjoys country life and getting peace for a few days

by Anonymousreply 88June 1, 2023 9:40 PM

It’s good to be King.

by Anonymousreply 89June 1, 2023 9:48 PM

Last year, Harry claimed that when he went to Transylvania in an effort to meet with his father, he was chased by the paparazzi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90June 1, 2023 9:59 PM

Charles had previously said that genealogy records show that he was descended from Vladimir the Impaler aka Dracula.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91June 1, 2023 10:13 PM

Normally I'd start making jokes about royal Vampires here, but Vampires all stay forever young, and the Windsors all start looking 50 on their 30th birthday.

by Anonymousreply 92June 1, 2023 11:19 PM

[quote] The Calumet auction was in 1992.

That was my ANUS HORRIBILUS!

by Anonymousreply 93June 1, 2023 11:35 PM

R93 Edward is the anus horribilis.

by Anonymousreply 94June 2, 2023 1:07 AM

Will he get a lame book or two out of this, like Shirley?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95June 2, 2023 1:35 AM

Is that near Pittsburgh?

by Anonymousreply 96June 2, 2023 1:45 AM

[quote]The only thing more ridiculous and embarrassing than monarchy are the people who still revere monarchy.

Sing it, sister!

by Anonymousreply 97June 2, 2023 10:46 AM

Actually, I hope Charles does write books. Or at least one. Not about his family. But about his interests. His experiences.

by Anonymousreply 98June 2, 2023 12:53 PM

Zzzzzzzz.

I want a royal rant about the ungrateful brats who disrespect the KING!!! including that pesky little bro.

by Anonymousreply 99June 2, 2023 3:19 PM

The Vulture has landed.

by Anonymousreply 100June 2, 2023 5:58 PM

Is he there now, R100???

How exciting!

by Anonymousreply 101June 2, 2023 6:43 PM

Yes, he even made a brief speech upon arrival. And William and Katherine are in Jordan for a huge Royal Wedding. King Abdullah's son Hussein married a Saudi rich girl connected to the Saudi royal family. She's that monster, MBS's cousin. He was at the wedding on the bride's side...and there's a picture of William chatting with...Ivanka Trump!!! Actually they were in the background of a photo of Katherine talking to someone. And of course William embarrassed himself by being video'd saying chop chop and motion with his hand to Katherine to "wrap it up" because he felt she was talking too long to the newly weds. What a complete ass.

by Anonymousreply 102June 2, 2023 7:29 PM

Where wolf? There Wolf!

by Anonymousreply 103June 2, 2023 7:32 PM

[quote] there's a picture of William chatting with...Ivanka Trump!!! Actually they were in the background of a photo of Katherine talking to someone. And of course William embarrassed himself by being video'd saying chop chop

Rofl!

So William is a MAGAT and a racist.

Quelle surprise.

by Anonymousreply 104June 2, 2023 7:37 PM

LOL! Hadn't thought of it, buy yes! R104. They also say Wills gets "irritated" when the print media crops him out of photos with Katherine. Of course the photos of Katherine are in variably fashion photos and commentary but Wills is "irritated." Fuck. Him. and hi stiff ass. I cringe when I see him with that gesture where he is clenching his hands together while "chatting" with someone.

by Anonymousreply 105June 2, 2023 7:50 PM

If only r102 had provided a link to the photos and video...

Even if MBS weren't related to the bride, he'd be invited to the wedding of a crown prince in a friendly Middle Eastern country as he's in charge of SA. It would have been a major diplomatic breach not to, not to mention stupid -- a public slap in the face of the most powerful man in the region. I'm sure that would have gone over well. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 106June 2, 2023 7:50 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107June 2, 2023 7:54 PM

I am breathlessly waiting for the Mirror's report of his encounter with Bigfoot.

by Anonymousreply 108June 2, 2023 8:12 PM

Oh, look. Harry's been spotted speaking to Ivanka, too. He must be MAGAt, probably more so than William because he publicly and emphatically declared our First Amendment bonkers. And you know those MAGAts like to quash free speech when it doesn't conform to their elementary school understanding of the Constitution or their snowflake needs and wants.

Yeah, the PoW should have had a keener understanding of statemanship and Christine Lagarded Ivanka right on the spot. Or better yet, simply turned his back.

by Anonymousreply 109June 2, 2023 8:19 PM

A university friend of mine took a trip to Transylvania about 20 years ago and was attacked by a pack of wild dogs. Literally chased down and bitten by a pack of dogs.

by Anonymousreply 110June 2, 2023 8:26 PM

Romania has a huge problem problem with feral dog packs, even in cities like Bucharest. About 10 years back they had a raging debate about how to deal with them with animal rights activists and more pragmatic elements arguing about how to. People were getting bitten walking from their cars to their home.

by Anonymousreply 111June 2, 2023 8:33 PM

R110, were they vampiric dogs?

by Anonymousreply 112June 2, 2023 8:38 PM

Kathrine adopted as rather Middle Eastern look with those huge chandelier earrings and heavy eye shadow. Go for it, Girl!

