Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Iranian model's noose dress executions protest at Cannes Film Festival criticised as 'disgraceful'

[quote]Mahlagha Jaberi, 33, said she wore the dress to the 76th Cannes Film Festival to "make a statement" and to draw awareness to the executions happening in Iran.

[quote]Journalist Yashar Ali said the model's video was "absolutely disgraceful." He said: "As innocent Iranians are being executed, Mahlagha Jaberi thought it would be a good idea to wear a dress that has a noose sown into it and then film a seductive video using a song that has become an anthem for protesters. Absolutely disgraceful all around. And then to end the video with "stop executions" and no other context or information makes it unhelpful!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 30, 2023 11:30 PM

The dress/protest is what's disgraceful???

by Anonymousreply 1May 30, 2023 8:07 PM

[quote]The 33-year-old model said she wore the dress to "make a statement" but has since been criticised on social media.

EVERYTHING is criticized on SM

by Anonymousreply 2May 30, 2023 8:19 PM

I approve of the intent.

But the way the neckline works means that no straight man is going to look at her, and remember anything about executions afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 3May 30, 2023 8:34 PM

Yasher Ali is the disgraceful one.

by Anonymousreply 4May 30, 2023 8:36 PM

I actually love it as concept.

But, my god, she's so beautiful that any statement she's trying to make is going to be overshadowed by that face.

by Anonymousreply 5May 30, 2023 8:46 PM

I can see her hanging dirty pillows

by Anonymousreply 6May 30, 2023 8:49 PM

I have often said, regardless about one's opinion's on the hijab and the Veil, it is SUCH a pity that so many Middle-Eastern women's faces are hidden, because undoubtedly they are some of the most Gorgeous creatures to ever walk the Earth.

by Anonymousreply 7May 30, 2023 8:56 PM

The great big fat person with the beer gut at the bottom right is not impressed, nor is Cynthia Nixon at the top left.

by Anonymousreply 8May 30, 2023 9:05 PM

I must have this dress!!!! I hope Chicos has it!!!

by Anonymousreply 9May 30, 2023 9:07 PM

No this is disgraceful...

Supermodel Irina Shayk showed off her abs at the Cannes Film Festival.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 30, 2023 10:30 PM

More disgraceful Irina...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 30, 2023 10:32 PM

Disgraceful Julia Fox...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 30, 2023 10:33 PM

R3 goodness or lesbian! She’s so stunning she makes that Irina person look like a troll.

by Anonymousreply 13May 30, 2023 11:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!