Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anti-gay mob attacks gay in Hell's Kitchen

NYC man stabbed in possible anti-gay hate crime; aided by good Samaritans

HELL’S KITCHEN, Manhattan (PIX11) — The NYPD Hate Crime Task Force is now searching for seven young people who investigators say beat and stabbed an openly gay man in an apparently unprovoked attack. The survivor of that attack is speaking out against the people who he said surrounded him and treated him cruelly. He’s also thanking a pair of strangers who stepped in, took action and may have saved his life.

Rafael Ribot, 44, described the attack that started around 11:30 p.m. Wednesday. “They go from being in front of you, to being around you. And the words turn into fists, and then it becomes a knife, and then possibly another knife.”

Ribot said that he was beaten and kicked repeatedly and stabbed more than once, in the incident that’s being investigated as a possible bias crime.

Ribot said that he was walking up Tenth Avenue near 44th Street when the group of seven young people, including at least one woman, used anti-LGBTQ slurs repeatedly against him while he was talking on his cellphone.

Ribot responded to the slurs and, according to investigators, the people in the group beat him and stabbed him in the leg, using at least one knife. The attack left him with multiple injuries, he said.

“I have a small contusion,” Ribot said, pointing to a bandage over his left eyebrow. It begins the list of injuries he sustained. “There’s actually a lot more pain right here,” he continued, pointing to his right temple, “because I was hit repeatedly right here.”

He then clutched his left thigh. “I have a large, four-inch deep puncture wound in my leg,” he explained.

That deep wound left blood splattered on the sidewalk on Thursday afternoon, half a day after the attack. It could have led to a significant loss of blood if it weren’t for two people — total strangers — responding to the incident. When they showed up, minutes after the first punches landed, the group of attackers ran away.

Surveillance video shows what happened next. The good Samaritans used a belt as a tourniquet to stop the bleeding, and they got Ribot to nearby Mount Sinai West hospital. Their quick action may have saved his life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206April 18, 2023 11:25 PM

What color were they?

by Anonymousreply 1April 7, 2023 11:56 PM

Attacking gay people? Only one reaction is proper:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 7, 2023 11:56 PM

R1 - they were your color, chicken-shit yellow.

by Anonymousreply 3April 7, 2023 11:59 PM

Glad he's okay. Fuck, that's scary. I'm guessing the cops were nowhere, doing fuck-all again?

by Anonymousreply 4April 8, 2023 12:00 AM

Politicians constantly signal that LGBT are less than.

People absorb that shit and act out.

by Anonymousreply 5April 8, 2023 12:21 AM

[Quote] What color were they?

Doesn’t matter. They were likely poor, however.

by Anonymousreply 6April 8, 2023 12:22 AM

[quote] They treated him cruelly

They did the same to Sebastian Venables.

by Anonymousreply 7April 8, 2023 12:27 AM

That is a fairly quiet area, particularly on a weeknight.

by Anonymousreply 8April 8, 2023 12:28 AM

[quote]What color were they?

We all know but we're supposed to pretend we don't.

by Anonymousreply 9April 8, 2023 12:30 AM

It's obvious that the attackers tore his jeans.

by Anonymousreply 10April 8, 2023 12:30 AM

There is a video of the suspects at the link if you all want to confirm your biases.

Scary because at 11:30 at night there are gay men walking around everywhere in Hell's Kitchen. So if not him, then someone else.

by Anonymousreply 11April 8, 2023 12:35 AM

Since everybody is an animal these days gays need to start carrying guns

by Anonymousreply 12April 8, 2023 12:36 AM

I always forget that "TheVulture" at r9 is one of the resident Klan members.

by Anonymousreply 13April 8, 2023 12:37 AM

And R13 is Inspector Javert.

by Anonymousreply 14April 8, 2023 12:39 AM

[quote]Doesn’t matter. They were likely poor, however.

If it were a group of white kids attacking a black man, their skin color would be of major importance in the news. And you know that.

[quote]They were likely poor, however.

What would being poor have to with this crime?

by Anonymousreply 15April 8, 2023 12:54 AM

[Quote] If it were a group of white kids attacking a black man, their skin color would be of major importance in the news. And you know that.

That’s because a minority group must constantly show how it’s being attacked for the majority to take notice.

