Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Killers of the Flower Moon Trailer

DiCaprio is 100% a Polish peasant now

No billing for Oscar winner Brendan Fraser but billing for Jesse Plemmons?

Three and a half hour movie seems like a bomb in the making but Apple just wants it for prestige bragging rights

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 30, 2023 11:16 PM

I loved this book, but given the scope of the story, it might have been better getting the HBO limited series treatment rather than a movie

by Anonymousreply 1May 18, 2023 1:36 PM

No! I MUST save cinema!

by Anonymousreply 2May 18, 2023 1:39 PM

The trailer reminds me of “There Will Be Blood.”

by Anonymousreply 3May 18, 2023 1:52 PM

Colour me intrigued, this is a lot better than that Oppenheimer trailer we got the other week.

by Anonymousreply 4May 18, 2023 2:39 PM

Fraser said his role in the movie is very brief, a glorified cameo.

by Anonymousreply 5May 18, 2023 2:40 PM

It looks gorgeous, like an old-fashioned real movie movie - so tired of ugly CG garbage

(and no this is not, unfortunately, Scorsese himself typing this)

by Anonymousreply 6May 18, 2023 2:41 PM

I actually think the CG looks fake and cheap

by Anonymousreply 7May 18, 2023 3:12 PM

I love Scorsese, but Jesus Christ. That supercut of dreary violence with the tried and true thumping trailer music is beyond tiresome. Hope the movie is better than the trailer suggests. Would love if Scorsese surprised us with something out of left field for a change, instead of the variations on the same theme we've gotten from him for 30+ years.

by Anonymousreply 8May 19, 2023 4:31 PM

He should have made a movie about…

THE TRANS!

by Anonymousreply 9May 19, 2023 4:35 PM

It's great to see Suzanne Pleshette back on screen.

by Anonymousreply 10May 19, 2023 4:39 PM

Second Native American/Indigenous themed movie from Leo. what gives?

by Anonymousreply 11May 19, 2023 4:42 PM

I'm not crazy about the look of this movie. I've read the book, and it was heartbreaking, but well written. I don't think this movie will stand up to it. JMO.

by Anonymousreply 12May 19, 2023 4:51 PM

Why does Leo talks like that in the trailer? Is it supposed to be some specific accent?

by Anonymousreply 13May 30, 2023 3:02 PM

Why does Hollywood think we want to watch Leonardo?

by Anonymousreply 14May 30, 2023 3:32 PM

I don't see why them movie has to be super long, because a good, succinct filmmaker who knows how to reduce a story for maximal dramatic and cinematic impact would concentrate on the story of one family in conflict, and the one man who has a stake in both sides of a conflict.

How could that story be stretched out to three hours long, unless they include a side plot or every detail of an extended investigation? I really think the length of the film is a bad sign, as if Scorcese got lost in details and forgot about bringing out the heart of the story.

by Anonymousreply 15May 30, 2023 8:00 PM

[quote] DiCaprio is 100% a Polish peasant now

Agreed. He's starting to morph into Martha Stewart right before our eyes!

by Anonymousreply 16May 30, 2023 8:06 PM

Three and a half hour movie about white guilt seems like a bomb in the making.

by Anonymousreply 17May 30, 2023 8:08 PM

R14: He gets films greenlit. Believe me they don't hire him for his looks or acting talent.

by Anonymousreply 18May 30, 2023 8:09 PM

"Can you find [X] in this picture?" is a modern trope.

by Anonymousreply 19May 30, 2023 9:28 PM

R15 3-3.5 hour long movie isn't too long for me. If the movie is good. If i like the movie I go with the longer the better. I absolutely hate movies that are 90 minutes long. That's closer to a tv show than a real movie.

by Anonymousreply 20May 30, 2023 11:16 PM

R19 What do you mean?

by Anonymousreply 21May 30, 2023 11:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!