Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bud Light Boycott Snowballs; Sales Now Down 26%

Rather than tapering off, the boycott is actually picking up steam, getting stronger week by week. It may get worse for them. This is unusual for a consumer action.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428June 23, 2023 2:11 PM

More negative news, please!

by Anonymousreply 1May 3, 2023 11:07 AM

Thank you for these daily reports about a beverage maker's business performance, it's exactly why I visit this homosexual message board for.

by Anonymousreply 2May 3, 2023 11:23 AM

This exact, same link is in the other thread. Too fucking lazy to do a search, Opie?

by Anonymousreply 3May 3, 2023 11:28 AM

R3 It's a different story. People who understand numbers get it.

by Anonymousreply 4May 3, 2023 11:32 AM

[quote] More negative news, please!

I consider this good news, since it kicks off the inevitable decline of Dylan Mulvaney.

by Anonymousreply 5May 3, 2023 11:34 AM

R2 Why not familiarize yourself with current events for a change?

by Anonymousreply 6May 3, 2023 11:36 AM

Bud Light pulled a The (Dixie) Chicks. Know your audience.

by Anonymousreply 7May 3, 2023 11:36 AM

This is a sea change. Consumer boycotts almost always decline over time. They do not do this. These people have given up the brand permanently.

by Anonymousreply 8May 3, 2023 11:43 AM

"It's a different story. People who understand numbers get it"

1. I'm a CPA/EA. I understand numbers quite well, thank you.

2. Your link to Barron's is the same as the post #28 in the other thread.

The only thing one needs to understand is that you're another anti-trans trolls. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 9May 3, 2023 11:43 AM

You're slipping, R9. You forgot to use the word "nazi" this time.

by Anonymousreply 10May 3, 2023 11:46 AM

R9 You could learn something. Why is controlling the free flow of information so important to you?

by Anonymousreply 11May 3, 2023 11:52 AM

R10: suit yourself, asshole nazi.

R11: if you think trolling the internets has anything to do with the free flow of information or anything even remotely intellectual, you're sorrily mistaken. You really should see a mental health professional about those grandiose delusions you're experiencing.

by Anonymousreply 12May 3, 2023 11:56 AM

Attention! Attention! This is Miss Shuster. Please listen very carefully. A swarm of killer attention whores is coming this way."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 3, 2023 11:57 AM

You're wrong, R11. R9 could never learn anything.

by Anonymousreply 14May 3, 2023 12:06 PM

So when Bud Light uses a transgender person in their advertising, a boycott causes their sales to plummet 25%, but when Chick-Fil-A is boycotted because of their homophobic owner, their sales go up.

Sounds about American.

by Anonymousreply 15May 3, 2023 12:08 PM

Not a great example, R15. Both of those products are consumed by people who lean more republican, so it would stand to reason that they wouldn't care about a boycott of Chick-Fil-A over homophobia, and they would care about one for Bud Light for partnering with whatever Dylan Mulvaney is.

by Anonymousreply 16May 3, 2023 12:14 PM

R12 It's a major news story and one of the most controversial subjects around. It affects our lives and our politics. Yet to even bring up the subject is 'trolling the internets' and anyone who disagrees with you is either delusional or an asshole nazi.

I got your number, hussy.

by Anonymousreply 17May 3, 2023 1:07 PM

Bud Light will be just fine in the end.

by Anonymousreply 18May 3, 2023 1:13 PM

R18 Actually, it won't. This is unprecedented in terms of marketing. These people have switched brands as a political statement. It's their identity at stake. They're not going back.

by Anonymousreply 19May 3, 2023 1:18 PM

Genuinely confused about why you have so much invested in hating on some trans person you never met? And why you have so much of your own personal self-worth bound up in the sales performance of a mass market lite beer?

by Anonymousreply 20May 3, 2023 1:22 PM

Bud Light also isn’t something people swear by, like Tide. They can switch to Miller or Coors and not look back.

by Anonymousreply 21May 3, 2023 1:22 PM

R20 I don't hate this person. None of my own personal self-worth bound up in the sales performance of a mass market lite beer.

Now, what else are you confused about?

by Anonymousreply 22May 3, 2023 1:25 PM

"It's a major news story"

Just another event in endless new cycles. 6 months from now it will be relegated to the dustbin of history, completely forgotten, where it belongs.

"It affects our lives."

Speak for yourself, bitch. It hasn't effected my life one fucking iota (other than to have to deal with anti-trans bigotry and hatred on the internets), nor has it had any effect on 99% of the world's population. The only reason it's having any effect on your life is you're a paid troll. And once again, you really need to do something about those delusions of grandeur that keep rearing their ugly heads.

"and our politics."

Given the current state of American politics, especially conservative politics, where such mental defectives as MTG and Lauren Boebert are considered "bright stars," this completely manufactured "crisis" and the resulting histrionics of lunatics like R17 would effect politics. Appealing to the lowest common denominator has always been a right-wing/conservative/GOP forte.

by Anonymousreply 23May 3, 2023 1:26 PM

Does the saying 'Go woke go broke' apply here?

by Anonymousreply 24May 3, 2023 1:26 PM

It's easier to boycott Kid Rock. Summer is coming and Bud Light sales will tick back up.

by Anonymousreply 25May 3, 2023 1:28 PM

We certainly are reevaluating our priorities and rethinking our futures in light of this historical event and radical evolution of the American zeitgeist.

by Anonymousreply 26May 3, 2023 1:30 PM

Then why are you so charged up about it all happening? Since it affects your life in no actual way? Are you that bored? Maybe try a streaming app? Or a book? Of find a friend.

by Anonymousreply 27May 3, 2023 1:30 PM

R26 Correct. The ONLY thing that really matters is money.

by Anonymousreply 28May 3, 2023 1:31 PM

Sometimes it’s hard to be a woman…..

by Anonymousreply 29May 3, 2023 1:31 PM

Why would they? Anheuser-Busch has willingly branded themselves "the LGBTQIA2S++ Beer," and there are plenty of other cheap, crappy beers that stayed neutral.

Unless people who identify as "queer" are willing to stay drinking Bud fucking Lite just to make a point, the brand is screwed. The rednecks have already switched to Coors, Natty Light, etc.

by Anonymousreply 30May 3, 2023 1:32 PM

R27, why are YOU so invested in what R22 says or feels? Sounds like you're the one with the problem.

Go sort it out elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 31May 3, 2023 1:32 PM

Is there any chance that a collective sense of exhaustion will ever inspire people to stop talking about trannies and cancel culture for ten seconds

by Anonymousreply 32May 3, 2023 1:33 PM

Since every other mass-market pisswater is pretty much identical to Bud Light, so this is a painless boycott. Nobody has to give up anything they care about. Just switch to Coors Light and you'll never notice the difference.

Straight men, especially blue-collar men, are creatures of habit. They don't like shopping and they don't like experimenting with new foods and drinks. Once they have made the effort to switch to another light beer, it's unlikely they'll switch back. Especially when drinking Bud Light now gives their bro-friends an opening to mock them.

by Anonymousreply 33May 3, 2023 1:34 PM

This is what happens when corporations confuse Twitter and Instagram and TikTok culture with the real world.

by Anonymousreply 34May 3, 2023 1:36 PM

R27 You don't get to edit my thoughts or my speech.

Dylan has been fucking screaming for attention. You're mad that she gets it now?

by Anonymousreply 35May 3, 2023 1:37 PM

"Then why are you so charged up about it all happening? Since it affects your life in no actual way?"

The stupid boycott has no effect on me whatsoever.

This asinine stunt of whipping up anti-gay/anti-trans hatred and bigotry by two washed up has-beens under the guise of faux outrage and flag waving faux patriotism is what pisses me the hell off.

by Anonymousreply 36May 3, 2023 1:42 PM

That marketing VP is fucked, she may need to switch careers

by Anonymousreply 37May 3, 2023 1:48 PM

R16, I was just trying to make the point that this is the country we live in: one that basically punishes corporations for being anti-gay/trans, and rewards corporations for being homophobic. Of course it's the same customers (mostly Republicans) who are causing both of these to be true.

by Anonymousreply 38May 3, 2023 1:49 PM

R23 'The only reason it's having any effect on your life is you're a paid troll.'

How do you get paid for posting on DL? That would be awesome.

by Anonymousreply 39May 3, 2023 1:50 PM

The situation is like when a radio station changes format, say from classic rock to New Age. As AB repositions Bud Light from being the beer of ordinary Americans to being the beer of the trans community, it’s expected that there will be a drop off in sales.

by Anonymousreply 40May 3, 2023 2:04 PM

R40, this is more analogous to Harley-Davidson hiring Gwyneth Paltrow as an endorser.

Harley is a brand in big trouble right now. They need a new audience. So they send Gwyneth a bike, and she puts a reel on GOOP, telling her fans, "The vibrations from the motor give me a wonderful deep vaginal massage! Plus it's a great way to get to the organic food store for some low-calorie, Earth-friendly dehydrated tofu treats! Don't forget to pick up a "This Candle Smells Like My Vagina" candle while you're there! The roomy saddlebags on my Harley can hold it all!"

Result: All of H-D's former customers abandon them. H-Ds become instantly derided as "vagina massagers" and no man wants to be seen riding them. People film themselves smashing them with sledgehammers, etc.

But will the GOOP followers start buying Harleys? Very unlikely. It's just not a good fit for them. It's an inorganic, forced campaign that was born when some idiot brand manager was told, "We need to shift gears to a younger, more trendy audience," and they felt the way to do that was to turn off their old customers and do a 180 in brand personality.

Result, old customers lost, new potential customers not interested.

by Anonymousreply 41May 3, 2023 2:29 PM

Not defending either side, but that 26% figure is likely inflated and may not reflect a downward trend.

It takes a while for such sales and orders to make it through the sales channel. What we're seeing now is likely the initial kneejerk reaction as the sales drops worked their way through the distribution channel.

by Anonymousreply 42May 3, 2023 2:38 PM

[quote] You don't get to edit my thoughts or my speech.

The drama!!!

No one's doing that, dear. We're not *editing it. We're *ridiculing it.

by Anonymousreply 43May 3, 2023 2:46 PM

R42 It's only the off-premise sales, amount of beer sold outside of restaurants and bars.

It's as sophisticated as any other supply chain. Their information here is basically instantaneous.

by Anonymousreply 44May 3, 2023 2:53 PM

R43 Some of the adults are talking now. Go play dress-up.

by Anonymousreply 45May 3, 2023 2:57 PM

terrific comment, r41.

by Anonymousreply 46May 3, 2023 2:58 PM

[quote]Some of the adults are talking now

I only see eldergay reactionaries weeping about being EDITED!!!

by Anonymousreply 47May 3, 2023 5:34 PM

The whole purpose of using the Dylan lady in the ad was to attract a younger audience. That was a hopeless marketing strategy in the first place, because younger consumers are not interested in an outdated redneck brand like Bud Light.

This will be a temporary boost for Bud Light, but in the long run its consumer base is going to shrink and die off, because younger beer drinkers just aren't interested and Dylan would never have changed that. It's just a matter of time. It might be a temporary victory for reactionary conservative trans/homophobes, but the fact is, their culture is slowly dying - most young people just aren't interested in being backwards on cultural issues. Right-wingers are so invested and hysterical about the culture wars because they know they're losing them (just like they're hysterical over immigration because they know the country will no longer be majority-white one day and there's nothing they can do about it - it's simple demographics).

by Anonymousreply 48May 3, 2023 5:58 PM

OP is on the same side as homophobes like Kid Rock. That guy isn't just a transphobe, he hates us, too.

by Anonymousreply 49May 3, 2023 6:08 PM

R49 Where is the transphobia in the original post? Where is it? You are full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 50May 3, 2023 6:31 PM

R47 As you try to get the thread shut down...

by Anonymousreply 51May 3, 2023 6:32 PM

Even I see it, you moron @R50.

by Anonymousreply 52May 3, 2023 6:35 PM

R52 Because it is not there, you are left only with insults. You are not fooling anyone.

by Anonymousreply 53May 3, 2023 6:41 PM

"You are not fooling anyone."

So says the hired troll, prostituting himself for a sip of rotgut vodka at the end of his shift.

by Anonymousreply 54May 3, 2023 6:48 PM

[quote]As you try to get the thread shut down...

Is that what I'm doing? I don't even know how.

by Anonymousreply 55May 3, 2023 6:51 PM

R54 People who disagree with you are paid by Russia? Do you think that none of the basic realities of life apply to you? Do yo think you can make things happen just by wishing for them?

by Anonymousreply 56May 3, 2023 6:53 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57May 3, 2023 6:56 PM

The ADOLPH Coors Company merging with Molson to create Molson Coors in 2005 was a prescient move in the era of cancellation OUTRAGE.

You know people would be "triggered" by Coors's corporate name if they were still using it today.

by Anonymousreply 58May 3, 2023 8:11 PM

I never engaged in the Coors boycott. I never do boycotts.

by Anonymousreply 59May 3, 2023 8:34 PM

R20: "Genuinely confused about why you have so much invested in hating on some trans person you never met?"

Agreed!

by Anonymousreply 60May 3, 2023 10:33 PM

R60, I too was confused at the new Datalounge Rule that we can't bitch about anyone we haven't met in person. Gee, it's gonna be boring around here.

by Anonymousreply 61May 3, 2023 10:37 PM

[Quote]Then why are you so charged up about it all happening? Since it affects your life in no actual way? Are you that bored? Maybe try a streaming app? Or a book? Of find a friend.

Or continue having fun on DL

by Anonymousreply 62May 4, 2023 12:13 AM

The brand is destroyed. They're giving it away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63May 4, 2023 1:54 PM

The accent just kills me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64May 5, 2023 11:21 AM

Dylan also promotes other brands, such as Maybelline, Nike, Ulta, KitchenAid, Instacart, etc.

