Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Philip Schofield

At least some of you will know who that is, right? Without wanting to blurt out anything that might get the thread deleted, there's a lot of feverish speculation on Twitter that a big story is about to break (when a superinjunction gets lifted?) and we find out some more about Philip's young friends, at least one of whom got a job as showrunner on all his shows. Someone is excitedly posting about the 'crisis of the decade' which seems a little OTT but ok.

Rumour also has it that he has been paying huge sums to a crisis management firm.

Sad because he and Gordon the Gopher were my first memories of children's TV. Somewhere along the line he became the thinking Tory housewife's pinup.

by Anonymousreply 12May 27, 2023 6:56 AM

his name has been trending on twitter solidly for 3 days.

by Anonymousreply 1May 23, 2023 12:24 AM

Is he the Brit TV morning host who just got booted because his straight blond big-titted younger co-host got sick of him and wanted another co-host? The same guy who just came out as gay a couple of years ago?

by Anonymousreply 2May 23, 2023 12:27 AM

That is more or less it R2, I don't watch his show or really follow it but there was all sorts of dark hintings in the press about real problems behind the scenes between the two presenters, seemingly presented as a personality clash, then it was announced that Schofield was leaving. I don't think there has been anything else official since but the internet has gone into overdrive and seems to be digging up some quite nasty stuff now, whether it's true or not i don't know. And who knows why Holly Willoughby was really angry?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 23, 2023 12:32 AM

Poor Phil, he was kind of awkwardly cute back in his Broom Cupboard days

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 23, 2023 12:34 AM

Phillip has long been a nasty piece of work. He likes them young - it remains to be seen how young - but that's not even my point. He's always been snide, bitchy and fake, and it only got worse after he came out. The amount of attention that's been given to this story by the DM and others is ridiculous but I'm still glad he's gone.

OP, there was another thread about Phillip over the weekend, you might find the discussion there of interest.

by Anonymousreply 5May 23, 2023 12:41 AM

Meh. He was no Paul Schofield, thatā€™s for sure.

by Anonymousreply 6May 23, 2023 12:42 AM

R5, oops missed that thread sorry. I did read somewhere that Holly was upset she wasn't warned sooner that Phil's brother was going to be convicted of paedophilia. But who knows. Suddenly all sorts of Z-listers are leaping on the bandwagon on Twitter telling everyone how they had always thought he was the vilest person in the TV business.

His most fucked-up on air moment was back when he found a list of rumoured Tory paedophiles on the internet and asked David Cameron if he was going to have a quiet word with any of the names.

I didn't already know before he came out, I don't know whether gaydar doesn't really exist, or whether it only doesn't exist for me.

by Anonymousreply 7May 23, 2023 12:48 AM

Well I have never heard of Precious Muir before but, by God, she has profoundly and comprehensively shat the bed here. GB News, quelle surprise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 23, 2023 4:54 AM

Isn't the BIG issue that he had groomed this fellow from the time he was 12? šŸ˜

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 23, 2023 5:10 AM

Holly looks like the British version of Kelly Ripa who actually eats once in awhile

by Anonymousreply 10May 23, 2023 5:13 AM

So apparently Matthew McGreevy was hoping to build on his 'This Morning' showrunner experience by ultimately making it as an actor or presenter. Here's his showreel, but, in the nicest possible way, aren't presenters supposed to be charismatic?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 23, 2023 5:27 AM

Imagine ruining your career for an ugly teenager with the most unfortunate nutcracker profile and horrible dress sense

by Anonymousreply 12May 27, 2023 6:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!