Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jordan Neely “ killer” to be charged

We don’t know what the charges will be but Penny is expected to turn himself in on Friday .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224June 4, 2023 12:57 AM

I'm of two minds about this. I really just don't know. My gut tells me the guy didn't plan on killing him. But also, he should have modulated his fucking force and not held him by the windpipe. We just went through this with George Floyd, I mean fuck! Hello?!

by Anonymousreply 1May 11, 2023 10:45 PM

They have to charge with him something. He held the chokehold on too long. It only takes a few seconds to choke someone out.

by Anonymousreply 2May 11, 2023 10:45 PM

Me thinks that if charges are not that serious, riots ensue and of course it’s the weekend.

by Anonymousreply 3May 11, 2023 10:47 PM

Brace for more riots.

by Anonymousreply 4May 11, 2023 10:54 PM

It’s manslaughter.

by Anonymousreply 5May 11, 2023 10:56 PM

I heard on the news tonight that he’s being charged with manslaughter.

by Anonymousreply 6May 11, 2023 10:56 PM

Even manslaughter won’t soothe the blood thirsty rioters

by Anonymousreply 7May 11, 2023 10:57 PM

Manslaughter won’t fly with BLM. Strangulation usually requires a time to realize what you’re doing. Perfect weather in NYC, and very possibly other cities this weekend

by Anonymousreply 8May 11, 2023 10:59 PM

They were labeling it as a “lynching” so, no, manslaughter will not fly.

by Anonymousreply 9May 11, 2023 11:00 PM

He should be in jail, like the person he murdered.

by Anonymousreply 10May 11, 2023 11:01 PM

R9, I saw a blue check saying that this is worse than George Floyd

by Anonymousreply 11May 11, 2023 11:02 PM

R11 People pay for the "blue checks" now, you know that, right?

I don't think it's worse than George Floyd, but it's still murder.

by Anonymousreply 12May 11, 2023 11:05 PM

Why is "killer" in quotation marks?

by Anonymousreply 13May 11, 2023 11:07 PM

R13 You know why - OP might just have an opinion about this...

by Anonymousreply 14May 11, 2023 11:08 PM

Penny did not intend to kill r13

by Anonymousreply 15May 11, 2023 11:13 PM

Opinion lol 👆🏼

by Anonymousreply 16May 11, 2023 11:15 PM

Erm, he held Jordan Neely in a chokehold for 15 mins. If that’s not intent to kill…what is it?

Worse yet: all the people that watched it and did nothing. NYC hasn’t changed one bit.

by Anonymousreply 17May 11, 2023 11:20 PM

"Penny did not intend to kill"

Sure, Jan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 11, 2023 11:22 PM

R18, wants to help Trump

by Anonymousreply 19May 11, 2023 11:54 PM

Second-degree manslaughter. District Attorney trying to stop demonstrations I suppose.

All those demonstrators protesting his death need to adopt a schizophrenic off the streets and give them a home.

by Anonymousreply 20May 12, 2023 12:06 AM

They had to charge him. Whether he will be convicted is another story entirely.

by Anonymousreply 21May 12, 2023 12:13 AM

Hey fuckwit R20 there's a lot of space between "adopt a schizophrenic" and "murder the homeless".

by Anonymousreply 22May 12, 2023 12:32 AM

Well, OP, you certainly have a mission.

by Anonymousreply 23May 12, 2023 12:35 AM

White people are going to make him millions. Kyle Rittenhouse got $2 million through GoFundMe.

by Anonymousreply 24May 12, 2023 12:48 AM

Amen r24

by Anonymousreply 25May 12, 2023 12:55 AM

R9 It IS a lynching.

I think the thread I spoke about this died out or was deleted.

But basically, most of the historic black lynchings in the US were criminals - mostly murderers. If you look at most of the horrific famous lynching photos, they’re of men who confessed or were charged for murdering a white person.

There were of course some who were innocent but a lot of them were actual murderers.

The problem with that is those men were not given their rights as US citizens, they weren’t given their day in court or their fair trial. They were instantly strung up and hung or set on fire or shot.

The scariest part about today is that the black men who are killed in similar fashion were killed for way less or crimes than the historic ones everyone universally agrees was wrong and bad and racist.

White people today will say the lynching of Thomas Shipp and Abram Smith in 1930 was wrong and racist but are on the fence with Jordan Neely and George Floyd, neither who were killed for being murderers.

This Hollywood idea that white guys got drunk and dragged black men out of their houses and lynched them is false. Most of the men were dragged out of jail cells. There were always “justifications”.

You think there were no Jordan Neely and George Floyd’s who were murdered back then? Please.

You have to explain the difference if you disagree.

by Anonymousreply 26May 12, 2023 1:00 AM

Example via wiki

Jesse Washington was a seventeen-year-old African American farmhand who was lynched in the county seat of Waco, Texas, on May 15, 1916, in what became a well-known example of racist lynching. Washington was convicted of raping and murdering Lucy Fryer, the wife of his white employer in rural Robinson, Texas. He was chained by his neck and dragged out of the county court by observers. He was then paraded through the street, all while being stabbed and beaten, before being held down and castrated. He was then lynched in front of Waco's city hall.

They tied him to a tree and set him on fire.

The point is the idea of black people being second class citizens and not given their equal rights whether they’re good people or bad people.

by Anonymousreply 27May 12, 2023 1:05 AM

Charges will be a let down. He will not spend a night in jail as he will Bail out . And highly unlikely for a conviction.

by Anonymousreply 28May 12, 2023 1:11 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 29May 12, 2023 1:21 AM

Such the pot stirrer, that OP...

by Anonymousreply 30May 12, 2023 1:28 AM

Never bite off more than you can chew. If he couldn't get some guys to help with restraining, then he should have left it alone. Choker went too far and now is in trouble. Maybe he had war PTSD or something.

by Anonymousreply 31May 12, 2023 1:30 AM

Where can one contribute to Penny's defense?

by Anonymousreply 32May 12, 2023 1:31 AM

One way to tell me whether you believe black lives matter is to put "killer" in quotation marks.

There will be protests. Proud boys will crossdress as [bold]ANTIFAAAAA![/bold] and smash shit up. "concerned" "centrists" will wring their hands and worry that staged violence will get Trump reelected.

Welcome to the next 2 years.

by Anonymousreply 33May 12, 2023 1:36 AM

[quote] All those demonstrators protesting his death need to adopt a schizophrenic off the streets and give them a home.

Or they should buy machetes and hack r20 to death since it's OK to kill people you don't like.

by Anonymousreply 34May 12, 2023 1:38 AM

He was restrained by Penny and two other subway riders, R31.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 12, 2023 1:44 AM

[quote] Jesse Washington was a seventeen-year-old African American farmhand who was lynched in the county seat of Waco, Texas, on May 15, 1916, in what became a well-known example of racist lynching. Washington was convicted of raping and murdering Lucy Fryer, the wife of his white employer in rural Robinson, Texas.

