Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Part 3: Harry and Meghan involved in 'near catastrophic' car chase by paparazzi

Carry on your musings here

by Anonymousreply 366July 4, 2023 3:23 PM

I have mused.

by Anonymousreply 1May 21, 2023 9:16 PM

It’s stunning how this incident is the thing that made most of the press turn against them, including their favored outlets. It’s pretty small potatoes compared to their other stunts.

by Anonymousreply 2May 21, 2023 9:44 PM

I assume it was the proverbial last straw.

by Anonymousreply 3May 21, 2023 9:46 PM

If she hadn't married a prince nobody would obsess over this woman.

by Anonymousreply 4May 21, 2023 9:46 PM

Well done on musing about your musing, r1.

by Anonymousreply 5May 21, 2023 9:47 PM

Op you are obsessed with them. It’s sad.

by Anonymousreply 6May 21, 2023 10:00 PM

I agree that this was relatively small-fry for the liars. For me, Megs turning up at Uvalde after that horrific shooting with a camera crew in tow was unforgivable. I'm not surprised Netflix refused to use the footage - they would've been crucified.

by Anonymousreply 7May 21, 2023 10:07 PM

"In this whole saga, the thing that genuinely surprises me is that there was such demand for pictures of Harry and Meghan that paps followed them after the ceremony"

Someone on the previous thread said that, and that's why I speculated above about Meg setting this all up. That, and because Backgrid's response to Harry was the snarkiest I've ever heard from a major business, as if everyone in the company was laughing at him.

Why were there four security SUVs if Harry and Meg needed to save a few bucks by getting a Hertz rental car instead of a limo? Were there Netflix cameramen in the primed to make shaky-cam footage that looks like it came from cell phones? And if Meg set it up, did she tell Harry anything? If not, was it because he hates the paps so much she knew he'd freak out, or because she wanted film of him freaking out??

by Anonymousreply 8May 21, 2023 10:14 PM

This isn't "relatively small fry". The NYPD is clearly pissed at them because they could have caused a genuine problem with all their drama:

"The Duke and Duchess of Sussex arrived at their destination, and there were no reported collisions, summonses, injuries or arrests in regard,” the New York City Police Department said in a statement on Wednesday.

"A New York City law enforcement source told Page Six: “They should have just gotten a hotel for the safety of everyone. Instead, they were cheap and wanted a free place to stay." According to the source, “Harry and Meghan’s people called the Carlyle ahead of the trip and asked for a discounted room, and the hotel said no.

“If they had just paid up and got a hotel in the first place, this supposed ‘dangerous’ paparazzi chase around town would never have happened. They would have been driven back to the Carlyle, been photographed going inside and that would have been the end of it.”

“Harry and Meghan put regular people’s lives at risk because they are cheap,” the law enforcement source told Page Six. “They should just accept that people are going to take photos of them, photographers are going to follow them — this is New York — and they have to take intelligent steps to ensure their own security for the safety of themselves and everyone else.”

The Metropolitan Police would NEVER have made these sorts of comments under the same circumstances, but the NYPD aren't taking any of the Harkles' shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 21, 2023 10:19 PM

It’s pretty embarrassing that media in the US have been talking these two seriously for the last three years. The vast majority of the British people could have informed them that everything these two were saying and doing, from the Oprah interview onward, was total nonsense. It doesn’t reflect well in the intelligence and research ability of the US media.

I’m not holding my breath waiting for US media to look back and admit that all the previous claims this couple made are in fact just as absurd as this recent caper

by Anonymousreply 10May 21, 2023 10:20 PM

Meghan's Uvalde stunt truly was unforgiveable. Flying in with a Netflix crew. Afterwards her lackeys leaked to the media she had 1) paid for the coffins - she didn't - McConaughey and HEB did and 2) she paid for a playground. She gave $1,000. I gave more. So did HEB.

They give tiny donations for people who claim to be so rich and then make press releases like they're funding massive projects. They're living way beyond their means even giving paltry donation and trying to claim they're philanthropists. It's hard when you're only a millionaire surrounded by billionaires. Meghan evidently thought Harry was a lot richer than he is and he evidently thought she could rake in a billion with all her supposed Hollywood connections.

Dumb and dumber.

by Anonymousreply 11May 21, 2023 10:22 PM

HEB???????

by Anonymousreply 12May 21, 2023 10:27 PM

HEB is the Texas grocery chain. They donate massive amounts to all sorts of charitable causes. It's also run by a Democrat which is nice.

by Anonymousreply 13May 21, 2023 10:29 PM

r10 It also doesn't say much about the integrity of some parts of the US media.

by Anonymousreply 14May 21, 2023 10:54 PM

Not true. SoulShine made and donated the custom coffins, and Bo Jackson paid for the funerals. Be accurate.

by Anonymousreply 15May 21, 2023 11:00 PM

I think it's because it's so clearly ridiculous r2, it's impossible for even their most ardent supporters to defend them. There's also an element of them being caught red-handed at trying to connive and manipulate. It's also having a negative impact on people who've chosen to support them (e.g. Gloria Steinem - this is all people will remember of the her award event). Why associate with them if it's only going to result in drama and mayhem? They're just bad news.

by Anonymousreply 16May 21, 2023 11:18 PM

That's an interesting point- Gloria Steinem doesn't have a long time left. Will this be the last and lasting impression of her legacy? Of Ms. magazine for this generation? I love cultural and intellectual history. Meghan Markle represents the Kardashian effect on actual historical institutions, and it's as big as sea level change as Trump becoming president.

This is not the revolution anyone wanted.

by Anonymousreply 17May 21, 2023 11:41 PM

What's the possibility that Harry and Meghan were staying at Soho House in NYC? Meghan's friend Markus Anderson who works for Soho House and whom she'd been hiking with just a few days before, was at the Women of Vision event, as was her long-term friend Genevieve Hillis and her agent/publicist Jill Smoller.

They did, in fact, have a whole team of reps and friends there with them, and even then it ended in a publicity disaster for them. Meghan's reps and friends, that is - Harry is all on his own out there and has no one really from his own "team" to look out for him.

There's something very sleazy about this group that's around them, and they're certainly not helping them. Meghan's beaming team in this photo just underlines how the "award" was the result of a backroom deal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 21, 2023 11:41 PM

I’d bet good money on Meg having aspirations to be Ms Steinem’s successor. It’s easy to imagine her seeing herself presiding over awards and being the most important person in the room.

by Anonymousreply 19May 21, 2023 11:47 PM

Part 3?? Aren't you bitches done running this topic into the ground?

Don't you have corgis to delouse or something?

by Anonymousreply 20May 21, 2023 11:49 PM

None, r18. SoHo House is in the Meatpacking District, far from the Upper East Side.

by Anonymousreply 21May 21, 2023 11:50 PM

It looks like the fat woman is to cop a feel of Meghan's boob.

by Anonymousreply 22May 21, 2023 11:59 PM

Markus Anderson started out as a waiter. So he obviously has had some interesting side-gigs to go from nothingness to whatever he is now. Was/is he a pimp?

by Anonymousreply 23May 22, 2023 12:01 AM

R23-R600 We're BAAACK. We psycho fraus can't wait. We're compelled to keep feeding on your own shite .It's like an echo chamber in a mental ward. We love it better than spanking our fannies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 22, 2023 12:10 AM

I don't know NYC at all, r21, but according to Google Maps it's less than a 20 minute drive from the Ziegfeld Ballroom to Soho House. I read somewhere that their security was driving in the opposite direction to their destination, apparently to try to shake off the paps.

There is still the mystery of where they were staying.

by Anonymousreply 25May 22, 2023 12:10 AM

R23, what did my bloody arsehole father and nonce brother say to you!?! They leaked to the papers didn't they!?!!

by Anonymousreply 26May 22, 2023 12:10 AM

Megstan r24 thinks that posting that photo is a WIN because Megstans are too thick to realise that all the photo does is remind everyone of Merchie and Lilibucks.

by Anonymousreply 27May 22, 2023 12:16 AM

R23, people more dedicated than me have dug out various connections between Meghan and Soho House. Harry and Meghan even first met at Soho House in London and have stayed at various Soho Houses together. Markus Anderson also seems very close with Doria - this pic is from September 2017, from the Invictus Games in Canada. Meghan's ex-BFF Jessica Mulroney is also in the photo. The Invictus Games were supposedly Harry's gig, his own personal form of service as a working royal, yet even at his own Games he's been isolated from his own people and is alone with Meghan and her people.

Apparently, Markus introduced Meghan and Harry (although there are several versions of how they met).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 22, 2023 12:23 AM

r25, They contend all of the "near-catastrophic car chase" happened in midtown and the Upper East Side. So Ho House is downtown on the West Side. Also, I wouldn't think it was 20 minutes away unless there was zero traffic or one took the West Side Highway.

The NYPD already noted that they went to the 19th Precinct station (hilariously - can you imagine the cops' faces when this circus rolled in?) and that the station was roughly 2 blocks away from where they were staying. (The NYPD has no fucks to give about their privacy). That means they were staying in the East 60's, probably in an oligarch's townhouse, since a) that's where most of the oligarchs live, and b) that would have no doorman and might make them a bit more nervous about the paps knowing the location of and c) possibly a dodgy oligarch (aren't they all) from who the couple do not want people knowing they take freebies.

by Anonymousreply 29May 22, 2023 12:24 AM

Meghan and Markus

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 22, 2023 12:25 AM

Drop by for my daily gossipy nectar! Muse and mull away!

by Anonymousreply 31May 22, 2023 12:26 AM

So Meghan's ticket to the bigtime was a former waiter turned pimp??

by Anonymousreply 32May 22, 2023 12:26 AM

Thanks, r29, that sounds accurate. I was just thinking out loud, after seeing Markus was also there.

by Anonymousreply 33May 22, 2023 12:27 AM

No problem r33. Markus is an especially odd part of Meghan's story, and has a rather evil aspect to his visage. I can easily see why people wonder if he's a pimp, for example. He looks like one.

by Anonymousreply 34May 22, 2023 12:32 AM

Everything about these two is so incredibly shady. They come sideways at everything, like crabs. That's why the public doesn't like them: They are such obvious liars and hypocrites. If they'd been genuine about their intentions to move to America and make pots of dough, people would have respected that so much more than the fake humanitarian crap. Well, we Americans would have respected it, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 35May 22, 2023 12:34 AM

The pro-Meg stans have three distinct voices: The conspiracy theorist who says we're all about to be arrested for being mean to Ms. Markle, the foul-mouthed, nasty picture-posting cuntcaller, and the more subtle "I am not on ANYBODY's side, but Meghan and Harry have genuine grievances" faker.

I can't figure out if these are three different posters, one poster with multiple personas, or the three flavors of crazy the Russian bots can choose from during any given shift.

by Anonymousreply 36May 22, 2023 12:38 AM

Stop with the puny oligarch assertions. They stayed with Misha Ninoo.

by Anonymousreply 37May 22, 2023 12:45 AM

r35 Imagine a parallel universe in which a completely happy and relaxed Harry says "My wife is homesick and we would like to make our own money, so we're going to move to her hometown for a bit and see about working on stuff that interests us." Then they peacefully leave the family and country without insulting either, and he proceeds to, say, replace the soon-retiring David Attenborough as the Beeb's nature documentary voiceover go-to, with plenty of trips to Africa and elsewhere and the ability to promote the protection of animals and their environments. She could act in some decent parts because she hadn't made herself nucler waste levels of repellant, and maybe could have turned the Tig into a competitor for Goop, or some such merching.

No family drama, no Oedipal drama, no demands for ludicrous levels of security, just two people enjoying their good fortune and having a nice life.

But NO. That was, in reality never possible because Harry's a mentally ill spoilt brat and his wife is a psychotic controlling BPD whose entire way of controlling Harry was to rip open the wound of his mother's death and needle it daily, while isolating him from everyone who actually loved him.

by Anonymousreply 38May 22, 2023 12:46 AM

r37 No they didn't. Misha Nonoo lives downtown. Not on the Upper East Side.

by Anonymousreply 39May 22, 2023 12:50 AM

I stand corrected serves me right for trusting frau speculation. Last NYC trip they stayed on the UES too.

by Anonymousreply 40May 22, 2023 1:02 AM

Have they even visited Africa since their "escape"?

by Anonymousreply 41May 22, 2023 1:03 AM

Interesting suggestion, r37. Misha NoNoo is another one in the Markus Anderson crowd. She apparently was also the one who introduced Harry and Meghan, at Soho House.

