Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Another Christian pastor arrested

As posted on JoeMyGod....

Not a drag queen - no, a pastor charged with sexual abuse of a minor.

As the song warns us....don't mess with a missionary man......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140May 30, 2023 11:58 PM

Somebody out there keeps a count of the number of Xtian ministers arrested each week for fucking kids and the numbers are mind-blowing.

by Anonymousreply 1May 26, 2023 10:06 PM

He’s relatively good looking; therefore we at The Datalounge absolve him of his so-called crimes.

by Anonymousreply 2May 26, 2023 10:08 PM

R1 Yes, JoeMyGod has been doing it since the beginning of the year and it's well over 100 so far this year.

by Anonymousreply 3May 26, 2023 10:09 PM

With his “happy family”. Link to profile already disabled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 26, 2023 10:10 PM

Another happy family pic. Link to profile already made private.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 26, 2023 10:11 PM

He could abuse me all the fuck he wants. DaYUM.

by Anonymousreply 6May 26, 2023 10:13 PM

He looks cute. I would do him

by Anonymousreply 7May 26, 2023 10:13 PM

Jeez. Just be gay, assholes, and stop taking your sexuality crisis out on kids.

by Anonymousreply 8May 26, 2023 10:17 PM

Finally, a made-for-tv role for Van Der Beek.

by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2023 10:20 PM

I lived in a small town for my first job out of college. There was a really handsome, charismatic priest there. Never made sense that the Catholic Church tucked a star like that away in that remote town…until it did. He was fucking all the little boys. He was caught and I’m not sure what happened to him. It was the early 90s so probably put in another church

The pastor in the OP’s post isn’t Catholic, but it’s the same damn thing. Using the mantle of Christ and power to manipulate and abuse kids.

by Anonymousreply 10May 26, 2023 10:23 PM

Anyone calling themselves a “pastor” is shady as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 11May 26, 2023 10:25 PM

I wish he'd been my first penis.

by Anonymousreply 12May 26, 2023 10:25 PM

He delivered them to his master, Darth Vader style. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 13May 26, 2023 10:26 PM

R10 = goals except the getting caught part.

by Anonymousreply 14May 26, 2023 10:26 PM

[quote] A Waco police detective contacted Hundl, who told him that the sex offender, as he is described in the affidavit, has been a “spiritual mentor” to Hundl since Hundl was in college. Hundl told the detective that they would masturbate because the man “described this as a spiritual activity.”

by Anonymousreply 15May 26, 2023 10:29 PM

Not just a Christian minister - a TEXAN Christian to boot! (Pardon the pun.)

by Anonymousreply 16May 26, 2023 10:32 PM

I'm ready to cum for jesus, pastor.

by Anonymousreply 17May 26, 2023 10:32 PM

an obvious closeted MARY

by Anonymousreply 18May 26, 2023 10:33 PM

He’s gorgeous!

by Anonymousreply 19May 26, 2023 11:04 PM

That dye job sure is brassy.

by Anonymousreply 20May 26, 2023 11:05 PM

He does look like "gay boy's fantasy" out of central casting. I mean, I know it's wrong, I do know that. But come on. At 15, I was so ready for a man like that.

by Anonymousreply 21May 26, 2023 11:10 PM

[quote]But come on. At 15, I was so ready for a man like that.

You only think you were, r21. Reality *very* rarely matches fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 22May 26, 2023 11:16 PM

Dee Plorable: That degenerate is a hom'sexual groomer, not a True 'Murican Christian(TM).

Reich-wing doublethink preserved.

by Anonymousreply 23May 26, 2023 11:16 PM

DL sez "You can't rape the willing!!"

by Anonymousreply 24May 26, 2023 11:19 PM

Looks like Topher Grace.

by Anonymousreply 25May 26, 2023 11:19 PM

Well, maybe you are right r22. I'll never know, but maybe you are right.

by Anonymousreply 26May 26, 2023 11:20 PM

Think about your 15 year old brain, r26. You'd be thinking with your hormones. 15 year-olds aren't exactly known for their emotional maturity. It's better for it to be a fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 27May 26, 2023 11:27 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 26, 2023 11:35 PM

[quote]Somebody out there keeps a count of the number of Xtian ministers arrested each week for fucking kids and the numbers are mind-blowing

The problem is that it'll be spun that he's a "gay pervert" not a fundie xtian nutbag minister. The danger will be gay people, not pastors who hide their criminal activity behind their finger wagging pretend religious piety.

Gay people dominate stuff like adverting, marketing, and PR. WHY don't we have better spin control. Why aren't we better at controlling and spinning narratives. We are rethug and fundie messages allowed to control what people hear.

by Anonymousreply 29May 26, 2023 11:39 PM

Handsome. Possible Perv. The two are not mutually exclusive. LINK = They staunchly disapprove of LGBT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 26, 2023 11:50 PM

[quote]Yes, JoeMyGod has been doing it since the beginning of the year and it's well over 100 so far this year.

