Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anderson Cooper defends CNN town hall

Apparently we're the problem for their network-sponsored Trump rally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395May 26, 2023 2:01 AM

Dear Anderson,

Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 1May 12, 2023 3:02 AM

I don't use Twitter

by Anonymousreply 2May 12, 2023 3:09 AM

Anderson is a fucking moron. Is CNN giving town halls to other private citizens? And if you just want to keep this in the politics realm, where is Nimarata's town hall? Or Rhonda's? Where are their platforms? Where is Obama's townhall as a private citizen and former President? Once Trump gets the nomination and you want to give him a town hall, have at it. But right now, Trump is nothing but an announced candidate and CNN is doing what they did back in 2016, giving the clown free airtime. Fuck Anderson Cooper and fuck CNN.

by Anonymousreply 3May 12, 2023 3:18 AM

I saw that on Twitter. Fuck Anderson. He's just a whore to the bosses, the new owners. The entire Anderson Cooper performance was damage control. Things must be terrible over there. Licht was quoted as saying how totally great it all was then next morning. He is actually reprimanding us? We're in silos? We have to listen to "opposing points of view?" This is like Alice in Wonderland. Everything is upside down and backwards. Why is it, we the people who oppose extremism, oppose the Extreme Right, have to be pressured to "listen to opposing views?"

by Anonymousreply 4May 12, 2023 3:19 AM

Fuck the little heiress.

by Anonymousreply 5May 12, 2023 3:20 AM

He looks old. CNN is now a right wing ass licking network and Anderson is headed to be a conservative, ass licking rich boy.

by Anonymousreply 6May 12, 2023 3:21 AM

Not listening to those who did this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 12, 2023 3:22 AM

Opposing views, my left nut. He was given airtime to lie and push conspiracy theories. There was no justification for it.

by Anonymousreply 8May 12, 2023 3:38 AM

[quote]Cooper: You have every right to be outraged today and angry and never watch this network again. But do you think staying in your silo and only listening to people you agree with is going to make that person go away?

"Silo"???

BITCH, YOU'RE AN ACTUAL VANDERBILT.

Which one of us is in a "silo"?

by Anonymousreply 9May 12, 2023 3:43 AM

Good time to point out that AC was a major both-sideser during the 2016 elections. And he excused the excessive airtime that CNN gave Trump back then by saying he simply makes himself available more than other candidates. As if it's out of the PROFESSIONAL network's hands to regulate its own content against the demands of an attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 10May 12, 2023 3:43 AM

You're out the door next, fag.

by Anonymousreply 11May 12, 2023 3:45 AM

I agree. AC shoukd go straight to hell. DLemon shoukd be glad he separated from this Jerry springer network. And why did they fire him? Mysogony?

Caitlin should have left the stage when he called her nasty.

by Anonymousreply 12May 12, 2023 3:46 AM

Team Kathy!

by Anonymousreply 13May 12, 2023 3:57 AM

He knows we don't need a reminder of what Trump stands for, we're told this every day, and have been for over seven years.

"You just want to stay in your little bubble" is childish and petulant, and if that's all they could come up with then they know they fucked up. It's also possible they're deliberately trying to chase off centrist and liberal viewers.

by Anonymousreply 14May 12, 2023 4:05 AM

Exactly R14. They CREATE the bubble and give it air. Most Americans want to move on from this twat, except for the 30-35% of loons. They focus on the ratings grab but won't admit it.

by Anonymousreply 15May 12, 2023 4:09 AM

[quote] he excused the excessive airtime that CNN gave Trump

Someday he should address the Clinton campaign gloating they had instructed media to make Trump the republican leader.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 12, 2023 4:12 AM

One of the reasons why he won is because news media gave him validity because they found him entertaining and ignoring the effect it was having on people. They gave him more power.

CNN is absolutely one of (not all) the reasons as to why he got into the White House.

by Anonymousreply 17May 12, 2023 4:16 AM

[quote] He looks old.

The greatest burn DL can come up.

by Anonymousreply 18May 12, 2023 4:16 AM

Poor Anderson. Thinks he’s the next Bret Baire, presents (hole) like Bret Baier, but he’s just a dumb whore for his business Daddy like Brian Kilmeade.

by Anonymousreply 19May 12, 2023 4:21 AM

Should've never left The Mole if he wanted to host unhinged reality TV characters

by Anonymousreply 20May 12, 2023 4:28 AM

Cooper: “ But do you think staying in your silo and only listening to people you agree with is going to make that person go away?”

And this coming from the now preachy and condescending corporate boy, who used to do his hysterical “Keeping Them Honest” segment, by trashing Trump while giving us his major eye roll. It was funny, and you could always hear the studio crew cracking up. Now we have this new prick, Licht. Licht, the new blood on a mission to bridge the gap and make nice between trump loving deplorables and dems. Good luck asshole. Not going to happen. I’ll stay in my silo, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 21May 12, 2023 4:52 AM

Donald Trump’s town hall boosted CNN’s ratings to their highest in years, bringing in 3.3 million viewers in his 8pm slot last night.

The audience was double that of Fox and MSNBC

473,000 average CNN pulled in in March this year.

In the key demographic of 25-54, the ratings increased to 781,000 – five times the average.

by Anonymousreply 22May 12, 2023 4:57 AM

I gave up watching cable news, but it’s impossible to not hear what right-wing loons are screaming about. Also, there’s no “both sides of the issue” when it comes to cheering a guy making fun of a woman he was found liable for sexually assaulting. We already know who Trump is. This town hall was a cynical and craven attempt to appeal to Fox viewers.

by Anonymousreply 23May 12, 2023 5:04 AM

Yes R22, I realize that. No doubt in my mind those numbers dropped today. Do you think the deplorables “checked in” to CNN today, as they did last night to see and hear their Orange god? No. I also have no doubt that as soon as Trump left the stage none of those deplorables stuck around for the Jake Tapper brigade who fact checked trump for two hours. CNN shot their load for an hours worth of ratings, in lieu of a much longer lasting wrath of negative backlash.

by Anonymousreply 24May 12, 2023 5:11 AM

How is listening to a traitor getting the other side of the issue?

by Anonymousreply 25May 12, 2023 5:18 AM

I find it very amusing that CNN thought they could trot out Anderson Cooper to do damage control, as if his popularity and his professional reputation could mitigate the stink of failure. I unfollowed Anderson on Instagram and Twitter and if anyone is following him I suggest you unfollow him. Let him feel the heat. CNN is in full throated damage control. I think Jake Tapper and Dana Bash will be next out the gate . CNN is dead to me. And fuck Anderson Cooper for being the arrogant prick who thinks he can reprimand the public, chastise us like he is some fucking authority. Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 26May 12, 2023 5:19 AM

Why are we chastised as the ones who live in a bubble when the actual bubble is the MAGA base? Why cater to their alternate reality where daddy Donald never lies?

by Anonymousreply 27May 12, 2023 5:27 AM

The backlash noted in OP‘s post is deadly. Good.

by Anonymousreply 28May 12, 2023 5:49 AM

Anderson Cooper is a real half-wit posing as an intellectual.

I've always found him quite dumb.

by Anonymousreply 29May 12, 2023 5:56 AM

[R29] I remember when AC interviewed a guy in Cleveland I think, some black guy who had helped a woman escape from the house of her kidnapper, and as he was recounting the story AC was acting all start-struck, saying what a hero the black guy was, and the guy kept pointedly throwing looks at AC's pants pocket & miming like 'so where's my reward $$$' and AC was totally oblivious to his non-verbal cues & kept prattling on about how the whole country now is seeing a hero, etc. It was a poor neighborhood and the guy was obviously living sketch and AC showed his true colors right then and there. Transparent. AC is an automatic 'disregard' at all times.

by Anonymousreply 30May 12, 2023 6:07 AM

R29 Every once in a while he'll make a choice that shows his lack of education in journalism. (Sincerely-- he was hired for looks/personality and does not have a degree.) Like when he refused to mention the name of the Texas mass shooter a few years ago over "morals" or something. Even if that's basic information of the tragedy that people need to know.

by Anonymousreply 31May 12, 2023 6:09 AM

'star-struck' of course

by Anonymousreply 32May 12, 2023 6:09 AM

I’ve always liked Anderson, but in this situation he’s stuck playing the Company Man and his reputation will suffer. The irony is that if this town hall fiasco ran on a different network, Anderson would be mocking it on his RidicuList segment.

by Anonymousreply 33May 12, 2023 6:27 AM

Nobody watches Anderson Cooper anymore and his ratings prove it. His eskimo brother Andy didn't exactly help his ratings at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34May 12, 2023 6:33 AM

Was a single thing said by Trump in that town hall that we don't hear ad infinitum from every major news source and social media? And Anderson is perpetrating like he's exposing us to some brand new information. Fuck him.

As mentioned above, let them give some other private citizens who are as presidential as Trump their own town hall, like TS Madison, Machine Gun Kelly, or Tila Tequila.

by Anonymousreply 35May 12, 2023 6:36 AM

Anderson lecturing us that the deplorables in the studio audience represent 50% of the public is a blatant lie. Maybe 30% AT MOST.

by Anonymousreply 36May 12, 2023 6:44 AM

R33. And Anderson KNOWS its a pile a crap he delivered. I'd hate him but he probably hates himself just a little bit this week. He must really want the money that is coming in, however. So he's cynical. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 37May 12, 2023 7:13 AM

Chris Licht and John Malone are really destroying a network that had such history

now to be clear CNN started going down hill when piece of shit Piers Morgan was named to replace Larry King but we're far beyond that point now.

Anderson looks like an idiot for lecturing people who are rightfully upset about the stupid townhall

by Anonymousreply 38May 12, 2023 9:41 AM

Think AC reads DL?

A girl can dream...

by Anonymousreply 39May 12, 2023 9:59 AM

Anderson is checked out. He spent years saying not very nice things about his mother while she was alive. Now that she kicked the bucket he acts like she's a saint. Not to mention WHAT mommy was arguing with her son about when he plunged over the balcony---oh wait. Blame the INHALER since he had no drugs or alcohol in his system? And Anderson "still has questions"...Gimme a break.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 12, 2023 10:05 AM

r26's comment made me check Anderson's following on SocialBlade, and apparently his Twitter followers have dropped 32% over the last two weeks. He lost quite a few yesterday but lost even more back on the 2nd, I wonder what happened then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 12, 2023 10:11 AM

Anderson Sadfishing....Mommys Dead!!...Daddys Dead!!!....Carters Dead!!.....sigh....

by Anonymousreply 42May 12, 2023 10:12 AM

Anderson surely inherited lots of money and property. Why is he so work-obsessed? I'm tired of seeing him all over the place. I hope 60 Minutes is done with him

he has kids now so he shouldn't be obsessing about being on CNN every 5 seconds. I see he has yet another show on CNN now exploring topics.

does the babysitter spend more time with the kids than he does?

by Anonymousreply 43May 12, 2023 10:12 AM

If Anderson Cooper was my boyfriend I would be making out with other guys too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44May 12, 2023 10:13 AM

I always thought Cooper was gross and overinflated. I remember those long, long threads about him and could never understand the fascination. What a sell out he is.

by Anonymousreply 45May 12, 2023 10:23 AM

Cooper did NOT inherit much at all. DO KEEP UP. Cooper pas supporting that old bag for years. She was conned by her business associates. She would have had half a billion by her dotage. Considering how much merch she moved in her hay day. Instead was living on a budget. Cooper has a huge fortune, earned in media. He needs to redevelop his spine.

by Anonymousreply 46May 12, 2023 10:33 AM

[quote]Anderson looks like an idiot for lecturing people who are rightfully upset about the stupid townhall

What he looks like is a coward with zero integrity. Of everybody at CNN, Cooper is the one best suited to take a public stand here and call out the dangerous bullshit being pushed by John Malone, David Zaslav and their lackey, Chris Licht. There is absolutely no need for him to play company man--if he got fired for it he'd have no trouble finding another job, and he doesn't need one anyway. He'd be a hero if he spoke up, but that would require a spine and functioning sense of journalistic ethics. He's officially chosen to be someone on the wrong side of history.

by Anonymousreply 47May 12, 2023 10:59 AM

If CNN helps Trump win again and the MAGAts come for the staff of that network and their families --and they will-- they won't spare Cooper.

Trump has already promised to kill journalists should he get a second term. Cooper, an out gay man, will either get the Kashoggi treatment from redneck MAGAts, or worse from Qanonners who thinks you drink infant blood. It will be televised as all special executions will be under Trump (also as promised by Trump).

He should remember that when he gets out of bed for his daily commute, walks into work, and spews bullshit both-siderism like this.

by Anonymousreply 48May 12, 2023 11:02 AM

*who think he drinks infant blood

by Anonymousreply 49May 12, 2023 11:03 AM

[quote]. DLemon shoukd be glad he separated from this Jerry springer network. And why did they fire him? Mysogony?

