Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend! 9 dead, 50 wounded

I rounded the second count let’s be realistic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 31, 2023 2:50 PM

Black Lives Matter!

by Anonymousreply 1May 30, 2023 7:38 AM

There was a shoot-out on a beach in FL. as well.

These things are getting so common no one even takes notice anymore.

by Anonymousreply 2May 30, 2023 8:06 AM

Wild video shows the moment a group of self-identified US Marines were savagely beaten by as many as 40 youths after the service members confronted them about their unruly behavior on a California beach.

-------------------

At least nine people, including children, were hospitalized Monday after an altercation ended in gunfire at the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk, police said.

Hollywood Police spokesperson Deanna Bettineschi said they received calls about multiple people who were shot near Johnson Street after two groups of youths got into an altercation, which resulted in gunfire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 30, 2023 8:10 AM

^ I don't see any marines being beaten.

by Anonymousreply 4May 30, 2023 8:24 AM

Gentle r4, perhaps the fact that they were two separate incidents, one in CA and one in FL might serve as a clue.

by Anonymousreply 5May 30, 2023 8:27 AM

I will still move to Chicago anyway.

by Anonymousreply 6May 30, 2023 8:32 AM

Where’s the video of the “self-identified” Marines getting their asses whooped?

by Anonymousreply 7May 30, 2023 8:37 AM

How do Americans live like this?

by Anonymousreply 8May 30, 2023 8:46 AM

We don’t. We die like this.

by Anonymousreply 9May 30, 2023 8:52 AM

The suspect was arrested on an unrelated charge and admitted to shooting the five people and not calling for aid for any of them because he didn’t feel like they deserved the aid, according to the probable cause statement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 30, 2023 9:08 AM

No but seriously R9. I'm not joking.

You could go out to buy a loaf of bread and get your head blown off on any day. Children might not come home from school after being mown down by someone wielding easily accessible military grade semi-automatic machine guns.

It's mindboggling for us non-Americans. To see this happening and steadfastly nothing being done about it.

Since 2020, the leading cause of death to American children is from fatal gunshot wound. That's... - I don't know what to say. I'm R8.

by Anonymousreply 11May 30, 2023 9:14 AM

Someone was disrespected.

by Anonymousreply 12May 30, 2023 1:09 PM

R9 Well in Chicago, 9 won't be living like this anymore.

by Anonymousreply 13May 30, 2023 1:35 PM

Just remember that COINTELPRO was actually a thing - "a series of covert and illegal projects actively conducted by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) aimed at surveilling, infiltrating, discrediting, and disrupting domestic American political organizations."

[quote]In 1971 in San Diego, the FBI financed, armed, and controlled an extreme right-wing group of former members of the Minutemen anti-communist paramilitary organization, transforming it into a group called the Secret Army Organization that targeted groups, activists, and leaders involved in the Anti-War Movement, using both intimidation and violent acts.

Every once in a while my conspiracy tinhat comes out and I start thinking all this is so surreal that it has to be planned and controlled from somewhere. I mean, what better way to get people onboard with martial law and curtailment of individual civil liberties and rights than create an environment of fear. It's not like the Southern Strategy worked overnight, but eventually did work.

by Anonymousreply 14May 30, 2023 2:08 PM

I hope Chicago gets itself turned around a little bit. I lived there for many years and saw some very unfortunate changes in all parts of the city under Lori Lightfoot.

by Anonymousreply 15May 30, 2023 2:11 PM

But isn't that every weekend in Chitown?

by Anonymousreply 16May 30, 2023 2:13 PM

Chicago

2022 Memorial Day tally: 12 killed, 43 wounded

2021 Memorial Day tally: 4 killed, 38 wounded

2020 Memorial Day tally: 10 killed, 43 wounded

2019 Memorial Day tally: 8 killed, 35 wounded

2018 Memorial Day tally: 8 killed, 31 wounded

2017 Memorial Day tally: 7 killed, 44 wounded

by Anonymousreply 17May 30, 2023 2:18 PM

Chicagoans always are complacent and apologize for it. The city is a success in making residents feel captive.

by Anonymousreply 18May 30, 2023 8:42 PM

That is one messy queen at R10.

by Anonymousreply 19May 30, 2023 8:44 PM

Chicago is complacent because segregation is deeply embedded in the city’s psyche, and these killings were written off as a “Southside” or “Far Westwide” problem

However, the phenomenon of troubles following the Red Line into Northside neighborhoods, and mass gangs of youths targeting the Loop, may break the camel’s back for many longtime residents.

by Anonymousreply 20May 30, 2023 8:48 PM

R19 Turning your life around continuously is an exhaustive process.

by Anonymousreply 21May 30, 2023 8:48 PM

[quote]How do Americans live like this?

We avoid blacks and the places they congregate.

by Anonymousreply 22May 30, 2023 9:36 PM

Nine youths arrested for attack on Marines.

------------------

Two arrested in Florida gang shooting. Morgan Deslouches, 18, and Keshawn Paul Stewart, 18, both face a concealed carry weapon charge in connection with the incident. Deslouches also has been charged with larceny-grand theft of a firearm and removing the serial number from a firearm, court records show.

Three more being sought.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 31, 2023 7:19 AM

They didn't cover themselves with the blood of Jesus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 31, 2023 1:10 PM

Thread has already turned into a racist parade by right-wing trolls.

Hope Muriel quickly nukes it.

by Anonymousreply 25May 31, 2023 2:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!