In addition to this guy, Joe reported on two other pervs today.

A California youth pastor who was sentenced today to 300 years in prison for molesting a group of children in the late 1990s.

And a Catholic youth leader in Italy who was arrested May 23 on charges of molesting at least four minors aged between 10 and 14 at the time of the alleged offenses.

by Anonymousreply 31May 26, 2023 11:53 PM

He’s like a more butch Adam Scott.

by Anonymousreply 32May 26, 2023 11:55 PM

This is absolutely revolting and shameful and he should go to prison. What he did was horrible.

And I am 51, and I would’ve liked to be one of those boys.

by Anonymousreply 33May 27, 2023 12:00 AM

He told them to masturbate (so they did) and he gave them a hand job. Big whoop. All this bullshit for what? This type of middle class female sex hysteria destroys lives without regard. Ya, he shouldn't have done it. Are the kids traumatized for life? No. Should his life and reputation be destroyed? No. Grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 34May 27, 2023 12:01 AM

The article at R30 says that the two boys were related to him. One of them was 11. The picture at R28 shows two sons, around that age.

by Anonymousreply 35May 27, 2023 12:02 AM

[quote]Should his life and reputation be destroyed? No. Grow the fuck up.

Yes. Yes it should.

I guess the NAMBLA contingent has now weighed in.

by Anonymousreply 36May 27, 2023 12:03 AM

How Rotary Youth Exchange hasn't had a public "scandal" yet is beyond comprehension.

by Anonymousreply 37May 27, 2023 12:06 AM

Just because someone is blond and, well, a bit exuberant doesn't mean they're gay!

Especially when we're married and have fathered children!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 27, 2023 12:09 AM

R2 is correct, he is reasonably attractive (although he's no Alain Delon).

I have assessed this alleged miscreant and found him to be not guilty of all charges!

Free him, bathe him and bring him to my tent.

by Anonymousreply 39May 27, 2023 12:11 AM

Wall eyes...

by Anonymousreply 40May 27, 2023 12:15 AM

This article all but says that the two boys are his sons. He didn’t just molest them, he brought his older sex offender mentor in on it.

This is a “Happiness” -level fucked up situation. He kind of looks like William H. Macy now that I look at him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 27, 2023 12:31 AM

[quote]Hundl said the man acted as a “grandfather” to the boys

At 38? If you associate "grandfather" with "38 years old" then you probably have a family full or criminals and/or drug addicts.

by Anonymousreply 42May 27, 2023 12:34 AM

Hundl is good looking so I wouldn't consider it abuse (more like hot times) but his "mentor" Daniel Savala that he molested kids with in the sauna is hideous. I would definitely consider him touching me 'down there' traumatic abuse that would haunt me. Being that ugly/disgusting should be criminal in itself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43May 27, 2023 1:09 AM

He could have molested me.

by Anonymousreply 44May 27, 2023 1:16 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 45May 27, 2023 1:18 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 27, 2023 1:19 AM

He didn’t molest me.

by Anonymousreply 47May 27, 2023 1:23 AM

“ Somebody out there keeps a count of the number of Xtian ministers arrested each week for fucking kids and the numbers are mind-blowing.”

It was 1,417 last week alone.

by Anonymousreply 48May 27, 2023 1:27 AM

Yaaas christen this bussy daddy of 5

by Anonymousreply 49May 27, 2023 1:37 AM

It's a shame. If he had had only one more kid he'd be straight.

So close.

by Anonymousreply 50May 27, 2023 1:40 AM

He must be a drag queen in his spare time

by Anonymousreply 51May 27, 2023 1:57 AM

[quote] Hundl told the detective that they would masturbate because the man “described this as a spiritual activity.”

I need to find out more about this religion!

by Anonymousreply 52May 27, 2023 2:47 AM

The mastermind, Daniel Savala, was stroking so many young men and boys they have their own website with a pretty active forum!

This is all tied up in the Assemblies of God Church which is the white version of Church of God in Christ. Both believe that after being baptized in water you can have a second baptism in the Holy Spirit in which the Holy Spirit comes into your body and causes you to speak in tongues. The white version doesn’t run back and forth like the black church does and the music trends more towards bad Christian rock, but in both at the end of the service there are a few folks wandering around with their palms up stuttering out some gibberish.

