Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

None wounded in shooting on crowded Hollywood Broadwalk. Victims range from 65 years old to as young as 1.

Permitless carry passed as law in April by DeSantis, hmmmm....

"Levy said a shooting with so many victims was a never-before occurrence on the Broadwalk. “Our beach has millions of beachgoers a year. It’s a very popular and beautiful destination,” Levy said. “Ordinarily, it’s a peaceful beach.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 30, 2023 7:49 PM

*NINE wounded

I wish it had been "none".

by Anonymousreply 1May 30, 2023 11:57 AM

None wounded, OP? Hmmmm.

by Anonymousreply 2May 30, 2023 11:57 AM

This article states it was a dispute between two groups. Fortunately, it looks like they have one perp in custody.

[quote] One person has been detained by police, and officers are searching for a second person described as a Black male with dreadlocks who was last seen wearing a black short sleeve shirt and camouflage shorts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 30, 2023 12:06 PM

lots of T&P's !

by Anonymousreply 4May 30, 2023 12:17 PM

I don't know what T&Ps are, but if that one year old had a gun, this might have ended sooner - err, something like that.

by Anonymousreply 5May 30, 2023 12:21 PM

T&P = tits and penis. Example: “Eddie Murphy was a T&P man.”

by Anonymousreply 6May 30, 2023 12:28 PM

Thoughts and prayers, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 7May 30, 2023 1:04 PM

Round up the usual suspects: drag queens and trannies.

by Anonymousreply 8May 30, 2023 1:06 PM

Has the South Beach Memorial Day crowd moved north or was this a different influx of trash?

by Anonymousreply 9May 30, 2023 1:09 PM

Dunno, R9. But anyone who takes a firearm to the beach is trash.

by Anonymousreply 10May 30, 2023 1:11 PM

Is anything or anywhere nice anymore? Seems like the inmates are running the asylum everywhere these days.

by Anonymousreply 11May 30, 2023 1:17 PM

Is it a BROADwalk or a boardwalk? I've seen it spelled both ways in the same article.

by Anonymousreply 12May 30, 2023 1:32 PM

I haven’t visited Hollywood, FL, since the 1970s. I see that there’s been a huge demographic change there. In 1980, the population was 90% white. In 2020, the white population had plummeted to just 37.2%. I hadn’t heard of any reason for such an exodus.

by Anonymousreply 13May 30, 2023 1:54 PM

This is happening under 'Ron DeSantis' government' - so who would want him to run our country as President ?

by Anonymousreply 14May 30, 2023 2:39 PM

These kinds of fights should be solved by ripping weaves off, not by shooting.

by Anonymousreply 15May 30, 2023 2:46 PM

Same reason why the white people leave any area........... a drag queen and rainbow flag were spotted by one frantic frau.

by Anonymousreply 16May 30, 2023 2:51 PM

R13 thinks the absence of white people is a cause for concern.

This isn't racism! We all know white people aren't involved in mass shootings at all, for instance.

by Anonymousreply 17May 30, 2023 2:55 PM

I was born in Hollywood (and got the fuck out when I was 16). But one of the great things about living there was the beach on an early Saturday morning. When I was in high school, I would get up before dawn, pack my stuff up and drive to the beach and watch the sun come up and lay out in the early morning sun for about 2-3 hours until the beach started to get populated. It was so quiet and peaceful. I'd go to bed that night and I could still feel the tide coming in when I was lying still.

Ponyboy was right- nothing gold can stay.

by Anonymousreply 18May 30, 2023 3:01 PM

This is the kind of gang shootouts that killed Westwood in LA.

by Anonymousreply 19May 30, 2023 3:53 PM

A dispute between two “groups?” Who - the Boy Scouts vs. the 4-H Club?

by Anonymousreply 20May 30, 2023 4:01 PM

R18 If you left Hollywood FL when you were 16, how old were you when you used to drive out there while in high school ?

You had to be under 16 if you left the city at the age of 16, but one of the great things of 'living there' was driving to the beach.

by Anonymousreply 21May 30, 2023 4:08 PM

It is either a mentally ill white man, or a Black thug!!

by Anonymousreply 22May 30, 2023 4:09 PM

Has Guv De Sanctimonious commented on all this shootout or the other crimes plaguing Florida under his watch ? Probably not.

by Anonymousreply 23May 30, 2023 4:09 PM

He's too busy trying to hoist his fat ass into national office.

by Anonymousreply 24May 30, 2023 4:13 PM

The young men did it because they are suffering a crisis in masculinity due to the existence of drag queens, trans people, and fat women in bikinis!

by Anonymousreply 25May 30, 2023 4:21 PM

It was ANTIFA!

by Anonymousreply 26May 30, 2023 4:23 PM

These fine young men are victims of systemic racism.

by Anonymousreply 27May 30, 2023 4:27 PM

They should just use beer bottles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 30, 2023 4:32 PM

Sunny Hostin needs to talk to her two children - Paloma and Gabriel - about the dangers of going to the beaches in Florida. Yes, Sunny, it's time to have the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 29May 30, 2023 4:51 PM

[quote] If you left Hollywood FL when you were 16, how old were you when you used to drive out there while in high school ?

