Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Vanity Fair's new Murdoch tell-all

Death is a'knocking for Rupert.

Hope lies with James and his sisters.

Lachlan has become a total MAGA, divorced from the concerns of average Americans, and living like Louis XIV in his $150 million Bel Air palace. Talk about a Succession cunt. When he was living in Sydney before his marriage in the 20s I heard that he was sensitive and possibly a bit bi. Well so much for that!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46January 13, 2024 4:57 PM

Pay wall.

by Anonymousreply 1April 13, 2023 9:29 AM

[quote] When he was living in Sydney … I heard that he was sensitive and possibly a bit bi.

The Op in lust.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 13, 2023 9:32 AM

Lachlan is more despicable than his dad because he was born rich and still has hateful, antisocial views.

by Anonymousreply 3April 13, 2023 9:33 AM

Rupert Murdoch was also born rich FFS! The estate of his father Sir Keith and Dame Elizabeth, Cruden Farm (still owned by the family), is magnificent, with famous gardens. During the Depression his father paid men to build the stables from stone, which is why they're so splendid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 13, 2023 9:44 AM

So is Lachlan Roman, James is Kendall, Elisabeth is Shiv and the other daughter with a controlling share is....Connor?

by Anonymousreply 5April 14, 2023 2:54 AM

An excellent artivle.

My favourite revelation in this piece was that Wendy Deng left Rupert with spinal damage after throwing him into a piano.

And a fun game to play while reading this piece, is replace the words "Jerry Hall told friends..." with "Jerry Hall told Vanity Fair".

Her resentment at having to nurse him after his illnesses is palapible.

Jerry is forbidden according to the divorce settlement, to suggest plot ideas to the writers of Succession (really).

by Anonymousreply 6April 17, 2023 10:53 AM

CRUDE-den or CRUD-den. Either way is appropriate.

Any explanation why he is meddling in the US? Is it just about the money?

by Anonymousreply 7April 17, 2023 11:17 AM

r1 Here is the article without a paywall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 17, 2023 11:19 AM

Why does a non American born to wealth care so deeply about American democracy, specifically ending American democracy?

MAGA is motivated by the fact a black was POTUS for two terms. What does this aussie care for?

by Anonymousreply 9April 17, 2023 11:28 AM

R6 lol we know how quick Wendi can react with her hands!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 17, 2023 11:36 AM

He isn't Australian R9. He is an American citizen after having renounced his Australian citizenship in 1985.

And we don't want him back. [bold]Ever.[/bold] And we're not joking.

by Anonymousreply 11April 17, 2023 11:37 AM

Tony Blair knows all about how quick Wendi can be with her hands.

by Anonymousreply 12April 17, 2023 11:47 AM

FUCK YOU SHUT YOU UP R12!!! TONY HE ALL MAN!!!!

HE BETTER MAN THAN YOU MILLION BILLION TIMES. HE LIKE TIGER!!!

BUT SO SO SOFT & EYES LIKE BLUE BLUE OCEAN!!!!

by Anonymousreply 13April 17, 2023 4:57 PM

Everyone in Sydney remembers Lachlan's fun period in the early 2000s....

by Anonymousreply 14April 18, 2023 6:05 AM

R3 Why should that make a difference?

Are you suggesting that he doesn't suffer with that vicious envy that poor people have?

by Anonymousreply 15April 18, 2023 6:08 AM

[quote] Everyone in Sydney remembers Lachlan's fun period in the early 2000s....

We want the shirtless pictures of him sunning himself on the yacht in Sydney Harbor!

by Anonymousreply 16April 18, 2023 6:10 AM

Lachlan is still fuckable.

by Anonymousreply 17April 18, 2023 6:21 AM

I wondered that, too R9...

by Anonymousreply 18April 18, 2023 6:47 AM

[quote]Lachlan is still fuckable.

Nope. As a acquaintance who saw him nude at the Darlinghurst gym told me when he was living in Elizabeth Bay (he used to go at daybreak), he was physically flawless. Then he porked out following his parents divorce: it really upset him. And now he's simply a piece of aging roast MAGA living in his Beverley Hillbillys palace. It's weird how money has fucked him the very worst way. He could have been a real force for good in the world. Instead he's truly a Succession child.

by Anonymousreply 19April 18, 2023 7:57 AM

I. don't claim to know anything about what Lachlan is really like. But I remember what he was said to be like, and what he was said to get up to, in early 2000s Sydney. That person (if he ever truly existed) is nothing like the ultra conservative Fox loon he is now. However, I realise many of those people lead lives of hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 20April 18, 2023 8:11 AM

[quote] Why does a non American born to wealth care so deeply about American democracy

Why does a successful capitalist find a gap in the market and then decide to supply what that market wants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 18, 2023 8:40 AM

about COvid and Public Health:

While Fox News hosts railed against lockdowns and pushed dubious treatments like hydroxychloroquine, Murdoch followed the science. “He was scared for himself and was very careful,” a person who spoke to Murdoch at the time recalled. According to sources, Murdoch and Hall quarantined in Bel Air without any staff for months.

by Anonymousreply 22April 18, 2023 8:53 AM

Rupert Murdock made Jerry Hall take a online wine making course, so he could write $3 million off his taxes.

