Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

CNN to host Republican town hall with former Vice President Mike Pence June 7

“How did you feel when the president left you to die via an angry mob of protestors?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 29, 2023 9:55 AM

So nice that Mother gave him permission to attend this event.

by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2023 8:18 PM

The softballers at CNN, coached by right wing douchebag Chris Licht, will never allow such a question to be posed.

So this is the game plan now? To host Republican town halls indefinitely and import Republican toadies and lackies to participate in "serious discussions."

Sounds like a very sound, well thought out plan, one which would make Diana Christensen proud.

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2023 8:21 PM

Tha gall of him throwing his hat in the ring. He just doesn't get that all the Deplorables hate him. He's continuing on as if Trump has passed the baton to him and he will have 8 glorious years in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2023 8:22 PM

Drink Ajax, Pence.

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2023 8:24 PM

I’ll be there!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2023 8:25 PM

Des Moines really is a black hole. 🕳️

by Anonymousreply 6May 26, 2023 12:38 AM

yawn. Haven't watched CNN in years.

by Anonymousreply 7May 26, 2023 1:22 AM

We’re verklempt R7

by Anonymousreply 8May 26, 2023 2:00 AM

Uhhh,,,exactly *what* will the audience consist of?

by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2023 2:25 AM

Remember everyone, this is for your own good, lest you stay hidden away in your silos.

by Anonymousreply 10May 26, 2023 2:31 AM

CNN is really chasing those low ratings.

by Anonymousreply 11May 26, 2023 2:41 AM

Hi buddy @ r10! Let's pawn the kids off with a sitter and head on over to Sarah Jessica and Matthew's place for drinky's, edibles and game night! Being a zaddy and serious journalist has me exhausted!

by Anonymousreply 12May 26, 2023 2:43 AM

That fuckup of yours when you tried to sneak an anti gay marriage bill through the Indiana legislature - you gonna be pulling that shit again at the national level?

by Anonymousreply 13May 26, 2023 2:48 AM

Go on, CNN...KEEP DIGGING!

by Anonymousreply 14May 26, 2023 3:09 AM

Trump gave them high ratings, so expect more of these things.

by Anonymousreply 15May 26, 2023 3:15 AM

CNN is bringing in Jo Jo Siwa to pose challenging questions to Pence and moderate the Town Hall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 26, 2023 12:27 PM

I wouldn't want Biden in this forum. But is there an alternative?

by Anonymousreply 17May 26, 2023 12:40 PM

[quote]So this is the game plan now? To host Republican town halls indefinitely and import Republican toadies and lackies to participate in "serious discussions."

Oh, I'm sure they're setting something up with RFK Jr. now.

by Anonymousreply 18May 26, 2023 12:44 PM

[quote] Tha gall of him throwing his hat in the ring. He just doesn't get that all the Deplorables hate him. He's continuing on as if Trump has passed the baton to him and he will have 8 glorious years in the White House.

Republicans typically have to run in at least one previous cycle before they get the nomination. All of the Republicans running except Trump are setting themselves up for 2028 and beyond. Of course, they wouldn’t mind if they got lucky and got the nomination for 2024.

by Anonymousreply 19May 26, 2023 1:15 PM

I'm next! I will definitely get higher ratings than Pence.

by Anonymousreply 20May 27, 2023 1:10 AM

CNN working overtime to rid itself of last few pesky viewers!

"Why aren't they watching something else?"

by Anonymousreply 21May 27, 2023 3:30 AM

I would agree with that r19. But if you look at the rarety of moving from senator to president then only DeSatan would be a contender. And I think Kemp could beat him this year.

If trump ends up back in office and doesn't manage to destroy the country in 4 years then we will have another anti-trump movement in 2028.

ALL the while the prosecution of Trump for what he tried to do in Georgia will continue through his presidency. That on top of all of Trump's other legal problems playing out.

Kemp will be a shoo-in for the republican nod in 2008 running for the first time. A southern govenor that got reelected in a pivotal state that had just seated two democratic senators.

by Anonymousreply 22May 27, 2023 5:02 AM

Kemp? I actually thought Jack Kemp had been dead for years.

I remember we used to get stories about a cabin and Big Repubs doing some wild partying up there in Kemp's cabin.

by Anonymousreply 23May 27, 2023 5:10 AM

[quote]But if you look at the rarety of moving from senator to president then only DeSatan would be a contender. And I think Kemp could beat him this year.

DeSantis was never a US Senator, he served in the House of Representatives. Going from House member to President is quite rare (Gerald Ford comes to mind), but Senate to White House a bit less rare, i.e. Obama, LBJ, JFK, Truman, and others, but before Truman I think you have to go all the way back to Abraham Lincoln to find a member of the Senate who won the presidency..

by Anonymousreply 24May 28, 2023 5:05 AM

CNN sucks Marjorie Taylor Greene's dick.

by Anonymousreply 25May 28, 2023 5:07 AM

Maybe they’re stacking the rethuglican town halls early, and will do democrats when it’s actually closer to an election. People have very short memories, the news cycle gets shorter and shorter.

by Anonymousreply 26May 28, 2023 5:28 AM

The best thing that can happen to this country is the announcement of 24-hour cable news' death.

by Anonymousreply 27May 28, 2023 5:45 AM

🎵…tell your children not to storm the Capitol 🎵

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 29, 2023 8:25 AM

It’s in the crappy part of Des Moines that’s punishment enough

by Anonymousreply 29May 29, 2023 8:25 AM

[quote]CNN is bringing in Jo Jo Siwa to pose challenging questions to Pence and moderate the Town Hall.

Ratings would be through the roof, but this sounds fake. Jo Jo's a tough, smart gal and she could easily shut down Pence.

I would watch that.

by Anonymousreply 30May 29, 2023 8:36 AM

Pence gives me the absolute creeps, with his fake piety and saccharine manner.

He always reminds me of the guys they sent from the funeral home to collect my mother's body. Just as unctuous as can be, down to the "Folks, can we have a moment in prayer for the dear departed and her bereaved family?"

My skin crawls looking at him.

by Anonymousreply 31May 29, 2023 9:02 AM

The best thing that can happen to this country- and the world at large -is a bigass, mother fucking asteroid slams right into us.

by Anonymousreply 32May 29, 2023 9:45 AM

Fuck CNN.

They are the new FOX News.

Maybe not so new. I've always felt that they were responsible for the election of Trump in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 33May 29, 2023 9:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!