I was 15 and 16. I didn't leave Florida the second I turned 16. I graduated HS in June (at 16) and became an emancipated minor soon after that. I went to NYC in the late winter of the next year.

The legal driving age in FL is 16 and you can get a learner's permit at 15. And you can legally drive at 15 as long as there is a legal driver in the car with you. Or you can illegally drive with your learner's permit by yourself very carefully and hope you don't get pulled over.

by Anonymousreply 30May 30, 2023 4:52 PM

Has Wannabe Jackie O released a tearful Twitter statement yet?

by Anonymousreply 31May 30, 2023 4:55 PM

[quote] I was born in Hollywood (and got the fuck out when I was 16).

Do you know what happened to the city and what caused it? I assume it’s a lot different now than when you lived there.

by Anonymousreply 32May 30, 2023 5:44 PM

[quote]Is it a BROADwalk or a boardwalk? I've seen it spelled both ways in the same article.

Is it broad where a broad should be broad?

by Anonymousreply 33May 30, 2023 6:15 PM

I really don't, R32. I left in the mid-late 80s and I've been back exactly three times, the last was 2009. I remember when I came back in 1999 I was shocked at how built up it had become, but it was progress like I'm sure every smaller suburban town experienced. A similar thing was happening in Port St. Lucie, which is about 90 min north of Hollywood. My grandparents lived there and I can remember visiting them in 1980 and having to be dragged there because there was nothing to do, maybe one tiny movie theater and that was it. When I visited them in 1987, just before I moved to NYC, there were malls and theaters and the population exploded.

When I was growing up in Hollywood/Ft. Lauderdale, the population was part natives, part snowbirds (Canadians who spent the winters there) and part NY'ers who fled south. When I came to NYC and said I was from the south, people would scoff when I said Florida. It really was considered an annex of the North.

The poorer areas were places like sections of Ft. Lauderdale, Dania (it's been so long I barely remember the areas) and others. I was bused to a very poor, very black neighborhood for two years of elementary school. When it came time to hit middle school, my parents put me in catholic school because the neighboring middle school, Crispus Attucks MS, had a horrible and violent reputation.

But South Florida back then was very segregated in terms of neighborhoods. When the Cubans came in 1980, they pretty much set up camp in the Miami area. We rarely went to Miami. It was about a 45-60 min drive from Hollywood. North Miami was the closest we'd get. We'd take the bus to the 163rd Street mall because it had the most amazing movie theater on the property. And then we moved to the west side of Hollywood, near Pembroke Pines and Cooper City, which was a bit more affluent, though one of my old Hollywood neighborhoods looks like it went sharply downhill the last time I drove past it. I couldn't tell you when it happened.

Ft. Lauderdale was a little more rural than Hollywood. Ft. Lauderdale was where you would find the rednecks in that area. So when I returned in '99 for a film festival, I was shocked at how much it had been built up. Ft. Lauderdale also had a lot of mobile home parks. Some were like the stereotypes you see on tv and in movies, but many were actually really nice. Before my grandparents moved to PSL, they lived in one in Ft. Lauderdale that was built next to just huge open fields, miles of nothing. But it was built around a small lake and there was a clubhouse, and tennis courts and a pool. The mobile homes were nice and they seemed gigantic. I went to school with two sisters who lived in an even nicer park. It was called ESCOM and then changed its name to The Estates. All the mobile homes were double wides and more like pre-fab houses than trailers. And they actually had a country club in the park. (Go figure.) If Hollywood had mobile home parks, I didn't see them. We were very firmly in neighborhoods made up of houses.

It was definitely a time of transition when I was growing up there. I couldn't wait to get out, and I would never go back, but I am able to remember a lot of fun things about it as a kid, but I also think a lot of that has to do with the time. Things were a lot more innocent back then.

by Anonymousreply 34May 30, 2023 6:26 PM

[quote] You had to be under 16 if you left the city at the age of 16

Come again?

by Anonymousreply 35May 30, 2023 6:47 PM

Hollywood’s “boardwalk” is indeed called the Broadwalk.

by Anonymousreply 36May 30, 2023 7:06 PM

Please don't let the shooter be......

DAMN.

by Anonymousreply 37May 30, 2023 7:07 PM

It was a trans man.

by Anonymousreply 38May 30, 2023 7:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!