Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is green tea actually good for you?

It's the only herbal tea I like. Do you drink it?

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2023 4:57 PM

Causes cancer.

by Anonymousreply 1May 23, 2023 6:21 PM

Green tea isn’t herbal tea, it’s actual tea. It is supposed to be good for you.

by Anonymousreply 2May 23, 2023 6:25 PM

I drink it occasionally and yes, it's actually good for you. It contains polyphenol antioxidants, of which a catechin called EGCG is particularly beneficial.

I'm more of a yerba mate tea fan, personally, although I drink lots of nettle tea as well.

by Anonymousreply 3May 23, 2023 6:25 PM

[quote]although I drink lots of nettle tea

^hawt

by Anonymousreply 4May 23, 2023 7:32 PM

Not according to 19th century horror writer J. Sheridan Le Fanu, who wrote a short story about it.

𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐓𝐞𝐚:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2023 4:45 PM

It has a lot of theophylline for those of us with asthma, and can be grown easily. It gives me a headache for some reason, so I stick with black tea

by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2023 4:49 PM

Green tea isn’t herbal tea.

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2023 4:49 PM

Team chrysanthemum

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2023 4:50 PM

R7 is correct. Camellia sinensis is the plant species name for the type of tea being discussed. It is processed with varying levels of oxidation with black tea being the most oxidized and green being the least. I hate the flavor and aroma of the partially oxidized versions such as oolong. The best tea comes from the subspecies assamica, it’s super strong

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2023 4:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!