Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ashley Graham is named Maxim's 'World's Sexiest Woman'

Ashley Graham is No. 1 on the list of "World's Sexiest Women," according to Maxim magazine, the cover of which she graces for the May/June 2023 "Hot 100" edition.

It isn't the first time that the 35-year-old has appeared on the publication's cover: Her debut with the brand was back in April 2016, when she posed with a white button-down shirt covering her otherwise nude body. As a second-time Maxim cover girl, however, she's celebrating recent accomplishments, including becoming a mother of three.

"Having children has given me more of a drive," she told the magazine, referring to her 3-year-old son and 1-year-old twin boys Roman and Malachi, all shared with husband Justin Ervin. "The first time I was on the cover of Maxim I did not have three kids, and this time I have three little babies. It makes you remember that 'hotness' is in so many scenarios, and comes in all shapes and sizes. I’ve always preached that, but after I saw my body change so much after having three kids back-to-back, it’s hard to wrap my head around accepting my body and where I am, and how new and different it looks. So, thanks, Maxim!"

The journey of body acceptance is one that Graham has spearheaded throughout her career as a model, although she admitted that she didn't know being in front of the camera was her destiny when she was scouted at a mall in Nebraska as a tween. "At 12 years old, do you really know who you want to be?" she said. "But I would say, I don’t know how else I would be able to have this platform if it weren’t for modeling—so God bless you, modeling."

Graham reflected on some of the biggest accomplishments of her career, including giving a TED Talk, getting her Sports Illustrated Swimsuit cover in 2016 and the creation of a Barbie made in her likeness. Many of these moments were "in the early days," she noted, which contributed to "the impact that they made" to the growing body positivity movement.

"We can look at everybody’s shapes and sizes, gender, ethnicity, and age as part of who they are; it doesn’t have to be a negative or a positive," she said. "It should be something that’s easily embraced, and we don’t need to be having these conversations all the time. Our bodies are always changing, and they’re always evolving. I’ve been using my own body as a tool to be able to talk about these feelings."

While this is the crux of Graham's career at this point, she still considers it "an honor" to use her story and her platform to make change in the fashion industry.

"[It] also comes with a lot of responsibility—responsibility I don’t take lightly," she continued. "It reminds me that if someone like me can be part of something that’s changing globally, we can all do it. In a lot of ways I look at myself as just a normal girl from Nebraska who just has a lot of drive and ambition, so why don’t we change the world together?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 31, 2023 4:56 PM

Never heard of her.

by Anonymousreply 1April 21, 2023 2:39 AM

A thread for lesbians. Yay.

by Anonymousreply 2April 21, 2023 2:43 AM

WHAT?

by Anonymousreply 3April 21, 2023 2:43 AM

If only it had been [italic]Lindsey[/italic] Graham!

by Anonymousreply 4April 21, 2023 2:46 AM

No fatties.

by Anonymousreply 5April 21, 2023 2:50 AM

She needs to eat something!

by Anonymousreply 6April 21, 2023 3:12 AM

She is fat.

by Anonymousreply 7April 21, 2023 3:12 AM

She's a conniving fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 8April 21, 2023 3:21 AM

I was runner-up.

by Anonymousreply 9May 31, 2023 1:11 PM

The pose is weird, like wanting to fit into a box smaller than the person but then an outtake with eyes closed. Does anyone get it? Please explain.

by Anonymousreply 10May 31, 2023 1:14 PM

She’s hot. She seems to have jumped on the Ozempic train, though. By the end of the year, she will be thin or close to it. Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 11May 31, 2023 1:17 PM

I'm shocked Maxim is still around. But, let's be honest, broadly speaking (heh), straight men prefer thicker women, so while we may be getting fatigue over the "body positivity" movement she's clearly more in the mode of what straight men find hot vs. skinny runway models.

by Anonymousreply 12May 31, 2023 1:19 PM

[quote] But, let's be honest, broadly speaking (heh), straight men prefer thicker women

Strange how things change. When i was in high school (late 80s), people would have said about her: "but she has such a pretty face, if only she'd lose some weight!" and she'd be lucky if one of the tall, chunkier band members (probably the tuba player) would give her the time of the day. She'd have a few close friends (the brainy but awkward girl with frizzy hair, freckles and braces and another big boned tall, painfully shy and quiet giraffe), no guy would want to go out with her because she would be considered a Big Bertha fatass. And people would have made fun of her and teased her mercilessly while she struggled to make it four laps around the track for the mile test.

by Anonymousreply 13May 31, 2023 2:19 PM

She is hot unlike the Metz and that woman who couldn’t walk down the airplane aisle

by Anonymousreply 14May 31, 2023 2:21 PM

In AA culture she is not fat. Not even hardly.

by Anonymousreply 15May 31, 2023 2:49 PM

She's cute.

by Anonymousreply 16May 31, 2023 2:56 PM

[quote] She’s hot. She seems to have jumped on the Ozempic train, though. By the end of the year, she will be thin or close to it. Mark my words.

She’s already spinning the narrative. Her body has changed since motherhood. Bodies change all the time… blah blah

by Anonymousreply 17May 31, 2023 3:14 PM

R10, the pose struck me as odd, too. I think what's going on is that they're trying to make her look sexy without actually having to show much of her body--especially the parts where heavy women look the worst (thighs, hips, butt).

If she were posed to show the aforementioned parts, she would look like what she is: a fat girl with a beautiful face and hair.

by Anonymousreply 18May 31, 2023 4:54 PM

R13 for the win!

by Anonymousreply 19May 31, 2023 4:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!