Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gayle King's New Show Reportedly Wants Meghan Markle as Its First Guest

While once upon a time Meghan Markle was rumored to be considering hosting her own talk show, these days it's seeming more likely that she will simply be a guest on one.

Let's rewind: Legendary TV personality Gayle King—who is friends with Prince Harry and Meghan—is preparing to premiere her new CNN show, somewhat ironically titled King Charles. This title comes from King's own last name, and her co-host Charles Barkley's first name.

In order to draw in viewers, King and Barkley are reportedly trying to secure the Duchess of Sussex as their first guest, although whether or not this will actually happen remains to be seen.

"Meghan is right at the top of their wanted list and Gayle and the show’s executives believe the duchess would guarantee an enormous launch audience," a production source said (via Express).

According to the source, King also wants to be the first to interview Meghan with her new "more serious image."

While the duchess has appeared on The Ellen Show in the past, in recent months she has seemed to focus her efforts on her various philanthropic projects, letting her husband Harry take the spotlight instead.

Meghan last did a round of press amid the release of her Spotify podcast series Archetypes in 2022, notably giving interviews to The Cut and Variety.

Of course, no interview made as many waves as the Sussexes' sit-down chat with Oprah Winfrey in March 2021, in which Meghan opened up about how difficult her time in the Royal Family proved to be, and why she and Harry decided to move away from it all.

If she decides to appear on King Charles, it will certainly be interesting to see which topics Meghan chooses to bring to the table.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51August 26, 2023 2:38 PM

This is an article and outlet for Meghan's PR reps. Also, I love the little teaser:

[quote] If she decides to appear on King Charles, it will certainly be interesting to see which topics Meghan chooses to bring to the table.

Meghan's "voice" is so distinct that you can always tell when has her prints on it.

by Anonymousreply 1May 23, 2023 1:51 AM

Meghan is in demand!

by Anonymousreply 2May 23, 2023 1:52 AM

Gayle has been kissing up to them for a while. Embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 3May 23, 2023 1:56 AM

How dare that bitch, Gayle King, interrupt their much desired privacy with such demands!!!!

How can anyone buy into the Harkles bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 4May 23, 2023 2:15 AM

It's her show. She can have whoever she wants. MYOB. It's not the end of the world and no one is forced to watch it.

by Anonymousreply 5May 23, 2023 2:33 AM

Just go away already. What more is there to know? Your bowel movement schedule?

by Anonymousreply 6May 23, 2023 2:34 AM

Was squatting on the street and saying that she had healing powers on Ellen part of her new serious image?

by Anonymousreply 7May 23, 2023 2:37 AM

I think Gayle is trying to find out the dirt on what happened with the "Paparazzi Chase."

She wants to be first to give us "Breaking News," but I doubt there's very much to tell.

It would be fun, though, if Gayle called her out on lying about what happened that night.

by Anonymousreply 8May 23, 2023 2:39 AM

So she will go on the Gayle King show and talk about all the serious work that she doesn't do? Riveting.

by Anonymousreply 9May 23, 2023 2:39 AM

What would be entertaining would be if someone like King got her onto the show with the promise of a puff piece, got her nice and comfortable with some innocuous chit chat and then very calmly and politely took her through some of the highlights of her bullshit over the past six years.

It would be fun to see if she did the narcissistic thing of doubling down and denying all or cracked and just stormed off the set.

by Anonymousreply 10May 23, 2023 2:47 AM

Gayle might very well do that, R10.

Maybe she's sick of Meghan's shit too, and Oprah told Gayle to drop the hammer on her.

by Anonymousreply 11May 23, 2023 2:48 AM

"legendary TV personality Gayle King..." giggle

by Anonymousreply 12May 23, 2023 2:49 AM

R10 that would be nice, but Gayle would never.

She wants to lob some fresh new racist grenades.

by Anonymousreply 13May 23, 2023 2:50 AM

Gayle would never do that unless she wants the Harkle fangurls to boycott her.

by Anonymousreply 14May 23, 2023 3:04 AM

Wait for three hundred negative Gayle articles by the UK tabs. A disheartened Katherine who is being picked on articles because Gayle didn't pick her and its Meghans fault. An infestation of bot and Klan Grannies trolling her SM squealing in racist. With the generic racist comment. I'm not racist I just don't like her after the Oprah interview. I didn't even know she is black. Then a feature in Dlisted with 1000 comments by the trolls. Gayle is very brave.

by Anonymousreply 15May 23, 2023 3:11 AM

Oooo, I hope she mentions how she forced the advertiser to change that laundry detergent commercial, I never get tired of hearing that story.

by Anonymousreply 16May 23, 2023 3:47 AM

The Markles are toxic. Yes, they are immediate headline and ratings-grabbers, but they're troublemakers. They lie, they always play the victim, they cause sensationalism. They are poison and should be avoided. Gayle King should find another way to promote and build her show. Stop going after the slimiest and lowest common denominators. Don't give them a platform to lie and grift.

Gayle King is an idiot for defending them. She knows Harry and Markle are liars.

by Anonymousreply 17May 23, 2023 4:41 AM

Cunts. All three of them.

by Anonymousreply 18May 23, 2023 7:49 AM

[quote]It's her show. She can have whoever she wants. MYOB. It's not the end of the world and no one is forced to watch it.

You can tell the stans are getting tired.

by Anonymousreply 19May 23, 2023 7:52 AM

She has a weekly radio show now on SiriusXM. While driving back from visiting my mom, I listened to her mentioning to her listeners that she’s determined to find an apt with substantial outdoor space. Also has to have four bedrooms. In Manhattan.

