Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you play video games?

If so, What do you like to play?

by Anonymousreply 26May 25, 2023 3:01 PM

Yes! Nintendo games. I have all the consoles since Super Nintendo.

by Anonymousreply 1May 8, 2023 2:15 AM

Yes! I'm still playing the Resident Evil 4 remake, and I love it as much as the original released nearly 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 2May 8, 2023 2:18 AM

I used to a lot in college - I'd like to start again. What's the best gaming console? and games to start with?

by Anonymousreply 3May 8, 2023 2:26 AM

This should’ve been a poll.

by Anonymousreply 4May 8, 2023 2:29 AM

I do, mostly RPG, action RPG, and some platforms - mostly Mario. Finishing up the Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Future Redeemed DLC in advance of next weeks release of LoZ: Tears of the Kingdom. I have next week off, and am spending it playing Zelda.

Originally, I had the week after Easter scheduled for vacation, but I pushed it back a month to line up with the ToTK release.

by Anonymousreply 5May 8, 2023 2:32 AM

Candy Crush.

by Anonymousreply 6May 8, 2023 2:33 AM

Super Mario Brother and Tetris

by Anonymousreply 7May 8, 2023 2:33 AM

Just the one dear R7?

by Anonymousreply 8May 8, 2023 3:35 AM

This year I really enjoyed Disco Elysium, Pentiment, and Baldur's Gate 3. They're not new releases but I haven't played any of them before. I play Super Auto Pets usually until I beat the weekly and from time to time I'll play Stardew Valley, Magic Arena (I quit whenever I hit mythic), or Hitman. I'd recommend Disco Elysium and Pentiment in general to Dataloungers because they're narrative focused games that don't require any technical gaming skills at all and both have very high quality writing. I'm eagerly anticipating the full release of Baldur's Gate 3 later this year and not too much else. I'll buy the RE4 remake when it goes on sale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 8, 2023 3:46 AM

R3 Do you have a relatively high end PC or laptop already? Just get Steam and X-Box Game Pass if so.

Switch is cheap and has a lot of exclusive games that are ideal for casual gamers. The Steam Deck is probably the best bang for your buck in terms of having an absolutely massive gaming library, but you might be overwhelmed by the options. The PS5 has the best VR experience. The X-Box has game pass (also available on PC/Steam Deck), which is a subscription service that gives you access to a pretty large decent library of games. Like Netflix. A PC/Laptop that meets the requirements for modern gaming is superior to all other options by far, but is very costly.

by Anonymousreply 10May 8, 2023 4:23 AM

R10 You are really appreciated for taking the time to share all that! Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 11May 8, 2023 11:46 AM

Is Steam a monthly subscription r10? Also, a bit OT, but scammers often want to be paid in Steam cards…

by Anonymousreply 12May 8, 2023 12:09 PM

R12 no, it’s just a shop - it’s the premiere platform for purchasing, installing, discussing, managing and launching all of your games. Scammers want Amazon cards too, that doesn’t make it a dangerous thing to use. There really isn’t an alternative to Steam, it’s the only show in town and for good reason.

by Anonymousreply 13May 8, 2023 12:47 PM

R13, sorry, didn’t mean to imply it was dangerous, just figured it was incredibly popular.

by Anonymousreply 14May 8, 2023 6:17 PM

Replaying Horizon : Forbidden West

by Anonymousreply 15May 9, 2023 2:47 AM

I replay certain games from the late 2000s (PS3, Xbox 360 era) because I like that timeframe. And the games are more midsized so are easier to complete. I’ve tried some newer ones and while they look incredible, the small text sizes don’t render well on my TV so I get eye strain easily.

I also have a soft spot for late 80s, early 90s point-and-click adventures and revisit those on occasion.

by Anonymousreply 16May 9, 2023 2:57 AM

Final Fantasy (6 is the best), also Might & Magic (7 is my fave, I know it’s antiquated).

by Anonymousreply 17May 9, 2023 3:46 AM

Several but Sid Meir's Civilization games have always been my favorite.

Also all the Grand Theft Auto games. Loved the first Resident Evil and Tomb Raider on PS1 and still play the newer ones.

by Anonymousreply 18May 9, 2023 6:25 PM

I used to but at 35 yo I just don’t have hours a day to play anymore. I recently replayed Metroid Prime for GameCube and I appreciate it on a different level because it’s completely immersive and engaging without being overwhelming in complexity and gameplay.

by Anonymousreply 19May 9, 2023 7:29 PM

Xbox here....RPG mostly like Skyrim, Fallout (Bethesda games)...currently playing Hogwartz Legacy and Star Wars Jedi Survivor. I also dabble on DIscord playing Among Us with friends.

by Anonymousreply 20May 9, 2023 7:32 PM

Xbox One/360 here and love the Dragon Age trilogy, Mass Effect games, and LA Noir. Currently replaying the Witcher 3 but finding it more tedious the 3rd time around. I go back and replay all of these because they are still fun and I am not wanting to spend $400-$500 for the new Xbox.

Also like to go back and play Divine Divinity (from the early 2000s) and Simcity 3000 unlimited on my laptop. Gog.com sells those games for a couple bucks during their many sales.

by Anonymousreply 21May 10, 2023 6:49 PM

r21... r20 here....love the games you do (forgot about Dragon Age!) absolutely HATED the Witcher 3 because of all the grinding one must do to level up for the next town. The side quests are tedious AF. Also Like the Bioshock series (Infinite was awesome!).

by Anonymousreply 22May 10, 2023 11:47 PM

R21 the new divinity games were a huge hit, so if you like divine divinity you should see what's been going on with CRPGs recently. DO1 and 2 are both considered masterpiece and the developer is making the new Baldur's Gate.

Lately i've been trying this Dave the Diver, I'm playing a lot more small scale games like this because I don't have much free time.

R22 Are you sure you're talking about the witcher 3? There's no grinding in that game, enemies give you almost no XP and you can only level through questing - and the general takeaway that critics and players had from that game is that it has among the if not the greatest sidequest writing and presentation of all time. The sidequest writing is like the whole thing that everyone raved about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 25, 2023 10:16 AM

I'm playing the newest Star Wars Jedi game with that dude from Shameless as the character model. He's nice to look at.

by Anonymousreply 24May 25, 2023 10:43 AM

The DL queens love June’s Journey

by Anonymousreply 25May 25, 2023 2:57 PM

I still play classic Genesis games on my PC using an emulator. There are hundreds of freely available ROM's.

by Anonymousreply 26May 25, 2023 3:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!