Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Benedict Cumberbatch and family attacked by an angry chef wielding a fish knife

Benedict Cumberbatch and his family were left shaken after a chef carrying a knife tried to attack their home.

Jack Bissell, a former chef at the five-star Beaumont Hotel in Mayfair, forcibly entered Cumberbatch's property in north London and threatened him and his family, a court heard, per The Times.

He kicked his way in through the garden gate and yelled: "I know you've moved here, I hope it burns down," per The Times.

He then uprooted a garden plant and tossed it at a garden wall, before spitting on the actor's intercom device, the outlet reported. Bissell then used a fish knife to dislodge the intercom.

The police were later able to retrieve Bissell's DNA from the intercom, and arrested him, The Times reported.

The "Sherlock" actor was at home with his wife and three young children during the incident. It is unclear when the attack took place, but Bissell appeared before a court on May 10, pleaded guilty to criminal damage and received a $310 fine. He's also been ordered by the court to stay away from the family for three years, per The Times.

A source close to the actor's family told the Daily Mail: "Naturally all of the family were absolutely terrified and thought this guy was going to get in and hurt them."

"Luckily it never went that far. Benedict and Sophie have had many sleepless nights since worrying that they may be targeted again," the source told the Daily Mail.

Bissell was previously convicted of theft and also had prior warnings on his record related to drug, property, and public order offenses, The Times reported.

Cumberbatch's representatives and Bissell did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment sent outside regular business hours.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44May 31, 2023 5:49 PM

Now THIS is a strange story.

WTF?

by Anonymousreply 1May 30, 2023 8:41 AM

The timeline is really not working for me because this foreign born A+/A list actor/superhero hasn't been home for months, so how was he home when the chef was ranting and screaming and hurling abuse? Benedict Cumberbatch/Jake Bissell (Chef breaks into Benedict Cumberbatch's family home with a knife; Here's what happened next)

by Anonymousreply 2May 30, 2023 8:45 AM

The chef is a jilted lover.

by Anonymousreply 3May 30, 2023 8:48 AM

Now I can imagine a Chef doing this to bully James Corden but Cumberbatch seems like a nice guy

by Anonymousreply 4May 30, 2023 8:52 AM

How british - to try & kill someone with a fish knife!

I've always thought Cumberbatch was rather bland, but whether it's knife wielding chefs or Sherlock fan-gurls, he sure does bring out strong emotions in people

by Anonymousreply 5May 30, 2023 9:47 AM

[quote] Now THIS is a strange story.

Might get stranger.

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 05/29 **6**

The timeline is really not working for me because this foreign born A+/A list actor/superhero hasn't been home for months, so how was he home when the chef was ranting and screaming and hurling abuse?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 30, 2023 9:50 AM

The article says it’s unclear when the attack took place. How can the timeline be an issue for r6?

by Anonymousreply 7May 30, 2023 9:53 AM

was there a reason that he chose Cumberbatch? Was they guy really a chef or just named one because of the type of knife he was wielding? that story was lacking everything.

by Anonymousreply 8May 30, 2023 9:53 AM

This sounds like a story I heard a few weeks ago, about paparazzi chasing a certain celebrity around Manhattan in a high-speed car chase.

Are celebs really getting this desperate for attention?

by Anonymousreply 9May 30, 2023 10:16 AM

I smell a TV movie.

"Benny and Loon"

by Anonymousreply 10May 30, 2023 2:29 PM

Jilted lover

by Anonymousreply 11May 30, 2023 2:33 PM

[quote] Are celebs really getting this desperate for attention?

So what you’re suggesting is, Cumberbatch hired a chef to spit on his intercom, then called the police and had him arrested and fined?

by Anonymousreply 12May 30, 2023 2:34 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 30, 2023 2:41 PM

It certainly puts the Soup Nazi in perspective.

by Anonymousreply 14May 30, 2023 2:49 PM

If it were the US he would've had a gun instead of a knife.

by Anonymousreply 15May 30, 2023 3:39 PM

The scumbag is a [italic]former chef[/italic], not a chef, I can see why, who would want to employ this unhinged psychopath. As R15 says, just as well it wasnt the US where he would likely have been able to get his hands on a gun. Prior history includes theft and also had prior warnings on his record related to drug, property, and public order offenses, sounds like a real piece of work, cant believe he just got a fine and ordered to stay away from the Cumberbatches for three years, yeah right like thats going to happen. If I was them I'd be shit scared too, what a crap justice system. Unfortunately this sort of shit happens to plenty of non famous people too, I know of a couple of cases. At least the Cumberbatches can afford to spend money on extra security measures, many cant. Shits fucked

by Anonymousreply 16May 30, 2023 5:09 PM

Thanks for pointing out that he's a former chef, R16.