I haven't heard about any backlash there. Perhaps because the primary customer for those brands is female? Or perhaps because they're more likely to be wealthy and lean left?

by Anonymousreply 65May 5, 2023 11:39 AM

R63, that's absolutely insane.

They're giving away free cases because light beer gets skunky quickly -- it's perishable, so they have to either move the product or destroy it. So they give it away in a "good will gesture" to the distributors whose business they've damaged... and then claim the gifted cases as a business expense.

If I were a distributor, this would enrage me.

by Anonymousreply 66May 5, 2023 11:47 AM

Bonuses for drivers and reps over this shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67May 5, 2023 11:52 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68May 5, 2023 12:00 PM

[quote] Anheuser-Busch InBev stock closed up 3.5% on Thursday after the company beat first-quarter earnings and revenue estimates as demand for beer remained resilient despite higher prices.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69May 5, 2023 12:54 PM

R69

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 5, 2023 1:00 PM

[quote] “Now the company has alienated some conservatives while losing an opportunity to stand by Mulvaney and show a new generation of consumers how it cares about the people younger generations admire,” Roth said.

So,..

Sales are down because they didn't follow through with their support...

Good to know. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 71May 5, 2023 1:30 PM

R71 They're fucked either way. Tripled advertising dollars for the summer, so we'll see a lot of them trying to do something.

by Anonymousreply 72May 5, 2023 1:35 PM

I don't claim to know anything about AB InBev stock and what's affecting it right now. But two things to remember:

First, stock prices don't always reflect the value of a company. They can be manipulated by huge institutional investors, "irrational exuberance," and even memetic campaigns. Remember GameStop?

And second, whatever is happening or not happening as a result of the Mulvaney controversy won't be reflected until the 2Q earnings report at the end of July.

by Anonymousreply 73May 5, 2023 1:44 PM

[quote] whatever is happening or not happening as a result of the Mulvaney controversy won't be reflected until the 2Q earnings report at the end of July.

Which is why OP and Matt Walsh are so deeply invested in setting an impression now before people forget to check back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74May 5, 2023 2:02 PM

R74 Your graph is useless. What is the y-axis measuring?

Can you rephrase your comment, please? I honestly can't parse your sentence fragment.

by Anonymousreply 75May 5, 2023 2:15 PM

I only know Dylan Mulvaney from his Bud Light video, but it was stupid how he acted like he had no idea what March Madness was or what sport. I don't even watch sports but I know what it is. It was a stupid campaign to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 76May 5, 2023 2:22 PM

It's hurting their sales at sporting events, people are not buying it there

by Anonymousreply 77May 5, 2023 2:24 PM

Using Mulvaney has to be one of the most bone-headed marketing decisions ever. Talk about not knowing your customer. On the other hand, AB-InBev is HUGE. They'll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 78May 5, 2023 2:48 PM

Now GAY BARS are boycotting Bud Light. And for people who THINK Dylan is still employed by big name sponsors---notice you aren't seeing Dylan peddling anything now? Dylan also said a tampons company went quiet after talk of an endorsement. Dylan is wearing the same clothes over and over. He had to shut down his Cameo. Where is his income now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 6, 2023 10:33 AM

Dylan will quietly "detransition" (as if he ever did anything but play dress up) within a few months.

by Anonymousreply 80May 6, 2023 3:44 PM

Why would a tampon company want somebody with male parts to advertise for them?

by Anonymousreply 81May 8, 2023 3:22 AM

Hopefully, other companies will take note and jump off the TRA train and stop hiring woke liberals.

by Anonymousreply 82May 8, 2023 3:48 AM

Dylan is now out there telling people that misgendering should be illegal.

by Anonymousreply 83May 8, 2023 3:48 AM

Not only did they hire a tranny, they trashed their consumers. That dumb bitch CEO trashed them. You then have Kamala writing to congratulate Dylan on his 100 days of girlhood. This shit is insane.

by Anonymousreply 84May 8, 2023 3:50 AM

*womanhood

by Anonymousreply 85May 8, 2023 3:50 AM

And the we have this crap - another tranny from a rich family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 8, 2023 3:52 AM

Alok's not a tranny, he's an ugly attention whore that goes out of his way to repulse people so that he can bitch about not getting laid. See also; Megadeth Talisman.

by Anonymousreply 87May 8, 2023 10:02 AM

A-B is a huge company. Any drop in Bud Light sales - even a big one - won't materially affect the broader company or its stock price.

The Bud Light division may be extremely fucked in the short term, though.

If sales stay fucked compared to year-over-year, it'll be interesting to see what happens. Any other company would start cutting costs. But this is tricky for A-B.

Either way, it is clear that Kid Rock and Dylan Mulvaney have a marketing pull of which I had no idea.

by Anonymousreply 88May 8, 2023 10:10 AM

Apparently there is a shitload of Republican drunks.

by Anonymousreply 89May 8, 2023 10:47 AM

R88 Where did you get the idea that sales performance has no effect on a corporation? A-B in is full crisis mode: restructuring management, cleaning house, and tripling their ad budget. And this is just the start of it.

by Anonymousreply 90May 8, 2023 11:56 AM

AB will survive in the long run with lucrative deals to sell bud light at places like Disney theme parks where choice is limited.

This will go down in history as a major ad fail.

by Anonymousreply 91May 8, 2023 12:29 PM

Alok goes on rants, and even did a short video piece, on men not wanting to date him. Look in the mirror, freak.

by Anonymousreply 92May 8, 2023 1:24 PM

[quote] AB will survive in the long run

Yes, as did Coca-Cola. The point in this case is that AB provided a lesson not only to themselves but to other companies not to blindly embrace whichever trans is currently experiencing their fifteen minutes. Also, that the type of product matters. Mulvaney might do better hawking some variety of frankenfood.

by Anonymousreply 93May 8, 2023 1:33 PM

Now the Big Boss -- CEO of AB InBev -- has weighed in.

[blockquote]The chief executive of Anheuser-Busch InBev has blamed misinformation on social media for stoking a conservative consumer boycott of Bud Light after the best-selling US beer was promoted by a transgender influencer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94May 8, 2023 3:19 PM

They underestimated what shrieking babies nearly every right-wing man in the US is.

by Anonymousreply 95May 8, 2023 3:21 PM

R95, it's the job of the product team to know and understand their customer base, in order to avoid exactly this kind of situation.

In this case, it was clear that the product manager specifically wanted to get rid of their existing customers, which she did.

The problem is that they didn't have much of a plan to replace them. And the plan they did have seems to have fallen through, as now even trans activists are pissed off at them.

by Anonymousreply 96May 8, 2023 3:35 PM

r90, I know sales have an impact. But I was talking about Bud Light's sales relative to the much bigger company, Anheuser Busch.

A-B had nearly $58 billion in revenue last year. The impact from one brand's performance in one market won't dramatically affect the much bigger company, Anheuser Busch. This is because there is a much larger brand portfolio to somewhat offset the impact of Bud Light in the US.

But the impact on the brand (as opposed to the broader company) in the US will be significant if the sales remain lower year-over-year.

by Anonymousreply 97May 8, 2023 3:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98May 9, 2023 12:28 PM

[quote]it was clear that the product manager specifically wanted to get rid of their existing customers, which she did.

That is not at all clear. What the PM thought, one presumes, is that it wouldn't hurt to reach out to demos that Bud Lite never thought of appealing to.

Little did they know that a big chunk of their core demo are fragile snowflakes who melt down into a violent fury at the idea that someone not like them drinks beer.

by Anonymousreply 99May 9, 2023 3:06 PM

R99, she derided the brand's image and base as "fratty" and "out of touch." She wanted to shed those customers.

Again, "little did they know" doesn't cut it. I assume you've never worked in advertising or PR, but massive global corporations spend hundreds of millions on market research just to learn precisely that -- what, and how, their customers think. They damn well should know what their customers are like, since that is their job.

Apparently their bosses agree with me, since the people responsible have been taken off the Bud Light account and put on leave.

by Anonymousreply 100May 9, 2023 3:52 PM

She didn't want to "shed" those customers. She wanted to add to the customer base.

And there's no way to market-test for a "massive numbers of crying straight men shooting guns at beer cans over 10 seconds of spon con"

by Anonymousreply 101May 9, 2023 3:58 PM

Thanks for your input, Ms. Heinerscheid at R101. You've done a great job running the Bud Light business and your promotion, raise, and bonus are forthcoming. Keep up the excellent work!

by Anonymousreply 102May 9, 2023 4:10 PM

R102 agrees with all the straights who freaked out over 15 seconds of Instagram stories.

Her masculinity is fragile as fuck, it seems.

by Anonymousreply 103May 9, 2023 4:24 PM

R103, you can keep spinning your fantasies the way the trans always do, but the fact is- this was a huge blunder. It may rectify itself in time because people have short memories, but this was a failure, plain and simple, and that now ex-marketing dolt is going to be selling potteryware for 75% off at Bed, Bath & Beyond Outlet stores until they finally fold.

by Anonymousreply 104May 9, 2023 5:23 PM

Maybe it was a blunder, but it was made huge by an enormous wave of insane bigotry and performative violence.

As a putatively gay person, this is what should scare you. Because if you think the MAGA crowd delineates a difference btw trans ppl and gay ppl, you're dreaming.

But you're worked up about the marketing analysis.

So, yeah. That's not terribly moving.

by Anonymousreply 105May 9, 2023 6:29 PM

[quote]As a putatively gay person, this is what should scare you. Because if you think the MAGA crowd delineates a difference btw trans ppl and gay ppl, you're dreaming.

So gays will celebrate Coors if they have an ex-gay spokesperson? Progressives wouldn’t boycott Michelob because of their transracial spokesperson?

by Anonymousreply 106May 9, 2023 6:32 PM

What the fuck does that even mean?

by Anonymousreply 107May 9, 2023 6:38 PM

That ex-gays and transracials are valid identities. That’s the *fuck* it means.

by Anonymousreply 108May 9, 2023 6:39 PM

"the transracials"?? Go walk around the block, dear.

Siding with the MAGA loons who hate you has scrambled your brain.

by Anonymousreply 109May 9, 2023 6:41 PM

Yes, transracials. Problem?

by Anonymousreply 110May 9, 2023 6:42 PM

*the transracials, I mean.

by Anonymousreply 111May 9, 2023 6:43 PM

R106 is pointing out your abject hypocrisy, dears. If a company that makes a product you use put forward a spokesperson representing a group that you found objectionable for whatever reason, like, say, an evangelical preacher or an ex-gay, the SJWokesters would go apeshit just like the Trumploons went apeshit about this.

by Anonymousreply 112May 9, 2023 6:51 PM

Booze and cigs are supposed to inspire the strongest of brand loyalties. Their brands are their identity; it was like Dylan (fresh from meeting Biden who's not popular) appeared in the mirror looking back at them.

by Anonymousreply 113May 9, 2023 7:02 PM

Yes, dear. And *I was pointing out that R106 (and, I suppose, others) were either siding with the MAGA loons, or totally ignoring WHY this whole fiasco came about - namely that a huge chunk of MAGA America violently hates trans people. And the gays of DL should take that seriously, and as a serious threat.

Many would prefer to ignore that and do marketing reviews or giggle at trans ppl or just be a flippant cunt.

by Anonymousreply 114May 9, 2023 7:03 PM

The gays already went through it (and still go through it) with Chic Fil-a, dear. ^

by Anonymousreply 115May 9, 2023 7:05 PM

R114, support for gays has not dropped. The only people who can't tell the difference between gays and trans are far right wing politicians and their idiotic Trumper lemmings and far left wing politicians and their idiotic Wokester lemmings.

The 70% of people who make up the middle of the road area called sanity are supportive of gays and know the trans are crazy.

by Anonymousreply 116May 9, 2023 7:30 PM

This just proves Repuglicans have no real problems with "cancel culture".

by Anonymousreply 117May 9, 2023 7:39 PM

[quote] I was pointing out that [R106] (and, I suppose, others) were either siding with the MAGA loons, or totally ignoring

People here who criticize what somebody, somewhere, did in putting Mulvaney on a Bud Light can are people who are looking at this rationally. You want everyone to only ever look at everything politically: “What view will benefit my ‘side’ politically? What view will detract from my ‘side’ politically?” That how you decide what your “beliefs” are, and not by using logic, integrity, or any sense of right and wrong. Aligning the brand with a figure who is highly controversial and highly polarizing and someone who your customers have a low favorability rating of is illogical, unless your intent is to hurt sales and the brand.

by Anonymousreply 118May 9, 2023 7:40 PM

[quote]unless your intent is to hurt sales and the brand.

Could have been. To troll.

by Anonymousreply 119May 9, 2023 7:43 PM

The only people drinking this piss now are Yassss Kweens who vaguely keep up with the news and want to virtue signal.

by Anonymousreply 120May 9, 2023 8:04 PM

And they make sure to post about it on their social media, R120.

by Anonymousreply 121May 9, 2023 8:10 PM

[quote] That marketing VP is fucked, she may need to switch careers

I understand she is joining the Biden re-election staff as Chief Strategist

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122May 9, 2023 8:13 PM

Muriel is deleting Bud Light threads.

This thread will be killed.

by Anonymousreply 123May 9, 2023 11:47 PM

The state apparatus should control the means of production in order to further trans rights and acceptance. Bud Light should be the only beer produced and people should accept a trans spokesperson for their own good.

Gulags for anyone who disagrees.

by Anonymousreply 124May 10, 2023 1:16 AM

It's not just Dylan Mulvaney. It's the VP of marketing saying Bud Light wants to distance themselves from their customrs. Well, her wish has been granted.

by Anonymousreply 125May 10, 2023 6:16 AM

[quote] Muriel is deleting Bud Light threads.