So relatable!

by Anonymousreply 20May 23, 2023 9:26 AM

How does Gayle think she’ll ever be able to get the biggest celebrity in the world?

by Anonymousreply 21May 23, 2023 11:20 AM

I think I've underestimated both King and Markle. They're now starting to use their unlikable personalities as a weapon and ratings draw.

If Markle appears as a first guest on "King Charles", I'll tune in, so, it's working with me.

Besides, I've always like Charles Barkley.

I dislike Gayle King; always have. I give her, however, grudging respect.

During the immediate, public social media grief-signaling aftermath of Kobe Bryant's death, she was among the few, at least that I know of, who dared to broach the topic of his questionable behavior regarding the criminal sexual assault charge that was dropped because the then alleged survivor accepted a settlement.

That took balls and she took a hit for it.

Whether that's made her gun shy or emboldend her, I don't know, but that question is another reason to watch if Markle does appear on "King Charles".

I think Markle won't appear unless she's given prior approval of the topics she'll discuss.

by Anonymousreply 22May 23, 2023 11:49 AM

Well no one wants to listen to Markle gabble about all the world-shaking causes she’s involved with but WME is trying to move her past her grievance tour.

by Anonymousreply 23May 23, 2023 11:58 AM

Gayle rubs her poon tang on Okrah’s!!!!!!! And Okrah sets her up and makes a trillionaire for it. Yay!

by Anonymousreply 24May 23, 2023 12:39 PM

How admirable. 🙄🥱

by Anonymousreply 25May 23, 2023 1:37 PM

[Quote]How does Gayle think she’ll ever be able to get the biggest celebrity in the world?

Gurl, please! I've already [italic]had[/italic] the biggest celebrity in the world.

by Anonymousreply 26May 23, 2023 1:54 PM

King Charles has to be the DUMBEST name for a talk show.

by Anonymousreply 27May 23, 2023 2:18 PM

Can the show even afford whatever lavish accommodations Madame demands, along with the large security detail she'll require to ensure her SAFETY.

by Anonymousreply 28May 23, 2023 2:33 PM

[quote] You can tell the stans are getting tired.

And you can tell the William the Terrible and Waity Katie stans never get tired.

It's just non stop bile out of their filthy pie holes.

by Anonymousreply 29May 23, 2023 2:56 PM

This is where you're mistaken, R29. Very few people here are William or Kate fans. We don't give a fuck about any of them. It's just that Meghan and Harry are so awful and unlikeable. He was an idiot but somewhat charming pre-Meghan. Now he's as bad as she is.

by Anonymousreply 30May 23, 2023 8:28 PM

The show should be called "King / Charles." That's with a forward slash between the two names. And they would still get the play on words across.

To simply call it "King Charles" is friggin stupid.

by Anonymousreply 31May 23, 2023 9:21 PM

Markle as a guest? More fucking word salad, bullshit and lies.

by Anonymousreply 32May 23, 2023 9:22 PM

Oh, will Markle tell her original lie again and again when she contacted Proctor & Gamble about dishwashing liquid and changed the world?

by Anonymousreply 33May 23, 2023 9:23 PM

Didn’t Meghan and Harry want their privacy?

by Anonymousreply 34May 23, 2023 9:24 PM

[quote] Meghan is in demand!

And quite demanding, so they say. So this may work out well for her.

by Anonymousreply 35May 23, 2023 9:28 PM

Nice, I just ❤️ Gayle King!

by Anonymousreply 36May 23, 2023 9:46 PM

Not to change the subject, but what a horrible name for a show.

by Anonymousreply 37May 23, 2023 9:56 PM

Oprah's minge muncher is doing quite well for herself.

by Anonymousreply 38May 23, 2023 10:22 PM

Everyone loves me!

Adore me, peasants!

by Anonymousreply 39May 23, 2023 11:14 PM

I can't wait for the interview.

I hope that Meghan will be compensated well.

by Anonymousreply 40May 24, 2023 3:49 AM

[quote] The show should be called "King / Charles." That's with a forward slash between the two names. And they would still get the play on words across.

That's a great idea.

Please write to CNN and tell them to change the title before the show airs.

Otherwise, they'll be stuck with the stupid name King Charles forever.

by Anonymousreply 41May 24, 2023 3:58 AM

Another godawful DL thread about the BRF. WHY?

Bring back Primetime.

by Anonymousreply 42May 24, 2023 4:03 AM

When does Gayle's new show start?

by Anonymousreply 43May 24, 2023 4:57 PM

with exclusive live footage of the harrowing faux car chase

by Anonymousreply 44May 24, 2023 6:03 PM

Let's all pity R42 who was forced, FORCED to view this thread!

by Anonymousreply 45May 24, 2023 6:24 PM

R43. Autumn

by Anonymousreply 46May 24, 2023 6:29 PM

Why does Gayle’s new show start?

by Anonymousreply 47May 24, 2023 7:13 PM

[Quote] Oprah's minge muncher is doing quite well for herself.

You can eat my minge

by Anonymousreply 48May 24, 2023 9:06 PM

Remember when Gayle was just a guest?

by Anonymousreply 49May 24, 2023 9:08 PM

Seethe, Grannies!

SEEEEETHE!!!!

by Anonymousreply 50May 25, 2023 1:29 AM

Meghan is sort of a "hot property" right now, so this might be a good move for Gayle.

by Anonymousreply 51August 26, 2023 2:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!