They fired him for outrageously shitty behavior towards his colleagues, the female ones in particular, which finally spilled out onto the air. If you or I sent creepy, threatening texts to a co-worker who got an assignment we wanted, we'd be fired on the spot. Yet Lemon's behavior was swept under the rug for years, time and time again, thanks to friends in the right places--and hiding behind his race and his sexual orientation. He is no victim.

by Anonymousreply 50May 12, 2023 11:04 AM

Preach, R3!

by Anonymousreply 51May 12, 2023 11:04 AM

The defense from the assholes at the helm of CNN that we should "hear from all sides" is pathetic, stupid and weak for the very reason R3 stated.

Who the fuck is he at this point except an announced candidate? Asa Hutchinson also announced and he is a Republican, too. Why shouldn't we hear from him since he's a Republican? Is there no platform to be given to those who are not a convicted sexually assaulter, criminal and terrorist filth who tried to overthrow the govt?

by Anonymousreply 52May 12, 2023 11:11 AM

Never thought much of CNN or it's on-air talent, including Anderson Cooper (and Don Lemon).Don't forget that they have inflicted Tucker Carlson, Lou Dobbs and Glenn Beck on us in tgheast. They've always sucked.

by Anonymousreply 53May 12, 2023 11:18 AM

He was way more palatable when he was an underdog.

by Anonymousreply 54May 12, 2023 11:21 AM

These two make me gag. The media coverage is relentless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55May 12, 2023 11:23 AM

normalizing rape

by Anonymousreply 56May 12, 2023 11:24 AM

Just what we needed…a chiding patriarchal figure telling us to expand our horizons.

by Anonymousreply 57May 12, 2023 11:29 AM

This thread sounds like a bunch of Bernie Sanders trolls have a whine about their usual hates.

by Anonymousreply 58May 12, 2023 11:37 AM

R58, what a tiresome, lazy and downright stupid response.

by Anonymousreply 59May 12, 2023 11:38 AM

I hate Bernie. One need not be a Berniebot to find fault with CNN's actions and Cooper's bullshit chiding of people for daring to criticize his overlords' agenda. Get over yourself, R58.

by Anonymousreply 60May 12, 2023 11:46 AM

Do the 40 woman get a cheering town hall with a built in fan base of non-maggots?

by Anonymousreply 61May 12, 2023 11:48 AM

Yeah, why aren't they giving a Town Hall to Asa Hutchinson? At least he appears to be sane. Of course if they're gonna give Town Halls to everybody who announced for the Presidency, we'll have Cray-cray Bobby Kennedy and Looney Tune Williamson getting Town Halls too.

by Anonymousreply 62May 12, 2023 11:52 AM

[quote] I’ll stay in my silo, thank you.

Don’t stay in your silo, come out and roam with the rest of us. Help us collect the deplorable MAGAts and dump THEM in a silo, then seal it.

[quote] Why are we chastised as the ones who live in a bubble when the actual bubble is the MAGA base?

Precisely!

I’ll admit I didn’t see the big deal when they first started advertising for this dumpster fire. I figured there’s nothing new in The Pussygrabber’s arsenal and it would be amusing to watch the Queen of RBF skewer him.

But when I saw clips of not just The Pussygrabber, but that audience! Well I never in all my life! Especially after it was said the audience was supposed to be likely NH voters but ended up being a roomful of Q. VERY disingenuous on CNN’s part.

I hope Kaitlyn Collins realized just what danger Licht put her in, kicks him in the cuntbone, breaks a smile, then goes back to her usual RBF.

by Anonymousreply 63May 12, 2023 11:52 AM

[quote] I’ll stay in my silo, thank you.

Don’t stay in your silo, come out and roam with the rest of us. Help us collect the deplorable MAGAts and dump THEM in a silo, then seal it.

[quote] Why are we chastised as the ones who live in a bubble when the actual bubble is the MAGA base?

Precisely!

I’ll admit I didn’t see the big deal when they first started advertising for this dumpster fire. I figured there’s nothing new in The Pussygrabber’s arsenal and it would be amusing to watch the Queen of RBF skewer him.

But when I saw clips of not just The Pussygrabber, but that audience! Well I never in all my life! Especially after it was said the audience was supposed to be likely NH voters but ended up being a roomful of Q. VERY disingenuous on CNN’s part.

I hope Kaitlyn Collins realized just what danger Licht put her in, kicks him in the cuntbone, breaks a smile, then goes back to her usual RBF.

by Anonymousreply 64May 12, 2023 11:53 AM

R54, who in the hell are you even talking about? You can't possibly be talking about the orange dogshit racist birther trash who was born on third, who stiffed contractors and various other actual "underdogs" and has been allowed to fail upward his whole life. He was never an "underdog." An underdog is usually someone you root for, not a fucking wealthy, criminal grand wizard who rose to the top of the GOP solely based on bullhorning what we all knew about the avg Republican: They're racists and bigots. WTF else would they allow a moron who knew less than shit and who couldn't pass a third grade test on American history (let alone pass the citizenship test that neither his mother nor two of his whore wives probably took since they all got here illegally), to become their nominee?

by Anonymousreply 65May 12, 2023 11:55 AM

R61 women*

by Anonymousreply 66May 12, 2023 11:58 AM

[quote]I hope Kaitlyn Collins realized just what danger Licht put her in,

I couldn't care less. An asshole like her who wrote for the Daily Caller and says garbage like this, deserves karma. I doubt the rancid cunt did a 180 on her beliefs:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67May 12, 2023 12:07 PM

Yes, sweeping Donald Trump and his insanity under the rug and pretending he doesn't exist will for sure make him go away.

I have a feeling a lot of people here are the reason Trump won the first time around.

by Anonymousreply 68May 12, 2023 12:12 PM

R68, this tweet is for you:

Ariel Dumas @ArielDumas You must listen while a man mocks the woman he sexually assaulted in front of a laughing, cheering crowd OR ELSE YOU LIVE IN AN IDEOLOGICAL SILO!

As is this tweet, because it seems people like you are the ones who don't get who is actually sweeping his insanity under the rug. Hint: Not us

@emilynussbaum Such a straw-man argument. The choice isn’t between showing DT & ignoring him! It’s nonsense to suggest that anyone who objected to CNN’s grotesque faux-journalistic circus just wants to stay in a Trump-free silo— the opposite is true. We want him to be covered *responsibly*

by Anonymousreply 69May 12, 2023 12:19 PM

73.3k followers. What a loser!

by Anonymousreply 70May 12, 2023 12:23 PM

[quote]I have a feeling a lot of people here are the reason Trump won the first time around.

R68, "fuck your feelings."

He won because of the electoral college. The media never did its job in covering him "the first time around." The moment he outed himself as a birther and claimed he had "sent investigators to HI," was the moment Cooper and his ilk, should've done their fucking job in ONLY asking Trump specifically about what the investigators found and never moving onto any other subject until they got actual answers to that racist asshole's LIES about sending investigators. The media never went after him about lie after lie after lie. Not once. They gave him free airtime for his rallies.

by Anonymousreply 71May 12, 2023 12:25 PM

Just remember that when people get defensive, they create these false black-and-white scenarios, in part because a lot of people fall for it, but mostly because their defenders will use it continuously as a defense.

When Anderson said that there are only two choices, putting Trump on CNN or living in your own little ideological bubble, he was doing it so that online defenders, trolls, editorialists, even local folks who write letters to the editor, had a ready-made defense of CNN's irresponsibility. It sounds good on the surface and some people will buy it. Those who don't buy it will argue over it for a few days and then it'll all blow over, with CNN never having taken responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 72May 12, 2023 12:26 PM

[quote]Think AC reads DL?

I'm (not) here to say, "Yes. Yes he does."

by Anonymousreply 73May 12, 2023 12:28 PM

"he won because"...

It had nothing to do with the butt hurt Bernie Bros who refused to vote for Clinton, and stomped their feet like toddlers in full tantrum mode - just like Trump.

It had nothing to do with the millions that swept the idea of him winning under the rug and couldn't have cared less to get out and vote for Clinton.

Yeah tell me another one.

by Anonymousreply 74May 12, 2023 12:31 PM

OMG.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 12, 2023 12:31 PM

People who think journalism or public media dialogue should be relegated only to the opinions, issues and people they agree with, are dangerous people. OP is one of them.

by Anonymousreply 76May 12, 2023 12:35 PM

Tongue twister fun: Chris Licht's Little Bitch

Say it fast 5 times.

by Anonymousreply 77May 12, 2023 12:41 PM

I was stunned at first when I heard the audience and wondered why CNN did not select a representative group of NH voters. But then I thought, what sane person would sit through a “town hall” in person with this wreck of a man. Would you?

It’s had enough to see parts of his events on other news outlets, or read his latest blather.

by Anonymousreply 78May 12, 2023 12:47 PM

KC seems to be blinking in code in that video at r67. Maybe I’m going too far in giving her the benefit of the doubt there. I have liked the instances when I see her hold a Repug’s feet to the flame on CNN. Perhaps she just likes being an all-around cunt?

I had a neighbor like that. Even shared the same first name… I hope she’s suffering now.

by Anonymousreply 79May 12, 2023 12:52 PM

[quote]DO KEEP UP... Considering how much merch she moved in her hay day.

You're telling someone else to "keep up," R46? Apparently, you were born in a barn!

by Anonymousreply 80May 12, 2023 1:35 PM

Hey now! I definitely had a Hayday of my own!

by Anonymousreply 81May 12, 2023 2:05 PM

He's a real journalist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82May 12, 2023 2:07 PM

That CNN decided to scrap attempts at legitimate journalism in favor of an attempt to grab ratings by hosting a Carnival Clown, is not arguable. It is indefensible. That Anderson Cooper had the unbridled arrogance to try to convince us this shit sandwich is prime rib is insulting. In a transparently desperate attempt to clean up the mess, CNN's masters are sending their "star" out to clean off the stink. Anderson ahas debased himself. I have always liked Anderson, and for a long time, I had some confidence he was trustworthy more so than most journalists. But my opinion of him has changed a lot since 2015. And what really really makes me angry is him setting himself up to chastise his audience as if we are at fault. First the arrogant POS gives us permission to never watch CNN again. He gives us permission to be angry. They he accuses us of being in a "silo" and not wanting to hear "opposing views?" How dare he use his celebrity and his reputation (a lot of people do still admire him) to normalize a pig like Trump or the racist, anti semitic, homophobic, misogynistic filth he peddles. It's the guys like Anderson Cooper who will help end democracy by normalizing fascism. How dare he! I strongly urge you if you have not done it, to watch a movie, "Good Night, and Good Luck" about the McCarthy era and how scary a time it was for journalists. Anderson could have been Edward R. Murrow. Instead he is nothing special. Just a shill. And empty suit.

by Anonymousreply 83May 12, 2023 2:44 PM

Good for Sunny Hostin on The View this morning. The other panelists all defended CNN’s choice to air this town hall and she was the only one who saw it for what it really was.

by Anonymousreply 84May 12, 2023 3:20 PM

I'm posting this so you can see what a pig looks like without lipstick....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 12, 2023 4:10 PM

At this point who is undecided about Trump.

by Anonymousreply 86May 12, 2023 4:17 PM

Damn Lawrence O'Donnell's critique is devastating, and does he ever nail Kaitlin Collins. His contempt was beautiful to behold.

by Anonymousreply 87May 12, 2023 4:52 PM

I sent him a message this morning telling him he had a lot of nerve telling me that I should listen to the side of a rapist and Russian agent who tried to overthrow our democracy and isn't finished trying yet. It is the responsibility of CNN to report the truth to the viewers, which you have failed miserably at. At this point you are either a loyal American or a fascist MAGAt. Pick a side but spare us your political opinion and condescending lectures.

by Anonymousreply 88May 12, 2023 5:30 PM

"Enjoy your fascism, President McRaperson, SIR!"-- Bootlicker Licht

"NEW: Trump told CNN chief Chris Licht backstage before the town hall that he would boost their ratings — to which Licht nodded and said he should “have fun” per ppl familiar. Behind the scenes look .@guardian"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89May 12, 2023 6:13 PM

Bootlicker Licht BEGGED for months:

"Trump campaign appears to have got what it wanted from CNN town hall in part bc it negotiated with leverage. For one, they played hard to get for months — CNN asked as soon as Trump announced — even though they were always likely to go with CNN."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90May 12, 2023 6:17 PM

President McRaperson, SIR!

" Not every moment in the town hall was seen as a win for Trump. But Trump thought he dominated the CNN town hall, and played “It’s a Man’s World” by James Brown on the flight back on Trump Force One. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91May 12, 2023 6:20 PM

The ratings, in perspective:

"@cnn town hall with Trump, per Nielsen: 3.1 million viewers overall. Fewer than Biden town hall on CNN last July (3.7 million) and five previous Trump town halls on @FoxNews"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92May 12, 2023 6:25 PM

Ahem.

"More than twice as many people watched this video online than actually watched the Trump town hall. Digital strategy matters!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93May 12, 2023 6:34 PM

I so want to see him defeated, humiliated, shunned , ignored. I want his narcissistic collapse to be vicious and brutal and everyone in his life to abandon him .

by Anonymousreply 94May 12, 2023 6:34 PM

R93- Mary! It is shocking to watch that video snd hear his commentary at the same time! He is such a dangerous psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 95May 12, 2023 6:38 PM

CNN gives a silo to MAGAts. Then Cooper has the gall to lecture anyone who thinks that was wrong of living in a silo.

