Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I just started Ozempic. - Ask me anything

I am on week two of Ozempic. Brief history was always a fat kid, Low carb diet in my early 20s got me fit and weight training helped me build muscle. I switched to a keto diet while trying to go vegetarian. I have a history of high blood sugar and hypertension I have been able to control through diet but covid hit and I got fat. I inhaled carbs when and stopped working out until I went to the ER with a nosebleed that would not stop. My BP was sky high, by ac1 was 8 something. I went on BP meds and Metformin. The metformin did a number on my stomach and my shits were pretty much liquid from then on. I lost weight by picking up my low-carb life (keto and type 2 is not a good combo) and adding in Chicken and eggs as my protein source. I had small success but my blood sugar remained high, even when I was cutting out all sugars.

Enter Ozempic. It is fully covered by my insurance. I am still on my .25mg dose and on week two. So far no side effects other than I get full easily. So if you are curious ask me anything I and I will update this weekly with my progress. Two weeks in I am 12 pounds down from when I started. I am not trying so far. It's weird, I have had to fight my whole life to stay normal weight. Now it seems to be falling off without even trying.

by Anonymousreply 99November 4, 2023 3:54 AM

Sure I'll ask a question - how the hell did you manage a keto vegetarian diet? I mean how the hell do you eat keto vegetarian unless you eat eggs for three meals a day?

by Anonymousreply 1May 21, 2023 1:13 AM

2 weeks in and 12 lbs lost seems UNUSUALLY HIGH for Ozempic, OP.

Even gastric bypass doesn't produce that kind of weight loss.

Stats say one could lose about 10-15 lbs in 40 weeks on Ozempic. The fact you did that in 2 weeks is something you should mention to your doc.

by Anonymousreply 2May 21, 2023 1:13 AM

Congratulations. I do think these are game changers. They're even saying it can impact booze, drugs, shopping and other compulsions.

by Anonymousreply 3May 21, 2023 1:13 AM

[quote] 2 weeks in and 12 lbs lost seems UNUSUALLY HIGH for Ozempic, OP.

It’s not when you weigh 600lbs.

by Anonymousreply 4May 21, 2023 1:17 AM

Does it keep your colon clean for bottoming OP?

by Anonymousreply 5May 21, 2023 1:17 AM

1. How does your face look?

2. Has anyone noticed, commented?

by Anonymousreply 6May 21, 2023 1:18 AM

It is a cure for fatness. These drugs are weapons against nutrient deficient foods created to make sure you eat (purchase) more.

by Anonymousreply 7May 21, 2023 1:18 AM

r1 pea protien mostly. Game changer for me but Keto is a high-fat diet so macadamia nuts and avocados. It can be done.

r2 - It is not just Ozempic, I am keeping up with my low carb diet as well but I will say it seems much easier on Ozempic. Like it switched on something that was off in my metabolism.

r3 - I don't drink anyways, I do take edibles at night to help me sleep (5mg indica).

r4 I gained weight but not that much lol. I started at 253, I lost 15 before Ozempic down to 238, now down to 226.

r5 oddly enough it seems to be the opposite of metformin where I was sharting all over. I have much more solid movements

r6 My face is thinner, I caught my reflection in something and I noticed my double chin was much less obvious. Just starting to get comments. "You look good, did you lose some weight?"

r7 that may be true but I am on it for my blood sugar levels which is the amazing thing. Even eating almost no sugar and on metformin, I still had high fasting blood sugar readings. A week on this my fasting blood sugar levels are normal. I was shocked.

by Anonymousreply 8May 21, 2023 1:25 AM

I'm with R2 here. I have type 2 diabetes and lost 10 pounds on Ozempic over 2 months, not purposefully changing any eating behaviors.

12 pounds in 2 weeks seems pretty extreme and like something you should bring up with your doctor.

by Anonymousreply 9May 21, 2023 1:57 AM

r9 as I said I was dieting before I started. I am fairly active. What it does seem to have changed is how my body's metabolism works. Before I would fight to lose a few pounds a week being religious with my diet. Now it seems I can be a little more casual (still eating low carb). and I am losing more weight. It's like I am becoming more like those people we all hate who can eat anything and still lose weight.

by Anonymousreply 10May 21, 2023 2:16 AM

Do you still take the Metaformin op?

