Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bitched Out By Bacall!!

Bitched Out By Bacall

Growing up I had pictures of her on my wall, Betty Jane Perske that was, a fatherless child with a smouldering stare: "The Look".

Years later I spent approximately a week's wages to attend a function at the Dorchester Hotel in London to hear her speak. I approached her at an appropriate moment, then timidly said "Ms. Bacall, I don't mean to bother you ...", to which she retorted "Well, DON'T then!" before imperiously sweeping past me. Which sounds all rather grand in retrospect but I was in tears. (That said, I was younger than anyone there by about half a century and she had just bitched in her address about "the younger generation" AND it was just after that panel at Cannes where she objected to Nicole Kidman being deemed a legend, so maybe it was all just down to unfortunate timing!) But still, Lauren?!? Oh, how I loved you! You hurt me more than any man ever has!

Have you ever been dissed by someone you've adored from afar?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 30, 2023 1:12 PM

She was always known for being a raging cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1May 28, 2023 12:03 PM

Perhaps she’d not yet get her first cup of High Point Coffee that day?

by Anonymousreply 2May 28, 2023 12:15 PM

At least she cut you down with full bodied Flavah

by Anonymousreply 3May 28, 2023 12:22 PM

Are you the same OP that got ghosted by Linda Lavin as Sardi's?

by Anonymousreply 4May 28, 2023 12:27 PM

Never meet your heroes...

by Anonymousreply 5May 28, 2023 12:41 PM

I bet the haunts her old apartment at The Dakota. Bitch ghost!

by Anonymousreply 6May 28, 2023 1:03 PM

^ Becall is starring in "Bitch Spirit" by Noel Coward

by Anonymousreply 7May 28, 2023 1:05 PM

she* not THE, at r6.

by Anonymousreply 8May 28, 2023 1:09 PM

I loved her droll delivery in Millionaire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 28, 2023 1:11 PM

The story was written in 2009. The offended boo-hoo blogger likely is roasting in hell across the table from Bacall playing canasta and hating it.

by Anonymousreply 10May 28, 2023 1:35 PM

I admired Lauren Bacall; I sent her a fan letter and she autographed a photo mailed to her.

After reading Datalounge, I was shocked by her horrible behavior. She was a total cunt.

by Anonymousreply 11May 28, 2023 1:35 PM

R8 - Lauren Becall self-identified as THE, not she.

by Anonymousreply 12May 28, 2023 1:41 PM

R11, if you think Bacall signed that photo, you're a naif.

by Anonymousreply 13May 28, 2023 1:42 PM

I waited on her in the early 90s. She was curt to say the least. And she wheezed.

Also a 10% tipper.

Cunt

by Anonymousreply 14May 28, 2023 1:43 PM

She always - always - seemed bitter.

It's not our fault she married a drunk and soon-to-die Bogart, that her career wasn't what she thought it should be, that she didn't have enough money to suit her preferences, and that she stupidly married another drunk with Robards.

Sour woman, although we've always heard she was a devoted friend and good company when not bitching.

by Anonymousreply 15May 28, 2023 1:48 PM

After Patti LuPone leapt into a taxi I had called and rode off with me standing there, I started going to her performances and leaving my cell phone on with the volume all the way up, and then calling myself from a second phone.

by Anonymousreply 16May 28, 2023 1:51 PM

OP, you should’ve told her “See you next Tuesday morning, Betty!”

by Anonymousreply 17May 28, 2023 9:38 PM

Anyone who has a voice that low from smoking is a bitch

by Anonymousreply 18May 28, 2023 9:55 PM

Beautiful, but bitchy.

by Anonymousreply 19May 29, 2023 6:39 PM

[quote]Which sounds all rather grand in retrospect but I was in tears.

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 20May 29, 2023 6:56 PM

Uppity Jewess.

by Anonymousreply 21May 29, 2023 9:51 PM

OP - You probably shouldn't have started by calling her "Betty from the Bronx"

by Anonymousreply 22May 30, 2023 1:10 PM

R19 - But was she? Even as a young starlet, she always look matronly to me. I think it was the long, resting bitch face. I also never understood how Veronica Lake was ever a sex symbol -- she was average looking with a unique hair style.

by Anonymousreply 23May 30, 2023 1:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!