Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

'Bed Rotting' Is Hottest Self-Care Trend For Gen Z

HERE'S ANOTHER REASON WHY ZOPOMERS AREN'T PRODUCTIVE MEMBERS OF SOCIETY...

"Bed rot" has gone viral.

While TikTok's latest self-care trend may have a repulsive-sounding name, "bed rotting" simply means laying in bed for lengthy periods of time -- something many a teenager across generations is familiar with.

Gen Z, of course, has taken it to a new level and branded "rotting" away in bed as a form of self-therapy -- and hundreds of millions of people are taking an interest in the practice.

Bed rot, with over 308 million views on TikTok, has it's own influencers and self-proclaimed experts.

The practice does not define what can or cannot be done while in bed in order to qualify as "rotting" -- cuddling, streaming TV shows, doom scrolling on your phone, and a myriad of other activities are all seen as acceptable as long as it takes place on a bed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 31, 2023 4:13 PM

^^^^ Should say ZOOMERS

by Anonymousreply 1May 30, 2023 9:33 PM

The Chinese started it and do it better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 30, 2023 9:35 PM

Remember when we thought Zoomers were gonna save us all from ourselves? Guess we're back to waiting for Alphas to grow up.

by Anonymousreply 3May 30, 2023 9:37 PM

Like Jean Harlow or Mae West in old films but with your phone.. Don’t you also need a sassy black maid and a big box of chocolates?

by Anonymousreply 4May 30, 2023 9:37 PM

While I'm all for blaming Gen Z for, well, being them, somebody raised them, and more pointedly, indulges this behavior.

Do you think people can just lay in bed if someone else isn't feeding them, paying for the room the bed is in, and allowing them to lie around? Sweetie, none of us care about your self-diagnosed "depression" or "anxiety attacks."

As bad as Gen Z is, I blame their indulgent parents for raising them. Spoiled brats don't become spoiled on their own. The hilarious part is that these parents are going to end up having to support this idiots for the rest of their lives.

by Anonymousreply 5May 30, 2023 9:38 PM

I am telling you

If you think the level of autism spectrum behaviors in Zoomers, whose Gen X parents began having them in their 30s, is something

Wait until you get to generation Alpha, whose Millennials parents had them even LATER

We may even get to 30%

by Anonymousreply 6May 30, 2023 9:43 PM

R3 We are doomed.

by Anonymousreply 7May 30, 2023 9:45 PM

It’s glorious. More people are waking up to the fact that this life shouldn’t be “coped with”, it should be soundly rejected. Breeding ourselves to a brighter future is a disgusting and plainly bad plan. Life as a slave isn’t worth living and people are tired of playing a game they can’t win.

by Anonymousreply 8May 30, 2023 11:04 PM

Culture rotting

by Anonymousreply 9May 30, 2023 11:57 PM

TikTok is rotting their brains for sure

by Anonymousreply 10May 31, 2023 1:11 AM

My twat's rotting!

by Anonymousreply 11May 31, 2023 3:47 AM

i love you r8

by Anonymousreply 12May 31, 2023 4:00 AM

Millennials may go down as the last youth culture to embrace fun.

by Anonymousreply 13May 31, 2023 6:42 AM

Sponge on a stick!

by Anonymousreply 14May 31, 2023 6:50 AM

I get not being a slave to a system but why should they spend their lives like zombies? Go travelling, see the world, volunteer with people less fortunate, find, love, have sex, take up a hobby, read. Make the most of being young!

by Anonymousreply 15May 31, 2023 7:08 AM

Perhaps that's why there's so many fat fucks these days. Maybe do some cardio rotting.

by Anonymousreply 16May 31, 2023 3:52 PM

What do you expect from a generation of people whose first question about every job or task is, "Can't I just do it from/on my phone, though?" No, bitch, you might actually have to get up and walk across a room. Gird your loins.

by Anonymousreply 17May 31, 2023 4:00 PM

We are doomed.

by Anonymousreply 18May 31, 2023 4:06 PM

It’s permanently broken. The only way forward it to undo it all.

by Anonymousreply 19May 31, 2023 4:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!