Some people think they are a cult because everyone belongs to small groups and the leader of your group keeps track of you and makes sure you don’t stray from the church. It might have some pyramid scheme elements to it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53May 27, 2023 3:10 AM

What in the world is wrong with these sick fucks. How could you live with yourself. I have zero sympathy for that shit.

by Anonymousreply 54May 27, 2023 3:24 AM

Seems like the mom probably knew some shady shit was up, or at the very least neglected to ask questions about where he was taking them. I hope that’s not the case, but these culty orgs are so slimy.

by Anonymousreply 55May 27, 2023 3:38 AM

I just assume that all of these cult/church organizations are molesting and/or beating the children as well as the adults involved. When they isolate themselves away from the world - that's when the fuckings and beatings get real.

by Anonymousreply 56May 27, 2023 3:42 AM

At least everybody found Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 57May 27, 2023 3:43 AM

I did some skimming on the XA website and the old guy, Savala, back around 2008 was getting Christian college guys in Texas and convincing them that saunas and group nudity was a great, wholesome bonding activity, probably along the lines of a sweat lodge. These guys then went out and planted churches and college organizations across Texas and referred guys back to Savala and his sauna. Two or three of the guy at OP, Chris Hundl’s, XA college friends have already been picked up for sex offenses pertaining to this. Some of them were having these small teen and young adult group meetings naked. There could be scores and scores of men and boys effected.

by Anonymousreply 58May 27, 2023 3:58 AM

R42 there are two men in the story....the guy in the photo at OP and then his much older mentor, who is apparently the grandpa figure.

by Anonymousreply 59May 27, 2023 4:19 AM

R58, what’s “XA”?

by Anonymousreply 60May 27, 2023 4:29 AM

Father Gayface B. Hawty

by Anonymousreply 61May 27, 2023 4:30 AM

R60, it is Chi Alpha, the Assemblies of God campus ministry. Kind of like a fraternity or sorority but instead of drinking you have Bible study. You go on retreats and beach trips and normal social things college kids do but also pray all the time. It’s to keep college kids from these ultra conservative churches connected to the church while away from home and surrounded by temptations.

by Anonymousreply 62May 27, 2023 4:49 AM

Thank you, R62.

by Anonymousreply 63May 27, 2023 5:02 AM

So, yes, other articles out there make it clear that the 2 boys were in fact his two sons.

Based on the family pic at R5, the boy's facial expression on the right says A LOT (the wife's face, too - she clearly knew what was going on).

by Anonymousreply 64May 27, 2023 5:54 AM

[quote]But come on. At 15, I was so ready for a man like that.

Even if that man was your father, R21?

I'd hope not.

by Anonymousreply 65May 27, 2023 5:56 AM

Something something hormone therapy lesbian sharia law nonbinary Mr. Potato Head.

by Anonymousreply 66May 27, 2023 7:55 AM

The family at R28 looks creepy.

by Anonymousreply 67May 27, 2023 7:58 AM

Whoops.

I'm sure he was a very (self) righteous man.

by Anonymousreply 68May 27, 2023 8:06 AM

R34 when I first glanced at the story, I kinda thought the same thing. Two 15 year Olds jacking off in the sauna, who cares? But the news article says it had been going on since one of them was 11 and then it turns out the old troll had been giving them handjobs.

That is something else, and if they were the other guys kids it is unforgivable.

by Anonymousreply 69May 27, 2023 8:38 AM

R65, What’s your problem?

by Anonymousreply 70May 27, 2023 8:52 AM

Note the aggressive way he’s clutching his son in both R5 and R28.

by Anonymousreply 71May 27, 2023 9:13 AM

R71 Wish he’d clutch me like that. I’m ready for everything he has to offer. I just have no interest in his troll friend Savala.

by Anonymousreply 72May 27, 2023 1:12 PM

True, R23. Christian fundies will say he's a typical homosexual who molests underaged boys. Prejudices confirmed.

by Anonymousreply 73May 27, 2023 1:23 PM

Doesn’t a red hanky to the right mean you want to get fisted?

by Anonymousreply 74May 27, 2023 1:25 PM

My 14 year old gay boy prayers would have been answered had he been in the very Baptist church I attended. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 75May 27, 2023 1:32 PM

Betcha dollars to donuts this guy was a bud light drinker and shopped at Target!

by Anonymousreply 76May 27, 2023 1:35 PM

I was "groomed" by the youth director at my baptist church. To his credit, he waited until the week after my 18th birthday, but lots of innapropriate hugs and hands.

It didn't go anywhere just him grabbing my cock. I didn't feel traumatized, just betrayed. I didn't tell anybody, but after I went off to school, he kept sending cards to my house. Finally the folks got suspicious and opened one. He ended up moving to another church.

The best part is that I was too "traumatized" to ever go to church again 😉

by Anonymousreply 77May 27, 2023 2:22 PM

Cookie sniffer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78May 27, 2023 2:41 PM

R77 Went to Catholic school. Was never groomed or inappropriately touched. Men didn’t find me attractive then and they don’t find me attractive now at age 41. I never get sexually harassed. The people who don’t want it are the ones who get it.

by Anonymousreply 79May 27, 2023 3:09 PM

Sounds like an entire network in Texas according to the link in r78. Hope they all go down.

by Anonymousreply 80May 27, 2023 3:09 PM

[quote]At 38? If you associate "grandfather" with "38 years old" then you probably have a family full or criminals and/or drug addicts.

