Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Countdown to Coronation of Charles III, Part II

No insults or disparagement please. This is Datalounge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64April 18, 2023 12:45 AM

Link to previous thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 11, 2023 2:46 PM

I'm looking forward to it, not because I think the BRF are the most important people in the world but because this has never happened in my lifetime. A couple of popes, but no coronation. Even though I'll likely see another when Wills ascends to the throne (in 10 years?), there's no telling what the BRF will look like at that point (pomp & circumstance-wise, that is), so this may be the last chance to see the Big Show.

by Anonymousreply 2April 11, 2023 3:39 PM

Viewing stands going up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 11, 2023 6:17 PM

Horse Guard's parade

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 11, 2023 6:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 11, 2023 6:19 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 11, 2023 6:20 PM

Little Edie Beale regrets she will be unable to perform at the coronation.

by Anonymousreply 7April 11, 2023 6:56 PM

I really feel this is the right costume for today anyway. `

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 11, 2023 7:13 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 11, 2023 7:15 PM

Last I heard (Australia's Today show), Harry and Meghan have not responded to the RSVP though it's past the deadline. So why don't they just get cancelled?

Rumor is Meghan can't make up her mind and is fuming at Harry and that little tidbit is at the link. Hope it's true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 11, 2023 7:21 PM

Sounds a bit suspect to me, but, hey, you get the reputation you deserve.

by Anonymousreply 11April 11, 2023 7:31 PM

I look forward to the showcase of England's best pop musicians.

by Anonymousreply 12April 11, 2023 8:52 PM

None of them are performing, R12. But we-fought-a-war-to-get-away-from-this-shit's Bette Midler has signed.

by Anonymousreply 13April 11, 2023 9:20 PM

What does Little Edie's American flag dance have to do with the British coronation?

by Anonymousreply 14April 11, 2023 10:46 PM

It's a tribute to a poster on the prior thread, R14, but she's told us she's got most of us blocked and issued strict instructions about who you all should... I thin the phrase was block and report.... because apparently there's a new rule posters can't call out other posters on bullshit (it's an attack... at DL, can you imagine?) and also Americans can say anything about anybody but no one else can say anything about Americans. I'm not sure if Americans can attack Americans because she didn't get to the First Amendment before her spectacular flounce.

by Anonymousreply 15April 11, 2023 10:50 PM

Breaking: Harry going to Coronation. Herself staying home on the Costa del Sulk.

by Anonymousreply 16April 12, 2023 2:09 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 12, 2023 2:10 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 12, 2023 2:10 PM

Meghan is a fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 19April 12, 2023 2:11 PM

Is there a strategy here? She sure seems to have gone to ground.

by Anonymousreply 20April 12, 2023 2:11 PM

Weird how Harry has agreed to miss his son's birthday.

by Anonymousreply 21April 12, 2023 2:16 PM

In other words, how Harry and Meghan decided not to visit the UK and attend the coronation as a family and with the kids. They are ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 22April 12, 2023 2:17 PM

Of course Scabies is the mouthpiece on this.

by Anonymousreply 23April 12, 2023 2:18 PM

Maybe she figured they were readying an even wider candle for her this time.

by Anonymousreply 24April 12, 2023 2:18 PM

^Surprised?

by Anonymousreply 25April 12, 2023 2:19 PM

It was announced by Buckingham Palace, r23. Scabies is just getting his nose in as soon as he could.

by Anonymousreply 26April 12, 2023 2:19 PM

But what's the point of them attending as a family? Almost none of them trust either one of them. It would just be really awkward and spoil the day. The way Scabies makes it sound he's only attending the coronation service. I wonder if he will be in the procession? I bet not.

I do get some pleasure at him having to watch Camilla crowned.

by Anonymousreply 27April 12, 2023 2:19 PM

R26, yup... that's what I meant. Some coincidence, eh? Scabies has such wonderful timing.

by Anonymousreply 28April 12, 2023 2:20 PM

A chance for them to lure Harry back, out of the clutches of 'that woman.' (they need to do something if they really love him - his future's bleak, not even playing polo anymore). Just juggling and waiting on the narc-beast. Not that he isn't a piece of work himself, but he's their piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 29April 12, 2023 2:24 PM

I will get a LOT of pleasure watching him squirm as Camilla and Prince William participate.

by Anonymousreply 30April 12, 2023 2:26 PM

Let hope it's the same person in charge of placing the candles as was at the Queen's funeral. And this time they won't have to choose!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 12, 2023 2:28 PM

Harry and Meghan must be having some huge rows if he's attending the coronation and she isn't.

by Anonymousreply 32April 12, 2023 2:57 PM

Isn’t he playing some polo this season, that the dates he wasn’t playing are around the coronation date?