Are you supposed to take one or the other?

by Anonymousreply 11May 23, 2023 4:40 AM

What do you think the weight loss would be like if you added more carbs to your diet? I love mashed potatoes.

by Anonymousreply 12May 23, 2023 5:08 AM

I just started on Friday. I'm allowed to keep taking my Metformin and have a lot more energy. The first day I didn't drink much water, due to how slow my stomach was emptying, and when I looked in the mirror yesterday morning, got a hell of a shock at how many wrinkles were under my eyes.

This must be why the celebs are all doing IV: to cope with Ozempic. So remembering the advice on a DL thread about it being easy to get dehydrated, have had a lot more fluids yesterday and today.

Anyway, in the last few days I've gotten so many things done at home and work that I've been putting off for ages. I feel incredibly motivated and have pushed my back too far, so just rubbed some heat cream into it.

Between that and my appetite returning to a more controllable level, I feel it's paid for itself already. I just hope I don't become resistant to it as has happened with so many other medications.

by Anonymousreply 13May 28, 2023 11:39 AM

Celebs are on IV now to better cope with Ozempic? That's hilarious to me, but also makes perfect sense.

[quote]Between that and my appetite returning to a more controllable level, I feel it's paid for itself already.

It hasn't even been two full days since you started!

by Anonymousreply 14May 28, 2023 11:47 AM

I'm in Australia, r14, so it's been 3 full days since starting and my appetite (which had recently been extremely large, despite my best efforts), is now more manageable. Another medication was caning my pancreas, and at first I gained weight while on a strict diet, but in the few days before starting Ozempic, it had gotten out of control. Eating double portions of healthy food is still not good.

by Anonymousreply 15May 28, 2023 11:54 AM

That's too much wright to lose in two weeks. Welcome to your Ozempic face and butt.

by Anonymousreply 16May 28, 2023 12:04 PM

If you have trouble drinking water and don't want to mess with IVs, you could always squirt some water up your butt with a syringe and lie down for a nap. Keeping hydrated is a must always, but especially when on O.

by Anonymousreply 17May 28, 2023 12:15 PM

I want a prescription

by Anonymousreply 18May 28, 2023 12:24 PM

I've been on a semalutide compound for nearly 3 months. Started at my all time high weight of 230 and I'm down to 211 this morning. It feels like I lost more because I'm wearing clothes that I haven't in years. Basically it's turned off the urge to overeat or honestly straight up binge. My portion sizes have been drastically cut. None of this salty, sweet, salty let's drink wine and order a pizza nonsense that I abused myself with for years. Initially I got an rx for nausea, plus over the counter nausea meds, but the only side effect I've had is some Tums treated heartburn. Any constipation is handled with a glass of Metamucil. My energy level is a little lower but I'm able to walk and do resistance bands and my active job. Which is fine because you don't want to lose muscle.

I take caffeine vitamins and a sugarfee electolyte drink every morning, plus water all day. I'm retraining myself to eat normally and I'm pretty evangelical about semaglutide. I've noticed the only people who have sour attitudes about it are those who are pissed that I'm not drinking with them or have weird relationships with food and think depriving themselves is their identity. I can't recommend it enough. It's crazy to me that I have my favorite foods just steps away in the kitchen and when I do choose to eat them, a few bites will be enough. I love that. I'd love that for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 19May 28, 2023 12:24 PM

Oh and as a side effect of my energy level, I'm going to bed by 11 and sleeping until 8. Going back to sleep after I piss. This is all unheard of for me. Never went to bed early unless I passed out from booze. Had insomnia at least 5 nights a week even after intense gym workouts. I'm loving the new sleep. This is how normal people do it.

by Anonymousreply 20May 28, 2023 12:31 PM

r19 Ten kilos in three months doesn't seem like a lot when it comes to semaglutide, but I'm sure it's made a world of difference already, so I'm happy for you. Unless you're hotter and/or younger than me, then I obviously don't give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 21May 28, 2023 12:40 PM

