Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Woman who wrote children’s book about grief following husband's death charged with his murder

Utah Mormon frau. She gave him a huge dose of fentanyl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117June 14, 2023 5:59 PM

Here's her Facebook.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 9, 2023 3:19 AM

Bizarre obituary

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 9, 2023 3:22 AM

Straights can be so violent...I've said it 100 times....And Straight on Straight crime is the worst...Pray Y'all.

by Anonymousreply 3May 9, 2023 3:23 AM

Giving her brats Hipster Names was the first clue. I swear I personally could solve a lot of crimes if I just have nothing but time to go thru the obits.

by Anonymousreply 4May 9, 2023 3:26 AM

The publisher announced that the second edition will be retitled: Ashton Has No Daddy Because Mommy Killed Him

by Anonymousreply 5May 9, 2023 3:29 AM

That's going to some lengths to give yourself material.

by Anonymousreply 6May 9, 2023 3:30 AM

In her defense----a dead husband is Sadfishing Catnip.

by Anonymousreply 7May 9, 2023 3:33 AM

She seems a bit...special in that interview. IQ of probably 80.

by Anonymousreply 8May 9, 2023 3:36 AM

"Whether it be him showing up to a family dinner with no socks or sleeves on his shirt because he had to make an emergency bathroom stop along the way"

From the obituary^ What??

by Anonymousreply 9May 9, 2023 3:37 AM

R8 What interview?

by Anonymousreply 10May 9, 2023 3:38 AM

It's here, R10.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 9, 2023 3:40 AM

Utah has some pretty fucked up people and many of them seem to be Mormon. That woman who wrote Go Ask Alice and exploited the suicide teen boy’s family for her Satanic Panic journal was a Utah crazy Mormon.

by Anonymousreply 12May 9, 2023 3:42 AM

R11 Thanks - wow, she came across as cold and fake

by Anonymousreply 13May 9, 2023 3:47 AM

R11----That story says they were married 14 years but the OBIT said 9 YEARS.....

by Anonymousreply 14May 9, 2023 3:49 AM

[quote]A few days later, on February 14, Eric and Kouri had a Valentine’s Day dinner at their Kamas home, the charging documents stated. Shortly after the dinner, Eric allegedly became very ill and told a friend he thought his wife was trying to poison him.

[quote]Two weeks after this incident, on February 26, Kouri contacted her friend again and asked for another $900 worth of fentanyl pills. The friend left the pills at the same Midway house. Six days later, on March 4, 2022, Eric was found dead of a fentanyl overdose.

a) Not blaming the victim; just genuinely curious (because this isn't the first time I've seen a story where someone who turned up dead previously said they thought their spouse was trying to poison them). If you think your spouse is trying to poison you...why stay with them? At the very least, why drink the Moscow Mule they prepare for you?

b) I understand gathering evidence, but it took them over a year to arrest her?

by Anonymousreply 15May 9, 2023 4:00 AM

As LDS obits go, that was rather subdued.

(And I say that as someone whose pro bono obit-writing services have been offered around the ward by my parents. I spew out pure camp, and they eat it up.)

“Overcome by the grace and stamina of his glorious, perfected Spirit Body, a pain-free Teancum sprinted at breakneck speed into the open arms of his Father in Heaven. ‘Bone mets? Not here, son; not here.’”

by Anonymousreply 16May 9, 2023 4:15 AM

[quote]He was an excellent archer and marksman, and had multiple trophy animals from all around the world including Africa, Mexico, Canada, and the United States.

Ugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 9, 2023 4:21 AM

[quote]"Whether it be him showing up to a family dinner with no socks or sleeves on his shirt because he had to make an emergency bathroom stop along the way" -From the obituary^ What??

I was about to post the same thing, R9 - like what the fuck does that even mean?! What did he get up to in reststops?!