It is unlikely he did it or that he "confessed" to the killing. It's more likely his white employer killed his wife and blamed it on a young Black man. I can't imagine that it was your intent to suggest that there was some rational basis for the horrific, barbaric racist violence perpetrated against Blacks pre-Civil Rights Act.

by Anonymousreply 36May 12, 2023 1:52 AM

Bump . I hope marine gets off

by Anonymousreply 37May 12, 2023 2:04 AM

R36

“I can’t imagine that it was your intent to suggest that there was some rational basis for the horrific, barbaric racist violence perpetrated against Blacks pre-Civil Rights Act.”

YES. I absolutely 10000% am.

Just like today there is a rational basis for Trayvon Martin’s murder, Michael Brown’s murder, Philando Castillo’s murder, George Floyd’s murder, Jordan Neely’s murder.

Just look at the threads. Go on Twitter. Jordan was a criminal so he deserved to be murdered. There’s the same rational basis that got those men hung 100 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 38May 12, 2023 2:07 AM

Black people have always been the villains of whatever era of US history and white people have always played the victims. Always had some form of justification or rational basis to be horrible to black people.

My point is in a 100 years from now, white people in the year 2,123 will think white people in 2023 were racist bigots and horrible to black people as white people think that of white people in 1923. And I’m sure the white people of the future will continue to be rotten. It’s this crazy cycle.

by Anonymousreply 39May 12, 2023 2:13 AM

Murder is planned, so, manslaughter is more appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 40May 12, 2023 2:20 AM

R40, I believe they will Reduce it down

by Anonymousreply 41May 12, 2023 2:21 AM

I should say "intended".

by Anonymousreply 42May 12, 2023 2:21 AM

Intent can be formed in a second. It doesn't mean he got on that train intending to kill someone, but (I strongly believe but they will not be able to prove it) he intended to murder Neely whilst he was choke-holding him.

by Anonymousreply 43May 12, 2023 2:34 AM

If Neely was a Marine he received training on how to administer a chokehold, and the difference between knocking somebody unconscious and killing them.

I imagine the prosecution will be digging into that.

by Anonymousreply 44May 12, 2023 2:54 AM

I don’t think Penny realized his own strength. Sad story all around. It really wasn’t necessary to kill Neely. And marines are assholes. That’s a well known fact.

by Anonymousreply 45May 12, 2023 3:03 AM

He shouldn't have choked this person to death. We also need the public to be protected from these unhinged and often violent and threatening people. Without the latter, there will be risk of the former when citizens take things into their own hands. Unfortunately, more often than not the people who are victimized by random violence (not just by the mentally ill or homeless) have it happen and nobody intervenes.

As for rioting, that needs to be nipped in the bud immediately. The actions of one individual against another are in play here. Stop blaming all of society when an incident like this happens. Given crime statistics, I don't think blacks would be too thrilled to have the crimes committed by some in their "community" conflated with all of their kind. But I guess we aren't allowed to talk about that, or point out the hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 46May 12, 2023 3:07 AM

Theee won’t be any major rioting over this. It would have already started.

by Anonymousreply 47May 12, 2023 3:09 AM

[quote]But I guess we aren't allowed to talk about that, or point out the hypocrisy.

Oh honey, you just did.

Now tell us more about their kind and their "community", Jethro.

by Anonymousreply 48May 12, 2023 3:16 AM

R47, don’t be so sure

by Anonymousreply 49May 12, 2023 3:27 AM

"We also need the public to be protected from these unhinged and often violent and threatening people."

In this case, the mentally ill person needed protecting from the Marine.

by Anonymousreply 50May 12, 2023 4:19 AM

And everyone else /was/ protected from the violent mentally ill person.

by Anonymousreply 51May 12, 2023 5:21 AM

Of course he shouldn’t have been choked to death but if you’ve ever lived in NYC, you encounter this type of person so often that wishing they would go poof and vanish becomes second nature for most.

They are scary and stink like shit and loud and occasionally dangerous and 95% have no prospect of ever functioning as part of the general public. And there’s more every day. Government inaction is putting more and more normal people into bad encounters with these people. Deaths like this will become more common.

Illegal immigrants are going to start getting killed, too, and will probably get a lot less protection and protest than homeless people though they’re generally far less disruptive. Wait for it.

It’s all bad.

by Anonymousreply 52May 12, 2023 9:11 AM

I love how the murder apologists tell us what these homeless people are like and how they smell, as if we are country mice who have never seen a public transportation before

by Anonymousreply 53May 12, 2023 9:14 AM

r38's attempt to prove a "rational basis" for lynchings and extrajudicial killings is pretty sick, even by DL standards.

As he's already been told, many of the black men convicted of crimes who were later lynched did not commit those crimes. No, the point is not ONLY that they were denied due process, but that they had not committed the crimes at all, or had committed crimes that did not merit the death penalty from either the government or regular citizens.

by Anonymousreply 54May 12, 2023 9:16 AM

[quote]Of course he shouldn’t have been choked to death but

Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 55May 12, 2023 9:16 AM

[quote]I don’t think Penny realized his own strength.

He knew, he didn't care. Someone right next to him was reminding him that once someone defecates while in a chokehold, you have to let them go, and Neely had already soiled himself. Still, Penny kept saying that Neely hadn't soiled himself, which honestly in the video sounds more like an excuse than ignorance. Either way, he was being reminded at the time that he could catch a homicide charge for this and he kept choking the guy out despite that, so clearly, there was intent here.

by Anonymousreply 56May 12, 2023 9:19 AM

R53 is screaming at shadows. I said he shouldn’t have been killed and prefaced my description of psychotic homeless with an indication that I was describing a common experience for NYC residents.

Further, I ended my comment with a sweeping condemnation.

