Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

All Hail the Queen

With all the chaos in the world Queen Bey offers a release.

The greatest live performer of all time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183May 25, 2023 6:29 PM

*Crickets*

by Anonymousreply 1May 11, 2023 3:24 AM

Queen of STANK!

by Anonymousreply 2May 11, 2023 3:48 AM

How much Ambien has she taken in that picture?

Zzz đŸ„±

by Anonymousreply 3May 11, 2023 4:56 AM

^^^^^^^^^

😂

by Anonymousreply 4May 11, 2023 5:02 AM

Not a huge fan but I have to say she does look gorgeous, and keeping her body in great shape. Her outfits and the set designs are striking.

by Anonymousreply 5May 11, 2023 5:07 AM

R3 It must be laced with cocaine. Because how one could take ambien and then perform like pop music’s Superwoman is beyond me. Do you know what ambien is? And the cole reference just a joke because Queen Bey has never dabbled in narcotics let alone any hardcore drugs.

by Anonymousreply 6May 11, 2023 5:15 AM

She's the Queen Of Weave.

by Anonymousreply 7May 11, 2023 5:30 AM

R7 That be true. However Bey sells it like no other. I used to joke when I saw Queen Bey that somewhere in India was a desperate bald woman. Who but Bey?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 11, 2023 5:33 AM

R2 Shut yo stankin ass up. How about that. Kelly would never.

by Anonymousreply 9May 11, 2023 5:36 AM

She is an exceptional entertainer. No one comes close to Madonna as a performer on stage but Beyoncé is dangerously close to her level. Not there yet but close.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 11, 2023 1:00 PM

All that beauty and money and she still cant keep Jay-Z from cheating on her

by Anonymousreply 11May 11, 2023 1:25 PM

R10 Bahahahahahaha. Bahahahahha

Madge could never do a 4 part harmony, going up an octave 4 consecutive hooks in a row.

by Anonymousreply 12May 11, 2023 1:25 PM

That song at #10 isn't hummable or catchy. I can't understand what she's saying. Her solo voice has an irritating, trumpety sound.

I think it all begins with the song. And since Destiny's Child, she really hasn't had any.

by Anonymousreply 13May 11, 2023 3:19 PM

She uppity!

by Anonymousreply 14May 11, 2023 10:42 PM

R13 yousa dumb ass tone deaf unartistic bitch.

by Anonymousreply 15May 12, 2023 2:58 AM

R11 How misogynistic. Pussy is pussy to straight men. Hell my partner cheated on me. Looks and wealth have nothing to do with being cheated on you 6th grader.

by Anonymousreply 16May 12, 2023 2:58 AM

She looks fabulous!

by Anonymousreply 17May 12, 2023 3:23 AM

Ever? Tina Turner might have something to say about that.

by Anonymousreply 18May 12, 2023 3:28 AM

She'll never be on Ni'jah's level.

by Anonymousreply 19May 12, 2023 11:24 AM

I think this looks amazing and she did the Heated rap perfectly. Would love to see this live.

by Anonymousreply 20May 12, 2023 12:25 PM

She looks more like a man every day.

by Anonymousreply 21May 12, 2023 12:43 PM

[quote] The greatest live performer of all time.

FUCK. NO.

by Anonymousreply 22May 12, 2023 12:52 PM

p.r.o.d.u.c.t.I.o.n. That’s what I see. Ditto Madonna in her prime except that Madonna did great pop music. I wouldn’t pay $10 to see either, but I love my Madonna cd’s.

by Anonymousreply 23May 12, 2023 12:55 PM

Shout Shout SHOUT

by Anonymousreply 24May 12, 2023 1:00 PM

“The greatest live performer of all time.“

OP has lost they/them’s yassss kween mind.

Beyoncé could never, she lacks authenticity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 12, 2023 1:39 PM

She’s like a vacant babydoll. She simply wants to be idolized, to absorb the audience’s energy and give nothing back. She’s a fraud.

by Anonymousreply 26May 12, 2023 1:41 PM

Queen Bey is the realest black mainstream chica ever. She didn’t look down on her race and put on a fake British accent. Love Tina tho.

by Anonymousreply 27May 12, 2023 1:46 PM

R26, are you retarded?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 12, 2023 1:48 PM

Tina Turner is better than Beyoncé by miles. There is no competition.

by Anonymousreply 29May 12, 2023 1:48 PM

R28 sorry she doesn’t come across as sincere to me

by Anonymousreply 30May 12, 2023 1:49 PM

R30 oh well that’s you. History and the culture disagrees.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 12, 2023 1:52 PM

R31 oh well that’s you. History and the culture disagrees.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 12, 2023 1:54 PM

R31 nope. Others might love it, but she’s an empty vessel to me and many others. She’s beautiful, has a few catchy songs, but her voice has become grating and her personality is as exciting as a box of animal crackers to a 70 year old.

by Anonymousreply 33May 12, 2023 1:57 PM

Girls. GIRLS!!!

by Anonymousreply 34May 12, 2023 1:59 PM

Most Boring & Calculated Performer of All Time 🏆

Beyoncé

by Anonymousreply 35May 12, 2023 2:01 PM

She seems like a hard worker but I find her so boring now. I don't follow her closely, is the tour selling? Renaissance disappeared pretty quickly (relative to previous issues) so I am wondering if a similar drop off has occurred with her touring.

by Anonymousreply 36May 12, 2023 2:08 PM

R36 she didn’t add extra dates, so no outsized demand. Lots of resale site tickets at deep discounts. Her appeal is waning.

by Anonymousreply 37May 12, 2023 2:10 PM

Will add, she seems to be visually channeling JLo's outfits and hair based off the pics of her tour.

by Anonymousreply 38May 12, 2023 2:11 PM

It’s giving JLo with more coldness and narcissistic tendencies.

by Anonymousreply 39May 12, 2023 2:12 PM

She wouldn't exist without Michael Jackson's sister!

by Anonymousreply 40May 12, 2023 2:14 PM

Beyonce vs Tina Turner is a false equivalency.