And people are questioning why site participation is fading

by Anonymousreply 126May 10, 2023 6:23 AM

I expect Annheuser-Busch will soon release commercials featuring a longshoreman chucking Bud Light bottles at trans people’s heads.

by Anonymousreply 127May 10, 2023 6:44 AM

[quote]Annheuser-Busch

Oh dear

by Anonymousreply 128May 10, 2023 1:58 PM

Lulz^

by Anonymousreply 129May 10, 2023 1:59 PM

R126 yeah I’m about to wits end with this shithole. It’s so far left and the red-tagging and deletion of threads to push a certain agenda are tiring. The wokies would say THEN LEAVE! but if you left them in an echo chamber with each other then they’d just launch into a victim Olympics and purity tests until they were fighting amongst themselves, until the biggest victimized wokie emerged.

“You don’t believe in infant transitions?!?!?”

“I’m a neurodivergent, BIPOC, disabled, womyn of color, Trans, Black, rape victim, incest survivor, living in poverty with Monkeypox and AIDS!!!”

by Anonymousreply 130May 10, 2023 2:09 PM

Madam, will you receive Mrs. Ann Heuser-Busch in the parlor?

by Anonymousreply 131May 10, 2023 2:10 PM

Sure R130. The constant stream of trans-hating threads that sometimes veer into racist threads that somehow diverge into BUT WHAT ABOUT BLACK ON BLACK CRIME??? threads that somehow circle back to hating on trans people and also hating on Kids Today With Their Blue Hair and Their Rap Music means this site is totally Left Wing.

by Anonymousreply 132May 10, 2023 2:24 PM

R132 you okay?

by Anonymousreply 133May 10, 2023 2:28 PM

Go tranny, go broke?!

But seriously, know your demographic. Beer drinkers dont exactly have the most cosmopolitan of sensibilities. Was this genuinely to attract trans people (who account for a tiny demographic despite the current trend) or just pathetic virtue signalling?

by Anonymousreply 134May 10, 2023 2:36 PM

I know a lot of people in this thread think they're Savvy Marketing Professionals or whatever, but your ignorance is showing, dears.

Bud Lite didn't hire this Dylan person to appeal to trans beer drinkers. They did it to signal to Gen Z (who are quite liberal and are quite accepting of trans ppl) that Bud Lite Gets You.

They know that Kids Today don't really like Bud Lite. They drink a lot of White Claw, if they drink at all. Gen Z is quite into weed and edibles.

This was a stab at avoiding obsolescence.

So in "defending" their brand from Trans Invaders, the violent right-wing MAGA freakout has only insured that no one under 40 will ever touch it.

by Anonymousreply 135May 10, 2023 2:55 PM

r88 that's like saying the Cocacola Company will remain fine with Coke division hs a 26% drop in sales. Um, that's their most valuable product just like Bud Light for AB.

by Anonymousreply 136May 10, 2023 3:25 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137May 10, 2023 5:11 PM

I doubt this would have been so severe if the toothy chick hadn't given an interview denigrating the customers as fratty and douchey (douchiness implied). That really pissed people off, no one likes to be fucking lectured by a wokester.

by Anonymousreply 138May 10, 2023 5:21 PM

[quote]Bud Lite didn't hire this Dylan person to appeal to trans beer drinkers. They did it to signal to Gen Z (who are quite liberal and are quite accepting of trans ppl) that Bud Lite Gets You.

Well then they certainly didn’t Get the assignment as this was a major fail all around. Now all sides are mad at them.

by Anonymousreply 139May 10, 2023 6:46 PM

Yeah I don't blame the trans for being mad at them. They should have doubled down on defending him and instead they acted like they didn't even know about it. A worse crime than being tone deaf is being a total pussy. Say what you mean and mean what you say.

by Anonymousreply 140May 10, 2023 6:48 PM

Surely there was a better spokesmodel out there for Gen Z than freakin’ Dylan “I thought March Madness had something to do with shopping!” Mulvaney? No?

by Anonymousreply 141May 10, 2023 6:50 PM

[quote] Yeah I don't blame the trans for being mad at them. They should have doubled down on defending him and instead they acted like they didn't even know about it.

The initial anything with Mulvaney was wrong and doubling down would have been very wrong. Two wrongs don’t make a right. The only positive path forward is renouncing the connection to Mulvaney. Gay businesses will soon find new shiny trans to take their mind off yesterday’s trans, Mulvaney.

by Anonymousreply 142May 10, 2023 7:29 PM

I love the posters who comfort themselves that the MAGA Chuds are fine with gays - its only the trans they hate.

Keep telling yourself that, dear.

by Anonymousreply 143May 10, 2023 7:44 PM

R143, I can't speak for "MAGA Chuds" but Bud Light, in past years, has very publicly gone all in with sponsorships of LGBTQ+ orgs, causes, festivals, etc, with various custom rainbow cans and bottles.

None of the regular drinkers of Bud Light have ever protested or objected in any way, as far as I can tell.

It's the Mulvaney thing that set them off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144May 10, 2023 8:58 PM

True R138, thar asshole kid Rock would have been sold forgotten, but that interview was a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 145May 10, 2023 10:37 PM

The stock of Bud Light parent company Anheuser-Busch has been downgraded by analysts at HSBC who say the brand is in the midst of a “crisis” following the outcry over its ties to transgender social media influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

Carlos Laboy, a managing director at HSBC’s global beverage sector, downgraded the stock of Anheuser-Busch InBev to a hold status — meaning that investors should neither buy or sell shares of the company.

Laboy said that the backlash to the Mulvaney branding partnership is a sign that there are “deeper problems than ABI admits,” according to a note that was first reported by CNBC.

“Is ABI’s leadership getting the brand culture transformation right? It’s mixed,” Laboy wrote in a note that was published on Wednesday.

“At Ambev, we think the answer is ‘yes;’ in the US, we think it’s ‘no’,” Laboy wrote.

“The way this Bud Light crisis came about a month ago, management’s response to it and the loss of unprecedented volume and brand relevance raises many questions.”

“Why did its US leadership underestimate the risk of pushback given the recent experience of other firms?” Laboy wrote.

“Is A-B hiring the best people to grow the brands and gauge risk?”

“If Budweiser and Bud Light are iconic American ideas that have long brought consumers together, why did these marketers fail to invite new consumers without alienating the core base of the firm’s largest brand?” Laboy asked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146May 11, 2023 1:57 AM

Mike’s Hard Lemonade should hire an ex-gay. “As an ex-gay, the only thing hard I crave, is a Mike’s Hard. Mike’s Hard Lemonade”.

by Anonymousreply 147May 11, 2023 2:01 AM

Trans influencer Dylan Mulvaney has said she has been having trouble sleeping since a backlash erupted over her partnership with Bud Light and questioned what psychological effects being called a man thousands of times a day will have on her.

Her comments came during an episode of the 'Dear Schuyler' podcast, hosted by trans athlete Schuyler Bailar and which released on Monday.

You've been on the headlines a lot recently,' he said. 'Sometimes it's good, but a lot of times, I'm not going to tell you the headlines, a lot of times it's not so good.'

'Oh, I know,' said Mulvaney, before going on to explain how negative coverage affected her and that she has withdrawn from social media.

'I've been wondering a lot this past week what the psychological effects are, and will be, of being called a man thousands and thousands of times a day,' she said.

You've been on the headlines a lot recently,' he said. 'Sometimes it's good, but a lot of times, I'm not going to tell you the headlines, a lot of times it's not so good.'

'Oh, I know,' said Mulvaney, before going on to explain how negative coverage affected her and that she has withdrawn from social media.

'I've been wondering a lot this past week what the psychological effects are, and will be, of being called a man thousands and thousands of times a day,' she said.

by Anonymousreply 148May 11, 2023 3:17 AM

Cry me a river.

by Anonymousreply 149May 11, 2023 3:27 AM

OH ffs, does anyone really believe he's trans? He's an actor and this is a role. I'm sure Daruf orphan and young men who went to Vietnam can empathize with the horror of being called what they are. The psychological effects...sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 150May 11, 2023 4:08 AM

[quote] OH ffs, does anyone really believe he's trans?

The "leader" of the Free World

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151May 11, 2023 4:38 AM

WHET his punchable face? Now it's so bloated? Hormones?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152May 11, 2023 6:09 AM

When large corporations embrace political issues it usually ends badly. They should just stick to selling their product and stay out of politics.

by Anonymousreply 153May 11, 2023 6:24 AM

R152: I was thinking about the same thing

Probably female hormones plus stress eating/drinking

by Anonymousreply 154May 11, 2023 6:30 AM

[quote]WHET his punchable face? Now it's so bloated? Hormones?

The body may be trying to revert back to its normal self.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155May 11, 2023 6:42 AM

Why is Bud Light boycotting Snoballs? I love Snoballs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156May 11, 2023 6:51 AM

He's never without a five o'clock shadow. It's hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 157May 11, 2023 6:52 AM

Because it was so fuckin stupid. And not because she’s trans. Because she was a fkin nobody. Laverne Cox makes more sense. So you randomly pick a tranny with a rich dad a lots of followers on social media who’s been on daytime talk shows that nobody watches anymore. It did not make sense. Mad people have a million followers on social media nowadays. She doesn’t watch football. She isn’t a comedian. Wtf sense did it make. I’m a communications major. Why the fuck would you pander in such asinine way. Think about the brand. Think about your mafuckin audience.

by Anonymousreply 158May 11, 2023 6:54 AM

R7 At least Dixie Chicks had some integrity and were standing up for a cause. And they won the long game. Because they still sell out arenas and can quite frankly say, we were right.

by Anonymousreply 159May 11, 2023 6:59 AM

R158, who is 'she'? Dylan is a man. A 'he'.

So many people are so fucking brainwashed.

by Anonymousreply 160May 11, 2023 6:59 AM

R160 I won’t go down that road. I respect the identity they like to present.

by Anonymousreply 161May 11, 2023 7:01 AM

R161, do you also believe that Rachel Dolezal is black or is it only womanface that you support so wholeheartedly?

by Anonymousreply 162May 11, 2023 7:02 AM

Men so so SO rarely look convincing as “women”. Facial structure always gives it away. What we end up with is uncanny valley, which creeps people out. I wish people could just accept the sex they were given and realise that, regardless of what anyone says, it’s perfectly fine to be a feminine male or a masculine female, which is what they are and always will be.

by Anonymousreply 163May 11, 2023 9:07 AM

[quote][R161], do you also believe that Rachel Dolezal is black or is it only womanface that you support so wholeheartedly?

Yes, I also believe she is black. I respect the identity they like to present.

by Anonymousreply 164May 11, 2023 9:43 AM

R164 I respect your consistency! But r162 s correct point was that the trans-racial view is considered Uber verboten in progressive circles despite the fact that a black woman and white mans baby is generally a middle shade but a man and a woman do not together have a man-woman baby, because that’s nonsensical. Trans race is MORE supported sociologically than trans gender, but both are illogical. Also, biological race as a construct is nonsensical and doesn’t exist, the only race is human. And that, in addition to being a feel-good line, is truth.

by Anonymousreply 165May 11, 2023 10:34 AM

R163: the Uncanny Valley indeed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166May 11, 2023 11:11 AM

R151’s post is why I’m not a fan of Joe Biden anymore.

by Anonymousreply 167May 11, 2023 11:51 AM

[quote]Yes, I also believe she is black. I respect the identity they like to present.

And transhandicapped?

by Anonymousreply 168May 11, 2023 11:52 AM

I respect that R164. I’m the same. I respect and would support all identities along with transgender like transracial, transhandicapped, ex-gay, transmarried - which I think is new, and could help a lot of single gay (or not single, I mean transmarried) men reap the benefits of marriage—tax breaks, etc. I think they can just claim to be married, or feel they are married, I don’t think the person has to actually exist.

If we are going to go down this road then I support all of these identities. I don’t support them individually however, only as a group. Unfortunately the other transes and ex-gays get ignored by the media and the public—stigmatized and mocked. I don’t support transgenderism by itself which is the only thing the media focuses on, and chastises everything else. It’s not fair and wrong. I want to see more representation of these groups, more visibility. I want to see them in the media, in public office—if this is the world we live then these groups are valid. You can’t pick and choose based on politics and prejudice.

by Anonymousreply 169May 11, 2023 12:04 PM

As we say on DataLounge: Who approved this?

I hate CEOs that don’t take responsibility. You never blame the customer. The Board of Directors should “resign” the CEO. But with the stock price drop, they probably don’t have enough money to pay him off.

They should hire the best crisis management team, stat!

by Anonymousreply 170May 11, 2023 12:05 PM

[quote]it’s perfectly fine to be a feminine male or a masculine female, which is what they are and always will be.

Many on this site just flat out do not agree. There was a so-called (not sure if it was true or not) post on a pitbull thread (now deleted) about a lesbian dog catcher who came for a pitbull in the poster’s neighborhood, as they claim. The poster was so homophobic towards this dog catcher because she was masculine. They went on and on about how masculine she was, calling her a “dyke”—the poster was just angry that she was masculine. It was very bizarre. I don’t know if the post was true because people tend to lie here, but regardless if the dog catcher was fictitious or not, to get that upset over a masculine lesbian was just bizarre. I see that anger directed towards feminine gay men and masculine lesbians on this site.

by Anonymousreply 171May 11, 2023 12:31 PM

When Dylan first posted with the Bud Light can, my first thought was that it was bad for Dylan’s brand. What connection would there be in anyone’s mind between Dylan and the product? It should have been something that Dylan wrote a thank you note to AB and didn’t publicize it at all, so that it didn’t look like Dylan was endorsing literally anything that came Dylan’s way. Celebrities need to be selective in what they choose to endorse. Can you imagine Fran Lebowitz doing an endorsement for a brand of firearms or a brand of agricultural products? It’s totally ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 172May 11, 2023 2:33 PM

R169 And what of anorexics who claim they're fat? Do you support that too? Do you agree with them? What a good and virtuous person you are, enabling people's mental illnesses! Shout it from the rooftops that you support the grifting Mulvaney but maybe be a little quieter about Rachel Dolezal cause it's acceptable to support her.

by Anonymousreply 173May 11, 2023 2:39 PM

*not acceptable

by Anonymousreply 174May 11, 2023 2:41 PM

Sure, R173. If America is going to go down this road, I accept every identity.

by Anonymousreply 175May 11, 2023 2:42 PM

R171, then that’s exactly where we should be focusing our resources on: liberating society from oppressive gender roles.

