Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Natalie Portman says Women at Cannes are expected to behave differently than men

Does this woman do anything except whine?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44May 25, 2023 1:34 PM

Remember when she was talented? Nope me neither.

by Anonymousreply 1May 23, 2023 4:05 PM

No one asks them to dress like whores, and yet there they are, front and centre. Dressed like whores and yacht girls, promoting their shitty little supporting roles in shitty films.

by Anonymousreply 2May 23, 2023 4:09 PM

R2, I'm not seeing that they're dressed like whores? Where are you getting that from? I scrolled through the pics and, although I don't care for their getup, it doesn't look exactly whore-ish to me.

by Anonymousreply 3May 23, 2023 4:22 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 23, 2023 4:27 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 23, 2023 4:28 PM

This woman gets to go to a once-a-year exclusive event, where she gets to stand for a few minutes getting pictures taken, wearing a couture dress that costs more than most people's home, partying with other rich elites, on an all-expenses paid trip and she's fucking whining about it.

by Anonymousreply 6May 23, 2023 4:28 PM

Need any more evidence R3?

by Anonymousreply 7May 23, 2023 4:29 PM

And she owns a soccer team, and we're all supposed to care!!!

by Anonymousreply 8May 23, 2023 4:31 PM

So, it's basically a movie version of Law and Order where they've ripped from the headlines that story about Mary Kay Letourneau, the teacher who ended up marrying her abuse victim after getting out of jail?

by Anonymousreply 9May 23, 2023 4:31 PM

Ohhhhh, now I see....

by Anonymousreply 10May 23, 2023 4:34 PM

The whole movie sounds creepy af. No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 11May 23, 2023 4:35 PM

It's Todd Haynes. Creepy and stupid as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 12May 23, 2023 4:45 PM

She's given this speech a million times before. We get it you have daddy issues and thus hate men.

by Anonymousreply 13May 23, 2023 5:12 PM

No Natalie dear, it's just you whom we want to act differently; we want you to stop whining and acting like the no-talent cunt that is you. Oh, by the way, how's it going, spending all the money your mommy left you after she blew her brains out?

by Anonymousreply 14May 23, 2023 6:28 PM

First Eva Longoria bashing the white man and now misandrist Natalie. Always the talentless and less in demand bitches whining the most.

by Anonymousreply 15May 23, 2023 6:30 PM

[quote]This woman gets to go to a once-a-year exclusive event, where she gets to stand for a few minutes getting pictures taken, wearing a couture dress that costs more than most people's home, partying with other rich elites, on an all-expenses paid trip and she's fucking whining about it.

Seriously. I'd be giving my dick to anyone who wanted it if I were in that situation.

by Anonymousreply 16May 23, 2023 6:33 PM

How strange people get after realizing that within their grandmother's lifetimes inequity, inequality and enforced bias were the norm for this and other "first world" countries.

Especially when, as with Portman, she owes her success and platform to being a woman.

by Anonymousreply 17May 23, 2023 6:35 PM

She's probably right

by Anonymousreply 18May 23, 2023 6:41 PM

Damn, I've never followed Shayk closely, but JFC has she hit the wall! Or more like the wall hit HER.

With a face like that, it's no wonder she has to show her whole ENTIRE ass on the red carpet.

She's the one who had a child by that guy from Alias, right?

by Anonymousreply 19May 23, 2023 6:43 PM

Stfu Natalie , nobody cares. You women are just actresses. Nobody cares how you behave, except tabloid that is

by Anonymousreply 20May 23, 2023 6:46 PM

I think because she's American she's not familiar with the formality and customs in place at formal French events. It's true the roles for men and women are quite defined.

by Anonymousreply 21May 23, 2023 6:51 PM

Natalie, actresses and " models" on the red carpet don't dress up for men, they dress up for other women. " See how much hotter or fashionable I am compared to the cows?" No straight man is going to be on E or some other network to comment on the women's fashion at Cannes or anywhere else; it's the catty women and gay men who comprise the panels. So, take your ire out on those with vaginas.

by Anonymousreply 22May 24, 2023 11:38 AM

[Quote] Damn, I've never followed Shayk closely, but JFC has she hit the wall! Or more like the wall hit HER.

I never thought Irina was pretty. I don't get the hype for her.

[Quote] So, it's basically a movie version of Law and Order where they've ripped from the headlines that story about Mary Kay Letourneau, the teacher who ended up marrying her abuse victim after getting out of jail?

