Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Los Angeles elementary school Under fire for Pride related videos. Will pull kids out of school for event

This is Studio City adjacent. Predominately white student body with 35% Hispanic . This is BS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 25, 2023 2:54 PM

“ Keep your kids home and innocent,” says a flier posted by the group, Saticoy Elementary Parents. “Videos will be shown to the students including one where it says, ‘some kids have 2 mommies, some have 2 daddies’. This has caused outrage among parents.”

by Anonymousreply 1May 24, 2023 10:17 PM

Saticoy Elementary is hardly "Studio City-adjacent" (six miles away). More like Sun Valley-adjacent.

by Anonymousreply 2May 24, 2023 10:36 PM

My bad ☝🏼. So it’s heavily Hispanic and Armenian ?

by Anonymousreply 3May 24, 2023 10:52 PM

It’s in the heart of NoHo. The post office even says North Hollywood. It is a lot closer to Studio City than Sun Valley, although that was funny. I used to live on Moorpark at Vineland, and what is now called “West Toluca Lake” by those with social aspirations (and the City of Los Angeles). Local quirks are interesting.

by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2023 11:00 PM

Thank God they got their parent's permission slips on file.

by Anonymousreply 5May 24, 2023 11:05 PM

Instagram page for group - saticoy elementary parents

by Anonymousreply 6May 24, 2023 11:22 PM

Teach children about gay parents? WTF? Jesus Christ. Teach them arithmetic.

by Anonymousreply 7May 24, 2023 11:27 PM

I bet the conservative parents make their kids pose with guns like Andy Ogles and Lauren Boebert

by Anonymousreply 8May 24, 2023 11:31 PM

R4: Since when has Saticoy & Coldwater Canyon Blvd (where the school is located) been considered the "Heart of No-Ho"?? (where you lived, yes). Yes, the school is within the North Hollywood zip code, but it isn't in the heart of No-Ho, nor near Studio City. It's on the edge of Panorama City

by Anonymousreply 9May 24, 2023 11:55 PM

Look at a map, R9. Panorama City isn’t listed anywhere near the school. Have you lived there? I used to pass the school every day when I lived in NoHo. The boundaries are artificial regardless, and set by the City. There is no blue, rectangular neighborhood official designation sign for Panorama City anywhere near that school. If you’ve got proof to the contrary, please provide it.

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2023 12:51 AM

R9 Look at a map

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2023 12:53 AM

Panorama City? Mercy. I lived off Vineland and Ventura and our zip was always North Hollywood but everyone would use “Studio City” on their addresses. But anything automated would list the zip as North Hollywood to the chagrin of all lol.

No one within 50 miles of that zip should be offended by Pride. What has the world come to.

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2023 1:55 AM

This is obviously funded by some right-wing anti-gay terrorist organization -- like Mormons. Many of the kids in that school have 2 mommies or 2 daddies.

by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2023 2:21 AM

Listen, Sparky/R10....I don't need a geography lesson from you. I grew up in the Valley, lived in the "heart" of Studio City for twenty years, and taught elementary school in the Valley. I know exactly where Saticoy Elementary School is...and it isn't in the Heart of North Hollywood, so just stop fucking saying that.

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2023 3:16 AM

R10: Please Google the neighborhood boundaries of Panorama City (in Google Maps). Where is Saticoy Elementary in relation??? Forgetting what the school's zip code designation is....would you say that's more North Hollywood or Panorama City?

by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2023 3:30 AM

This is in a predominantly Hispanic area. So not gay-friendly at all.

by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2023 3:30 AM

R14, I don’t care where you’re from doofus, as more than one person has already pointed out, you’re geographically retarded. So just die now.

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2023 5:33 AM

New account troll with no postings prior to trolling on this story. Muriel?

by Anonymousreply 18May 25, 2023 5:36 AM

Charming, R17. I'll just leave this here, since you've been unable to find (or read) a map. Does that look like the HEART of No-Ho to you....MORON?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 25, 2023 6:33 AM

As you can see at the linked map, Saticoy Elementary School in North Hollywood (91605) is closer to Panorama City (upper left) and Sun Valley (upper right) than "the heart" of North Hollywood (lower right). North Hollywood covers a large area and has numerous zip codes (91601 to 91618). This part of North Hollywood is in the North Hollywood West Neighborhood Council.

When I attended Saticoy Elementary in the 1970s, the ethnic make up was predominantly Anglo-white and Jewish. Today, it is largely Armenian and Hispanic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 25, 2023 6:39 AM

Right next to the North Hollywood Swap Meet…

by Anonymousreply 21May 25, 2023 7:21 AM

It's the fucking Armenians.

by Anonymousreply 22May 25, 2023 7:23 AM

[quote] Today, it is largely Armenian

Think of a culture that is mid-way between Russians and Middle Eastern, and you get Armenians. Deeply homophobic, and yet strangely, so many closeted men!

by Anonymousreply 23May 25, 2023 7:26 AM

Eating seeds is a past time activity...the toxicity of our city, of our city.

by Anonymousreply 24May 25, 2023 10:46 AM

Why don't they move to Texas?

by Anonymousreply 25May 25, 2023 12:11 PM

Pull the string!

by Anonymousreply 26May 25, 2023 2:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!