What a pompous asshole.

Also, CNN fired Lemon for being a misogynistic creep while they played cheerleader for a convicted rapist. Yeah yeah technically it's liable for sexual assault. But physically it's rape. Fucking hypocrites.

I already stopped watching CNN last year. They obviously don't care how many viewers they lose.

by Anonymousreply 96May 12, 2023 6:44 PM

CNN used to make the claim that they broadcast "real" journalism and now they can't even say that.

by Anonymousreply 97May 12, 2023 6:50 PM

R96- I lost all respect for AC when he started hanging around Wonky eye. Then when he very coldly and publicly threw Kathy under the bus I could never like him again. He certainly wasn't a trustworthy journalist after that, imo. He showed us who he was and he had no loyalty or integrity as far as I was concerned.

by Anonymousreply 98May 12, 2023 6:50 PM

All the best people...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99May 12, 2023 7:05 PM

R99- The dregs of society.

by Anonymousreply 100May 12, 2023 7:26 PM

"Don Lemon Blames Donald Trump For Death Threats Against CNN Staffers"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101May 12, 2023 7:27 PM

"Jim Acosta: I'm not the only White House reporter who got death threats"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102May 12, 2023 7:28 PM

"Donald Trump supporters send death threats to judge who approved Mar-a-Lago search"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103May 12, 2023 7:29 PM

"CNN’s Jim Acosta: “I Get Death Threats Regularly”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104May 12, 2023 7:31 PM

"Trump-inspired death threats are terrorizing election workers"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105May 12, 2023 7:32 PM

This is the absolute TRASH Licht courted with the Trumpfomercial.

Flaming.

Dumpster.

TRASH.

by Anonymousreply 106May 12, 2023 7:34 PM

Trump nearly destroyed CNN when he was first elected. Just like his hero Hitler, he immediately began to destroy the publics trust in news programs. But he especially went after CNN because they criticized him , unlike FN .

by Anonymousreply 107May 12, 2023 7:35 PM

I someone has a twitter account please post R101, R102, R103, R104, R105 links so that we can show Anderson, Collins, and Licht just who they're promoting at CNN these days. When you read them in sequence they are a powerful indictment for Anderson's bullshit about "opposing views."

by Anonymousreply 108May 12, 2023 7:55 PM

CNN, you’re dead to me!

by Anonymousreply 109May 12, 2023 7:57 PM

R108- Done.

by Anonymousreply 110May 12, 2023 8:06 PM

Is new CNN boss Jeremey Licht actually a) a MAGA Republican, b) Republican friendly or using the Lord Neville Chamberlain appeasement MO which so flopped against Nazi Germany with this Shitler? Sounds like Licht is licking the very ToxicAgentOrange.

by Anonymousreply 111May 12, 2023 9:00 PM

R94 All that, but frankly, I'd like to see him actually poor -- you know, with no funds, no bank accounts, no credit, no contributions, etc.

by Anonymousreply 112May 12, 2023 9:03 PM

R112- I truly believe that would be a fate worse than death to him. He despises the poor, including his cult. Being reduced to poverty and being ignored by the world must be his biggest nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 113May 12, 2023 9:10 PM

Even during the presidential debates, dump was permitted to make obtuse statements without pushback from moderator.

by Anonymousreply 114May 12, 2023 9:26 PM

R113- You are correct. Remembering back to his first debates with HC, he was never called out on talking over people , physically intimidating HC. Bringing all of those women that Bill supposedly had sex/affair with and putting them on the stage. That was very cruel and humiliating to Hillary. He should have been stopped immediately for that alone, but hey, the circus had begun and it's going on seven years now it shows no sign of stopping.

by Anonymousreply 115May 12, 2023 9:50 PM

[Quote]Good for Sunny Hostin on The View this morning. The other panelists all defended CNN’s choice to air this town hall and she was the only one who saw it for what it really was.

R84 Here's that clip. Sunny was NOT ok with ANY of this. She accused Anderson Cooper of gaslighting her (and implicitly others) with his "staying in a silo" remark, and Kaitlan Collins of not being good enough to properly handle Trump with fact-checking him. She felt that Trump shouldn't be given a platform to talk his bullshit, least of all CNN's, and that they only did it for ratings and money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116May 12, 2023 9:56 PM

[quote]Sunny was NOT ok with ANY of this.

The View had Trump on to discuss why Obama should show his birth certificate. Is she ok working for a show that normalized his garbage enough to allow him to run for President in the first place? Have ANY of them ever discussed the fact that he was one of the shows frequent guests at one point?

All this outrage is a day late and a dollar short to me. The time to have nipped it in the bud was in the late 2000's, when he was going on homophobic tirades against Rosie O Donnell and making veiled racist claims against Obama. Yet, it didn't stop ANYONE in the media from making cute with him.

Sunny also worked for the O Reilly factor alongside Megan Kelly at one point also.

by Anonymousreply 117May 12, 2023 10:06 PM

Sonny knocked it out of the park. She was great and she was correct. The media made Trump happen. He never would have been accepted if not for the massive, neverending coverage of this mentally unfit life long criminal.

by Anonymousreply 118May 12, 2023 10:16 PM

I haven't watched CNN since Don Lemon was fired. They are full of shit. This is what they get for making it the Kaitlan Collins network. I haven't liked Anderson since he left Kathy Griffin out to dry years ago.

by Anonymousreply 119May 12, 2023 10:16 PM

Didn't The View hire one of Trump's staff as a co-host?

What was Sunny's point, again?

by Anonymousreply 120May 12, 2023 10:22 PM

[Quote]Have ANY of them ever discussed the fact that he was one of the shows frequent guests at one point?

[Quote]The time to have nipped it in the bud was in the late 2000's, when he was going on homophobic tirades against Rosie O Donnell and making veiled racist claims against Obama. Yet, it didn't stop ANYONE in the media from making cute with him.

R117 My guess is that they thought they were showcasing a clown back in those days, and that a buffoon like him would NEVER win the presidency. Now that they realize how incredibly wrong they were (along with most of us), they're trying to make sure a second Trump presidency will never happen.

by Anonymousreply 121May 12, 2023 10:22 PM

R119- Neither have I . I actually felt very bad for her. He hurt her so badly. No matter what ones opinion of her she seemed to genuinely adore AC. No one deserves that , especially in public. He is a heartless spoiled little rich boy. He planted a knife in her back and it revealed his ugliness inside.

by Anonymousreply 122May 12, 2023 10:23 PM

[quote]My guess is that they thought they were showcasing a clown back in those days, and that a buffoon like him would NEVER win the presidency.

What's their excuse for having Scaramucci, Kellyanne Conway, the current co-host, Omarosa and other Trumpers appear on the show during Trump's administration?

Nice sentiments, but when you're sitting next to a Trumper every day, it doesn't really fly.

by Anonymousreply 123May 12, 2023 10:28 PM

R123- They showcased them, normalized them, and never called them out on their lies and abuse of others. They are more responsible for this than Putin , imo. The purpose of a free press is protect democracy, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 124May 12, 2023 10:32 PM

CNN magats are ignoring the billion dollar settlement Fox paid Dominion and ignoring their marquee player was fired.

by Anonymousreply 125May 12, 2023 10:39 PM

Most people, unfortunately are not nearly as politically engaged as we are. All they know is Trump was on a Town hall last night on CNN. CNN has credibility in the broader world. It is not a longstanding Murdoch joke like Fox has been. Most networks, CBS, NBC, ABC, etc have some credibility. By hosting him CNN conferred legitimacy on him. Calling him the "frontrunner for the Republican nomination, will mute all the filth he brings with him. Anything that happens to this man will now be looked at thru the lens of political attacks. He'll make that claim and he will be believed, because CNN and other media types have decided to put perfume on his stink. He is under multiple criminal investigations. He was just found civilly liable for sexual assault and defamation, and he incited an insurrection against our government which he planned for months. And by doing this CNN conferred legitimacy on him. The CNN Infomercial was not a "town hall." Ask the people of New Hampshire what a real town hall looks like. I'm so damned angry right now. Anderson Cooper was d isgusting. Who the fuck does he think he is? Fuck that little prick.

by Anonymousreply 126May 12, 2023 10:43 PM

"I totally don't love this, Sunny -- news is a business as well -- they all have their parent companies -- this is all about the money."

R123 Sara Haines said this at 3:13 at the clip at r116. That's probably the excuse The View, CNN, and these other programs have for having these creatures on their shows.

by Anonymousreply 127May 12, 2023 10:45 PM

The ongoing attack on our democracy has been planned since 2010, maybe longer. It isn't just Putin and the GOP, the elite bought out and own the media.

by Anonymousreply 128May 12, 2023 10:48 PM

Cooper has always been an entitled douchebag. If it werent for his mother and her connections and friends, he would be selling real estate

by Anonymousreply 129May 12, 2023 10:49 PM

I’ve always hated Anderson. Privileged 🚮 trash.

by Anonymousreply 130May 12, 2023 10:51 PM

Anderson Cooper is going on my permanent block list

by Anonymousreply 131May 12, 2023 10:58 PM

AC was likable and dignified when he kept his mouth shut. When he started hanging out with the coke head, going on talk shows, giggling, he lost that dignified, respectable persona very quickly.

by Anonymousreply 132May 12, 2023 11:04 PM

CNN- "So, like, Mr. like President, you like, have been like, accused of rape, by like E. Jean, Carroll'....????

Dump- " I would never. ..... Rape a woman....... who is my own age".

Audience cheers.

by Anonymousreply 133May 12, 2023 11:08 PM

Absolutely detest the guy. He's a conservative "both sides" opportunist.

by Anonymousreply 134May 12, 2023 11:11 PM

Omg

by Anonymousreply 135May 12, 2023 11:13 PM

You guys are hopelessly, self-destructive. But you know that, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 136May 12, 2023 11:17 PM

That is totally accurate. I can't begin to recall how many times I have gotten my hopes up believing just one fucking reporter, magazine, article, investigative journalist, Mueller, the list is endless, was going to call these bastards out on what and who they really are and stop ignoring unacceptable behaviors and actions. Nah. Still waiting. They are all complicit. No one will help us. We have to try and figure out a way to help ourselves. I not know what that would be at this point because the rot is too deep.

by Anonymousreply 137May 12, 2023 11:18 PM

R136- So everything is fine? Nothing to worry about?

by Anonymousreply 138May 12, 2023 11:20 PM

Like, totally

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139May 12, 2023 11:21 PM

R137- What makes this so hopeless are the scum magas who support a cold blooded psychopath over democracy because they admire his ability to be cruel and vicious to others.

by Anonymousreply 140May 12, 2023 11:22 PM

This albino bitch can go eat a bag of dicks. First off, MAGA is NOT 50% of America, asshole. Where is the evidence that Trump has GAINED support since 2020? We all are well aware that these people exist--hello, we all saw them try to overthrow the government on 1/6. You're just being rightly called out for broadcasting a Nuremberg rally. Your lame attempt to justify it may be swallowed by a bunch of dumb fraus, but the rest of us know you are full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 141May 12, 2023 11:23 PM

One third of America does not vote and she still won. So no, magats are not half of the country.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142May 12, 2023 11:28 PM

R141- I really those terrible stories about her two laye term abortions doesn't get spread all over the net.

by Anonymousreply 143May 12, 2023 11:30 PM

Hope ^

by Anonymousreply 144May 12, 2023 11:31 PM

Cooper is losing credibility defending his employer..

Hey Rashida, can you afford him?

by Anonymousreply 145May 12, 2023 11:32 PM

Here's Hills calling the bitch out for being a sore loser and a troll to his face.

Frump made a dumb joke to deflect and the deflection worked. The moderator started giggling and was too distracted by the sounds of his own laughter to follow up correctly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146May 12, 2023 11:39 PM

Too bad Hillary wasn't packing heat on that debate stage when Dump was stalking her. I'd love to see him shit his pants live on tv when she pulled a gun on his fat ass.

by Anonymousreply 147May 12, 2023 11:42 PM

It is so difficult to watch that knowing that so many people chose a lying , corrupt, psychopathic mafia thug over her. Just think of what we could have had.

by Anonymousreply 148May 12, 2023 11:45 PM

Hills, like the rest of us did not understand the depth of depravity from the other side and she was on her best behavior. she is professional.

No one ever accused dump of being professional.

by Anonymousreply 149May 12, 2023 11:45 PM

Hills was supposed to turn around and ask him in a condescending voice, why are you so twitchy.

by Anonymousreply 150May 12, 2023 11:47 PM

I don't care that someone of you dislike Joy Reid. She's absolutely brilliant on this topic and she made an excellent point about CNN's claim that they were balanced because they did analysis in the aftermath: Michael Fanone is now a CNN contributor. Why was he not invited to be a part of the panel to analyze the free rally given to Trump since they're so concerned about hearing "all sides"? She also mentioned that the audience were told they could only cheer and not boo. Whose idea do you think that was?

by Anonymousreply 151May 12, 2023 11:47 PM

So when are they going to have a live town hall stacked with Anti-LGBTQ supporters and audience? Because they are a significant part of America too. Stop living in you silo Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 152May 13, 2023 12:03 AM

R152- But don't you know? It is ok to be gay if you are rich and connected. The same for abortion. The same rights they snatch from us doesn't apply to them, nor does the rule of law. Nope, it is only the unwashed masses.

by Anonymousreply 153May 13, 2023 12:07 AM

This BITCH Kaitlan Collins who was the moderator is a NUTJOB. She worked at The Daily Caller — the news site founded by Tucker Carlson — between 2014 and 2017 before getting hired by CNN.