I don't want to get saggy, r21. I also know slower weight loss is kept off longer. I'm also not depriving myself or keeping a close watch on calories. If I want pizza, I have a slice. Not half of it and the other half at 3am when I wake up with the fear and booze shits.

by Anonymousreply 22May 28, 2023 12:52 PM

OP here. week three 16 pounds down from when I started. I have actually started eating regular food, like pizza, ice cream etc but rather than eating a whole pizza I have two pieces. Instead of a whole pint, I just have a few bites. I CAN overeat but if I do I pay for it. It gets very bad stomach pains a sick feeling. It's a combo of feeling fuller longer and knowing if I eat to much of this I will be sick. With the warmer weather, I am walking up to eight miles a day. The one odd thing I have noticed is I seem to get muscle strain more when I work out (weights). No ozempic face or ass yet but I have a big juicy ass so not worried there. I have noticed more cut in my face, the jawline is coming back and getting cheekbones lol.

by Anonymousreply 23May 28, 2023 2:50 PM

You need to keep up your hydration and electrolytes. I use Ultima sugar free electrolyte powder to replace all of the water I'm pissing out. No more muscle strains

by Anonymousreply 24May 28, 2023 3:01 PM

When will Henry Kissinger finally die?

by Anonymousreply 25May 28, 2023 3:07 PM

And if you follow the multiple Ozempic reddits, slower, steady weight loss is more the norm. The huge multi pound losses per week are the outliers and most of them have A LOT to lose so they do it faster.

by Anonymousreply 26May 28, 2023 3:10 PM

I must be doing something wrong, because I have been on it for 2 weeks and I've gained 3 lbs.

by Anonymousreply 27May 29, 2023 8:32 PM

I've been on it since February. Have lost about 16lbs. I'm at 1mg a week now BUT for the first two days after I take it....terrible nausea and sometimes vomiting. For the rest of the week I have heartburn but just take some pepto for it. I'm convinced the Ozempic is causing gastroparesis as I can throw up something that I ate ten hours ago which is not normal. My doctor has given me Metoclopramide to take after I eat three times a day which helps to digest the food. And yes my portion sizes have to be much smaller as I get full quicker. One of the WORST side effects are these disgusting sulphuric rotten egg burps that happen every so often. The only thing that gets rid of them is a couple of doses of Flagyl. But yeah when they happen I am not somebody you want to be around.

by Anonymousreply 28May 30, 2023 3:25 AM

Hi OP, I have some Qs, a friend of mine is about to go on it too:

- how old are you? - did you have to fulfill some kind of criteria to be prescribed Ozempic? What? - What's your target weight loss, will you start to taper off the Ozempic as you approach it? - Have you been advised to exercise, if so what exactly, and are you doing it? - Do you have a plan to avoid putting the weight back on when you come off the Ozempic? - anything else unexpected happen that we should know? - what's the first bitchy/self-absorbed/outrageous thing you're going to do as soon as you are thin enough to get away with it?

Muah, we're rooting for you.

by Anonymousreply 29May 30, 2023 3:38 AM

Oh fuck it, I'm going to post those again and I don't even care:

- How old are you?

- did you have to fulfill some kind of criteria to be prescribed Ozempic? What?

- What's your target weight loss, will you start to taper off the Ozempic as you approach it?

- Have you been advised to exercise, if so what exactly, and are you doing it?

- Do you have a plan to avoid putting the weight back on when you come off the Ozempic?

- Anything else unexpected happen that we should know?

- what's the first bitchy/self-absorbed/outrageous thing you're going to do as soon as you are thin enough to get away with it?