Literally everything r53 wrote is bullshit. And don’t even try to claim you weren’t replying to me, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 57May 12, 2023 9:19 AM

This country needs to stop giving into mob rule. Round up these fucks who want to destroy the city! We all know BLM was a grift.

by Anonymousreply 58May 12, 2023 9:26 AM

Are they going to charge the other two, including the black guy that the media just so happen to choose not to show in a loop?

by Anonymousreply 59May 12, 2023 9:27 AM

[quote] [R40], I believe they will Reduce it down

Second-degree manslaughter is as 'down' as homicide gets.

by Anonymousreply 60May 12, 2023 10:48 AM

Didn't watch the film. How long after Neely stopped kicking and struggling did the marine keep choking him? Psychotics can have bursts of super-strength when stressed.

by Anonymousreply 61May 12, 2023 12:02 PM

R47 Ummm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62May 12, 2023 12:50 PM

Right-wing crowdfunding site has raised nearly $200,00 for Penny's defense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63May 12, 2023 12:55 PM

The jury will vote not guilty.

by Anonymousreply 64May 12, 2023 12:58 PM

Perhaps his defense will be that he watched too many Austin Wolf vids. He chokes thinks out pretty regularly. And I’m pretty sure most of DL would like to see both heads AND tails of this Penny!

by Anonymousreply 65May 12, 2023 1:06 PM

He should be held accountable. So should the mental health system of New York.

by Anonymousreply 66May 12, 2023 1:08 PM

Look activists are telling me constantly to treat them the homeless as people and not ignoring them so this guy not only doesn't ignore the screaming crazy person but also gives him death which is exactly what he kept asking for saying he wanted to die so I don't understand the problem.

by Anonymousreply 67May 12, 2023 1:08 PM

No need for the scare quotes — he killed the guy. You could use scare quotes around murder or manslaughter as these are crimes of which he has not yet been convicted.

by Anonymousreply 68May 12, 2023 1:10 PM

Penny turned himself in .

by Anonymousreply 69May 12, 2023 2:17 PM

Hope it was worth it.

by Anonymousreply 70May 12, 2023 2:25 PM

He will be acquitted. Has he had his arraignment yet?

by Anonymousreply 71May 12, 2023 2:36 PM

[quote] He will be acquitted. Has he had his arraignment yet?

I am curious to hear witness testimony. I think that will determine the outcome.

by Anonymousreply 72May 12, 2023 3:03 PM

[quote] He will be acquitted. Has he had his arraignment yet?

Didn’t we have a “he won’t be charged” thread yesterday too? 😂😂😂. Listen I know you want to will your nutso opinion into reality but I really think this guy is going to jail. Sorry tootz.

by Anonymousreply 73May 12, 2023 3:20 PM

If you look at all the comments OP has posted here you can tell he has an agenda R68.

by Anonymousreply 74May 12, 2023 3:26 PM

He was protecting an old woman, penny did what he thought was the right thing at the time. The crazy guy has charges against him for assulting Another old lady.

by Anonymousreply 75May 12, 2023 3:39 PM

Sadly, I disagree R73. A brief reminder that Bernie Goetz shot kids on the subway who demanded money and was acquitted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76May 12, 2023 3:39 PM

R76 girl that’s 40 years ago 🙄. Will this be a jury trial? He has absolutely no change of acquittal. I remember we had a lot of these same comments leading up to the GF verdict and that was so clear cut in retrospect.

by Anonymousreply 77May 12, 2023 4:13 PM

He should be a model when he gets out of jail.

by Anonymousreply 78May 12, 2023 4:14 PM

[quote] Manslaughter won’t fly with BLM. Strangulation usually requires a time to realize what you’re doing. Perfect weather in NYC, and very possibly other cities this weekend

That’s the thing, there weren’t a lot of protesters. The media blew it up, but even some reporters admitted that the rallies haven’t been well attended. I wouldn’t be surprised if charges are eventually dropped. He won’t be convicted anyway when the homeless guy had over prior 40 arrests and punched a 67 yr old woman in the face.

by Anonymousreply 79May 12, 2023 4:29 PM

Of course he didn’t intend to kill. Who wants all that paperwork?

by Anonymousreply 80May 12, 2023 4:31 PM

The legal defense fund is now up to nearly half a million dollars.

by Anonymousreply 81May 12, 2023 9:37 PM

Covid changed our brains.

It changed peoples' impulse control. Not the lockdown, not financial or social pressure.

The loss of taste and smell changed the brain.

by Anonymousreply 82May 12, 2023 9:52 PM

No one who looks like that will be found guilty

Thank you, crazy subway moon walking black corpse, for bringing this stud to our attention

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83May 12, 2023 10:22 PM

[quote] The legal defense fund is now up to nearly half a million dollars.

That’s so gross

by Anonymousreply 84May 12, 2023 11:26 PM

Everyone wants to support beauty and strength r84

by Anonymousreply 85May 12, 2023 11:35 PM

R84 is going to be more grossed out. In the two hours since I posted what was then current number ($498K), it has jumped $114K to $611K.

I suspect it will be over a million dollars by the time that we reach the morning.

by Anonymousreply 86May 13, 2023 12:13 AM

^ it’s going to be a million in way less time then morning. I give it a few more hours, as it’s already over $625,000.

by Anonymousreply 87May 13, 2023 12:23 AM

Heck, I'll contribute to the fund. Anything to help out a hot stud.

by Anonymousreply 88May 13, 2023 1:17 AM

Guess we're about to find out if you can buy an acquittal in NYS courts.

by Anonymousreply 89May 13, 2023 1:19 AM

Eric Adams came to speak at the CUNY law commencement, and...it didn't go well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90May 13, 2023 1:27 AM

This should and will be pleaded out. It's on no one's interest for this to go to trial.

by Anonymousreply 91May 13, 2023 1:27 AM

Am I the only one who thinks Mr. Penny may be gay?

I think it's that perm.

by Anonymousreply 92May 13, 2023 1:43 AM

Black and white panelists discuss the crime on subways & this case.

It really is terrible and people have been cowered into submission. These people target those who they think they can instill fear in like women and the elderly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93May 13, 2023 2:32 AM

What happened to “equity,” the concept of using different circumstances to treat people unequally to balance the scales?

The “equitable” outcome would result in Dan Penny not ever being charged, because of the person he killed and how he had been behaving.

by Anonymousreply 94May 13, 2023 3:37 AM

The scenes on the local news today have just been insane, like something Paddy Chayevsky would have written in the 70s.

The family's lawyer speechifying with a picture of Neely in a cap and gown in the background.

The guy had 40 PRIOR ARRESTS for offenses that were escalating. One of his last: He punched a 67-year-old woman in the face. She told media she thought he would be punished, but he skated. He said he didn't care if he killed people and went to jail.

Where was his devastated family then, when he was traumatizing people? They could have gotten multiple handouts from the city to care for him. Apparently, they weren't big enough for their tastes.

by Anonymousreply 95May 13, 2023 3:48 AM

Penny’s body is crazy.

by Anonymousreply 96May 13, 2023 3:49 AM

R95, he also briefly kidnapped a small child. I have no idea what the answer is here but it’s not valorizing an unmedicated, violent schizophrenic.

by Anonymousreply 97May 13, 2023 3:50 AM

R54 No.

Thomas Shipp and Abram Smith did commit murder. That’s how James Cameron survived his lynching.

First of all - I did point out in my original post that not all the lynched were guilty.

“No, the point is not ONLY that they were denied due process, but that they had not committed the crimes at all, or had committed crimes that did not merit the death penalty from either the government or regular citizens.”

Like George Floyd and Trayvon Martin. My fucking point. You’re basically saying “oh no back then it was all a fake witch hunt! Today is different!” It’s NOT.

Calling it “sick” is what’s exactly wrong with this country and George Floyd and Jordan Neely are dead.

