Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I bought a stroller for my cat.

And I'm not embarrassed!

We already went on our first walk and my sweet boy, Darryl enjoyed himself!

by Anonymousreply 70June 5, 2023 1:28 AM

You may not be, but I'M fucking embarrassed!

by Anonymousreply 1April 28, 2023 5:07 AM

You can’t beat fresh air pussy.

by Anonymousreply 2April 28, 2023 5:09 AM

How cute -- although I don't believe I've ever seen a cat in a stroller before.

by Anonymousreply 3April 28, 2023 5:10 AM

Pics or it didn't happen

by Anonymousreply 4April 28, 2023 5:18 AM

I'm embarrassed for the poor cat. That's cat abuse OP. You probably declawed Darryl too you rotten bitch.

Also - why the fuck are there 2 rs in his name? That's embarrassing too.

by Anonymousreply 5April 28, 2023 5:37 AM

Is it mink?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 28, 2023 5:47 AM

[quote]Also - why the fuck are there 2 rs in his name? That's embarrassing too.

Only the very good bois get two Rs, that's no mystery.

by Anonymousreply 7April 28, 2023 8:02 AM

“Darryl”, OP?

by Anonymousreply 8April 28, 2023 8:04 AM

I'm torn between thinking this is cute, if true, and this is so very desperate for attention. Perhaps it's both. What has prompted you to seek any sort of attention you can get from the public?

by Anonymousreply 9April 28, 2023 8:08 AM

Darrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryl.

by Anonymousreply 10April 28, 2023 8:14 AM

I like it, OP!

Is Darryl an indoor cat and now with the stroller can see the neighborhood?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 28, 2023 8:55 AM

Pussy patrol!

by Anonymousreply 12April 28, 2023 9:42 AM

This will end badly for me, I can just tell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 28, 2023 9:51 AM

My 3 pusses would be terrified if I tried to take them out, even in an enclosed stroller. They're all happy inside kitties. The closest they want to be to the outside is perched in open windows every day during their 8 hour naps.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 28, 2023 9:57 AM

Nobody, I mean NOBODY calls their pussy Daryl.

by Anonymousreply 15April 28, 2023 10:05 AM

Dollface Darryl.

Good for you OP.

by Anonymousreply 16April 28, 2023 10:48 AM

Look at all these judgemental posters, not wanting OP and Darryl to thrive, how shameful.

by Anonymousreply 17April 28, 2023 11:27 AM

Why not put him on a leash?

by Anonymousreply 18April 28, 2023 11:42 AM

Unless trained on one from a very young age, you can't put your cat on a leash. Even if you somehow do manage to put it on and drag your cat with you on a walk, the cat will resent you and possibly murder you in your sleep.

by Anonymousreply 19April 28, 2023 11:52 AM

No need to feel foolish at all, OP. It’s adorable. I want to get a stroller for my little boy. An enclosed one, of course. I imagine kitty must feel left out when I take his brother the dog out for walks.

Could you post a photo of the stroller or tell us a bit more about it?

by Anonymousreply 20April 28, 2023 11:54 AM

I lived in Chelsea all throughout the 1980s. It was a mix of older people in rent controlled apartments, working class straight families, and gays who could not afford the village but wanted to be close to the action.

I had a friend named Sammy who had a cat. Sammy would walk on 8th avenue with the cat on a leash. He walked into all the stores with the cat and I saw him once sitting at an outdoor table of a restaurant, the cat curled under the table.

When the cat got older and developed some health problems, Sammy was given an old stroller by one of his neighbors and began walking with his cat in the stroller. It was eccentric but an unexceptional sight during a time when most people had seen just about everything insofar as behavior.

by Anonymousreply 21April 28, 2023 12:10 PM

R20 not Op but I have 2 strollers. The clear one is like a rolling luggage piece and good for shorter trips (the vet). The handle is telescopic, just like luggage.

Thr other is like a conventonal stroller and doubles as a carrying case (it detaches from the wheel frame). That's for longer trips to the park or longer car rides.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 28, 2023 12:26 PM

I endorse buying things, OP. You could customize, add glitter, garlands, sprigs of mint….

I also get nervous when people walk with cats (or any small animal) perched on shoulder or walking on a leash.