Tina Turner came from nothing. She rose to the top on sheer fucking nerve and talent and stamina.

While cute as a button, possessing the ability to sing and dance, Beyonce lacks the raw naked fire of a Tina Turner, because she's the product of her DADDY'S ambition. And as such, she's never really failed. She's never had to ask "can I pay the bills this month from singing or am I going to have to sell my body to pay my rent?" or "How much longer do I give this before I bin this dream and go get a day job?"

Beyonce has never lived on the edge. She's never truly suffered for her art.

She is an authentic talent, but her origins are artificial. She's a skillfully programmed automaton. Unlike Michael Jackson, who had a similar start, Beyonce doesn't seem to have that divine spark of inexplicable genius, which is why she seems shockingly boring and vapid. She does what she is told to do, sings what she is told to sing, dances the moves, all with very high levels of skill. But she doesn't have much to say about it, there's no real creative discussion to be had with her.

Because none of it is actually coming from inside of her.

by Anonymousreply 41May 12, 2023 2:15 PM

Without the Freemasons, she'd have drifted off into obscurity. Fact.

by Anonymousreply 42May 12, 2023 2:17 PM

The remixes, R42?

by Anonymousreply 43May 12, 2023 2:21 PM

R5, the problem is that the costumes and sets are impressive in order to draw attention away from how exceptionally bad the music is. Beyoncé's repertoire has always been extremely uneven, but everything she's released since 4 has been mostly awful: unmelodious cacophonies laden with samples, tired beats and a dozen writers for each unmemorable perpetration of a song.

She is an average singer who has developed her talent through sheer discipline and hard work, and initially worked with some very good producers who showcased her voice in the best way possible. After her career was consolidated, though, she started wasting her time on woke nonsense and soap opera-level self-victimization in order to generate hype and conceal the fact that her music is just bad.

I've always said that if she didn't have to compete with embarrassments like Britney, Katy Perry and Rihanna, or lazy screamers like Christina Aguilera, she would have never become so prominent. Being the best in a sea of incompetence is easy, but having to stand next to giants like Whitney Houston, Aretha Franklin, Streisand, Linda Ronstadt, Patti LaBelle, Donna Summer, Céline Dion, Mariah Carey and Gladys Knight, to add a few examples, is what truly matters. Among the truly great, Beyoncé is a second rate singer who has worked very hard to rise above mediocrity, and not much else.

by Anonymousreply 44May 12, 2023 2:26 PM

Beyoncé's influence on young women has been devastating. They all turned into dumb hoes because of her. Whitney and Janet Jackson were not slutty. Madonna in her prime was more provocative but still very artistic. Enya, Bjork, Sade, Stevie Nicks, Diana Ross etc were all exceptional singers who didn't have to act like prostitutes to become famous. Beyoncé is an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 45May 12, 2023 2:26 PM

[quote]She does what she is told to do, sings what she is told to sing, dances the moves, all with very high levels of skill. But she doesn't have much to say about it, there's no real creative discussion to be had with her.

This is actually quite false. She produced her own album the tone, theme, direction, sound. No she wasn't at the soundboard mixing it together herself, but she knows exactly what she wants to sound like. She worked on this album herself, writing (with writers obviously) but working with them to make sure she came through clearly. She wasn't just handed songs to perform. You can tell the difference when an album has a unique theme and not just One Off sounds of all different types and genres. This album is VERY unified from start to finish. After Beyonce, Lemonade and this Album, you can definitely tell a Beyonce song and sound. The themes are the same.

And BTW, she is hands down the best performer of all time. Whenever I doubt this I just watch her Coachella perfomance. The one thing she has is that she is absolutely fucking fearless and will everything to the point of injury for a performance, falling down set of opera steps only to get back up and keep it going.

by Anonymousreply 46May 12, 2023 3:06 PM

WOW she fell down and then got up? Sooo amaaazing. BEST UV AWL TIMEEEEEE

by Anonymousreply 47May 12, 2023 3:21 PM

I think she’s a robot. A Beybot.

by Anonymousreply 48May 12, 2023 3:50 PM

The Singing Wig?

by Anonymousreply 49May 12, 2023 3:51 PM

The most overrated 'artist' of all times

by Anonymousreply 50May 12, 2023 3:52 PM

[quote] It’s giving JLo with more coldness and narcissistic tendencies.