Plus, they said he belonged to the “Church of Ladder Day Saints” like, what the actual fuck

by Anonymousreply 18May 9, 2023 4:22 AM

Did he need to use his socks and sleeves as toilet paper at rest stops because of explosive diarrhea and no TP?

by Anonymousreply 19May 9, 2023 4:25 AM

R14 - he had a nine-year-old kid and was married to his love of nine years? hmm. Doesn’t sound very mormon to me, unless they got married right after they met and she instantly got pregnant…🤷🏻

by Anonymousreply 20May 9, 2023 4:28 AM

That obituary was so long, I missed the part about using socks and shirt sleeves to wipe his ass.

[quote] Eric loved fully, laughed loudly, and lived life with reckless abandon.

Eric lived, loved, and laughed.

by Anonymousreply 21May 9, 2023 4:29 AM

Bitch looks like a psycho in that video.Talk about dead eyes.

by Anonymousreply 22May 9, 2023 4:30 AM

[quote]She said she made him a Moscow Mule in the kitchen and brought it to their bedroom where he drank it in bed.

It's well known that Mormons don't drink alcohol. Guess this couple cheated in that area of their beliefs.

by Anonymousreply 23May 9, 2023 4:33 AM

They probably had coffee at coffee breaks too, they will surly both be going to hell.

by Anonymousreply 24May 9, 2023 4:39 AM

Most Mormons seem borderline retarded. And deeply hillbilly / white trash.

It cracks me up that they build these huge houses in what used to be the cheap parts of Utah and Nevada. Putting on airs like they are upper middle class. Meanwhile they are so stupid they can’t even fog a mirror.

by Anonymousreply 25May 9, 2023 4:40 AM

[quote]"Whether it be him showing up to a family dinner with no socks or sleeves on his shirt because he had to make an emergency bathroom stop along the way" -From the obituary^ What??

It sounds like she is implying he would hit up truckstop bathroom glory holes before coming home for dinner. Probably why she killed him.

by Anonymousreply 26May 9, 2023 4:42 AM

Ken is keeping the faith!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 9, 2023 4:45 AM

Has he had an alcohol enema though, don’t some of them get around it that way?

by Anonymousreply 28May 9, 2023 5:02 AM

He was one of "those" straights. Shooting animals and teaching his brats to be aggressive sports players. Maybe we she should give Widow a pass if she promises not to do this again?..

by Anonymousreply 29May 9, 2023 5:03 AM

[quote]unless they got married right after they met and she instantly got pregnant

These people are clearly outliers, but that’s normally something that would elicit a sigh of relief.

A couple being able to claim that Heavenly Father put them together and they were so in love that they got married almost immediately and were then #blessed with a MinuteBaby® is the consolation prize for losers who weren’t already engaged pre-mission, i.e., their senior year of high school.

by Anonymousreply 30May 9, 2023 5:09 AM

Did the other wives help to murder him too?

by Anonymousreply 31May 9, 2023 5:10 AM

Ugh. Inbreds.

by Anonymousreply 32May 9, 2023 5:11 AM

[quote] "Whether it be him showing up to a family dinner with no socks or sleeves on his shirt because he had to make an emergency bathroom stop along the way" -From the obituary^ What??

She means emergency bathroom stop along the road or highway. When you gotta go, you gotta go, and sometimes it’s in the woods. That’s when your socks and sleeves come in handy as toilet paper.

by Anonymousreply 33May 9, 2023 7:15 AM

I didn’t realize this was Linda Carter’s son.

by Anonymousreply 34May 9, 2023 7:17 AM

39?!? Holy crap. I thought he was in his 50s. White men age like milk.

by Anonymousreply 35May 9, 2023 7:18 AM

[quote]Woman who wrote children’s book about grief following husband's death charged with his murder

Of course.