I was thinking that if he was currently employed, the restaurant owner would be mortified.

by Anonymousreply 17May 30, 2023 5:42 PM

[quote]As [R15] says, just as well it wasnt the US where he would likely have been able to get his hands on a gun.

An AR15 that would've killed Cumberbatch, his entire family, and anyone else who happened to be in the vicinity. Thank god this happened in Britain and not the US.

I'm American, BTW.

by Anonymousreply 18May 30, 2023 5:45 PM

Jack Bissell, a former chef at the 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆-𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓 Beaumont Hotel

Compared to his expert blade an AR-15 would seem clumsy

by Anonymousreply 19May 30, 2023 5:47 PM

For some reason, Benedict Cumberbatch attracts really fucked up people. There have been several incidents of stalking over the years, as well as harassment.

by Anonymousreply 20May 30, 2023 5:50 PM

The fact that he looks like an alien doesn't help, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 21May 30, 2023 7:18 PM

That's so fucked up. I liked Sherlock once until about season 1 and a half, then I got bored but watched on rather listlessly. (He was also great as Frankenstein (both the monster and the doctor - there are two versions - and I absolutely loved him in Cabin Pressure.) What contributed to my dwindling interest in all things Sherlock were the fans. I made the mistake of watching the episode (I forgot which season) where it's insinuated that Sherlock has a (female) lover on a streaming site that had a live chat function. Those weren't just some overexcited fangirls - the dynamics were insane in their negativity; those were people who couldn't separate between an actor and a role and who lost all sense of boundaries in general. (They were not all women, at least judging from their patterns of writing and slip-ups; however, the women were at least just as unhinged.)

tl;dr: Let's hope he upgrades his security. He seems to be a fine guy - why him?

by Anonymousreply 22May 30, 2023 8:10 PM

Benedict BITCH!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 30, 2023 8:15 PM

Why doesn't Benedict Cucumberpatch have security being he's such a BIG star!

by Anonymousreply 24May 30, 2023 8:19 PM

"Cumberbatch"??? Really now. Shorten it to "Cum" and your stardom will shine, Benedict (s/b "BenDick" instead)....

by Anonymousreply 25May 30, 2023 8:33 PM

The incidence of psychopathy among chefs puts them right up there with lawyers and surgeons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 30, 2023 9:25 PM

Who here hasn't ever wanted to slap Benedict Cumberbatch in the face?

He just has that look.

by Anonymousreply 27May 30, 2023 11:03 PM

R24, stars don't have security in the less nutty segments of the planet. They often catch public transport on their own and everything.

by Anonymousreply 28May 31, 2023 12:21 AM

I think it was done by Mr. White with a knife in the kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 29May 31, 2023 12:24 AM

A *fish* knife to carve up bipeds? Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 30May 31, 2023 12:30 AM

I call him Balderdash Cumbersnatch. Or some variation of same.

by Anonymousreply 31May 31, 2023 2:48 AM

Was it a soft butch sous chef?

by Anonymousreply 32May 31, 2023 2:58 AM

Did Benji send back a wedge salad?

by Anonymousreply 33May 31, 2023 3:05 AM

Bendydick has three kids? I didn't know that. I remember hearing about the first one but that's about it.

This whole thing seems like just another meth-related incident to me. Lots of drugs in the kitchens of London and everywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 34May 31, 2023 3:07 AM

Chef Jack Bissell

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 31, 2023 3:09 AM

Check out his Instagram.

This guy is a hot fucking mess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 31, 2023 3:21 AM

Mental illness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 31, 2023 3:21 AM

I thought Cucumberbatch was gay?

by Anonymousreply 38May 31, 2023 6:39 AM

R38 one taxi driver Frau told everyone that she saw C with another man making out in the backseat, so I've been told. It was always followed up by the caveat that the woman tells all sort of shit to gain her own importance. So in short, not even the ones who desperately wanted Cumberbatch to be gay found a single shred of true evidence.

by Anonymousreply 39May 31, 2023 7:07 AM

I read the thread title too quickly. At first I thought it said “Attacked by an angry elf”.

by Anonymousreply 40May 31, 2023 8:47 AM

I think Cumberbatch is primarily into women, but he's had a few dicks in his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 41May 31, 2023 1:38 PM

[quote]Who here hasn't ever wanted to slap Benedict Cumberbatch in the face?

Raises hand.

by Anonymousreply 42May 31, 2023 1:45 PM

I believe the attacker did not get into his home. Spooky stuff.

by Anonymousreply 43May 31, 2023 2:21 PM

Please don't let him be.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44May 31, 2023 5:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!