Is that even possible?

by Anonymousreply 51May 12, 2023 3:52 PM

R50 Janet Jackson a very close second

by Anonymousreply 52May 12, 2023 3:53 PM

You go, Queen Charles!!

by Anonymousreply 53May 12, 2023 3:53 PM

True, r52! I could kiss you, if you're single, of course! 😘

by Anonymousreply 54May 12, 2023 3:55 PM

The Yasss Kweens who have zero taste and all fall in line to every trend they’re told to, keep this mediocre bitch afloat. She is horrendous. People like R46 would lick her heels clean if she asked.

by Anonymousreply 55May 12, 2023 4:47 PM

One thing you won’t see BeyoncĂ© doing is giving back to the black community selflessly, if she does you can bet a big tax write off, that was already discussed with her accountant, is in the cards. She grew up privileged, upper middle class and could give two fucks about the hood.

by Anonymousreply 56May 12, 2023 4:49 PM

This tour is fucking amazing. Beyonce's best yet. Rave reviews and completely sold out. The stunning designer costumes, amazing visuals with cool robots, a giant horse, and huge screen. Her vocals are of course on point. 37 songs! If there was ever a Beyonce tour to go see it would be this one. So excited!

by Anonymousreply 57May 12, 2023 4:54 PM

“The stunning designer costumes, amazing visuals with cool robots, a giant horse, and huge screen.”

Hunty Mother is bringing all the distractions! Yasssss! Boots da house down!!!

by Anonymousreply 58May 12, 2023 4:55 PM

Her biggest mistake is going up against the Swift's Eras tour.

by Anonymousreply 59May 12, 2023 5:03 PM

[quote] She produced her own album the tone, theme, direction, sound.

Yes. Along with 75 other “producers” and 25 “writers” per song.

Nothing suspicious there.

What a talent.

by Anonymousreply 60May 12, 2023 8:49 PM

Great performer but she sounds like she has a 5th grade education in interviews.

If Aliyah lived, would Beyonce still be that huge of a star?

by Anonymousreply 61May 12, 2023 8:57 PM

Say what you will, but she's more talented than Michael Jackson's sister.

by Anonymousreply 62May 12, 2023 9:14 PM

[quote] Her vocals are of course on point. 37 songs!

Swift does 45, plays the piano and guitar.

by Anonymousreply 63May 12, 2023 9:25 PM

Do Swift and Beyoncé have that much of a fan crossover?

by Anonymousreply 64May 12, 2023 9:30 PM

[quote] Swift does 45, plays the piano and guitar.

What’s a guitar?

by Anonymousreply 65May 12, 2023 9:31 PM

She looks good. Got pretty pudgy there for a while but she knows she has to be in shape with all the unfiltered concert images that will be around. I do wonder if half the audience are just waiting for her to sing 'Crazy in Love'?

by Anonymousreply 66May 12, 2023 10:00 PM

She’s so beautiful

by Anonymousreply 67May 12, 2023 10:01 PM

[quote] And BTW, she is hands down the best performer of all time.

And THIS is the kind of absolute delusion that makes Beyonce fans a group you simply cannot take seriously (nor does it reflect well on your diva). As someone has been witness to the last near 40+ years in popular music, and has soaked up all that even came before that, she is simply NOT "the greatest of all time". And that's not mere bias or opinion at play. It's seeing it all play out in real time over decades. She's great, mind you, and she's certainly learned from the best, but she is by far NOT the best of all time.

by Anonymousreply 68May 12, 2023 10:19 PM

Not GOAT.

by Anonymousreply 69May 12, 2023 10:56 PM

Blonde hair? Cultural appropriation!!!

by Anonymousreply 70May 12, 2023 10:57 PM

It’s giving Incest Survivor. “Did I do good, Daddy?”

by Anonymousreply 71May 12, 2023 10:58 PM

There is no single "Greatest Performer Of All Time." The world is diverse and so is music. And so is taste.

Does everything have to be so absolute?

by Anonymousreply 72May 12, 2023 11:03 PM

R72 to Aspie Gen Z Non-Binary Neurodivergent Yasss Kweens, yes, yes it does.

by Anonymousreply 73May 12, 2023 11:08 PM

Ozempic+B12 injections+Xanax

by Anonymousreply 74May 12, 2023 11:19 PM

Full Renaissance Tour below! Beyonce looks great and sounds great!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 13, 2023 12:04 AM

“Haters”, “Pressed”, signs we have a scholar amongst us.

by Anonymousreply 76May 13, 2023 12:08 AM

R73 Fuck me. I want to be your sex slave.

by Anonymousreply 77May 13, 2023 12:11 AM

An attractive if overweight woman with a mediocre voice and mediocre songs.

by Anonymousreply 78May 13, 2023 12:16 AM

The Beybot will not hear anything but praise for the woman he ran home to everyday and cried to her songs through headphones, as he thought about being called a “fag” all day by the cool black guys.

by Anonymousreply 79May 13, 2023 12:27 AM

Chuckle. Wild imagination you have. Cunt. I was never bullied. You can bully my mussy tho.

by Anonymousreply 80May 13, 2023 12:31 AM

According to Forbes, Beyoncé expects to make $2.1B from this tour, outearning Taylor Swift who expects to earn $1.6B from her current tour. Regardless, they are on track to become the most successful touring artists in music history In just one tour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81May 13, 2023 12:37 AM

R81 of course Taylor could add some shows and sellout, whereas Bey has shot her load already. Any further shows would be at less than capacity.

by Anonymousreply 82May 13, 2023 12:39 AM

R82 chuckle. More lies.

by Anonymousreply 83May 13, 2023 12:41 AM

The tour is SOLD OUT. The reviews are glowing. The leaked audience footage is stunning. The vocals are on point. The costumes are gorgeous. Her body is on point. This Renaissance era is shaping up to be Beyonce's most successful and lucrative era yet. This is the tour of the year. If people have a choice to see one female pop star show, this is the one they're paying for above all others.

by Anonymousreply 84May 13, 2023 1:23 AM

I watched the footage posted and she does look great. But she now moves like an older person, which is only natural I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 85May 13, 2023 1:25 AM

Release? Did she shit another 💣 of an album?

by Anonymousreply 86May 13, 2023 1:28 AM

[quote] The tour is SOLD OUT. The reviews are glowing. The leaked audience footage is stunning. The vocals are on point. The costumes are gorgeous.