It used to be a liberal tenet…there was even a children’s book with accompanying record & cartoon TV show about it in the 1970s called “Free to Be You & Me.”

Ironically, today’s progressives are illiberal:

* they call homosexuals “qu**r” despite our pleas not to

* they invented new misogynist slurs to keep women in their place (TERF, Karen, etc.)

* they promote pron & prostitution as empowering to women & girls

* they’re erasing Title IX

* they compel speech…rape victims are forced in court to refer to their male rapists as women.

* they’re violating the Geneva Conventions by locking up female prisoners with men…men who are convicted of crimes against women.

* they’re promoting medication dependency & cosmetic surgery

* Drag Queen Story Time is more important to them than finding the children who were separated from their families at the border under Trump.

It’s ridiculous. We are in a silent World War. And we are losing.

I never thought in a million years that I would find out first hand what it must have been like for the Germans who saw the writing on the wall that the holocaust was underway.

We here on DL wanted to drop the T several years ago if not a decade. We are the canaries in the coal mine & nobody is listening to us.

History will see this as the atrocity it is. We learned nothing from the OxyContin, lobotomy, eugenics, thalidomide babies, scandals of the past. We’ve learned nothing from the Red Scare, witch burnings, Jim Jones, Hitler, Trump, etc.

by Anonymousreply 176May 11, 2023 2:52 PM

Free to be you and me was the best!

by Anonymousreply 177May 11, 2023 2:57 PM

"[R158], who is 'she'? Dylan is a man. A 'he'. So many people are so fucking brainwashed."

Why can't you just let people identify the way they choose to live their own lives...??

How is this so important to you?

Do people tell you that you can't do certain things in your life which you have chosen?

by Anonymousreply 178May 11, 2023 3:06 PM

Oh shoot, I WW’d R178 by accident. I was upvoting this:

[quote]"[[R158]], who is 'she'? Dylan is a man. A 'he'. So many people are so fucking brainwashed."

Learn to fucking quote.

by Anonymousreply 179May 11, 2023 3:11 PM

[quote]Little did they know that a big chunk of their core demo are fragile snowflakes who melt down into a violent fury at the idea that someone not like them drinks beer.

Deplorables aren't exactly complicated creatures. They're actually quite predictable. I wasn't surprised at all with Kid Rock's response.

by Anonymousreply 180May 11, 2023 3:14 PM

R178, Why can't you just let people speak the way they choose to live their own lives...??

Why is controlling how other people think or talk so important to you?

Do people tell you that you can't do certain things in your life which you have chosen?

by Anonymousreply 181May 11, 2023 3:29 PM

[quote] they call homosexuals “qu**r” despite our pleas not to

Don't you hate it when people call you things you ask them not to?

by Anonymousreply 182May 11, 2023 3:38 PM

[quote]Don't you hate it when people call you things you ask them not to?

Yes, exactly. When Rachel Dolezal is called white, it’s offensive. She should have never stepped down from her position at the NAACP. That was bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 183May 11, 2023 3:43 PM

[quote]I think they can just claim to be married, or feel they are married, I don’t think the person has to actually exist.

Lordy.

by Anonymousreply 184May 11, 2023 3:49 PM

R182 Yes, for example, I hate being called "cis".

by Anonymousreply 185May 11, 2023 3:50 PM

I think I read about transmarriage here, R184.

by Anonymousreply 186May 11, 2023 3:52 PM

I’m fine with a conservative, GOP-donating company like Anheiser-B dying

by Anonymousreply 187May 11, 2023 4:24 PM

[quote]the company beat first-quarter earnings and revenue estimates

Oh but I have been reliably informed by the Datalounge Anti-Trans Troll Brigade, of which there are at least 350 accounts controlled by four or five people total -- that Bud Light is "extremely fucked." Please take your quotes from reliable sources elsewhere!

by Anonymousreply 188May 11, 2023 4:30 PM

r171 just FYI, during Prime Time, two people showed up on the Reddit group for DL, saying they got banned for posting shit about lesbians.

I'm seeing more and more trashy lesbian-hating posts on DL lately, and they're often in these trans threads. Not sure if it's the fake lesbians finally admitting they're straights who are trolling DL, or if it's just general fuckery from the tiny handful of trolls we have on here who like to constantly shit on various groups, but it is getting worse.

by Anonymousreply 189May 11, 2023 4:33 PM

[quote] Little did they know that a big chunk of their core demo are fragile snowflakes who melt down into a violent fury at the idea that someone not like them drinks beer.

When Senator Warren showed herself drinking a beer at home, I think they just laughed at the idea of a East Coast elite trying to act like an ordinary American.

by Anonymousreply 190May 11, 2023 4:51 PM

[quote]* they call homosexuals “qu**r” despite our pleas not to

Who's "they"? Who's "our"? Where were these pleas made? Court? The Hague?

[quote]* they invented new misogynist slurs to keep women in their place (TERF, Karen, etc.)

They did? Where? At *their meeting? Was Soros there?

[quote]* they promote pron & prostitution as empowering to women & girls

They do? Who? You have heard of "sex-positive feminism"? It's been a thing since 1991.

[quote]* they’re erasing Title IX

They are? Who? How? Women play sports all over the country at every level. You're hyperventilating, dear.

[quote]* they compel speech…rape victims are forced in court to refer to their male rapists as women.

They are? When? Who did?

[quote]* they’re violating the Geneva Conventions by locking up female prisoners with men…men who are convicted of crimes against women.

Oh dear. Like Slobodan Milosevic??

[quote]* they’re promoting medication dependency & cosmetic surgery

Now you're talking about Trump's ex wives and Fox News Hostesses.

[quote]* Drag Queen Story Time is more important to them than finding the children who were separated from their families at the border under Trump.

It is? To who? Where? When?

Dear, are you OK?

by Anonymousreply 191May 11, 2023 4:55 PM

[quote] I have been reliably informed by the Datalounge Anti-Trans Troll Brigade, of which there are at least 350 accounts controlled by four or five people total

The two people on here who are apologists for trans extremism and accuse others of being anti-trans post from multiple accounts, but they, on the other hand, use a lot fewer than that.

by Anonymousreply 192May 11, 2023 4:56 PM

R189, the lesbian haters are the trannies. Where have you been? They hate women but they especially hate lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 193May 11, 2023 5:16 PM

Suck my girl dick R193!

by Anonymousreply 194May 11, 2023 5:17 PM

R188 Do you think the word 'troll' has some type of magical power?

Do you think that you can make a lie become true just by repeating it?

Do you have difficulty separating objective, tangible reality from your fantasies?

by Anonymousreply 195May 11, 2023 5:24 PM

Yes, if I want "objective, tangible reality" i'll listen to some rando eldergay with a hate-boner for trans ppl.

by Anonymousreply 196May 11, 2023 5:59 PM

R188 The massive losses that A-B sustains can simply identify as profits. It's easy!

by Anonymousreply 197May 11, 2023 6:44 PM

It's interesting how gleeful the Klan Grannies are about all this.

Why do you think you're different (in their eyes) than Dylan? Because you wear cargo shorts?

Deluded.

by Anonymousreply 198May 11, 2023 6:55 PM

R198 What? trans is not the same as gay. Caitlyn Jenner still dates women. The contestant on Jeopardy is married to a woman.

Drop the T.

by Anonymousreply 199May 11, 2023 7:01 PM

R198 I don't wear clothes that make me look like a lunatic trying desperately to mimic something I can never and will never be.

Sometime that's cargo shorts.

by Anonymousreply 200May 11, 2023 7:09 PM

I mean - congratulations on your wardrobe choices but its just funny to me that you all seem to think that the MAGA crowd won't turn on you all one day.

by Anonymousreply 201May 11, 2023 7:24 PM

Bud Light did years of rainbow marketing without pushback. One trans person triggered this. It's not hard to figure out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202May 11, 2023 7:28 PM

Is that why you donn't admit objective truths? Because the maga crowd agrees with them? All you fucking do is say things like, "well nazis think that too!" so what? The truth is the truth. Nazis also drove cars, so do you not do that? Your stance is fucking ridiculous and used as an obfuscation.

by Anonymousreply 203May 11, 2023 7:29 PM

No, dear.

You are a bigot who agrees with fellow bigots. Only, you're a bigot who is ALSO a member of a hated minority. And you and all your ilk have deluded themselves into thinking that the same forces that went after this Dylan person with such cruel violence won't also go after you.

Because...you think your shared hatred will be like a shield?

Fucking idiots.

by Anonymousreply 204May 11, 2023 7:33 PM

R204 Words are not violence in the real world.

by Anonymousreply 205May 11, 2023 7:43 PM

Ha ha ha

by Anonymousreply 206May 11, 2023 7:46 PM

[quote]The whole purpose of using the Dylan lady

Stop calling it a lady. It’s a man in a dress.

by Anonymousreply 207May 11, 2023 7:54 PM

R204 Bigoted like the trans men who call us faggots and transphobes because we like dick? The trans men are especially nasty against gays. The only difference is that they are allowed to be. Any maga person who said the things they say would be canceled. But of course they have no consequences.

by Anonymousreply 208May 11, 2023 7:59 PM

[quote] Yes, for example, I hate being called "cis".

R185 and straight people objected initially to the use of ‘straight’ or ‘heterosexual’ and everyone seems to have calmed down. My advice to you is get over yourself and stop being so sensitive x.

Great post R191.

by Anonymousreply 209May 11, 2023 7:59 PM

Why R209? Why call myself anything that is self evident. We don't call the majority of people "arm havers" because a small amount of people don't have their arms.

by Anonymousreply 210May 11, 2023 8:05 PM

R210 wow whoooooosh

by Anonymousreply 211May 11, 2023 8:19 PM

[quote]Words are not violence

I mean after years of rape threats and death threats and mass shootings from MAGA lunatics, it's really a good idea to comfort yourself with that old chestnut.

by Anonymousreply 212May 11, 2023 8:34 PM

[quote]Trans influencer Dylan Mulvaney has said she has been having trouble sleeping

[bold]Day 465 of Being A Woman:[/bold]

"Ladies, at bedtime, try shoving some of those free Tampax you get for being a woman, into your ears to block out noise...you'll sleep like a baby!"

-Dylan

by Anonymousreply 213May 11, 2023 10:40 PM

R212 Where is the 'cruel violence'? Nobody has touched Dylan, who is monetizing the fuck out this. Why can't you be truthful?

by Anonymousreply 214May 11, 2023 10:41 PM

[Quote] Bud Light did years of rainbow marketing without pushback. One trans person triggered this. It's not hard to figure out.

No, a trans person didn’t trigger this. The right wing which has focused on stigmatizing trans this election cycle triggered this.

by Anonymousreply 215May 11, 2023 10:44 PM

[quote][R204] Bigoted like the trans men who call us faggots and transphobes because we like dick?

If the shoe fits, you Nazi cunt.

by Anonymousreply 216May 11, 2023 10:44 PM

"Ladies, when faced with LITERAL VIOLENCE, I like to change into a cute little Nike sports bra and those cute little bike shorts (embracing the bulge, of course) and RUN!"

by Anonymousreply 217May 11, 2023 11:01 PM

R152, I don't think it is hormones. He never get rid of his facial hair which shows he wanted to present as a man again someday. I think he is just overeating which is accelerating the end of his twink looks.

by Anonymousreply 218May 11, 2023 11:15 PM

Basically, don’t mess with a product that white trash enjoy as is.

They are easily manipulated by politicians to believe whatever the made up controversy of the day is.

Don’t advertise with brown people, Muslims, LGBT, Jews, immigrants, etc

by Anonymousreply 219May 11, 2023 11:21 PM

Bud light HAS advertised with "brown people," Jews, immigrants, and, as pointed out several times above, they have extremely publicly backed LGBTQ+ causes with rainbow cans and bottles and the whole nine yards.

None of those campaigns have ever been a problem. None have led to protests.

(Note: I don't think they've ever advertised to Muslims. I've never seen an alcoholic beverage directly target Muslims in their ads. But it's such a stupid, offensive idea that I wouldn't put it past the current brand team to run with it.)

by Anonymousreply 220May 11, 2023 11:34 PM

Over the past couple of decades pretty much every boycott I've seen was by progressives . Limbaugh's advertisers, Fox's advertisers, the state of Georgia, Chick-fil-a, Florida, etc California banned state travel to 22 states

I don't think even one of them worked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221May 11, 2023 11:34 PM

[Quote] Bud light HAS advertised with "brown people," Jews, immigrants, and, as pointed out several times above, they have extremely publicly backed LGBTQ+ causes with rainbow cans and bottles and the whole nine yards. None of those campaigns have ever been a problem. None have led to protests.

