Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DONT FLY DELTA AIRLINES.

Those bastards just wasted a whole vacation day of mine, because one plane had a breakdown, presumably because of inadequate maintenance, and they had to fly the replacement plane in from Tierra del Fuego.

by Anonymousreply 39June 1, 2023 1:08 AM

AND Satan's minions have been fucking with my phone keyboard and autocorrect!

I take zero responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 1May 21, 2023 10:36 PM

I quit on them when they canceled one of my flights due to weather conditions, but Southwest and United both had flights going to the same destination within the same half hour and neither cancelled their flights.

by Anonymousreply 2May 21, 2023 10:42 PM

You just HAD to fly somewhere didn’t you OP. Couldn’t bear driving to the Poconos.

by Anonymousreply 3May 21, 2023 10:44 PM

I always have a good experience with them. I suggest you try Spirit.

by Anonymousreply 4May 21, 2023 10:46 PM

[quote]DONT FLY DELTA AIRLINES.

We already know. Why should we have to listen to you when you're so slow, Madame?

by Anonymousreply 5May 21, 2023 10:51 PM

I flew Delta to Montreal recently and the twinky FA kept calling Toronto ToeRANtoe when mentioning connecting flights. Appalling!

by Anonymousreply 6May 21, 2023 10:51 PM

I was molested by Delta Airlines

by Anonymousreply 7May 21, 2023 10:53 PM

Well, OP, they could have just continued to fly you on the original plane, like they do in Moscow. Is that what you'd have preferred?

by Anonymousreply 8May 21, 2023 10:59 PM

So you’re upset that they valued and prioritized your safety?

You’re very immature.

by Anonymousreply 9May 21, 2023 11:05 PM

You should have flown one of the other US airlines known for efficiency and excellent customer service.

by Anonymousreply 10May 21, 2023 11:10 PM

I once had a passenger ask me, “if they know it’s so long to get spare parts here, why don’t they fly around with spare parts and tires that they need in order to save time?”

by Anonymousreply 11May 21, 2023 11:19 PM

Humble brag.

by Anonymousreply 12May 21, 2023 11:25 PM

R8 Do they just fly you around over Moscow?

by Anonymousreply 13May 21, 2023 11:26 PM

Sorry you had a bad experience. About 8 years ago I left an ipad on a Delta connection in a seat back. They found and mailed it back to me at their expense.

by Anonymousreply 14May 21, 2023 11:27 PM

I just got stuck overnight at Dallas-Fort Worth on Friday. I was flying American Airlines.

Flight was originally scheduled to depart at 4:40 PM. Kept getting delayed and delayed and delayed, including about a dozen gate changes. Finally got on the plane at about 8:00PM. Sat there for an hour, at which point we were informed that the flight was cancelled, because the pilot had "timed out" (been on the clock too long, and thus was not permitted to fly). I got rebooked onto the next flight out, leaving at 10:55. Same thing happened, except we never boarded the plane. They eventually announced about 12:30 AM that the flight would not be going out until 10:00 AM the next morning.

They did give us hotel vouchers for the night, and taxi vouchers to and from the hotel, so everybody was able to get a little bit of sleep. They also gave us food vouchers, which proved to be worthless (only redeemable at the airport, and only good for $12. At that time of night there isn't anything open in the airport, and even if there was, what can you get at an airport for $12?).

The point is, this kind of thing happens sometimes, and it happens with every airline, not just Delta, not just United, not just American, not just Southwest. People who fly often understand this. It's usually the infrequent travelers who freak out and get all pissed off and swear that they're never going to fly that particular airline again. I get it, when it happens it's a huge hassle. This particular weekend was graduation weekend for a lot of people, so the flights were full of parents and grandparents going to their child's or grandchild's college graduation, so people were upset at the thought of possibly missing an important life event. That's why when it's a big occasion, it's a good idea to build plan to get there a day ahead.

I just sit back and enjoy the spectacle of people freaking out like the world is coming to an end.

by Anonymousreply 15May 21, 2023 11:55 PM

I’ve had nothing but the best experiences with Delta Airlines. Time and time again.

by Anonymousreply 16May 22, 2023 12:04 AM

Are they anti gay?

by Anonymousreply 17May 22, 2023 12:52 AM

You're on your own with this one, OP. Everyone knows Delta is the best airline in the USA when it comes to flight comfort, customer service, and flight routes. Their prices are a bit higher, but it's worth it.

by Anonymousreply 18May 22, 2023 12:58 AM

[quote] How bad does Delta Airl I need suck?