The thighs are like Michelin tires.

by Anonymousreply 87May 13, 2023 1:43 AM

R85 Beyonce is still recuperating from foot surgery. She was even stiffer during her private Dubai show. No doubt Beyonce was told by her doctors to take it easy with the dancing in heels. Decades of performing in heels will do that to you. Even Madonna has spoken openly about her suffering as a result. Everyone knows how hard touring is on the body. MJ, Whitney, Celine, and Mariah have all spoken about it as well.

Beyonce still dances well in the show, but doesn't go as hard on every dance break as she used to in her 20s and 30s. People are making a bigger deal out of it than they need to because most people today can't handle any type of realistic change. Naturally everything get blown out of proportion and trumped up as a personal slighting worthing of career ending backlash.

Now in her early 40s and a mom to three kids under the age of 10, I like that the costumes are stylish and sexy, but much less revealing than one would expect. She showed way more skin on tour back in her 20s.

R86 Where have you been? Beyonce's Renaissance is a #1, Grammy winning hit era for Beyonce. An ode to club kids, the ballroom scene, her gay uncle who made her costumes, the LGBTQ+ community, and black female excellence. Act I was the album, Act II is the world tour, Act III are the music videos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88May 13, 2023 2:01 AM

[quote] Now in her early 40s

Try 50s.

by Anonymousreply 89May 13, 2023 2:09 AM

Madonna, BeyoncĂ©, Celine and Taylor Swift are touring forces to be reckoned with. Except for Celine who is not touring right now, the remaining three ladies’ tour is sold out everywhere AT VERY expensive prices. You can easily sell out a show if your tickets only costs $10 bucks. They all charge over $1000 bucks for a front row seat. That’s ridiculous. The fans still eat all up however. Madonna’s tour won’t start until end of July this year and she just sold out her fifth show in Mexico, like WTF. She will announce her new dates in Brazil very soon what what I’ve heard. Madonna’s new tour expects to earn approx $1B, which less than her junior counterparts BeyoncĂ© and Taylor Swift.

You must be a good entertainer/performer to draw people to your concert. Both Celine and Mariah are vocalists but Celine’s always been a huge draw and her shows are always much more successful than Mariah’s. Mariah unfortunately is not a good a performer and therefore her tours always flopped and almost the least successful diva when it comes to touring.

Janet is currently touring as well and doing well. Her tickets are heap however as she’s making less than $1M per show compared to Beyoncé’s 5-7M and Taylor’s 5M per show.

by Anonymousreply 90May 13, 2023 2:13 AM

[quote] Being the best in a sea of incompetence is easy, but having to stand next to giants like Whitney Houston, Aretha Franklin, Streisand, Linda Ronstadt, Patti LaBelle, Donna Summer, CĂ©line Dion, Mariah Carey and Gladys Knight, to add a few examples, is what truly matters.

Beyonce has had a longer reign as a commercially viable artist than any of the women you mentioned. Her first top 10 multi-genre hit was in 1997. 26 years later she is the biggest, most influential female artist in the world. Her longevity and success is unprecedented.

by Anonymousreply 91May 13, 2023 2:56 AM

[quote] The tour is SOLD OUT. The reviews are glowing. The leaked audience footage is stunning. The vocals are on point. The costumes are gorgeous.

Wait till they get a load of me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92May 13, 2023 3:00 AM

I think she’s a very beautiful woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93May 13, 2023 3:47 AM

Did Layne Bryant design the costumes?

by Anonymousreply 94May 13, 2023 3:53 AM

R94 Here's a list of all the costumes, designers, and the original runway outfit inspirations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95May 13, 2023 4:06 AM

Hooker trash!

by Anonymousreply 96May 13, 2023 4:07 AM

[quote] Her longevity and success is unprecedented.

No. It's not. Whatsoever. Again, if you have actually been witness to what has been achieved in the last half century of popular music, no, it is not unprecedented.

by Anonymousreply 97May 13, 2023 4:29 AM

R47, She feel down a filght of steps!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98May 13, 2023 9:15 AM

One thing I have learned over the years is that Haters of Beyonce, especially vocal haters of Beyonce, can't dance. There is no way you know how to dance AND hate Beyonce. This of course means they are horrible in bed. It's just the truth.

by Anonymousreply 99May 13, 2023 9:20 AM

R25 Tina Turner was a goddess. Authentic. present in every moment, charming in interviews, generous .. .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100May 13, 2023 11:19 AM

R99 Are you ok?

by Anonymousreply 101May 13, 2023 12:29 PM

R99 is practicing the moves to Ring the Alarm at his mom’s place in section 8 in Atlanta.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102May 13, 2023 3:08 PM

Why's it gotta be section 8, r102? I am not saying you have to dance to Beyonce. I have just found that people who are critical of Beyonce tend to be the driest people on earth and have a theoretical and not visceral connection to music. Therefore they are disconnected from their bodies in general and terrible in bed. And when those type of people take time to think about themselves and what I am saying, they know I am absolutely right. They are stick people on the dance floor and saps in bed.

