Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

The poor guy. I hope those fucking ducks feel horrible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 4, 2023 12:56 PM

Dollface thread.

by Anonymousreply 1May 21, 2023 3:36 PM

Make way for ducklings!

(splat)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 21, 2023 3:38 PM

Is that photo symbolic?

by Anonymousreply 3May 21, 2023 3:38 PM

Cis women drivers, am I right?

by Anonymousreply 4May 21, 2023 3:43 PM

[quote]The driver, a 17-year-old girl,

Money on her either texting or filming a tiktok just before she hit him.

by Anonymousreply 5May 21, 2023 3:44 PM

Very sad. A kind hearted person pays the ultimate price. Poor guy and his family.

by Anonymousreply 6May 21, 2023 3:45 PM

How horrifying that his family witnessed his death.

by Anonymousreply 7May 21, 2023 3:54 PM

I wouldn’t put myself in harms way for ducks, but for a dog or cat? Probably.

by Anonymousreply 8May 21, 2023 3:56 PM

WTF "the driver has not been ticketed or arrested"??????

Rocklin is a slightly creepy place, BTW, all brand new McMansions on what was farmland a few years ago, true keeping-up-appearances territory.

by Anonymousreply 9May 21, 2023 4:06 PM

If only the man had been carrying a gun he could have shot the driver in self-defence.

by Anonymousreply 10May 21, 2023 4:06 PM

Whoa!

I do that all the time in my neighbrohood. Especially when the babies are small.

Otherwise the ducks slow traffic, because they think they own the road.

by Anonymousreply 11May 21, 2023 4:19 PM

She was ridding the world of nosy, loud, intrusive pond shitters and their enablers.

There will be no ticket. She will pay extra in insurance premiums until next year.

by Anonymousreply 12May 21, 2023 4:19 PM

R11, do you have a great ass?

by Anonymousreply 13May 21, 2023 4:25 PM

[quote]I wouldn’t put myself in harms way for ducks, but for a dog or cat? Probably.

R8 you fucking speciesist! Fuck you. Ducks matter too.

by Anonymousreply 14May 21, 2023 4:29 PM

It's hard to see how this isn't vehicular manslaughter. It occurred at an intersection. There were other stopped vehicles. Under such circumstances, even if you have a green light, you should be exercising caution. The man was already in the intersection, so it seems unlikely that he suddenly stepped out of nowhere before the driver could see him. She either wasn't paying attention or wasn't competent to drive a car.

by Anonymousreply 15May 21, 2023 4:33 PM

Sorry, but there are a ton of ducks and Canadian geese in my area. They shit all over the sidewalks, and when I walk my dog, it’s like stepping through a minefield. Gets tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 16May 21, 2023 4:55 PM

R16 It's worth having an innocent man killed? What are you sorry for?

by Anonymousreply 17May 21, 2023 4:57 PM

I meant to reply to R14.

by Anonymousreply 18May 21, 2023 4:57 PM

Ducking fucks.

by Anonymousreply 19May 21, 2023 5:02 PM

[quote] WTF "the driver has not been ticketed or arrested"??????

Former law enforcement here. Traffic stuff takes a while. They do diagrams & take the black box, possibly. If the driver were to immediately get a ticket for, e.g., reckless driving, they could plead out and claim double jeopardy on the rest of it.

So, it takes a while to put a case together.

by Anonymousreply 20May 21, 2023 6:09 PM

R20 So you're saying that there is the possibility she'll eventually be charged?

by Anonymousreply 21May 22, 2023 12:37 AM

R21 That read pretty damn clear to me.

by Anonymousreply 22May 22, 2023 1:48 AM

R21, St. Olaf?

by Anonymousreply 23May 22, 2023 2:14 AM

Those ducks must be feeling sheepish.

by Anonymousreply 24May 22, 2023 2:16 AM

Did no one yell the inevitable to this man?

by Anonymousreply 25May 22, 2023 2:19 AM

The 17 year driver, a recent graduate from the Caitlin Jenner Driving School, is being questioned by police.

by Anonymousreply 26May 22, 2023 2:22 AM

Absolutely tragic.

by Anonymousreply 27May 22, 2023 4:01 AM

For a few weeks a year here in Texas, you will see turtles attempting to cross the road out in the country. (That time of year is happening now).

I'm not sure what compels them to put themselves in such danger, but there are always a lot of squashed turtles in the middle of the road.

When I see one crossing, I always pull over, pick it up, and take it to the other side of the road. I've actually seen asshole drivers go out of their way to run them over, and it's horrific.

by Anonymousreply 28May 22, 2023 4:17 AM

R28 drivers who aim for innocent animals deserve very bad things. Fireballs

by Anonymousreply 29June 4, 2023 11:00 AM

[quote]I've actually seen asshole drivers go out of their way to run them over

Duck season!

by Anonymousreply 30June 4, 2023 11:17 AM

R28, May and June is when female turtles look for nesting sites so they can lay their eggs. I live in a suburb north of Dallas and recently rescued a small turtle trying to cross a busy road here. I think she was a red-eared slider. There was a brief lull in the traffic that enabled me to pick her up and put her on the other side of the road, pointing her in the direction to which she was headed. Apparently turtles have an excellent sense of direction and generally know where they want to go so you should never try to relocate them unless they are injured.

by Anonymousreply 31June 4, 2023 11:23 AM

Life is brutal. I'm sure it was a true accident and the girl is going to be tormented about this. But she is at fault and should be held responsible.

That someone would die because they are being so kind to the most delicate little creatures is really, really brutal and tragic. Heartbreaking.

I likewise feel sure the girl was texting or recording a video for social media, and she will likely post a teary testament to her trauma on TikTok. Very sad.

I used to drive to work and I could not make myself resist reading texts when they came in. I came inches from slamming into a car in front of me and it gave me a feeling of guilt I still carry. I moved and I walk to work now. Not just because of that but I do think about it on the rare occasions when I drive now.

by Anonymousreply 32June 4, 2023 11:25 AM

R14 is the founder of the DLM movement.

by Anonymousreply 33June 4, 2023 11:37 AM

We have no regrets in this situation.

by Anonymousreply 34June 4, 2023 12:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!