Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Palladino ballet drama 'Étoile' gets two-season Amazon order

With Luke Kirby, Camille Cottin, Simon Callow, David Alvarez, Gideon Glick.

[quote]Set in New York City and Paris, the eight-episode [italic]Étoile[/italic] follows the dancers and artistic staff of two world-renowned ballet companies, as they embark on an ambitious gambit to save their storied institutions by swapping their most talented stars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 22, 2024 8:11 PM

Glick and Callow are openly gay. Is Kirby gay?

by Anonymousreply 1April 27, 2023 12:32 PM

I don't think so, he was married to Alison Elliott and now to Andrea Sarubbi.

by Anonymousreply 2April 27, 2023 12:52 PM

Look who's back! The possibly still closeted Canadian who played everyone's fave queen on GG.

The big news however, announced back in December, is that Charlotte Gainsbourg has replaced Camille Cottin. So that sucks, but it's also interesting that Cottin is now gravitating towards movies and Gainsbourg towards TV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 22, 2024 6:44 PM

I thought Simon Callow died last year. (?)

by Anonymousreply 4January 22, 2024 6:57 PM

Gideon Glick has a remarkably steady career.

by Anonymousreply 5January 22, 2024 7:04 PM

r4 Nope, still alive. You Mandela Effect'ed yourself.

by Anonymousreply 6January 22, 2024 7:19 PM

Hope it's better that the other ballet drama - Flesh and Blood? Something like that.

by Anonymousreply 7January 22, 2024 7:42 PM

I expect this one to be quirky and funny, just like other Palladino projects. So, a completely different beast than Flesh and Bone (2015) with DL fave Ben Daniels.

by Anonymousreply 8January 22, 2024 7:47 PM

I liked Flesh and Bone. There was a lot going on but it wasn't boring.

by Anonymousreply 9January 22, 2024 8:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!