Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Another Living Creature Dead because of Dipshit Americans

Stop touching the wildlife, you bald bastards!

This man saw a herd of bison crossing a river, and noticed a calf struggling. So he jumped in to drag the calf to the bank, thinking he was being an animal hero. But American Bison cows typically reject their calves after they've been handled by humans. Rangers aren't sure why they do this, but they do.

The calf was abandoned by its mother and herd, and rangers had to euthanize it. They are now seeking public assistance in identifying this fool, so they can file charges.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 25, 2023 5:28 PM

A white man in aviator glasses is a dipshit

I’m ever so shocked

by Anonymousreply 1May 24, 2023 1:56 PM

You'll never convince a man who wears that type of sunglasses he isn't the authority on every subject under the sun.

by Anonymousreply 2May 24, 2023 2:00 PM

Why couldn’t they pass the live calf off to an animal rescue group?

by Anonymousreply 3May 24, 2023 2:00 PM

Give the guy a break. He wasn't out there hunting or taunting it. He probably feels like shit and will only be terrorized online by crazy animal lovers. I hope I'm never caught on camera trying to shoo away the fucking geese that invade my home and shit all over the concrete.

by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2023 2:02 PM

R1, those aren’t aviator glasses. The Raybans that Biden always wears are aviators.

by Anonymousreply 5May 24, 2023 2:03 PM

I've seen the same done with horses and ducks, I don't blame him for not knowing it wouldn't work here. And this whole "you shouldn't touch it, its mother will smell it and abandon it" is a myth in most cases, I also did not know the American Bison was an exception until just now.

The outcome is horrible, but I just can't blame him for being compassionate.

by Anonymousreply 6May 24, 2023 2:04 PM

I was taught that as a child, never to touch a wild baby animal because the mother would then reject it.

by Anonymousreply 7May 24, 2023 2:09 PM

He's trying to be a good samaritan but he did break the park's regulations. They'll probably go easy on him.

by Anonymousreply 8May 24, 2023 2:09 PM

OP, take your rage pills. Hurry!

by Anonymousreply 9May 24, 2023 2:16 PM

He thought he was doing the right thing, he shouldn't be treated as if he's a shithead holding up an endangered species he shot on safari.

by Anonymousreply 10May 24, 2023 2:26 PM

It’s not a rescue bison.

by Anonymousreply 11May 24, 2023 2:37 PM

Dollface thread.

by Anonymousreply 12May 24, 2023 2:37 PM

Dollface Thread

by Anonymousreply 13May 24, 2023 2:38 PM

Damn you, R12!

by Anonymousreply 14May 24, 2023 2:38 PM

So everyone’s happier if it drowned? I’m interested in the action the park service took to attempt reuniting it with the herd (the article claims these attempts failed) I’d imagine they didn’t do much; if the herd was large it was likely impossible to actually connect the calf with its mother to see if she would accept it. It sounds a little more like the park service decided to shoot the calf to clear it out of the way. The article does say it was already separated from mother and herd when the guy stepped in.

by Anonymousreply 15May 24, 2023 2:59 PM

His intentions aren't the point. The animal being in the river isn't the point.

There are signs - BIG SIGNS - all over the goddamn park telling people not to touch the animals. This idiot's lucky the only one who died was this innocent calf. Every year or two, some dumbass tries to get too hands-on with a bear or a wolf, and ends up friggin' dead.

Nature is rugged, and indifferent, and doing just fine without the helping hand of idiots like this man.

by Anonymousreply 16May 24, 2023 3:22 PM

R16, I agree with you on signage, but I do understand how a layperson with zero experience in nature would *still* try to save this calf.

by Anonymousreply 17May 24, 2023 3:54 PM

He probably thought he was doing the right thing. I've fucked up so many times thinking I was doing the right thing.

by Anonymousreply 18May 24, 2023 6:41 PM

A delicious dinner opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 19May 24, 2023 7:13 PM

Dead doll face alert.

by Anonymousreply 20May 24, 2023 7:44 PM

[quote] He probably thought he was doing the right thing. I've fucked up so many times thinking I was doing the right thing.

