Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

If you were closeted in college...

how did you deal with it?

by Anonymousreply 12May 27, 2023 4:29 PM

I wasn’t closeted in college and I started college in 1990. I was the only gay in the village.

by Anonymousreply 1May 26, 2023 2:39 AM

I sucked off my straight roommate several times a week.

by Anonymousreply 2May 26, 2023 1:01 PM

OP, Are you posting from the 1950's ?

by Anonymousreply 3May 26, 2023 2:18 PM

r3 people were heavily closeted in the 80s and 90s-----AIDS remember?

by Anonymousreply 4May 26, 2023 5:55 PM

R2 same

by Anonymousreply 5May 26, 2023 5:57 PM

R 4 dont know if you lived in a shack in the woods but we werent closeted where i lived. And it was a large midwestern city.

by Anonymousreply 6May 27, 2023 11:58 AM

I was closeted until early fall of my senior year- I kept to myself.

by Anonymousreply 7May 27, 2023 12:04 PM

Had a girlfriend and, at the same time, had sex with every experimenting straight friend I had.

They all approached me. I must have had a sign on my back: "Will Try Sex with Men." All straight, or now living straight lives as far as I can tell via social media and internet searches. Same with all the boys I fooled around with in elementary and middle school.

In high school I took a sabbatical. I swore I was going to try harder to be straight.

I obviously must have been the corrupting influence on all of them. And all of it was lousy sex, in retrospect, though I WAS getting off, at least.

This was in the 60s and 70s, so boyfriends were not a thing as they are today. I'm not even sure there was ever any kissing.

by Anonymousreply 8May 27, 2023 12:15 PM

Small midwest college in the 70s. Everyone was under scrutiny and gossiped about. All the closet cases dated girls who were hoping to land a husband. Any hint of gayness had serious social repercussions from the jock / mean girl set. Even incel types had it rough. Hard to concentrate on academics when you are being bullied. Two of my friends transferred to get away from it.

Today, there is a gay-straight alliance group on campus. So, there seems to be more tolerance and acceptance these days

by Anonymousreply 9May 27, 2023 12:30 PM

I had girlfriends and even like them and the sex! Plus I blew hot jocks in the campus tearooms. Finally some gay guy I respected told me to cut the crap and just be gay, so I did. Never figured out if I might have been bisexual so I guess finally I am just a gay guy who was fine with straight sex when it offered rewards.

by Anonymousreply 10May 27, 2023 12:34 PM

I never told anyone about being gay, because I wasn't sure until my roommate crawled into bed with me one night and began four years of really hot sex. No one else needed to know, so I didn't publicize it.

by Anonymousreply 11May 27, 2023 4:16 PM

r6 you can't speak for your whole school

I'm sure there were closeted people you didn't know about.

by Anonymousreply 12May 27, 2023 4:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!