Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Recent, really fun, down to earth Elfman interview from Amoeba "What's in my Bag?"

Ironically one of the nicer episodes, too. Very soft spoken, eloquent, good humored, humble, classic eccentric fun Danny.

A lot of really nice commentary and stories in the replies section as well. Seems he's a really good guy to work with and has been very kind to fans, students of the musical arts, and damn fine taste in music and film!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57May 27, 2023 7:06 PM

Another

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 22, 2023 5:09 AM

CBS interview from few months ago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 22, 2023 5:10 AM

No way is this guy evil. He's actually very adorable and really funny.

Always thought Richard Blade was/is kind of annoying though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 22, 2023 5:12 AM

Hi, Danny's publicist.

by Anonymousreply 4May 22, 2023 5:51 AM

Jesus, op. That thumbnail made me think of the twisted sister Zelda from Pet Sematary. Creepy.

by Anonymousreply 5May 22, 2023 6:04 AM

Fright Night!!!

by Anonymousreply 6May 22, 2023 6:54 AM

Well that explains it: Bridget is a big fat lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 7May 22, 2023 7:19 AM

I assumed the person in the thumbnail was an aging lesbian.

Or a trans women.

Huh.

by Anonymousreply 8May 22, 2023 7:39 AM

The Danny Elfman Frau Troll both fascinates and scares me.

by Anonymousreply 9May 22, 2023 9:02 AM

Doesn't he have a fangroup you can post these in, hon? No offense but posting here hasn't worked well for you as you've threatened the moderator(s), owner(s), and various posters with legal and civil action regarding....ahem, Mr. Elfman's better half.

by Anonymousreply 10May 22, 2023 10:46 AM

I only posted those because I saw the Amoeba one on YouTube and I follow the What's in my Bag series and simply making a point that he comes across pretty decent and nowhere near what some of you claim. Think it needed to be said and its a great episode! So, decided to share extra ones that were also nice.

by Anonymousreply 11May 22, 2023 8:35 PM

R10 You realize there's other fans here and non-fans who have respectful views as well, right? Not all are same person.

by Anonymousreply 12May 22, 2023 8:42 PM

Is… is that Gollum?

by Anonymousreply 13May 22, 2023 8:54 PM

Come on, there’s only one DE fan.

Didn’t someone mention abuses his wife?

by Anonymousreply 14May 22, 2023 9:12 PM

He does have a nice speaking voice…almost like he’s HEARING cookies instead of smelling them.

by Anonymousreply 15May 22, 2023 9:14 PM

Out of nowhere he’s got a mop on his head. Is he wearing a wig?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 22, 2023 9:33 PM

R16 Hair grows, yknow. He was growing it out through lockdown. Actual normal grow out progress was witnessed on his Instagram and Insta stories. The way it is now was how he had it around 1994. He normally has wild hair, not the super short crop he donned for a few years there.

by Anonymousreply 17May 22, 2023 9:46 PM

Yes, hair grows. But now usually with this kinda receding line

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 23, 2023 1:35 AM

I think Danny Elfman is super cool and crazy brilliant. I used to have a total crush on him. He did age strangely though. Like if Bill Gates transitioned, he'd look like current Danny Elfman. I also don't understand the sudden tattoo obsession that took over his body. But he seems like a good guy. Very sincere. And limitless talent.

He was really adorable in the 80s!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 23, 2023 1:47 AM

I've always had a big soft spot for Danny Elfman. Apart from being extremely talented, he seems to be of great character with personality. Someone you could chill and have a drink with and talk for hours about anything and everything. I still listen to Oingo Boingo's song, 'Stay', quite regularly. I consider it one of the best songs from the 80's that isn't just an '80's song'. If you know what I mean. It stands on its own and should be discussed more often as a 'classic'. Oh, and I love the 'Stay' music video too. Have lost count how many times I have watched that since I was a kid.

by Anonymousreply 20May 23, 2023 2:16 AM

Trans?

by Anonymousreply 21May 23, 2023 2:18 AM

I adore his music, and have a few Beetlejuice and Pee Wee's film audio clips as ringtones. I also saw Oingo Boingo in concert decades ago.

But yeah, now he looks like my grandma.

by Anonymousreply 22May 23, 2023 2:41 AM

He was never an attractive man and was never going to age well.

However, the plastic surgery, botox, fillers, and weird hair don't help. He clearly scored by landing Bridget Fonda when she was hot. I guess we know why she stopped trying.

Oingo Boingo was a fun band. His music in movies is always on point.

by Anonymousreply 23May 23, 2023 2:44 AM

One more thing, there would be nothing wrong if he continued to age in this fashion - he is 70 after all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 23, 2023 2:47 AM

He looks like Jinx Monsoon out of drag.

by Anonymousreply 25May 23, 2023 2:54 AM

And people were bitching here for weeks about Bridget Fonda’s appearance?!

Ye gads!

by Anonymousreply 26May 23, 2023 3:18 AM

R20 Stay is a gorgeous song. It's a perfect song. "If we get tha-ROO/one more night..."