Being a runaway slave was a CRIME too.

It’s not SICK to point out white people have ALWAYS found validity to murder black people, which is happening right now in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 98May 13, 2023 4:17 AM

R98, understanding why things come about does not equal arguing a justification. The majority of people in this thread think what happened was a crime and should be punished. It’s just not as hard to understand a crime as, I don’t know, punching an old woman or kidnapping a child.

by Anonymousreply 99May 13, 2023 4:21 AM

What does Travon Martin have to do with this? Martin was on top of Zimmerman violently slamming his head onto concrete. That presented a reasonable fear of imminent death or serious bodily injury which justifies the use of lethal force to prevent such death or injury.

If anyone has a gun or plans to get one, then please avail yourself of instruction on the law of self-defense. And never, ever talk to the police about what happened if you ever have to act in self-defense until you talk with your lawyer. And your lawyer will tell you to say nothing.

by Anonymousreply 100May 13, 2023 4:23 AM

40 prior arrests.

Punching an old woman in the face.

Saying he didn't care if he killed someone and went to jail in a confined subway car, in a city where bystanders are being stabbed, shot, and slashed to death on a near-weekly basis.

by Anonymousreply 101May 13, 2023 4:24 AM

R100 You proved my point.

Trayvon Martin was walking home and George Zimmerman instigated a fight with him because he was “suspicious looking”, which got Martin murdered.

You say the same exact bullshit white people said in the past to lynch and murder black people.

by Anonymousreply 102May 13, 2023 4:28 AM

And R54, I’m not trying to prove “rational basis”, I’m proving that white people have always found a “rational basis” to murder black people.

Which as I said in R98 and as you can see in R100, is still happening today in 2023.

by Anonymousreply 103May 13, 2023 4:42 AM

It's a mercy killing really. What future did this crazy guy have at the end of the day?

by Anonymousreply 104May 13, 2023 4:42 AM

R96, his torso is way way too long.

I prefer men with broad shoulders, bigger pecs, and a V-shaped body, like 90's Arnold Schwarzenegger.

by Anonymousreply 105May 13, 2023 4:58 AM

R102, R103, R104, you are taking this too far, beyond the specifics of this situation. This was not George Floyd. This was not Trayvon.

Jesus! Why is everyone so eager to flatten all black people into one type? Isn't that the antithesis of the movement?

This was a person who was threatening people in the enclosed space of the subway, who said he didn't care if he died or went to jail.

In a city where there have been multiple stabbings, slashing, and shootings in the subway in recent months.

He was not just strolling around or hanging out, minding his own business. He was menacing people who had good reason to believe he might have a knife or gun.

by Anonymousreply 106May 13, 2023 5:06 AM

[quote] It's a mercy killing really. What future did this crazy guy have at the end of the day?

This is sad, but true. He was homeless, schizophrenic, had no family help and most likely drug issues. He was probably going to get more and more violent and eventually kill someone. I love how his ‘friends’ said he was never violent and a sweetheart. Obviously they missed the memo about how many times he was arrested for violent crimes.

I was once on a packed train during rush hour morning when a guy like this got on. He was ranting about Whites and Jews. A Jewish kid was holding a paper in his hands and he slapped it down and got in his face. He walked through the packed car cursing while everyone was just silent. It was honestly one of the most terrifying experiences of my life because you are basically trapped with a nut job that is capable of anything. It’s survival if the fittest and this planet is better off having a Daniel Penny on it than a Jordan Neely.

by Anonymousreply 107May 13, 2023 5:27 AM

[quote] So should the mental health system of New York.

You mean the New York corrections facility.

by Anonymousreply 108May 13, 2023 5:29 AM

R101, don’t forget him calling people faggots and harassing them.

by Anonymousreply 109May 13, 2023 5:30 AM

[quote] Being a runaway slave was a CRIME too.

Oh, god, the gender studies graduate is with us.

by Anonymousreply 110May 13, 2023 5:31 AM

[quote] Trayvon Martin was walking home and George Zimmerman instigated a fight with him because he was “suspicious looking”,

That is not what the evidence at trial reflected. Zimmerman never approached Martin. it was Martin who circled Zimmerman's car while he was still inside. It was Martin who stayed at the top of the T and hid behind a building waiting for Zimmerman. And it was Martin who came out from behind the building and approached Zimmerman on the path and physically assaulted Martin. That is what led to his death.

I'm sure you can find the trial transcripts online. A number of witnesses corroborated Zimmerman's narrative at various points along the narrative and testified at trial.

by Anonymousreply 111May 13, 2023 5:32 AM

[quote] Being a runaway slave was a CRIME too.

Oh, god, the troll with a degree in gender studies is with us.

by Anonymousreply 112May 13, 2023 5:32 AM

[quote] Look activists are telling me constantly to treat them the homeless as people

Unhoused people, bigot!

by Anonymousreply 113May 13, 2023 5:34 AM

It's "People who are experiencing homelessness," R113, you pig. Kill yourself immediately.

by Anonymousreply 114May 13, 2023 5:37 AM

[quote] Penny’s body is crazy.

I actually was taken aback by his perp walk. He was rocking that suit.

He is going to go onto bigger things because of this incident.

by Anonymousreply 115May 13, 2023 5:37 AM

I don’t see how anyone who has ever ridden the subway in NYC can possibly find Penny guilty. Incidents like the one R107 witnessed happen multiple times a day. Neely obviously appeared to be on the verge of hurting/killing multiple people in the car. There’s a very clear reason why people stepped in to help Penny but not Neely. These rallies etc are preposterous, and Neely shouldn’t even be mentioned in the same breath as George Floyd or Trayvon Martin.

by Anonymousreply 116May 13, 2023 5:59 AM

The lesson to be learned from all this is that it doesn't pay to be a good Samaritan anymore. It's way too risky. If you see a black man acting crazy or assaulting someone, just turn a blind eye and walk on pay. This guy has everything to lose. Whatever the drama is, stay out of it. Unfortunately, people have to fend for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 117May 13, 2023 6:04 AM

If someone is acting crazy like the dead guy was, just act crazier.and nutter. Maybe that will.make them go, woah!

by Anonymousreply 118May 13, 2023 6:06 AM

[quote] There are 1000's of Jordan Neely's on the NYC subway.

I read this at first to say, "There are 1000's of Neely O'Hara;s on the NYC subway."

by Anonymousreply 119May 13, 2023 6:14 AM

[quote] I don’t see how anyone who has ever ridden the subway in NYC can possibly find Penny guilty.

Yes indeed, R116. All that Penny needs is one person on the jury who realizes this and isn’t going to be cowed and pressured into convicting Daniel. That’s it. And I wouldn’t be surprised if there may be several people on the jury who will come to a similar conclusion.

