Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sorry, haters! Princess Anne joked about the feather in her hat with Harry before the Coronation Ceremony

After months of speculation about whether or not he’d attend King Charles and Queen Camilla’s coronation on May 6, Prince Harry returned for his father’s big day. His reunion with most of the immediate and extended Royal Family came after the release of his memoir, Spare, in January. This included several shocking allegations, especially regarding his brother Prince William, and the rumors of a royal rift intensified. It had been reported that the Royal Family had “no interest” in talking to Prince Harry at the coronation after all that had happened.

However, now the Mail on Sunday’s Assistant Editor Kate Mansey has opened up about Princess Anne and Prince Harry’s exchange at Westminster Abbey. And according to her, it could be incredibly enlightening…

Writing about the coronation day, Kate remarked upon a conversation between Prince Harry and his aunt the Princess Royal. She suggested that it seemed to be a “good-humored exchange” as she shared what lip-reading experts had said about it.

“While most senior royals ignored the Prince who quit his duties to move abroad, Anne appeared to ask Harry – who remains the fifth in line to the throne – if was okay with his seat three rows back. Would he be able to see beyond her high feathered cap?” she wrote.

Kate continued, “In what looked to be a good-humored exchange, lip-reading experts reportedly revealed he told her: ‘I don’t mind’ before saying ‘Sit at the front!’”.

Describing Princess Anne and Prince Harry’s exchange as a “frank and jovial conversation”, Kate added that if viewers at home were “surprised” by it, it seemed that “some royals in the pews behind” were too. She went on to say that “one of the most endearing qualities” the King’s sister has is “her ability to get on with things” and that she “doesn’t waste energy on grudges”.

Whilst some might have not expected the warmth between the aunt and nephew after the challenging recent months, Kate reflected that Princess Anne “seemed to have a soft spot” for Prince Harry “from the beginning”. This apparently became all the more significant after he lost his mother Princess Diana when he was just six years old.

“The Princess Royal has always had a soft spot for Harry and they both have a wicked sense of humor,” an insider claimed. “People talk about Prince Andrew being the spare but Anne was the second-born, too, and particularly since Diana died has always felt a duty to support her nephew. Both Anne and Harry have a great sense of humor and more in common than it might seem.”

In line with these suggestions about Princess Anne’s “soft spot” for Prince Harry, Kate put forward the idea that she was “one of the few” royals who wasn’t “targeted” in Spare. So it seems Princess Anne and Prince Harry’s exchange at the coronation was not only cheerful but apparently could be an indication of the sweet bond they’ve always had.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2023 2:51 AM

When everyone else spent the afternoon looking at the back of the huge Coronation Chair, Harry missed nothing.

by Anonymousreply 1May 23, 2023 11:27 PM

It really is a pity that Princess Anne didn't succeed to the throne.

by Anonymousreply 2May 23, 2023 11:33 PM

With that feather, the royal family gave Harry the middle finger, quietly.

by Anonymousreply 3May 23, 2023 11:36 PM

R37, did you read the story. Plus, it was a regimental cap.

by Anonymousreply 4May 23, 2023 11:38 PM

[quote] ‘I don’t mind’ before saying ‘Sit at the front!’”.

I wonder what the 'sit at the front' part meant?

And I remember reading that another lip-reader said that he complained to Eugenie's husband (who was sitting next to Harry) that he was treated badly by the BRF (forgot the exact words).

by Anonymousreply 5May 23, 2023 11:43 PM

[quote] I wonder what the 'sit at the front' part meant?

I think he was being cheeky and telling her to sit in the front row.

I'd say something silly like that.

Especially if I hated the people in the front row.

by Anonymousreply 6May 24, 2023 3:50 AM

Another FUCK YOU fact to the anti-Harry Grannies.

Looks like Princess Anne wasn't doing what you accused her of doing.

She loves Harry.

by Anonymousreply 7May 24, 2023 4:08 AM

I think Anne is Kryptonite proof, She weathered a public divorce, a public remarriage and she got to work on a lifelong redemption tour.

Anne has earned a whole bag of fucks to give.

No one questions Anne. As a result she can, legitimately, take all sides as a sister and aunt.

by Anonymousreply 8May 24, 2023 7:45 PM

I love Anne.

Anne loves Harry.

I love Harry.

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2023 1:31 AM

I get it with Harry. He's just a stupid kid - and he can't help being stupid.

Wonder how she feels about Andrew? (though I guess the same might apply - he can't help being stupid either).

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2023 2:05 AM

Meanwhile....

[quote] Mike Tindall complains of 'frustrating' seat at King's Coronation

Mike Tindall has complained that he could not see the King’s Coronation from his “frustrating” seat in Westminster Abbey.

The former England rugby player attended the historic service earlier this month with his wife Zara, the Princess Royal’s daughter.

However, he revealed on his podcast, The Good, The Bad and The Rugby, that he could not see the whole ceremony, despite being seated in the fourth row.

“You’re in the hottest spot, but it’s happening all around the corner where you can’t see,” he told his co-host, James Haskell.

“You do have a front-row seat... it was unbelievable being sat there, but frustrating.”

Mr Tindall was sat next to his wife and her brother, Peter Phillips, during the two-hour service.

They were located in the row behind Prince Harry, Princess Eugenie, Jack Brooksbank, Princess Beatrice, the Duke of York and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi.

The first row in the Abbey was reserved for the Prince and Princess of Wales, Prince Louis and Princess Charlotte, as well as the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh.

The Princess Royal and her husband, Sir Timothy Laurence, were in the second row, alongside the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester.

Despite the Royal family having the best seats in the Abbey, Mr Tindall said the majority of the ceremony took place out of their eye-line.

Organisers had placed flat-screen televisions around the Abbey for the 2,300 guests to be able to watch the moment of crowning.

Mr Tindall also revealed that he was not sure how to behave in the Royal box at the Coronation Concert the following evening.

“You can’t not hear Lionel Richie sing All Night Long and get up and dance,” he said.

“The worst thing was I was like, ‘yeah get up and dance to this - but is the King going to stand up?’”

Fortunately, the King did start dancing, after which the rest of the royal box joined in.

The Queen, the Prince and Princess of Wales, Princess Charlotte and Prince George all stood up and started waving Union flags and singing along to the song.

Mr Tindall quipped: “I did think at one point, ‘I really want to dance right now’, and if I get up, get into a s–t drop, rip my trousers?”

He also mentioned Kermit the Frog’s cameo appearance in the royal box, saying: “We knew Kermit was coming at some point, could I dance with Kermit the Frog?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2023 2:18 AM

None too accurate: "...Princess Anne “seemed to have a soft spot” for Prince Harry “from the beginning”. This apparently became all the more significant after he lost his mother Princess Diana when he was just six years old."

He was born in 1984. He was not six years old when his mother died. That's pretty effin' basic.

Makes you wonder about the veracity (and sourcing?) of the rest of the piece

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2023 2:33 AM

Tindall comes off as a big old crybaby.

EVERYONE WAS STUCK LOOKING AT THE BIG BROAD BACK OF THE CORONATION CHAIR.

NOBODY HAD A GOOD VIEW EXCEPT THE PEOPLE IN FRONT ON THE SIDES OF THE CHAIR.

Boo hoo Mr macho rugby player.

by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2023 2:40 AM

I have to think that the whole bloody costume party looked as ridiculous to many members of the BRF as it did to many of us.

Familiarity breeds contempt and Harry and Anne have been immersed in this boring Pomp & Nonsense their whole lives - a red feather blocking your view would be a welcome humorous distraction

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2023 2:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!