I wish society would shun you like the herd did with the calf.

by Anonymousreply 21May 24, 2023 9:05 PM

Prosecute this guy? Seems like a regrettable mistake, that is all. How would he know any of that?

by Anonymousreply 22May 24, 2023 9:16 PM

R18 me too. I would never go to Yellowstone because I was not built for the outdoors (besides a beach with a drink) but if I did go to yellowstone I would have been that idiot. I hope he gets a ticket but no one doxes him.

by Anonymousreply 23May 24, 2023 9:20 PM

Well, to be honest it was probably better to humanely euthanize the animal than let it drown in the river.

by Anonymousreply 24May 24, 2023 9:23 PM

Shhhh Don’t tell OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 24, 2023 9:57 PM

I'm sure at least dozens of bison calves die in the river every year. There's no outcry. It's no different being on a free range. The weaker bison are weeded out naturally. Survivor of the fittest, Darwin said.

by Anonymousreply 26May 25, 2023 12:40 AM

I'm having a hard time being mad at this guy because his heart, however oblivious, was in the right place. If anything, I'm just facepalming. No need to break out the pitchforks on this one.

by Anonymousreply 27May 25, 2023 3:19 AM

Poor baby bison.

by Anonymousreply 28May 25, 2023 3:22 AM

[quote] There are signs - BIG SIGNS - all over the goddamn park telling people not to touch the animals. This idiot's lucky the only one who died was this innocent calf. Every year or two, some dumbass tries to get too hands-on with a bear or a wolf, and ends up friggin' dead.

Yeah, and none of them are in the service of trying to actually save an animal. If I'd seen those signs but also saw what looked like an animal about to die, I would have figured the signs weren't referring to that particular scenario. Some of you are worse than week old cunt left out of the refrigerator.

by Anonymousreply 29May 25, 2023 3:29 AM

R29 I don’t think that’s where women store those things.

by Anonymousreply 30May 25, 2023 4:16 AM

[quote] Survivor of the fittest, Darwin said.

He did?

by Anonymousreply 31May 25, 2023 5:14 AM

What does the buffalo tell his son in the morning?

Bye, son!

by Anonymousreply 32May 25, 2023 5:15 AM

OP was never fun at parties so hasn't been invited in over3 decades.

by Anonymousreply 33May 25, 2023 8:12 AM

At least he wasn't hunting.

But still, this would've been avoided if humans weren't out there humanizing animals and thinking they're have to interfere with mother nature, too many videos on YouTube of people randomly "helping" animals that appeared around their homes.

by Anonymousreply 34May 25, 2023 11:21 AM

[quote] The Raybans that Biden always wears are aviators.

Hence the point R1 is making.

by Anonymousreply 35May 25, 2023 11:53 AM

Pity there wasn't a seventeen-year-old girl driver nearby.

by Anonymousreply 36May 25, 2023 12:04 PM

R10 Great point - he did a stupid thing, but I would like to think he thought he was helping - unlike trophy hunter douchebags.

by Anonymousreply 37May 25, 2023 12:30 PM

R1 and R2 could be in a Biden thread and would be relevant.

by Anonymousreply 38May 25, 2023 12:42 PM

R15, just curious, where did you earn your Wildlife Conservation degree from? You're so knowledgeable!

by Anonymousreply 39May 25, 2023 1:00 PM

The sad thing is that there are probably plenty of people in that area who are qualified, and would have gladly taken that calf and hand raised it. But as usual in this country all the officials think about is "just kill it".

by Anonymousreply 40May 25, 2023 2:32 PM

I'm not sure a wild calf that is already somewhat abandoned by its herd needs to be saved AND, furthermore, hand nursed because saved by a human. It's cruel and sad for humans to witness but that's just nature.

by Anonymousreply 41May 25, 2023 5:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!