Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gloria Reuben

Losing Tina Turner today was painful and I went down a rabbit hole of YouTube videos and it reminded me that Gloria Reuben walked away from ER at the height of its popularity to be a backup singer for Tina. Who would do that??

Gloria Reuben apparently. I love that she said, OK, I’ve been nominated for Emmy’s on the #1 show on tv. Imma take a little break now and go be backup singer for Tina Turner! That took courage and could have been the end of her acting career. But she managed to come back and still get good roles.

She’s not given nearly the sort of work that she deserves these days, but I admire her for following her dreams.

I’d like to see her in more things.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2023 8:04 AM

I thought about Gloria Rueben today , also! It was such a big deal when she left ER to go on tour with Tina T. Her career never really came back from that, did it? …. A few years ago I took a dive and watched ER from start to finish. Since by the the final season there were so few characters left from the beginning - they did something very clever and true to life. Gloria’s HIV positive character Jeannie was passing back through town and had to stop back into the ER where she used to work. No one recognized her and all of the old characters who she asked for had long since left the show.

by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2023 8:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!