This is a densely populated methy area and idiots fuck with animals.

by Anonymousreply 23April 28, 2023 1:05 PM

I will always celebrate seeing pets in strollers instead of children.

by Anonymousreply 24April 28, 2023 1:24 PM

Awwww. I love cats

by Anonymousreply 25April 28, 2023 1:25 PM

Did it attract people?

by Anonymousreply 26April 28, 2023 1:27 PM

Stroller filled with cats in Tokyo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 28, 2023 1:29 PM

I fully endorse this IF the stroller was made by good-paying union jobs in America. We don't need that Chinese plastic crap polluting our oceans after Darryl kicks it.

by Anonymousreply 28April 28, 2023 1:31 PM

I saw a girl with a cat on a leash on a busy sidewalk. I commented on it to her and we chatted but the poor cat actually looked very stressed. A think a stroller would be better.

by Anonymousreply 29April 28, 2023 1:37 PM

If your pussy enjoys it then who cares what people think. By and large, the world has lost it's collective mind anyway. It's a free for all out there these days. No reason you shouldn't be allowed to join in and do your thing.

by Anonymousreply 30April 28, 2023 1:57 PM

I saw a cat in a see-through backpack on the back of an attractive man in a grocery store recently. There’s a plethora of ways to display one’s pussy publicly nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 31April 28, 2023 2:01 PM

Darryl is a boy pussy, a bussy. Get with the programme, people.

by Anonymousreply 32April 28, 2023 2:11 PM

R8, my Dad's daytime caregiver and her little boys just adopted the cutest chihuahua+dachshund mix who has one blue eye and one brown.

The name the rescue gave him: "Wayne."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 28, 2023 2:22 PM

There is an older woman from India in my neighborhood who walks her cat in a stroller occasionally. She gets her exercise, and the cat seems calm. My dog pressed her nose into the basket of the stroller, and promptly got whacked on the nose.

by Anonymousreply 34April 28, 2023 2:37 PM

In my old neighborhood I used to go on walks with my cats all the time, no leash needed. People always seemed so surprised, but my neighbor’s cat would go on walks with her too. Where I live now isn’t really as set up for comfortable cat strolls. I miss them.

by Anonymousreply 35April 28, 2023 2:47 PM

I always knew Darryl was a pussy. But Darryl is not a pussy.

by Anonymousreply 36April 28, 2023 2:48 PM

I found a photo of Darryl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 28, 2023 4:06 PM

Op should get another cat and also name it Darryl.

by Anonymousreply 38April 28, 2023 4:19 PM

Thought you cat guys would enjoy this... 🙂

Cats waiting for fresh fish

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 28, 2023 6:38 PM

One's pussy should be aired out as much as possible.

by Anonymousreply 40April 28, 2023 6:47 PM

Who are you "One-'r' Darryl" weirdos?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 28, 2023 7:05 PM

A woman in my neighborhood takes two enormous standard poodles out every morning -- one walks and the other is in a HUGE stroller. On one hand, I admire the woman's dedication to her dogs, but on the other, I think she and her stroller look ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 42April 28, 2023 7:11 PM

You MUST be embarassed, or you wouldn't have even brought it up.

by Anonymousreply 43April 28, 2023 7:12 PM

Pets in strollers are cute.

by Anonymousreply 44April 28, 2023 7:22 PM

R39, I love "Cats of Yore"

by Anonymousreply 45April 28, 2023 7:28 PM

Chonky dollface gets in a stroller

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 28, 2023 7:31 PM

That's so cute R46!!!!

It's like he's expecting food or something, as a reward.

by Anonymousreply 47April 28, 2023 7:32 PM

R42, In the meantime you've left out one detail. The dogs are paid for. The leash is paid for. And the stroller is paid for.