They were problems because the GOP hadn’t targeted those populations to hate at exactly the same time

by Anonymousreply 222May 12, 2023 12:12 AM

[Quote] they have extremely publicly backed LGBTQ+ causes with rainbow cans and bottles

Not in white trash towns. Those rainbow cans were limited to big cities

by Anonymousreply 223May 12, 2023 12:13 AM

[quote]Over the past couple of decades pretty much every boycott I've seen was by progressives

The MAGA Chuds are the most easily triggered bunch of crybabies on earth. The have boycotted:

Nike

Keurig

The NFL

Amazon

Nordstrom's

Pepsi

NASCAR

M&Ms

Baseball

One can go on

by Anonymousreply 224May 12, 2023 8:47 AM

R222 Caitlyn Jenner was not embraced when she started dressing as a woman; she became a punchline. Americans' inherent and long-standing distaste for transsexuals is not the result of Republican politicians.

by Anonymousreply 225May 12, 2023 12:55 PM

Brava!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226May 12, 2023 2:06 PM

[quote] Caitlyn Jenner was not embraced when she started dressing as a woman; she became a punchline.

A man who is a former athlete starts dressing as a woman - in what world does that not cause people to laugh?

by Anonymousreply 227May 12, 2023 2:11 PM

R226 is saying BRAVA to a trans-hating fat girl who is a Jan 6th truther. Cool.

by Anonymousreply 228May 15, 2023 10:54 AM

Fat girl? What cunts you tras are, boiling women down to their looks. Cool.

by Anonymousreply 229May 15, 2023 2:16 PM

R219 Oh please. These hillbillies watch Monday night football and would gladly by any product by a product a black or Muslim super athlete or say Russell Wilson. Dylan was so pretentious, has no clout, doesn’t watch sports, and was the worst case of pandering I’ve seen in some time. They deserve the backlash. Plus the rich daddy is obviously pulling the strings for this ADHD cunt parody of a woman.

by Anonymousreply 230May 15, 2023 11:30 PM

Plus Bud Light is too popular of a brand for it to be only rednecks buying it. I’ve been to many a black barbecues with bud light present.

by Anonymousreply 231May 15, 2023 11:33 PM

Wall Street analysts have downgraded the stock and some have commented that the handling of the crisis reflects poorly on upper management.

by Anonymousreply 232May 16, 2023 12:01 AM

𝑴𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒓 𝑳𝒊𝒕𝒆 also tries woke rebranding.

No more hot supermodels in bikinis. Just plain looking feminist farmers covered in flannel and overalls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233May 16, 2023 12:08 AM

R233 Seems like a good time to stay in your lane but...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234May 16, 2023 12:40 AM

Weird, starbucks has always been like that, they pay for sex change surgery after people have worked there for 3 months I think. It's why so many trans get jobs there, get the surgery, and then quit. It's nothing new for them.

by Anonymousreply 235May 16, 2023 4:57 AM

Starbucks is a stealth Exodus International.

by Anonymousreply 236May 16, 2023 4:59 AM

Did Starbucks help gay youth homelessness back in the early 2000s to present? Gay homeless shelters were built solely because of this issue.

by Anonymousreply 237May 16, 2023 5:01 AM

R233 who is responsible for that ad? The presenter is the most obnoxious, annoying, passive aggressive cunt imaginable. I couldn’t watch for more than 20 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 238May 16, 2023 8:21 AM

[quote] who is responsible for that ad? The presenter is the most obnoxious, annoying, passive aggressive cunt imaginable.

I don't actually know but my guess would be you should thank a woke Ivy League female MBA.

by Anonymousreply 239May 16, 2023 8:39 AM

R229 - what's a tras?

Is that like a bra for Old Gays?

by Anonymousreply 240May 16, 2023 10:14 AM

That ad makes it sound like women invented beer, but they merely helped with the brewing from the get-go.

However, it was men who came up with it, as with most inventions.

by Anonymousreply 241May 16, 2023 10:24 AM

[quote] who is responsible for that ad?

Found it. I guessed the wrong school, but otherwise .....

𝑬𝒍𝒊𝒛𝒂𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒉 𝑯𝒊𝒕𝒄𝒉. was one of the leads responsible for the creation of the controversial advertisement. The Chicago, Illinois-native has also been the Marketing Director for Molson Coors’ Hard Seltzers in the past. A few other roles she had taken up in MillerCoors includes marketing manager, associate brand manager and regional business analyst amongst others.

Hitch obtained her 𝐌𝐁𝐀 from Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management. She graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in marketing and finance from Marquette University.

The advertising campaign was spearheaded by an all-female team, the company announced in a press release, and 'continues the brand's work empowering women in beer.'

Last year, the company released a new can featuring Mary Lisle, the first-known female brewer, for July 4. The campaign was the brainchild of Elizabeth Hitch, the senior director of marketing for Miller Lite (pictured)

The campaign was the brainchild of 𝑬𝒍𝒊𝒛𝒂𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒉 𝑯𝒊𝒕𝒄𝒉, the senior director of marketing for Miller Lite

Instead of its typical slogan 'A Fine Pilsner Beer,' the Mary Lisle cans read: 'There’s No Beer Without Women.'

'This Women's History Month, Miller Lite wanted to recognize that without women, there would be no beer,' Elizabeth Hitch, the senior director of marketing for Miller Lite, said in a statement announcing the launch of the 'Bad $#!T to Good $#!T' campaign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242May 16, 2023 11:15 AM

And, of course, she's a white, blonde woman -- the wokiest woke who ever woked.

by Anonymousreply 243May 16, 2023 11:35 AM

Couldn't get through even half of it. Scolding, finger-waving feminist bull crap revising historical fact...no thank you. Miller Lite, like Bud Lite is garbage quality PSEUDO-beer, anyway. I only buy and drink local craft beer..and it is always produced by MEN.

by Anonymousreply 244May 16, 2023 11:41 AM

Bud Lite is now the tranny beer. Miller Lite is the now ladies' beer. What are these ad execs smoking?

by Anonymousreply 245May 16, 2023 11:43 AM

"Instead of its typical slogan 'A Fine Pilsner Beer,' the Mary Lisle cans read: 'There’s No Beer Without Women.'"

True. The men drink the beer and then beat the women.

by Anonymousreply 246May 16, 2023 11:46 AM

R240 Trans rights activists aka men's rights activists

by Anonymousreply 247May 16, 2023 1:52 PM

It's so funny how panicky men react to women's cultural assertions exactly the same way throughout time. Anger, hatred, violence, persecution complexes.

They did it in the 70s, the 90s and they do the same thing today.

by Anonymousreply 248May 16, 2023 2:48 PM

Sorry your dick is so small, R241.

by Anonymousreply 249May 16, 2023 5:07 PM

Nobody wants to drink like a woman.

by Anonymousreply 250May 16, 2023 8:44 PM

Not all of us imbue our beer with genders and personalities. To normal people, it's just beer.

by Anonymousreply 251May 16, 2023 8:47 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252May 19, 2023 12:21 PM

It's so weird that people are cheering that Bud Light's stock is going down just because it featured a specific person--a person who never did anything bad to anyone else, isn't violent, isn't a criminal, isn't a negative person.

If this is making you feel happy, there's something wrong with you.

by Anonymousreply 253May 19, 2023 12:30 PM

[quote] Typically in these boycott scenarios, a company will suffer for a few weeks and then rebound to regain some, if not all, of its previous sales. But that does not seem to be happening with Bud. If the brand is going to keep posting earnings that are down 20 percent or so year-over-year, that is a significant loss.

It’s not a boycott, per se. The perception of the brand has changed and the sales reflect the new feeling people have toward it. As an analogy, think of a clothing brand that used to be thought of as cool but now is considered to be uncool. People don’t “boycott” the clothing. They just don’t want to be associated with it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 254May 19, 2023 12:40 PM

[quote] It’s not a boycott, per se. The perception of the brand has changed and the sales reflect the new feeling people have toward it.

Over twenty years of successful branding poured down the drain in a single week

"It's like, we need to evolve and elevate this incredibly iconic brand. And my...what I brought to that was a belief in, okay, what does evolve and elevate mean? It means inclusivity. It means shifting the tone. It means having a campaign that's truly inclusive and feels lighter and brighter and different and appeals to women and to men."

Heinerscheid argued that "representation is sort of the heart of evolution. You've got to see people who reflect you in the work. And we had this hangover—I mean, Bud Light had been kind of a brand of fratty, kind of out-of-touch humor, and it was really important that we had another approach."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255May 19, 2023 12:54 PM

r253, do you really believe that’s what’s going on here??

by Anonymousreply 256May 19, 2023 1:04 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257May 19, 2023 1:07 PM

[quote] [R253], do you really believe that’s what’s going on here??

That's EXACTLY what's going on here. The right has decided to vilify trans. Bud featured a trans person. The right responds by shooting up cans and boycotting

by Anonymousreply 258May 19, 2023 1:14 PM

[quote] Over twenty years of successful branding poured down the drain in a single week

None of these boycotts last. Bud will retool and rebrand and get every one of its customers right back

by Anonymousreply 259May 19, 2023 1:15 PM

Bud has been a big donor to the GOP. Couldn't happen to a worse company

by Anonymousreply 260May 19, 2023 1:16 PM

Anheuser-Busch stock is actually at about the same level it was in March, it seems to have gone up quite a bit around March 20th and didn't drop significantly until May 4th, and it's been in freefall ever since.

What happened on May 4th? They announced they were giving in to the rightwing crazies and would no longer use social media influencers for any kind of ad campaigns.

That means the stock has crashed [bold] because they pandered to the anti-trans nutjobs. [/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261May 19, 2023 1:24 PM

Ford has jumped into the fray. Their ad features a trans flag, but what's more interesting is that like Bud Light, they're aggressively rejecting years of product positioning.

Ford trucks have always been positioned as tough vehicles for working men. Past ads featured cowboys, ranchers, etc. Those are the very customers Ford is now repositioning to avoid.

I find these strategies interesting. Are gay and trans people big consumers of huge gas-guzzling pickup trucks? Do most gay and trans people need to have rainbows on things in order to buy them? I personally just buy whichever product seems to best meet my needs. I find the excessive rainbows to be pandering, as if to say, "hey, look at these rainbows! Who cares if the beer is good, who cares if you need a truck or whether it's reliable, and who cares whether our corporation is actually equitable, gay-friendly, honest, or earth-friendly? Just be dazzled by our rainbows, gay people, and buy, buy, buy without looking too closely!"

Clearly I'm an outlier since these campaigns obviously work. It reminds me of the marketing you used to see years ago, where they would market to women by making things pink. If you went to Walmart for a claw hammer, you'd see a bunch of perfectly serviceable black-handled hammers for reasonable prices, and then there'd be a hammer with a pink handle -- for girls, you see -- and it'd be smaller and inferior and more expensive. But why would a girl buy a black-handled hammer? Ew! Girls need a special hammer just for them, to reassure them that it's okay to use tools. And they should ignore those other hammers, no matter the price or quality. Just go for the girl hammer. Just go for the gay truck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262May 19, 2023 1:29 PM

Looking at A-B, it's exactly where it's always been.

It had a sudden rise in March and April and then dropped to its normal level.

I think the rise is actually due to its including Mulvaney and other social media stars in its advertising. The second A-B pulled back, the stick dropped back to normal levels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263May 19, 2023 1:31 PM

r258, how long have you been on DL?

Obviously, this is a gay board.

About 10 years or so ago, a DLr (Clayton) created a petition to Drop the T.

Your assertion that only the “right” take issue with T is verifiably incorrect.

Perhaps the majority of homosexuals is “anti-T”. Nobody knows for sure because nobody has ever asked…no polls, no votes.

We’ve been so bullied & terrorized by the Ts that it’s actually dangerous for us to speak out.

Are you at all curious as to why so many gays & lesbians are against T ideology?

Or are you so closed minded that you can’t bare to hear our opinions?

by Anonymousreply 264May 19, 2023 1:31 PM

[quote]About 10 years or so ago, a DLr (Clayton) created a petition to Drop the T.

[quote]Your assertion that only the “right” take issue with T is verifiably incorrect.

There is absolutely nothing to make us believe that "Clayton" was not a rightwinger using DL to push divide-and-conquer tactics. The Russian guy who started the California secession movement posted here, remember?

"Drop the T" was last seen in the manifesto of the rightwing psychopath who massacred people in a Buffalo grocery store because it was a Hispanic neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 265May 19, 2023 1:35 PM

[quote] We’ve been so bullied & terrorized by the Ts that it’s actually dangerous for us to speak out. Are you at all curious as to why so many gays & lesbians are against T ideology? Or are you so closed minded that you can’t bare to hear our opinions?

Sounds exactly like what straights said about gays when we demanded our rights.

by Anonymousreply 266May 19, 2023 1:36 PM

[quote] About 10 years or so ago, a DLr (Clayton) created a petition to Drop the T.

It's been a stated goal of the right wing to divide the LGBT coalition and "Drop the T" is just part of that nonsense.

I know tons and tons of gays and lesbians and NOT ONE is against "trans ideology,' whatever the hell that is. It sounds suspiciously like the the "gay agenda," which right told everyone to fear without exactly defining it.

by Anonymousreply 267May 19, 2023 1:38 PM

[quote]Are you at all curious as to why so many gays & lesbians are against T ideology?

They're not. We post the stats for you all the time, but when you're confronted with poll numbers showing that you're wrong, you say that LGBT people are "too scared to tell the truth to pollsters" and that's why "all the polls are wrong."

What you do is say all LGB hate the T and then, when asked for proof, say you can't provide it because all LGB are too scared to tell you what they really think about the T. It's a cute trick but no one's buying it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 268May 19, 2023 1:39 PM

[quote] Perhaps the majority of homosexuals is “anti-T”.

What does anti-T even mean? How can someone be anti-another person.

You sound just like the right wingers who proclaim, "I'm proudly anti-gay!" What does that even mean?

by Anonymousreply 269May 19, 2023 1:39 PM

r265, do you have any proof that Clayton was a right-winger?

