Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Alexander Socrates Onassis - what a handsome guy !

I was always curious as to what happened to Alexander Onassis, son of Aristotle and step-son of Jackie Kennedy Onasssis. I was only 9 when he died, and never knew the details. I did some research now - he was pilot who flew his own private plane, which crashed on January 22, 1973. He died from his injuries a day later at the age of 24. I can't get over what a sexy, handsome guy he was back then. So sad that he died so young - he could've been a major player throughout his life with his looks and money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 28, 2023 5:14 PM

Another great photo of him. Such a sexy guy !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 23, 2023 3:43 PM

He looks every other swarthy guy in the world. It's the money that makes him attractive to you.

by Anonymousreply 2May 23, 2023 3:43 PM

He does look handsome. Although I generally like his type once those men ripen a bit into middle age.

by Anonymousreply 3May 23, 2023 4:04 PM

He was romantically involved with a much older woman, much to the consternation of his father.

by Anonymousreply 4May 23, 2023 4:07 PM

[quote]He was romantically involved with a much older woman, much to the consternation of his father.

Sad that Judith Lowry never accepted his proposals.

by Anonymousreply 5May 23, 2023 4:09 PM

OP, who was his mother, because he did not look like his father.

by Anonymousreply 6May 23, 2023 4:12 PM

R2 You're out of your mind. Swarthy ?

He's definitely my type of guy - very attractive.

R4 Yes, he was in love with a woman who was 16 years older than he was (which caused a riff in his relationship with his dad). He was born in 1948, she was born in 1932.

R6 His mother was Athina Mary "Tina" Onassis Niarchos. She died in October, 1974 at the age of 45. So sad. His father died about six months after his mother.

by Anonymousreply 7May 23, 2023 4:15 PM

R6, Tina Onassis, his mother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 23, 2023 4:16 PM

Here is his obit from the NY Times back then. What a family he came from - someone should have done a night-time soap based on them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 23, 2023 4:19 PM

He looked quite like his father, who wasn't always old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 23, 2023 4:20 PM

His girlfriend whom he was in a serious relationship with was Fiona Campbell. She will be 91 in June (he would be 75 today). She did marry, and now she's Fiona Campbell Walters. He was a friend of his mothers, at the time - that's how he was introduced to her when he was younger. She started her affair with him in 1968, after she got divorced. At the time of his death, the affair was allegedly 'in trouble' due to Jackie Kennedy's distaste for the woman, which was passed on to her husband Aristotle. (Father and son had a strained relationship over this affair the son was having.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 23, 2023 4:26 PM

Fiona was quite beautiful back then. I wonder if Jackie was envious of her beauty and modeling career - and that's why they didn't get along ?

by Anonymousreply 12May 23, 2023 4:28 PM

R10, Ari was known to indulge in gay sex when necessary. His father was imprisoned when Ari was a young man and he maintained a sexual relationship with a prison guard in exchange for his father receiving special treatment in jail.

by Anonymousreply 13May 23, 2023 4:31 PM

Netflix or Hulu should do a miniseries on the Ari Onassis-Stavros Niarchos feud.

Stavros Niarchos never got over the fact that Onassis married the "most famous women in the world" so he married Tina, his ex-wife after they divorced. He was married to her sister Eugenia who died under mysterious circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 14May 23, 2023 4:33 PM

He got his konk fixed because he didn't want to look just like Papa.

by Anonymousreply 15May 23, 2023 4:36 PM

I realize it's just the power of suggestion from their connection to Jackie and both dying as a result of accidents while piloting planes, but Alexander looks a lot like JFK Jr. to me, especially in the r1 pic.

by Anonymousreply 16May 23, 2023 4:39 PM

Alexander looks like that French actor, Jean-Paul Belmondo, especially in the pic at OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 23, 2023 6:50 PM

Oh, Jackie was definitely envious. Campbell was a baroness, her parents were aristocrats, and she was a beautiful model. Those photos at r11 are stupendous. I’d say ol’ Ari was intrigued.

by Anonymousreply 18May 23, 2023 7:26 PM

What a saga this family lived ! I would love to have been a fly on the wall for a few months back then to witness what was going on between all of them.

Alexander and his sister Christina did not like Jackie as their stepmother, though each of them did like Caroline and JFK Jr. and the four of them got along very well whenever they were together. Ari's two kids were hoping he would reconcile with their mother instead of marrying Jackie K.

It was said JFK Jr and Alex were quite 'chummy' back then, even though there was a 12 year age difference between the two stepbrothers. (I wonder if JFK Jr got his interest in piloting planes from Alex ?)

So who would play the main characters if this story was filmed today for NETFLIX or HULU ?????

by Anonymousreply 19May 23, 2023 7:57 PM

Henry Cavill and David Corenswet look like brothers with a 12 year age difference - that's if it's Netflix or Hulu.

If they were actually doing a real film, they should probably get better actors.

by Anonymousreply 20May 23, 2023 8:00 PM

I've read far too many books re the Kennedy/Onassis/Bouvier saga.