Sweet pic of Meghan, Markus and Misha, on holiday in Ibiza together, 2016.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42May 22, 2023 1:03 AM

Akthough to be a little fair to the frau, if's not out of the bounds of possibility that Nonoo and Hess have other properties.

by Anonymousreply 43May 22, 2023 1:06 AM

Oh Christ, now the Tory bitches are making up their own lingo.

A self-fellating ecosphere that rivals that of Trump supporters.

by Anonymousreply 44May 22, 2023 1:07 AM

Megstan at r44 is so intensely ignorant of anything British that it doesn't even know that the popular abbreviation for the BBC is "the Beeb". It has been for a long, long time.

Imagine knowing THAT little about a world upon which one insists on opining?

Megstans must be some of the least well educated commenters on the entire internet. Which is saying something. They seem to know absolutely nothing about the subjects at hand, but pontificate on it all anyway. It's an incredible trait to see so consistently represented in a single group.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 22, 2023 1:18 AM

How does Tim Tebow fit into all this?

by Anonymousreply 46May 22, 2023 1:19 AM

It's hard to see into a relationship from the outside, but it certainly seems like Meghan is "working" Harry's insecurities and neuroses. She is alienated from her entire family, except her mother who has made a suspiciously late entrance into Meghan's life. Harry, who was close to his father and brother before meeting Meghan, is now alienated from all of his immediate family. Coincidence? It's a classic pattern of a controlling spouse isolating the weaker spouse in order to keep the weaker spouse dependent only on the controlling spouse.

by Anonymousreply 47May 22, 2023 1:37 AM

Meghan's homophobic obese old black woman fanclub had never even heard of Britain till they began living vicariously through their failed starlet/successful golddigger. They're widening their horizons discovering Britain actually has a government. Though I'm still sure they couldn't find Sussex on a map..

Why has Meghan been connected to Markus Anderson for so long? International Man of Mystery - was a waiter, never made it out of high school. Jeffrey Epstein vibes.

by Anonymousreply 48May 22, 2023 1:40 AM

R42, good lord. They are all rode hard and put away wet.

Christ, Harry.

by Anonymousreply 49May 22, 2023 1:44 AM

r44 Arr Another Pro Harkle poster trying to create and promote the narrative that only extreme right wingers and Trumpsters criticise Harry and Meghan.Your very transparent with this smear and fake choice between being right wing and criticising this dubious par.

Lots of anti Trumpsters and liberals ,left wingers etc criticise or dont support the Harkles.

by Anonymousreply 50May 22, 2023 1:50 AM

Camilla Long nails it, as usual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 22, 2023 1:52 AM

Meghan reminds me of Anna Delvey the fraudster who posed as a wealthy heiress

by Anonymousreply 52May 22, 2023 2:23 AM

This isn't Harry writing this but the UK's version of Tucker Carlson. Your own Meghan obsessed Palace shill Piers Morgan himself .Writing for his Daily Mirror in 1998. Before he came down with amnesia. As we've said many times you royalasst fraus are the thickest dolts on God's green earth. Even stupider than yank Fox Trumptard cultists.. Your beloved Piercy verifies everything Harry charged the Palace and ROTA with. Morgan's gonna have his fat flabby arse handed to him in court. Read it and weep you silly royalasst cows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53May 22, 2023 2:25 AM

r53 so? I could care less about Piers Morgan and I am not a Royalist. It doesn't change that Harry and Meghan are liars and untrustworthy.

by Anonymousreply 54May 22, 2023 2:31 AM

You mean that you couldn’t care less about Piers, otherwise you mean that you care a lot about him, R54.

by Anonymousreply 55May 22, 2023 2:43 AM

R54 Couldn't bother to put down your fork and read that Morgan was verify Harry is spot on? Perhaps English is your second language? No doubt GrubHub is your first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56May 22, 2023 2:52 AM

r56 you have no shame either, if I posted all those lame fat people pictures and memes like you do I would be embarrassed

by Anonymousreply 57May 22, 2023 2:56 AM

You got me r55

by Anonymousreply 58May 22, 2023 2:57 AM

German media have obtained a video allegedly showing Harry and Meghan's security illegally blocking traffic in New York........

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59May 22, 2023 3:01 AM

The only one left to comment on this 'near catastrophic' car chase is Susan Dey.

Please Susan, make sense of all this.

by Anonymousreply 60May 22, 2023 3:03 AM

As the narrative slowly swings to Meghan setting the whole thing up without telling Harry. What would she do that? Footage?

by Anonymousreply 61May 22, 2023 3:08 AM

Thank you girls for letting us live rent free in your empty heads and full stomachs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62May 22, 2023 3:23 AM

I braved killer bees today! Let the wog top that!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63May 22, 2023 3:32 AM

R62 Amateur.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64May 22, 2023 3:32 AM

R63 Was she sacked from her previous position?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65May 22, 2023 3:42 AM

It's not just anyone who can deliver pizzas like that. Look how many she's carrying!

by Anonymousreply 66May 22, 2023 3:48 AM

Katie's next PR. A gig more suitable for royalty. Get your ping pong paddles ready.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67May 22, 2023 3:48 AM

Anyone else feel like we're finally nearing the end of these two constantly being in the news. The US media seemed to be desperate to try and make these two happen and it's not working. They're just not likeable. It's only the loud trolls on SM who really care about them anymore.

by Anonymousreply 68May 22, 2023 3:56 AM

Apparently Billy the Basher had his own "low speed chase" with the paps. Letting seething Mr Potato Head peep out. We can only imagine his tirades when not being filmed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69May 22, 2023 3:56 AM

They'll keep buying awards for her until everyone gives up and admits how AMAZING she is!!

by Anonymousreply 70May 22, 2023 4:01 AM

Time for some new material, R62.

by Anonymousreply 71May 22, 2023 4:03 AM

R68 certainly by the volume of increasingly desperate, increasingly repetitive and increasingly batshit crazy posts from their supporters on these threads.

Hopefully the ladies at LSA and Celebitchy will have finally realised that their quest to have the Sussexes installed as “King and Queen of England” after winning a popularity contest for the Crown has failed.

I wonder who they’ll focus on next?

by Anonymousreply 72May 22, 2023 4:08 AM

A lot of posters on LSA are actually calling them out for this lame stunt. Haven't checked Celebitchy but a lot of those dumb fraus are probably still up her ass.

by Anonymousreply 73May 22, 2023 4:51 AM

R57 Because you're fat don't be embarrassed. Be ashamed that you spend all your time on a gay web site hating on a stranger because she's successful, beautiful and thin and you're not. Classic jealous fat girl psychosis. Ain't fooling anyone but yourself Tiny. Sign off and go to the gym. Make KFC a better place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74May 22, 2023 5:14 AM

Gayle King speaks . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 22, 2023 5:19 AM

Oh fuck off Gayle you kiss ass and go munch O's carpet

by Anonymousreply 76May 22, 2023 5:26 AM

[quote] It also doesn't say much about the integrity of some parts of the US media.

Nobody expects integrity from the US media

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77May 22, 2023 5:50 AM

Prince Harry allegedly has a secret hotel room where he goes to “escape” from his wife, Meghan Markle, and his family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78May 22, 2023 5:54 AM

[quote]certainly by the volume of increasingly desperate, increasingly repetitive and increasingly batshit crazy posts from their supporters on these threads.

R72. Very few, if anyone, on these threads support the Duke and Duchess of Smollett.

by Anonymousreply 79May 22, 2023 6:00 AM

[quote] It doesn’t reflect well in the intelligence and research ability of the US media.

The US media didn’t dare say a thing against this couple once they cried racism. Maybe the lack of intelligence and research is on you.

by Anonymousreply 80May 22, 2023 6:01 AM

R69 There’s a big difference between Harry and Meghan having the paparazzi follow behind them at a public event / ceremony and Kate and William riding their bikes around at a park.

by Anonymousreply 81May 22, 2023 6:06 AM

R75 Gayle Winfrey is the only major media star from the U.S. to support them....

by Anonymousreply 82May 22, 2023 6:25 AM

I thought Gayle was doubting them just a couple days ago.

Oh well, even if this incident doesn't finish them off, they're so stupid and filled with hubris, they'll keep fucking up. A few buffoons in the press isn't the worst thing that could happen.

by Anonymousreply 83May 22, 2023 6:33 AM

So they’re liars @R59

by Anonymousreply 84May 22, 2023 6:51 AM

She looks deranged. That t shirt is just obnoxious @R62

by Anonymousreply 85May 22, 2023 6:52 AM

R59 is that their car blocking two lanes of traffic?

by Anonymousreply 86May 22, 2023 6:55 AM

R80. UK media saw no difficulty in criticising them. Maybe the stupidity and vileness are yours.

by Anonymousreply 87May 22, 2023 7:45 AM

I’ll have to disagree with you, R79.

by Anonymousreply 88May 22, 2023 7:48 AM

R87 Any human with a tiny bit of intelligence has no qualms criticizing these two.

by Anonymousreply 89May 22, 2023 7:49 AM

The humourless Megstans seem BIG MAD.

I wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 90May 22, 2023 8:11 AM

R69. There’s also a big difference between somebody who is fulfilling a role that he was born into and didn’t choose and a couple who voluntarily push themselves into the face of the public at every possible moment.

by Anonymousreply 91May 22, 2023 8:12 AM

Oh wait - I know why!:

THE SUNDAY TIMES The biggest threat to Harry and Meghan isn’t paparazzi on bicycles. It’s their own paranoia Camilla Long Sunday May 21 2023, 12.01am BST

Awhile from now, when it is all over, I think we may view the Royal Car Chase not as a silly bit of tabloid fluffery but as a turning point. You may feel differently; you may think there were other, bigger moments when you knew it had gone terribly wrong for Harry and Meghan. Oprah, or “recollections may vary”, or Netflix, or the tights catfight. The Fijian market freakout, the MBS diamond earrings, the suicidal thoughts at Cirque du Soleil, or the penis-heavy contents of Spare.

But never before have I actually thought: well, that’s it — it’s over; they’ve gone the full Imelda Marcos now. They’re literally crazed, on a one-way flight out of God knows where, stuffing diamonds into nappies as they flee the presidential palace, children howling, soldiers falling off collapsing walls, choppers, gunfire, pearls scattering, everyone watching agog as these glittering creatures, once on top of the world, now look washed up and hopeless, like bedraggled fallen despots.

And yet that’s what I thought at 3.30pm on Wednesday, when they released a statement saying they’d had a “near catastrophic” car chase in Manhattan, when, basically, they hadn’t.

The utter tastelessness of it.

Who does that?

It was mad.

I’m not going to go over the “chase” minute by minute. You can read the many live feeds, grids, diagrams, graphs, explainers, debates, interviews, post-match analyses etc elsewhere.

All you need to know is that on Tuesday, just after the couple left an awards ceremony with Meghan’s mother, at which Meghan was given an award for being a “woman of vision”, they claimed they were subjected to a “highly aggressive” car chase around the same few blocks for two whole hours.

---CONT'D---

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92May 22, 2023 8:16 AM

---CONT'D---

Why did it take so long? Mainly because the couple hysterically used three separate cars. They left the ceremony in a 4x4 with a police escort, circling for 75 minutes to give the paps the slip, before fleeing to a nearby police station when they didn’t. At the station they hid for 15 minutes in a garage until someone called a taxi. When the taxi got stuck behind a rubbish lorry, they went back to the same police station, where they got into a final vehicle, which took them on to where they were staying ... just two blocks away.

As I said: mad.

All these places were within walking distance; nothing could have been easier. But still, we’re meant to believe it’s the paps who were behaving like demented animals, driving on pavements, endangering pedestrians, causing “multiple near collisions” as they pursued them with “cars, scooters and bicycles”, bringing the duke “the closest I have ever felt” to understanding how his mother died.

Yet, as the New York police put it drily later: “There were no reported collisions, summonses, injuries or arrests.” The taxi driver who drove them for 15 minutes said the details had been “exaggerated”.

Nothing they said about their night now seems real. I don’t just mean the couple’s statement, clearly written by Meghan — I’d recognise those roiling Disney descriptions (“relentless pursuit”) anywhere. But the phoney/ridiculous award she was collecting; the fear, drama, danger: it was all fake.