Dead Man's Party as an album is iconic!!! And now I'm feeling intense nostalgia.

I miss the 80s so much. I wasn't old enough to get AIDS so it was all about pop culture and hanging out with friends and first crushes and obsessing over music, going to see tons of bands. The 80s was the best time to be a kid/teen in the history of the world.

by Anonymousreply 27May 23, 2023 3:39 AM

R19 It wasn't sudden. He's had tattoos since the 90s. Even did a cool interview mag feature about his tattoos around 1999/00 explaining the stories behind the ones he had up to that point, which were quite a bit, but mostly his legs, and he said then he planned on getting tons more and chest covered. Which he didn't get time to do til lockdown, in which he got those done and still not finished. He just didn't start doing them til the 90s but definitely nothing new or sudden. He'd talked of getting more and covered since 1999. He is an odd, creative mind, and wants to use his body as an art thing after he dies.

by Anonymousreply 28May 23, 2023 2:29 PM

R24 But that's not the Danny we all used to know and love. The Danny now is more Danny. That era in that pic he was trying to be all serious and composer-y and it came across very stuffy. Not a fan of that look. He was trying to be too hollywoody. When lockdown happened and he started getting back his old school discheveled way again, we all cheered! No joke.

by Anonymousreply 29May 23, 2023 2:31 PM

R20 R27 Finally, some Danny/Boingo love! Agreed!!!! "Stay" is one of theeee most gorgeous songs ever written and such a staple of that time. It goes hand in hand with their song "We Close Our Eyes" for me. They weren't big on romantic songs, but they sure hit the spot with those two.

by Anonymousreply 30May 23, 2023 2:34 PM

Beautiful song. Up there with "Stay".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 23, 2023 2:35 PM

Its such a whimsical, romantic, atmospheric, haunting beauty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 23, 2023 2:36 PM

R27 The 80s were the greatest time. The last greatest era. Well, the early 90s were the last of that.

by Anonymousreply 33May 23, 2023 2:38 PM

R19 He's been doing them for decades and has said for decades he'd been wanting to complete the tattoos. As long as he doesn't do that full body, face tattoo shit, I'm all for it. He's making art out of his body. Also, the dog tattoo he has over his heart is of his old doggy that passed away a few years ago. I think its really sweet. See? A lover of animals...one can't be that bad if they love animals like that. They now have a new doggy that's really cute. Similar breed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34May 23, 2023 2:44 PM

R23 he was gorgeous in the 80s and 90s!

and in no way has he gotten botox and surgery. he just beefs up with intense working out and putting on weight with some diet he'd mentioned. he looks better with weight on like he was in the mid 90s and last year during Coachella. he went back to dropping it again. he does that intermittent fasting bullshit which is bad on the body, though.

by Anonymousreply 35May 23, 2023 2:47 PM

Wigs

by Anonymousreply 36May 23, 2023 4:34 PM

[quote] "What's in my Bag?"

Obviously not a comb or a hairbrush.

by Anonymousreply 37May 23, 2023 6:12 PM

But the important question is: was he ever on a Gap playlist?

by Anonymousreply 38May 23, 2023 6:30 PM

I wouldn’t say he was gorgeous but he had charisma in the 80s. Seems smart especially for a pop star. Great singing voice, too. Oingo Boingo had the ugliest album covers of the 80s. Well, them and Squeeze.

As for the hair, it’s almost too dreadful and stringy to be a wig, but I agree that with his earlier hairline, it’s unlikely it’s just growth. Maybe he has the same implant surgery Elon had?

by Anonymousreply 39May 23, 2023 8:28 PM

Christ, he's looking rough. Thank god he can still make a living with music.

What's the film equivalent of "A Face for Radio?"

by Anonymousreply 40May 23, 2023 8:33 PM

R39 He still has a far back hairline. Can tell in the recent Wednesday Addams event from last month where he posed with Catherine Zeta. He parts it down in such a way other times where you can't tell. But he's always had a far back hairline even back in the late 80s. but his hair was so curly and wild you couldn't tell. don't think its technically a receeding but just how his hairline naturally is. its definitely his real hair, though. think it looks good longer and when let to go free and no gels.

by Anonymousreply 41May 23, 2023 8:54 PM

R39 Forgot to add. Yes, very smart indeed. And I actually really like those album cover arts and from many bands back then. Was artistic and real. The 80s gave us some of the most coolest covers of all time. But to each his own.

by Anonymousreply 42May 23, 2023 8:56 PM

R38 Nope and thank god for that! Gap sucks!

by Anonymousreply 43May 23, 2023 8:57 PM

Sorry, but... definitely gorgeous. Still is, but just the older version. Same Danny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44May 23, 2023 9:10 PM

❤😌

Love this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 23, 2023 9:12 PM

So ugly.

by Anonymousreply 46May 23, 2023 9:22 PM

An Elfman troll, lol.

by Anonymousreply 47May 23, 2023 10:12 PM

R28 / R34 Thank you I had no idea about the tattoos. I thought he had had an impulsive midlife crisis moment during the pandemic. Yes Danny was gorgeous, and he is a creative wizard the likes of which are very rare. And he seems so sweet.