There is no way that anyone who actually can move their body to music without looking like they are struggling is going to be critical of Beyonce. It just doesn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 103May 13, 2023 6:11 PM

[quote] And when those type of people take time to think about themselves and what I am saying, they know I am absolutely right.

At what age were you diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder? You reek of desperate Cluster B.

by Anonymousreply 104May 13, 2023 6:15 PM

R103 is in BK. He will Eatwhen Momsays.

by Anonymousreply 105May 13, 2023 6:17 PM

[quote] No. It's not. Whatsoever. Again, if you have actually been witness to what has been achieved in the last half century of popular music, no, it is not unprecedented.

I have been witness. No female in popular music has ever held the cultural zeigeist as firmly as Beyonce 26 years after first impact. The only one who's come close is Madonna. Madge's first top chart hit in 1983, 26 years later in 2009 she was over as a commercially viable artist and was the butt of jokes of the majority culture and her former fans.

The others -- Barbra, Aretha, Diana, Cher, Tina, etc. -- have only ever briefly achieved cultural ubiquity and popular hits. Beyonce has never needed a "comeback" because she has been at the front of the pack for over 20 years. She has outlasted Britney, Xtina, Gaga, Adele, Katy Perry and Rihanna.

by Anonymousreply 106May 13, 2023 6:32 PM

R106 she had a good run, but this is it. Her popularity has peaked. She’s an old lady with a bad foot. It’s all downhill from here.

by Anonymousreply 107May 13, 2023 6:34 PM

Thank you, peasant. I appreciate the acknowledgement.

by Anonymousreply 108May 13, 2023 6:37 PM

R107 even if that is true she has still set the standard. Her place in our collective culture is unprecedented.

[quote] [R25] Tina Turner was a goddess. Authentic. present in every moment, charming in interviews, generous .. .

Tina IS a goddess and even she looks at what Beyonce has achieved in awe.

by Anonymousreply 109May 13, 2023 6:38 PM

BeyoncĂ© has always respected and looked up to Madonna. She once again display “Queen Madonna” on the backdrop .

1. Best selling female artist of all time: Madonna

2. Highest grossing tour from a female artist: Madonna (soon to be replaced by Beyoncé or Taylor)

3. The most iconic and famous woman in music history and in the world: Madonna

4. Best female performer of all time: Madonna (Beyoncé is 2nd)

by Anonymousreply 110May 13, 2023 6:44 PM

R110 #2 not inflation adjusted

by Anonymousreply 111May 13, 2023 6:58 PM

The quality of the audience footage is insane. So clear. Did everyone buy new cameras for this tour? The screen is fucking huge! She looks fabulous and sounds in strong vocal health. Every extended vocal phrase and run is there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112May 13, 2023 7:08 PM

R112 she looks like she’d rather be playing Pickleball.

by Anonymousreply 113May 13, 2023 7:12 PM

R31 That remains my favorite song of hers. But she is mixed too low, you can barely hear her.

Is that because she doesn't project or because the guy working the soundboard fucked up?

If that is how she really sounds, I can understand why she lip-syncs.

by Anonymousreply 114May 13, 2023 8:29 PM

[quote] Her place in our collective culture is unprecedented.

You sound like one of those crazy MJ stans who insist he was the GOAT and a lusty heterosexual to boot!

Ask the average Joe or Jane to name more than two BeyoncĂ© songs. Because outside of Single Ladies and Crazy in Love, they can’t.

by Anonymousreply 115May 13, 2023 8:30 PM

R115 I heard two fraus singing To the left To the left in Home Depot today.

by Anonymousreply 116May 13, 2023 10:48 PM

[quote] Ask the average Joe or Jane to name more than two BeyoncĂ© songs. Because outside of Single Ladies and Crazy in Love, they can’t.

I don't know any average Joe/Janes and you probably don't either. I am speaking of a critical mass of pop culturists. The people who buy and stream music, and buy concert tickets. I am not a stan, I am speaking from more than 40 years observing popular music.

by Anonymousreply 117May 13, 2023 10:49 PM

It’s weird to see an artist singing into cameras before a live audience. I suppose they’re all watching the big screens above instead of her onstage.

by Anonymousreply 118May 13, 2023 11:07 PM

R118 Queen Bey has tried to get people to live in the moment but the culture won’t listen. I would never be in front Queen Bey’s presence recording away on my smart phone. I would be living in the moment the greatest performer and a modern day Goddess in front of my very eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119May 13, 2023 11:11 PM

Is r103 for real? Because I hate BeyoncĂ© I don’t know how to dance and I’m a shitty lay? LOL.

I’m a former dancer and I know how to fuck.

by Anonymousreply 120May 13, 2023 11:21 PM

SHOUT

by Anonymousreply 121May 13, 2023 11:41 PM

I mean, she looks fantastic. Gotta say.