by Anonymousreply 113June 2, 2023 9:29 PM

R109, we know all about Harry. This is about William. And it is possible for William to be an asshole just as it is possible to catalogue Harry's shortcomings.

by Anonymousreply 114June 2, 2023 9:30 PM

So William should have been more of an asshole and openly shaded Ivanka? An because he didn't he's MAGAt?

by Anonymousreply 115June 2, 2023 9:53 PM

William is neither a MAGAt or a racist R104, but you are a horse’s ass.

by Anonymousreply 116June 2, 2023 9:59 PM

[quote] King Charles declares his ‘love’ for Romania during first visit in 25 years

The monarch was welcomed to Bucharest on Thursday afternoon by the president, a Guard of Honour and a reception hosted to celebrate his close ties to the nation.

It marks his first trip abroad since being crowned in Westminster Abbey on May 6, and he has chosen to travel to one of his favourite countries alone for a private visit of rest and recuperation.

Twenty-five years since his first visit in 1998, the monarch now has deep ties with Romania, where he owns at least 10 properties and makes an annual trip to walk through the picturesque hills and paint near his holiday home in the village of Viscri.

In his speech, he hailed the country’s natural beauty, saying: “I have come to love Romania – your culture and art, your heritage and history, your sweeping landscapes and priceless biodiversity.

“Romania has retained, in its ancient forests, pristine countryside, and through some remarkable examples of sustainable farming, an incomparable richness of nature.

“This is still home to many species of flora and fauna that have disappeared, or are threatened elsewhere in Europe and the world, which makes it all the more precious.”

The King’s countryside home offers him an opportunity to truly disconnect and enjoy his love of nature as there is no wifi, TV or radio in the Saxon house, which he bought in 2006. It is understood that there is a “small hi-fi player with CDs” in the drawing room now, however.

He has taken regular visits to Transylvania as the Prince of Wales, but this marks the first time a British monarch will have visited the country, although it is not an official state visit, despite the few official elements.

On Thursday, he talked of his “cherished” Romanian friends and all the charitable work he has done there in the last 25 years, including the Prince’s Foundation’s support to train craftspeople and architects across the country.

He said he “wanted to remind the world of everything that has always made Romania such a special country” and commended their “incredibly generous support to all our Ukrainian friends.”

The monarch also hailed his family’s historical ties with the county in his speech, explaining that the last Queen of Romania, Queen Marie, was the first cousin of his great-grandfather, King George V.

He noted too that his great-grandmother, Queen Mary, was descended from Countess Claudia Rhedey “with links that go back deep into Romania’s history” and his father was a first cousin of King Mihai.

“So, if I may say so, I have always felt rather at home in Romania,” he quipped, after explaining his family’s roots there.

President Iohannis told the King that they were “honoured” to be his first visit abroad since the Coronation, adding that it sent an “extremely important message that Your Majesty’s bond with these lands remains as strong as ever.”

He said: “On behalf of all Romanians, I convey to Your Majesty our appreciation and gratitude for the genuine contribution in protecting and celebrating the values which are a core part of our national identity: nature, our country’s rural landscape and our rich cultural heritage.

“The locals speak about how, due to Your Majesty’s interest, the beauty of their villages and traditions has managed to cross borders.

“You have reminded them how precious traditions, customs and crafts passed down from generations are.”

The President added that Britain and Romania celebrate the 20-year anniversary of the launch of their Bilateral Strategic Partnership in 2023, noting that this declaration “paved the way for intensified cooperation between our countries.”

The King and president Iohannis had held face-to-face talks before the reception on Thursday, which were followed by a meeting with state authorities and representatives of the civil society.

After the official duties were completed, the monarch decamped to his Transylvania home, nestled in acres of wildflower meadows and hiking trails, and will remain there into early next week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117June 2, 2023 11:40 PM

[quote] King Charles declares his ‘love’ for Romania during first visit in 25 years

[quote] Twenty-five years since his first visit in 1998, the monarch now has deep ties with Romania, where he owns at least 10 properties and makes an annual trip to walk through the picturesque hills and paint near his holiday home in the village of Viscri.

Do better Telegraph. Be consistent.

by Anonymousreply 118June 2, 2023 11:48 PM

I will say some of the sexiest chaturbate models are Romanian. Pretty people.

by Anonymousreply 119June 3, 2023 1:26 AM

I’m Marie, Queen of Romania!

by Anonymousreply 120June 3, 2023 1:37 AM

What's with all this "Katherine" stuff? It's Catherine, people.

by Anonymousreply 121June 3, 2023 1:51 PM

"The King will miss the Duke of Sussex’s visit to London next week as he plans to go hiking on his own in Transylvania, The Telegraph understands."