Oh, and the legal defense fund is now over $825K.

by Anonymousreply 120May 13, 2023 12:16 PM

When crazies collide

by Anonymousreply 121May 13, 2023 1:09 PM

I read that he can choose to be tried by the bench and not a jury. That might be an option. If it is trial by jury, they better vet them well. Get Wall Streeters, not trust fund babies living off their parents or college students.

by Anonymousreply 122May 13, 2023 2:14 PM

R120 - Honey, my cousin's non-refundable retainer for criminal cases is $5,000,000. That $825k isn't going to go very far.

by Anonymousreply 123May 13, 2023 2:22 PM

Neely should not have been threatening people in the subway. But Penny was wrong for killing him.

by Anonymousreply 124May 13, 2023 2:25 PM

[quote] Honey, my cousin's non-refundable retainer for criminal cases is $5,000,000. That $825k isn't going to go very far.

Well, honey, it’s only been up for a day and it has already reached $1 million bucks. Two hundred thousand in the last four hours. I suspect that he’ll be fine — even without your Cousin Vinny representing him.

by Anonymousreply 125May 13, 2023 4:35 PM

All the defense will have to do is have Penny bare his saucer-sized aureoles and washboard abs to a jury to be let off.

by Anonymousreply 126May 13, 2023 5:59 PM

The only reasons he was charged was because of professional protesters and politicians calling for it and Bragg, who only charges some people. When that store owner stabbed and killed the man who attacked him, he was charged too. It wasn’t until public outcry that they dropped the charges. Most people didn’t think Penny would be charged, but I knew he would because of the factors I mentioned. Meanwhile, how many murderers who have been released from jail are walking the streets to recommit crimes? I hope this guy walks and gets $$$, not because I think he was totally in the right, but because of all the bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 127May 13, 2023 6:04 PM

The media narrative is now that Neely was a poor performance artist down on his luck. Evidently, journalists are unfamiliar with the concept of "unmedicated schizophrenics in crisis". For fuck's sake.

by Anonymousreply 128May 13, 2023 6:48 PM

[quote] I read that he can choose to be tried by the bench and not a jury.

In NY it just takes the approval of the judge. In my jurisdiction - DC - it also requires the approval of the prosecutor as it does in federal courts. Very few states give a defendant the unilateral right to waive his constitutional right to a jury trial.

I honestly don't know what the best option is here for Penny. This would be a very tough decision. NY State judges are elected.

by Anonymousreply 129May 13, 2023 7:00 PM

Regardless of how you feel, OP, he did actually KILL him, you moron. The question is intent, but there's no denying the man is dead and Penny is his killer.

by Anonymousreply 130May 13, 2023 7:03 PM

Daniel Penny saved us all r130

The fact that he killed that psycho is incidental

by Anonymousreply 131May 13, 2023 7:12 PM

R131, I'm not going to celebrate the death of someone like him who had a very tragic life.

by Anonymousreply 132May 13, 2023 7:14 PM

R132 the 67 year old woman and the 7 year old girl who Neely assaulted are celebrating.

Your feelings are irrelevant because you are not the many victims of Neely’s reign of terror.

by Anonymousreply 133May 13, 2023 7:19 PM

R125 - GoFundMe will be switching this off within the next day or two and refunding all donations- they did the same thing with Rittenhouse.

by Anonymousreply 134May 13, 2023 7:30 PM

[quote] GoFundMe will be switching this off within the next day or two and refunding all donations

Well R134, it is quite fortunate for Daniel that his lawyers didn’t use GoFundMe. They selected GiveSendGo, and that site is not likely to shut this down or return the donations. They’re odious because they cater to the religious nutjobs and reich-wingers like J6 MAGAts. But as far as Penny is concerned, it was a smart move.

by Anonymousreply 135May 13, 2023 7:42 PM

R134 Daniel Penny’s fund raiser is not on GoFundMe site, moron.

by Anonymousreply 136May 13, 2023 7:43 PM

[quote]Honey, my cousin's non-refundable retainer for criminal cases is $5,000,000.

Your cousin didn't do a very good job defending El Chapo.

by Anonymousreply 137May 13, 2023 7:43 PM

R137 - That wasn't him.

by Anonymousreply 138May 13, 2023 7:47 PM

The people defending Penny on here are all just angry, pathetic, peasant losers.

by Anonymousreply 139May 13, 2023 7:50 PM

MARY ^

by Anonymousreply 140May 13, 2023 8:01 PM

Peasants? Not like that Klassy Neely family. They've already spent their imaginary proceeds on Cristal and plan on naming the next niece Jordan Cristal in loving memory.

by Anonymousreply 141May 13, 2023 8:16 PM

R133, you do realize there can be something between outright celebrating and being devastated. He had a shit life with no support from the "family" who are now going to use him for profit. I feel sorry for the life he had and wished we had a system that could've helped him. No one should "celebrate" someone who already had a shit life having it end in tragedy.

You know the irony? The very people who tend to defend Penny worship Trump. A man who violently attacked countless women and he, unlike Neely, was given every advantage in life and still grew up to be a monster who rapes and attacks women. He's also stolen money and engaged in other criminal activity, and yet millions feel he's suitable to become president. Jesus fucking Christ, the absolute lack of introspection with people when it comes to their glaring hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 142May 13, 2023 9:10 PM

[quote] I actually was taken aback by his perp walk. He was rocking that suit.

You’re such a loser

by Anonymousreply 143May 13, 2023 9:11 PM

R142 LOL

You are hilarious

How old are you r142?

by Anonymousreply 144May 13, 2023 10:20 PM

R144, are we talking maturity or actual age, because giving a "LOL" response considering the subject, would make me much older than you when it comes to the former. What a fucked up, underdeveloped idiot you are.

by Anonymousreply 145May 13, 2023 10:29 PM

And I see your other responses in this thread confirm that you're a complete loser. Jesus Christ, you're a damaged motherfucker, R144.

by Anonymousreply 146May 13, 2023 10:32 PM

Lol ^

Such anger for an old man

by Anonymousreply 147May 13, 2023 10:36 PM

Oh the irony of an uncaring family who obviously allowed Jordan Neely to run amok for years, these same people will undoubtedly now all come out of the woodwork to profit financially from his death. They suddenly have money to hire lawyers? But couldn't help this man while he was alive and in dire need of a serious intervention?

This would not be the first time this has happened. The angry speeches, the public crying from family members, all to garner millions from a person they abandoned when he needed them. Typical behavior from people who seem to have no other legit way to make money. Where the fuck was his remaining parent, his father?

None of these uncaring absent families should profit from a family members death in this way.

by Anonymousreply 148May 14, 2023 12:36 AM

After a brief choke hold, Penny, could have simply tried to hold Neely's arms behind his back, not kept him in a choke hold for all those minutes.

by Anonymousreply 149May 14, 2023 12:37 AM

R149 someone in a mental state like Neely’s has brute strength- anything less than the restraint he was given would probably have resulted in him breaking loose with even more vengeance.

by Anonymousreply 150May 14, 2023 1:35 AM

Lots of sad Magats on this thread

by Anonymousreply 151May 14, 2023 3:43 AM

Bump And go Daniel !

by Anonymousreply 152May 14, 2023 4:19 AM

R142, your TDS is terminal and your life is officially no longer worth living: You are entirely consumed by the thing you hate.