---CONT'D--- I wasn’t going to write about the royals, but this is all just too appalling. It’s bad for us to have people constantly claiming things have happened when they haven’t: the drip-drip of conflicting information — sorry, “truth”. The truth is, that taxi chase is Harry and Meghan. It is their mindset, their paranoia, their chaos, their attempt to label themselves as victims again. If you watch their Netflix series you can see how they egg each other on to the point they forget how to behave normally. During one short car journey Meghan tells Harry where each paparazzo is, effectively notifying him when to be scared, while he nervously whispers, “We’ll be with friends in less than ten minutes.” I blame him as much as her.

by Anonymousreply 93May 22, 2023 8:19 AM

R69, doesn't realise that that clip shows William in a good light. The paps constantly try to chase him too in his private life and it's exasperating for him, but he doesn't make a public song and dance about it like Harry.

by Anonymousreply 94May 22, 2023 8:19 AM

---CONT'D---

They’re now in a lunatic downward spiral of fiction and fantasy. Ironically, you just think: “Are you OK?” Why, for example, did they feel threatened when they had a police escort the entire time? Should Harry’s obsession with photographers be the police’s problem? If Meghan is truly a “woman of vision”, why couldn’t she envision a simple, problem-free trip to the Upper East Side, where they were staying with a secret “friend”?

And why, the next day, when the story wasn’t going their way, did they think it would be a good idea to demand “copies of all photos, videos and/or films” taken by the photographers? The photo agency laughed in their faces. Don’t they know how pictures work? Harry should. An agency won’t hand over material simply because “third parties ... demand it be given to them, as perhaps kings can do”. They’re not in the palace any more.

When Meghan arrived on the scene, we all thought the same thing. Finally, an intelligent, worldly, sophisticated woman who was in love with Harry. And if she was the activist she said she was, so much the better. She could quietly show up the royal family for what it was: snobby, backwards, uncool, mediocre, unfair. And then, who knows what? She could have been a truly subversive figure and cratered it from the inside (my dream). But none of that has happened.

What’s happened is the royal family has, conversely, shown Meghan and Harry up for what they are: a pair of wayward hangers-on with unhealthy egos. The more the family trundles on, the more enraged the couple seem. For three weeks we had been waiting: how would Meghan punish Charles for daring to have the coronation? And here’s the answer. What must the royals think when they see the grotty pictures of the Sussexes in a grim taxi on their mercy flight out of Manila — sorry, midtown?

---ENDIT---

by Anonymousreply 95May 22, 2023 8:21 AM

R45, it's laughable that he thinks he's oh so clever and so knowledgeable about Britain by repeating the word Tories all the time, as though only Tories support the royal family in the UK and the only reason we have a monarch is Tory policy, as opposed to the monarchy being a 1000-year institution that is deeply interwoven into the constitution, institutions and very fabric of British society.

by Anonymousreply 96May 22, 2023 8:25 AM

R92 Yeah, that was posted up thread.

by Anonymousreply 97May 22, 2023 8:42 AM

Oh DEAR. It seems I've angered the Last Remaining Megstan at r97.

Temper, temper....

by Anonymousreply 98May 22, 2023 8:48 AM

[quote] R80]. UK media saw no difficulty in criticising them

Once again, the UK is not the US and if you haven’t fucking noticed we have a lot of racial issues in the US. Once Harry and Megan insisted everything was about her race no US media would criticize them.

by Anonymousreply 99May 22, 2023 9:17 AM

Once again, you are a rude idiot. The US media not only failed to question their claims, they enthusiastically embraced them. Please go away.

by Anonymousreply 100May 22, 2023 9:20 AM

R100 They embraced them...til now.

by Anonymousreply 101May 22, 2023 9:26 AM

Girls!!, Girls!!, BOTH your countries' media are hopelessly corrupt!

by Anonymousreply 102May 22, 2023 9:28 AM

[quote] Once again, you are a rude idiot.

The irony.

[quote]Please go away.

You first.

by Anonymousreply 103May 22, 2023 9:35 AM

[quote]Once Harry and Megan insisted everything was about her race no US media would criticize them.

They never insisted everything was about race. They even dialed back some of their initial comments.

Gossip is now almost entirely in the hands of people who obsess over the culture wars, so people like you keep posting constantly, day in and fucking day out, about how Meghan isn't really black, she wears blackface, doesn't look black, all sorts of junk, all completely irrelevant and just examples of certain types of people using entertainment news and gossip as a springboard to push their own rotten agenda.

Two things happened here: One, the US media got angry at what they thought was a criticism of some of their own, and yes, they consider tabloid trash their own. This is the country where Jake Tapper repeatedly defended Andy Ngo's lies and propaganda, for fuck's sake. They're going to get real pissed off at a British prince coming here and "maligning the free press," especially since he once said something like "the First Amendment is so weird to me" or whatever it was.

And two: Harry apparently freaked out and is probably tired of being attacked by tabloids, like he has been since he was a teenager, and with his recent successes thought he could guilt trip the tabloids into leaving him alone. Huge mistake. Tabloids are scum, they're taking this as a challenge.

It doesn't help that the Sussexes can't find good representation to save their lives. Everything their spokespeople produce is stupid. That Omid Scobie guy is a fucking idiot. They need some solid American PR company to come in and tell them the basics, like "if the paps lose their shit, ignore it or deal with it entirely behind the scenes" and "release fewer statements that are complaints and more statements that are positive messages" and "spread your projects out, don't clump everything together all at once."

by Anonymousreply 104May 22, 2023 9:50 AM

I admit, when I saw with what unquestioning adoration the American media treated them, it made me wonder about the standard of reporting left in the United States.

The US used to be the HOME of fearless, investigative reporting. "Neither fear nor favour" is all gone now, sadly.

American "reporters" don't do any on-the-ground reporting anymore, and they never give a balanced review of other people's reporting. No wonder Meghan and Harry high-tailed it there. They figured that if they could only get on the right side of certain powerful American media people, they would never again have to deal with negative press.

So now, to see EVEN the lapdog American media turning on them is one reason why this latest stunt seems like a Major Turning Point.

by Anonymousreply 105May 22, 2023 9:52 AM

American media are generally deferential to celebrities. In the UK, you have interviewers like Paxman and Maitliss.

There is some good investigative journalism in the US, but there’s little hope of a true fact-finding interview with a celebrity or of any kind of intellectual analysis of the news.

US media should really leave coverage of the British monarchy to entertainment reporters since that is really the only understanding they have of the institution. When the Queen died, there was endless discussion of her role in colonialism and whether she should have apologised on behalf of the country for this or that. Really idiotic stuff that you would hope would get a bad grade in an 8th-grade civics paper. Most journalists really have no education or intellectual curiosity.

by Anonymousreply 106May 22, 2023 10:19 AM

r104, Let me take this one by one, Harry:

"They never insisted everything was about race. They even dialed back some of their initial comments."

Yes, Yes you did. Everything about your relationship as you presented it to the public has been about race. From the moment you issued that weird "Letter to the media" saying "Don't be racist to my (Italian-looking) new girlfriend that none of you have ever heard of before" She got you to write that, didn't she, Harry? Locked you in nicely.

"Gossip is now almost entirely in the hands of people who obsess over the culture wars, so people like you keep posting constantly, day in and fucking day out, about how Meghan isn't really black, she wears blackface, doesn't look black, all sorts of junk, all completely irrelevant and just examples of certain types of people using entertainment news and gossip as a springboard to push their own rotten agenda."

I know you don't believe in the 1st Am, Harry, but if you want people around you to observe 'Lese Majeste', you've moved to the wrong country. Don't like ppl posting their opinions? Sorry. Also, Meghan doesn't count for "Black" except by the 1% Rule instituted by the American Slavers of the South. I want nothing to do with that rule and am surprised you're promoting it.

"Two things happened here: One, the US media got angry at what they thought was a criticism of some of their own, and yes, they consider tabloid trash their own. This is the country where Jake Tapper repeatedly defended Andy Ngo's lies and propaganda, for fuck's sake. They're going to get real pissed off at a British prince coming here and "maligning the free press," especially since he once said something like "the First Amendment is so weird to me" or whatever it was."

Christ, Harry. Again: The 1st amendment. Let it roll off your fucking back like a MAN.

"And two: Harry apparently freaked out and is probably tired of being attacked by tabloids, like he has been since he was a teenager, and with his recent successes thought he could guilt trip the tabloids into leaving him alone. Huge mistake. Tabloids are scum, they're taking this as a challenge."

Harry, I'm unaware of your recent successes, but I understand why you are freaked out. You married someone who never stops telling you what DANGER she is in, JUST like your MOTHER. That's how she got you to marry her, in part, isn't it? She kept telling you she was being chased and needed Palace security? She was never chased, Harry. She lied. And not just about THAT.

"It doesn't help that the Sussexes can't find good representation to save their lives. Everything their spokespeople produce is stupid. That Omid Scobie guy is a fucking idiot. They need some solid American PR company to come in and tell them the basics, like "if the paps lose their shit, ignore it or deal with it entirely behind the scenes" and "release fewer statements that are complaints and more statements that are positive messages" and "spread your projects out, don't clump everything together all at once.""

Harry, You can't find good reps because everyone in Hollywood is avoiding you. Yes, they're taking you to dinner, but you have gained a terrible reputation in the short time you've been in the US, so they're saying "we'll call you" when they won't - unless you pay a Hideousness Penalty. Also, you have to listen to them. Meghan has terrible PR instincts and you have none at all.

Good luck. You're going to need it.

by Anonymousreply 107May 22, 2023 10:20 AM

[quote]posting constantly, day in and fucking day out, about how Meghan isn't really black, she wears blackface, doesn't look black, all sorts of junk

There is a certain amount of truth to all three of those statements.

by Anonymousreply 108May 22, 2023 10:27 AM

Well, r108, sadly for Meghan's rather recent and convenient "race awakening" after a lifetime of surgeries and hair treatments to make her look white, she really isn't black and does wear bronze to help her "pass" as more "black".

I'll take her seriously "as a black woman" when she stops straightening her hair. That's the test for Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 109May 22, 2023 10:31 AM

How embarrassing, begging celebs to hang out with them

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110May 22, 2023 10:46 AM

r104 makes a fair point, the American media were fine with it when they were criticizing the British media and tabloids, but won't be fine with it if they criticize American press.

I don't think it WAS American tabloids who got all crazy in New York. You don't get that kind of pap behavior in NYC, that's one reason why the statement immediately made people suspicious, and why people doubt what happened or want to blame someone for what went wrong.

by Anonymousreply 111May 22, 2023 10:57 AM

The only people paying for the taxi pictures were American and Continental European news outlets.

America, to where Harry has "fled" from the UK media, and Europe, where the paps are VERY aggressive.

UK IPSOS regulations forbid the UK tabloids from running any photos from the ill-advised, unseatbelted Yellow Taxi stint of their journey.

Harry did this in furthering his effort to try to convince someone in the UK ( the King? The judge?) to prop him up for the International Protected Person status, I am convinced.

IPP status means not only Presidential level security 24/7 worldwide (locally taxpayer-funded), but also diplomatic immunity worldwide, as well as taxpayer-funded travel by chartered private jets and stays in Presidential Suites or the equivalent around the world. Again, all taxpayer-funded.

It would save Harry many millions to have IPP, as well as falsely boosting his "status" to the level to which he'd become accustomed over the course of his life. To say nothing of his wife's expectations.

by Anonymousreply 112May 22, 2023 11:14 AM

R111, the photographer taking photos when the taxi was stopped by the garbage truck had an American accent. There was a British pap yelling at Meghan when the couple was going through the Hertz entrance though and I wonder how they knew to station themselves there.

by Anonymousreply 113May 22, 2023 11:34 AM

Rumor has it that Gayle King wants Meghan Markle as the first guest on her new CNN show with co-host Charles Barkley. The show will be called "King Charles."

Gayle wants to help Markle "rebrand" and focus more on service and philanthropic endeavors. Markle has not made a commitment to appear yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114May 22, 2023 11:47 AM

There's no "rebranding" options left outside of Real Housewives, but try all you want, Gayle.

by Anonymousreply 115May 22, 2023 11:51 AM

Nacho Spilled Haz Removed From Polo Team As Stole His Money To Pay For Private Jet & Horse, Stabling

Harry won't pay for anything; wants everything for free including polo fees and private planes. Nacho thought Harry would attract high rollers to the polo matches. Nothing. The field was empty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116May 22, 2023 12:17 PM

Oh please r114 Smegs would go to an opening of an envelope, she is not turning that down.

by Anonymousreply 117May 22, 2023 12:18 PM

So Harry is the classic 19C-style aristo-cheapskate who expects everyone else in the club to pay for him whil he gambles at the tables?