Some of her quotes:

“Soros is this foreign-born, left-wing guy who essentially wants to change the nature of our country,” Collins said during the 2016 interview. “He is a staunch advocate for open borders. He wants people to be able to go wherever they want, whenever they want, for whatever reason. For him, he sees this immigration policy — this crisis — to further his immigration agenda,” she said.

During the same interview, she noted that Soros’s money had also been used to endorse Hillary Clinton and Black Lives Matter, which she called “a problem” that “Americans should be aware of.”

by Anonymousreply 154May 13, 2023 12:12 AM

[quote]I hope Kaitlyn Collins realized just what danger Licht put her in,

That fucking cunt deserves whatever she gets.

by Anonymousreply 155May 13, 2023 12:45 AM

All I needed to see was footage of a junior staff member deliberately interrupting a staff member with seniority to provoke him and I understood kailtlin is a troll worthy of a permanent block.

by Anonymousreply 156May 13, 2023 12:50 AM

[quote]Where is the evidence that Trump has GAINED support since 2020?

The media. Same media that ignore he has lost lots of elections for the GOP, to tell us about a coming "red wave."

by Anonymousreply 157May 13, 2023 12:50 AM

CNN is PURE TRASH

by Anonymousreply 158May 13, 2023 12:54 AM

Come on Dems, Lighten up! Trump only wanted his VP killed, his fake electors installed, the ballot drop boxes removed, Zelenskyy to pretend he was starting an investigation into Hunter, etc etc.

by Anonymousreply 159May 13, 2023 1:00 AM

So who's going to be Trumps VP? They have to be a loser, but not a really big loser but also a really big butt kisser.

by Anonymousreply 160May 13, 2023 1:02 AM

Maybe we want Trump to run. I think Biden will lose against anyone else. Maybe the strategy is to make sure Trump runs. I think if Biden has to run against even DeSatan he will lose.

by Anonymousreply 161May 13, 2023 1:05 AM

Bidens not gonna lose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162May 13, 2023 1:07 AM

[quote]So who's going to be Trumps VP? They have to be a loser, but not a really big loser but also a really big butt kisser.

Oh Hi!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163May 13, 2023 1:11 AM

Kari Lake will upstage him. He needs another wet blanket to blend into the background, like Pence.

by Anonymousreply 164May 13, 2023 1:12 AM

R154- I read her words in " Whore vocal fry" . They are so sickening with the obvious projection. So their main dark money guy is Koch, Thiel, who else?

by Anonymousreply 165May 13, 2023 1:13 AM

Collins is from Alabama, so I assume she has certain thoughts...

by Anonymousreply 166May 13, 2023 1:15 AM

"So who's going to be Trumps VP? They have to be a loser, but not a really big loser but also a really big butt kisser." I know who really, really believes she is .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167May 13, 2023 1:18 AM

If this Trump town hall were platformed by another channel he would have been criticizing it to the heavens. Hard to be objective when you know which side of your bread is being buttered, right Anderson?

by Anonymousreply 168May 13, 2023 1:22 AM

Dear Anderson: no matter how much you kiss his ass, Chris Licht still won't let you suck his cock.guess

by Anonymousreply 169May 13, 2023 1:25 AM

The shittiest part of watching that Dump Town Hall was seeing that fucking moron audience clap at every fucking thing that dropped out of his mouth. It's awful enough that he lied but to have an entire audience drool, fawn and celebrate every word he said was just TOO MUCH.

by Anonymousreply 170May 13, 2023 1:25 AM

Actually, I could see him picking her. She went on a screech about losing in Arizona Trump style including bringing a lawsuit which she lost. I know so called independents who were all a twitter about her. Basically taken in by her polished media appearance.

Maybe Kari Lake and Nikki Haley should have a grudge match. You know, the kind in the mud. That's where we are at this point anyways. Which bitch gets to lick Trumps balls. 🤢

by Anonymousreply 171May 13, 2023 1:26 AM

It was a pre-picked and approved Trump sycophant audience. There were no detractors and they were instructed to applaud, not to boo or make any negative sounds.

by Anonymousreply 172May 13, 2023 1:29 AM

Which one was it that caused the Georgia swamp beast nearly ovulate for the first time ever because NTG was so very jealous of her? That is who I want him to pick. 😆

by Anonymousreply 173May 13, 2023 1:30 AM

Tulsi Greazy faced Gabbard = VP

by Anonymousreply 174May 13, 2023 1:30 AM

Tusi is a traitorous Democrat though, she's on Fox all the time agreeing with their ideology. But MAGA would still not go for that. Although, would not surprise me that she switch parties the same day it's announced she is his VP. She's a shallow cunt like that and was Repug before she went Dem to run for President.

by Anonymousreply 175May 13, 2023 1:33 AM

This is indefensible and worst of all, it is bad TV.

The congressional hearings on J6? THAT was must see TV! Truly memorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176May 13, 2023 1:36 AM

R176- It was a beautiful day, just beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 177May 13, 2023 1:37 AM

I used to like Anderson but can now see him for the stuck up person that he has always been.

He also needs a friend to tell him to stop saying dumb shit like his parents told him he would have to make it on his own in life after college. Poor baby!

How did he survive after attending some of the most exclusive schools in America?

by Anonymousreply 178May 13, 2023 1:42 AM

He survived with connections to wealthy friends of the family. That's how they all "work their way up."

by Anonymousreply 179May 13, 2023 1:46 AM

How was the audience selected?

by Anonymousreply 180May 13, 2023 1:47 AM

Anderson is basically the left's version of the Swanson baby Tucker.

by Anonymousreply 181May 13, 2023 1:47 AM

Grateful that nepo kids like Anderson being called out

by Anonymousreply 182May 13, 2023 1:48 AM

I remember when Anderson did a very well publicized interview with the Navy Seal who came out as trans.

However, the Navy Seal recently detransitioned and expressed interest in doing a follow up interview. Anderson had no interest.

by Anonymousreply 183May 13, 2023 1:48 AM

* Bootstraps Andy* they called him

by Anonymousreply 184May 13, 2023 1:48 AM

[quote] they thought they were showcasing a clown back in those days, and that a buffoon like him would NEVER win the presidency. Now that they realize how incredibly wrong they were (along with most of us), they're trying to make sure a second Trump presidency will never happen.

Be proud the media finds you so easily manipulated.

See r16

by Anonymousreply 185May 13, 2023 1:50 AM

They didn't attempt to filter or balance out the audience, they just let Trump fill it with supporters.

They could have easily asked or checked registered voters to ensure an actual sampling of America, but they failed to do that. Trump even called on some people he knew in there. So it was totally planned. Remember, that's how he got his start, hired a media company to send actors to Trump Tower to pretend they were supporters. That's always been his MO, stack the deck with only those who love him.

by Anonymousreply 186May 13, 2023 1:52 AM

The media bothsided the country into permanent shithole status

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187May 13, 2023 1:54 AM

Typical of the silo hysterics.

CNN media reporter Oliver Darcy was reportedly scolded by his boss Chris Licht, the chairman and CEO of the network, over his critical coverage of the network’s Trump town hall on Wednesday night.

Puck’s Dylan Byers reported Friday that Licht “summoned” Darcy “and his editor to a meeting with himself and top executives in which they told him that his coverage of Trump town hall had been too emotional and stressed the importance of remaining dispassionate.”

“They put the fear of God into him,” Byers reported another source saying. Darcy took over Brian Stelter’s Reliable Sources newsletter after Licht ousted Stelter at the network.

by Anonymousreply 188May 13, 2023 2:17 AM

To show you how fucked up a lot of the so-called "liberal media" is, that idiot Chris Jansing on MSNBC did an entire segment on how there are calls for Biden to debate RFK Jr. The calls coming from a survey... of 11 people. Yes, 11 people. And she devoted a whole discussion to that survey.

And she does shit like that all of the time. They engage in magnifying bullshit for the sole purpose of denigrating Biden.

by Anonymousreply 189May 13, 2023 2:25 AM

Nepo Baby Anderson Cooper Is A Better Friend To Trump Than He Was To Kathy Griffin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190May 13, 2023 2:26 AM

Wonkette, your first stop for psychoanalysis of men.

by Anonymousreply 191May 13, 2023 2:29 AM

CNN is garbage and Anderson Cooper can go fuck himself. 1%er scumbag.

by Anonymousreply 192May 13, 2023 2:44 AM

I think the media has lost all credibility. I'm talking about the TV networks primarily. And while there are individuals I like, like Acosta, Maddow, and Lawrence O'Donnell, and Jim Sciutto and Chris Hayes now and then, I have to say for the most part all of the networks are deeply flawed when it comes to covering politics and issues.

They lied to us about the Red Tsunami that was coming in the midterms. Yes. It was totally manipulated. They have their own experts who crunch numbers and monitor trends. They knew their predictions would never materialize. But it made their advertisers feel good. And it boosted fundraising. And they get most of the $$ politicians raise so they didn't care.

I've stopped watching all TV news shows. I have not suffered, I do not have a current events deficit. In fact I bet I know more about issues than I would have if I just watched TV. But that's the problem. Most average people only get their news from TV or maybe radio if they're riding in their car to work. I subscribe to the digital Washington Post. I also get online news feeds from the BBC, NBC CBS, ABC and CNN. MSNBC.

But all these bullshit panels and commentary, and all the negative framing of issues like the Economy, Biden's age and his mental agility, Immigration, etc. I have successfully avoided. Right now, for example, the media has been hyping the expiration of Article 42 and insisting hoards and hoards of immigrants were going to create chaos and overwhelm our borders. It didn't happen. They even sent drones out and had to admit everything was quiet. Can you f ucking believe it?

Yes we had immigrants coming in, but it was nothing at all like they predicted. And therein lies the problem. They predict news, they editorialize as they report, and they manipulate us. We will survive by organizing, and voting and getting every living ass to the polls, and please, please ignore the media hype and the horse race and personality driven bullshit. Don't buy into it. They make assumptions about what we expect from them and how they will manipulate us. Let's do something they don't expect. Let's ifnore them. Let them have panels to talk to one another because we will not be tuned in.

We know who the Republicans are. We know what they stand for. I'm tired of feeling angry and fearful. I feel much better when I resolve to do what needs to be dome and ignore the noise.

by Anonymousreply 193May 13, 2023 3:28 AM

[quote] Yes we had immigrants coming in, but it was nothing at all like they predicted.

2.3 million crossing the Mexican border in FY2022 isn't enough for you ?

by Anonymousreply 194May 13, 2023 3:43 AM

When Wolf Blitzer finally retires eventually someday, I think Anderson will be his chosen successor. Kind of like the new Champagne Lady of CNN.

by Anonymousreply 195May 13, 2023 3:44 AM

Magats= blocked

by Anonymousreply 196May 13, 2023 3:45 AM

R195, I think Anderson's days are numbered. He's talking about the audience living in a silo but seems unable to recognize the elite bubble he lives in.

by Anonymousreply 197May 13, 2023 3:50 AM

The Zimmer cunt at r195 can eat me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198May 13, 2023 4:03 AM

We know Datalounge has a phobia about successful gay white men.

by Anonymousreply 199May 13, 2023 4:08 AM

R199, no, it's just the hypocrisy of Anderson and CNN. I remember when Dean Obeidallah of CNN went after Jimmy Fallon for having Trump on. A lot of of what was written by CNN in 2016 can no longer be found.

by Anonymousreply 200May 13, 2023 4:27 AM

[quote]We know Datalounge has a phobia about successful gay white men.

Christ, fuck off. This is pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 201May 13, 2023 5:06 AM

Horseshit R199. Cooper is full of shit and he's being called out on it.

by Anonymousreply 202May 13, 2023 5:07 AM

Let me know when Fox has a town hall with Biden filled with progressives, liberals, woman, LGBTQ, supports and BLM fans as they tell all their viewers to stop living in a bubble because the majority of Americans picked a Democrat for President last time and even if they don't like it they have to stop living in a bubble.

by Anonymousreply 203May 13, 2023 7:54 AM

He hides behind those glasses. The Distinguished Old Man Look is looking ridiculous and he's a fake. its hard to believe how low CNN has fallen.

by Anonymousreply 204May 13, 2023 8:04 AM

[quote] We know Datalounge has a phobia about successful gay white men.

Fuck you. DLers reject these so-called successful men for stabbing the rest of us in the back with their support for conservative jackasses who wants us Gays dead.

by Anonymousreply 205May 13, 2023 9:29 AM

sorry, who want us Gays dead.

by Anonymousreply 206May 13, 2023 9:30 AM

[quote] Cooper Is A Better Friend To Trump Than He Was To Kathy Griffin

To be fair nobody can tolerate Kathy for very long

by Anonymousreply 207May 13, 2023 9:32 AM

[quote]Wonkette, your first stop for psychoanalysis of men.