Rehome your cats, cancel your MSNBC 360 package, and book the flight to Switzerland. It’s time.

by Anonymousreply 153May 14, 2023 5:01 AM

R127 so you don't really mind if murderers are walking the streets just as long as it is a murderer you approve of? A thorough investigation should be done and/or people should be charged when they kill other people deliberately. Yes, I can see a case for self-defense, but isn't there also the question of the amount and kind of force that was used. It can be a heat of the moment defense, but the idea that that was the best possible action in the moment has to be justified since it ended in death. And if other passengers were involved in helping him ( I haven't watched the whole video) then the other issue becomes the minute Neely is on the ground, outnumbered with the Marine wrapped around him there's a moment when the balance shifted as to whose life was in danger.

The guy may be acquitted, but I don't see anything wrong with having a trial if that is what's necessary to establish the timeline of why it ended the way it did.

by Anonymousreply 154May 14, 2023 5:54 AM

It all depends on how long he restrained him after he stopped resisting. If it was a length of time after Neely went limp or if he suddenly died just after he stopped resisting.

by Anonymousreply 155May 14, 2023 5:56 AM

You do not have a trial just because. Unless he is convinced there is evidence beyond a reasonable doubt to convict, then the prosecutor has an ethical obligation NOT to bring it to trial. If there is reason to believe this is a legitimate self-defense claim or defense of others claim -which would be exculpatory, then that is reasonable doubt right there and therefore you do not charge.

Trying someone, even just indicting them can destroy a person. It is not to be taken lightly and left in the hands of a jury whose actions you can never predict.

This is a politically motivated prosecution. Pure and simple.

by Anonymousreply 156May 14, 2023 6:23 AM

He fucking choked a man to death, I don’t care if his fee-fees are hurt by having to go to court

by Anonymousreply 157May 14, 2023 6:25 AM

From the now closed thread at 299 Replies. WTF

[quote]That's utterly ridiculous. I don't want to live in a country that thinks it's OK to kill someone because of verbal threats. Words are words.

Facts: I'm going to kill you right now with my bare hands. And I don't care if I go to jail for life. You will be dead.

Query: Do you get to use lethal force to prevent that from happening?

Answer: Yes.

by Anonymousreply 158May 14, 2023 6:29 AM

Lucky for you, R158, because Neely didn't say any of that.

by Anonymousreply 159May 14, 2023 6:45 AM

Penny supporters are full of imagined scenarios

by Anonymousreply 160May 14, 2023 6:49 AM

We're policing our own streets:

There's one group to blame.

by Anonymousreply 161May 14, 2023 12:15 PM

R111 That’s not what happened.

There’s an entire 911 call that proves your story false.

by Anonymousreply 162May 14, 2023 12:28 PM

I WOULD HAVE GIVEN HIM MY BEATING HEART. MY. BEATING. HEART. (does three neck rolls then takes sip of water).

by Anonymousreply 163May 14, 2023 1:14 PM

Penny should do some prison time…he’s got to be held accountable for something.

by Anonymousreply 164May 14, 2023 2:42 PM

I woulda said to Neely aGet OUTTA HERE

by Anonymousreply 165May 14, 2023 5:56 PM

When is the trial starting?

by Anonymousreply 166May 14, 2023 6:00 PM

The trial is many months away. His next court appearance isn’t until July 17. I would anticipate a trial in the fall or winter.

by Anonymousreply 167May 14, 2023 6:05 PM

A bit OT, whatever happened to the Long Guyland Cesspool Princess, the one who shoved the old lady vocal coach and killed her?

by Anonymousreply 168May 14, 2023 6:45 PM

His grifting family have got their GoFundMe going for $100K. Nothing like ignoring your nutjob relative the whole of his life and then cleaning up after his death.

by Anonymousreply 169May 14, 2023 6:47 PM

R169 how much is the killer’s fund at now?

by Anonymousreply 170May 15, 2023 12:38 AM

As of a minute ago, it’s up to $ 1,868,467.

by Anonymousreply 171May 15, 2023 12:47 AM

Let's make it 2 million, Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 172May 15, 2023 1:38 AM

R167, or he could plead lesser charge and 🔥 time

by Anonymousreply 173May 15, 2023 2:05 AM

I suspect that he’ll hit the $2 million dollar mark tomorrow. That money has been raised by over 40,000 individual donors.

by Anonymousreply 174May 15, 2023 2:11 AM

When is the campaign going to start to get GoFundMe to cancel the fundraising for Penny?

by Anonymousreply 175May 15, 2023 2:14 AM

It’s not through GoFundMe.

by Anonymousreply 176May 15, 2023 2:15 AM

R174 well, no one ever claimed the racist shitheads didn’t have the numbers

by Anonymousreply 177May 15, 2023 2:27 AM

[quote] or he could plead lesser charge and 🔥 time

True. A decision that he and his lawyers should make after obtaining and reviewing all the cell phone videos that are available, along with the witness statements from the passengers on that train. And then it will depend on what the DA is willing to agree to. Alvin Bragg is already under pressure from the family and some of the public for charging Penny with second-degree manslaughter instead of murder. So he may be hesitant to allow Penny to plead to lesser charges. Though public pressure should not dictate charging decisions.

Regardless of what the family wants, second-degree manslaughter was likely the correct charge because they probably don’t have enough evidence to justify bringing murder charges. If the defense counsel and Penny are willing to deal, the DA’s office has to decide whether a plea is the best they can hope for.

The 15-minute chokehold alone is very troubling, which is why they’ve been outlawed for police in a lot of jurisdictions. However, the prosecutors have to weigh that relatively strong evidence against the very real possibility of jury sympathy for Penny, the chokehold notwithstanding. Aside from this incident, Penny doesn’t seem to have any other negatives in his background. So there may be nothing to stop him from getting on the stand and apologizing with the hope that the jury buys it.

by Anonymousreply 178May 15, 2023 2:43 AM

I think Penny is a great man

by Anonymousreply 179May 15, 2023 3:06 AM

A lawyer will tell you that if he pleads guilty even to a misdemeanor, that will be enough to sue him into non-existence. The fund raising will evaporate into that. There is a bottomless pile of precedence for that. All of these people here, none of you have a friend/business associate you can ask their opinion of what is likely to happen?

by Anonymousreply 180May 15, 2023 5:18 AM

The legal defense fund is now over $2 million dollars.

by Anonymousreply 181May 15, 2023 1:55 PM

Beautiful 👆🏼 and will keep growing

by Anonymousreply 182May 15, 2023 2:06 PM

I find it interesting this instantly became a race issue because Neely was black and Penny is white. Would people be up in arms if Neely had been white? I'm sure Penny would have acted in the exact same manner had the man on the train been white. How does race play into this?

by Anonymousreply 183May 15, 2023 4:21 PM

It's only because Neely is black. Since George Floyd, ambulance chasers and professional protestors need a victim. Neely's family who ignored him are cleaning up with a GoFundMe.