What a fucking surprise.

by Anonymousreply 118May 22, 2023 12:21 PM

They reek of eau-de-losers.

by Anonymousreply 119May 22, 2023 12:24 PM

Thanks for posting that, r114.

I have no reason to question there's a genuine relationship between King and the Sussexes, but even before you posted that, I wondered why King would offer to Page Six, of all places, her defense.

What you posted at r114 is why.

by Anonymousreply 120May 22, 2023 12:27 PM

Why? r114 Gayle King is a soulless person who wants headlines for herself. She would platform Satan himself if it ment career advancement.

Just as Oprah has done.

by Anonymousreply 121May 22, 2023 12:30 PM

If Gayle King is publicly supporting Harry and Meghan over “Taxigate”, how soon will we be hearing the same from Oprah?

by Anonymousreply 122May 22, 2023 12:53 PM

Gayle King just officially made herself a nonentity. Wait.

by Anonymousreply 123May 22, 2023 1:21 PM

Gayle King & Charles Barkley and they name the show King Charles instead of King & Barkley?? How horribly obnoxious and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 124May 22, 2023 1:46 PM

And King Oprah too. This is is the exit bell.

You think I overstate? JUST. WATCH.

by Anonymousreply 125May 22, 2023 1:48 PM

As seen on Twitter:

“Gayle King - the moral compass”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126May 22, 2023 2:12 PM

Honest question to Meghans fans (which are blocked but will ask anyways): why do you honestly like her??

Ive mentioned this before, I knew Cory Vitiellos circle and some people who worked on Suits. Never met Meghan. But we all knew about her, couldnt act for shit, rude, mean, trying to get cooking shows and books off Cory's back, cheating on Cory (which was confirmed via a tabloid article stating she was messaging UK's Matt Cardle for dates in 2015).

She has no talent, no ass, no tits, no waist, no pleasant personality, no politeness, no grace, no intelligence, no higher education, no real "career" besides Suits. She preys on Harrys anger, paranoia and unresolved Mommy issues.

So tell me WHY do you honestly like a person like this? If Meghan was your work colleague you would hate her fucking guts and be posting about how insufferable she is on DL.

Is it because she is half black? Really? No one in the UK or monarchy honestly gave a shit. Is it not delusional to love a woman who married a rich ginger asshole only because her mum was black?? How about empowering young black girls to get Masters and PhDs, not marrying emotionally damaged insecure mamas boys?

by Anonymousreply 127May 22, 2023 2:26 PM

Maybe she's got Wallis' Legendary Singapore GRIP, r127

by Anonymousreply 128May 22, 2023 2:49 PM

R128 - judging by the fact that Chelsy and Cressida dumped him, it seems his Elizabeth Arden scented todger is grateful for whatever gross pussy it can find.

by Anonymousreply 129May 22, 2023 2:52 PM

Megs is one of the digital media winners of a Gracie Award from the Alliance For Women in Media Foundation. The gala event is tomorrow at the Beverly Wilshire.

Jill Biden will be honored with the Grand Award.

Will the duchess overcome her trauma to attend?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130May 22, 2023 2:54 PM

He just wants his Mother, r129, The sharpshooter grifter and her expert grifter mother worked it out early that he just Wants His Mummy, and decided to torture him with it until they get Enough Money.

by Anonymousreply 131May 22, 2023 2:57 PM

I don’t quite understand how she’s getting these awards. I’m assuming she’s paying for them in some fashion. Is this an actual “thing”?

by Anonymousreply 132May 22, 2023 2:58 PM

She's buying them, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 133May 22, 2023 3:01 PM

R132, the events she goes to are fundraising events. One of the standard tricks in fundraising is to “honer” someone who can afford to make a generous donation to the organization. In return, the donor gets to headline the event and make a speech.

by Anonymousreply 134May 22, 2023 3:05 PM

R127, I find Markle unlikable.

Still, she does have “higher education”. An undergraduate degree from Northwestern isn’t chicken-feed.

While Northwestern isn’t an Ivy (and Northwestern grads don’t give a shit that it isn’t) it’s a top tier university.

by Anonymousreply 135May 22, 2023 3:10 PM

You like her because she went to Northwestern, r135?

It's really not THAT great a college.

Strange.

by Anonymousreply 136May 22, 2023 3:13 PM

R135 her major was Communications which at Northwestern is Showbiz 101.

by Anonymousreply 137May 22, 2023 3:34 PM

R136 - R135 clearly stated he finds Markle unlikable, as in he doesn't like her.

by Anonymousreply 138May 22, 2023 3:36 PM

I’m not the original responder but Northwestern is higher education and a great school. What Meghan doesn’t have is higher intelligence. She stopped growing mentally in HS it seems.

by Anonymousreply 139May 22, 2023 3:57 PM

I don't think her intelligence is an issue -- it's probably fine (average or perhaps above average). It's her narcissistic personality disorder that affects her thinking and, therefore, her behavior. Harry, however, appears to have low average intelligence. That and his extreme emotional needs have led him to behave as he has.

by Anonymousreply 140May 22, 2023 4:01 PM

Every step they take demonstrates how utterly devoid they are not only of self-awareness, but the ability to read the room farther out than the ends of their noses.

It's bad enough the award itself was something of a joke, but whatever significance it could have had was drowned out by a transparent stunt intended to raise the Ghost of Diana and persuade the Home Office back in Old Blighty that they had to change laws and set alarming precedents because Harry is just sooooo important and in sooooo much danger!

Instead, with their usual hamfisted approach to what Harry contemptuously refers to in his memoir, "so called 'objective reality'".

The thing about objective reality is that it has a habit of coming round to bite the unwary on the arse.

The incident was a car crash, just not the "nearly" one that the Sussex PR (none of whom, clearly, had the vaguest notion of traffic in midtown Manhattan (average speed: 4.7mph) or that the NYPD doesn't kneel before foreign royalty (especially ones this far down the line - all right, they made Lexington Avenue run north instead of south once, but that was so the Queen (RIP) could get out of the pavement side of the limo to visit Bloomingdales), or that their attempt to spin straw into gold was so obvious it could be seen from Outer Space.

They never learn, they never stop, they never change.

And that's why they are so bloody unlikable.

by Anonymousreply 141May 22, 2023 4:22 PM

She has got to be bored with Harry since the sex has most likely cooled off. He just seems like such an immature simpleton with no sense of reality outside the bubble he has lived in.

by Anonymousreply 142May 22, 2023 4:24 PM

I mean, these are the genius strategists that thought nothing of directly antagonizing the two immediate heirs to the throne.

"As long as we talk about how great Granny is, we'll be fine! It's not as though she's in her mid-90s and is, by all laws of nature, running on borrowed time!"

by Anonymousreply 143May 22, 2023 4:27 PM

It’s amazing that no one from her life with former husband Trevor Engelson or boyfriend Cory Vitiello has accepted money from the tabloids, TMZ, etc. to dish the dirt on Meghan.

You just know they’ve been approached for years.

by Anonymousreply 144May 22, 2023 4:34 PM

Gayle King is licking Meghan's taint because allegedly she wants Harry and Meghan to be her first interviews for her new CNN show.

by Anonymousreply 145May 22, 2023 6:47 PM

Are CNNs ratings problems that bad they think Gayle King is the answer??

by Anonymousreply 146May 22, 2023 7:46 PM

I assume “Glo” will join the long list of people who won’t return their calls. By degrading herself to associate with them, Steinem and her silly award got in the news for a bit, but then it was all overshadowed by the Sussex’s Jackassery on the way home.

by Anonymousreply 147May 22, 2023 7:50 PM

CBS Morning News' ratings are terrible so hiring Gayle King looks absolutely desperate. Charles Barkley's on TV 24 hours a day so I don't see why anybody would tune in to see him. Chris Licht has totally fucked up CNN.

by Anonymousreply 148May 22, 2023 7:53 PM

"Barking" makes much more sense than the vulgar attempt to grab attention with "King Charles"...

by Anonymousreply 149May 22, 2023 7:58 PM

I wonder if they'll give Gayle King an interview. The only reason they may be hesitating is that Gayle will want some Royal trashing and Harry has pretty much alienated himself from all Royals except his dad (who feels sorry for him) and Andrew's daughter. One more interview and even the relationship with his dad will be done.

by Anonymousreply 150May 22, 2023 8:28 PM

Harry should be alienated from both Andrew's daughters as they went out to a fun lunch with Piers Morgan the other day.

by Anonymousreply 151May 22, 2023 8:30 PM

R145, An interview with Harry and Meghan on CNN would not be a ratings winner for Gayle Winfrey King.

Trump’s CNN Town Hall only garnered 3.9 million viewers.

Compare that to when Barbara Walters interviewed Monica Lewinsky with a viewership of 48 million.

by Anonymousreply 152May 22, 2023 8:33 PM

People are fed up with Harry and Meghan's whining and lies. They've shot their wad.

by Anonymousreply 153May 22, 2023 8:34 PM

Gayle's team is in talks with Meghan to do an interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154May 22, 2023 9:02 PM

Gayle King is so C+ list. Must be galling for Meghan she can only get Oprah's gofer interested in her lies.

by Anonymousreply 155May 22, 2023 9:05 PM

There was an article about Earl Spencer in Daily Mail I think. He highlighted his tumultuous marital career and how he mistreated all his wives and children. He didn't bother to go to the weddings of his two eldest daughters. They also had a note he wrote his sister Diana when she had asked for a bolt-hole at Althorp to get away from the media, no doubt to cavort with some boyfriends away from the paps.

He sent her the nastiest note about her 'mental problems'. He's a real piece of work. What a hypocrite to have made that speech at her funeral.

by Anonymousreply 156May 22, 2023 9:18 PM

They are the gift that keeps on giving. More !

by Anonymousreply 157May 22, 2023 10:51 PM

Well, she did have mental problems —but his response to her reeks of the pot calling the kettle black. And yes, his sanctimonious speech at her funeral must have infuriated the Queen big time.

by Anonymousreply 158May 22, 2023 10:51 PM

He also sneered at Diana in that note that he got along a lot better with his 2 other sisters.

by Anonymousreply 159May 22, 2023 11:30 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160May 22, 2023 11:49 PM

^R150 Charles booted them out of Frogmore Cottage, refused to "apologise", and had his staff work out the details of Harry's attendance at the coronation. Anne was placed in front of Harry with a tall red feathered military cap that blocked out Harry's face. Harry sat with Jack Brooksbank and, no aristo hubby of 10th in line Eugenie.

If Charles hasn't really been at all kind to Harry, with the sole exception of leaving him the Sussex title. After Harry's remarks about Camilla, Harry can whistle for any sympathy from Papa.

There are two bills wending their way through Parliament right now. One is aimed expressly at the Sussexes, which will probably die a natural death. But the other one names no one in particular but is aimed at restoring to the Sovereign the right to remove a title without needing Parliament's discussion and approval. This one has made it through everything except a final read in the House. Watch this space.

The voices behind the throne now are Camilla's, William's, and through William, Kate's.

And none of those voices are on Harry's side.

Did anyone else notice how incredibly old Charles looked arriving at the Chelsea Flower Show today? Scroll down the DM article - he looks like his father at 90.

How bloody stupid were the Sussexes to make lifelong enemies of William and Kate.

by Anonymousreply 161May 22, 2023 11:53 PM

By the by, the decision on Harry's application to the High Court to force a Judicial Review of the Home Office's decision on his need for 24/7 armed police protection via RAVEC is to be handed down tomorrow. Mind, this doesn't mean the decision is overturned if the Court agrees, only that it gets Judicial Review and goes from there.

As parties to these cases are informed of the decision before they are published, Harry must have known the outcome at the time of the NEARLY CATASTROPHIC TWO HOUR CAR CHASE AROUND MANHATTAN!

I can't figure out from Harry's expression whether he carried out the car chase stunt to reinforce a YES decision by the court, or to show the court how wrong it was to say NO.

I suppose we'll find out tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 162May 22, 2023 11:58 PM

So this ^ and the Gracie Award tomorrow? Another banner day for the Sussexes.

by Anonymousreply 163May 23, 2023 12:08 AM

So they just accept awards now? For what? smdh

by Anonymousreply 164May 23, 2023 12:12 AM

‘This is the beginning of the end.’