Because I actually was in contact with him. And he eventually outed himself on Twitter. He’s just a normal gay guy.

by Anonymousreply 270May 19, 2023 1:42 PM

[quote] Ford has jumped into the fray. Their ad features a trans flag, but what's more interesting is that like Bud Light, they're aggressively rejecting years of product positioning.

Ford has relied on conservative white men buying its products. It realizes now that, as minorities are increasing, a white men not going to college and making good incomes, its market is quickly dying.

In order to attract other people to Ford, it has to reach out to everyone else. Showing the gay and trans flag is virtue signaling to progressives that they should re-consider Ford.

by Anonymousreply 271May 19, 2023 1:42 PM

[quote] do you have any proof that Clayton was a right-winger? Because I actually was in contact with him. And he eventually outed himself on Twitter. He’s just a normal gay guy.

It doesn't matter if he's a right winger. He's doing the right wing's bidding. And despite your fantasies, Drop the T hasn't become any sort of significant movement among LGBT. We all know we're politically stronger if we have more people in our tent.

The right wing is desperately trying to make this an issue--but if the last election was any proof, the rest of America rolled its eyes at this strategy and voted against the GOP

by Anonymousreply 272May 19, 2023 1:44 PM

Hilarious that white trash can't even do boycotts right. Anheiser-Busch's stock is right where it's always been

by Anonymousreply 273May 19, 2023 1:45 PM

r266, I was alive & gay in the 70s, 80s, & 90s.

The Ts are worse to homosexuals than Anita Bryant ever was.

And unsurprisingly, most Ts are HETEROSEXUAL.

Trans rights are men’s rights.

You are pissing on homosexuals so straight men can openly get off on their perversions.

You can’t admit the shameful truth. Pussy.

by Anonymousreply 274May 19, 2023 1:46 PM

[quote]do you have any proof that Clayton was a right-winger?

You don't have any proof that he wasn't, other than some vague claim that he was "outed on Twitter," which is ridiculous. Are you 12 years old? "Someone told me something on Twitter" doesn't mean anything.

by Anonymousreply 275May 19, 2023 1:47 PM

For r268

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276May 19, 2023 1:49 PM

Should have added at r275 that nearly every single anti-trans troll on here claims to be liberal, even as they post about how there are "too many blacks on commercials" or "go woke, go broke" or "this is why I won't vote Democrat anymore." You see it on Twitter, too. "Liberal feminist who will never vote blue again!" shit in their profiles.

On the off chance that you talked directly to "Clayton," even if he did tell you he was a liberal and wasn't lying about it, that doesn't mean anything except that he's a quisling.

by Anonymousreply 277May 19, 2023 1:49 PM

[quote] The Ts are worse to homosexuals than Anita Bryant ever was.

You don't know any T's.

by Anonymousreply 278May 19, 2023 1:50 PM

For r268

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279May 19, 2023 1:50 PM

T's are less than 0.6% of the population. All the animosity against them is orchestrated political stigmatizing.

by Anonymousreply 280May 19, 2023 1:51 PM

For r268

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281May 19, 2023 1:51 PM

R279--Like the 50 people in One Million Moms

by Anonymousreply 282May 19, 2023 1:52 PM

For r268

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283May 19, 2023 1:53 PM

For r268

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284May 19, 2023 1:54 PM

Gays Against Groomers hosts anti-LGBTQ rallies, alongside other far-right and anti-LGBTQ organizations such as Moms for Liberty, which have been attended by the Proud Boys. It was founded by Jaimee Michell, who had previously been employed by right-wing communications firms Arsenal Media and X Strategies. The group has been promoted by right-wing media outlets such as Fox News, One America News Network (OANN), and InfoWars.

LGB Alliance revealed their membership roster in a court case and most members are hetero, not lesbian or gay at all.

You can keep linking to all your propaganda but as I said, polls don't show that the LGB hates the T. You are posting propaganda and rightwing nutjob accounts and no polls on purpose, because you have no polls to back up your claim that the LGB are majority against trans people.

by Anonymousreply 285May 19, 2023 1:55 PM

R285 HAS GOT THE RECEIPTS!!

by Anonymousreply 286May 19, 2023 1:57 PM

Gays Against Groomers plays the exact playbook that the Russians have.

"Protect the kids!!!" Show very rare examples as if they're commonplace. Never actually define what harm is caused.

by Anonymousreply 287May 19, 2023 1:58 PM

r272, I disagree with you.

The Ts are doing the right-wing’s bidding. Caitlyn Jenner is a Republican. Trump is fine with Ts.

The Ts are homophobic & misogynistic.

They are legit dangerous to children.

And you support them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288May 19, 2023 2:02 PM

[quote] The Ts are doing the right-wing’s bidding. Caitlyn Jenner is a Republican. Trump is fine with Ts. The Ts are homophobic & misogynistic. They are legit dangerous to children.

Bullshit

Bullshit

Bullshit

and Bullshit

by Anonymousreply 289May 19, 2023 2:04 PM

r278 clearly ascribes to magical thinking.

Yes, I know & have known many, many Ts.

I was roofied & sexually assaulted by one.

by Anonymousreply 290May 19, 2023 2:05 PM

[quote] They are legit dangerous to children.

Where exactly is that long list of children damages irreparably by trans....? crickets

by Anonymousreply 291May 19, 2023 2:05 PM

[quote] Yes, I know & have known many, many Ts. I was roofied & sexually assaulted by one.

I was roofied and assaulted by a blond. That's why all blondes are evil and dangerous to children

by Anonymousreply 292May 19, 2023 2:06 PM

R280, it’s impossible to change sex. Therefore, Ts are 0% of the population.

But they have powerful friends, including the president of the United States.

And they are making hell on earth for homosexuals, women & children.

We are in a midst of an atrocity.

by Anonymousreply 293May 19, 2023 2:08 PM

R292, you have all my compassion. I’m sorry that you were victimized & wish you healing. ❤️

by Anonymousreply 294May 19, 2023 2:09 PM

r291, you should become familiar with the term “detransitioners.” In the coming years, you will hear a lot about how T ideology drove children to have their puberty stunted & healthy body parts mutilated.

There will be lawsuits.

🍿

by Anonymousreply 295May 19, 2023 2:12 PM

r289, in the real world, stamping your feet & throwing a tantrum gets you nowhere. Sorry you were taught otherwise as a child.

by Anonymousreply 296May 19, 2023 2:13 PM

[quote] it’s impossible to change sex. Therefore, Ts are 0% of the population.

It's impossible to be attracted to your same gender!

by Anonymousreply 297May 19, 2023 2:14 PM

[quote] you should become familiar with the term “detransitioners.”

Just like ex-gays, I assume. More bull shit from the right.

by Anonymousreply 298May 19, 2023 2:15 PM

[quote] T ideology drove children to have their puberty stunted & healthy body parts mutilated.

Children getting surgery is extraordinarily rare and reserved for extreme circumstances. Stop pretending it's a common occurrence.

If you don't like the hormones, just stop taking them. It's that easy

by Anonymousreply 299May 19, 2023 2:16 PM

Wow, I haven't seen the "I was raped by a tranny" troll in ages. They've been here so long that they almost certainly have to be an old regular who has created a sockpuppet persona account.

by Anonymousreply 300May 19, 2023 2:17 PM

r297 There's only sex. Gays are homosexuals, attracted to the same SEX. It's you, a homophobe, spreading the homophobic gender identity lunacy. Gays are supposed to be attracted to loons like Ellen Page, supposedly "male GENDER" according to you homophobe gender identity cultists?

by Anonymousreply 301May 19, 2023 2:17 PM

[quote] in the real world, stamping your feet & throwing a tantrum gets you nowhere. Sorry you were taught otherwise as a child.

Don;t you just hate it when your lying gets called out

by Anonymousreply 302May 19, 2023 2:17 PM

[quote] And they are making hell on earth for homosexuals, women & children.

the right is making it hell on earth for gays, women, and children.

And the reason I know you're a right wing troll, is you refuse to use the word gay and use "homosexual" instead/

by Anonymousreply 303May 19, 2023 2:18 PM

[quote] Gays are homosexuals, attracted to the same SEX

That's impossible. God didn't make Adam and Steve

by Anonymousreply 304May 19, 2023 2:19 PM

Cancer surgery and medication is also horrendous and mutilating for kids. BAN IT!!

by Anonymousreply 305May 19, 2023 2:20 PM

Breast ,chin, and nose augmentations should be banned in kids.

by Anonymousreply 306May 19, 2023 2:20 PM

R285 What a coincidence, most trans are heterosexual too!

by Anonymousreply 307May 19, 2023 2:21 PM

Now down 28% from last year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308May 22, 2023 1:37 PM

I really can't tell if the crazy anti-trans-loon is just a shitposter or genuinely insane.

by Anonymousreply 309May 22, 2023 1:48 PM

The people spearheading this grand cancelling are the very same people who lament over how awful “cancel culture” is.

by Anonymousreply 310May 22, 2023 1:53 PM

Back in the day they knew how to sell beer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311May 22, 2023 1:57 PM

Yes, I'm sure BARI WEISS is giggling with glee over this while writing another op-ed about how terrible Campus Liberals are.

by Anonymousreply 312May 22, 2023 2:09 PM

[quote]Cancer surgery and medication is also horrendous and mutilating for kids. BAN IT!!

Cancer surgery and medication serve a purpose. "Gender confirmation surgery" serves no medical purpose.

by Anonymousreply 313May 22, 2023 2:25 PM

[quote]Breast ,chin, and nose augmentations should be banned in kids.

Most legit surgeons will not do them on children.

by Anonymousreply 314May 22, 2023 2:26 PM

If Trans were so harmless and not violent and not mentally ill, we wouldn't be having debates over which prisons they belong in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315May 22, 2023 2:29 PM

They're getting bashed from both sides.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316May 22, 2023 2:50 PM

Wall Street Journal opines that Bud Light "blew it."

(Link is to a non-paywalled archive.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317May 22, 2023 2:53 PM

I'm confused how the transphobes think this 'scandal' or whatever you'd call it helps or proves their case. To me, all it shows is that there's an large portion of the american population that is transphobic and homophobic while also being very paranoid. Remember this is all over one instagram sponsored post...Dylan wasn't even employed or contracted by the company. One post. Bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 318May 22, 2023 4:15 PM

R318, it wasn't over one post. It's called a breaking point. It was simply the straw that broke the camel's back.

[quote]To me, all it shows is that there's an large portion of the american population that is transphobic and homophobic while also being very paranoid.

It's always fun when you just throw homophobia in there for no reason. Bud Light has been sponsoring gay events, putting out rainbow ads and cans, celebrating pride month for a long time with no backlash. America was finally supporting gay people. Even 50+% of Repugs were supporting gay rights. Then came the trans lunacy...

Trans are not gay and have nothing to do with us unless you also think leeches are part of the same group as whatever animal they are infesting and sucking dry at any given moment.

by Anonymousreply 319May 22, 2023 4:23 PM

R319 sums it up well. Let's add the fact that Mulroney is a transvestite, not transgender. His act is one long regressive, insulting stereotype.

Transgender runner Cecé Telfer was included in a Michelob light ad in '21 without pushback (that I recall). I think r319 has it -- this is the straw. The American public has woken up to this nonsense. I think the Lia Thomas controversy helped peak many.

by Anonymousreply 320May 22, 2023 4:50 PM

[quote]starbucks has always been like that, they pay for sex change surgery after people have worked there for 3 months I think. It's why so many trans get jobs there, get the surgery, and then quit. It's nothing new for them.

Starbucks just fired this Tranny in the UK who assaulted a customer for "misgendering."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321May 22, 2023 4:57 PM

Yes R321 and Vice did an interview with him that was laughable. He assaulted the guy filming and then slammed the door so hard the glass broke but in the interview he of course claims he doesn't know what happened and suddenly the glass was cracked or some nonsense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322May 22, 2023 5:01 PM

[Quote]The people spearheading this grand cancelling are the very same people who lament over how awful “cancel culture” is.

This is a boycott of a product. Canceling is about removing a person's platform or job.

by Anonymousreply 323May 22, 2023 5:03 PM

"I cut her off and told her she’s not getting served. I asked her to come to the till and get a refund. But instead, she started getting louder and louder. She was calling me ‘a man’ as much as she could, and calling my colleague who is a trans man ‘a woman’ in front of a full store of customers and colleagues.”

But we know this is bullshit as we can hear him loudly tell her she's not getting a refund.

by Anonymousreply 324May 22, 2023 5:06 PM

[quote] Trans are not gay

What about the ones claiming to be lesbians?

by Anonymousreply 325May 22, 2023 5:25 PM

[quote] this is the straw.

I think it’s the result of an enormous focus by conservative media, weird political influence groups, religious groups and legislators to ‘other’ trans people rather than any ‘great awakening’ by the American public. Again I really don’t see how “look how much these people that drink bud light hate trans people” does much for your type other than show that there’s a lot of hatred in conservative American for trans people.

On one hand you people go hell for leather trying to disprove any trans person’s claims that they’re under threat of violence in general society, then celebrate a boycott of a company and violence in stores etc (destruction of bud light products) due to a trans person making a sponsored post for a beer company. Which is it?

And yes transphobia and homophobia are very strongly linked so don’t think you’re separate from this lol.

by Anonymousreply 326May 22, 2023 5:40 PM

[quote] transphobia and homophobia are very strongly [bold]force teamed[/bold]

FIFY, r326.

T ideology is actually strongly homophobic.

See Iran for more details.

by Anonymousreply 327May 22, 2023 8:39 PM

[quote] And yes transphobia and homophobia are very strongly linked so don’t think you’re separate from this lol.

It is actually not.

You desperately want to lump yourselves to gay rights but you’ll never quite fit in because the Trans movement is homophobic

by Anonymousreply 328May 22, 2023 9:02 PM

It's so funny the way you dum-dums (or maybe just lying cynics) think that corporations slap a rainbow on a few pieces of product and suddenly they love gays.

