Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

OUTRAGEOUS BEHAVIOR: Texas nuns sue bishop after he accuses Mother Superior of having sex with priest

A group of Carmelite nuns accused a Texas bishop of “pure evil” after he shut down their monastery over allegations that their Mother Superior had sex with a priest.

The Arlington-based Discalced Carmelite Nuns filed a lawsuit against Bishop Michael Olson of the Fort Worth Diocese after he ordered the seizure of computers and a phone and barred priests from conducting mass at their monastery over allegations that Mother Superior Teresa Agnes Gerlach broke her vow of chastity, according to reports.

According to the lawsuit, filed in Tarrant County Court, Olson burst into the monastery last month and began interrogating Gerlach over the alleged affair.

The grilling came immediately after the nun, who uses a wheelchair, had undergone a surgical procedure and was still under the effects of general anesthesia and pain medication, including fentanyl, reports say.

The diocese says she admitted to the affair, but the sisters’ attorney, Matthew Bobo, said in a statement to Catholic News Agency earlier this week that Gerlach was “under heavy medication from a procedure” and does not recall what she admitted.

“They are making it sound like she had some sexual liaison affair with another priest and that did not happen,” Bobo said.

“[Bishop Olson] and his agents are abusing their power, inflicting moral violence and psychological distress on the plaintiffs and the sisters by undertaking an illegal, unholy, unwarranted, explicit, and systematic assault upon the sanctity and autonomy of the plaintiffs and the sisters,” Bobo said.

This week, the Diocese of Fort Worth posted a statement on its website, saying the Reverend Mother had “violated her vow of chastity with a priest from outside the Diocese of Fort Worth.”

It filed a response to the nuns’ lawsuit Thursday, calling the matter an “ecclesiastical dispute” that has no place in a civil court, the Catholic News Agency reported.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 10, 2023 5:02 PM

Now here’s a GoFundMe I’d contribute to!

(Even if the Catholic Church is poison.)

by Anonymousreply 1May 20, 2023 5:29 PM

That Bishop is clearly a conniving little man who wants to sell off that nunnery so he can buy more boys.

by Anonymousreply 2May 20, 2023 5:42 PM

your convent has been nationalized and your fellow nuns are taking a vote on whether or no to swear a vow of martyrdom. if one person votes no then you won’t. how do you vote?

a) yes

b) fuck no

c) a secret third thing (fake a vote no but then change your mind and somehow take it back)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 20, 2023 5:44 PM

The Mother Superior asked Faye Dunaway to help her write an official public statement this weekend, and here is what Mother Superior released just minutes ago:

"This is yet another capricious act by a capricious little homosexual boy. If I had left the charges unanswered, the damages would have been severe.”

by Anonymousreply 4May 20, 2023 5:49 PM

He looks like an ass clown.

by Anonymousreply 5May 20, 2023 5:49 PM

That's a trick habit one can tear off in one go. Thank you velcro.

by Anonymousreply 6May 20, 2023 6:31 PM

I'm in favor of anything that sullies the reputation of the Catholic Church.

by Anonymousreply 7May 20, 2023 6:45 PM

I wanted to push her down some stairs, but my conscious made me settle for a sex scandal instead.

by Anonymousreply 8May 20, 2023 6:50 PM

…starring Mike Myers as The Bishop, in this summer’s wacky new comedy, “Having Nun Of It”! In theaters soon!

by Anonymousreply 9May 20, 2023 6:52 PM

A new Monsignor came to our church and started charging the nuns rent for living in the convent.

by Anonymousreply 10May 20, 2023 6:54 PM

All Catholic clergy hate women. It's part of the job description.

by Anonymousreply 11May 20, 2023 6:58 PM

I'm going to go way out on a limb and assume the priest and his parrish were not similarly punished.

Call me crazy.

by Anonymousreply 12May 20, 2023 7:03 PM

The Priest probably got a high-five.

by Anonymousreply 13May 20, 2023 7:05 PM

Was the Mother Superior that ho from Where the Boys Are?

by Anonymousreply 14May 20, 2023 8:10 PM

Sister Teresa Agnes:

[quote]Bishop, I'm just trying to explain to you how things really are. You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair.

Bishop Olson, uttering the words he's waited a lifetime to say:

[quote]But you *are*, Sister! You *are* in that chair!

by Anonymousreply 15May 20, 2023 8:27 PM

Great. Cloistered nuns are having more sex than I am.

by Anonymousreply 16May 20, 2023 11:13 PM

[quote]r14 Was the Mother Superior that ho from Where the Boys Are?

Leave me the FUCK out of this!

God bless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 20, 2023 11:21 PM

Sister Mary Stigmata would have torn this bishop a new one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 20, 2023 11:34 PM

Mother Superior kind of looks like Glenda Jackson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 20, 2023 11:40 PM

When former New York Archibishop Edward Egan was Bishop of Bridgeport, Connecticut, he tried to claim that Priests were "Independent Contractors," so the Diocese wouldn't have for sexual offenses.

by Anonymousreply 20May 20, 2023 11:48 PM

Now this is a movie for the DL!

Watergate in a Nunnery! Get thee…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 20, 2023 11:54 PM

I love that movie! So funny, with a DREAM cast!!

by Anonymousreply 22May 21, 2023 1:27 AM

SEE? This is why we needed the Order of the Cruciform Sword from Netflix's Warrior Nun. They would've taken care of this Bishop in a millisecond. But Netflix had to go and cancel the show.

Thanks Netflix! 🙄

by Anonymousreply 23May 21, 2023 1:44 AM

It probably wasn’t full-on sex the accused nun was doing with the priest. Just spanking. With a ruler.

by Anonymousreply 24May 21, 2023 2:46 AM

The Bishop is calling the monastery his "weekend house" now, and he's having the 98-year-old rose gardens dug up so he can put in a big pool and hot tub.

by Anonymousreply 25May 21, 2023 10:35 AM

Wasn't this one of the tales from Boccaccio's Decameron?

by Anonymousreply 26May 21, 2023 11:44 AM

The nun is probably guilty and the bishop looks like he is smelling cookies.

by Anonymousreply 27May 21, 2023 11:49 AM

[quote] When former New York Archibishop Edward Egan was Bishop of Bridgeport, Connecticut, he tried to claim that Priests were "Independent Contractors," so the Diocese wouldn't have for sexual offenses.

A man after my own heart!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 21, 2023 11:50 AM

Does anyone subscribe to Slate?

I can't access this story and it's not on the Wayback Machine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 5, 2023 4:56 PM

I do believe it was, R26!

by Anonymousreply 30September 5, 2023 5:00 PM

R29, it worked fine for me.

Try this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 10, 2023 3:08 PM

R29, try this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 10, 2023 3:09 PM

Try this, R29.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33September 10, 2023 3:09 PM

Dammit, sorry for the multiple posts. DL is misbehaving.

by Anonymousreply 34September 10, 2023 3:10 PM

Thank you r32/r33/r34!

by Anonymousreply 35September 10, 2023 5:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!