Still team OP, whatever about the formatting, bitchy comments roll off my back like water.

by Anonymousreply 30May 30, 2023 3:41 AM

Ozempic face is definitely a thing. Four days since my first dose and more wrinkles are showing. This alone makes me reluctant to up my dose.

by Anonymousreply 31May 30, 2023 4:33 AM

Are you model thin yet?

by Anonymousreply 32May 30, 2023 4:51 AM

I took a flight from NY to London today and in the taxi from the airport to London city I needed to get out twice to throw up. Thanks Ozempic.

by Anonymousreply 33May 30, 2023 8:32 PM

Get some antinausea meds/motion sickness pills and eat something, R33

by Anonymousreply 34May 30, 2023 9:10 PM

R31, drink some water. There is no way you got "ozempic face" in 4 days.

by Anonymousreply 35May 30, 2023 11:12 PM

Should I give my Boston Terrier a bath or just use a pet wipe on him tonight? Let me know. Thx.

by Anonymousreply 36May 30, 2023 11:41 PM

r30 -

I am 48 No but I am on it for blood sugar, weight loss is just a side effect. My blood sugar went normal almost overnight I exercised before it, I weight train ( barbell and machine) but I added in walking as that seems to lower my bp but no I was not told to work out at all. I am not sure when I go off it as I take it for blood sugar. I assume we will have that discussion if I get off my bp meds as well. Nothing unexpected other than the muscle pulls which seem odd. Hmm...I am not really the type.

by Anonymousreply 37May 30, 2023 11:56 PM

r30 It is fully covered under my insurance I don't pay anything. When you start it you start at .25mg for a month to get "used" to it and giving yourself injections. Then they bump up the dose, I am still on .25mg and having good results. I am hoping they don't increase beyond .5mg

by Anonymousreply 38May 31, 2023 12:04 AM

I just went up to the full dose and I can't think of a thing to eat. Maybe some frozen smoothie fruit and a mug of broth with collagen powder. Normally I'd have a mental lineup of 12 things I could (over) eat.

by Anonymousreply 39May 31, 2023 1:38 PM

r39 what is the full dose for you?

by Anonymousreply 40May 31, 2023 1:44 PM

R40, one mg of compounded semaglutide from henry meds

by Anonymousreply 41May 31, 2023 1:56 PM

Gotcha. I am still at .25mg. Any issues at 1 mg?

by Anonymousreply 42May 31, 2023 2:06 PM

Why do you give yourself the injection? Does it hurt?

by Anonymousreply 43May 31, 2023 2:10 PM

OP - do you have a big cock? If so, is it big even when you are a fattie with a big blubbery FUPA? So will your dick be huge when you are skinny?

by Anonymousreply 44May 31, 2023 2:14 PM

r44 Yes I do, I don't have a fupa thank god and never developed fat around my pelvis. When I was in my 20's and ripped it was holy shit sized, now it is just whoa sized. If it goes back to holy shit sized then yea me!. R43 - it is a very very tiny needle and no it does not hurt. It is an injection pen with replacable needle caps. You basically pinch some chub hold the tip to it for 30 seconds so none of it leaks and push the button. No pain at all.

by Anonymousreply 45May 31, 2023 3:06 PM

R42, woke up with some heartburn, took a Tums and I'm good. Energy level a little low, but about to get my shot together and do some yard work.

by Anonymousreply 46May 31, 2023 3:20 PM

Have the sulphur burps. So gross.

by Anonymousreply 47May 31, 2023 4:18 PM

Do the Tums or Gas-X help with the sulfur burps?

by Anonymousreply 48May 31, 2023 5:50 PM

R1 In my country we eat keto vegetarian on special occasions. Most times during the year we practice civil disobedience.

by Anonymousreply 49May 31, 2023 5:56 PM

Sulpher burps I only had a couple times and that was cleared up with papaya enzyme chews which taste like candy

by Anonymousreply 50May 31, 2023 6:27 PM

mmmmmmm Candy

by Anonymousreply 51June 1, 2023 1:27 PM

I am on week 7, 1mg a week. I have lost 12lbs.

by Anonymousreply 52June 1, 2023 4:32 PM

Okay, R46, this new dose isn't quite kicking my ass, but I feel a little shaky and lazy. No appetite tho. None

by Anonymousreply 53June 1, 2023 5:04 PM

I’m on week two, went to 0.50 mg dose on Tuesday, don’t feel hungry, haven’t been eating much, and have yet to lose a pound.