Simpleminded.

by Anonymousreply 329May 22, 2023 9:08 PM

[quote]It is actually not.

It actually is.

[quote]the Trans movement is homophobic

No it isn't.

by Anonymousreply 330May 22, 2023 9:11 PM

Yes, it is, r330.

The Ts want to butcher likely gay kids.

They call us “cis” & “qu**r” against our wills.

They say lesbians who don’t like ladydick & gay men who don’t like front holes are transphobic.

They call anyone who stands us for HOMOSEXUAL rights “fascist” or “nazi.”

It’s impossible to change sex. T is a hoax.

by Anonymousreply 331May 22, 2023 11:05 PM

R329/R330 just state things and think people will just go along. It's always misdirection and lies.

[quote]It's so funny the way you dum-dums (or maybe just lying cynics) think that corporations slap a rainbow on a few pieces of product and suddenly they love gays.

What is even funnier is that no one said this. The point being made was that there was no huge backlash against those slapped on rainbows. It's the trans that have caused this backlash. Gays are supported by a much larger proportion of the country, even the conservatives.

The trans movement is both misogynistic and homophobic. It is literally a conversion movement to turn gay kids straight because they show atypical gender stereotypes. It's a regressive movement.

by Anonymousreply 332May 23, 2023 2:10 AM

[quote]I really can't tell if the crazy anti-trans-loon is just a shitposter or genuinely insane.

Porque no los dos?

by Anonymousreply 333May 23, 2023 2:16 AM

[quote] The people spearheading this grand cancelling are the very same people who lament over how awful “cancel culture” is.

It would be more to the point this entire episode exhibits the power of corporate advertising. But people forget that power can cut both ways.

For decades Bud Light advertising embraced masculinity, sports, and fellowship. This made Bud Light the

Then the woke female MBA changed the advertising to simpering psychotic men who pretend to be women. Again the power of advertising works selling the message the old costumes are not wanted.

Bottom line the customers did not cancel Bud. Bud cancelled its own historic buyers.

by Anonymousreply 334May 23, 2023 4:36 AM

R334 this made bud light the...what? I can't read for context even to know what you're saying. I agree with the latter part though.

by Anonymousreply 335May 23, 2023 4:46 AM

[quote] This made Bud Light the

leading beer in America.

Now sure how that happened.

by Anonymousreply 336May 23, 2023 4:52 AM

[quote]The Ts want to butcher likely gay kids.

They do? Who does? Do you know you can't operate on a child in this country unless a parent oks it? Unless a parent pays for it (since no health insurance will)? Do you know you need months and year of therapy to even be considered for this surgery? Do you know that there are, in a nation of over 300 Million people, a vanishingly small number of incidents of this? What other teeny things do you get upset about? Rhinoplasty on teenage girls? Boys taking steroids? Anything else?

[quote]They call us “cis” & “qu**r” against our wills.

Oh you poor thing!!!!!! Oh I may cry myself to sleep at the thought of your suffering.

[quote]They say lesbians who don’t like ladydick & gay men who don’t like front holes are transphobic.

They do? Who does? Where? When?

[quote]They call anyone who stands us for HOMOSEXUAL rights “fascist” or “nazi.”

"stands us"...oh dear.

[quote]It’s impossible to change sex. T is a hoax.

It really is, dear. You're wrong. And maybe a little obsessive compulsive? Maybe seek therapy.

by Anonymousreply 337May 23, 2023 1:48 PM

R337 "Unless a parent pays for it (since no health insurance will)? "

This is a lie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338May 23, 2023 1:55 PM

What's got to hurt the AB folks is that sales of Miller Lite and Coors Light are increasing inversely to the decrease in Bud Light sales.

In other words, people are switching. And since these beers are interchangeable cheap piss water, there's not much incentive for anyone to switch back, unless Miller or Coors does something equally unhelpful to their own brand.

Here's another analysis of the boycott's effects, published today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339May 23, 2023 2:04 PM

R337 "Do you know you need months and year of therapy to even be considered for this surgery?"

This is untrue. There are no enforced standards or regulations around this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340May 23, 2023 2:07 PM

R337 "Do you know that there are, in a nation of over 300 Million people, a vanishingly small number of incidents of this?"

Vanishingly small? This is a lie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341May 23, 2023 2:10 PM

R337, slurs are neither progressive nor liberal.

Please post one medical doctor saying it’s possible for a biological male to be become a biological female.

One.

Just a single MD.

⏱️

by Anonymousreply 342May 23, 2023 2:44 PM

The "Evidence" is unconvincing, dear.

The insurance link says over and over and over "all insurance is different. You can't depend on insurance to pay for your care."

So basically anyone without rich parents can't hope to get this care.

The "incidents" referred to aren't youth seeking service and care for their dysphoria but top surgery.

But, then again, why am I arguing facts and truth with insane assholes and trolls?

You hate trans people, probably because you also hate gay people but see this as a step.

Fuck you!

by Anonymousreply 343May 23, 2023 2:47 PM

R343 "since no health insurance will" is just one lie you told, among others.

Truth to you is something that is illusory, constantly shifting, much like your identity.

It is not good for trans people to be represented by someone so duplicitous who cannot maintain a civil dialogue.

by Anonymousreply 344May 23, 2023 3:02 PM

[quote] "since no health insurance will"

Who needs insurance. All you need is a five dollar Walmart necklace and a bright red lipstick and 𝘷𝘰𝘪𝘭𝘢 you are a woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345May 23, 2023 3:18 PM

[quote]to be represented...

"Represented"? What makes you think I represent anyone other than myself.

Baby - you need to drink something *without alcohol. Just once or twice.

by Anonymousreply 346May 23, 2023 4:54 PM

That's an opinion on one side of the debate, r340...note: could *not* can:

[quote]According to the commentary, the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) advises mental health screenings and recommends psychotherapy before any body modifications are made. However, such decisions could be made on a case-by-case basis.

[quote]It is still important for patients to provide informed consent before any hormonal or surgical procedure is conducted, acknowledging that they understand the procedures, the risks and benefits, consequences, and alternatives, the commentary noted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347May 23, 2023 5:22 PM

In 30 years in NYC I've met three trans people.

One is the son (formerly daughter) of a grad school friend who came out at 16. Her mom told her no hormone or surgical treatment until she's 19; three years later she decided she's nonbinary, and to my knowledge hasn't started any medical treatments.

Nebraska just banned surgery for trans kids. The total of trans kids in Nebraska would probably fit in a mid-sized sedan.

The GOP is stirring up crazy people for the sake of squeezing out a few outrage voters. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 348May 23, 2023 11:25 PM

The GOP (and the Klan Grannies on the DL who are likely English) are trying to stir up a nationwide moral panic on the lives of about 250 people.

by Anonymousreply 349May 24, 2023 11:04 AM

R348, how are you counting trans people? Are you counting the non-binaries? Are you counting straight males who identify as trans?

Or, are you only counting homosexuals who identify as trans? In other words, you only count the people who would fit the old definition of transsexual which includes a surgical/hormonal transition and would exclude the Dylan Mulvaney types?

Because in 2023, your numbers do not make sense. Perhaps, you have terrible transdar.

by Anonymousreply 350May 24, 2023 11:15 AM

Well, theoretically, the trans-hating loons are only wetting their panties over Trans Youth. Right?

I've heard over and over that it's just the age of the trans ppl involved that sparks OUTRAGE.

It's not complete hatred of the idea of being trans, right?

No. They're not bigots and lunatics.

They're just Very Concerned About Girls Sports and Child Safety.

by Anonymousreply 351May 24, 2023 11:21 AM

LGBTQ: Why I Stopped Supporting "The Community" - Gay and Tired of Trans

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352May 24, 2023 11:24 AM

Oh cool - some not-funny comic hates trans people? Like Ricky Gervais but without the money. And what's that eye makeup situation.

by Anonymousreply 353May 24, 2023 11:30 AM

R353, what's up with cutting your dick off and wearing womanface (which includes makeup)?

by Anonymousreply 354May 24, 2023 11:40 AM

These people's- trans rights activists - specialty is to keep changing words.

Here, they do not count non-binary on purpose. There, when others call out non-binary bullshit, they keep shouting "anti-trans".

Same goes for the rare minority of those who chop their dicks. Here, they only count them as real trans while talking about trans rights, respect for trans (including pronouns). There, when others call out the majority of trans who proudly keep their dicks like William Thomas, Bruce Jenner and I'm sure Richard Rachel Levine, etc., they again shout "anti-trans".

by Anonymousreply 355May 24, 2023 11:42 AM

R355, honey, the TRA move those goalposts so fast they must be rocket-propelled goalposts on greased skids.

You'll never win an argument with them, on any topic, and that's by design. You're meant to keep spinning your wheels till you're swamped with their bullshit and you've wasted half a day looking up facts and figures, only to find the goalposts have already moved so far you need binoculars to spot them. There's a word for this: sea-lioning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356May 24, 2023 12:04 PM

I'd be fine if A-B completely folded. It has contributed millions to GOP politicians.

by Anonymousreply 357May 24, 2023 12:12 PM

[quote] They're just Very Concerned About Girls Sports and Child Safety.

If they cared about child safety, they'd ban church

by Anonymousreply 358May 24, 2023 12:13 PM

[quote]The GOP (and the Klan Grannies on the DL who are likely English) are trying to stir up a nationwide moral panic on the lives of about 250 people.

The Sussex haters and the anti-transers are both very closely linked. Did you see that Telegraph article yesterday where they proudly announced that all of America hates Meghan and Harry because The Heritage Foundation said so? The Heritage Foundation is behind a whole host of laws and media events designed to vilify gays, drag queens, and trans, among others. It's no coincidence that they're now joining in on the Sussex issue.

Look at the comments under the Telegraph tweet about this and tell me that it's a coincidence that hundreds of Meghan haters are also anti-transers and homophobes who support The Heritage Foundation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359May 24, 2023 12:18 PM

I’m an anonymous nobody but I closely follow current events and love doing so.

On target: from the target message boards, 3 days ago you start to see mention of a fifteen min phone management had with stores to introduce the moving of pride items to the middle of the style section and to discuss general safety in stores. the pride move was framed as a move to increase swimwear sales, as swim was replacing pride at front of store. The employee grunts were pissed at the change, didn’t believe the swim sales story, and instead wished for the framing to be one of employee safety. Yesterday Fox News finds the story and reports it as driven by customer backlash. Target responds by embracing the safety story. Pravda-esque rags like the formerly trustworthy NBC news immediately run cover for target by prominently displaying the new justification in headlines. From what I can tell, they are undoubtedly facing customer backlash, and the key motivating item seems to be the tuck underwear and swim suits for kids. On the target message boards, employees assure each order these don’t exist and are proud boy inventions. In other places, you can follow the link to see the children’s item for sale on targets website. Personally, I would encourage all corporations to not market sexual orientation items to children. Sexual orientation isn’t relevant until puberty, and puberty is not a time for corporations— just you and the long line of therapists you need for growing up as a homosexual in a homophobic world. Target won’t help that and will hurt it.

by Anonymousreply 360May 24, 2023 12:24 PM

[quote] I'd be fine if A-B completely folded

Thank you Carrie Nation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361May 24, 2023 12:26 PM

I just don't even know what to do with someone who shows up and tells us that they know the truth because of something they read on "the target message boards" and demands we take their word for it.

Especially when that same person claims swimsuits are "sexual orientation items marketed to children."

by Anonymousreply 362May 24, 2023 12:27 PM

"Most people don’t care about this issue and don’t want to get roped into a conversation," Schuhmacher said. "Therefore they're not going to buy the beer."

In their minds now to to buy Bud Light is to actively support trans. There must be junior-high levels of peer pressure in some bars. All over one can of watery beer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363May 24, 2023 12:27 PM

R359, you’re delusional.

Nobody hates “trans” people.

Trans ideology is repellent. If you pulled your head out of her bubble & actually listened to homosexuals & women, you would LEARN how dangerous this delusional ideology is!

My dog, T supporters actually oppose free speech.

They oppose free assembly.

They want to dictate what other people say & think.

They are pro-violence.

They are pro-pharma.

They are pro-surgery. No matter if the surgery is experimental, cosmetic, risky, expensive & continuous.

None of those things are progressive or even liberal. Just the opposite, preventing free assembly & speech is illiberal. Having cosmetic surgery to emulate the opposite sex is regressive.

We know you don’t care about women & homosexuals…our pleas that this ideology is misogynistic & homophobic means nothing to you.

We also get it by now that you don’t care about children.

It’s impossible to change sex. This despicable ideology won’t last. It will be seen as a freak 21st century mass delusion. Future generations will try to figure out how & why so many people got sucked into it just like we’ve studied how normal Germans in WW2 went along with the holocaust.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364May 24, 2023 12:30 PM

Following up on r359, the OP of the linked thread is an anti-trans troll who calls everyone he disagrees with a "tranny" or "AGP," and is also behind a shit ton of Sussex hating troll threads.

These incessant threads about trans are by the same people who start the incessant threads about Meghan and Harry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365May 24, 2023 12:33 PM

R365 can’t defend this Toxic ideology so he STALKS & invents elaborate scenarios 🙄

by Anonymousreply 366May 24, 2023 12:38 PM

[quote] all of America hates Meghan and Harry because The Heritage Foundation said so? The Heritage Foundation is behind a whole host of laws and media events designed to vilify gays, drag queens, and trans

Just out of curiosity which category do Harry and Meghan fill? Gays, drag queens, or trans.

Personally I see them more as Furries.

by Anonymousreply 367May 24, 2023 12:46 PM

Did it occur to the MtF, who is literally on datalounge 24/7, to simply scroll past the trans posts and royal family posts that bother her so much?