This one! Is a good read. Goes where others have not gone. Read it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 23, 2023 8:13 PM

Thanks R21 Just ordered it from my library. Looking forward to a good 'summer read'.

by Anonymousreply 22May 23, 2023 8:39 PM

He would have looked like shit within 10 years. I live in Greece and I’ve seen tons of beautiful young guys in their teens and mid 20’s look like crap at 30. Greek men are mostly short and they pack on the weight before middle age.

by Anonymousreply 23May 24, 2023 5:46 AM

Years ago I read a biography on Christina Onassis. Alexander was adored by his father and Christina. He was just adored. When he got killed flying that plane, it made AO absolutely hate Jackie and effectively brought an end to the marriage, although there were already problems. He felt like Jackie brought the Kennedy curse upon his family. AO, was very good to John jr. and Caroline while he and Jackie were married. His sons death was the beginning of his downward spiral, along with health problems he was beginning to have. Christina and Alexander's mother was Tina Niarchos. She married Stavros Niarchos, who was AO direct competitor and sometimes enemy. AO, treated her horribly while they were married. She had major drug problems, too.

by Anonymousreply 24May 24, 2023 10:04 AM

Here's an update on Ahina Onassis, now 38 years old (she has lived longer than her mother and her uncle). Seems like the inheritance she acquired from her grandfather ($2.3 B) is not worth that much today ($500 M). Her former husband Doda, 50, whom she was married to from 2005 -17 (he was a serial cheater) was handsome in his day and has aged well. He (like Athina) are professional 'jumpers'.

Boy does this family and their history need a mini series on Netflix !

by Anonymousreply 25May 24, 2023 3:12 PM

[quote]He felt like Jackie brought the Kennedy curse upon his family.

The Onassis family seemed to have their own curse.

by Anonymousreply 26May 24, 2023 4:26 PM

I wonder of Ari was jealous of Alexander's affair with Fiona - maybe he wanted Fiona as his mistress ? Or maybe the two of them 'shared her' but she never told either one of them ?

So many mysteries to this family.

by Anonymousreply 27May 24, 2023 4:43 PM

Read it long ago, r21! For others: It posits that AO was behind the assassination of RFK.

by Anonymousreply 28May 24, 2023 5:01 PM

[quote](I wonder if JFK Jr got his interest in piloting planes from Alex ?)

From Wikipedia:

"Despite never liking their stepmother, Alexander and his sister were friendly with her children, Caroline and John, and Alexander would occasionally let his stepbrother ride at the controls of his plane."

So apparently JFK Jr. learned all about crashing planes from his stepbro Alex!

by Anonymousreply 29May 24, 2023 5:50 PM

He had a hairy ass, but he couldn't live forever.

by Anonymousreply 30May 24, 2023 8:57 PM

R11 - the poses! The entire repertoire!

by Anonymousreply 31May 24, 2023 9:11 PM

"He was a friend of his mothers, at the time - that's how he was introduced to her when he was younger."

come again?

by Anonymousreply 32May 24, 2023 9:13 PM

I must recognize that plastic surgery did make his looks improve enormously, because he looked quite a bit like his hideous father before the rhinoplasty and getting his teeth done (sorry, but that parrot beak of a nose was UGLY).

Sadly, unlike his sister Christina, he was a Dodi Al-Fayed prototype who was more concerned with making vulgar displays of wealth and enhancing his party experiences with unusual substances, than doing anything really productive (his so-called job as the president of Olympic Aviation was purely ceremonial, if not ornamental). Much to his horrible parents' chagrin, he had a thing for old whores who were way past their best-before date and fell prey to both the cash-strapped Odile Rodin and the shameless arriviste Fiona von Thyssen, only to die playing pilot dress up out of sheer arrogance.

He was his mother's pride and his father's reluctant successor by primogeniture, but his horrendously ugly cunt of a sister was much more intelligent and a better businesswoman, while he was just a spoilt rich wanker who would have sunk the business that his father built through contraband and sucking up to the Saudi degenerates.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 24, 2023 9:45 PM

He looked like a Greek Andy Samberg.

by Anonymousreply 34May 24, 2023 11:32 PM

Also resembled a younger Jerry Lewis in R33’s photo.

by Anonymousreply 35May 25, 2023 12:20 AM

There is something about Greek men that slays me. I can't get enough!

by Anonymousreply 36May 25, 2023 12:42 AM

r23, bingo. I'm Greek-American and looked very similar to OP's pic when I was at that age, which was LONG ago. I was not my own 'type' in as much as I never wanted to fuck my brothers or cousins and never thought I was handsome, but guys were all over me until I approached age 40. Still have all of my wavy hair (now turning from black and silver to white), but am just another fat, short old Greekish man with a big nose and giant eyebrows. Fortunately, my partner, some vast 4 years older, still thinks of me as his little Greek boy.

by Anonymousreply 37May 25, 2023 2:11 AM

He's back as a Jewish Kennedy : Alexander Schlossberg

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 28, 2023 5:00 PM

Actually, I thought so , too, R16.

by Anonymousreply 39May 28, 2023 5:09 PM

He would have grown into his father's looks had he lived past 24.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 28, 2023 5:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!