Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - Season Two

I would like the ship to go.

Now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 4, 2023 10:14 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 19, 2023 10:37 PM

That was a weird episode. I don't watch "Lower Decks," so I'm not used to that cartoon-speed jibber-jabber of the characters (however, I did like that they worked that fact into the dialogue). It also made no sense that the two from the Cerritos were somehow not changing history: now all the characters (except Pike) on "SNW" know they will live for much longer so they will become legendary figures. I'm also confused how Uhura becomes a legend, since she never does more with her life that we know about than remain communications officer of the Enterprise and become a teacher at Starfleet Academy (Spock and Pike I can buy, and we have yet to find out what happens with Number One).

by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2023 1:15 AM

Op There is an actual active thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2023 2:29 AM

I was expecting this musical episode to be cringeworthy; happily, I was wrong. I really enjoyed that episode a lot. The Klingon boy band segment had me howling!

by Anonymousreply 4August 3, 2023 9:02 PM

I love the set for Engineering. I know the background is their AR wall, but the physical bits really look like something TOS would have constructed if 4K had existed in the 60s.

Also, I noticed for the first time that, just like the first season of TNG, the miniskirt uniform is unisex. There were at least two male crew wearing them.

by Anonymousreply 5August 4, 2023 10:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!