Four year olds have no sense of dates. The birthday could be celebrated a month later and the kid would be none the wiser.

by Anonymousreply 33April 12, 2023 3:17 PM

Thanks goodness! Good riddance that minx won't be coming!

by Anonymousreply 34April 12, 2023 3:22 PM

He’ll go to the ceremony and then fly out right after. No way is he attending all the other events.

by Anonymousreply 35April 12, 2023 3:26 PM

No one, I mean really no one, will talk to H. His face will look like a twisted Trump's asshole the whole time during the coronation.

by Anonymousreply 36April 12, 2023 3:30 PM

Still no signs of a Royal Family Order of Charles III. He has to pay for it himself, so maybe that's why. If he does decide to open his wallet, I suspect only Cams and Kate will receive one. Until then, they'll have to be satisfied with the late Queen's Family Order.

by Anonymousreply 37April 12, 2023 3:31 PM

Rats! I was looking forward to hear the crowds booing at the Countess of Monticeto. I don't think they're as apt to boo at just Harry.

by Anonymousreply 38April 12, 2023 3:34 PM

R13 huh?

by Anonymousreply 39April 12, 2023 3:37 PM

You know your reputation needs work when an ex Sex Pistol nails you:

And what about fellow British exiles Harry and Meghan, who live just 60 miles up the Pacific Coast Highway? “So messy,” is his assessment. While he has sympathy with their decision to leave the UK, he doesn’t like the noise they’re making. “If you want to be normal and outside of [the Royal Family], then f___ off. Just f___ off and shut up,” he says. “I’ve had to make decisions like this in the past. I had to leave the Pistols, I had to break up PiL a couple of times because the situation was unsustainable. And if that was their dilemma then please go away, alright? And we’ll love you for it. But they won’t. And I’ve never been one for kiss and tell books. They’re very, very spiteful to families and friends.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 12, 2023 5:26 PM

I do the flag dance every 4th of July in my living room for my little dogs and whenever I feel like channeling little Edie.

by Anonymousreply 41April 12, 2023 5:31 PM

Good to see that The Princess Henry is sticking to her guns. She's got the titles, she doesn't need the racism.

by Anonymousreply 42April 12, 2023 5:55 PM

Sure. In a Lee Radziwill sort of way.

by Anonymousreply 43April 12, 2023 6:33 PM

Bitchy headline... lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 12, 2023 8:03 PM

It is not known whether he plans to attend a private family gathering after all the festivities on the Saturday, to which the Duke of York’s ex-wife, the Duchess of York is thought to have been invited.

Contrary to reports that there has been a row over what Prince Andrew should wear on his brother’s big day, one friend told The Telegraph that “there’s a warmth around the place and a proper rallying around the King, who in turn is showing some serious EQ (emotional intelligence) by ensuring the family is given the opportunity to pull together”.

Briefed against

Pointing to the fact that Prince Andrew and the Duchess of York, both spent Christmas and Easter with the King and Queen, the friend added: “All four siblings spent most of the Easter weekend together with assorted children and plus-ones - including the Duchess.

“I suspect some palace staff and parts of the media are well behind the curve in their understanding of this private family unity. The Duke stands four-square behind the King.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45April 13, 2023 5:56 PM

Everybody here in the U.S. laughs at her r42. She's a huge laughingstock because of those titles. Everybody knows she's a grifter and gutter heaux and that's why she's mocked so consistently. Those titles here are akin to Eurotrash pretend royals. She is a global joke.

by Anonymousreply 46April 14, 2023 7:21 AM

Don't forget, former Sussex fangirl Don Lemon now thinks Harry is "gauche."

by Anonymousreply 47April 14, 2023 7:27 AM

One battle over (Prince Harry and MM) done, now another has popped up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48April 15, 2023 12:32 PM

