Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The East Coast is snippy. The West is largely uncut.

I just discovered this website that visualizes data on US maps.

This page shows circumcision rates by state. I am definitely an East Coaster through and through!

The site also visualizes data on infant mortality rates, maternal mortality rates, IQ, life expectancy, food stamp use, obesity, et. by state. Unsurprisingly, Republican states that are "pro-life" and force childbirths have the highest infant and maternal death rates by far, as a rule, and those states that oppose public social safety nets like food stamps of course have the highest rates of food stamp use.

The suicide rate map is interesting. It doesn't follow political lines so much—although those good Christians who regard suicide as an unforgivable sin ensuring condemnation in eternal hellfire do have the highest rates—but the common thread seems to be social isolation. Wyoming has the highest suicide rate and it and other less-dense populations have more suicides per capita than states with big cities and dense populations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 18, 2023 8:32 PM

"Come for the space needle, stay for the foreskin!"

by Anonymousreply 1May 29, 2023 3:33 PM

"Wild, Wonderful West Virginia! Except Also the Most Civilized Cocks in the Country!"

by Anonymousreply 2May 29, 2023 3:36 PM

I believe anything and everything published by wisevoter.com.

by Anonymousreply 3May 29, 2023 3:41 PM

This is more relevant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 29, 2023 3:43 PM

Another valuable one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 29, 2023 3:44 PM

Favorite superhero by state.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 29, 2023 3:46 PM

Super cool!

by Anonymousreply 7May 29, 2023 3:50 PM

I think there's a lot of missing data here. There's no way the cut rate is only 45% in Louisiana where I live. I'm always on the lookout for intact guys. They're still pretty rare. A survey in 2020 showed 75% of infants at the time were cut in the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 8May 29, 2023 4:17 PM

Don't believe anything that comes from an internet site like wisevoter.com

by Anonymousreply 9May 29, 2023 5:16 PM

R8 The data is probably about babies, not about men born in the 70s and 80s

by Anonymousreply 10May 29, 2023 5:18 PM

Circumcision is barbaric, cruel and unnecessary. And uncivilized. It should be outlawed.

by Anonymousreply 11May 29, 2023 5:42 PM

OP, please be careful about drawing conclusions or attempting to correlate suicide rates with biases you may have about politics or whatever.

Suicide rates and patterns often are highly localized and hold across generations, even with out- and in-migration changes and other demographic change over time.

Gross rates mask the specific differences among social groups by age, sex, race, personal and family characteristics, urban/rural place of residence, religion, personal health, psychiatric history, access to more-lethal suicide methods, familial suicide patterns, gun laws and other factors.

Your thoughts on social isolation are not incorrect, but even that affects some demographics (such as elderly rural white males) more than others, and even among that group it often seems a combination of isolation and physical limitations, rather than the isolation alone.

Easy access to firearms has been associated with some changes over time in, and women have turned to firearms as a method more often as their roles in society and gun proliferation in urban areas have grown. More-fatal methods, such as guns, naturally increase suicide rates. One also has to consider the difference between suicide attempts and completed suicides, with people dying who may not have fully intended it or vice versa.

I had an acquaintance who suffered a psychological crisis (husband called her fat and walked out to be with his girlfriend) attempted suicide with pills, but she had built a tolerance to methamphetamines and ended up cleaning her house for three days nonstop. She then cut her wrists (inefficiently for suicide, cutting across rather than hard and straight up and down the lower arms in order to slice the blood vessels, although some good femoral jabs or the throat-slit work well, too) and the ran down the street to jump off a bridge, but drivers and pedestrians stopped her as she tried to go over. The police were called, and as she lay on bridge surrounded by strangers, barefoot and hysterical, a cop leaned over to her and said, "Young lady, don't you know it's against the law to commit suicide in Missouri?"

by Anonymousreply 12May 29, 2023 6:42 PM

We’ve got a lot of skin in this survey pole.

by Anonymousreply 13May 29, 2023 10:43 PM

This is definitely about babies, not current. I live in Washington state, and I can say that among adults, circumcision is nearly universal. However, there is a large Asian population in the Seattle area, and I don't think that they are circumsized for the most part.

by Anonymousreply 14May 30, 2023 12:46 AM

[quote]A survey in 2020 showed 75% of infants at the time were cut in the U.S..

I remember that. This has the national average at 62.3%.

At any rate, the white population is around 60%, so this probably just means that white Americans are still predominantly cut.

by Anonymousreply 15May 30, 2023 4:39 AM

[quote]I'm always on the lookout for intact guys.