Of course not.

One of the defining features of the current trans/gender fuckery movement is that they cannot handle opinions that they disagree with.

People having differing opinions drives them nuts.

Their need to control the narrative is all-consuming.

by Anonymousreply 368May 24, 2023 12:47 PM

[quote]the TRA move those goalposts so fast

The trans-hating loons have, so far, said their obsessions are about:

girls sports

protecting children

being against BIG PHARMA

protecting women

being outraged by bathroom incidents that don't happen

claiming trans people are pedophiles

claiming it's all ok for adults but just keep children out of it

going after the parents of trans kids

by Anonymousreply 369May 24, 2023 1:49 PM

R368 is a troll. How do I know? In less than an hour, he/she/it has been W&W 6 times for something this is neither witty nor wise., the hallmark of a troll post.

"One of the defining features of the current trans/gender fuckery movement is that they cannot handle opinions that they disagree with."

So says the assclown whose comrades in arms are getting books banned, stifling free speech, hate CRT (even though they know jack shit about it) and enjoy portraying themselves as perpetual victims.

by Anonymousreply 370May 24, 2023 2:03 PM

".... is a troll. How do I know? In less than an hour, he/she/it ...."

I think you meant "he/she/they"

by Anonymousreply 371May 24, 2023 2:31 PM

Your only post in this thread, r368?

[quote]One of the defining features of the current trans/gender fuckery movement is that they cannot handle opinions that they disagree with.

Oh, the irony.

by Anonymousreply 372May 24, 2023 3:13 PM

R368 is projecting like a 200-screen cineplex.

by Anonymousreply 373May 25, 2023 1:45 PM

[quote] Summer is coming and Bud Light sales will tick back up.

Bud Light 𝒔𝒂𝒍𝒆𝒔 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒉 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒌 even as retailers slashed prices — with one store charging $3.49 for a 24-pack — to get rid of the unwanted beer as the nationwide boycott over its partnership with Dylan Mulvaney continued.

The trade publication, which reviewed Nielsen IQ data, said Bud Light volumes for the week ending May 13 fell 28.4 percent, following a 27.7 percent drop the prior week.

Other Anheuser-Busch brands have also taken a hit, with Budweiser Red volumes down 14.9 percent and Michelob Ultra down 6.8 percent for the same time period.

Meanwhile, competitors are reaping the benefits of the controversy, with Coors Light sales up 16.9 percent and Miller Lite up 15.1 percent, according to the trade journal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374May 28, 2023 8:52 AM

Aisle after aisle in supermarkets across the nation appears to confirm that Bud Light is far from being the flavor of the week.

On what is considered by many Americans to be the unofficial start to summer, instead of shelves looking depleted from a Memorial Day weekend of partying and drinking, rows of store shelves sat packed with Bud Light and Budweiser in posts shared on social media.

Users across the country posted supermarket shelves stocked with Bud Light in their local stores, which appear to have been left completely untouched, as once loyal drinkers turn away from the brand.

Bud Light sales fell for the sixth consecutive week with retailers slashing prices — with one store charging $3.49 for a 24-pack and another offering a rebate that would see the beer being sold for free.

'This could be a promotional summer the likes we haven't seen since after Hurricane Katrina in 2005, where there was so much beer inventory backed up in the trade that it initiated the price war of all price wars,' Beer Business Daily stated in a recent report.

Bud Light volumes for the week ending May 13 fell 28.4 percent, following a 27.7 percent drop the prior week.

Anheuser-Busch has lost nearly $𝟏𝟗 billion with shares down 14 percent and in some cases has been giving its beer away for free.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375May 30, 2023 11:11 AM

It keeps ramping up. Now it's almost 30% off last year. The people who don't even watch the news are just now hearing about it. They want to stick it to the TransGayDemocratBidenImmigrantPOC menace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376May 30, 2023 11:36 AM

MONEYWATCH Bud Light loses its footing as America's best-selling beer (CBS Money Watch June 9, 2023)

Bud Light sales plunged in May, toppling the beer brand from its longtime perch as the nation's best-selling brew. (Per CBS News)

Parent company Anheuser-Busch InBev (ABI) sold $297 million worth of Bud Light for the four weeks ending May 28 — a 23% drop from the same time period the year before, according to consumer behavior data analytics firm Circana. Modelo Especial ranked No.1 in May, with $333 million in sales — a 15% increase from 2022.

The sales drop for Bud Light follows a promotion debacle with TikTok star Dylan Mulvaney, a trans rights activist and actress, that sparked an uproar among conservatives including singers Kid Rock and Travis Tritt, who called for a boycott of the popular beer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377June 10, 2023 4:26 AM

[bold]DROP THE TRAITOROUS TERF CUNTS![/bold]

by Anonymousreply 378June 10, 2023 4:30 AM

Dear Sir or Ma'am at 378.

Thank you for your input. However, we ran it by what's left of our marketing team, and he doesn't really think that would make a great advertising slogan for our Summer sales campaign. In between cleaning the restrooms, he suggested using something slightly less crazy. We tend to agree.

Thank you for your continued patronage.

Kindest regards,

Bud Light Management

by Anonymousreply 379June 10, 2023 5:05 AM

Bud stock closed today at 55.16 USD

+0.080 (0.15%) today

by Anonymousreply 380June 10, 2023 5:11 AM

Buy low, sell high (or drunk).

by Anonymousreply 381June 10, 2023 5:14 AM

I bought at 53. For humanitarian reasons I have suggested to people they can stop the boycott now.

by Anonymousreply 382June 10, 2023 5:21 AM

Odd that the right keeps saying that kids shouldn't get trans hormones and surgeries, but then boycott Bud because it featured a trans ADULT.

They keep saying, "Adults can do whatever they want; just don't mess with kids!"

I guess they're just being hypocrites again

by Anonymousreply 383June 15, 2023 10:39 PM

R383, most of Mulvaneys followers are kids.

by Anonymousreply 384June 16, 2023 1:13 AM

R384, so?

Shooting cans with her picture on it is great for kids?

by Anonymousreply 385June 16, 2023 1:29 AM

She’s grooming them to become trans!!

by Anonymousreply 386June 16, 2023 1:30 AM

He. Dylan Mulvaney is a man.

by Anonymousreply 387June 16, 2023 1:32 AM

She, and fuck you

by Anonymousreply 388June 16, 2023 1:37 AM

Damn, American “men” are such snowflakes. Threatened by an ad so they now can’t drink something they seem to like?

by Anonymousreply 389June 16, 2023 1:47 AM

He. It’s impossible to change sex.

by Anonymousreply 390June 16, 2023 1:47 AM

Well, r389, at least they’re not threatening suicide if they get “misgendered”.

by Anonymousreply 391June 16, 2023 1:48 AM

[Quote] It’s impossible to change sex.

Impossible to attracted to someone of the same sex

by Anonymousreply 392June 16, 2023 1:49 AM

Omg, r392 😂

by Anonymousreply 393June 16, 2023 2:02 AM

R20, I think many people are hoping that the boycott will cause other corporations to back away from supporting transgenderism. Corporations provide a lot of the financial support to T organizations. For example, Target helps to fund gender indoctrination programs in schools. That needs to stop.

by Anonymousreply 394June 16, 2023 5:05 AM

It's "he" does anyone buy that he's trans? Come on! he's just an attention whore. No surgery, no hormones, 5 o clock shadow, he'll be back to being a dude soon, well you know what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 395June 16, 2023 5:12 AM

Yeah, the fact that he failed to remove his facial hair is one of the signs that he is not trans. He knows he doesn't want to still be dressing up as a little girl when he's in his 40s.

Andrew Sullivan isn't buying the act either: "Dylan Mulvaney is GAY not TRANS"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396June 16, 2023 5:19 AM

SLAY….?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397June 16, 2023 12:00 PM

Or NAY…?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398June 16, 2023 12:01 PM

R396, the fact that it’s impossible to change sex means he’s not trans.

by Anonymousreply 399June 16, 2023 12:05 PM

[quote] Target helps to fund gender indoctrination programs in schools. That needs to stop.

yes, Target is kidnapping kids and forcing them at gun point to change their genders. It's horrible,

by Anonymousreply 400June 16, 2023 1:08 PM

[quote] Andrew Sullivan isn't buying the act either: "Dylan Mulvaney is GAY not TRANS"

AIDS has rotted Milky Loads' brain

by Anonymousreply 401June 16, 2023 1:09 PM

[quote] the fact that it’s impossible to change sex means he’s not trans

The fact that it's impossible to be attracted to someone of the same sex means DL doesn't exist

by Anonymousreply 402June 16, 2023 1:10 PM

[quote] Yeah, the fact that he failed to remove his facial hair is one of the signs that he is not trans.

Make up your vodka-soaked mind. First you claim trans doesn't exist and now they say it does.

by Anonymousreply 403June 16, 2023 1:11 PM

For the love of dog, would someone please throw a brick at r401?

by Anonymousreply 404June 16, 2023 1:42 PM

R402 is deluded.

Maybe go outside, take in some fresh air…you know, touch grass…

by Anonymousreply 405June 16, 2023 1:43 PM

It's a good thing that the gender ideology cult member made an AIDS insult directed at a gay man with HIV.

Guys, if you're not convinced already, know that these gender ideology freaks hate us.

They despise gay man, call us "cissies", and wish that we had all died of AIDS back in the 80s.

For those of you on the fence, what will it take to convince you that the TQ+ is an anti-gay hate group?

by Anonymousreply 406June 16, 2023 2:00 PM

Yeah it's par for the course R406, they call you fags and really hate the gay white dudes. And he keeps saying that homosexuality doesn't exist, like that's fucking up for debate. "If troons are fake then so are gays" Not so much. Gays have been around forever. It's impossible to change your sex. Mulvaney has a pretty severe eating disorder but these people always do, so it's a good idea to let them cut off body parts, surely they're of sound mind.

by Anonymousreply 407June 16, 2023 3:23 PM

R400, never suggested such a thing.

No, what Target does is fund organizations like GLSEN. GLSEN "advises" schools on gender issues. That includes advising on how to work gender ideology into the curriculum such as choice of reading material and even math word problems! They also advise how to help kids hide their gender identity from their parents.

But just keep putting your head in the sand and pretend this isn't happening!

by Anonymousreply 408June 16, 2023 5:58 PM

Bud Light sales are now off 30 % from last year. It's worse every week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409June 21, 2023 3:50 PM

24-packs of Bud and Bud Light are on sale at my local Meijer for $18.49 and there's a manufacturer's rebate of $15. Cheaper than bottled water.

by Anonymousreply 410June 21, 2023 3:53 PM

[quote]Apparently there is a shitload of Republican drunks.

White trash rednecks. They drink beer 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 411June 21, 2023 5:40 PM

It really is the best of both worlds. Beer companies are mostly male redneck Repug loving companies so we are getting a Repug loving male redneck company taken out by their own customer base to teach the lesson to other companies that supporting the anti-gay, anti-woman trans loons will cost you.

We just eat popcorn and watch the show.

by Anonymousreply 412June 21, 2023 6:39 PM

Gay men have much better taste than to drink pisswater like Bud Light.

by Anonymousreply 413June 21, 2023 7:10 PM

Riley Gaines is before Congress testifying. This will peak even more people. I doubt you the gay men will care but a lot of people will.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414June 21, 2023 9:05 PM

[quote]This will peak even more people.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 415June 21, 2023 10:00 PM

You are correct R415 my bad but I have never seen anyone use the word pique in this context so the vast majority don't know the word piqued, and i have not seen the word written in years. But of course, you had to point it out being a good little hall monitor.

by Anonymousreply 416June 21, 2023 10:11 PM

Here is a definition of peak trans. R415 just so you know to stop correcting people for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417June 21, 2023 11:07 PM

There’s a whole website dedicated to Peak Trans:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418June 21, 2023 11:13 PM

Bud is offering a $15 rebate this week at my local Kroger. A 15 pack of 16oz bottles can be had for .99 cents after rebate. That's extreme!

by Anonymousreply 419June 21, 2023 11:50 PM

Isn't lite beer just watered down beer? Why would that particular type of beer have a "fratty" image to begin with? It's not like male college students are careful with their alcohol intake.

by Anonymousreply 420June 22, 2023 1:10 AM

R420, it's cheap, even before the discounts of desperation so the poor college kids and the poor people everywhere used to drink it.

by Anonymousreply 421June 22, 2023 1:51 AM

Deutsche Bank upgraded Anheuser-Busch stock Thursday saying the worst of the Bud Light boycott is over, even if sales never fully recover.

by Anonymousreply 422June 22, 2023 3:45 PM

Only drunk bums will drink it now

by Anonymousreply 423June 22, 2023 4:10 PM

^^And Ben Affleck

by Anonymousreply 424June 22, 2023 6:56 PM

Can you think of an advertising campaign quite as disastrous in recent memory?

by Anonymousreply 425June 22, 2023 9:06 PM

R422, maybe one of the reasons Deutsche Bank upgraded ABInBev stock is that they also own the Modelo brand, which took over for Bud Light as top-selling beer in the US.

Unfortunately for AB, almost all of the sales Bud Light lost seem to have gone directly to competitors like Coors Light and Miller Lite. If you look at charts, those brands' sales rose in a near-inverse of Bud Light's losses.

So yes, Modelo is now the country's top beer, but it's not picking up the sales that Bud Light lost.

by Anonymousreply 426June 22, 2023 10:20 PM

Modelo in the US is owned by Constellation Brands - not Anheuser Busch. Deutsche Bank would not upgrade AB based on Modelo sales that generate revenue for a separate company.

by Anonymousreply 427June 22, 2023 10:24 PM

R406

Elon Musk reads datalounge.

Cis and cissy are now considered slurs

by Anonymousreply 428June 23, 2023 2:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!