That sounds like something John Waters or Ryan Murphy would try to adapt.

by Anonymousreply 36May 9, 2023 7:22 AM

Police got suspicious when they found out her original book was titled "Daddys Dead and Mommys Happy"

by Anonymousreply 37May 9, 2023 7:56 AM

Have Cops found Mommys boyfriend yet? Mommy ALWAYS has a boyfriend in these stories.

by Anonymousreply 38May 9, 2023 7:59 AM

So the book is about the dad haunting his kids every second of the day like Ghost Dad? How is that supposed to be a relief to children instead of freak them out? And if she really believes her husband is still watching them every day then wouldn’t he be mad that she killed him? Wouldn’t she be scared he’ll try to kill her now?

by Anonymousreply 39May 9, 2023 7:59 AM

R2

Written by AI:

“Ladder-Day Saints” is just one odd moment.

Bizarre, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 40May 9, 2023 8:09 AM

Now I know why Lisa Rinna was put on this earth. She was born to play this role. She is just as Cold and Fake as Kouri

by Anonymousreply 41May 9, 2023 8:19 AM

R41 And you just know Kouri is pronounced "KIE-REE"...for no particular reason.

by Anonymousreply 42May 9, 2023 8:56 AM

Will she be our next Chris Watts of DL?

by Anonymousreply 43May 9, 2023 10:17 AM

meh the guy killed animals for fun.

by Anonymousreply 44May 9, 2023 10:37 AM

R44 He killed animals for fun AND he wiped his ass with his socks.

by Anonymousreply 45May 9, 2023 10:50 AM

She only murdered him for research purposes.

Case dismissed.

by Anonymousreply 46May 9, 2023 11:46 AM

[quote]R33 She means emergency bathroom stop along the road or highway. When you gotta go, you gotta go, and sometimes it’s in the woods. That’s when your socks and sleeves come in handy as toilet paper.

And the family thought these moments were obituary-worthy. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 47May 9, 2023 12:19 PM

I kind of felt sorry for him until I read that obituary. He sounds like a complete horror show.

Not that she's any better, killing her husband then monetizing her faux grief. Sounds like they were a match made in Mormon heaven.

Why do we think she did it? Just for sympathy and clicks? She posted publicly on Facebook only four days ago about how hard it is for her to go on without her beloved dead husband.

by Anonymousreply 48May 9, 2023 12:28 PM

He’s an animal murderer and she’s a wacko Mormon so both suck and got what they deserved. I wonder if the news team who interviewed her saw any red flags. Why didn’t her friend she asked for drugs go to the cops? Or is that friend “mommy’s special friend?”

by Anonymousreply 49May 9, 2023 12:54 PM

What an evil bitch.

by Anonymousreply 50May 9, 2023 1:10 PM

[quote]Why didn’t her friend she asked for drugs go to the cops?

Maybe because he's a drug dealer. Those guys don't usually keep cops on speed dial.

by Anonymousreply 51May 9, 2023 1:20 PM

This piece-of-work's story would make a good John Waters film.

by Anonymousreply 52May 9, 2023 1:30 PM

Mormons drink a lot of pop, perhaps part of her brain has rotted in chemical soup and she can no longer empathise.

by Anonymousreply 53May 9, 2023 1:35 PM

"...showing up to a family dinner with no socks or sleeves on his shirt because he had to make an emergency bathroom stop along the way"

Does this mean that he cut/ripped the sleeves off his shirt and wiped his ass with them? The sleeves from his shirt?

by Anonymousreply 54May 9, 2023 1:37 PM

Do they have magic underwear?

by Anonymousreply 55May 9, 2023 1:37 PM

[quote]I swear I personally could solve a lot of crimes if I just have nothing but time to go thru the obits.

The dream job of all Dataloungers everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 56May 9, 2023 1:40 PM

Presumably, R54. Real class, the lot of them.

by Anonymousreply 57May 9, 2023 1:55 PM

I’ve only met a few Mormons and they were deeply crazy gay men. The craziest. And I’m a Catholic from the South.

by Anonymousreply 58May 9, 2023 1:55 PM

Yikes. The husband knew she was out to get him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59May 9, 2023 2:04 PM

Oh, so it WAS about money! At R59's link it details the $2 million house she wanted to buy and he didn't, her hacking Eric's life insurance policy to make herself the beneficiary instead of his business partner, and the fact that Eric changed his will because he knew she was trying to kill him.

