Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I moved to Poughkeepsie. Too radical?

I moved to Poughkeepsie a year ago exactly. I left my miserable life at 52 in Camden. I lost my husband and both parents all within a short time for one another. They were all fairly young. So to help with my grief, I sold everything including my mother's Precious Moments Collection and my double wide and quit my job (I was in housewares and home decor at HomeGoods for 20 years) and quietly left my friends and what was left of my family. I now live in a van near the river in Poughkeepsie. I don’t work (I am writing a book but mostly for myself). I am learning to cook meth. And I’m surviving. My van is warm and I live off handouts. I will be in Staten Island for the month of August at the Walmart Parking Lot near the Cedar Grove beach. And I brought my artwork and my cat. This is my life. I still cry daily for my soulmate. For him. But the sex is easy (with young virile men too) and I’ve made a circle of 3 good friends here. People visit me often in my van down by the river. This is my life. Why do people from “home” still consider me crazy for this?

by Anonymousreply 9May 20, 2023 11:56 PM

How is small town Poughkeepsie?

by Anonymousreply 1May 20, 2023 11:19 PM

0/10

by Anonymousreply 2May 20, 2023 11:22 PM

When I went to Vassar (around 1990), my social psychology professor had a Sunday comics strip from the local newspaper pasted to his office door, just above the office hours.

In it, there were two young adventurers and an older man stuck on the ocean bottom, in a broken down sub, being attacked by a variety of sea monsters. One of the kids turned to the man and said, "Gosh, Professor! I can't imagine being in a worse spot!"

And the Professor says: "I can. Poughkeepsie."

by Anonymousreply 3May 20, 2023 11:29 PM

I like cats...Cats are good company.

What kind of Meth!! Don't let the cats get near it; have good ventilation.

by Anonymousreply 4May 20, 2023 11:40 PM

Are you learning Poughkeepsian, OP, or did you already speak it a little?

by Anonymousreply 5May 20, 2023 11:41 PM

I would have headed for Schenectady.

by Anonymousreply 6May 20, 2023 11:44 PM

Is the food as fabulous as everyone says it is?

by Anonymousreply 7May 20, 2023 11:49 PM

I don't cook the meth in my van. I'm not insane! Sheesh!

by Anonymousreply 8May 20, 2023 11:51 PM

I hope your millions in diverse investments will continue to land you nonstop quality young ass in Poughkeepsie!

by Anonymousreply 9May 20, 2023 11:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!