I was watching a court show yesterday. The plaintiff - 25 and has a 9 year old daughter - was suing her mother - 42 for using her credit card without permission. The 42 year old claimed she was buying an airline ticket for her 58 year old mother (the plaintiff's grandmother) because the grandmother doesn't have a CC due to bad credit. (The 42 has no CC either). The 42 year old said that she usually uses her 75 year old grandmother's CC (that's the plaintiff's great grandmother) but she had her CC stolen, and was waiting on a replacement.

So this Latina family of women seem to have children at the average age of 17. I can only guess it must be a cultural normalcy. The 9 year old has a mother, grandmothre, great-grandmother, and great-great grandmother. Maybe one of them shou

by Anonymousreply 81May 27, 2023 4:24 PM

[quote]He told them to masturbate (so they did) and he gave them a hand job. Big whoop. All this bullshit for what? This type of middle class female sex hysteria destroys lives without regard. Ya, he shouldn't have done it. Are the kids traumatized for life? No. Should his life and reputation be destroyed? No. Grow the fuck up.

Yikes. Even if it's your actual father (which this case seems to be)? Also how do you know that the kids aren't traumatized? Some aren't but some are - I've watched a number of documentaries featuring adult men who talk about the lifelong effects being sexually abused as a child has had on them. Grown men crying on TV about it.

Also, in my own neighbourhood there's a man who regularly gets drunk and yells constantly in the street and in his apartment. On Nextdoor people living in the building were talking about how they tried to get him evicted and couldn't because he owned the apartment. Someone wondered how he could afford that and another person said that he'd told them that he was sexually abused by a politician and bought the apartment with the payoff. The point is that this is a very damaged man.

I think you're confusing your own attraction to him with assuming that others must be too - but most males aren't gay (and not all gay men have Daddy fetishes either).

by Anonymousreply 82May 27, 2023 4:55 PM

Not entirely true r22. I was 16 I had my first sexual experience. Found a college student on Adam4Adam. Lied about my age and gave him a blow job. By 17 I had a car and a driver's license so was going around Indiana hooking up with men. Craigslist, Adam4Adam, and Manhunt were gold minds for a horny teenager. If I had a guy like this, I would have held on for dear life and kept my mouth SHUT. I was horny and dreaming about hot men in my town at 15 as well. My classmates already started being sexually active in middle school and early into high school. Very common to have sex at that age. I don't condone adult/child (rape/molestation) sex.

As an adult, I can say this man is sick, stupid, and wrong. But some teenagers can handle such interactions without falling off the deep end. I still jerk off to some of the hot dick teenage me could score.

by Anonymousreply 83May 27, 2023 5:51 PM

I'm afraid 15 year old me would probably force him to do more than jerk me off. We are moving on to oral or I'll tell my mommy and daddy. He would have hated placing me in his sites.

by Anonymousreply 84May 27, 2023 6:14 PM

R84, he had websites?

by Anonymousreply 85May 27, 2023 6:19 PM

Hey r79, I was already playing with friends at that time, so it wasn't that I wanted to be left alone, I just liked guys my age. It's why I didn't go Defcon 1.

But my dude, 41 is not dead. I am sure you have heard all this before, but I am going to repeat it. If it is a body issue, don't count on diet fixing things. Only exercise will help that.

Even if you have a body that refuses to drop the weight, you can carry it better if you are in shape. Start small with walking and work your way up.

If it is appearance, go to a hair place in the local strip mall for a cut and ask the stylist for some advice. They are dying to dish it out and if you show some interest in their lives, it will flow like lava. Plus she might be able to hook you up with some edibles too!

If it is timidity, engage some guys expecting to fail. It is just like entrepreneurship. Nobody hits the bullseye on their first outing. But you learn from your failures. Without that, you will never find your success.

Finally, examine your standards. For me, I had to balance my standards with what I resorted to because of availability. When I was desperate, those standards would be lowered, but when i was being selective because of my ego the environment was not target rich.

by Anonymousreply 86May 27, 2023 7:32 PM

R82 There are kids who get beaten by their parents but still love them and want them around. How is this different? If the touching w/dad was traumatic, will his absence from the family's life during his prison sentence not be traumatic as well? Is prison the solution?

