Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DL Fav Roisin Murphy Brings us her HIT PARADE

New album, Hit Parade (ha! I love her sense of humor) is out in September. I'm still getting adjusted to this sound she appears to be delivering. Very breezy, summery and a departure from the denser, darker and more dance-forward music of recent releases.

The artwork is actually bonkers... which is great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 6, 2023 2:24 AM

First single released a couple of months ago...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 18, 2023 6:13 AM

New single, released this week...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 18, 2023 6:14 AM

I wish she would take her twisted sensibility and apply it to a straightforward dance-pop album again.

Overpowered is 15 years old and it's still miles ahead of Jessie Ware and Dua Lipa and others currently promoted-to-the-sky.

She's piddled around with abstract stuff for four or five albums now. Just do a pop one already.

by Anonymousreply 3May 18, 2023 6:33 AM

R3, I'd argue Overpowered wasn't "straightforward" dance-pop. She's always been left-of-center. And, she's been heavy into dance music the last few years -- especially with Roisin Machine. It's not like she's been making some inaccessible performance art, her stuff has been full of undeniable hooks even amidst all the weirdness. I just don't see her ever repeating Overpowered. I'm fine with wherever the muse takes her. She's keeping it interesting.

by Anonymousreply 4May 18, 2023 7:01 AM

CooCool is breezy and fun, but The Universe takes this to another level. This one's an earworm I can't shake. It's catchier than any song should be allowed to be. Can't wait for the album.

by Anonymousreply 5May 18, 2023 10:20 PM

Roisin Murphy has always been alternative, electronic, European, dance music even on her 2005 debut, Ruby Blue. No reason why she would change. Her follow up album, Overpowered, was an attempt to breakthrough into America, but that didn't happen, so she took a break to live, start a family, and enjoy being a blonde, white women in Europe.

She had worked on Roisin Machine for a decade and it became her most successful album yet (not saying much, honestly). Hit Parade is a departure, but not by much. She's knows she'll never be truly mainstream nor does she try to be. Roisin had two kids from two different men who were able to fund her artistic pursuits. She's always delivered strong lyricism and a unique voice.

Below is the live Covid concert made during lockdown to support Roisin Machine. She's wearing the same designer who used accordion pleating that Shea later wore on RPDR AS7: All Winners Season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 18, 2023 10:33 PM

Why does R6 read like AI? I know it's not, but, LOL?

by Anonymousreply 7May 18, 2023 11:50 PM

The Italian covers EP was also great. And quite pop.

by Anonymousreply 8May 18, 2023 11:54 PM

She's playing NY and LA later this year. I imagine she'll get some festival slots or perhaps some other proper tour dates inbetween those two shows? I saw her in SF back in... 2016ish?

by Anonymousreply 9May 19, 2023 1:23 PM

Roisin Machine was DANCE along with the long remixes made in-house. Praise as well for her freaky performances from home during deep covid? 🤩🥳🤡

by Anonymousreply 10May 19, 2023 4:21 PM

New song sucks

This will flop as expected

by Anonymousreply 11May 19, 2023 4:37 PM

Third song from the album, Fader. Cute video filmed in her childhood hometown. Song is very nice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 20, 2023 4:23 PM

Interesting profile

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 22, 2023 1:03 PM

Is Roisin's career really over? Maybe her comments were misguided, but what a shame to have such an interesting musical career ended because of one statement.

by Anonymousreply 14September 1, 2023 3:11 AM

The internet told me she was a TERF, and I will ask zero follow-up questions lest I be branded one too!

by Anonymousreply 15September 1, 2023 3:15 AM

I'm really mad that she's getting slammed. She's been supportive of trans people, but she learned that you cannot ever ever ever ever ever ever EVER question anything or you're forever the most evil person who ever ever ever ever ever ever EVER lived.

by Anonymousreply 16September 1, 2023 3:51 AM

Poor mother

by Anonymousreply 17September 1, 2023 7:31 AM

The right used to burn JK Rowling’s books, now it’s the left.

The right tried to cancel Sinead and now the left are trying to cancel Roisin. And what a surprise that the artists who eulogised Sinead’s bravery are silent at Roisin’s record company cancelling all promotion of her album.

by Anonymousreply 18September 1, 2023 8:01 AM

Oh Roisin. Fuck. You're still my girl, but you have gotten yourself into some shit with this that I don't see any out of. Two fucking weeks before the album drops.

Fuck

by Anonymousreply 19September 3, 2023 11:47 PM

R19 - yeah, She really shit the bed with this one. I hope her career can recover. I truly believe she meant well and I have no doubt that she loves and supports the LGBTQ community.

by Anonymousreply 20September 4, 2023 4:41 AM

Sing it back, girl.

by Anonymousreply 21September 6, 2023 2:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!