Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sorry, Wrong Number

So I'm continuing my binge of classic noir movies I've never seen. Following threads on Double Indemnity & The Postman Always Rings Twice I've now watched the brilliant Sorry, Wrong Number.

Firstly, Barbara was great here as an annoying, spoiled and neurotic wife holding onto her trophy husband, played by the beautiful Burt Lancaster. Secondly, I'd be er seen Burt act before and he was great too!

Am I right in thinking that he's meant to be selling off drugs from the pharmacies, I think the Production Code compelled them to change it to "chemical materials".

I wasn't expecting the surprise ending either! Anyone got some thoughts on this movie?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 14, 2023 1:46 PM

It's fabulous. Murder, She Wrote even stole it for an episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 14, 2023 12:41 PM

She was no Agnes Moorehead!

by Anonymousreply 2May 14, 2023 12:43 PM

This is one of my favorites!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 14, 2023 12:54 PM

I’ve never seen the movie though I love the radio play. Loni Anderson did a made for TV remake in the 80s. I’m sure it’s superior in every way

by Anonymousreply 4May 14, 2023 12:58 PM

The Cough Drop Queen

by Anonymousreply 5May 14, 2023 1:00 PM

R5 haha. She sure was shrill

R1 I was just going to reference the Murder, She Wrote episode where Jess is bed bound after putting her back out putting up storm windows!

by Anonymousreply 6May 14, 2023 1:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!