Things like this should be addressed within the family or community. Going to the authorities should be a last resort, but it wasn't necessary here. He could've been confronted by his wife, coworker or a friend. A solution could've been worked out for his totally inappropriate actions and interests. This case is about TOUCHING, not sodomy. The kids are probably more traumatized by people's reactions to the abuse than the actual 'abuse'. Good grief. And this is a forum for GAY MEN. The fraus in here belong on lipstickalley. Their opinions are based on emotion, making them irrelevant here.

by Anonymousreply 87May 27, 2023 8:06 PM

Relax, it's just sex.

by Anonymousreply 88May 27, 2023 8:08 PM

[quote] There are kids who get beaten by their parents but still love them and want them around. How is this different? If the touching w/dad was traumatic, will his absence from the family's life during his prison sentence not be traumatic as well? Is prison the solution? Things like this should be addressed within the family or community. Going to the authorities should be a last resort, but it wasn't necessary here.

So you think that kids should stay in situations where they are beaten up or sexually abused? Even if the kid wants to stay in it, how is that healthy? That kind of childhood tends to teach them pretty negative things and tends to carry on the pattern.

by Anonymousreply 89May 27, 2023 8:15 PM

I don’t often see pictures of people who have the same hair color that I have, but the OP picture looks like my hair. The eyes are similar to mine, although I think mine are slightly bluer.

by Anonymousreply 90May 27, 2023 8:47 PM

R89 Sometimes there is no solution. They will be traumatized by an abusive parent, or traumatized by an abusive parent's absence/incarceration. The govt can't solve every problem.

by Anonymousreply 91May 27, 2023 9:03 PM

R91 Pretty sure that the kids will get to stay with the mother who likely won't abuse them. Many kids grow up in single parent homes and are fine. The abusive parent doesn't need to be present for a kid to have a supportive family.

by Anonymousreply 92May 27, 2023 9:05 PM

I'm inclined to somewhat agree with R87. It was touching, not rape. That distinction matters even if you are someone who believes it doesn't. Work this out quietly, all this unwanted attention brought to the children is what is most damaging. Their friends will know and they will suffer for it. Young men and women get counseling. They heal and recover from being inappropriately touched by adults. It's much harder for them to recover from being exposed, humiliated and shamed by their peers.

Dad and his "mentor" have to be removed from being anywhere near the children. Dad can have supervised visitation while they're in treatment and privately working to heal the children in this family.

by Anonymousreply 93May 27, 2023 9:22 PM

😛😛😛 😘👌💦🔥

by Anonymousreply 94May 27, 2023 9:26 PM

[quote]Dad and his "mentor" have to be removed from being anywhere near the children. Dad can have supervised visitation while they're in treatment and privately working to heal the children in this family.

Wait, so you say that they should be removed from the kids but also that it should be worked out privately - everyone knows that in a Christian community that means that they won't be removed; that as heads of the household, they get to say what happens.

by Anonymousreply 95May 27, 2023 9:26 PM

[quote] Hope they all go down.

Isn't that what got them into trouble in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 96May 27, 2023 9:36 PM

In related news I'm relieved I still have the pedo apologists blocked.

by Anonymousreply 97May 27, 2023 10:29 PM

No, R95, I would remove their leadership from the household, by force if necessary. I have no problem with that. They would no longer be in charge of the household. Period.

Yes - remove them. Yes - work it out privately and with as little attention from the community as possible. Don't humiliate the children and expose them to cruel ridicule from their peer group.

by Anonymousreply 98May 27, 2023 10:30 PM

[quote]No, I would remove their leadership from the household, by force if necessary. I have no problem with that. They would no longer be in charge of the household. Period.

But you're not in that situation. Who would do that? The wife? Unlikely, she likely buys into all the Christian patriarchal stuff. He's the father, the head of the household, likely he's the one who provides the money - and his 'mentor' is like a 'grandfather' according to reports, so that mentor is an authority over him. It's so creepy. And this is why some kind of objective outside law is needed.

by Anonymousreply 99May 27, 2023 10:34 PM

[quote] Many kids grow up in single parent homes and are fine. The abusive parent doesn't need to be present for a kid to have a supportive family.

But likely she and her community believe in the primacy of the nuclear “traditional” family. She may be more shunned than supported. She may be even blamed for not satisfying her husband.

by Anonymousreply 100May 27, 2023 10:47 PM

R100 Jesus, is that kind of blackmail a good reason not to do the right thing? Fuck off with that.

by Anonymousreply 101May 27, 2023 10:49 PM

I honestly don't even know why I am arguing with people defending child predators who likely think gay people are the devil's work too. Obscene on a gay forum. I'm out.

by Anonymousreply 102May 27, 2023 10:50 PM

R101, I am neither Jesus nor a believer in him.

by Anonymousreply 103May 27, 2023 10:52 PM

R103 Pedo defender.

by Anonymousreply 104May 27, 2023 10:53 PM

R104, I am certainly not that. I think that the book should be thrown at him and that he should be locked up for many years. However, I’m not a believer in the primacy and benefits of the “traditional”, nuclear family. Having the kids stay with the mother is probably the best option, but I also don’t think this sort of family where the family is the unquestioned head of household should exist in the first place. It leads to abuses such as occurred here.

by Anonymousreply 105May 27, 2023 10:59 PM

[quote]Things like this should be addressed within the family or community. Going to the authorities should be a last resort, but it wasn't necessary here.