And how are you this evening?

by Anonymousreply 48April 28, 2023 7:38 PM

I push my dachshund in a dog stroller. He loves it.

by Anonymousreply 49April 28, 2023 7:58 PM

Minka tells me "If you even THINK about some stroller shit for me....Bitch I got four good legs!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 28, 2023 9:58 PM

R34, I’m assuming your dog got whacked by the cat in the stroller…but my first thought was that the woman whacked your dog😂

by Anonymousreply 51April 28, 2023 10:32 PM

One other bonus is that your pet won’t injure his feets on hot pavement and he won’t get shit on his paws!

by Anonymousreply 52April 29, 2023 12:49 AM

Yes, R51, my nosy dog got bopped by the cat and it was funny. We have a cat at home, so the dog is used to cats and not aggressive with other pets at all. She just couldn’t figure out the situation at all—she sat down and wrinkled her forehead like she was thinking really, really hard.

by Anonymousreply 53April 29, 2023 12:52 AM

This is hilarious and adorable.

by Anonymousreply 54April 29, 2023 1:07 AM

Today Darryl and I went on quite a long walk. According to my fitbit, we walked about four kms! Darryl enjoyed himself and looked like a little king perched in his stroller observing everyone and everything that we passed. He started getting a little antsy after awhile so we headed home. When we got back he ate, had seconds, and has been curled up in his condo since.

by Anonymousreply 55April 29, 2023 1:27 AM

My dog has bad knees so she walks on a leash for as long as she can then she rides in the stroller the rest of the way. Gets us both outside.

by Anonymousreply 56April 29, 2023 2:12 AM

These cats travel in style!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 29, 2023 4:30 AM

[quote] Chonky dollface gets in a stroller

He might want to consider actually walking now and again. Bikini season is just around the corner.

by Anonymousreply 58April 29, 2023 11:23 AM

I got a stroller for my cat, but she didn’t enjoy it.

by Anonymousreply 59April 29, 2023 11:47 AM

I’m picturing the girl with pet fish and cat meme, R59.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60April 29, 2023 8:01 PM

Wait. Where is the rescue cat guy and why hasn't he asked if this is a rescue cat yet? This worries me. He could have been hit by a bus and is on life support in the hospital.

*sigh* Fine. I guess I'll have to do it for him.

Is he a rescue cat, OP?

by Anonymousreply 61April 29, 2023 8:13 PM

[quote]Unless trained on one from a very young age, you can't put your cat on a leash. Even if you somehow do manage to put it on and drag your cat with you on a walk, the cat will resent you and possibly murder you in your sleep.

That's not true at all. I put a 15 year old cat on a leash and she did fine. I do know from experience that they tend to hate the harnesses made of straps compared to ones that are more like a vest. Every cat I've seen in a strap harness has laid down on the ground like they can't get up or tried to get on their belly and rub it off. But not the vests.

I've had three cats that were leash trained and all did fine. The youngest was more likely to follow than want to lead like the older cats, but it took him all of three seconds to get leash trained.

by Anonymousreply 62April 29, 2023 8:23 PM

Good forvyou, OP! Ypu Stroll that cat!

by Anonymousreply 63April 29, 2023 8:42 PM

I hope you don't end up looking as stupid and earnest as my neighbor, who wheels her gigantic poodles around in a gigantic stroller. What is the fucking POINT!?

by Anonymousreply 64June 4, 2023 6:12 PM

[quote] I hope you don't end up looking as stupid and earnest as my neighbor, who wheels her gigantic poodles around in a gigantic stroller. What is the fucking POINT!?

If I had a pet, I'd put them in a stroller, just because I wouldn't want them walking on the dirty ground outside and then coming back in the house.

I'd be washing their feet like crazy, every time we got back home.

So for a person with OCD like me, a stroller makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 65June 4, 2023 6:48 PM

Plus in summer, the sidewalk gets hot on their paws.

by Anonymousreply 66June 4, 2023 6:49 PM

r65 That's the sort of thing only non-pet owners worry about, you get used to the dirty paws quickly if you have a pet. People also tend to be grossed out by bird poop... until they actually get a parrot and then it suddenly becomes a non-issue.

Also, you can always buy shoes for your pet instead of stuffing it into a stroller. The whole point of a walk is that your pet gets its daily dose of exercise.

by Anonymousreply 67June 4, 2023 6:54 PM

r67 When I had a dog, I wiped her feet after coming in from outside. Not just to protect my floors but she would sometimes lick her paws and a lot of lawns are treated with chemicals toxic to pets.

by Anonymousreply 68June 5, 2023 1:19 AM

Good lord my siamese trixie would find a way to escape and randomly slaughter a squirrel or bird if I tried that!!

by Anonymousreply 69June 5, 2023 1:24 AM

R14 is your dog from Pakistan?

by Anonymousreply 70June 5, 2023 1:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!