Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dallas Season 8

Forget the flack poor Donna Reed got as Miscast Ellie.

Whose voice went up more at the end of sentences:

Charlie Wade’s or Mandy Winger’s?

by Anonymousreply 8May 31, 2023 5:21 AM

Shalane McCall seems like she was a little floozy, she was dating Brad Pitt (her boyfriend on the show) when she was 15.

I loved how Mandy always looked and sounded like she just had just stumbled out of bed, freshly fucked.

Bobbie should nave been kidnapped by Katherine and “killed off” in a plane crash in the cliffhanger.

by Anonymousreply 1May 29, 2023 8:59 PM

And I am going to “oh dear” myself for that misspelling.

by Anonymousreply 2May 29, 2023 9:00 PM

It was one of the show's best seasons; despite having Donna in the cast. Poor thing. Someone really needed to show her the 'Ray, get me the shotgun' scene and said DO THAT.

by Anonymousreply 3May 31, 2023 3:24 AM

This is one of the seasons costumed by Travila, so all the female characters, except poor Jamie and elfin Lucy, are dressed to rival Alexis and Krystle.

Speaking of Lucy, the writers continued to not write for her. Lucy needed to be set up with a JR protege, like Alan Beam, who worked at Ewing Oil. That would have created conflict between Lucy and Bobby/Ray. Charlene Tilton shouldn’t have been let go at end of the season; they were losing Duffy and having Lucy around would have created more normalcy around the Southfork dinner table.

by Anonymousreply 4May 31, 2023 3:31 AM

I agree losing Lucy was a mistake and they put her in a story with Fredric Lehne (sp?) who was great opposite her. He wasn't too tall and that other waitress he was shagging went on to have a solid career. She still works.

It was clear that they had separated Lucy from the family to get us used to her not being around. I suppose I did like the idea of her reuniting with Mitch. My god that man is beautiful.

The two things I'd change about Dallas were the way Bobby was killed off; better to have had Katherine kidnap him, she fakes both their deaths; he gets amnesia and Pam sees him across the street while honeymooning in Paris with Mark.

The other thing I would have changed was the finale; I get budgets and all but for the finale or last few episodes you bring back Donna, Ray, Sue Ellen, Miss Ellie, and PAM and do a round of happy endings. Give us a quintessential JR moment in which he comes out on top, shows his love for Bobby, and has to watch Bobby and Pam reunite.

Dynasty had a satisfying reunion movie; KNOTS ended with everyone back in the cul de sac (except Laura who should have been brought back), and Falcon Crest? Well, the show was gutted the last year; not even the theme song survived but Angie's speech at the end tied it all up in a bow, if not a neat one.

by Anonymousreply 5May 31, 2023 3:54 AM

Dear lord...watching the finale shows...Jenna deserved to go to jail; well, no, but what a whiner she is.

First, she should have told Bobby from the beginning that Naldo had kidnapped Charlie; this was a time JR's ties to the police would have paid off; Harry McSween would have bent a few rules to get Naldo to crack.

She allowed Naldo to take total control of the narrative; she was shocked that he wanted to have sex with her after he forced her into marrying him?

I do give Jenna credit for letting Bobby go. That was some of her best acting.

Jack and Jamie had a believable sibling relationship.

They should have paired Jack and Jenna in Season 10 and sent them off together.

Ray raising Bobby's son in Europe, and Donna living in DC with Margaret and Senator Guest Star was lame.

by Anonymousreply 6May 31, 2023 4:34 AM

Shalane married her musician boyfriend when she was 17 and has completely dropped out of sight. Other than some tabloid pics of her in the 90s working at a school library she hasn’t been photographed in over 30 years. She had a stage mom which could’ve been the reason for the teen marriage. She’s still happily married to the guy and has a family.

I think she’s been asked to participate in Dallas reunions and events but has declined.

by Anonymousreply 7May 31, 2023 5:05 AM

They want MEEE?? To Participate in REUNIONS???

Even THOUGH??? My VOICE??? Went UPPP?? At the end of each and every SENTENCE???

by Anonymousreply 8May 31, 2023 5:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!