Reports claim Prince Harry is staying alone in hotels as a result of his romance with Meghan Markle ‘stalling’, royal expert Kara Kennedy says it was inevitable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165May 23, 2023 1:23 AM

R156, Still, his eulogy for Diana, Ted Kennedy’s for RFK and Patti Davis’ for Nancy Reagan are the three best I’ve ever heard.

by Anonymousreply 166May 23, 2023 1:53 AM

R161, Charles will not live anywhere near as long as his parents.

by Anonymousreply 167May 23, 2023 1:55 AM

I really want to know what he's doing in a hotel so often that they have a standing room aside for him. Like usually when a married man books a hotel room away from the wife and kids its to bang hookers. I actually don't think Harry has that in him so he just goes there watches tv orders room service and feels sad for himself?

by Anonymousreply 168May 23, 2023 2:30 AM

He stays on UK time and plays video games all night

by Anonymousreply 169May 23, 2023 2:40 AM

r169 They could put a shed in the garden for him to do that

by Anonymousreply 170May 23, 2023 2:44 AM

The hotel’s in LA, right? Maybe coke is easier (to get and to consume) in LA than sneaking it in the rescue chicken coop.

by Anonymousreply 171May 23, 2023 2:56 AM

I thought it was near Montecito?

by Anonymousreply 172May 23, 2023 3:05 AM

You all are right. She did get a pretty good degree in Communications from Northwestern, but her terrible word salad speeches are baffling. Maybe she was one of those people who coasted through their Bachelors degrees with a C-average.

Im curious what happened after they got home after being "relentlessly chased". Did Harry tuck his kids into bed, then go to his room and weep over a photo of Diana? Did he take out the blue box of hair and cradle it? Did he take the hair out of the box, touch and smell it? Does he stare at it longingly while Meghan rolls her eyes again and escapes to the bathroom to swallow some extra Ozempic?

by Anonymousreply 173May 23, 2023 3:06 AM

[quote] PRINCE Harry has a room set aside in a luxury hotel where he stays on his own near his California home, it is claimed.

[quote] And he has another escape place in LA where he works out and can stay in exclusive bungalows.

r171 r172 You were both kind of right. Apparently Harry's house lacks both a gym and a man cave

by Anonymousreply 174May 23, 2023 3:12 AM

r174 He surely has enough money for a home gym?

by Anonymousreply 175May 23, 2023 3:27 AM

LAs for golddigging whores. She shouldn't have paraded her damaged, gullible, slippery bag around that town.

Re: Meghan and NW, four words that ALWAYS apply to her that she has yet to realize and adjust for - "lowered barrier to entry".

by Anonymousreply 176May 23, 2023 3:30 AM

r173 Omid Scobie claims that they both stayed up all night finding pictures of "the chase" online.

Can you fucking imagine?

by Anonymousreply 177May 23, 2023 3:41 AM

LOL of course they did! They had to see how it was playing out in the media. Imagine the shrieking when they realized that many people weren't buying their BS

by Anonymousreply 178May 23, 2023 3:50 AM

Poor Meghan, she has to pretend that she agrees with Harry on everything otherwise she fears he will divorce her. Of course, she will divorce him at some point but she still needs him for a few more years. She must be screaming inside at having to go along with his bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 179May 23, 2023 8:32 AM

r179 I don't feel sorry for her, it's a case of be careful what you wish for. She wanted to get him away from everybody else and now she finds she is stuck with an immature dullard.

by Anonymousreply 180May 23, 2023 8:36 AM

R177, apparently what happened was that they believed that their being stuck in traffic for a few hours would, naturally, make the news, and spent all night waiting for it to happen. When it didn’t, they released their hyped-up statement about their “near catastrophe.”

by Anonymousreply 181May 23, 2023 8:37 AM

The NYPD confirmed that they told them to switch to a taxi and also that paps were chasing them, even if it was at very slow speed, so no, this wasn't just "they wanted attention."

Their statement came out AFTER the Daily Express and Daily Mail published those photos, so it's not like no one noticed what happened. Tabloids noticed and published the pics and THEN they put out the statement.

by Anonymousreply 182May 23, 2023 8:45 AM

R182, but they were not being noticed I the United States. No one cared here.

by Anonymousreply 183May 23, 2023 8:48 AM

Apparently, Harry's lost one of his (many!) Court cases - the Metropolitan police protection case. I'm just waiting for the media to catch up, then I'll link to an article.

by Anonymousreply 184May 23, 2023 9:43 AM

[quote] Apparently, Harry's lost one of his (many!) Court cases - the Metropolitan police protection case. I'm just waiting for the media to catch up, then I'll link to an article.

This is entirely unsurprising. He was essentially asking to be allowed to privately employ the UK equivalent of the Secret Service. These people do not train for years just to babysit a drug-addled wannabe self-help guru and his famewhore narcissist spouse, who want to drag the RF and the UK through the mud for their own financial benefit.

by Anonymousreply 185May 23, 2023 9:59 AM

R182, please cite your reference. I've read a number of articles about the so-called chase and nowhere is there any report of the NYPD recommendation for the group to switch to a taxi.

The NYPD report was the paparazzi following H&M's entourage were "challenging" but that they had no reports of all the problems that H&M announced.

by Anonymousreply 186May 23, 2023 10:58 AM

The best part of this? The Sussexes just handed Trey Parker and Matt Stone the entire plot for another episode of South Park from their entrance by Hertz to the trio in the taxi with Harry filming and Doria nodding off as Meghan beams in the center. Apparently, it didn’t occur to them as Meghan crafted that press release. Didn’t anyone around them tell them if they couldn't figure it out themselves? Somebody had to right? And supposedly Meghan was "upset and overwhelmed" by the episode.

How many foot bullets and own goals can these yokels score?!

by Anonymousreply 187May 23, 2023 11:16 AM

^I forgot to mention that the absolute last thing Meghan should do is go on Gayle King and Charles Barkley's new show to talk about the incident. That would be the icing on the cake.

by Anonymousreply 188May 23, 2023 11:41 AM

I really hope she does, R188. That would be hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 189May 23, 2023 11:49 AM

They really, really, need to go quiet now and stay that way for a while. This latest stunt has made even those who didn't care about them one way or the other sit up and take notice of their propensity for lying and for generating unnecessary and weird dramas.

by Anonymousreply 190May 23, 2023 11:50 AM

Bring on the icing I say…

by Anonymousreply 191May 23, 2023 11:50 AM

What r190 said.

by Anonymousreply 192May 23, 2023 11:53 AM

They can't go away just yet. Meghan has yet another award to pick up this week, doesn't she? Some "women in media" award in Beverley Hills. Jill Biden is the grand honoree. Can't wait to see how they'll muck that up. Maybe Harry will corner the FLOTUS and tell her Meghan would make a great WH intern.

Yes, icing please. Big dollops of it.

by Anonymousreply 193May 23, 2023 12:04 PM

R9 Wow, I wouldn't have thought that the NYPD is so frank. I still sense a Jussie Smollet move there. I cannot believe that several cars chase a van with a security detail bigger than the pope's.

by Anonymousreply 194May 23, 2023 12:15 PM

[quote] Maybe Harry will corner the FLOTUS and tell her Meghan would make a great WH intern.

Intern? INTERN??? Harry will inform Mrs Biden that I am willing to perform her duties as FLOTUS until her husband vacates the Oval Office when I am elected President by acclamation next year.

I’m ok with that.

by Anonymousreply 195May 23, 2023 12:15 PM

R170 a shed in the garden is too close to the wife. He also decamps to a San Fran apartment for his mental health monetization scheme, so he has lots of choices.

by Anonymousreply 196May 23, 2023 12:21 PM

R193, Will Joe’s people want Jill to pose with Meghan?

Sometimes photos can come back to haunt you when you’re the FLOTUS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197May 23, 2023 12:27 PM

I just realized something that would keep Meghan off King's show. It's a *live* show. I read a Variety or Deadline article about it. Barkley went on about the exciting aspects of live TV. I don't think Meghan would consent to a live interview and the show would look bad if they agreed to a taped one. I'm sure she'd demand it. Also, I think Barkley might be tough on her.

by Anonymousreply 198May 23, 2023 12:45 PM

Fun fact: Not only has Harry lost the UK security case, but now he's also going to have to pay the UK gov't's related legal costs.

by Anonymousreply 199May 23, 2023 1:17 PM

Harry has lost his attempt to bring a second High Court challenge against the Home Office over his security when he visits the UK.

by Anonymousreply 200May 23, 2023 1:34 PM

It doesn't look well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201May 23, 2023 1:49 PM

I can’t help but wonder what would have happened if the “catastrophic” incident had occurred during the de Blasio administration.

I’m betting cops would have been suspended, flowery apologies issued to the aggrieved Harkles, keys to the city given out, and the like.

After all, de Blasio’s wife Chirlane McCray is no stranger to the grift herself.

Cue the accusations of my being racist, a Klan Granny, a Trumper…

by Anonymousreply 202May 23, 2023 4:01 PM

This could be our generation's "Mommy Dearest." Seriously though, if these two want to have any hope of longer-term success, they need to move on from the royals and find something new.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203May 23, 2023 5:14 PM

As expected, Harry's case against the Home Office to pay for his security has been thrown out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204May 23, 2023 5:16 PM

Please let Meghan play herself!!

by Anonymousreply 205May 23, 2023 5:20 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Harry losing this case means he not only has to cover his own legal costs but he Home Office's as well.

by Anonymousreply 206May 23, 2023 5:21 PM

All the time The Duchess of Edinburgh is in Baghdad representing the UK at the request of the Foreign Office. Bringing attention to charties acting for women in conflict,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207May 23, 2023 6:28 PM

R206 yep. But Harry's gonna keep suing anybody he thinks isn't giving him the reverence he deserves into bankruptcy.

by Anonymousreply 208May 23, 2023 7:00 PM

That bitch isn't getting an award though is she? But I am! MEEEE!!! Suck it peasants!

by Anonymousreply 209May 23, 2023 7:23 PM

I'm a bit confused. Has he lost TWO cases as R200 suggests? Or are folks shitposting the first judgement and counting it twice?

by Anonymousreply 210May 23, 2023 7:30 PM

I’m so over these two dumb cunts. I had been giving them the benefit of the doubt considering how racist the monarchy is, but this fake car chase stunt was in such monstrously poor taste considering what happened to Diana.

They’re the fucking worst.

by Anonymousreply 211May 23, 2023 8:02 PM

How the hell can Harry afford to have a permanent suite in an expensive LA hotel AND an apartment in SF? And why would he spend that kind of money in California, and the rent from fucking Hertz in NY, jnstead of gett I ng a limo?

Unless, color me shocked, some bitch made all that up?

by Anonymousreply 212May 24, 2023 2:32 AM

R207 The Duchess of Edinburgh is a wonder! Don't now how Sophie can find the time to murder great grand mothers. Unlike Meghan she just cares enough to make time. She's a treasure that one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213May 24, 2023 2:44 AM

R211 Hon the only thing you've given the benefit of the doubt to is MEATliquor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214May 24, 2023 2:49 AM

R213 Godsend Harry & Megan didn't have Sophie's British royal security in NYC during their "chase". The body count would have been catastrophic. Yank bodyguards know their stuff.

by Anonymousreply 215May 24, 2023 3:21 AM

Tell us again how its all about Harry & Meghan recklessly endangering lives. Royalass are beyond ridiculous they're pathetic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216May 24, 2023 4:50 AM

^ Actually because it was probably some Royalist biddy I'm ok with it.

by Anonymousreply 217May 24, 2023 4:51 AM

Two people were struck and killed by RFK’s funeral train.

Accidents happen.

by Anonymousreply 218May 24, 2023 4:59 AM

R217 is one of the Meghan supporters who, along with their leader, will save the world "one act of compassion at a time".

by Anonymousreply 219May 24, 2023 5:01 AM

The twit at r216, etc. doesn't seem to realise that it's the police who accidentally knocked over that lady on a dangerous turning where there are frequent accidents that Harry wants to hire.

Please explain to us, r216, etc. just why Harry is battling the British government in order to be able to hire such reckless police protection.

by Anonymousreply 220May 24, 2023 6:08 AM

Meghan either avoided or was encouraged not to attend the awards ceremony she was expected at tonight.