Somebody needs to turn this into a lurid made for TV movie, stat!

by Anonymousreply 60May 9, 2023 3:48 PM

Tip for the defense: There are still small, foreign factions operating in the mountains.

by Anonymousreply 61May 9, 2023 4:05 PM

Maybe she should write a sequel book for children about how to deal with GUILT.

by Anonymousreply 62May 9, 2023 5:44 PM

I can't imagine the level of evil required to kill your children's other parent. I'll make an exception for an abusive relationship, but this doesn't seem like one. She just wanted out of her marriage (without the scandal of a mormon divorce), or she wanted the life insurance money. This was pure selfishness, an act that took one life and immeasurably altered and damaged the lives of her children. Just evil.

by Anonymousreply 63May 9, 2023 6:05 PM

The whole "I'm going to write a children's book about kids who lose a parent" REEKS of oppressive guilt.

by Anonymousreply 64May 9, 2023 6:06 PM

They were house flippers which means they're probably wealthy with a lot of assets.

by Anonymousreply 65May 9, 2023 6:07 PM

"...showing up to a family dinner with no socks or sleeves on his shirt because he had to make an emergency bathroom stop along the way"

I'm confused. It sounds from the above, that he made a habit of stopping off somewhere, defecating, then wiping his dirty ass on his socks and ripped off shirt sleeves.

My question is, Why didn't had just take toilet roll with him?

by Anonymousreply 66May 9, 2023 6:21 PM

He would look pretty stupid always carrying a roll of toilet paper with him everywhere he goes. It would look unprofessional in meetings.

by Anonymousreply 67May 9, 2023 7:00 PM

Not only is she a murderess, she's a STUPID murderess.

by Anonymousreply 68May 9, 2023 7:08 PM

That obituary is bananas.

by Anonymousreply 69May 9, 2023 7:09 PM

He wore a necklace with sleeve-snipping scissors on the days he went sockless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 9, 2023 7:11 PM

[quote] One of Eric’s two sisters told investigators he had called her a few years ago from Greece. While he and Kouri were on vacation, a drink she handed him made him violently ill. The sister alleged Eric believed Kouri had tried to kill him.

[quote]Eric holds a joint life insurance policy with his business partner Cody Wright. The two men ran the business C&E Stone Masonry. A warrant states Kouri logged into the two men’s life insurance policy in January 2022 and changed the policy. She removed them as each other’s beneficiary and named herself as the policy’s only beneficiary. When the insurance company notified the men of the change, they were able to change it back.

[quote]Court filings say on Valentine’s Day in 2022, Eric suffered an allergic reaction after having dinner with Kouri. He broke out in hives, couldn’t breathe and passed out after using his son’s EpiPen and taking Benadryl. When Eric woke up, he called Wright to let him know what had happened.

So was the husband stupid or what? He’s known for years that his wife is trying to kill him and doesn’t leave. He repeatedly gets poisoned by her yet still accepts a Moscow Mule from her to drink. Weren’t the previous poisonings a sign you should not be accepting any food or drinks from her again?

by Anonymousreply 71May 9, 2023 7:16 PM

I’d love to have seen her face when she found out after the funeral that he had removed her from his will.

by Anonymousreply 72May 9, 2023 7:25 PM

Her part is too deep, looks like a female combover

by Anonymousreply 73May 9, 2023 7:53 PM

Toni Collette for the movie.

by Anonymousreply 74May 9, 2023 8:00 PM

Still puzzling over ripping sleeves off to wipe ass, - regularly? Or a one time thing?

