Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Thunderbolt and Lightfoot" was a Pretty Gay Movie

I read this article, then watched the movie for free on Tubi.

Definitely a lot of homoerotic tension between Jeff Bridges and Clint Eastwood. Jeff was sure beautiful when he was a young'n, too.

Anyone DLers seen this one?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 31, 2023 12:56 PM

The gayest part was when Jeff Bridges was fellating that pistachio ice cream cone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 29, 2023 2:16 PM

If the article hadn't mentioned the shot of the red hanky in Bridge's left rear pocket, I'd have totally missed it.

So Lightfoot was into fisting?

by Anonymousreply 2May 29, 2023 2:18 PM

The movie's poster alone is about as phallic as it gets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 29, 2023 2:23 PM

Vintage Eastwood topping vintage Bridges is a nice visual.

by Anonymousreply 4May 29, 2023 2:43 PM

Jeff looked nice in that mini dress.

by Anonymousreply 5May 29, 2023 2:47 PM

Damn. Never seen this film, but I love Bridges and I love Tubi! Guess I’ll put it on my list.

by Anonymousreply 6May 29, 2023 2:50 PM

"And the leopard shall lie down with the kid."

Yes, please.

by Anonymousreply 7May 29, 2023 3:29 PM

"And the leopard shall lie down with the kid."

Yes, please.

by Anonymousreply 8May 29, 2023 5:00 PM

Absolutely, r6. I still remember the opening shot. Cimino was capable once.

by Anonymousreply 9May 30, 2023 3:18 AM

I saw this when I was about 10 yrs old at a Drive-In. I've watched this movie so many times since then. I absolutely love it and them in it. I never picked up on anything as far as them being gay. I always thought it was an older brother/ younger brother thing. I think they were good together and this movie is touching to me. It doesn't hurt that they were both sexy as hell either.

by Anonymousreply 10May 30, 2023 4:02 AM

I've seen T&L a few times. I think I saw it for the first time with my parents.

Yes, Jeff Bridges was cute. I remember laughing, as a kid, at how Jeff ate that ice cream cone. So odd to "fellate" it in that way.

The ending must've been influenced by Midnight Cowboy. I won't get more explicit than that in case someone's never seen it before.

(I saw Midnight Cowboy as an adult and thought of T&L. MC is the older movie.)

by Anonymousreply 11May 30, 2023 4:12 AM

It's mentioned in The Celluloid Closet and has that lame kiss where Bridges kisses Kennedy but puts his hand over his mouth so there is no lip contact. Naturally this enrages Kennedy who says I'll kill you!

by Anonymousreply 12May 30, 2023 4:31 AM

Michael Cimino's first movie:

"I was unbelievably fortunate to have both Eastwood and Bridges in my first film. And never have I had such a good time making a movie. I would go to Clint every day and say, “Hey, boss, you happy with the dailies?” He said, “Michael, you just keep shooting what you’re shooting.” He said, “I’ve done so many films with great backgrounds, and it looks like it could have been shot in Burbank, but you have an eye for scope.” When I look back, given all of my experiences, it was by far the best. And I’m still collecting checks on that movie, if you can believe it. It’s still shown all over the world."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 30, 2023 5:42 AM

R11 The article in OP's link mentions how the ending is like Midnight Cowboy's.

by Anonymousreply 14May 30, 2023 10:51 AM

First R rated movie I saw as kid in my house when cable came to the neighborhood and it came with HBO.

by Anonymousreply 15May 30, 2023 11:07 AM

I liked the bad guy on the ice cream truck who was casing some house. A fat kid walked up and asked for a popsicle and the guy said: "Hey, kid. Go fuck a duck."

by Anonymousreply 16May 30, 2023 2:57 PM

R16 That was Geoffrey Lewis, Juliette Lewis' father.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 30, 2023 3:02 PM

I remember him, r17. I had no idea they were kin.

by Anonymousreply 18May 30, 2023 8:40 PM

R18 I didn't know he was her dad until after he had died and I saw her interviewed. Looking at her, though, there is a strong resemblance.

by Anonymousreply 19May 31, 2023 12:50 PM

Thanks R17. I just looked at a picture of Juliette - I guess he took his own advice.

by Anonymousreply 20May 31, 2023 12:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!