It was another bought award, of course, but it was from a far, far, FAR more glam org than the Ms. Foundation. The Gracies regularly have proper celebs. also, it is in LA, so no worries about being "near-catastrophically" chased.

I wonder what went wrong?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221May 24, 2023 7:28 AM

Meghan Markle SNUBS Gracie Awards for 'not being centre of attention' | Kinsey Schofield

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222May 24, 2023 7:38 AM

The list of winners is huge and has quite a few genuine stars as well as the "no names" who labor behind the scenes. The thing that ties these women together is that they are professionals with a track record of genuine accomplishments in their respective fields; it's an environment where she wouldn't be the center of attention. Worse, though IMO, is that among all of these intelligent and accomplished women, Meghan would be threatened and clearly out of her depth.

by Anonymousreply 223May 24, 2023 8:00 AM

I just felt it was important to update you all on the Removal of Titles bill, which is still winding it's way through Parliament.

The bill will get second reading in the House of Commons.... on November 23rd. "The House is currently not expected to sit on this day and the Bill is therefore not expected to be taken."

So.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224May 24, 2023 8:59 AM

Oh how funny it would be if Meghan couldn’t use her title. “I married this idiot and didn’t even get a title out of it”.

by Anonymousreply 225May 24, 2023 10:52 AM

Was Meghan upset to find out that Cleo was actually a white,red-haired and blue-eyed Greek?

Poor Smegs.

by Anonymousreply 226May 24, 2023 10:55 AM

The ONLY thing Meghan wants is a MOTORCADE, and perpetual deference.

by Anonymousreply 227May 24, 2023 12:06 PM

Sophie's motorcade kills someone and the media doesn't say anything about it beyond a few stilted articles. Harry freaks out more than he should at a paparazzi incident and it's a week of constant media attacks. It's obvious what's going on but the haters and conspiracists love it so much that they don't care that everyone else has figured out what they're up to.

by Anonymousreply 228May 24, 2023 12:12 PM

Are you joking, r228?

I swear you Megstans are GHOULS, desperate for anything - even an innocent old lady!

Leave that lady alone!

by Anonymousreply 229May 24, 2023 12:41 PM

Of course it was a tragic accident, however when Sophie, The Duchess of Edinburgh, is on official government sanctioned business when she travels in a motorcade as a working Royal.

Meghan and Harry were out in Manhattan sucking the teat of celebrity, to pick up an award of no merit, in a futile attempt to become relevant to any one.

by Anonymousreply 230May 24, 2023 12:42 PM

The Megstans are SO desperate.

It's nothing short of DELICIOUS.

by Anonymousreply 231May 24, 2023 12:53 PM

They are now, R231. Their idols have been smashed by their own behavior.

Nice to see that their desperation matches that of the Harkles'

by Anonymousreply 232May 24, 2023 12:56 PM

R211 You seem a little upset, having problems at school?

by Anonymousreply 233May 24, 2023 1:00 PM

R231 I agree, they are right up there with the Whacko Jacko nutters. I wonder what they look like and how they behave in real life?

by Anonymousreply 234May 24, 2023 1:05 PM

Why would Smughen get an award for a podcast where she talked mostly about herself?

by Anonymousreply 235May 24, 2023 2:19 PM

It's okay if you mow down an elderly woman if you're a working royal, but if you freak out about the paparazzi when you're just a celebrity, it's worse, even if no one gets hurt? Got it. Very logical. You're such a smart person.

by Anonymousreply 236May 24, 2023 2:20 PM

Duchess of Edinburgh has blood on her hat.!The peasants are revolting ! Eghads!

Her son says: "Ordinary people should not be expendable to protect the chosen few. They need to change the way they go about these escorting duties."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237May 24, 2023 3:20 PM

R231 Use more caps . They're SO BIG! Like you Tiny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238May 24, 2023 3:24 PM

R237 Silly American. Does not understand that unlike Harold and Maggot .Her Highness Duchess Sophie is a WORKING Royal. She is allowed to commit vehicular manslaughter while she is performing her royal DUTIES. That is why we taxpayers pay for her insurance. Out of the goodness of his heart King Charles will provide this wretch with a decent Church of England burial. If her brat plays his cards right his Great Gran may even get a stone.

by Anonymousreply 239May 24, 2023 3:32 PM

I would consider it an honor to be killed by one of my betters.

by Anonymousreply 240May 24, 2023 3:33 PM

Palace spokesman have just announced that the family of the unfortunate victim of the Duchess of Edinburgh's motorcade mishap will receive FREE PIZZAS FOR LIFE! DELIVERY INCLUDED! NO TIP REQUIRED!

I'm getting teary gals.😢

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241May 24, 2023 3:46 PM

R38 I used to defend these thots but I think you may have nicely summed things up.

by Anonymousreply 242May 24, 2023 3:51 PM

r236 Total non sequiter and a malicious desperate one at that.

by Anonymousreply 243May 24, 2023 4:42 PM

R236 It was a tragic accident. It's not like Sophie got behind the wheel, hit the gas, and mowed the poor woman down. Also, the Palace quickly acknowledged the events and respected the family's privacy. It's understood Sophie has been in contact with the family over the past several days. Also, in fairness we don't know all the details about the event. There have been some suggestions that the woman cut across the road rather than use a crosswalk.

The Sussexes went to an event where the papz were expected and then released an exaggerated statement that they're being mocked for. If Sophie was driving her car in the middle of a seniors home and then released a statement saying "these old people came out of nowhere," then it would be more of a like meets like situation.

by Anonymousreply 244May 24, 2023 4:51 PM

R244 In "fairness" you're an apologist loon doll.

by Anonymousreply 245May 24, 2023 5:27 PM

"I used to defend these thots .."

R242 The only thing you've "defended" is your drumstick ,Tiny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246May 24, 2023 5:40 PM

I've seen pics and posts of Sussex loons. let's just say plump and dumb

by Anonymousreply 247May 24, 2023 5:58 PM

OMG the latest insanity for Newsweek which openly indulges in Harry and Meghan's fart air. if I were Kanuf, I'd sue for slander.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248May 24, 2023 6:29 PM

I wouldn't give the slow people oxygen.

by Anonymousreply 249May 24, 2023 10:28 PM

Why do the KGT people keep posting photos of themselves?

And why God why those photos?

Not smart. People will recognize them.

by Anonymousreply 250May 25, 2023 2:39 AM

KGT is a sicko, they make feeder videos

by Anonymousreply 251May 25, 2023 3:10 AM

Alleged reports Prince Harry has contacted divorce lawyers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252May 28, 2023 1:27 PM

If the divorce rumors are true (and who knows), Harry better hope he can re-establish some contact with his family to collect whatever dirt MI5 assembled in the lead up to the Sussex marriage.

Otherwise, given his stunning stupidity at exposing his past behavior and drug use, he will be in dire straits in any custody battle.

So, if the children are biologically his and not biologically hers, would he be able to claim full custody?

by Anonymousreply 253May 28, 2023 11:09 PM

He doesn't want those kids - no great loss to him. She only wants them for the $$$ and to twist the knife at him where-ever possible.

by Anonymousreply 254May 28, 2023 11:21 PM

She thought she was going to have these gorgeous biracial babies, instead they both look like Pa Markle and sister Sam.

He thought having children would make his life complete, then found out he was still empty.

Those poor kids raised by those two messed up people.

by Anonymousreply 255May 28, 2023 11:26 PM

R253 From a few pix I've seen, especially of the boy, he looks like her. Short curly dark hair, dark eyes.

The girl, more like him - but I'm not sure I've seen genuine photos of her. I have a feeling she might have photoshopped little red haired Lilibet.

Not to contribute to the conspiracy folk, I couldn't care less who "carried" the babies - but they could have used an embryo with her egg, so it would still have her genetics. I'm pretty sure that's how it's done, unless the mother's too old or IVF doesn't work. Especially narcissists want their own DNA passed on as a gift to the future (see Elon).

by Anonymousreply 256May 29, 2023 2:40 AM

Oh, I'm sure the children both carry royal DNA! Meg may not be a great brain but she wouldn't be stupid enough to get pregnant by someone poor, not when she could have King Charles's grandchildren and King William's niece and nephew! So you can bet your 401K that however she produced those two kids, she used Harry's sperm and nobody else's.

Now I'll believe the divorce rumors when I hear an official announcement, but if it is for real then I expect Harry to ask for joint custody. I share the doubts above about his dedication to fatherhood, he strikes me as stupid and self-centered enough to think that since the children didn't make him happy he isn't obligated to finish bringing them up, but Charles will want him to have partial custody. And Harry will be fucked in divorce court if he doesn't get help from Charles and the BRF, and Charles won't want his idiot son to embarass the family any more than can be helped. And he probably wants to see his grandchildren.

by Anonymousreply 257May 29, 2023 4:03 AM

I don't know... it doesn't seem to me like Charles has tried very hard to see those children. And he has quite a lot on his plate and doesn't look all that healthy. I wouldn't be surprised if he's sort of written them off. Remember when he quickly changed the royal website to show William's children's new titles and status. For some reason, there was a hell of a delay with Harry's -- why? Was he considering stripping them of their titles? If not, why not change all the grandchildren's entries at the same time?

by Anonymousreply 258May 29, 2023 5:04 AM

"I don't know... it doesn't seem to me like Charles has tried very hard to see those children."

I've never heard of him ever meeting his grandchildren by Harry, and that can't have been his own idea. I would guess that Harry and/or Meg have been keeping the kids away from him out of spite, stupidity, or they've been trying to use access to the kids as leverage. And if Meg signed off on that she's even dumber than I think she is, any good social climber would have been shoving the kids into Charles's and Uncle William's faces at every opportunity, and trying to make their kids into the BFFs of the little Waleses!

But as it is, they've kept the kids away and Charles is far closer to his other grandchildren, and the filthy rich old king can't miss them much as he's never been given the chance to get attached to Archie and Lili.

by Anonymousreply 259May 29, 2023 5:21 AM

When and how do you imagine Charles is supposed to have had the opportunity to see the Sussex kids? All those many visits that Harry and Meghan made with the kids? Oh, wait...

by Anonymousreply 260May 29, 2023 5:49 AM

It seems to be assumed that all grandparents desire a relationship with their grandchildren.

Guess again.

by Anonymousreply 261May 29, 2023 11:51 AM

r258 Because they were leaving it up to the parents to announce their decision to utilise/take yup those titles and they were surprised the parents didn't announce it in September shortly after the Queen died bit they weren't going to amend and update the website until the parents had publicly indicated they were taling up the titles on their children's behalf. As soon as the parents confirmed it in 2023 the website was updated. They were respecting the parents autonomy and rights. No conspiracy.

by Anonymousreply 262May 29, 2023 12:16 PM

R261, Sometimes it’s complicated.

by Anonymousreply 263May 29, 2023 12:30 PM

It's true, R261. Unfortunately their children don't seem to feel that way, having decided the grandchildren will be kept far away from them and the rest of their family.

by Anonymousreply 264May 29, 2023 1:49 PM

Completely agree that it's Harry's and Meghan's decision to keep the kids away. They have the time and resources to travel to the UK often, and while they're with the royals, they get the armed police protection they're so obsessed with. People make fun of Harry for being an idiot, but Meghan's decisions to date have not shown her to be particularly intelligent. Sure, she's manipulative and a user. But a smarter manipulator would have made more cunning moves. She just thinks that she's more intelligent than Harry.

by Anonymousreply 265May 29, 2023 3:26 PM

Meghan is also vindictive. Keeping the kids away is a method to punish Harry's family for not giving in to her whims.

by Anonymousreply 266May 29, 2023 3:37 PM

Doesn't seem to be working, though, R266. When most people do something that doesn't work, they then do something different in the hopes that it will.

The two of them just double down, like claiming to be shocked when everyone's laughing at their cockamamie chase story, instead of being silent.

They will not be silenced, even when silence would be to their benefit.

by Anonymousreply 267May 29, 2023 3:51 PM

She is extremely damaged and cannot herself handle mingling wirh his family. Charles and William should and probably have written the children off as long as Markle is alive. Have a fun life in Cali you all.

by Anonymousreply 268May 29, 2023 3:52 PM

"The grandchildren continue to build their lives overseas."

by Anonymousreply 269May 29, 2023 3:53 PM

It must drive Harry crazy that their tactic of withholding the kids isn't working and, if anything, may have helped strengthen Charles' relationship with Camilla's grandchildren, which is said to be close.

by Anonymousreply 270May 29, 2023 3:55 PM

KC3 has a full life, and is not sitting around yearning for kids trained by Markle.

by Anonymousreply 271May 29, 2023 4:09 PM

[quote]She just thinks that she's more intelligent than Harry.