R87, what in the fucking hell are you going on about? These children were damaged by the actions of both the community and the family (including their own father), yet you believe the solution lies "within the family or community"?

I see the others have blocked and F&Fed you, and I'm doing both as well. You're either an apologist for outright child abuse or a completely disinterested troll whose only intent is to putrify the joint.

by Anonymousreply 106May 27, 2023 11:04 PM

R106, what that poster is doing is advocating for the standard response the Roman Catholic Church practiced for decades. We see how that all turned out!

Honestly, it’s probably easier to do a coverup in this Pentecostal world because the congregations are far more independent and there is very little church hierarchy compared to other Protestant denominations and certainly the Catholic Church.

by Anonymousreply 107May 27, 2023 11:15 PM

If there is a DISCREET legal agency that could handle such removals and enforce supervised visitations with the father, fine.

My concern is not with the religion nor with the stupid cunt mother, nor with the male cunt members of their church.

As much as it's ridiculous, smarmy and wrong on the Datalounge, my sole concern is for the children in this situation. The children need to be protected and not simply from ever being touched by adults but from all the things about this situation that can destroy their lives. Their peers are the most important group for the children involved. More powerful and influential than any parent, any church or school or counselor or anyone/anything else. Their peers will determine how the children get through this.

Go in with cops and attention and publicity and all kinds of noise - those kids are fucked for life. No amount of counseling is going to heal what their peer group will visit upon them in cruelty, teasing, shaming and humiliation.

You want to run in blind and Rambo this shit. You refuse to see how damaging that is to the children, because the children are not your concern. Punishing the father who touched them is your only concern. That may not be what is best for the children, or at least going in ham isn't a healthy or successful way to do it. If the children are first, you will have to cool the fuck down and use some sense.

You want to twist that into pretending that I support pedophilia? Be my guest, that doesn't make it true it's just another of your ham-fisted attempts to bully other posters on the Datalounge. Fuck off and die in a grease fire, honey. The only pedo-freaks around here are you and your "girls."

by Anonymousreply 108May 27, 2023 11:18 PM

R108 Pedo defender.

by Anonymousreply 109May 27, 2023 11:21 PM

R108, can you point to any such organization that does what you suggest? All of the cases of systemic abuse I can call to mind, the Church and the Boy Scouts, were only worsened by years of trying to handle things quietly and within the community.

Something being ideal and something being possible in the real world are two different things. I would argue that the real world evidence mentioned above suggests that getting things out into the open is the only thing that actually ends the abuse.

by Anonymousreply 110May 27, 2023 11:25 PM

[quote] going in ham

Ham, son of Noah, who supposedly sodomized his own father?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111May 27, 2023 11:25 PM

Sweeping it under the carpet does NOT help victims. Allowing "communities" or spouses who have a vested interest in sweeping it under the carpet at the expense of victims only helps the pedo perp. We have thousands of examples of communities and spouses not only willing to ignore the pedo behavior of "respected" adults, but also punishing the kids for speaking out. Communities and spouses are more worried about their own reputations and often money to bother with protecting victims.

And jerking a kid off or having him jerk you off is not "just touching" - try doing that to one of your colleagues or on a zoom call and see how that goes.

I'm one of the folks who would have been in heaven in middle school if someone who looked like this guy wanted to let me do all sorts of stuff with him. He wouldn't have been able to get his pants off fast enough. He wouldn't have had to "convince" me to do anything. But, that's the point. I knew what I was doing back then and the only trauma I have today is that I recognize that my willing participation when I was a kid may have emboldened some pervs to traumatize some other kids who weren't looking for it.

by Anonymousreply 112May 28, 2023 12:24 AM

It's worth mentioning for those who didn't click on the article and read it that this guy (Hundl) didn't actually directly commit the abuse himself but was present and facilitating sexual abuse for an older man - a 'mentor' - who acted like a 'grandfather'. Likely was his kids. So he was providing his kids to this man to be sexually abused - right in front of him.