by Anonymousreply 75May 9, 2023 10:33 PM

Toni Collette is too expensive for Lifetime, R74. This has a true crime podcast turned into a Netflix mini-series written all over it.

by Anonymousreply 76May 9, 2023 10:37 PM

Even though this case involves a heterosexual couple, I might wright and develop a miniseries based on this.

by Anonymousreply 77May 10, 2023 1:04 AM

R59 Yes, we found that out in OP's link, dear

by Anonymousreply 78May 10, 2023 2:06 AM

Yeah, what is up with that part? It's Trumpian in its death.

by Anonymousreply 79May 10, 2023 3:19 AM

She got cut out of the will so retaliated by painting him as a guy who shits and then wipes his ass with his socks and sleeves. That's cold!

by Anonymousreply 80May 11, 2023 1:44 AM

How did all of you miss this nugget?

[quote]He enjoyed great adventures to far off places, but also cherished the small and finer things in life like his Under Armour sweat suits and spending time with his family and friends.

by Anonymousreply 81May 11, 2023 4:12 AM

[quote]Before his death, Eric changed the beneficiary of his will and his power of attorney, replacing Kouri with his sister. A warrant states he didn’t tell Kouri about the change because, according to his sisters, he believed Kouri might “kill him for the money” and wanted their kids to be financially secure.

Well, that was stupid. Had her have told her, she would have known she couldn't get any money from insurance and probably wouldn't have killed him.

by Anonymousreply 82May 11, 2023 4:13 AM

Rose McGowan in a brunette wig for the Lifetime movie. She's got the crazy eyes down.

by Anonymousreply 83May 14, 2023 1:20 AM

It must have been galling for his family to know he was responsible for his murder and watch all of her performative grief culminating in a book to help kids cope with grief. Were they telling him to leave her and watching helplessly?

by Anonymousreply 84May 14, 2023 5:18 AM

Toni Collette and Rose McGowan are both years too old for the role. However, Chris Pratt is perfect for the victim.

by Anonymousreply 85May 14, 2023 6:19 AM

Amanda Bynes knows her way around a drastic side part, and I'm sure she'll be no trouble on set. This is the perfect opportunity for her long-awaited comeback.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 14, 2023 7:31 AM

Was the book self-published? That cover art!

by Anonymousreply 87May 14, 2023 10:49 AM

Was daddy really straight ?

He’d suspected her for over two years.

He was finally “thinking” of filing for divorce.

Was he that desperate to be seen as a married man?

by Anonymousreply 88May 14, 2023 12:36 PM

Maybe he was afraid to leave because there were kids, that happens. If he knew he's a psychobitch he might be afraid that she'd abuse the kids, or turn the kids against him, or that she might make accusations that would lose him any contact with the kids.

As it happened it turned out that staying, possibly for the sake of the kids, was the worst possible option - he ended up dead and god knows who's taking care of the kids now. But once you marry a crazy-ass abusive person and have children with them, there are ZERO good options.

by Anonymousreply 89May 14, 2023 5:08 PM

He was dumb. He got sick multiple times and he knew the reason he got sick was because she was poisoning him. He even told friends this. Yet he continues to drink the drinks she makes him. Does he have a death wish?

by Anonymousreply 90May 14, 2023 7:22 PM

Yeah, unless she poured it down his throat, not drinking the Moscow mule was one good option he had available to him.

by Anonymousreply 91May 14, 2023 8:12 PM

Holy fuck @ r2, that obituary reads like the writer is thrilled to bits he's gone.

by Anonymousreply 92May 14, 2023 8:59 PM

Well, she did throw a party to celebrate the next day.

by Anonymousreply 93May 15, 2023 10:17 AM

Creepy how he really suspected something based on actual experiences, repeatedly. I guess the complexities of real life kept getting in the way from him making a drastic change, or he kept waiting for the right time, or he was in denial. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 94May 15, 2023 10:26 AM