Was never a fan of her "music".

by Anonymousreply 122May 14, 2023 12:34 AM

[quote]I don't know any average Joe/Janes and you probably don't either. I am speaking of a critical mass of pop culturists. The people who buy and stream music, and buy concert tickets.

I know plenty, thanks. I work with them every day. You don’t think average people stream music or attend concerts?

by Anonymousreply 123May 14, 2023 12:50 AM

Why are Beyonce fans always so hell bent on convincing everyone that she's the second coming? Guess what? People have different tastes. You shrieking about how amazing she is isn't going to change anyones mind. You love her music. Great. Go listen to it and shut the fuck up about her.

by Anonymousreply 124May 14, 2023 2:05 AM

R124 bahahaha. Ok.

by Anonymousreply 125May 14, 2023 2:20 AM

Beyonce is known for singing live. Her breath control is impressive. No one has ever accused Beyonce of having a small voice or not knowing how to project. Case in point, her performance of Emotions with Celine when she hit that C6 at full volume. Or her performance at the Oscars (or was it the Grammys) when she sang Somewhere Over the Rainbow and did a crescendo on the ending C5. Or her performance of Listen on Oprah when she hit that E5 at full volume. Or the countless times she hit that iconic F5 upward run in Crazy in Love. Beyonce's voice has always been the real deal. She still sounds great. Funny enough, on opening night, Beyonce messed up a fast vocal phrase while singing Summer Renaissance. For the second night, see R112, she then made sure to nail that same phrase.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126May 14, 2023 3:30 AM

The four year break from touring really served her voice well. She sounds great on the album and on this tour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127May 14, 2023 3:33 AM

Y’all gotta remember opening night was in Stockholm. They love Bey everywhere but outside of the great seats, the songs she’s performing the audience may not know as well. Actually I take that back. In the great seats many may not be die hards but rich or upper echelon people. Bey is a spectacle. Some may go not having consumed all her music but wanting to experience the greatest concert of a pop star. Wait til she gets to the states and London. The whole fkin crowd will go bananas during every set and every song.

by Anonymousreply 128May 14, 2023 3:38 AM

Move out the way! Queen comin' through!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129May 14, 2023 3:41 AM

My point is when you sell out stadiums it’s more than just the “fans”.

Babe how r u gna top last years birthday? Im taking you to go see Beyoncé 3rd row center.

by Anonymousreply 130May 14, 2023 3:42 AM

[quote] I have been witness. No female in popular music has ever held the cultural zeigeist as firmly as Beyonce 26 years after first impact. The only one who's come close is Madonna. Madge's first top chart hit in 1983, 26 years later in 2009 she was over as a commercially viable artist and was the butt of jokes of the majority culture and her former fans. The others -- Barbra, Aretha, Diana, Cher, Tina, etc. -- have only ever briefly achieved cultural ubiquity and popular hits. Beyonce has never needed a "comeback" because she has been at the front of the pack for over 20 years. She has outlasted Britney, Xtina, Gaga, Adele, Katy Perry and Rihanna.

BULL-FUCKING-SHIT. And no, you have not been witness to any of it. If you truly were, you wouldn't be saying this bullshit.

Hence, why Beyonce fans, like Gagas, are a cult. And cannot be taken seriously.

by Anonymousreply 131May 14, 2023 6:06 AM

R118 Yep, this is not unusual. Every concert has cameras, lights, wind fans, teleprompters for lyrics, etc. Crew are on stage capturing the action for the main screens and for when there's an official taping. Here's Madonna interacting with one as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132May 14, 2023 6:20 AM

Beyonce stays All Up in Your Mind. Love that Drunk in Love run t the end. Glad she kept it from the Dubai show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133May 14, 2023 12:57 PM

Damn, her voice was even better for the second night. She showed more of her range, took more risks, and went higher on the runs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134May 14, 2023 1:54 PM

R134 *screaming

by Anonymousreply 135May 14, 2023 1:56 PM

Vocal Queens!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136May 14, 2023 2:06 PM

The Beyhive has invaded Datalounge again
where’s my can of pesticide?

by Anonymousreply 137May 14, 2023 2:21 PM

Those massive screens are insane, as if she is a God, which she is.

I love how r131 cries bullshit but provides absolutely no examples of anyone else who has done what she has done - managed to stay relevant and at the top of her game for going on 25 years, never needing a comback, or "whatever happened to" bi-line. Madonna's last great album was in 2005 with Confessions, 23 years after her debut - almost 20 years ago now. I Just prey Beyonce never decides to "pick up a guitar."

by Anonymousreply 138May 14, 2023 5:53 PM

Doubtful that Beyonce can even spell guitar

by Anonymousreply 139May 14, 2023 6:13 PM

To paraphrase the protestors at Charles' coronation - Not My Queen!

by Anonymousreply 140May 14, 2023 6:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141May 14, 2023 9:30 PM

R141 I love that skit. Fkin hilarious

by Anonymousreply 142May 14, 2023 9:33 PM

Did J-Z POZ her? My cousin D’Andra, got told that by her girl Shar’leisha. It true?

by Anonymousreply 143May 14, 2023 9:37 PM

R143 what the hell are you talking about. I told you bout mixing crack and meth.

by Anonymousreply 144May 14, 2023 10:08 PM

Poz?

by Anonymousreply 145May 14, 2023 10:52 PM

R145 yeah, is she?

by Anonymousreply 146May 14, 2023 11:13 PM

I’ve never heard that before r146.

by Anonymousreply 147May 15, 2023 12:27 AM

A sad cunt talking to himself. Queen Bey pray for him.

by Anonymousreply 148May 15, 2023 11:15 PM

I'd never seen that Madonna clip, R132. I love it!

by Anonymousreply 149May 16, 2023 3:15 AM

[quote] Hence, why Beyonce fans, like Gagas, are a cult. And cannot be taken seriously.

