Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Texas GOP Finally Does Something Right: Rec's Total Shithead Ken Paxton Impeachment

"BREAKING: A GOP-led Texas House investigative committee that spent months looking into Attorney General Ken Paxton has recommended impeaching the fellow Republican after years of scandal. The state House could remove him soon as Friday."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 28, 2023 11:32 AM

[quote] Rec’s

?

by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2023 11:27 PM

[quote]Rep. Andrew Murr, the Republican chair of the investigative committee, said he did not have a timeline and Phelan’s office declined to comment.

Murr is Coke Stevenson's grandson.

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2023 11:30 PM

This is hard to believe.

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2023 11:37 PM

Apologies for the naughty apostrophe, R1 (and other grammar Nazis,). I'm drunk. Drinking in celebration of Stewie Rhoades getting 18 years in the big house, today. A solid Win for Team DEMOCRACY!

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2023 11:37 PM

Too good to be true. He'll skate on this like he has for all his other crimes.

by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2023 11:40 PM

Articles of impeachment :

Disregard of official duty: 7

Misapplication of public resources: 1

Const'l bribery: 2

Obstruction of justice: 2

False stments in offcl records: 3

Conspiracy, attempted: 1

Misappropriation of public rsrcs: 1

Dereliction of duty: 1

Unfitness for ofc: 1

Abuse of public trust: 1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 26, 2023 2:01 AM

Sounds like his resume is just right for Trump's vice president pick, R6.

by Anonymousreply 7May 26, 2023 2:44 AM

As I've said before, I've "known of" this wonky-eyed pile of excrement since the mid-1980s, when he was elected president of the student body at Baylor U (he was friends with some of my law-school classmates).

I knew he no good back then, but I never imagined he would bloom into such a Tooly McToolbox. He needs to resign...although I'll look forward to hearing about the impeachment proceedings from my home thousands of miles away from Paxton's godforsaken state.

I was checking out the viewer comments about this latest development on the website of one of Houston's major television channels. Some guy posted, and I'm paraphrasing, "Did Paxton drink DayQuil and NyQuil at the same time?"

by Anonymousreply 8May 26, 2023 3:07 AM

As we've been saying here for years: Paxton is a total shitbag:

"Breaking: Texas House committee voted Thursday to recommend that Attorney General Ken Paxton be impeached and removed from office, citing a yearslong pattern of alleged misconduct and lawbreaking..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2023 10:51 AM

Shocking+amazing news! Come on, TX lege: time to win back a few good will points with this.

by Anonymousreply 10May 26, 2023 3:21 PM

Oops.

[quote]So, one impeachment charge against Ken Paxton may involve him getting a job for his mistress?

[quote]Oh, that could be awkward. Because if he is impeached, among the senators who will be voting whether or not to convict him & thereby remove him from office, isn't one of them his wife?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 27, 2023 9:01 PM

Weirder and weirder. Not that I'm complaining, but

[quote]Breaking: Texas Senate has approved House version of Senate Bill 18, which codifies tenure in state law.

Where did this independent streak come from?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 27, 2023 10:10 PM

[quote]“I would like to point out that several members of this House while on the floor of this House, doing the state business, received telephone calls from general Paxton personally, threatening them with political consequences in their next election,” state Rep. Charlie Geren said.

What's the story behind this story? Must we wait for Texas Monthly to write it up?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 27, 2023 10:37 PM

🐻👑

by Anonymousreply 14May 27, 2023 10:39 PM

How it's going: One of the first questions from a Rep challenging the investigative committee chairman: "Did your hear what Trump and Cruz had to say about this?" He went on to ask if he knew Cruz was a Constitutional Lawyer. Yes, it's that bad.

by Anonymousreply 15May 28, 2023 12:15 AM

He's been suspended: 121-23

We'll see if the Texas Senate has the same balls.

by Anonymousreply 16May 28, 2023 5:28 AM

Texas will find some way to fuck it up, surely.

by Anonymousreply 17May 28, 2023 5:55 AM

Shocking, really.

What are the chances the senate does the right thing r16?

by Anonymousreply 18May 28, 2023 10:09 AM

R18 Difficult if not impossible but also doable. The trial in the Senate could be presided over by Paxman’s wife, a State Senator. There are seemingly no ethics or conflict of interest rules in Texas that would prevent her from doing so. Democrats in the Senate would need ten Republicans to convict, which will be tough sledding.

by Anonymousreply 19May 28, 2023 11:18 AM

Thanks r19

by Anonymousreply 20May 28, 2023 11:32 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!