Nothing feels different except that I’m sleeping better and eating more salads.

by Anonymousreply 54June 1, 2023 5:50 PM

they put you on .5mg on week two? Odd my Doctor said to use .25 for a month before they would up the dosage.

by Anonymousreply 55June 1, 2023 5:59 PM

She started with 0.25 mg last week R55 and said to go to 0.50 mg this week if there were no side effects. There weren’t any, except that I’m not hungry, so that’s good, but I’m on it to lower my blood sugar, not lose weight. I won’t mind if I do, but the goal is better lab numbers, not fewer pounds.

by Anonymousreply 56June 1, 2023 6:25 PM

I'm down 20lbs in 3 months and I didn't recognize myself on the security camera at work today

by Anonymousreply 57June 1, 2023 8:27 PM

I'm on it for my insulin resistance. A week in, I'm scared to weigh myself as it feels like a lot of fat has turned back to muscle due to all the extra yard work. At least I've stopped steadily gaining fat. It's a bit like when I first started Metformin, only without the first six weeks of hell. The extra energy is great.

by Anonymousreply 58June 1, 2023 11:05 PM

^^My friend is now pre-diabetic and back in the mid 2000s had insulin resistance. I didn't understand then (but do now) that when you're pre-diabetic, insulin-resistant or diabetic, your body says "fuck these calories, I'm not using them for energy" and stores them as fat, making it practically impossible to lose weight.

I'm glad I'm not insulin resistant or pre-diabetic. I was about 32 lbs overweight, but now I'm 3 lbs from "normal" and 7 lbs from my goal weight. I'm happy there is something that can help people who have these disorders/diseases.

by Anonymousreply 59June 1, 2023 11:15 PM

r56 me too. The primary use is lower blood sugar as metformin was not doing it. The week I started .25 mg my daily readings (mornings no food/overnight fasting) dropped to normal levels almost immediately. I see him next week so I am guessing I go up to .5mg

by Anonymousreply 60June 2, 2023 1:17 AM

r59 that is what happened to me. Like it fixed something that was broken in my metabolism.

by Anonymousreply 61June 2, 2023 1:18 AM

There is no magic pill or injection that will make you look thin and fabulous, you need to exercise and have a healthy diet. I recommend Crossfit, it's an amazing exercise program. I had toned abs in five weeks.

by Anonymousreply 62June 6, 2023 8:47 PM

OP are you diabetic or just a lazy ho.

I kid OP I read your write up. Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 63June 6, 2023 11:46 PM

r63 Borderline, which pretty much means I am. (Diabetic not lazy ho. I am a very active ho).

by Anonymousreply 64June 7, 2023 3:14 PM

Okay month 2 and upped my dose to .5mg. Only change is in my digestion. I can't eat a lot or I get sick. I had a hand full of chips last night at 10 pm and woke up at 3 with terrible indigestion. Was going to puke but it went away. I still don't crave apples and kale. Down 20 pounds now but again was watching what I ate before I started. My blood sugar is oddly up though. Not in dangerous levels but higher than I like it to be. My last A1C was way down though so not sure my 20 dollar glucose tester is accurate. I hate the ozempic pen, I wish I could just give myself a normal shot.

by Anonymousreply 65June 10, 2023 4:06 PM

My numbers put me in pre-diabetic range. I’m a bit overweight but have always had high blood sugar even when I was underweight.

My question is: what are the odds I can get Kaiser Permanente to prescribe Ozempic? I have a feeling they will be resistant. I already exercise a good bit but my diet could be better.

by Anonymousreply 66June 10, 2023 4:20 PM

r66 You'll need to prove you've been taking other diabetes drugs and/or have other health issues before they agree to cover your Mounjaro or Ozempic. "A bit overweight" works against you, they'll probably just give you metformin for the high blood sugar.

by Anonymousreply 67June 10, 2023 4:42 PM

Ask the doc, R66. Most practices won’t give Ozempic to you unless you have high blood sugar results as the med is made for lowering blood sugar readings and is in short supply to non-diabetics. The weight loss is more or less a happy accident. FYI: Wegovy is the same med. Both Wegovy and Rybelsus are also semaglutides. My insurance’s drug plan administration would have given me Wegovy if the doc said I needed to lose weight, but because she could show them that my last serum glucose reading was 221 I got Ozempic. I’m on 0.5 mg and thus far haven’t lost more than 5 pounds in 3 weeks, nor had much in the way of side effects. But I want lower blood sugar numbers more than lower numbers on the scale.