Suppose the Queen had not ordered the divorce when she did and that altered what lay ahead, so Diana lived. Would Camilla have become Queen? I think Charles would have pursued his divorce in due course but I think a living Diana would have been an impediment to Camilla as Queen, if not necessarily Camilla as second wife.

by Anonymousreply 49April 15, 2023 4:09 PM

I don't think Charles would have married Camilla if Diana was alive.

by Anonymousreply 50April 15, 2023 4:49 PM

I'll have more fun staying at home and prank calling in bomb threats on the day. We'll see how smoothly my father-in-law's stupid coronation goes by the time I'm finished.

by Anonymousreply 51April 15, 2023 5:06 PM

Uh-oh Envoye Special the investigative report on French TV Antenne 2 just reported that Archewell is a scam with fake offices. They also point out Harry and Meghan started a similar 'charity' in the UK in 2020 and all the funds raised went to overhead.... Harry was scared of the Daily Mail when he should have kept his eye on French TV!

La fondation Archewell ressemble à une coquille vide… mais elle aurait les poches bien pleines. Dans le dernier rapport financier, Harry et Meghan déclarent avoir récolté 13 millions de dollars (près de 12 millions d'euros) pour leurs bonnes œuvres. Ils ont distribué 22 chèques à des associations, pour un total de 2,9 millions de dollars. Les comptes font apparaître 1 million de dollars de frais de fonctionnement. Il reste donc 9 millions qui dorment sur les comptes… Comment Harry et Meghan s'y prennent-ils pour "faire le bien" sans dépenser l'argent donné à leur fondation ?

Ce décalage entre les chiffres et leur discours philanthrope rappelle l'histoire d'une autre fondation, datant de l'époque où le couple était encore à Londres, le Queen's Commonwealth Trust. Pour l'année 2020, 782 000 livres sterling (près de 900 000 euros) de dons avaient été récoltés. Sur cette somme, 705 000 livres ont été dépensées non pas pour des associations, mais en frais de fonctionnement. Ce qui signifie que 90% de l'argent reçu n'a jamais aidé personne…

by Anonymousreply 52April 15, 2023 5:08 PM

Once Zadok the Priest begins playing all the bad will be forgotten. Those in attendance, watching on television, listening to broadcasts are gripped by the purpose and solemnity of event.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 16, 2023 1:32 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 16, 2023 1:50 AM

Anyone notice that Prince George has grown several inches in height since the Queen’s funeral. He is level to William’s shoulder. I think Harry fears Prince George as much as he fears William.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 16, 2023 2:44 AM

[quote] Once Zadok the Priest begins playing all the bad will be forgotten.

There will be no Zadok the Priest. This is a modern and scaled down coronation. There will probably be some Muzzy chanting and a few hip hop numbers. And no uniforms or morning suits for the guests: ONLY TRACK SUITS WILL BE ALLOWED.

by Anonymousreply 56April 16, 2023 4:47 AM

OP, I'm not interested at all in Charles's coronation. This whole royalty thing seems silly and outdated in the age of the internet, where everyone knows the fact that people are just people.

However, I love the gif that started the thread. God bless Edie!

by Anonymousreply 57April 16, 2023 4:52 AM

R55 Harry has the right to fear William. If your own flesh and blood is leaking to tabloids and those tabloids are writing stories which incite hatred and death threats then its logical to fear William. Have linked tweet by reporter who states Kensington Palace leaked continuously on Harry and Meghan. KP alleged leaks have put the Sussex lives at risk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58April 16, 2023 5:57 AM

You're getting it backwards r58. William and his family are in danger because of Harry. We could only be so lucky that someone take out Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 59April 16, 2023 6:02 AM

🤹 The "Royal Coronation" will have the atmosphere of a street carnival.

Perhaps Harry wil change his mind and [italic] Just Say No.

by Anonymousreply 60April 16, 2023 6:09 AM

Harry is the fucking juggler...duh.

by Anonymousreply 61April 16, 2023 6:22 AM

If only Dum Prince Harold would stay away, absolutely no-one would miss him.

by Anonymousreply 62April 17, 2023 3:30 AM

R50 - I agree with you 100%. If Diana had lived, divorced from KCIII, Charles could not have married Camilla.

by Anonymousreply 63April 17, 2023 3:14 PM

Finally a bit of news that might cause one to watch this low budget coronation. Dame Joanna Lumley will be attending both as guest and then doing commentary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64April 18, 2023 12:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!