[quote]A Waco police detective contacted Hundl, who told him that the sex offender, as he is described in the affidavit, has been a “spiritual mentor” to Hundl since Hundl was in college. Hundl told the detective that they would masturbate because the man “described this as a spiritual activity.” Hundl said the man acted as a “grandfather” to the boys, and said that between the summer of 2021 and March 2022, he took the boys to use a sauna at the man’s home in Houston on several occasions. One at least one visit, the man told the children to perform self-gratification, which Hundl said they did while he and the man were in the sauna with the boys. The scenario happened again in March 2022 in a sauna at Hundl’s residence in Waco, according to an arrest affidavit. One of the boys, who was 11 at the time, confirmed the alleged incidents in Houston and Waco during a forensic interview. The boy said Hundl and the man also told them not to tell anyone about the alleged abuse, the affidavit alleges. The boy also said that the man masturbated both boys at the man’s sauna in Houston."

by Anonymousreply 113May 28, 2023 1:20 AM

Waco is a very fucked up town within the larger and equally fucked up state of Texas.

by Anonymousreply 114May 28, 2023 8:26 PM

But, shiplap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115May 29, 2023 4:41 AM

[quote] But, shiplap.

?

by Anonymousreply 116May 29, 2023 5:10 AM

R116, the pastor had a side business putting up pallet walls, which are made by taking planks from shipping pallets and putting it up in a shiplap patterns.

by Anonymousreply 117May 29, 2023 5:21 AM

The sons (in the family group photo upthread) look totally uncomfortable. And his body language with one of the sons is odd. He’s grabbing the side of the boy’s body too possessively.

Trying to handle this kind of shit privately and discreetly has not worked. It works for the adult in that all of this shit gets swept under the carpet.

Sure, some posters above may not have minded a handsome guy in his 30s acting sexually with you. Everybody is not the same.

by Anonymousreply 118May 29, 2023 5:23 AM

God bless those kids. Not their father’s God. The benevolent Santa like God.

by Anonymousreply 119May 29, 2023 5:44 AM

[quote]some posters above may not have minded a handsome guy in his 30s acting sexually with you.

A lot of people are missing that he wasn't even the one directly doing it. Sure he was THERE but the article says it was an 'older man' who was masturbating the boys. Who knows what that older man looks like - could be a complete troll.

by Anonymousreply 120May 29, 2023 7:36 AM

I’d be more traumatized by the involvement of law enforcement, the courts, the media, and knowing the town was gossiping about my family than I would be about the touching in the sauna. Massive disparity between the action and reaction. Terrifying overkill.

Preventing trauma to the kids should be the goal, but it seems some on here only want to punish dad. Give him a long stint in prison. But what if the kids don’t want their dad taken away? How do you punish him without hurting them? Is punishment the goal, or just making sure he doesn’t reoffend?

This can’t be compared to the Catholic Church. Priests are single and childfree so public exposure and prosecution doesn’t result in collateral damage. A family situation is delicate and needs to be dealt with discreetly. Exposure such as this may have already caused irreparable psychological damage to the kids.

by Anonymousreply 121May 29, 2023 7:44 AM

R121 We don't know whether the kids themselves made the complaint and want it to stop.

by Anonymousreply 122May 29, 2023 7:54 AM

The family photo at R28 looks like something out of "Flowers in the Attic".

by Anonymousreply 123May 29, 2023 8:04 AM

This article says that the older man was registered sex offender. He "was charged in 2012 for sexual abuse of a minor, a third-degree felony. According to court documents, he committed the offense in Alaska between 1995 and 1997".

And worse, that several people who claim to be a victim of this sex offender have sent a legal letter to several Texas universities claiming that Chi Alpha and Assembly of God leadership were aware of his sex offender status but still directed young men to him for spiritual guidance.

I have absolutely no idea why people still think that this can be dealt with 'in the community'. Who's going to deal with it who has the authority to make them stop?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124May 29, 2023 8:13 AM

[quote] Preventing trauma to the kids should be the goal, but it seems some on here only want to punish dad. Give him a long stint in prison. But what if the kids don’t want their dad taken away? How do you punish him without hurting them? Is punishment the goal, or just making sure he doesn’t reoffend?

Without the prison time, an offender will reoffend. Yes, the goal is to prevent reoffending. It takes years, if it ever does work, for a child molester to go through treatment.

I agree that the court system is traumatizing for the victims.

Even if the kids don't want their father taken away, it's not good for them to live with someone who is untreated. There's going to be an attachment between parent and child. It doesn't mean that they should live together.

Child molesters are compulsed and simply will not stop without some teeth in the legal system. Even after a jail sentence, people come out and ... reoffend.

by Anonymousreply 125May 29, 2023 3:58 PM

This headline reminds me of when in "Brideshead Revisited" Charles and Julia are reading the newspaper together and Julia suddenly says, "ANOTHER naughty scout leader..."

by Anonymousreply 126May 29, 2023 4:03 PM

[quote]A family situation is delicate and needs to be dealt with discreetly. Exposure such as this may have already caused irreparable psychological damage to the kids.