Dear god you're dumb.

by Anonymousreply 208May 13, 2023 9:43 AM

[quote]MAGA is NOT 50% of America, asshole. Where is the evidence that Trump has GAINED support since 2020?

Very true, and anyone who says MAGAts make up half of America is lying, and almost certainly knows they're lying. Trump in 2020 got about 29% of votes from voting-age Americans, far closer to one-third or even one-fourth than it is to one-half.

People should probably be concerned that Anderson Cooper was trotted out onto CNN live to tell America that Trump has the support of 126M people when he, in fact, has only the support of 74M people at most, based on figures from before he was indicted, before his home was raided for confidential documents he stole, and before and lost an important civil case.

by Anonymousreply 209May 13, 2023 10:25 AM

Media has changed its status from not being our friend to full on enemy.

by Anonymousreply 210May 13, 2023 10:31 AM

That whole audience was a setup. We call could see that. The BS about this is "50% of America" is an Anderson lie. Look at what's come out in the wash since then:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211May 13, 2023 12:10 PM

Watch LAwrence O Donnell's video up thread. He tells it all. God I love that man. He even has Collins video from when she was peddling lies about Soros and "Antifa."

by Anonymousreply 212May 13, 2023 1:40 PM

Even Fox News admits that the audience of about 400 people were a ALL Trump supporters. It must be a hot day in hell that they even aired this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213May 13, 2023 7:51 PM

If only we could live “in a silo” away from Trump. But we can’t. We know everything about him; we can predict everything he is going to say. He doesn’t offer a new “viewpoint” on anything. He doesn’t have policies, only anger. Anderson is just being a clown.

by Anonymousreply 214May 13, 2023 7:59 PM

Ironically, the broadcast and chastisement from Mr. Cooper was coming from inside the silo.

by Anonymousreply 215May 13, 2023 8:08 PM

R212, he is my favorite at this point. I rarely find Maddow's show interesting these days. She does it once a week and it doesn't seem as good as it used to be.

by Anonymousreply 216May 13, 2023 9:13 PM

Maybe that's what they should have fired him for R50 but the juxtaposition of his firing came after he interviewed and was less than a pushover with right-wing presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy. Ramaswamy at this point is not a front-runner, probably has less chance than Pence and yet there he was on that CNN morning show when Lemon was still one of the co-host. I believe that was the last interview he ever did, so while there may have been other reasons to let him go the timing suggests not playing ball with Ramaswamy and the fortuitous timing of Tucker Carlson's firing were the catalysts.

Maybe Cooper sees some writing on the wall, and will go along until he can plan his departure. Otherwise yeah, pretending that we have not all seen this clown show before and sent it packing when we had the chance is to deny reality.

by Anonymousreply 217May 14, 2023 3:18 AM

^ Just an aside, but that Ramaswamy dude was saying crazy shit in that Don Lemon interview, like the NRA was responsible for black people getting their civil rights. If he ACTUALLY believes this, I'd think twice if I were an investor getting involved with him. Then again, he's most likely another GQP grifter, just trying to say outrageous shit to get attention and fundraise. That's how you get ahead nowadays in the Republican party.

Thanks again CNN for giving him a platform as well. Some dumbasses out there are probably repeating the talking point that the NRA gave black people the right to vote.

by Anonymousreply 218May 14, 2023 3:34 AM

Precisely, R218 , clips of that interview look like they were hoping to provoke Lemon into quitting,( because Ramaswamy was so ridiculous) and while Lemon was not having the 2nd amendment saved black people from slavery nonsense narrative, Ramaswamy was pushing, his co-anchor remained silent. While on the one hand it might have made sense to have the black man push back, what Ramaswamy was saying was factually inaccurate so his anchor could have also chimed in. And yes dumbasses were trying to give that viewpoint life on Twtitter.

Ramaswamy is not a troll to look at, he is a POC and he is young which could make him stealth into success especially if DeSantis and Trump remain focused on tearing each other down. He comes across as reasonably regular, sane if you don't pay close attention to what he actually says. His latest nonsense is wanting to raise the voting age to 25 and/or have people complete some sort of national service or I think military service or pass the same test people applying for citizenship have to pass to be able to vote younger than 25. Which of course is a kind of poll tax. You would think the constitutional carry crowd would understand the problem with that proposal. Since they are likely to lose the 18-25 vote this is a completely see-through scheme to undercut it.

by Anonymousreply 219May 14, 2023 4:10 AM

[quote]His latest nonsense is wanting to raise the voting age to 25 and/or have people complete some sort of national service or I think military service or pass the same test people applying for citizenship have to pass to be able to vote younger than 25.

Yeah, that's gonna be a selling point for young people under Viveka (aka Andrew Yang 2.0).

by Anonymousreply 220May 14, 2023 6:37 AM

Datalounge HATES the successful white gays!

You'd all be fawning over him if he was a shade or 10 darker.

Bit like the Buttigeig hate. Another white gay to trash.

by Anonymousreply 221May 14, 2023 10:24 AM

[quote] This albino bitch can go eat a bag of dicks.

He'd like it.

by Anonymousreply 222May 14, 2023 10:34 AM

[quote] You'd all be fawning over him if he was a shade or 10 darker.

That describes about 99.999999999999999999% of the population of this planet. But go cry in your waifu doll, Attmay @R221.

by Anonymousreply 223May 14, 2023 10:35 AM

[quote]He even has Collins video from when she was peddling lies about Soros and "Antifa."

People on social media really need to circulate Collins' Daily Caller bullshit on heavy rotation, because it's amazing how few people know about her background. Put it all out there, show people exactly what she is. She's wingnut garbage, and she was hired on that basis for CNN. The media, in full tribal mode, has been falling all over themselves to praise her and cut her slack for her total failure as the town hall moderator, and it's repugnant. She was unqualified for the CNN job, she was paired with Trump so he'd get no genuine pushback, and that she's been rewarded with a primetime slot for her service is appalling. Her clash with Don Lemon was an instance of a broken clock being right twice a day.

by Anonymousreply 224May 14, 2023 10:38 AM

AC is smart & gorgeous.

Deal with it!

by Anonymousreply 225May 14, 2023 11:16 AM

If he was smart, he would have never made himself the news an the butt of a lot of jokes. Gorgeous is a word I only use for woman so, whatever, he's defiantly NOT hot, he's a skinny old white haired ugly faced man. Take away the fame and money he would be selling Real estate.

by Anonymousreply 226May 14, 2023 11:31 AM

R225, yes, that's what makes his betrayal so disappointing. He knows better, but he was willing to take his professional reputation and use it to insult the viewers. First he "gives us permission" to feel outraged and never watch CNN again. then he accuses us of living in our silos and not wanting to listen to opposing viewpoints. (He seemed to confuse us with MAGAs who live in their bubble.) His arrogance was appalling.

And he couldn't be more wrong. WTF common ground will I have with a racist, misogynist, homophobic Clown who did not say anything new that night. That was no town hall. There were no opposing views in that audience. They were actually told not to boo if they heard anything they didn't like. The audience of non opposing views was Republican and a few independent Republican leading voters. He wouldn't even agree to show up without approving then moderator.

Anderson was totally out of line and I lost respect for him. I don't need his permission to stop watching CNN. And BTW: Trump's repeated rant about his stolen election, gassing about it on Prime time TV on a legitimate network, resurrects all the fears and the trauma election workers faced , including death threats. Just as there is a direct correlation between the heated, dishonest rhetoric and fearmongering about immigration and the recent mass shootings.

The Republicans love to stir up chaos, rage and fear, but every time a solution is proposed they reject it, including the Immigration Reform legislation developed by Republican majorities in Congress and Republican Presidents. They love the issue not the solution. And Anderson Cooper embraced the rage and the chaos and legitimized it. Just as CNN helped normalize Trump for the past 8 years. The bottom line: Anderson Cooper sings what ever song they want him too. He can come out here and castigate Trump and criticize him and show his own disgust with Trump, and then, just a few months later there is is defending the shit show that legitimizes that filthy pig.

by Anonymousreply 227May 14, 2023 11:39 AM

The clash with Lemon was manufactured to provoke him and give CNN leverage to get rid of him.

by Anonymousreply 228May 14, 2023 12:36 PM

CNN already had all the leverage they needed to get rid of Lemon, buried in their HR files.

But I don't doubt the new regime was happy to dispose of him, since they want the network to be whiter and more Foxlike. Still, Lemon handed them the bat to hit him with. It's nobody's fault but his.

by Anonymousreply 229May 14, 2023 12:51 PM

I doubt a black male would be permitted to continually interrupt a white female colleague while she was speaking and keep his job.

Collins, not only kept her job, she was promoted.

by Anonymousreply 230May 14, 2023 1:08 PM

Licht wanted to humiliate Lemon, that's why he pushed him into a job and time slot, he knew would make things worse for Lemon. Licht set things up for the public, so Lemon could not cry "racism" or "homophobia" for getting fired.

Licht will do the same with Anderson Cooper. Trust. Licht has big plans for CNN, and nobody vaguely liberal appearing is part of that future. Anderson just hasn't realized yet that he no matter how much he kisses Licht's ass, for Licht he's still someone he doesn't want around.

by Anonymousreply 231May 14, 2023 1:11 PM

Speaking of LIcht, he's pretty young, how did he gets HIS job? Who and how did he whore himself out?

by Anonymousreply 232May 14, 2023 1:17 PM

r224 I agree but she was totally not justified in her on air incident with Don, she completely interrupted him while he was delivering a headline, it was unprofessional and rude.

I look forward to seeing the network's ratings continue their decline as they make that hussy the face of the network.

by Anonymousreply 233May 14, 2023 1:20 PM

Typical of a magat, who can't think logically. Maga CNN wants the totally radical ratings of Fixed News.

But Fox, just settled a billion dollar lawsuit, and fired their top ratings draw. Fox has another billion dollar lawsuit heading their way and have pivoted support for Desantis,they won't allow Trump on air. Fox continues to lose advertisers.

THIS is a business code worth emulating?

by Anonymousreply 234May 14, 2023 1:23 PM

r234, It makes you wonder if it's really only about business and not about being a propaganda machine for the right wing able to distress and manipulate the masses, doesn't it?

by Anonymousreply 235May 14, 2023 1:27 PM

It's personal, r235. Not business.

by Anonymousreply 236May 14, 2023 1:29 PM

Kaitlin Collins worked hard behind the scenes to get rid of Don Lemon. She is wired in to the suits in the front office.

by Anonymousreply 237May 14, 2023 4:00 PM

I can't recall the book, but there's one out there that does a good job of explaining what bullshit it is to think the media is "liberal." I mean it seems that any idiot who thinks that way believes that because unless the media exclusively magnifies crimes by minorities and attempts to blame the entire group for the actions of individuals, they consider it "liberal" media or that if they aren't covering "Hunter's laptop" 24-7.

Who in their right mind really thinks Disney is "liberal"? Every single corporation that owns media is about PROFIT and most of those execs lean conservative specifically for tax purposes, with the exception of actual loons like Malone or whoever runs Sinclair media, who are true believers.

If the media was liberal, they never would've allowed Trump on television from the moment his birther bullshit was out there. He is a racist, bigoted criminal pile of dogshit and "MSM" gave him a platform while ignoring other candidates who were running. Hilary's "emails" became a huge story for the so-called "liberal" media as they completely ignored Trump's claims about his own wife's immigration status. They NEVER confronted him on his countless claims and lies.

by Anonymousreply 238May 14, 2023 6:01 PM

R231 I can't get over how miscast Don Lemon was in a morning show. This is the guy who's known for getting drunk on New Years and having no filter. How did they seriously think he'd play out to the daytime audience of housewives and retirees?

by Anonymousreply 239May 14, 2023 6:20 PM

Collins worked IN FRONT of the scenes to provoke Lemon. When is it appropriate to interrupt a colleague while he's speaking? A colleague who is a veteran of the industry and almost twice your age? Never.

by Anonymousreply 240May 14, 2023 7:17 PM

CNN would have their hosts, Lemon, Anderson, etc get PLASTERED on national tv on new year's eve, debasing themselves and then the next day and the other 364 days of the year, then they are SERIOUS journalists and we are suppose to think of them that way? Is that how it works??/

by Anonymousreply 241May 14, 2023 7:17 PM

Serious journalists?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242May 14, 2023 7:22 PM

I don't feel sorry for Don Lemon any more than I feel sorry for Chris Cuomo.

Don did things he shouldn't have been doing for years and nothing happened to him. Likely, because he was very "friendly" with at least one of CNN's bigwigs at the time. A regular person would have been fired and blacklisted.

If Kaitlin Collins gets exposed for doing something she shouldn't have been doing and also gets fired I won't be feeling sad for her either.

by Anonymousreply 243May 14, 2023 7:23 PM

Don was removed from his own prime-time show and put on the AM show to deliberately undermine his position at CNN.

by Anonymousreply 244May 14, 2023 7:28 PM

Don wasn't owed anything by CNN. He was just an employee. Just like Chris Cuomo.