by Anonymousreply 68June 10, 2023 4:46 PM

[quote]Ask me anything

Are you on Ozempic?

by Anonymousreply 69June 10, 2023 4:49 PM

r68 how are your blood sugar numbers on .5mg. I am just starting it an my numbers are still somewhat high which is odd as my last a1c was 3 points lower.

by Anonymousreply 70June 11, 2023 12:18 AM

221 pre, 93 post, both non-fasting. I haven't had any since but expect to have some in a week or two if not sooner. My last A1C, though, was 5.4 before I started Ozempic.

Both of my parents were adult onset diabetics who got the best possible care available 30 or so years ago and they still died too soon from diseases exacerbated by diabetes. I hate the idea of finger-sticks and needles and calculating insulin dosages - I saw enough of it, and the effects, when I was younger. It's probably easier now, but diet and exercise (and total abstinence from alcohol) have kept me off of it and I see Ozempic as just one more tool to avoid insulin dependence.

by Anonymousreply 71June 11, 2023 12:39 AM

R71 221 to 93 is pretty damn good. My last A1c was 6.0

by Anonymousreply 72June 11, 2023 12:49 AM

R67, I've heard that if you are a Kaiser patient, other doctors won't see you, even though you pay privately. Is it true? I tried to get my Kaiser MD to approve it, but she won't.

by Anonymousreply 73June 11, 2023 6:33 PM

R73, I haven’t had a problem using non-Kaiser providers for therapy (paying cash.) I don’t know if it would be a problem with other providers, but there is an “Ozempic doctor” right next door to our local Mathnasium franchise! 😂so I might find out.

by Anonymousreply 74June 11, 2023 6:39 PM

I've seen it advertised online for something like $200 a month, plus presumably the online quack's consultation fee. But you need blood work routinely while you're taking it, so how would you get the HMO to run the lab work if they don't give you the med? If the lab work is self-pay, too, my Quest lab shows a private-pay charge for about $147 when I have blood sugars taken (in the doc's office it's by fingerstick), so you could end up paying a lot.

by Anonymousreply 75June 11, 2023 6:56 PM

Yeah, labs are probably private pay also. 30 years ago I took accurate and had to self pay for all that stuff. It was worth it, though.

People talk shit about accutane, but that was another miracle drug.

by Anonymousreply 76June 11, 2023 7:06 PM

R73 That is not true. If you have Kaiser you must use Kaiser doctors. Why would any doc be concerned of healthcare if you are paying cash. THINK.

by Anonymousreply 77June 11, 2023 7:15 PM

I don't know why MD's would not want to treat a Kaiser patient, it's just something I heard, so I asked for confirmation here.

Is that OK with you?

by Anonymousreply 78June 11, 2023 10:39 PM

Ozempic sounds like some kind a Turkish hors d’œuvre.

by Anonymousreply 79June 11, 2023 10:51 PM

R78 I think that myth might have been created by the fact that all Kaiser doctors are in patient. Where I’ve lived on both coasts Kaiser doctors are all at the Kaiser facilities. Usually the same place they host specials it’s and prescriptions. There is no such thing as a private doctors office. With that being said they say Kaiser is one of the best. I personally prefer BlueCross. Was on Kaiser when still on parents. I am currently on Tricare because it’s better and cheaper than my company’s insurance, which is Sigma. I’ve heard awful things about them including forced sterilization.

by Anonymousreply 80June 11, 2023 10:56 PM

Kaiser is an HMO correct? It just means you have to use Kaiser doctors for coverage. My insurance is not that great and I expected them not to cover Ozempic but to my surprise, I pay nothing, so at least the script part of it seems good. I have a PPO.

by Anonymousreply 81June 12, 2023 2:37 AM

Do pharmacies have stock of these drugs, or is there a shortage anywhere? Does anyone have trouble getting their prescriptions filled?

by Anonymousreply 82June 12, 2023 3:30 AM

I haven't had a problem r82.

by Anonymousreply 83June 12, 2023 4:17 AM

When I took Celexa, it killed my appetite and urge to drink alcohol. I think these things are all interrelated (obviously.) Oddly, Celexa did nothing for my depression.