In Dallas, a black guy murdered his Latina girlfriend because she went out of state to have an abortion. The woman had 3 little kids. NOT A WORD. Black guys can only be victims for the media, never villains.

by Anonymousreply 184May 15, 2023 4:31 PM

Not a word^. A little media attention, but it’s over now.

by Anonymousreply 185May 15, 2023 4:35 PM

[quote]Would people be up in arms if Neely had been white?

No. The ultrawoke residents of Antifaville celebrate the death of all white people. It is our Lord George Soros' way.

Next stupid question?

by Anonymousreply 186May 15, 2023 4:41 PM

No r186, we just hope that people like YOU die soon. And painfully.

by Anonymousreply 187May 15, 2023 5:58 PM

[quote]No [R186], we just hope that people like YOU die soon. And painfully.

Back at ya, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 188May 15, 2023 6:16 PM

[quote] The 15-minute chokehold alone is very troubling

There was obviously not a 15 minute "chokehold". Just the fact that you can say a "chokehold" was going on for 15 mins tells you it wasn't a chokehold all that time. In fact, we don't even know if or when a chokehold was administered. You can't really tell from the video. He is still moving around for most of the time he was restrained from the video and according to witnesses. Approx 20 seconds after he stopped moving he was released and then Penny put him in a recovery position.

Penny is going to need every penny of the $2 million and probably more. The Zimmerman defense was $1.6 million and that was 10 years ago NOT in NYC. Lawyers alone in NYC would be about $800-900 per hour. Jury consultants alone can cost $100k and now there is so much research that needs to be done on potential jurors so that could double. Plus you will probably want the jury consultant to attend the trial - even more $$. Various experts will be needed and they are never cheap. Some of them will also be needed to attend part of the trial to see the government expert witness testimony.

by Anonymousreply 189May 15, 2023 11:36 PM

R189 - In NYC top quality counsel is at least $2k and up. I know one guy who whacked a client for $4k for less than 15 minutes, although that was in London.

by Anonymousreply 190May 16, 2023 2:57 AM

R190, wow! Criminal lawyers often charge less especially for this type of crime as opposed to white collar crime. Most everyday defendants just don't have the big bucks. And that is how they determine their rates - what the market will bear.

Even though they are raising money, the lead attorney Kenniff was in the service and may be more than willing to charge less for Penny.

by Anonymousreply 191May 16, 2023 5:25 AM

The defense fund will keep growing, though likely at a slower rate than it has for the initial few days. It’s at $2,386,407, and will probably hit $3 million later this week.

by Anonymousreply 192May 16, 2023 7:22 AM

A good defense lawyer will reduce his or her rate to get this case. It’s incredible exposure.

by Anonymousreply 193May 16, 2023 7:36 AM

R193- A top-drawer attorney won’t take the case as 1) he already knows there is going to be a guilty verdict and consequently doesn’t want to lower his win/lose ratio and 2) he doesn’t need any more publicity than he already has. I’m not pulling this out of my ass, it was told to me by one of those guys (who regularly turns down this kind of stuff).

I was also told he can save a lot of money by hiring some schlump who can negotiate as short a jail term as possible. Obviously Penny won’t take this kind of advice, along with all the other schmucks posting here, which is why we read about this kind of thing in the paper more and more.

by Anonymousreply 194May 16, 2023 1:37 PM

I hope you realize his defense attorneys started this fund and all proceeds go to them. Penny won't see, well, a penny.

by Anonymousreply 195May 16, 2023 3:21 PM

The lawyers were upfront about the use of the funds:

[quote] Funds are being raised to pay Mr. Penny’s legal fees incurred from any criminal charges filed and any future civil lawsuits that may arise, as well as expenses related to his defense. All contributions are greatly appreciated. [bold] Any proceeds collected [that] exceed those necessary to cover Mr. Penny’s legal defense will be donated to a mental health advocacy program in New York City. [/bold]

It’s not as if they were ambiguous about the distribution. They never said that Penny would receive any of the money.

by Anonymousreply 196May 16, 2023 3:44 PM

I don’t think that killing him was necessary. Overkill, no pun intended.

by Anonymousreply 197May 16, 2023 4:24 PM

How long till a verdict ? You know major riots if Penny is acquitted. This will only help Trump

by Anonymousreply 198May 16, 2023 4:28 PM

[quote] The lawyers were upfront about the use of the funds

😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 199May 16, 2023 4:40 PM

[quote] There was obviously not a 15 minute "chokehold". Just the fact that you can say a "chokehold" was going on for 15 mins tells you it wasn't a chokehold all that time. In fact, we don't even know if or when a chokehold was administered. You can't really tell from the video.

A witness said it went on for 15 minutes. People aren't just making it up out of thin air, moron R189.

by Anonymousreply 200May 16, 2023 6:57 PM

There was a video clip up on Twitter of Neely confronting and attempting to assault some gay men, shrieking homophobic insults. He can rot in hell.

by Anonymousreply 201May 16, 2023 7:34 PM

These comments were posted over the weekend on the legal defense fundraising page. Both individuals claimed to have had encounters with Jordan Neely.

[quote] The city’s government failed 2 individuals. The day before this incident i was on the L train when the deceased randomly started punching a young individual. People ran car to car. The whole train was evacuated on 2nd Avenue. I left and then came back 30 min later to see the guy who got punched standing there with a bloodied face waiting to give a report. I don’t know if he ever did. Systemic failures.

[quote] I’m a Democrat and NOT Christian but I live in NYC and had scary encounters with Jordan Neely. Danny didn’t deserve to be arrested.

Interesting, but unlikely that Daniel Penny knew about these incidents.

by Anonymousreply 202May 16, 2023 8:27 PM

Even if these stories are true, the guy who got punched in the face is the only one who could rightfully kill him.

No one has the legal right to kill someone else just because they're "scary". There has to be imminent/immediate threat of harm.

These people cheering for Neely's killing is just as fucked up in the head as Neely.

by Anonymousreply 203May 16, 2023 8:40 PM

R203 and sometimes people get killed because the person who kills them feared for their lives and didn't realize their own strength. I can think of plenty of murder victims who deserve sympathy. Neely was a timebomb. I'm surprised the bomb didn't go off sooner.

by Anonymousreply 204May 16, 2023 8:55 PM

[quote] sometimes people get killed because the person who kills them feared for their lives and didn't realize their own strength.