I have no doubt she is, but that's a low bar.

by Anonymousreply 272May 29, 2023 4:09 PM

R261, I absolutely assume that Charles wants a relationship with his grandchildren, if only for the look of the thing! But also because royal life forces a weird isolation into the people who are born into it, one where family members are the only one who understand, and intra-familial relationships are a primary social and supportive outlet. And if Meg had any talent for social climbing she'd have realized that and used it to her advantage, but she doesn't. She's crap at social climbing - she made it to the social apex and was so lost while there that she literally dragged Harry down to her social level!

But IMHO Harry and Meg are doing what a hell of a lot of people their age are doing, mindfucking their parents and parents-in-law by withholding access to grandchildren. It's incredibly common among millennials, half my older co-workers have stories about adult children who cut off access to grandchildren because they're demanding money, or because of petty arguments. And Harry and Meg are doing the same damn thing - being mean and petty and not thinking of the children's best interests, and yes, a good relationship with a filthy rich and non-abusive grandpa IS in the children's best interests.

by Anonymousreply 273May 29, 2023 5:17 PM

Early on, Markle pinned her flag to the "racist" mast and to be seen allowing her children to associate with anyone in the BRF, particularly Charles (and his wife Camilla) would reveal that her claims were questionable, at best.

Also she is not at all interested in the UK. IMHO, she never was.

DL claimed all along that returning to California with Harry in tow was her goal. Trouble is that Hollywood is home to narcissists galore, much smarter and more powerful than Harry's wife. The supposed claim when they headed there that she only wanted to work with "A List Directors" caused some to ask themselves if she foolishly thought other bona fide Hollywood A listers were going to just step aside for her?

As if.

It clearly is not working out as her master plan expected.

by Anonymousreply 274May 29, 2023 6:29 PM

R211, how is the BRF racist? They welcomed Markle into the fold with open arms. Don't you remember Harry saying, quite tactlessly for her parents, that his family would be "the family she never had"?

Also, there was this marriage long before Markle came onto the scene:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275May 29, 2023 10:48 PM

R275 The Queen and Phillip loved Gary, and he was often seen on the Balcony.

by Anonymousreply 276May 29, 2023 10:56 PM

It's gone very quiet from New York authorities about this. They said they were investigating. Will they ever say anymore about it in public?

by Anonymousreply 277June 13, 2023 6:28 PM

R277, the police have said that there will be no further investigation. It’s noted near the bottom of this article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278June 13, 2023 6:33 PM

r278. Thanks. I thought there was an investigation as they said they handed their footage to the authorities? Anyway this just reconfirms that the whole incident was BS.

by Anonymousreply 279June 13, 2023 7:16 PM

An investigation into what, r279?

by Anonymousreply 280June 13, 2023 11:03 PM

Their claims they were nearly chased to death in a near catastrophic accident over the space of 2 hours in New York r280

by Anonymousreply 281June 14, 2023 1:17 AM

R280 just awoke from a coma.

by Anonymousreply 282June 14, 2023 1:29 AM

My but that story disappeared asap ! I wonder really,do they ever get embarrassed?

by Anonymousreply 283June 15, 2023 5:45 PM

Your question, R283, answers itself.

They do, daily, for the world to see. And everyone but their Stans sees them doing it.

Unsurprising, as they keep posting snapshots of themselves eating.

by Anonymousreply 284June 15, 2023 6:53 PM

You are talking about people who merched a wreath at a funeral. Embarrassment, or taste, is something neither of them is acquainted with.

by Anonymousreply 285June 15, 2023 6:57 PM

[quote] Embarrassment, or taste, is something neither of them is acquainted with.

Absolutely. And it’s fascinating to see how low The Harkles go. They’ve even plumbed depths unknown to the bottom-barreling Kardashians.

And Megsie (and her handbag), splash and whip those meaningless titles everywhere: it’s become hilarious.

Hoping South Park comes up with further episodes. A comedy goldmine waiting to happen.

by Anonymousreply 286June 15, 2023 7:56 PM

Harry is starting to embarrass Megs like Kanye did to Kim

by Anonymousreply 287June 15, 2023 8:34 PM

Can anything embarrass Megs?

She's not ashamed of all the people she ghosted, nor the rescue dog she used to drop Ellen's name in the pre-Dimbo years.

She's married to a completely dimwitted (and ugly) tard.

I say no.

by Anonymousreply 288June 16, 2023 10:06 AM

[quote] Can anything embarrass Megs?

Seems like it’s not easy, given all her heinous acts, R288. Yet, given her thin-skinned, vengeful retaliations, we have seen evidence of her being publicly shamed.

Remember the balcony appearance for Trooping of the Colour where Harry uncharacteristically chided her and told her to “turn around”? Or what about the US Open where Serena’s Mum publicly blanked her? Recall the “walkabout” following the Queen’s passing where she attempted to - literally and figuratively - overstep boundaries and the Princess of Wales uncharacteristically came toward her aggressively?

These are examples that demonstrate her shallow, brittle façade that can be penetrated.

by Anonymousreply 289June 16, 2023 11:25 AM

She made a “grand” entrance via a rental car lobby. She is incapable of being embarrassed

by Anonymousreply 290June 16, 2023 11:31 AM

Haha, Spotify publicly shanked them!

by Anonymousreply 291June 16, 2023 4:54 PM

^Please - Spotify "thanking" them was what you call backhanded slap in the face that fooled no one.

Especially in light of Simmons' staggeringly frank comments.

by Anonymousreply 292June 17, 2023 12:15 PM

R292 there’s quite a difference between “thanked” and “shanked”.

by Anonymousreply 293June 17, 2023 3:07 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294June 17, 2023 7:08 PM

Nah, bish has no shame or embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 295June 18, 2023 1:41 AM

What is it with her constantly stroking and playing with her cheap as weaves ???

by Anonymousreply 296June 18, 2023 1:43 AM

R294 make up free? I can see makeup on her just looking at the little thumbnail picture

by Anonymousreply 297June 18, 2023 1:49 AM

She is incapable of either embarrassment or shame. Her retaliation is because she is profoundly insulted/offended when she does not receive the positive attention she craves; this is a narcissistic injury.

by Anonymousreply 298June 18, 2023 3:05 PM

R295, one word:

Uvalde.

She's such an asshole it beggars belief.

by Anonymousreply 299June 18, 2023 5:40 PM

I saw a clip of Megs walking in the gd AMEX dress and it was badly fitted beyond belief. Looked a size too small, the way it was rippling at the seams as she walked.

She's such an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 300June 19, 2023 12:09 AM

R293 - Reading too quickly - you are correct!

R292

by Anonymousreply 301June 19, 2023 1:51 PM

R299 That Uvalde stunt was, without argument, the most insulting, ugly, ill-judged, cynical, self-serving paradigm of Meghan's oblivious, pathological narcissism that she ever displayed - and that's saying something.

by Anonymousreply 302June 19, 2023 1:53 PM

^and hardly surprising that it didn't make it into the Netflix "docu-series".

by Anonymousreply 303June 19, 2023 1:54 PM

R302, The walkabout with Will and Kate after the Queen died was a close second.

by Anonymousreply 304June 19, 2023 1:58 PM

Ah but R304 if not for the walkabout,we'd have never gotten to see Kate give her the death glare wich cause her to frantically stroke her cheap weave and step back ! Pure gold !

by Anonymousreply 305June 19, 2023 5:59 PM

R303, that's pretty much proof everybody realized it was a mistake. I'm sure she was told "the trouble is it will stir up feelings in the bereaved" and "critics will attack and claim you're using a tragedy for personal gain, of course, it's not true, ma'am, but for your own sake...."

by Anonymousreply 306June 19, 2023 6:44 PM

I remember that Harry didn't go (and it was reported somewhere he told her it was a bad idea).

So maybe he's slightly less obscenely arrogant than she is?

by Anonymousreply 307June 19, 2023 6:45 PM

Harry has been bred from birth to do this type of thing, r307, and to know when is a good moment and when isn't

by Anonymousreply 308June 19, 2023 6:51 PM

R308 Sadly, it appears his breeding was limited, then, as he doesn't seem to have learned much else

by Anonymousreply 309June 19, 2023 7:11 PM

Has Meghan made a public comment on the wildfires in Canada, where she had been living pre-Haz?

by Anonymousreply 310June 19, 2023 7:39 PM

Spotify has dropped them, Netflix is rumoured to be about to do the same, the talk about Meghan becoming a spokesperson for Dior now appear to be false. The truth is, they are too controversial and the truth is coming out that they are impossible to work with. They have run out of cards to play really. The best bet is for them to lay low for a while or for Meghan to dump Harry and try to play the victim card again.

by Anonymousreply 311June 19, 2023 7:54 PM

Oh wow! I hope that's true about the Dior deal being false. I read it was the big coup that William Morris agency had cooked up for her with their re-make (and they supposedly have been advising her to stay away from Harry - the coronation, the court appearances, etc., because that interferes with their plan to rebuild her image).

I'll be gobsmacked if they pull it off!

by Anonymousreply 312June 19, 2023 10:05 PM

R312 It's being discussed on other threads but basically sources at Dior told several British outlets that Meghan becoming a model for Dior is "news to them."

by Anonymousreply 313June 20, 2023 12:20 AM

Meghan Markle is accused of FAKING interviews for axed Spotify podcast: Industry sources claim the Duchess got staff to do chats with Archetypes guests then had audio of her voice edited in to the final episodes

by Anonymousreply 314June 20, 2023 12:27 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315June 20, 2023 12:27 AM

"Harry has been bred from birth to do this type of thing, [R307], and to know when is a good moment and when isn't"

I read Harry's book, and one of the many things that stood out was how little he understood about the royal life he'd been born into. He never got it that the Palace staff's real job was the serve the monarchy, not to make his spoiled ass happy. And his thoughts about the value and meaning of his royal public appearances boil down to "Public speaking makes me frightfully anxious".

However, even a rudimentary sense of what's "just not done" would put him ahead of Meg.

by Anonymousreply 316June 20, 2023 12:28 AM

R316 I was shocked when I read that he had no idea that he technically needed Granny's permission to marry.

He's a fucking idiot about royal life.

by Anonymousreply 317June 20, 2023 12:33 AM

R313 I'll go looking for the other threads - I have trouble keeping up, but thanks for the info!

And somewhere, that Instagram account I think that reports on Meghan stuff but maybe even here, I read that Meghan talked to the celebs for her podcast but didn't want to bother with the "experts" who weren't famous. Now maybe she thinks she's too important to have to deal with non-famous people - or she is insecure about trying to talk with someone who has studied or actually knows stuff because she might have to appear to be being "informed" (instead of feeling like the smartest girl in the room - like she always felt in school ahem.)

by Anonymousreply 318June 20, 2023 1:22 AM

Money Trouble in Montecito? ‘They’ve TAINTED their brand!’ | Celia Walden says Meghan and Harry face difficult financial future.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319June 20, 2023 1:34 AM

What’s striking about the Spotify story is that Spotify has gone to some trouble to kick the Sussexes on their way out. They told the Wall Street Journal that they were disappointed that the two had done so little, a Spotify executive called them (in his own podcast) “fucking grifters”, and now there’s a story saying that Meghan’s producers did most of her interviews. In Hollywood in particular, that’s a very acrimonious ending to a contract.

by Anonymousreply 320June 20, 2023 1:36 AM

R320 …and should be a surprise to few.

by Anonymousreply 321June 20, 2023 3:51 AM

Her bots all disappear when the D&D get caught doing something really stupid.

Again.

by Anonymousreply 322June 20, 2023 3:56 AM

Well, if you want something stupid, how about that "face of Dior" bullshit?

It was probably intended to make some other fashion house offer her freebies or a modelling contract, but damn. You don't pull a stunt like that unless you've already talked the Dior spokesperson into keeping quiet.

by Anonymousreply 323June 20, 2023 5:36 AM

R319, Dan Wooton? Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 324June 20, 2023 10:06 AM

She blew the dior contract by wearing that red backfat gown, Fridge by Valentino and even the most recent gold AMEX card dress. Why turn up to an awards show in a ~$1,800 badly fitted, unflattering (on her) dress if you have got the pick of French couture? The Hertz branding probably didn't help, either. Nor the "chase" drama.

by Anonymousreply 325June 20, 2023 10:08 AM

*Wootton, sorry.