Don is the one who opened the door to his own firing. No one revealed the things he did to colleagues in the past until he kept showing the morning audience what an ass he was.

by Anonymousreply 245May 14, 2023 7:33 PM

In relation to this whole "silo" bullshit:

Why is it always framed as the coasts living in a bubble or "silos" when it's predominantly people in the midwest and south who are the reason unqualified trash like Trump gets elected? People exposed to nothing different, are the ones who live in fear of it and they are the ones who live in silos. I'm so tired of it. Even these hick/flyover elected officials get to shit on places like NY or CA. When was the last time an elected representative from the "coastal elite" states, shit on a place like Mississippi or Alabama and called it out for the useless shitholes they are?

by Anonymousreply 246May 14, 2023 7:37 PM

If cnn is a news outlet then it’s not shocking they would book newsworthy guests, whether they personally share said guests views. Anderson’s comments are his own just like anyone, I personally do not like trump at all but I also don’t like the wild woke lefties threatening to burn down the station or every college campus that doesn’t conform to who THEY choose to like. The country is based on views of varying degrees so it’s just as dangerous to censor one sided views if they don’t align with yours. If it’s something that is condoning and propagating VIOLENCE OR PEDOPHILIA against others or ANIMAL ABUSE then of course that’s different than a political view.

by Anonymousreply 247May 14, 2023 7:41 PM

Stay asleep, magat.

by Anonymousreply 248May 14, 2023 7:42 PM

THIS is the guy CNN and Cooper simped for: a LOSER, even in Des Moines.

"Photos taken minutes after cancellation of the Trump “rally” in Des Moines, which was on its way to becoming an embarrassing bust. Note the lack of severe weather, which was cited as the reason for cancellation. Rough day for Team Trump."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249May 14, 2023 10:57 PM

THIS is who they simped for:

"Our team at @WPAIntel analyzed public research (not our polling) on the impact that Donald Trump had on down-ballot races in 18 and 22

From this, it is clear Donald Trump would be, in layman's terms, a disaster for Republicans in competitive seats as the 2024 GOP nominee"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250May 14, 2023 10:59 PM

2/10...simping for a LOSER

"A 2020 study by Ballard et al. found that Trump endorsement had a "meaningful negative" effect on the endorsed candidates’ general election performance in the 2018 midterms.

By their estimation, Trump cost Republicans a at least 15 seats (11 in the House and four in the Senate)"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251May 14, 2023 11:01 PM

3/10...simping for a LOSER

"Ballard also looked at the impact that a Trump endorsement had on fundraising. What they found was surprising.

Trump did in fact boost a candidate’s fundraising — for the *Democrat* opponent of the Trump-backed candidate"

by Anonymousreply 252May 14, 2023 11:02 PM

4/10....simped for a LOSER

"A 2023 Jacobson study found that Trump’s endorsements in last year's midterms increased Dem share in open seat districts and states, and cost Republicans control of the Senate.

It also found that Trump’s endorsement BOOSTED the Dem favorability and DECREASED the GOP's."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253May 14, 2023 11:03 PM

5/10...CNN licked the prolapse of a LOSER

"A 2023 Barron study found that not only do Trump’s endorsements mobilize Dem donors & voters, his endorsements REDUCE support for GOP congressional candidates by as much as SIX POINTS.

Consider how many seats GOP would have been won if you add 6 pts to Republican-NV, GA, AZ…"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254May 14, 2023 11:05 PM

6/10...Cooper, Collins, and CNN simped and crawled for a traitor to America who also happens to be a LOSER

"Furthermore, at least two 2023 polls have found that Trump hurts down-ballot congressional Republicans.

In AZ, having Trump at the top of the ticket hurt the GOP congressional nominee by 10 POINTS — going from a solid win to a narrow loss against a generic Democrat."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255May 14, 2023 11:06 PM

7/10...Losing to a fat ass who eats pudding with his fingers

"In GA, Public Opinion Strategies found that Republicans would have a solid 9-point lead in the congressional ballot with Ron DeSantis at the top of the ticket.

With Trump, that lead is down to just 1 point."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256May 14, 2023 11:09 PM

8/10 "Have fun..." (said Licht)... LOSING THE HOUSE!

"With this in mind, our team studied the Cook Political Report’s Partisan Voting Index and identified 18 incumbent Republicans who would likely lose if Donald Trump is the face of the Republican Party in November.

Trump would cost Republicans the House."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257May 14, 2023 11:11 PM

9/10 This sounds like a fab plan!

"Trump would also make it harder for us to take back the Senate:

- In MI in 2020, James lost by 1.7 while Trump lost by 2.7 - A Trump-backed candidate only won OH by 6 points in 2022 (Gov won by 25!) - In AZ, Trump at the top of the ticket ensures a win for Democrats"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258May 14, 2023 11:13 PM

10/10 "Donald Trump: Fecal Touch" next up on CNN!

"Plainly stated…

We all know the story about King Midas’ golden touch.

Well, Donald Trump has the fecal touch. Everything he touches turns to

His candidacy ensures a second term for Biden + costs GOP the House and more winnable Sen seats (just like 18 & 22)"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259May 14, 2023 11:15 PM

I can’t believe the nerve of this albino cunt to lecture concerned individuals and be like, “Here’s yer medicine. Take it.”

Fuck off. What a condescending scold.

by Anonymousreply 260May 14, 2023 11:16 PM

Kaitlan's boyfriend is a wannabe MAGA politician.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261May 14, 2023 11:35 PM

The only god damned reason that loser McCarthy is even speaker (after humiliating himself to get votes), is because NY and CA fucked up the redrawing. Period. This country is not 50-50. We know that from the Senate alone where five fucking red states combined don't even have the population of CA. If the shoe were on the other foot and the red states had the money and population numbers, we'd already be subjected to their draconian laws ourselves.

by Anonymousreply 262May 14, 2023 11:58 PM

R261, how do you know that's her boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 263May 14, 2023 11:59 PM

Here you go, R263.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264May 15, 2023 12:02 AM

OK, thanks, R264.

by Anonymousreply 265May 15, 2023 12:04 AM

Oops,

by Anonymousreply 266May 15, 2023 12:04 AM

Back in the old days, there would be two points of view.Or even three.And people would discuss and compromise. But this is no ordinary time. The Republican Party doesn't support our Constitution. The party is a shell. It has been hijacked by Extremists who are determined to turn this into a Neo Fascist police state. They give the little people the voters red meat, give them someone to hate, while they fuck us.

by Anonymousreply 267May 15, 2023 1:14 AM

You want to know why you deserve to be humiliated and called out when you pull the "both sides" bullshit? Republicans like James Comer and Jim Jordan. These two fuckheads are constantly screaming about having "whistleblowers" who will give evidence of the "Biden Crime Family" and then when they're forced to put up or STFU, they don't put up nor do they STFU, and they just lie and pretend their "whistleblowers" have been silenced by the "deep state" or the "liberals" or "Soros" or the "woke FBI" or whatever other complete bullshit they come up with to gaslight. Democrats actually present evidence of Trump's corruption... including actual Republicans willing to tell the truth under oath. There is no fucking two sides. There's basic decency vs having none. MAGAts want to be lied to and be able to lie with impunity. Any media outlet allowing the lies to spread and go unchecked, is not presenting two sides, they're enabling propagandists to be treated on the same level as someone who uses actual facts.

by Anonymousreply 268May 15, 2023 1:53 AM

R264, my god she is unattractive! Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 269May 15, 2023 12:20 PM

Anderson Cooper is an elitist asshole who has never struggled a day in his life. He's a poor excuse for a "journalist," too. He's a former game show host and a company man to the core, and possesses no journalist ethics, among others.

This was a Klan rally presented on cable television. They gave a platform to a seditious white supremacist, and they demand that we all watch or be castigated for our insolence by a Vanderbilt overlord.

CNN is complete fucking garbage now. Anderson Cooper should never be taken seriously ever again.

by Anonymousreply 270May 15, 2023 12:33 PM

CNN has become rather Orwellian lately. I’m done.

by Anonymousreply 271May 15, 2023 12:38 PM

I love the jealousy that reeks from every word written in this thread about AC.

White, successful, gay & highly respected.

There's good reason why he's still there and your Diva Lemonhead is gone.

The public loves Anderson except the all jealous bitches on DL who my guess are mostly non white.

by Anonymousreply 272May 15, 2023 1:06 PM

Hes NOT going to fuck you r272

by Anonymousreply 273May 15, 2023 1:12 PM

Simmer down, Attmay. Or better yet, take those psychotropic meds your shrink left for you before leaving for a vacation.

by Anonymousreply 274May 15, 2023 1:12 PM

Oh My!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275May 15, 2023 2:52 PM

Anderson need to throw himself out the window, his rep is nothing but a pile of shit.

by Anonymousreply 276May 15, 2023 3:55 PM

I'm not jealous of Anderson and I don't begrudge him his background. But I am outraged that he would allow himself to be used to clean up the mess his overlords made. I am outraged that he chose to use that opportunity to chastise us. I Am also pissed off at the number of so called journalists from all kinds of media outlets who are praising Kaitlin Collins. IMO one of the best things we can do is get all her Daily Caller videos to go viral. I think it will embarrass CNN and Anderson even more and if it's some how place next to Anderson chastising us about opposing views even better.She was peddling conspiracy theories from the Extreme Right, and I fully expect to see her at a Trump Rally doin g the warm up act in the months to come.

by Anonymousreply 277May 15, 2023 4:18 PM

If he is so much a threat, Anderson, then why didn't you od the town hall or Jake Tapper? Why didn't cnn challenge his lies rather than posting a fact check afterward. You did it for ratings. You did it to capture the Fox News audience to show them, see we are not so bad, Trump comes on here. In short. Fuck off Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 278May 15, 2023 4:46 PM

My anger and disgust with him is for only one reason and that is because he has no loyalty to his country or democracy. There are only two sides now, democracy or fascism. He chose the side of fascism because that is where all of the rich, elites are. He is a cheap, disloyal, shallow, cowardly sell out. He showed everyone what he was when he threw his friend under the bus so quickly and brutally.

by Anonymousreply 279May 15, 2023 4:50 PM

AC's lecture about the silos reminds me of another DL fave Auntie Concerns (aka Susan Collins) lecturing us for an hour about the founding fathers when she got called out for voting to confirm drunken rapist Brett Kavanaugh to the SCOTUS. We were right then and we are right now. AC's silo lecture was equally lame.

Cancel CNN over this, now.

by Anonymousreply 280May 15, 2023 4:56 PM

r268...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281May 15, 2023 5:09 PM

[quote]Anderson need to throw himself out the window

What is that you say now?

by Anonymousreply 282May 15, 2023 5:11 PM

I think r79 is AC (look at his other posts).

by Anonymousreply 283May 15, 2023 5:53 PM

[quote]all jealous bitches on DL who my guess are mostly non white

WTF, R272? You're guessing there are a lot of "non-white" denizens on DL who are all jealous of AC?

As my mother would say, you ain't right in the head.

by Anonymousreply 284May 15, 2023 6:50 PM

[quote] There are only two sides now, democracy or fascism. He chose the side of fascism

Hyperbole is the worst thing in the universe and associated dimensions.

by Anonymousreply 285May 15, 2023 11:17 PM

AC's lecture about the silos reminds me of Hillary's comment about "deplorables". I wonder if it is going to sink him.

by Anonymousreply 286May 15, 2023 11:21 PM

No exaggeration

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287May 15, 2023 11:21 PM

The real fascists are Democrats who won't watch Trump rallies on CNN like good little lemmings.

by Anonymousreply 288May 15, 2023 11:39 PM

[quote]The public loves Anderson except the all jealous bitches on DL who my guess are mostly non white.

That you use racism to justify what Cooper did, says everything about the putrid idiots defending him for that stupid, N. Korean-style defense of his network continuing its ten year streak of normalizing fascist sexual predators.

by Anonymousreply 289May 15, 2023 11:47 PM

I've been thinking about not only Anderson, but of our mainstream media in general. Somewhere along the way, we have lost track of who we are if we ever knew it in the first place. I've studied our history from it's earliest days, and even participated as an activist for years. But it seems like we don't even now who we are. We have no national identity and no sense of what our Constitution means. We have always had white supremacists, we have always had hateful people. But we had the sense to stop that in its tracks. Now it seems like we no longer have no standards and hide behind the language of a First Amendment or a 2nd Amendment not even understanding what they intended. And here is Anderson telling us to listen to "Opposing views" as if we were engaged in a normal give and take with the Republican Party of the 1950's? Technology, the internet has provided our adversaries with new weapons and willing whores eager to take their 30 pieces of silver and betray our nation. I grew up in a country that seemed to have a sense of decorum, behavior standards. A country where someone like Trump wouldn't even get a TV show much less run f or PResident. We've always had problems. Democracy is a continually contested ideal. But we always honored out Constitution and struggled towards being a good nation. And now we have imbeciles like Anderson Cooper mouthing words hiding behind his indignation and not even fully appreciating the danger we face.

by Anonymousreply 290May 15, 2023 11:47 PM

[quote]The public loves Anderson

He's an openly gay news anchor on CNN, a network that large swaths of the public consider fake news, the same swaths that think gay men are "groomers." I think you overstate how much "the public" loves him, but do continue your troll campaign. It's hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 291May 15, 2023 11:50 PM

More right wing shit coming out about Kaitlan. Including dragging Obama girls. She truly is a shit person - that homophobic tweet brouhaha barely scratched the surface.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292May 15, 2023 11:52 PM

DL must assess if she is correct on these 13 'hot' Syrian refugees. Where can we see pictures?

by Anonymousreply 293May 15, 2023 11:57 PM

Good, R292 keep it coming. Everyone should be posting stuff about her everywhere on social media. She needs to be an embarrassment, and all these shit asses who started supporting her after the Informercial ought to be ashamed. Especially Anderson Cooper. Although I bet Anderson knew exactly who she was. And he overlooked it.

by Anonymousreply 294May 15, 2023 11:57 PM

where have you been for the last eight years? Magats don't feel shame, they are proud scumbags.

by Anonymousreply 295May 16, 2023 12:43 AM

R295, I was speaking of all the journalists who rushed to say how hard Kaitlin "tried" to handle Trump, etc. guys like Peter Baker at the NYT and a lot of others were tweeting about what a great job she did "under the circumstances." Like WTF?? First she could not have moderated without Trump's approval. Second, Trump had a hand picked audience of supporters, and 3rd, Collins rehearsed and prepared for weeks with the upper echelons of CNN giving her a simulation session with someone playing Trump! As if she were a candidate. It was a total farce. I want those mainstream journalists to feel embarrassed, not because many of them didn't know who she was, I think they did. But now they will know we know.

by Anonymousreply 296May 16, 2023 12:52 AM

[quote] And here is Anderson telling us to listen to "Opposing views" as if we were engaged in a normal give and take with the Republican Party of the 1950's?