The damage was done pre-exposure, r121.

by Anonymousreply 127May 29, 2023 4:03 PM

r121 is also:

[quote]He told them to masturbate (so they did) and he gave them a hand job. Big whoop. All this bullshit for what? This type of middle class female sex hysteria destroys lives without regard. Ya, he shouldn't have done it. Are the kids traumatized for life? No. Should his life and reputation be destroyed? No. Grow the fuck up.

[quote]Hundl is good looking so I wouldn't consider it abuse (more like hot times) but his "mentor" Daniel Savala that he molested kids with in the sauna is hideous. I would definitely consider him touching me 'down there' traumatic abuse that would haunt me. Being that ugly/disgusting should be criminal in itself.

by Anonymousreply 128May 29, 2023 4:08 PM

[quote] Who knows what that older man looks like - could be a complete troll.

Photos of him were linked upthread, and he is indeed a troll.

by Anonymousreply 129May 29, 2023 4:08 PM

I read about a psychologist who interviewed adults who'd been sexually abused as kids. They said other people's reactions to the abuse were worse than what actually happened. That they didn't know anything bad happened because it wasn't a negative experience. They were told by others that a bad thing happened and that they were abuse victims.

But keep believing you know better than actual victims. When you really just like feeling self-righteous no matter who gets hurt in the process of your demand for 'justice'. Savala is a registered sex offender, so he's not going stop reoffending. Prison is obviously the only solution for him. I contend that there is no way to punish the father without fucking his kids up mentally. Probation, mandatory counseling, and if any prison term to be served after the kids turn 18 or moved out of the house, would be my best guess at a solution. Absolutely no sirens, no raid, none of that traumatic bullshit. Just a quiet, unassuming taking of the father into custody for formalities and then released until sentencing.

Have a better idea? Let's hear it.

by Anonymousreply 130May 29, 2023 8:05 PM

Link to this psychologist? Sounds like a crackpot psych. While certainly it's true of some people, it definitely isn't true for many others.

by Anonymousreply 131May 29, 2023 8:12 PM

R131, they won’t link because it’s a lie or, if an actual statement, it was made by some crackpot who would be hard to defend in an honest discussion.

by Anonymousreply 132May 29, 2023 8:35 PM

Yea…whenever I see another story about Waco wackos. I think hmmm…what would Evelyn Waugh think about this.

by Anonymousreply 133May 29, 2023 10:20 PM

R96 and others, there are no real pedo apologists on this thread or in Datalounge. This is more of Poo Shoes' trolling (R87 & R93). Between room turns at the Bellagio, she likes to tell stories and say things that make gay men look bad by association - and nearly everything on this website is assumed to be written by gay men.

So, larping as a gay man, she posts pro-child-rape opinions, and posts many ESTs about bad trans, bad bis, and bad gays. She can't come out and state her hate directly, but she can make her point known by telling anecdotes that make the same points.

PS/D@vida does this on Reddit too, especially in r/AskGayBros and similar little-moderated subreddits. With the same goal, to spread hate propaganda that gay men are child molesters, drug-addicted, diseased sluts.

If you don't like this sort of thing on your gay websites, you need to write Muriel here at the address on the help page, and tell her so, explaining as I have here what she's doing, and asking why PS is permitted to post her hate speech on this site. I'd invite permanent Prime Time, and I certainly wouldn't miss Poo's endless inane posts.

by Anonymousreply 134May 30, 2023 12:40 AM

About the fallout: Police departments and courts are already trained how to handle sex abuse and incest situations. How well they follow through on what they know is another matter. Things are kept quiet. But if your Dad is both a child molester and relatively high ranking in the church and well known in the community, people are going to find out.

Texas has small counties. If any of these shenanigans crossed county lines, this may become a state police matter, which might actually be better for the children, in terms of the higher functioning of the state vs local police.

Since the story is already public, the father has been dealt with in some manner. The mother may be investigated too, to determine if she knew anything and failed to protect her children. The church officials will be investigated as well. The children may not be able to live with either parent. All this will be decided by the courts, child welfare, and allied tradespeople.

For those of you worrying about the system being too hard on the children, well yes, that is a thing. There's a term in the child abuse biz to describe how the system can be as traumatizing as the abuse itself, and that term is called hypervictimization. But it's not worse than what the children have already experiened. And the pain of discovering your dad's a chomo is one of the reasons why being a pedo is bad.

by Anonymousreply 135May 30, 2023 12:50 AM

What’s a “chomo”?

by Anonymousreply 136May 30, 2023 12:53 AM

Child molester.

by Anonymousreply 137May 30, 2023 1:01 AM

Thank you, R137.

by Anonymousreply 138May 30, 2023 1:08 AM

[quote] There's a term in the child abuse biz

It’s a biz? Like show biz? Intriguing. Tell me more.

by Anonymousreply 139May 30, 2023 1:09 AM

What is the Twitter account that keeps track of the Christian sex offenders?

by Anonymousreply 140May 30, 2023 11:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!