[quote] What would being poor have to with this crime?

Poor people the world over commit most violent crime. Poverty, not race, the direct correlate—throughout history, it has been this way

by Anonymousreply 16April 8, 2023 1:14 AM

none of the transgender hating dataliungers are talking about it, if u do not believe me, post this story on the millions of threads targeting the transgenders n they all will pretend like they did not see ur post, which means these transgender obsessed guys r not gay

by Anonymousreply 17April 8, 2023 1:27 AM

And why are they poor? Too mentally ill to hold a job, no impulse control, and intense fear and hatred of anyone who is remotely normal functioning.

by Anonymousreply 18April 8, 2023 1:38 AM

[quote]That’s because a minority group must constantly show how it’s being attacked for the majority to take notice.

So skin color IS important to this story.

[quote]That’s because a minority group must constantly show how it’s being attacked for the majority to take notice

And in this case the minority happens to be a gay man...as you say: " A minority group must constantly show how it’s being attacked for the majority to take notice"

Thank you for acknowledging that.

[quote]Poor people the world over commit most violent crime. Poverty, not race, the direct correlate—throughout history, it has been this way

This is a HATE crime. It has NOTHING to do with being poor. Don't offend poor people this way.

It has everything to do with bigotry and lack of morals.

by Anonymousreply 19April 8, 2023 1:39 AM

[quote] bigotry

Where? Who?

by Anonymousreply 20April 8, 2023 1:40 AM

R20 Can't you read? "Ribot said that he was walking up Tenth Avenue near 44th Street when the group of seven young people, including at least one woman, used anti-LGBTQ slurs repeatedly against him while he was talking on his cellphone."

by Anonymousreply 21April 8, 2023 1:43 AM

[quote]Poor people the world over commit most violent crime. Poverty, not race, the direct correlate—throughout history, it has been this way

Go to the video at OP and watch it. The group is well dressed. New expensive sneakers. Nothing about them seems poor. Did they try to rob him for money? No.

What a fool you are.

by Anonymousreply 22April 8, 2023 1:48 AM

[quote] The group is well dressed

Better dressed than Mr Ribot.

by Anonymousreply 23April 8, 2023 1:52 AM

New York needs to bring in a new law for all those alphabetic people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 8, 2023 3:45 AM

I think gay men should carry guns. Nothing would tickle me more than reading a report about some basher was shot dead by his victim.

by Anonymousreply 25April 8, 2023 4:15 AM

I'm in my 60s now, I'm so glad and never have regrets about all the decades of fun I experienced hopping the gay clubs on weekend and holiday nights in the city, driving back-and-forth later at night. But I believe the past belongs there, reminiscing about where and whom I was at that particular stage in my life. That said, I could never feel comfortable doing that now, with all the literal violence clubgoers can experience not only in the venues, but drviing to and from them with the distracted crazies on the roads and the rage-filled and mentally ill streetpeople who seem willing to randomly assault and purposely hate or hurt you as you pass by. Bless the younger generations that enjoy doing that -- they need it out there, because our world and people have genuinely gone over-the-edge mad.

by Anonymousreply 26April 8, 2023 4:38 AM

We know what race these savages are

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 8, 2023 4:50 AM

Hi, Mr. Chappelle @ R24!

by Anonymousreply 28April 8, 2023 5:09 AM

Where are the replies from all those who laughably claim NYC is so safe? Have they not seen this thread yet? We need to see them repeat that they have lived there for decades but haven't been attacked or killed yet, so that means it's safe.

by Anonymousreply 29April 8, 2023 5:33 AM

new york is one of the largest n most populated city in the world, the police needs to be on another level to keep the violence under control but they can barely control their own farts let alone the violence

by Anonymousreply 30April 8, 2023 5:49 AM

I haven’t looked at the latest crime figures but NYC does feel safer to me than it did a year ago. The subwqysn are definitely in better shape with plenty of cops. The big problem right now seems to be among black teens with access to guns who kill to settle beefs. NYC is still a relatively safe city compared to most in the US. Plenty of problems so it’s not Nirvana but it’s not Bedlam either.

by Anonymousreply 31April 8, 2023 5:54 AM

..subways

by Anonymousreply 32April 8, 2023 5:54 AM

The problem now with masks is that these little fuckers wear them when they want to commit crimes and protect their identity.

by Anonymousreply 33April 8, 2023 5:59 AM

keep brass knuckles in ur pocket

by Anonymousreply 34April 8, 2023 6:06 AM

I would have killed one of them. Their homophobia is no match for my psychotic rage.

by Anonymousreply 35April 8, 2023 9:23 AM

[quote] these little fuckers wear them when they want to commit crimes and protect their identity.