What’s going on with your self training auto-correct, OP?

by Anonymousreply 19May 22, 2023 12:58 AM

I flew Delta this week and my flight back home was delayed by over 2 hours, I nearly needed my smelling salts!

by Anonymousreply 20May 22, 2023 1:28 AM

I fly on the commuter end of the equation and even then Delta seems to be best.

United on the other hand….anyone up for a Dulles A-gate stampede?

by Anonymousreply 21May 22, 2023 1:45 AM

Sorry about your bad day OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 22, 2023 1:50 AM

R15, we got stuck in the Miami airport on the same night with American. We were in Miami on a 2 hour layover from the Virgin Islands and then they rescheduled our 4:30 pm flight to 10:00 am the next morning. It was a shit show getting our checked luggage back because it was already in a pile of luggage waiting to be sent to along to Philly. It took 3 hours for them to bring us our luggage. I was calm because the employees were so polite (yet frazzled) and nothing was their fault, but I should've recorded the one Karen who lost her shit.

by Anonymousreply 23May 24, 2023 6:12 PM

Their name is Delta Air Lines. Three words.

by Anonymousreply 24May 31, 2023 1:49 PM

And would someone please tell the British that Delta Air Lines is ONE company, not multiple and to please stop referring to the company (and so many other single entities) as if they were multiple companies.

Sorry, just had to rant about British englishisms.

by Anonymousreply 25May 31, 2023 2:10 PM

Didn't care when you were aboard. Don't care now.

by Anonymousreply 26May 31, 2023 2:24 PM

Never had a bad experience with them. Now British Airways on the other hand. They make Spirit/Frontier look like luxury experiences.

by Anonymousreply 27May 31, 2023 2:33 PM

Meanwhile, the new Delta terminal (and SkyClub) at LaGuardia is as pleasant as an airport can be.

They got me back home yesterday early, and the twink flight attendant got my phone number.

by Anonymousreply 28May 31, 2023 2:34 PM

On a recent flight through Vegas, the connection was late and the gate agent was saying nothing as they just kept bumping the departure back 20 minutes at a time for hours. People around me were complaining and despite the airlines (SouthWest) knowing what was going on, they were silent.

I put on my internet detective hat and discovered that the reason for the delay was weather in Denver and that the equipment was sitting on the tarmac full of people waiting for clearance. When I started telling people around me what was up, the gate agent got really flustered and uncomfortable that anyone had as much information as him and promptly made an announcement while giving me the evil eye.

The woman sitting next to me saw the whole thing and made a big deal out of thanking me for putting her mind at ease just to piss off the agent, glaring at him and loudly saying that she appreciated it because now she had time to go grab a bite to eat without worrying. The flight was so delayed that the airport vendors were closing for the night and if the agent had waited another 5 minutes before saying anything, there wouldn't have been anyplace to get a snack or drink.

The airlines have lost more money than they've made in the history of aviation. The industry is a farce. Bring back regulation. It's that simple.

by Anonymousreply 29May 31, 2023 2:37 PM

What did you say, R11?!

by Anonymousreply 30May 31, 2023 2:38 PM

Just smoke copious amounts of pot, silly!

by Anonymousreply 31May 31, 2023 2:38 PM

I mean, if I have an airline to complain about right now, it’s JetBlue, which has been delayed every single time I’ve flown with them this year. If they get approval to buy Spirit, we’re even more screwed.

by Anonymousreply 32May 31, 2023 2:43 PM

Ann Coulter famously hates Delta.

by Anonymousreply 33May 31, 2023 2:46 PM

^My opinion of Delta just went up.

by Anonymousreply 34May 31, 2023 3:48 PM

They're the best actually. I fly weekly for work in the U.S. They all have their problems from time to time - some more than others.

Delta is best, followed by American, then United, Southwest, blah, blah, blah the others....

by Anonymousreply 35May 31, 2023 4:05 PM

Delta passengers have the BEST luggage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 31, 2023 4:46 PM

[quote]Those bastards just wasted a whole vacation day of mine, because one plane had a breakdown, presumably because of inadequate maintenance, and they had to fly the replacement plane in from Tierra del Fuego.

Did Rose Schwartz write this EST?

by Anonymousreply 37May 31, 2023 8:56 PM

There's not an airline on the planet that doesn't screw up occasionally. If you expect perfection from any of them you are unreasonable.

by Anonymousreply 38May 31, 2023 9:29 PM

It’s the regional airlines that are piss poor. United Express operator CommuteAir has the most battered ERJ’s in the sky.

by Anonymousreply 39June 1, 2023 1:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!