Hiking? More like living in a rustic creepy house. Hiking. Yeah, right. Hiking

by Anonymousreply 122June 3, 2023 2:17 PM

His first trip abroad less than a month after his coronation to do more of his student level painting and without the Queen. Camilla has finally had enough of his incredibly spoiled nasty behavior, won't shut up about it and he had to get away.

by Anonymousreply 123June 3, 2023 6:57 PM

R122, I saw photos of that house and all I could think of is mice and rats and vermin. Can you imagine how musty and rank it must be? Who among his personal staff has the misfortune to have to do this with him? Bet they found dead squirrels in the chimney. It's easy for Charles to spend a few days in this rustic"splendor. Then he goes back to his palaces. But as I think of it, I don't think Clarence House has been renovated in decades. They do have indoor plumbing. Barely.

by Anonymousreply 124June 3, 2023 7:00 PM

[quote] I saw photos of that house and all I could think of is mice and rats and vermin.

Sigh. This is why America can’t have nice things. Unless it’s a planet-sized, newly built McMansion, people just don’t care.

by Anonymousreply 125June 3, 2023 7:33 PM

[quote] But as I think of it, I don't think Clarence House has been renovated in decades

Clarence house was actually renovated fairly recently for Princess Elizabeth and her new husband, Lieutenant Mountbatten

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126June 3, 2023 7:40 PM

Charles and Camilla have an understanding. Charles can be a lot. So she still keeps her estate which she loves, and goes off for afew days to restore and rest and play with her horses. This allows her to be calm and supportive. She also really does hate too much of the pomp a ceremony, and the restrictions and protocols, etc. There's only so much she will put up with. So if you pay attention you will notice he does a lot of things solo. And so does she. In her defense, she is 100% fully focused in her official duties. But she needs those breaks. She was probably delighted for Charles to go off into the woods. Bye!

by Anonymousreply 127June 3, 2023 8:14 PM

Don’t tell Sessums—he might want to rent it out later in the year 😵‍💫

by Anonymousreply 128June 3, 2023 8:37 PM

[quote] They do have indoor plumbing. Barely.

Well the prior resident perhaps didn’t have need if it. She was rumored to have a colostomy bag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129June 3, 2023 11:01 PM

If = of

by Anonymousreply 130June 3, 2023 11:02 PM

Looks like pretty strong rumor if not fact: Netflix has canceled "Heart of Invictus." (link)

Maybe I should be so quick to believe this but it just sounds right. How can Netflix keep burying itself with these laughing stocks. They're bigger than the Duchess of Me and her royal idiot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131June 3, 2023 11:21 PM

The Invictus film (or was it a series?) is probably too "niche" to attract enough viewers. They probably did it to scrap the expense.

by Anonymousreply 132June 3, 2023 11:30 PM

[quote] Charles and Camilla have an understanding. Charles can be a lot. So she still keeps her estate which she loves, and goes off for afew days to restore and rest and play with her horses. This allows her to be calm and supportive. She also really does hate too much of the pomp a ceremony, and the restrictions and protocols, etc.

Meghan could have worked out the same arrangement with Harry, and still remained a "working royal."

Then everything would have been fine.

by Anonymousreply 133June 4, 2023 2:58 AM

I’ve always loved hiking alone. Highly recommended.

by Anonymousreply 134June 4, 2023 3:00 AM

"Charles can be a lot. So she still keeps her estate which she loves, and goes off for a few days to restore and rest and play with her horses."

Well that's true of any couple that marry late in life, when they marry each will have their own home, interests, and family, and sane people don't drop their established interests, family, and things when they marry. Frankly, most people who marr as late as they did would do the same if they could afford to, if they all had a bunch of homes so they could have one for visiting their own family, another for their hobby, and another for living together.

by Anonymousreply 135June 4, 2023 5:38 AM

My grandma remarried in her 80's after grandpa died. She lived in an assisted living apartment and her new husband lived in his own assisted living apartment directly across the hall, and they dined together and watched TV together and went on outings together and it worked out very well for them. My uncle, who is a lawyer worked out a "pre-nup" for them, and things went smoothly. Their both dead now.

by Anonymousreply 136June 4, 2023 1:10 PM

You can't say I didn't warn you...

by Anonymousreply 137June 4, 2023 1:26 PM

"Their" = They're

by Anonymousreply 138June 4, 2023 2:58 PM

Even Camilla had bet a few quid down at the pub that he wouldn't screw up the Monarchy this quickly...

by Anonymousreply 139June 4, 2023 5:15 PM

Transylvania is lovely. I did stay in a sex hotel in Brasov overnight. There was a clear shower in the middle of the room. You could pull a curtain across it so you didn't see it from the bed if you wanted.

by Anonymousreply 140June 12, 2023 5:59 AM

by yourself?

by Anonymousreply 141June 12, 2023 7:12 AM

Not was with a friend in a tour. The hotel was selected for us. The tour guide was making fun of it. Calling it very romantic with low level lighting etc. Didn'tention the shower though but when we got in the room the suggestions to "romance" became very apparent.

by Anonymousreply 142June 12, 2023 4:04 PM

I'm find! I s end my love.

by Anonymousreply 143June 13, 2023 2:35 AM

Chuck is drunk at R143.

by Anonymousreply 144June 13, 2023 3:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!