The cult is the Beyonce haters. You don't have to like her to observe and admit that what she's accomplished in her career is completely unprecedented. You've yet to name one female artist who has approached the commercial longevity or cultural ubiquity of Beyonce.

by Anonymousreply 150May 16, 2023 4:12 AM

She’s a pathetic, jukebox zombie with the eyes of a corpse and thighs like two untrimmed legs of lamb.

She married the ugliest man in show business to further her career. Her voice is flat with no range and every one of her songs requires 25 writers to continue the risible grift that is her career.

She exists to be an ATM machine for the hangers on and leeches that surround her.

Sia has more talent in her ugly pinky than Beyoncé has in her corpulent torso.

Nothing more than a media creation. An imposter and a fraud

And no one but her deranged fans has given two shits since “Single Ladies.”.

by Anonymousreply 151May 16, 2023 4:58 AM

^ fucks like a rusty seesaw with NPR on in the background.

by Anonymousreply 152May 16, 2023 5:52 AM

R151 is so on point that I am crying copious tears of joy.

Even the most diehard fans of Diana Ross were not as stupidly obsessed with her like the Beyhive is. Not being impressed with her means just that. It’s her stans who need tasering. Like MAGATS in the sense that she can do no wrong in their eyes despite the evidence of her mediocrity.

by Anonymousreply 153May 16, 2023 4:29 PM

I totally get your point r153. But you really should consider not using examples from 50 years ago. I know it's hard to believe that the mid 70s early 80s were 50/40 years ago. Fandom has changed immensely and how people interact with each other in general.

by Anonymousreply 154May 17, 2023 6:01 AM

Okay, r154, even Whitney’s fans. When folks say that they don’t care for her singing, admittedly I get a little upset, but I never launched into diatribes about her singing and resort to insults. I hope I haven’t đŸ€­. Diana Ross is the closest thing I could think of. Sorry, not sorry.

by Anonymousreply 155May 17, 2023 12:44 PM

Some of you don’t get it. We are smart enough to realize we are witnessing the Shakespeare of recorded music. When history looks back on this thing called pop stars, divas that existed in early 20th century Beyonce Knowles Carter will be the one they recall and the center point of teaching in media studies, pop culture history.

When they program the robots who will eventually take these stars place, I predict about 50yrs from now, they will use Bey for the singing and dancing. Tell me I’m wrong.

Btw I cannot officially be apart of the Beyhive because of religious beliefs.

by Anonymousreply 156May 17, 2023 2:06 PM

Dancing perhaps. But singing? Try again.

by Anonymousreply 157May 17, 2023 2:21 PM

Her skin is lighter than mine, and I am 2.14% African(I stay out of the sun, use good sunblock& drink lots of water) Miss Pedo Jackson should have called her skin Doctor.

by Anonymousreply 158May 17, 2023 2:26 PM

R158 what is your point. Many Indians are darker than African-Americans.

Queen Bey doesn’t bleach if that’s what you are alluding to.

by Anonymousreply 159May 17, 2023 3:23 PM

R157 Fix your fkin ears. Or maybe stop lying. There are a lot of secret Bey fans here. They really love her hence the obsession with hating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160May 17, 2023 7:08 PM

Imperatrix of Insufferabiliy

by Anonymousreply 161May 19, 2023 12:29 PM

Beyonce has an incredibly unpleasant tone to her voice. Anyone with ears can notice it.

by Anonymousreply 162May 19, 2023 2:43 PM

The problem with BeyoncĂ© is that she can only talk-sing or belt
 and scream at that, screaming is not singing. She can’t do a song with the any restraint because all she knows how to do is scream or talk-sing.

by Anonymousreply 163May 19, 2023 2:48 PM

Allegedly pulling back on tour dates to launch a hair care line?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164May 19, 2023 4:04 PM

Just in time to get all the reparations money black people are about to get. She's no fool. No dollar left behind.

by Anonymousreply 165May 19, 2023 4:31 PM

Not sure of what you mean r165.

by Anonymousreply 166May 19, 2023 6:13 PM

R166, It was in reference to R164 post about starting a haircare company. That is a major money maker in the black community, obviously huge money maker in general. So the joke was she is getting it setup just in time for when black people get their reparations check so she can absorb the money like sponge from them. She makes she leaves no dollar behind.

by Anonymousreply 167May 21, 2023 8:41 AM

Sad but true r167.