Hmm certain people are going to rip this movie to shreds. They'll find it too triggering. Although this isn't a bad upgrade from Riverdale for Charles.

by Anonymousreply 23May 24, 2023 12:34 PM

Please Natalie. Nobody expects these loose moral women to act any better. You actresses are all high paid prostitutes. You're just an actress hon, get over it, be your skanky selves, nobody cares

by Anonymousreply 24May 24, 2023 7:51 PM

I have no idea what she's talking about.

by Anonymousreply 25May 24, 2023 8:43 PM

OP sounds like the one who is whining.

Do you ever do anything but bitch about actresses?

The DL Log Cabinettes hate her because she's a Democrat. They prefer homophobic right-wing twats like Candace Owens

by Anonymousreply 26May 24, 2023 8:50 PM

Did Canes became too commercial this year or has this been happening for quite some time now? I see HBO TV (!) shows having a premiere at the Canes FILM (!) festival, pop stars, celebrity spawn, starlets etc walking the red carpet, tabloid websites having articles about Canes festival daily.. Has this became the "new" Coachella?

by Anonymousreply 27May 24, 2023 9:07 PM

No, it's become the Met Gala.

by Anonymousreply 28May 24, 2023 10:19 PM

Isn't she a Harvard graduate? She doesn't seem very smart.

by Anonymousreply 29May 24, 2023 11:36 PM

R29, she was a Harvard Grad before the College Cheating Scandal. That is back in the day when you could buy a Harvard degree without actually attending class

by Anonymousreply 30May 24, 2023 11:37 PM

I understand why a lot of famous, successful men outside of Hollywood don't date actresses.

by Anonymousreply 31May 24, 2023 11:39 PM

She hates men and I know part of it was because Gael Garcia Bernal , the mexican actor, dumped her for an argentinean actress. That girl was so crazy and stalkerish she flew all the way to Argentina to try and get him back and he blew her off completely.

by Anonymousreply 32May 24, 2023 11:43 PM

Beautiful and smart

by Anonymousreply 33May 24, 2023 11:45 PM

Smart, talented, she was beautiful for sure but man does she have a bug up her ass.

by Anonymousreply 34May 24, 2023 11:47 PM

I'd rather she spent her time whining than trying to inflict her "acting" on the world.

by Anonymousreply 35May 25, 2023 12:28 AM

I might go crazy if Gael Garcia Bernal dumped me as well, though.

by Anonymousreply 36May 25, 2023 12:42 AM

This is such a generic statement, it could be applied to any awards/screening event.

I love French cinema. I love its pace, its atmosphere, I love that a film may or may not make its point just watching the acteurs do their thing is enough. I most like the lack of ageism in the French film industry. Yes, they'll always have their flavor of the month and youth & beauty are always a part of any film industry, but they revere their older actrices and treat them with great respect.. Catherine Deneuve opened Cannes this year.

Lastly, I love that the acteurs and actrices are not type-cast in their careers nor are they pigeon-holed in roles. They're allowed to play varied characters and can star in a comedy, a drama, whatever they choose while enjoying the freedom of exploring their craft with no constraints.

So she can complain about walking a red carpet in France but their careers are much more fulfilling than any Hollywood superstar's.

by Anonymousreply 37May 25, 2023 1:04 AM

Whine, bitch, complain. SICK OF HEARING ABOUT THEIR "PROBLEMS"

by Anonymousreply 38May 25, 2023 1:51 AM

JAP.

by Anonymousreply 39May 25, 2023 3:03 AM

She lied about doing the ballet in Black Swan. Next!

by Anonymousreply 40May 25, 2023 3:11 AM

R14, are you confusing Natalie with Ashley Judd? Or am I missing something?

by Anonymousreply 41May 25, 2023 5:38 AM

[quote]r12 It's Todd Haynes. Creepy and stupid as fuck.

Are you the poster dumping on “Jeanne Dielman” (1975) in that other thread?

by Anonymousreply 42May 25, 2023 6:04 AM

R6 exactly. She could join the Harkles. Same mindset.

by Anonymousreply 43May 25, 2023 7:12 AM

R42 Nope, never saw the thread. I can't say I enjoyed Jeanne Dielman but I admire it.

by Anonymousreply 44May 25, 2023 1:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!