by Anonymousreply 84June 12, 2023 5:32 PM

I'm seeing a lot if shortages of Wegovy. I get mine from a compounding pharmacy. I have a refill coming up and I'm a little nervous

by Anonymousreply 85June 13, 2023 3:49 PM

There’s all kinds of shortages. When I called the druggist the other day to fill the first paid Ozempic prescription, the first thing I heard is a long, stern, recorded “Don’t call us” message about how there’s no Adderal and they don’t know when they’ll get any.

by Anonymousreply 86June 13, 2023 10:57 PM

just get on a treadmill you fat lazy whores.

by Anonymousreply 87June 13, 2023 11:31 PM

R84 It made you skinny and not drunk, so that helps depression. Wow, sulphur burps, gastroparesis, nausea, sloth...these sound like shitty side effects. Is it worth it?

by Anonymousreply 88June 14, 2023 5:42 AM

I don't have any of those side effects r88 and I'm down 27lbs. I feel fucking great

by Anonymousreply 89June 14, 2023 4:49 PM

What drug are you taking to address your ugliness?

by Anonymousreply 90June 14, 2023 6:51 PM

Except from an article I read today:

Ozempic takes the pleasure out of eating and makes life so 'miserably boring' that many people quit taking it, a scientist who helped develop the drug has said.

Jens Juul Holst, who found the hormone mimicked by Ozempic, warned that this was the 'price to pay' for using the wonder drug — adding that most patients give up within two years.

The drug makes people feel no pleasure from food by mimicking the action of the GLP-1 hormone, or glucagon-like peptide-1, regulating appetite to make someone constantly feel full.

The scientist's statements are echoed in a 2020 study that monitored diabetic patients taking an Ozempic-like medication and found 70 percent stopped usage. He believes the reason for this was a lack of interest in food.

In an interview with Wired, Holst revealed: 'So, you don't eat through [taking the drug] because you've lost interest in food.

'That may eventually be a problem, that once you've been on this for a year or two, life is so miserably boring that you can't stand it any longer, and you have to go back to your old life.'

Ozempic and Wegovy have taken the US public by storm with their promise to help someone shed weight with little more than a weekly injection.

Prescriptions have spiraled more than 2,000 percent in just three years, from 230,000 a year in 2019 to more than five million last year alone — and are projected to keep rising.

by Anonymousreply 91June 14, 2023 7:09 PM

It definitely has removed the pleasure from all my vice type activities. I hear weed is still fine for people tho. It has increased pleasure from gardening and getting my house cleaned up. I guess exercise is okay too, but I've always sort of hated it

by Anonymousreply 92June 14, 2023 7:54 PM

You should start liking it, then you could probably cut back on the ozempic.

by Anonymousreply 93June 14, 2023 7:57 PM

[quote] Ozempic takes the pleasure out of eating

Same goes for sex on antidepressants.

by Anonymousreply 94June 14, 2023 9:04 PM

[ r 84 ] Weird about the Celexa.. I started binge drinking on Celexa. Was on 20 mg. Weened myself off of it but anxiety started up again a few years later. I went back to a 5mg micro dose and have felt this works well for me.

I have friends o n Ozempic who are overweight but not diabetic. They have definitely lost a few pounds but going out to dinner with them is rather strange. they pick at their food and don't seem to get much enjoyment from eating at all.

by Anonymousreply 95June 14, 2023 10:44 PM

Bump! Did you die OP?

by Anonymousreply 96June 28, 2023 10:04 AM

^ I think he faded away.

by Anonymousreply 97June 28, 2023 10:53 AM

It is not the joy it takes out ot food. It is a post-eating experience. If you eat late, if you eat particularly greasy or fatty food, you will have the unpleasant experience of waking up at two in the morning with stomach pains followed by puking. Have that happen a few times and you start to think about everything you eat and whether it makes me puke. I now eat mostly greens for dinner because they don't cause me to vomit.

by Anonymousreply 98June 28, 2023 1:42 PM

I just started today. I want to hear more stories!

by Anonymousreply 99November 4, 2023 3:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!