How come, R8?

by Anonymousreply 16May 30, 2023 7:31 AM

He loves smegma, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 17May 30, 2023 3:07 PM

I had my lips removed to prevent chapping.

by Anonymousreply 18May 30, 2023 3:14 PM

Clever comeback R18 👍🏼👍🏼

by Anonymousreply 19May 30, 2023 3:16 PM

r16 Penetration is painful with cut guys. Everything feels smoother with foreskin. They can get off in a more gentle way. The mechanism of the foreskin gliding is like a finely oiled Swiss watch compared to the cut dick which is like an old sun dial. It's fun to suck on the tip and tease the tongue underneath the skin before retracting it. There's more erogenous skin to have fun with. I have a foreskin myself so it's nice because we know how to handle each other's dicks. With cut guys I often have to show them what to do.

by Anonymousreply 20May 30, 2023 4:43 PM

Someone needs to make song about this circumcision map to The Beach Boys tune of ‘California Girls.’

by Anonymousreply 21May 31, 2023 12:50 AM

Genital cutting--yes, mutilation of the penis--should be outlawed. It's barbaric.

by Anonymousreply 22May 31, 2023 1:39 AM

Nearly 80 percent of the world's males have intact penises. Cutting dicks is cruel and unnecessary. The U.S. is fucking ridiculous, but thankfully the cut rate is declining.

by Anonymousreply 23May 31, 2023 1:46 AM

R23 it's not really declining, per se.

It's just that the minority population -- blacks (13%), Asians (7%), Latinos(18%) -- which generally don't circumcise, has grown exponentially.

If the U.S. were a fully white country, the national average would be in the 90s percentage.

by Anonymousreply 24May 31, 2023 1:59 AM

Only 10% are cut in Nevada. Funky ass bunch. I don't even want to think about all the head cheese. The smell, THE SMELL!!!

by Anonymousreply 25May 31, 2023 2:03 AM

[quote][R16] Penetration is painful with cut guys. Everything feels smoother with foreskin. They can get off in a more gentle way. The mechanism of the foreskin gliding is like a finely oiled Swiss watch compared to the cut dick which is like an old sun dial. It's fun to suck on the tip and tease the tongue underneath the skin before retracting it. There's more erogenous skin to have fun with. I have a foreskin myself so it's nice because we know how to handle each other's dicks. With cut guys I often have to show them what to do.

That whole post sounds like anti-circumcision propaganda.

Most white American men are cut and content about their circ status and don't have a problem in the bedroom or with their penis at all.

by Anonymousreply 26May 31, 2023 2:39 AM

R25 there are only 3 million people in Nevada.

by Anonymousreply 27May 31, 2023 2:53 AM

R26. Yes, even among whites cutting baby dicks is declining, maybe not as much as the minority populations, but it is declining. Whites are finally using their brains and common sense when it comes to stopping this barbarism. Even religion should not be used as a reason to mutilate baby dicks. It's on the decline and the scales will tip in favor of keeping the majority of U.S. boys intact in the coming generation or two.

by Anonymousreply 28May 31, 2023 3:35 AM

r26 It is anti-circ propaganda, I'm very much against the practice. If men were given a choice in the matter it would become extremely rare. But that's my experience. I've heard many women saying the same, that they get chafed after sleeping with a cut guy. The foreskin traps lubrication and redistributes it with every stroke. The cut glans acts like a shovel pulling it out. I've heard cut guys saying they have trouble reaching orgasm or that it doesn't feel like anything. Some go through the trouble of stretching out their shaft skin to create a new foreskin, reporting increased pleasure afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 29May 31, 2023 4:03 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 18, 2023 3:54 PM

[quote]Circumcision is barbaric, cruel and unnecessary. And uncivilized. It should be outlawed.

As should foreskin that doesn't evacuate completely, blocking the sweet spot.

by Anonymousreply 31June 18, 2023 3:57 PM

Yeah, cause of all the Latinos.

by Anonymousreply 32June 18, 2023 3:57 PM

Somebody has a case of the Mondays!

by Anonymousreply 33June 18, 2023 4:33 PM

Circumcision is sexist because according to this study, it makes sex less satisfying for women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 18, 2023 7:15 PM

At the 2 hours 4 minutes mark they talk about meatal stenosis and I think Jimmy Kimmel had it too. If he hadn't been circumcised, this wouldn't have happened. Sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 18, 2023 8:05 PM

This doesn't surprise me if it's true—the west coast is a lot more hippieish and those types are more unlikely to circumcise their children. I was born/raised in hippie scum central Portland; my parents aren't hippies, but they (for reasons unknown to me) had me undergo a "partial" circumcision at birth, where there is still some foreskin but not enough to fully cover the head of my dick. I've never known it any other way of course, but I've never minded it. It has certainly made masturbating a hell of a lot easier.

by Anonymousreply 36June 18, 2023 8:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!