Exactly. There are people even on this very thread acting as if Trump is just another Republican politician like Romney or McCain or even GWB, instead of a seditionist who openly espouses and encourages white supremacy.

During his presidency, the US was secretly sterilizing Hispanic immigrant women against their will, at the order of his immigration czar, Stephen Miller (and the irony of a Jew whose family came to the US as refugees using his power to repeat one of the Nazis' crimes is off the charts). This was done in our name, with our tax dollars. Why in the ever-loving fuck should we listen to anything Trump and his assorted GOP flunkies have to say? White supremacy is not just another shade on the political spectrum, which is how the media has been treating it ever since Trump's ascendance. It's not an issue of free speech or a legitimate political position. It's an abomination, whose end goal is always the extermination of those who do not meet the correct 'criteria' to exist.

Fuck CNN, Cooper, Licht, Collins and anyone else who wants to normalize this shit, and demands that we acquiesce.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297May 16, 2023 10:42 AM

R296, Peter Baker's entire MO is to have a completely shit take and being mealy-mouthed when it comes right-wing lies.

by Anonymousreply 298May 16, 2023 10:42 AM

I know several American "mama bears" who follow international news and if it was Obama or Biden who had forcibly sterilized even ONE women, they would all be posting on every social media they had, every day, that they needed their dick and balls chopped off and fed to them.

They won't say or post a fucking word about the many forced sterilizations done under their precious 💞 Trump, though. They're good CHRISTIAN "mama bears".

by Anonymousreply 299May 16, 2023 10:50 AM

R298 he wasn't the only one.

by Anonymousreply 300May 16, 2023 11:45 AM

[quote]DL must assess if she is correct on these 13 'hot' Syrian refugees. Where can we see pictures?

Apparently they were women.

by Anonymousreply 301May 16, 2023 12:03 PM

Well, that's disappointing, R301

by Anonymousreply 302May 16, 2023 12:08 PM

These assholes don't realize that if the Neo Fascists do take over that will be the end of Freedom of the Press. The only "news shows" we will see about politics will be these infomercials, masquerading as town halls. The Kaitlin Collins of the world will be stars.

by Anonymousreply 303May 16, 2023 12:19 PM

You made an excellent point. They are complaining about other people viewing the world from a silo. But this event included an audience of dump fans, instructed to cheer and moderated by a magat! Beyond hypocritical!

by Anonymousreply 304May 16, 2023 9:33 PM

Let's hope Chris Maybe he's already working for them. Hey, what if CNN's stock drops so low Murdoch buys them? Licht's job is in the shitter. Word is he has admitted internally that "things could have been done differently..." which is the weakest admission of a fuck up I have heard lately. Considering the massive hit CNN is taking, he ought to be updating his resume. I think he'd be a good fit with the Murdoch organization.

by Anonymousreply 305May 16, 2023 9:39 PM

If America goes tits up, the wealthy got options!

During quarantine, a Google executive was permitted to purchase valuable property in New Zealand although NZ had put the breaks on immigration and foreigners purchasing property.

by Anonymousreply 306May 16, 2023 9:43 PM

Who'd the CNN magat fuck to get hired? Newsmax has bigger viewership now.

by Anonymousreply 307May 16, 2023 9:45 PM

Dataloinge has always had an antipathy toward successful white men, gay or straight.

Whether it's Anderson or Mayor Pete, or a Jensen Ackles type, the old Queens of color here just can't stomach the truth.

by Anonymousreply 308May 16, 2023 9:48 PM

You know treachery can exist within the upper echelons of the networks. Suppose the new owners want to unload CNN? It could happen.

by Anonymousreply 309May 16, 2023 9:49 PM

You sound stupid and Russian

by Anonymousreply 310May 16, 2023 9:49 PM

R308, your trolling is getting boring.

by Anonymousreply 311May 16, 2023 9:50 PM

R308 is the same troll that would holler "YOU'RE ALL JUST FAT AND JEALOUS" in the Cockgobbler threads.

by Anonymousreply 312May 16, 2023 9:52 PM

I had him blocked so he must be pretty awful.

by Anonymousreply 313May 16, 2023 9:57 PM

The poor petals that block people must be frightened of their own shadows as well.

They're so delicate and precious.

by Anonymousreply 314May 17, 2023 12:45 AM

Soooooooo Russian and retarded

by Anonymousreply 315May 17, 2023 12:47 AM

[quote]Whether it's Anderson or Mayor Pete, or a Jensen Ackles type, the old Queens of color here just can't stomach the truth.

NOPE! Mayor Pete is cool. Most of the progressives on the DL love him. There are one or two trolls on here that obsess over hating him but most gay people I know love him. I cant say that about Anderson or the other queens of color you are talking about. Republcans and Russians hate him though.

by Anonymousreply 316May 17, 2023 3:25 AM

I think it's so funny when Conservatives tout how shit like Newmax and Fox have the best ratings. They do get a dedicated following but the majority of viewers are old people, crazy extremists or both. So congrats I guess.

by Anonymousreply 317May 17, 2023 3:33 AM

Old people are the biggest voting block r317. They vote religiously and in high numbers. That said, the majority of people have moved away from cable news so 3 million out of 330 million people in the US works out to about 1% who really even watch Faux News on a good day.

by Anonymousreply 318May 17, 2023 3:36 AM

R318 well the Boomer generation are nearing their 80s which must make the GOP worried that their biggest voting block is nearing the end.

by Anonymousreply 319May 17, 2023 3:41 AM

Boomers are like cockroaches, they never die. And they wont pass the torch of power unless it's torn from their cold dead hands.

by Anonymousreply 320May 17, 2023 3:42 AM

The back end of the Boomer generation are just near approaching 60. They are NOT just a bunch of 80 year olds.

They'll rule the day for sometime to come.

by Anonymousreply 321May 17, 2023 10:59 AM

[quote] The back end of the Boomer generation are just near approaching 60.

Meanwhile Di is 89 and confused Joe is 80

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322May 17, 2023 11:02 AM

[quote]Dataloinge

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 323May 17, 2023 11:17 AM

R322, 89 and 80 are not boomers. 80 means you were born in 1943. The war was over in 1945. Neither of these people are Boomers. They’re older than Boomers.

by Anonymousreply 324May 17, 2023 4:56 PM

R321 so they are all pretty much in retirement age. Boomers are the greediest motherfuckers on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 325May 17, 2023 5:15 PM

What a turd of a human upon which to throw your career or network

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326May 17, 2023 5:35 PM

R326, you have to figure that who ever would throw a party at Mar A Lago for any reason has to be a Trump supporter. Why else would you? It's a shithole with bugs and filth and a bad kitchen. I'd rather go to a fucking Waffle House.

by Anonymousreply 327May 17, 2023 6:08 PM

It's absolutely horrifying to see what he looks like without his girdle and orange clown makeup R326. Lordy, he is FAT!!!

by Anonymousreply 328May 17, 2023 8:27 PM

R328, imagine if he *didn't* drink diet coke with his fast food!

by Anonymousreply 329May 17, 2023 9:16 PM

You all wanna fuck Anderson. Just admit it.

by Anonymousreply 330May 18, 2023 7:22 AM

The last time Anderson Cooper had any physical charms was the "big gun" arms period circa Katrina.

by Anonymousreply 331May 18, 2023 8:06 AM

Hi Anderson @R330! Sorry but I'm not really into geriatric albinos.

by Anonymousreply 332May 18, 2023 11:51 AM

R332... I know right!

by Anonymousreply 333May 18, 2023 1:44 PM

Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav offered a look at his vision for CNN going forward, saying the goal is to “show both sides of every issue,” which includes bringing more Republicans on air.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334May 18, 2023 3:27 PM

Anderson Cooper's lost the plot. I used to think he might actually turn out to be a real journalist. Hell, 60 Minutes hired him. Between him excusing away CNN's Trump infomercial, wasting time trying to prove his little buddy Prince Harry isn't a liar last night and giving airtime to Andy Cohen, he needs to move to Entertainment Tonight. He's lost all credibility.

by Anonymousreply 335May 18, 2023 7:18 PM

R335 CNN has also lost all credibility, so he will probably stay put. Otherwise why waste himself cleaning up the droppings from that disastrous Informercial.

by Anonymousreply 336May 18, 2023 7:27 PM

Tell Zaslav Fox is for sale cheap,so maybe he can get "more Republicans to be on TV." That simplistic pig is trying to gaslight us with his bullshit "both sides" argument. I will repeat what we have seen so many times "One guy says it's raining, the other guy says it is not raining. The job of a journalist is not to treat both sides equally. The journalist is supposed to go outside to see if it's raining ."

by Anonymousreply 337May 18, 2023 7:38 PM

How is there "both sides" to the mocking of a sexual abuse victim by her rapist?

by Anonymousreply 338May 18, 2023 8:19 PM

R335 you mean Cooper getting plastered on national tv on new year's eve and acting like a 10 year old girl with mean girl Cohen wasn't enough to kill his "credibility" beforehand... (along with don lemon!)..

by Anonymousreply 339May 18, 2023 8:22 PM

Is Anderson smart or dumb? Can't figure it out. The last time he was good at anything was standing in hurricanes.

by Anonymousreply 340May 18, 2023 8:42 PM

Anderson showing off his Adonis figure.

Jealous, bitches?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341May 18, 2023 11:17 PM

Sorry, R341. Not jealous of doughy, pasty eldergays.

BTW: whatever happened to the "Corsican barmaid" Ben? Is he still changing AC's kids diapers?

by Anonymousreply 342May 18, 2023 11:22 PM

Ewww, put a shirt on grandpa. Your albino fetish just blinded us.

by Anonymousreply 343May 19, 2023 12:09 AM

Anderson went to Yale! How can he be dumb, right? I mean George W. Bush went there? Right? And he was President.

by Anonymousreply 344May 19, 2023 2:39 AM

Once I read how cold Anderson was to his "FRIEND" Cathy after the whole fake Trump head thing, his true colors really revealed how much of a shallow, self involved company man he really was. Not surprised he's the water boy for the new Fox network CNN.

by Anonymousreply 345May 19, 2023 5:52 AM

Kathy ( with a K ) is nobody's friend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346May 19, 2023 5:56 AM

Anderson is going down with the ship and he's not even the captain.

All that time with Andy Cohen and his bags of powder has done in Cooper's critical judgment.

by Anonymousreply 347May 19, 2023 6:32 AM

R330 I've never found him fuckable in the least. He used to have an attractive build. I always found his face...odd.

But it's his personality that always made him unfuckable to me.

He's got the personality (and the physical appeal) of generic Wonder-type bread.

His is as bland as a personality can be, he's been enough of a professional journalist for the most part that he seems to have almost no personal opinions, and although CNN forced it down our throats and many people accepted it, giggling like a little girl does not a personality make.

Nor does hitching himself to celebrities.

I am not impressed by his public friendships with Cohen, Kelly Ripa and their rich, self-indulgent Hamptons luxury crew.

I find it repulsive that supposed journalists are just starfuckers who show off their own ostentatious wealth. A journalist is not going to represent the interests of common people when he cavorts on yachts with celebrities. It's gross. He of course is not alone in this; Don Lemon, Sunny Hostin, and David Muir are among those who show off that they hang out in the same uber-wealthy Hamptons circles as Sarah Jessica Parker and the likes of Ramona Singer, a Trump-loving narcissist who people like Cohen and Cooper love because she's viewed as a celebrity. Just gross.