The marine didn't even fear for his life, he took action as a vigilante.

Additionally, fearing for one's life isn't enough, there has to be imminent/immediate threat of harm. That's the law, whether you like it or not.

by Anonymousreply 205May 17, 2023 2:19 AM

[quote] Even if these stories are true, the guy who got punched in the face is the only one who could rightfully kill him.

No. The law of self-defense also includes the "defense of others."

Neely was threatening people with physical harm or worse and that would have placed everyone in his vicinity at risk and in reasonable fear of imminent serious bodily harm or death. If someone says they are going to attack you or intimate they will kill you that IS a threat of imminent death OR serious bodily harm. You do not have to wait until you are harmed or a weapon is shown. As everyone should know you don't need a weapon of any kind to kill someone or seriously injure them. Ask the elderly woman who Neely punched in the face breaking her nose and orbital socket. And the woman he threw toward a train.

by Anonymousreply 206May 17, 2023 2:35 AM

R206 A lot of assumption on your part. I never said self-defense didn't include defense of others. Also, I never said you have to wait til you are harmed or weapon is shown. My post was based on the 2 stories in R202 and this case here only.

And so far, in this case, there's no evidence that there was an immediate threat of bodily harm or death to anyone specifically.

You claim "if someone says they are going to attack you or intimate they will kill you that IS a threat of imminent death OR serious bodily harm". Absolutely true, but that's not the case here...so I don't know why you'd make up facts. A witness says he said "I would kill a motherfucker. I don’t care. I’ll take a bullet. I’ll go to jail." That's not directed at anyone specifically to qualify as an immediate threat.

by Anonymousreply 207May 17, 2023 2:55 AM

[quote] A witness says he said "I would kill a motherfucker. I don’t care. I’ll take a bullet. I’ll go to jail." That's not directed at anyone specifically to qualify as an immediate threat.

I’m not R206, but you’re presuming, on the basis of this sole witness, that Neely’s words were not directed at any particular person or that no one in his immediate vicinity — they were on a crowded subway car — felt that they were in fear of imminent bodily harm. We simply don’t have enough facts to make that assumption.

by Anonymousreply 208May 17, 2023 3:54 AM

R208 That's what the phrase [bold] And so far [/bold] means. Do you need to re-read my post?

by Anonymousreply 209May 17, 2023 3:59 AM

OP why is the word "killer" in quotes? Is there some question as to the continued deadness of Mr. Neely?

He was killed. We all know who the killer is. The question is whether this killing was justified or not. I say it wasn't and think that the killer went too far. That's just my personal opinion.

It has no bearing on the fact that Mr Neely was in fact killed and is still dead.

by Anonymousreply 210May 17, 2023 4:04 AM

R210 you’re posting like the majority here don’t think he was exterminated. Your humanity stands out like a sore thumb

by Anonymousreply 211May 17, 2023 6:11 AM

I am currently sitting on a New York criminal grand jury for 10 days and we were told that we will not be receiving this case. They said it’s going to take at least several weeks for the gathering of evidence and the presentation of witnesses. So no indictment for the marine soon.

by Anonymousreply 212May 17, 2023 8:26 AM

I really he gets off . Karma got Neely

by Anonymousreply 213May 17, 2023 2:17 PM

So many murders going on in this country and all you hear about is this one and the shoplifter at Walgreen's. It's like homeless nutjobs have now been elevated to Holy Fool status. Then again, their loving families - who couldn't be bothered to feed or house them when they were alive - ran straight to ambulance chasers to make a killing off their killing. You've gotta admire how shameless they are.

And neither has hired Ben Crump?? Poor old Ben thought he was gonna make millions off Ed Sheeran. Somebody give Ben a job.

by Anonymousreply 214May 17, 2023 2:28 PM

🇺🇸 Penny is a HERO who deserves better than this.

🏅 The brave Marine deserves a medal.

by Anonymousreply 215May 17, 2023 3:21 PM

Penny should do jail time. What is the max he can get?

by Anonymousreply 216May 17, 2023 9:45 PM

Has he been investigated for roid rage?

by Anonymousreply 217May 19, 2023 6:44 AM

𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐔𝐧𝐜𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐡 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐬

Christopher Neely, the uncle of the man killed during a subway confrontation earlier this month, was arrested again Wednesday morning just before he was scheduled to appear in court on a myriad of grand larceny charges.

Neely, 44, was busted for allegedly stealing one wallet last August, another wallet in April and a $15,000 purse off the back of a chair at a lower Manhattan restaurant on May 18, cops said.

He was charged with three counts of grand larceny — on top of the 12 counts of grand larceny that he was already facing for his alleged crimes.

This was the second time in two weeks cops slipped the bracelets on Neely, who has acted as the family spokesman since his nephew, Jordan, was put in a fatal chokehold by former Marine Daniel Penny after an outburst on a Manhattan F Train on May 1.

Cops first picked Neely up on May 22 near the Port Authority Bus Terminal for allegedly snatching purses from restaurants and using the stolen credit cards at stores throughout Manhattan.

Prosecutors sought to hold Neely on $10,000 bail because he’d been on probation for a 2019 grand larceny case when arrested — and he had a warrant out for violating it.

𝐵𝑢𝑡 𝑎 𝑗𝑢𝑑𝑔𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒𝑑 𝑁𝑒𝑒𝑙𝑦 𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑢𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑣𝑖𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑎𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟 ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑝𝑢𝑏𝑙𝑖𝑐 𝑑𝑒𝑓𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟, 𝐺𝑢𝑟𝑚𝑒𝑒𝑡 𝑆𝑖𝑛𝑔ℎ, 𝑎𝑟𝑔𝑢𝑒𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐽𝑜𝑟𝑑𝑎𝑛’𝑠 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑡ℎ ℎ𝑎𝑑 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒𝑛 𝑎 𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑟𝑖𝑏𝑙𝑒 𝑡𝑜𝑙𝑙 𝑜𝑛 ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑓𝑎𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑦.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218June 1, 2023 1:46 AM

[quote]A lawyer will tell you that if he pleads guilty even to a misdemeanor, that will be enough to sue him into non-existence.

Sue for what? Legal fees?

There were no financial ramifications.

by Anonymousreply 219June 1, 2023 3:25 AM

Feelings*

by Anonymousreply 220June 1, 2023 3:26 AM

Equity

by Anonymousreply 221June 1, 2023 3:54 AM

Interesting, a Marine Corps Sergeant who donated money towards Neely noted that Neely was not using a chokehold, but rather a headlock.

[quote] PS - it was a headlock not a choke hold. Chin in the crook of the elbow. Only takes seconds to via "choke hold" not 15 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 222June 1, 2023 6:21 PM

There seems to be a criminal gene in the Neely family . No way should they benefit from this sad and unfortunate incident .

by Anonymousreply 223June 1, 2023 6:28 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 224June 4, 2023 12:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!