I can’t stand her.

by Anonymousreply 168May 21, 2023 1:53 PM

I really wonder how much it eats away at BeyoncĂ© that her husband’s protege, Rihanna, is all of a sudden worth three times as much as her without having to sell her knees and lower back to the devil. All she pretty much did was lend her name to a brand and put on makeup on instagram. Meanwhile BeyoncĂ© is doing calisthenics in in heels, in the rain while pregnant and still losing to Taylor Swift.

by Anonymousreply 169May 24, 2023 11:40 AM

And I’m not going to even bring up the alleged affair Riri had with her husband. Although I’m sure Rihanna’s big forehead shifted a few pad buttons while bent over a studio sound board. But she performs like BeyoncĂ© underwater, the level of energy she puts in. Yet she’s estimated to be worth 1.4 billion dollars to Beyoncé’s 500 million. Rihanna is almost worth as much as Jay and Bey combined.

by Anonymousreply 170May 24, 2023 11:54 AM

R169 BeyoncĂ© loves to do this shit. That’s what people don’t realize. She’s been performing since she was 6 yrs old. obviously being cynical she makes a shit ton of money now but that’s what all the girls said who were in the group. BeyoncĂ© always wanted to keep performing, to keep swimming while singing, to keep jogging while singing. She would figure who was gna sing lead on each verse and later the harmonies. She has no reason to be jealous of Rihanna because she’s not a jealous person. There’s plenty of richer than Beyonce with longer careers. I will say just like MJs weird ass they live to sing and dance.

by Anonymousreply 171May 24, 2023 12:46 PM

I'm just sayin' R171 because she sings a lot about money, a lot about a billion dollars on the elevator, a lot about knocking Basquiat's off the wall, about private jets. I know she loves to do what she does. But she sings a lot about money and her accomplishments and being unique and "the one" and no one out there like her. The fact that someone younger, her contemporary in the industry, worked a lot lot less than her and end up three times as rich as her in about half the time. I don't think she is jealous of money in general. But she might feel some kind of way about someone who started beneath her, who she recommended Jay-Z take on ended up with all that financial success. I know I would.

by Anonymousreply 172May 24, 2023 3:05 PM

Trust me, there is plenty of money to go around for everyone involved to sleep well through several nights. But Beyonce has always fancied herself a mogul. But she has made her money pretty much by slaving through her lane - entertainment. FENTY Beauty and its various lines caught on in a way that House of Deréon and IV Park never did. I am sure whatever venture capitalist were behind FENTY would have kicked Rihanna to the curb if at the start Beyonce had expressed interest. I am just saying I am sure there is a bit of "how did we sleep on that?" in the Carter household. Now even if Beyonce makes a ton of money off of her haircare line, Rihanna will have been the FIRST entertainer to have done it and it will look like Beyonce is following in her footsteps. It's more of a pride thing than a money thing. And being worth 1.4 billion dollars is a lot to be proud of. Beyonce will have to make 3 Billion from it since she won't be the first.

by Anonymousreply 173May 24, 2023 3:17 PM

R172 Queen Bey and Rihanna are friends. You are trolling. Get some rich friends.

by Anonymousreply 174May 24, 2023 4:23 PM

I'd rather see Big Freedia every night, and twice on Sunday.

For all the $$$$$ and production values, Beyonce has NO charisma.

NONE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175May 24, 2023 4:43 PM

R175 That’s fine you are into camp and spectacle. Queen Bey is also a fan of his. She sampled him twice including on the most critically acclaimed song of 2016, Formation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176May 24, 2023 4:50 PM

I’d only want to be Freedia just for the respect he gets from BeyoncĂ©. She has promoted him and his music on such a major international level. And he has been nothing but grateful. I think all those other artist are regretting badmouthing their samples on her album - like Kelis, whose sample got yanked immediately so she could drift back down into obscurity.

BeyoncĂ© and Rihanna are friends because it’s good business. But it’s not like they are showing up to each other’s baby showers. And we all know Bey likes to be number #1. Her drive is what has made her. But I imagine she is the type of friend who likes you when she is doing better than you or if you’re in a completely different line of work. But to be in the same line of work AND be better than her at something I am sure brings out her inner Tracy Flick.

by Anonymousreply 177May 24, 2023 6:06 PM

Yes, R176, I'm aware (S. Louisiana native here). My opinion stands. Bey is a beautiful girl with no charisma.

But I'm happy she has fans like you.

by Anonymousreply 178May 24, 2023 10:57 PM

R178 Stop being a bug a boo. She is the most charismatic female entertainer of all time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179May 24, 2023 11:22 PM

yawnsay

by Anonymousreply 180May 24, 2023 11:41 PM

She’s not charismatic at all
she wears flamboyant costumes and flicks her weaves.

by Anonymousreply 181May 24, 2023 11:42 PM

R181 Did you watch the vid in r179.

by Anonymousreply 182May 24, 2023 11:47 PM

R182 Charisma is something other than that. She is a performer. She is born and bred performer. The Beyonce we love only exists on stage or in front of a camera. But just having watched the TINA Turner Larry King interview on another thread, now that is charisma. When you can carry yourself and draw someone in just through your words or presence. Beyonce is a lot of amazing things, but charismatic is not one of them. That is why she never gives interviews anymore because there is a huge disconnect between Sasha Fierce and Beyonce Knowles. I think it is amazingly sweet and funny and appealing how country she is. Some people can shake it - I mean I can't imagine any more country place than a city named Nutbush, TN, but Tina did, if she ever was. For the white people out there, country is a lot different than ghetto. Beyonce is definitely not ghetto. But she is a whole cherry pie's worth of country. And Houston country doesn't play as well when you're signing about yachtin' off Capri.

by Anonymousreply 183May 25, 2023 6:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!