And even before he was hitched to Andy Cohen, Cooper posted all those weird attempts at 'thirst traps' on Instagram, always with one arm up over his head to show off his Moon-pale biceps, sometimes shirtless. I can only imagine the kinds of guys who sent him DMs and what he did with them. The judgment is not that he was a horny bastard who most likely fucked all manner of strangers he caught on social media, but that even in an Instagram image he somehow always has come across as needy and searching for someone to 'fill him up' in whatever way he could get.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348May 19, 2023 6:50 AM

There's that arm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349May 19, 2023 6:51 AM

All of those guys, Andy, Anderson, Lemmon and Cohen were original Repugs. They play that down or became "independent" when they got their jobs from more progressive networks. But deep down, a leopard cant change it's spots. So it's no surprise when daddy network says jump, they say "how high".

by Anonymousreply 350May 19, 2023 7:27 AM

Trump looks so fat at R326. How much does he weigh?

by Anonymousreply 351May 19, 2023 8:17 AM

CNN is normalizing Rape and normalizing Republicans

by Anonymousreply 352May 19, 2023 8:25 AM

George Conway:

It’s not media bias for journalists to recognize, report, and account for the fact that the leading candidate for the Republican presidential nomination is a pathological liar and a narcissistic sociopath.

It’s bias *not* to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353May 19, 2023 8:37 AM

So hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354May 19, 2023 10:49 AM

^Trump apologist alpha mouse

by Anonymousreply 355May 19, 2023 10:54 AM

[quote]Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav offered a look at his vision for CNN going forward, saying the goal is to “show both sides of every issue,”

Somebody tell this turd that there is no 'both sides' when it comes to white supremacy. it's not a legitimate political position. Nor is sedition. If their actual goal was to show 'both sides', they wouldn't have packed the town hall with Trump supporters, ordered them to refrain from booing and given him a wingnut for a moderator. Give us a fucking break.

by Anonymousreply 356May 19, 2023 11:07 AM

R3356 has made the defining statement. Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 357May 19, 2023 12:02 PM

Cronkite and Murrow are rolling in their graves...

by Anonymousreply 358May 19, 2023 12:36 PM

Major log cabin vibes from Anderson. He's of the 1%. Andy Cohen is another crypto-Republican. Wouldn't shock me if both are Trump supporters in private.

by Anonymousreply 359May 19, 2023 3:19 PM

We need to remember this time. We need to remember our outrage and disgust. We can't afford to let things die down and get used to this.

by Anonymousreply 360May 19, 2023 3:34 PM

Anderson obviously knows that providing a platform to a leading presidential candidate is not actually the issue. It's is platforming Trump, a known liar, propagandist and insurrectionist, in a bogus town hall set-up, in a room full of MAGA sycophants , in which non-stop barrage of lies cannot be effectively questioned and disseminated. This was by no means a town hall setting, it was a Trump MAGA political advert/rally.

by Anonymousreply 361May 19, 2023 3:46 PM

R348

They all live in Sag Harbour in the Hamptons.

by Anonymousreply 362May 22, 2023 5:49 AM

R354, So not hot!

by Anonymousreply 363May 22, 2023 9:52 AM

R363 Racist.

by Anonymousreply 364May 22, 2023 10:30 AM

Here’s How Bad CNN’s Post-Trump Town Hall Ratings Have Been

Now the numbers are in a week after the broadcast, and as The Daily Beast reports, Licht’s effort to turn CNN into a right-wing news engine resulted in exactly the sort of disaster anyone might have predicted: bringing CNN its lowest ratings in eight years, sinking to less than half the viewers of MSNBC, and even falling below radical right outlet Newsmax.

Overall, Nielsen ratings for CNN were down double-digits, as were the network’s key demographic of viewers between 25 and 54 when compared to the week before the Trump stunt. Average daily viewers fell to 429,000 compared to 976,000 at MSNBC.

That number for MSNBC represents a 44% gain since Licht was put in place by Warner CEO David Zaslav. Licht has been very good for MSNBC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365May 23, 2023 2:46 PM

Anderson may be out of a job soon. Maybe he can go back to hosting The Mole.:

Perhaps the most shocking way of looking at CNN’s current ratings is that the primetime shows featuring both Anderson Cooper and Chris Wallace fell below not just Fox and MSNBC, but turned in lower numbers for the hour than radical-right Newsmax. Newsmax isn’t even featured on many of the largest cable providers, including DirectTV, and it still managed to beat CNN.

by Anonymousreply 366May 23, 2023 2:49 PM

He's a OG nepokid and doesn't need to work

by Anonymousreply 367May 23, 2023 9:46 PM

I am glad it fell below News Max. I think Licht’s effort to turn CNN into a right-wing ass licking propaganda machine assumed losing the moderate viewers would be instantly replaced with a wave of Fox viewers which did not happen. He didn't care about pissing off the current viewers because he though he would make it up tenfold with all the right wingnuts and Trumpeters. FAIL.

He needs to be out of a job soon if they want to salvage the network. Anderson is just the side show. No one is going back to CNN just because Anderson "decided to spend my time with his family"

by Anonymousreply 368May 24, 2023 7:28 AM

It's interesting that everyone agrees Licht is cynically trying to acquire some of Fox's deplorable market share but not considering that he may be deplorable himself.

Either way, Anderson Cooper is one of a host of hosts who is politically and morally and ethically flexible depending on how he needs to contort to keep his fame and his paycheck.

Don Lemon was fired just before the Trump town hall. I wonder if he may have been told to bow down to the GOP and refused, with his firing serving as a warning to the rest.

You know journalists like Jake Tapper and Anderson Cooper are nothing but modern-day Gatsbys when a new CEO can change their whole worldviews overnight.

It's still incredible to me that Kaitlan Collins began her career working for fucking Tucker Carlson and thanks to Donald Trump's presidency rocketed her way to the top face of CNN.

Remember Abby Phillip, the black journalist who became a breakout star during the Trump admin? She was quickly buried by the network, which elevated homophobic Collins as quickly as it could.

The network is only worth watching if you're a news addict who needs a constant fix of pseudo intellectuals bickering over what is nothing more than gossip about shitty people but which the whole journalism industry would have you believe is more important than science and technology developments.

by Anonymousreply 369May 24, 2023 9:25 AM

Stop with the conspiracy theories about Don Lemon. It's ridiculous the way people are refusing to accept he dug his own grave at the network over a period of years. He's not a victim of anything except his own shitty behavior and the delusion that sucking up to the right people would protect him indefinitely.

by Anonymousreply 370May 24, 2023 9:29 AM

R370 He dug his own grave but he was a major face of CNN for over 15 years. Whatever the cause, his firing demonstrated to people like Cooper who think they are too big-named to fail there that CNN is willing to take down its stars if they won't fall in line.

I imagine Licht feels like he killed three birds with one stone, getting rid of a buffoonish narcissist, getting rid of someone expensive and demonstrating to others who may have thought CNN will tolerate their independent voices that they are there to represent the opinions that are given to them and nothing more.

Anderson Cooper broke his professionalism during Trump's presidency and said something about Trump 'taking a dump' on his desk. He despises Trump personally. Standing up for CNN's decision to support Trump is a pretty radical departure from his personal values. He's a total sellout.

by Anonymousreply 371May 24, 2023 9:35 AM

I totally believe conspiracy theories re 🍋 removal.

by Anonymousreply 372May 24, 2023 11:31 AM

CNN started the purge months ago. It wasn't just Don Lemon. And Collins went after him on the air because Collins was given a green light to do it. I think we sometimes forget the trajectory of this. Do you even remember John Harwood. Older, white guy. Damned good reporter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373May 24, 2023 11:59 AM

CNN has these panels all the time and maybe I have a bad memory, but has Anderson Cooper ever teamed up with Kaitlin Collins? It seems to me Anderson can make his own personal demands and they will accommodate him, but he does it quietly. He can go on TV and berate the public, but behind the scenes he makes sure his own comfort is addressed.

by Anonymousreply 374May 24, 2023 12:01 PM

[quote]Do you even remember John Harwood. Older, white guy. Damned good reporter.

He really is and could you imagine thinking absolute filth and an imbecile like Jessie Watters should be what you strive for as a news network?

by Anonymousreply 375May 24, 2023 12:02 PM

Is Fredricka Whitfield still there?

I used to sometimes turn on CNN midday and she would be there, always stammering and bumbling her way through reading the teleprompter. I always wondered how she made it to a national network.

by Anonymousreply 376May 24, 2023 12:05 PM

I wondered if that would happen, r365. The initial breathless reports about how CNN won that time slot seemed like a temporary win, and it was. Now CNN has fallen so low that Newsmax is beating them.

by Anonymousreply 377May 24, 2023 12:09 PM

Poor CNN! What they need is a really good hurricane, wild fires, an earthquake or maybe a coup in Russia. The only time people watch them is for a disaster. They do those well. You may not remember the way they covered the Gulf War when Bush 41 was President. If you can find it, they made a movie about it. Their war coverage is what established them and caused the world to take them seriously. When you look at their history, those early years you can fully appreciate what a tragic turn of events this new era is. The movie is called "Live from Baghdad." Michael Keaton, David Suchet, and Helena Bonham Carter.

by Anonymousreply 378May 24, 2023 12:16 PM

Here, I present to you, "Live from Baghdad," and Michael Keaton was in his prime and looking good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379May 24, 2023 12:26 PM

R378, What CNN needs is me!

by Anonymousreply 380May 24, 2023 12:41 PM

John Malone, a billionaire Trump donor, bought major shares from CNN, pushed Jeff Zucker out and then hired Licht to do his right wing bidding. And "immensely credible journalist" Anderson Cooper is presenting her pre-lubed hole to her boss like the common whore she is. If he had any real integrity, Anderson should've quit his job the moment it was clear that the whole town hall meeting was a set up to make Trump look good. But instead he lectures the woke Liberals about staying in their bubble ... oops, it's called silo now ... while Licht's jizz is dribbling out of Anderson's gaping hole off camera.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381May 24, 2023 12:44 PM

I wonder if privately Anderson wishes he had never made the “silo” comment. Looks like that one may stick to him for a while and not in a good way.

by Anonymousreply 382May 24, 2023 12:54 PM

well well said R369 and R381!!

by Anonymousreply 383May 24, 2023 1:31 PM

At the end of the day, all these news shows and news networks are a reflection of the public they want to appeal ot. And that public is getting dumber by the day. Seriously. The new normal is scary because people are really stupid.

by Anonymousreply 384May 24, 2023 1:36 PM

[quote] If you can find it, they made a movie about it.

You don't need a movie when you can look at the real stuff

I was in my office working late and had been chatting on the phone with a friend when he told me this had just gone on the air. I went directly home to watch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385May 24, 2023 1:44 PM

R381, Anderson ruined his entire reputation for a lifetime with one Licht-ass-kissing speech. What network would want him after that?

by Anonymousreply 386May 24, 2023 1:47 PM

Now it’s Jake Tapper’s turn…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387May 25, 2023 8:20 AM

[quote]David Suchet

AKA Hercule Poirot!

by Anonymousreply 388May 25, 2023 8:30 AM

So this means Nikki Haley is entitles to approve her moderator, is entitled to hand pick her audience, and no one is allowed to boo her, only applaud? Because Licht set the standards when he did those things for Trump. And I hope people dump CNN, again. I want people to send CNN the message that they cannot recover from what they did for Trump. I don't need Informercials.

by Anonymousreply 389May 25, 2023 12:08 PM

Now Pence is getting one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390May 25, 2023 7:58 PM

And Nikki Haley:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391May 25, 2023 7:59 PM

[quote] No doubt in my mind those numbers dropped today.

Why would you doubt they dropped, r24?

by Anonymousreply 392May 25, 2023 8:09 PM

[quote] No doubt in my mind those numbers dropped today.

Why would you doubt that they dropped, r24?

by Anonymousreply 393May 25, 2023 8:10 PM

All these dog and pony shows are to give the impression things are normal and this is your normal Republican PArty. They are normalizing extremists. The Party has been hijacked by extremists, and every living ass ampong the GOP leadership accommodates fascism. They want us to consume it. Either we take it rough and dirty with the Trump sideshow, or we get it soft and spongy with Pence and Haley, or we get a total, in your face mini Mussolini in De Santis. People need to understand the Network news "shows" are no longer a public serve as they were once conceived back in the old days, the early days of Television. Back then the regulations and laws required the networks to dedicate some portion of their broadcast to public service including the news. Now everything is a profit center. The Media is a business. Period. Ratings and Revenue. They get a lot of revenue from the Republican dark money groups in ads. But they also get a lot of revenue from Big Pharma and the energy lobby, gas oil, minerals, etc. And when all your advertisers are also paying off the House and Senate and your governors and legislatures, those networks will always follow the money. Those are the guys who control the media. There is no longer a public service component to news coverage.Anderson Cooper, Jake Tapper, Dana BAsh, etc. are their marquee names and they are paid tens of millions of dollars and they are not going to cut off their revenue sources to do what's right. The news "shows" were a joke before they slid into this ditch. They lacked context, their stories often incomplete, and inaccurate. I have learned to enjoy reading my newspapers again along with several trusted, credible websites. I haven't watched TV news in many months and I feel so much better. No stress. The news shows can make you crazy.

by Anonymousreply 394May 25, 2023 8:37 PM

Anderson smells of dog puke. There. I said it.

by Anonymousreply 395May 26, 2023 2:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!