Even if criminals didn't wear masks, today's media is highly agenda-driven. They will tie themselves in absurd knots to protect their agenda. Or provide over-the-top reportage to promote it.

by Anonymousreply 36April 8, 2023 9:31 AM

R35 You should hire yourself out to the Hell's Kitchen Patrol.

by Anonymousreply 37April 8, 2023 9:32 AM

From NY POST

[quote] This gaggle of seven youths is wanted by the police in a suspected hate crime attack in Midtown Manhattan that left Rafael Ribot with a stab wound to his thigh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 8, 2023 10:21 AM

^ The NY POST article

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 8, 2023 10:21 AM

Never ever engage with people who want to start a fight. Carry a whistle and pepper spray (not a gun or knife). I was all over NYC in the 80s and 90s and we did not have nearly the trouble that exists on the streets today. And we don't have nearly enough cops on the street. I'm glad I'm older and rarely venture out at night and almost never take the subway. This whole country is fucked. VOTE!!

by Anonymousreply 40April 8, 2023 12:04 PM

Today’s kids are truly the most homophobic, misogynistic, ageist & violent generation I’ve ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 41April 8, 2023 12:24 PM

R26- Perhaps part of this mayhem is in part due to the fact that this RIFF RAFF knows that they can commit a crime without having to do any time.

For example- They can steal up to $700 or so worth of merchandise from CVS legally.

by Anonymousreply 42April 8, 2023 12:40 PM

They should all be executed.

Also, the subways should stop going to the neighborhoods where these goons come from. It’s so easy for them to travel to civilization. They should kill each other in their own hell holes and leave us humans alone.

by Anonymousreply 43April 8, 2023 12:46 PM

Cheddar man

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 8, 2023 12:52 PM

[Quote] So skin color IS important to this story...This is a HATE crime. It has NOTHING to do with being poor. Don't offend poor people this way. It has everything to do with bigotry and lack of morals. …Go to the video at OP and watch it. The group is well dressed. New expensive sneakers. Nothing about them seems poor. Did they try to rob him for money? No.

No, race has nothing to do with this story. And yes, poverty has everything to do with it. Poor people commit most violent crimes, even hate crimes. I assure you, not one of the perpetrators is a Harvard educated cardio-vascular surgeon.

It doesn’t matter what you think they’re wearing. Poverty is the always the root cause. Countries that have less wealth disparities have less crime, even hate crime. THAT’S the fact.

by Anonymousreply 45April 8, 2023 1:02 PM

[Quote] Go to the video at OP and watch it. The group is well dressed. New expensive sneakers. Nothing about them seems poor. Did they try to rob him for money? No. What a fool you are.

Wow, such eagles eyes to pinpoint exactly what they’re wearing in a grainy night video.

Even wealthy rappers keep being criminals even when they gain wealth. If that’s how you were when you were poor, you’ll often stay that way.

by Anonymousreply 46April 8, 2023 1:05 PM

[Quote] It has everything to do with bigotry and lack of morals.

Something only Black people have?

by Anonymousreply 47April 8, 2023 1:05 PM

R38, yeah, they look like millionaires.

Give me a break

by Anonymousreply 48April 8, 2023 1:07 PM

[quote]Today’s kids are truly the most homophobic, misogynistic, ageist & violent generation I’ve ever seen.

I agree.

by Anonymousreply 49April 8, 2023 1:07 PM

[Quote] Today’s kids are truly the most homophobic, misogynistic, ageist & violent generation I’ve ever seen.

Sounds like the typical DLer

by Anonymousreply 50April 8, 2023 1:07 PM

And politicians who constantly spout anti-LGBT rhetoric get off scot free

by Anonymousreply 51April 8, 2023 1:08 PM

[Quote] Go to the video at OP and watch it. The group is well dressed. New expensive sneakers. Nothing about them seems poor. Did they try to rob him for money? No. What a fool you are.