He's a bit of a cunt nevertheless. Him disliking the grifter couple does not make me like him.

by Anonymousreply 326June 20, 2023 10:08 AM

Fashion model ?

Fashion model gone badly wrong.

Before she had more work done on her face.

So ugly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327June 20, 2023 11:26 AM

Meh, I've grown bored with the Markle drama, most of it is pure jealousy for her fabulously wealthy lifestyle. Anderson Cooper's tongue was hanging out all during that softball interview with her hubby.

by Anonymousreply 328June 20, 2023 9:22 PM

J’adore Queen Camilla for this outstanding piece of cuntishness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329June 20, 2023 9:26 PM

Does Dior deliver custom outfits fit for a queen in just a few days???

Because while I'd live to think that Cam wore that as a big FU to her stepdaughter-in-law, I thought that Dior outfits take time and fittings. So it was probably ordered long before Meg lied about a Dior contract.

by Anonymousreply 330June 20, 2023 9:34 PM

R317 You're talking about a man who told the world via hoax call that he didn't know he was related to the Romanovs.

His grandfather's DNA was used to help identify the last remains found of the family.

He admits to having read only one book in his entire life: "Of Mice and Men".

Leave us not forget that he thinks his dead mother came to him in the form of a leopard, but that also was heard around the same time laughing in her "human" spirit voice about Harry's kid breaking a Christmas ornament with the Queen's face on it.

The truth is that Harry belongs in the 19th century where he could get away with being the stupid, plodding, mean-spirited Lord of the Manor and spend his time huntin' and ridin' and fishin' and fucking the housemaids in the back stairway. but who grudgingly allows the annual fete to be held on the lawn and gives generously for the new church windows, privately muttering about how much it cost.

by Anonymousreply 331June 20, 2023 10:52 PM

r327 she is paler there

by Anonymousreply 332June 21, 2023 12:52 AM

And intensely ugly, r332.

by Anonymousreply 333June 21, 2023 2:12 AM

She really is not attractive. Like she’s. A 5 but when you factor in personality her attractiveness plummets

by Anonymousreply 334June 21, 2023 8:53 AM

That's why it was such a coup that she bagged a prince. Until we found out that the prince has his own issues....

by Anonymousreply 335June 21, 2023 9:31 AM

That was her Maltese phase r332

by Anonymousreply 336June 21, 2023 12:23 PM

^She put Caucasian on her professional CV.

Meanwhile, a far more relevant "car crash" is shaping up as the Sussex brand takes on water from Spotify's sacking, the Dior fiasco, the potential Netflix sacking, and assorted rumours that they want to change their last name legally to Spencer (courtesy Tom Bower last night).

FWIW - Lady Colin Campbell said that the Palace has been waiting patiently for some time for the "opportune moment", i.e., after the Harkles dug their own grave with all the betrayals in tandem with how bad their image got, to release something that, according to her, will "drive a hole the size of a truck" through what's left of their image.

Believe what you will.

One thing that is not and never will be in dispute: Meghan and Harry were a gift to DLers.

by Anonymousreply 337June 21, 2023 1:14 PM

Evidently she was canned from the Spotify deal because she only interviewed the "important" people and didn't churn out enough content. She had her producers interview the rest of the herd.

by Anonymousreply 338June 21, 2023 1:47 PM

I would love to hear some of the stories from the people at Spotify about what a nightmare Meghan was to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 339June 21, 2023 2:25 PM

I don't believe very much of what Tom "Megan is a huge Hollywood star" Bower has to say.

by Anonymousreply 340June 21, 2023 5:39 PM

Will probably emerge shortly, R339, now the deal is dead.

by Anonymousreply 341June 21, 2023 7:27 PM

During the pandemic,when everything was so bleak,these two gave me something to look forward to ! I am really going to hate it when she Meghan's Harrys dumb ass ! Yall know its coming. And sooner than we think. As she struggles to salvage something from the wreckage in their wake .

by Anonymousreply 342June 21, 2023 7:41 PM

Do you mean when she files for divorce, R342? I'm getting so antsy with anticipation. For some reason, I'm really invested in the divorce and aftermath and will be quite let down if just keep muddling through their pathetic existence together.

by Anonymousreply 343June 21, 2023 7:50 PM

Oh no R343 ,her very 1st kiss was her 1st kiss goodbye .The pattern has always been there. She will sail right on,Harry will be curled up in a corner in a fetal position. If his family doesnt put him in a posh nut ward.

by Anonymousreply 344June 21, 2023 7:53 PM

I forget which talking head... but one of them was saying that Harry is homesick. Remember the rumor that he lives on UK time and games with his buddies over there, as his main occupation lol. I could well be wrong, but I think he'd have mates to get drunk/high with, party, etc., back home in blighty. He's still a prince. Andrew and family might still be willing to hang with him.

by Anonymousreply 345June 21, 2023 7:56 PM

At what point was this woman hot? It is said that Harry ignored all red flags due to Meg being "so hot!"

Is he really that stupid? She's cute but come on.

by Anonymousreply 346June 21, 2023 8:13 PM

^I agree. She's very short, so maybe that"s hot?

by Anonymousreply 347June 21, 2023 8:53 PM

His description of the first time he saw her on Instagram was laughable.

by Anonymousreply 348June 21, 2023 8:55 PM

She was thin and had implants. And exotic to him.

He's rich and British and very very cosseted. She probably blew him. That's probably all it took.

by Anonymousreply 349June 21, 2023 9:01 PM

Dior Declines the Duchess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350June 21, 2023 9:57 PM

Harry's "recollection" was clearly written by Meghan

by Anonymousreply 351June 21, 2023 11:39 PM

I don't anticipate a divorce soon. Even if they are not getting along, they will not want to admit defeat. Also, Megan will stick it out until she has her next mark in sight. Publicly, they'll say, "Prince Harry, the Duke of Sussex, and Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex remain devoted to each other and to their family. However, the intense scrutiny placed on them has put an insurmountable stress on them, precipitating, sadly, their separation." But privately, Meghan will let it be known that Harry's issues forced her to examine carefully, as a woman and a mother, whether the relationship could continue and, with profound sadness, she has had to separate.

by Anonymousreply 352June 21, 2023 11:46 PM

Same r339. There could be a whole cottage industry of people who’ve had to work with her telling their stories, now that they’ve been exposed there is an appetite for it!

by Anonymousreply 353June 22, 2023 7:22 AM

[quote]Harry will be curled up in a corner in a fetal position. If his family doesnt put him in a posh nut ward.

They can't risk that. Imagine him spilling his guts in group therapy. Anything juicy would leak right away.

by Anonymousreply 354July 1, 2023 1:13 AM

R354, if the sage of the past few years has taught us anything, it's that there is nothing "juicy" to be revealed. What exactly are you expecting anyway?

by Anonymousreply 355July 1, 2023 8:00 AM

r355 So true. Virtually nothing remarkable as emerged from these 'tell-alls' that hasn't happened in a billion other families the world over.

Harry & Meghan have nothing up their sleeve despite trying to convince us otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 356July 1, 2023 5:21 PM

If they turn on each other and spill the dirt on each other it would be interesting, but unfortunately I think both of their silences will be bought.

by Anonymousreply 357July 1, 2023 5:59 PM

Saga, not sage!

by Anonymousreply 358July 2, 2023 10:02 AM

".... Almost exactly five years ago I was dispatched to Windsor to cover Harry and Meghan’s wedding. No one goes to a royal wedding to find republicanism, but the feelings of delight about this particular royal couple were overwhelming — infectious, even. After all the political turmoil in the US and UK, there was genuine joy at seeing Prince Charles — of all unlikely harbingers of the future — walking a mixed-race American woman up the aisle to marry his son. And not just from the usual elderly royalists: I got the train back to London afterwards with a group of black British teenagers, all of whom had come specifically to show support for Meghan. Royalists were happy that Harry was happy, and people who don’t care about the royals liked his wife. Theirs was, it seemed, a no-lose union, and an easy life of guaranteed global adulation seemed laid out in front of them, like a carpet of roses.

In the five years since the wedding, a whole industry of revisionist history has emerged in which famous women are re-evaluated, invariably more favourably than they were 20 or 30 years ago: Courtney Love wasn’t crazy; she was cool. Monica Lewinsky wasn’t a slut; she was exploited. Ditto Pamela Anderson, and so on. How strange, then, to be Meghan, `and to find oneself re-evaluated so quickly, and so negatively. I can date the precise moment when my own sceptical opinion about her began to develop: November 8, 2020....

But on November 8, 2020, as the world was still in the depths of Covid, I got a glimpse of what Meghan’s best life was, when she and her husband staged a photoshoot at the Los Angeles national cemetery. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, their spokesman explained, “wanted to be able to personally recognise Remembrance Day in their own way”. Just a little intimate gesture between the two of them, the dead soldiers and the global media. I couldn’t blame Harry for the gaucheness, because he knew of no other way to live. But Meghan — come on, man, I thought. What are you doing, simullating sadface in front of a photographer now that you finally escaped the cage? You had three and a bit decades before you became famous — don’t you want to go back to a normal life? Isn’t that why you left the royal family?

Everything she has done since then has proven that, no, she absolutely does not want a normal life. From fighting to keep her children’s royal titles to releasing ludicrous statements about a car chase in New York that never happened, it is seemingly clear that what Meghan actually wants is to be a celebrity. Far from providing her hapless husband with the normality many of us thought they both craved, it looked in their Netflix documentary like she encouraged his sense of grievance and paranoia, frequently pointing out slights from outsiders and invisible paparazzi.

Her heyday coincided with a weird moment in social justice when identity politics became a source of grievance-hawking and self-promotion, and there are few better examples of that than Archetypes, the one programme the couple made for Spotify. In this, Meghan promised to “investigate, dissect and subvert the labels that hold women back”, without any sense of irony, given how much her own success exceeded her talents. The more she talked, the harder it became to defend her as she complained about the smallness of her freebie home and wafted on about her truth. No one would argue that the royal family is a beacon of racial progressiveness, but her repeated implication that Britain is more riddled with racism than the US doesn’t feel like anyone else’s truth except hers.

1/2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359July 2, 2023 1:26 PM

2/2

Harry is a hothouse royal who is learning too late that he has nothing to offer the world but his royalty. Meghan is a product of her own era, in that she has the entitlement of a celebrity but the talents of a nobody. Other people with such attributes will go into reality TV, or influencing. The great irony of Meghan’s life is that — against all odds — she found her way to the royals, the perfect pedestal for a narcissist. The great tragedy is she believed she could do better and walked away. The best she can hope for is that her truth blinds her to the reality of how wrong she was.

by Anonymousreply 360July 2, 2023 1:26 PM

The tell of Markle not wanting to "get" what being a Royal isn't, or, is; that she aspired to mere celebrity, was the New York City paparazzi baby shower.

I knew from that moment on that she had no comprehension of what being a working Royal is, or, that she did know but was refusing to adhere to it.

Either way, that was the harbinger of where they are now.

by Anonymousreply 361July 2, 2023 6:30 PM

[quote]Meghan is a product of her own era, in that she has the entitlement of a celebrity but the talents of a nobody.

No truer words were ever written.

by Anonymousreply 362July 2, 2023 10:43 PM

I agree with the passages at R359 and R360 completely, except for the use of the words "great tragedy." It's really not.

I could have written the first paragraph myself, about sentiments regarding the wedding. The only red flag I ever saw (or, more accurately, the only bad impression I had of them) was his announcement out of the blue while they were dating that the press had better leave his half-black girlfriend alone. In retrospect, that was a real clue as to the nature of their dysfunctional pairing.

by Anonymousreply 363July 2, 2023 10:58 PM

I still marvel at the odds that of all the people in all the world everything that had to fall into place fell into place so that these two could meet the absolute worst person for either one of them to marry. And then did so.

I mean, I can't even score a simple lottery win.

by Anonymousreply 364July 3, 2023 3:12 PM

Well, r364, some people believe Harry was set up to meet Meghan by the Soho House clique around Markus Anderson. I think there is some truth to that.

by Anonymousreply 365July 4, 2023 8:30 AM

R364 is correct in that Meg and Harry really do bring out the worst in each other.

by Anonymousreply 366July 4, 2023 3:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!