Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let’s be Fire Island Pines

I’m the same few songs playing on a loop, you’ll hate me by the time you leave.

by Anonymousreply 17June 6, 2023 4:53 PM

I’m the emotional breakdowns over equity and other keywords that will make the summer exhausting and eliminate all the fun.

by Anonymousreply 1May 30, 2023 3:45 PM

I’m this guy having a breakdown in a fire island group on Facebook. Here’s an actual interaction between two POC over an ad for a share booking site:

K: There's no black gay representation in this ad so I will not be utilizing this.

Other user: I unfortunately feel like a lot of guys on the island would actually prefer that 😅

K: I’m literally the cutest person in the world so I don’t what you’re talking about. Also, Black men have been the most desired men since the beginning of humanity so there’s no where that would prefer me not being there… Fire Island is my favorite place in the world and here in one picture are Hispanic, Asian and white gays gushing over me on so if you’ve had issues feeling ignored or unwelcome I’m sorry to hear that but don’t project that onto me because that’s not my reality.

Other: woahhhh people are attracted to you. I guess that completely invalidates any concerns about minority representation or treatment in Fire Island people may have 🤯

K: Did I say that? What I said was don’t project your reality to me or assume we have the same experiences or that people won’t want to see me on fire island because you feel like they wouldn’t want to see you there. Also, there’s no such thing as a minority. People of African descent are the global majority so it seems like you just need to love yourself and live your best life regardless of other peoples opinions because I’m all the representation I need anywhere to have the best time I want and everyone should feel the same. Goodbye.

———

And this drama continues on for paragraphs.

by Anonymousreply 2May 30, 2023 4:14 PM

I’m the schlep out there.

by Anonymousreply 3May 30, 2023 4:36 PM

I'm microdosing.

by Anonymousreply 4May 30, 2023 4:48 PM

I’m overpriced groceries. How are you?

by Anonymousreply 5May 30, 2023 4:52 PM

I'm a hurricane starting with K that plans an eventful turn just east of Cape Hatteras.

by Anonymousreply 6May 30, 2023 4:53 PM

I’m a little red wagon.

by Anonymousreply 7May 30, 2023 4:53 PM

R6 I’m Special K. I’ll help the homosexuals, I mean “Queers”, weather the storm.

by Anonymousreply 8May 30, 2023 4:54 PM

I’m the long tangents about how getting people’s pronouns correct is so important, by the Yasss Kween who refers to every gay man as “she” and “her”, whether they like it or not.

by Anonymousreply 9May 30, 2023 5:00 PM

I’m the Yassss Kweens.

by Anonymousreply 10May 30, 2023 5:01 PM

I’m the Monkeypox resurgence brewing.

by Anonymousreply 11May 30, 2023 5:08 PM

I’m the DoxyPEP upon returning to the city, because fucking raw is the only way and randomly taking antibiotics innumerable times a year is really healthy.

by Anonymousreply 12May 30, 2023 5:29 PM

I’m a cunt face, just sipping my little straw. Pursed lips, side eye, I’m better than you. Treating other gays like shit makes me feel better about the football jocks who tease me, relentlessly.

by Anonymousreply 13June 6, 2023 4:22 PM

"Padam Padam?"

by Anonymousreply 14June 6, 2023 4:24 PM

R14

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 6, 2023 4:31 PM

lol u all sound miserable. It’s just a weekend party getaway no? Idk if you need to get so wound up by it. I’ve never been but it looks like fun to me, I was invited out last week but it did seem like a bit of a complicated journey since I could only have gone for one night bc of work.

by Anonymousreply 16June 6, 2023 4:46 PM

I'm the "CruiseDis" whenever two men pass each other on the narrow boardwalks.

by Anonymousreply 17June 6, 2023 4:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!