From this article:

Hall took online courses in UC Davis’s winemaking program. (Hall told friends Murdoch wanted her to do it so he could write off $3 million of vineyard expenses as long as she worked 500 hours a year on winemaking.)

by Anonymousreply 23April 18, 2023 8:55 AM

^ All of that detail absolutely came directly from Hall.

by Anonymousreply 24April 18, 2023 8:56 AM

About COVID and the Vaccine:

Murdoch was one of the first people in the world to be vaccinated in December 2020.

by Anonymousreply 25April 18, 2023 8:56 AM

One of the terms of the settlement was that Hall couldn’t give story ideas to the writers on Succession.

by Anonymousreply 26April 18, 2023 9:01 AM

It's noteworthy that none of the "anti-Jerry" talking points that were leaked by Rupert's side are even acknowledged here. Besides perhaps the point about her allegedly "isolating" him from his kids during the pandemic, which was painted before as controlling and even a bit sinister. Here it's framed as her protecting him when no one else cared,. All that loving detail about what she cooked him for dinner.

by Anonymousreply 27April 18, 2023 9:13 AM

R24 = disgruntled wife unhappy with the alimony.

by Anonymousreply 28April 18, 2023 9:14 AM

Lachlan is gay. GAY GAY GAY.

It's been an open secret in Sydney since the 1990s.

I recall in the 90s he appeared in the 'social society' section of one of the Sunday papers. He was dressed in a matching attire with his male 'friend' on a yacht in Sydney Harbour. Unfortunately this was before the internet so I can't link to any photos.

Rumour has it that Rupert was furious and demanded the boyfriend leave at some other event (not related to the photo taken on the yacht).

Lachlan also used to work out in the late 90s at one of Sydney's gayest gyms.

GAY, GAY, GAY.

And a closeted gay can be a very dangerous person. But it is a shame he couldn't live his life as himself - he'd probably be happier and not such a Nazi.

by Anonymousreply 29April 18, 2023 9:16 AM

R29 Here again.

The gym was Bayswater Gym. I attended there during 1999 when I got myself a personal trainer because at the time I had a very demanding work schedule and needed some time to get away from it and keep me in shape. I personally never saw Lachlan at the gym but I was only ever there briefly over the year and most of my training was down in the outdoors. But he was widely spoken about - nothing negative, just that he was a regular.

by Anonymousreply 30April 18, 2023 9:20 AM

Isn't he married to an Aryan female supermodel

by Anonymousreply 31April 18, 2023 9:23 AM

He used to hang out in Potts Point. The company he kept alone drew attention. But although it is titillating to speculate, the truth is, we are not who we hang with. His wife must know the full story because she was around at the time, no?

by Anonymousreply 32April 18, 2023 9:23 AM

[QUOTE]Isn't he married to an Aryan female supermodel

The former model Sarah Murdoch (nee O'Hare) has an incredibly masculine vibe about her. Super-masc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 18, 2023 11:48 PM

More Mrs. Murdoch. I wonder if she pegs Lachlan wonder... 🤔

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 18, 2023 11:57 PM

Stereotypical Aussie Amazon blonde

by Anonymousreply 35April 18, 2023 11:59 PM

dominion takes the settlement offer from Fox News/Murdoch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36April 19, 2023 12:21 AM

I have to wonder how Murdoch regrets divorcing Jerry. She treated him much better and more kindly than he deserves, homecooking and clucking over the invalid on his way down. It sounds like she was his best counsel, too. Of course, she had to go.

The best/funniest part is Rupert telling her he knows how much Mick cheated on her and he'd never, never cheat on her. Quite an oath... From an 85 year old.

by Anonymousreply 37April 19, 2023 12:47 AM

[quote]On the first day of Lent in February, Hall told friends she made an effigy of Murdoch, tied dental floss around its neck, and burned it on the grill.

She was stupid to marry him in the first place, but this is pretty funny. (He dumped her for a QAnon dental hygienist.)

by Anonymousreply 38April 19, 2023 12:51 AM

Death knell???? The old bastard will live another 10 years. The good die younger. The evil live on.

I have an elderly aunt. She hateful, spiteful and cruel. I haven't spoken to her in nearly 40 years. Of course, the wretched old cunt is a far right Christian Republican. She outlived her siblings.

The stories I could tell! She's homophobic, naturally. During the 1980s, the way she spoke of gay men and AIDS was horrific.

Of course, she'll live to 105.

by Anonymousreply 39April 19, 2023 2:04 AM

[quote] The stories I could tell!

Please do, R39.

You obviously have lots of anger about your elderly aunt that you need to express.

by Anonymousreply 40April 19, 2023 3:09 AM

I love how Mick's security consultant had to be called to disconnect the security cameras in her Oxfordshire pad after they were continuing to feed to Fox news after they split. Ironic given the old buzzard slagged Mick as a cheater, vowing not to do the same to her before literally dumping Jerry for another woman.

Mick has somewhat redeemed himself here. At least he looks ofter the mother of his kids, albeit in his old age.

by Anonymousreply 41April 26, 2023 12:47 AM

His second oldest daughter has that scary old money face that so many of them do.

HUGE forehead and evil eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 42April 26, 2023 1:56 AM

I still prefer the Vanity Fair tell all about Murdoch's relationship with Wendi Deng. He tried to get the story buried because he looked like a cuck.

by Anonymousreply 43April 26, 2023 2:01 AM

[quote]Lachlan is gay. GAY GAY GAY.

Anybody with the name Lachlan would surely have to be gay,

by Anonymousreply 44April 26, 2023 3:06 AM

It was regularly discussed amongst powerful members of the Melbourne establishment that Lauchan was a regular visitor to gay saunas in Sydney.

by Anonymousreply 45January 13, 2024 4:41 PM

What happened to Jerry is very Marcia Roy.

by Anonymousreply 46January 13, 2024 4:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!