He's accomplished SO DAMN MUCH. And he has no training! I mean, that's just raw genius right there.

I do hope that he and Bridget are happy together and that it's not a strictly caregiver/caretaker relationship. It seems odd that they keep buying his-n- hers side-by-side houses. If I were in love I would want to be around that person all the time and I would want them to want to be near me, too. The fact that they have these separate homes, and she hasn't walked an event with Danny since 2011, makes me sad for him. He deserves all the things.

by Anonymousreply 48May 24, 2023 12:34 AM

R48 Finally! Another fan! :)

Yeah, I don't know what to say about the joint property thing. What was my understanding was they only did the two properties thing once and that the second smaller house was a guest house and for the big parties they put on regularly. They do it there or at his brother Richards place or something. They do elaborate parties. And the main house had has some theater things built in. I can't keep any of it straight and based on pics and posts I've seen over the years I thought they just recently moved into a single house after covid? Seen articles saying one or other so its confusing. I think they had some temp live-in assistants or something.

As for a caregiver? I really doubt he's her caregiver. She seems perfectly independent and able and out doing errands and traveling with their kid, so. I personally think something happened after that last public event she attended with him which was ironically a Weinstein movie event and she looked REALLY uncomfortable and forcing a smile and uneasy in the pics from that. Take a look on Getty at more from that and years prior. she seemed like she wasn't enjoying it anymore. I think she either got fed up with the Hollywood thing or something happened to her related to that and also why Jane Fonda goes hush on the topic when anyone asks about Bridget...and that maybe everyones very respectful of her privacy and whatever situation. I bet she still attends his own events ...just incognito. She is spotted in the background of a couple rehearsal videos he posted on tik tok a few months back. From what I heard they keep things all very private in like close circles and after shows or something. Makes sense to me.

Another gut feeling I got, based on picking up on her body language in vids and pics from when she attended awards events with him, the ones nearing the last ones, she seemed very not wanting to be there and I think she started having anxiety at those. She was wearing sunglasses at two of them and looking kinda sheepish and another you can see she's almost kinda like hiding behind him ...so think she started getting anxiety or something happened in the industry or someone in it that just tipped that bucket. Not saying its fact. Just a strong theory I get and feel and as a woman myself, with anxiety. Plus she had just had a kid...hormones trigger all kinds of things later on. So..he might be totally okay with her not being there and might even be his suggestion..if she has had a rough situation in industry or anxiety...and they just have their own thing they do. But I'm pretty sure she's there for his own stuff, like shows and his concertos, concerts. just probably not the big Hollywood ones. I don't blame her!

by Anonymousreply 49May 24, 2023 12:47 PM

R48 But I do after he deserves all the good things and I feel bad for him about her not being there. But I feel bad for her as well, because weight thing aside, I think she went through some form of something traumatic, either surrounding that accident, or something industry related, or both linked, who knows, that triggered some kind of anxiety. A picture tells a thousand words. (The red carpet pics..mainly the final appearance one at the Inglorious Basterds one and the one where she's wearing the sunglasses and looking irritated at the cameras and fake smile and looking just annoyed with press.)

by Anonymousreply 50May 24, 2023 12:51 PM

^^Meant to say "but I do AGREE..." not "after".

by Anonymousreply 51May 24, 2023 12:53 PM

Thank you R49 everything you just said makes more sense than the last 5 Bridget threads with hundreds of posts per thread. That makes sense that when she quit Hollywood, she REALLY quit Hollywood, including the need to look a certain way, etc. I personally still feel bad for Danny because he married Bridget when she was gorgeous. And even if you aren't a superficial person...If you marry a person, and then they no longer resemble themselves in any way shape or form, it would be destabilizing and disappointing. To me it seems like a death of that person that you married.

Yes they bought two more side-by-side houses again after they sold the two in Hancock Park. Hearing this about the elaborate parties and assistants and all of that, it seems more likely that they are just fun and like to have (and can afford to have) that entire second house for events and family and guests and maybe even meetings and work stuff.

by Anonymousreply 52May 24, 2023 1:59 PM

Danny Elfman made poor Bridget fat with his honey voice, tribal tattoos and weird ways.

by Anonymousreply 53May 24, 2023 5:19 PM

No wonder Bridget is eating her feelings. Imagine waking up to that face beside you every morning

by Anonymousreply 54May 24, 2023 5:23 PM

R54 Oh grow the fuck up.

You're probably a lonely, sad old ass because of your "wonderful" personality...if you're anything like that in real life.

by Anonymousreply 55May 24, 2023 5:29 PM

R55 you’re in Datalounge. Remember that!

by Anonymousreply 56May 24, 2023 6:12 PM

R56 It isn't a free pass.

by Anonymousreply 57May 27, 2023 7:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!