I love animal murderes. He shouldn't have been killed. He had an adorable smile. She should be ashamed of herself. I bet if they had pursuitéd the millenial netflix couch life without annoying brats, he would still be alive.

by Anonymousreply 95May 15, 2023 10:33 AM

do you agree with the granny?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96May 15, 2023 10:45 AM

She killed him because he was losing his hair.

by Anonymousreply 97May 15, 2023 10:46 AM

How surprising!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98May 15, 2023 2:37 PM

R97 And his socks.

by Anonymousreply 99May 15, 2023 2:40 PM

New development: she secretly took out $2 million in life insurance on him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100May 20, 2023 6:51 PM

I was just going to post this R100. She's a fucking dimbulb, isn't she?

by Anonymousreply 101May 20, 2023 8:51 PM

Those smiles in the pic at R100 looks so forced. I worked at a hotel years ago as a bartender and worked a lot of weddings or family events held in the banquet rooms. I would see straight couples arguing in hallways, parking lots, other areas, and then they would sit at the tables for pictures with their forced smiled. I believe that only a small percentage of married straight couples are happy.

by Anonymousreply 102May 20, 2023 10:21 PM

^^^Oops I meant types "smiles" not "smiled".

by Anonymousreply 103May 20, 2023 10:22 PM

It might be confirmation bias, but she is a dead eyed bitchface

by Anonymousreply 104May 20, 2023 10:40 PM

We live in the age of grift.

by Anonymousreply 105May 20, 2023 10:45 PM

Mormons.

by Anonymousreply 106May 21, 2023 1:56 AM

So are they going to share a planet in the afterlife? Seems uncomfortable

by Anonymousreply 107May 21, 2023 2:03 AM

I laughed when I read this headline on this post.

Seriously, what kind of world do we live in now.

by Anonymousreply 108May 21, 2023 2:03 AM

Moscow Mules, edibles, and murder are off-limits to Mormons, so I don't think they'll be sharing a planet.

by Anonymousreply 109May 21, 2023 2:08 AM

What the search of her phone records revealed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110June 13, 2023 1:05 PM

🙄

• "if someone is poisned [sic] what does it go down on the death certificate as" • "what is a lethal.does [sic] .of.fetanayl" • "can cops force you to do a lie detector test." • "death certificate says pending, will life insurance still pay?" • "luxury prisons for the rich in america" • "how to.permanently delete information from an iphone remotely" . "FBI anyalsis [sic] of electronics in an investigation"

by Anonymousreply 111June 13, 2023 1:09 PM

Jen Garner for the movie.

by Anonymousreply 112June 13, 2023 2:24 PM

[quote] 🙄

• "if someone is poisned [sic] what does it go down on the death certificate as" • "what is a lethal.does [sic] .of.fetanayl" • "can cops force you to do a lie detector test." • "death certificate says pending, will life insurance still pay?" • "luxury prisons for the rich in america" • "how to.permanently delete information from an iphone remotely" . "FBI anyalsis [sic] of electronics in an investigation"

What is the best way to kill a spouse? I am going to kill my husband planner. I killed my husband now what? How to fake grieving to friends and family. What makes a person look guilty of murder? Lawyers for people whose spouses died under suspicious circumstances near me. What to bring to prison. How to survive prison.

by Anonymousreply 113June 13, 2023 4:54 PM

Also: “What is my DataLounge password?”

by Anonymousreply 114June 13, 2023 5:33 PM

[quote]R88: He was finally “thinking” of filing for divorce. Was he that desperate to be seen as a married man?

They were Mormons, right? For them, divorce would have been more fraught with difficulty and social stigma than in other sects of Christianity.

by Anonymousreply 115June 13, 2023 11:36 PM

"If planning to poison husband for his life insurance, is it a good idea to search murder-related stuff on your own phone?"

by Anonymousreply 116June 14, 2023 12:04 AM

Pre-weight loss Jesse Plemons for the husband

by Anonymousreply 117June 14, 2023 5:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!