At least two are wearing crocs. Real Saville Row dandies…

by Anonymousreply 52April 8, 2023 1:09 PM

It's not just poverty. As of the latest jobs report, black unemployment has hit a record low. Combine that with higher wages and 'you see a pretty decent economic picture. These kids aren't bothering this guy to get money.

by Anonymousreply 53April 8, 2023 1:10 PM

[Quote] Even if criminals didn't wear masks, today's media is highly agenda-driven. They will tie themselves in absurd knots to protect their agenda. Or provide over-the-top reportage to promote it.

Typical media agenda:

If perpetrator is white, he’s a lone wolf with a mental problem.

If black, it’s because all blacks are violent.

If Muslim, he’s a terrorist.

If Latino, he must be an illegal.

by Anonymousreply 54April 8, 2023 1:12 PM

These kids are from a group home. The homes have curfews. If they miss curfew, they roam the streets at all hours of the night. Last year a similar group of kids beat an elderly man to death.

What is the matter with kids today?

Mom is a sleazy streetwalker who did not "believe in abortion" but didn't believe in nurturing her kids either. Dad is not man enough to come out of the closet so he chooses to go to prison as an excuse to have sexual relationships with other men.

by Anonymousreply 55April 8, 2023 1:14 PM

This is an inexcusable act of hate and violence but the people in this thread who are trying to make it a racial thing are in the wrong.

by Anonymousreply 56April 8, 2023 1:14 PM

We've already got 8 billion people on the planet. We can do without the attackers.

by Anonymousreply 57April 8, 2023 1:16 PM

R26 stop—you sound old and infirm…stupid even.

I’m 62, live in Manhattan’s west side…and I’m not in a state of perpetual fear. I enjoy the City, embrace it even…and do s we gay if you see a homeless person. Maybe make eye contact and just say hi. If you see someone truly sketchy, don’t make eye contact and cross the street like as my other savvy Manhattanite.

by Anonymousreply 58April 8, 2023 1:18 PM

This INNER CITY RIFF RAFF used to stay in their own SHITTY neighborhoods but now in the last several years they venture out into the good sections of the city creating chaos.

by Anonymousreply 59April 8, 2023 1:18 PM

R45 Poverty went down in 2020 because of pandemic aid while homicides exploded, and poverty actually rose slightly in NYC during the crime decline of the 90s . Much poorer Pakistan and Vietnam have lower homicide rates than the US while dirt poor El Salvador radically reduced its homicide rate without fixing poverty. Poverty matters but it cannot be the root cause.

by Anonymousreply 60April 8, 2023 2:08 PM

Maybe they are just the normal result of a deeply homophobic society?

by Anonymousreply 61April 8, 2023 2:13 PM

[Quote] Poverty went down in 2020 because of pandemic aid while homicides exploded, and poverty actually rose slightly in NYC during the crime decline of the 90s .

No, poverty overall went up during the pandemic, which is directly responsible for the mild increase in crime that the GOP used to gain NY seats.

Crime directly tracks the state of the economy.

by Anonymousreply 62April 8, 2023 2:17 PM

If it were about poverty, then why did they attack this plainly-dressed man on the street? Why did they harass him with slurs before stabbing him?

They targeted him for being gay, and nearly murdered him for it. All you “Class Warfare” cocksuckers can take your nonsense back to a Bernie rally where it belongs. Stop trying to make us feel sorry for these impoverished little near-murderers. Poverty doesn’t force someone to commit a hate crime against a homosexual. These punks weren’t stealing bread to feed their families. They were fag-bashing.

by Anonymousreply 63April 8, 2023 2:26 PM

here's the mantra for New Yorkers

- it was worse in the 70s and the 80s

- New York has almost 9 million people so your chances of being pushed onto the subway tracks, punched, slashed, stabbed, hit with a stray bullet, robbed or injured or killed in a hit and run are really rather low

-the red states have just as much crime as New York

-I've lived in New York for decades and feel safe

-Rupert Murdoch is behind the perception that crime is up in the city

Repeat daily Repeat daily Repeat daily Repeat daily

by Anonymousreply 64April 8, 2023 2:46 PM

r64 Please tell us which of your assumptions are accurate and which are false.

by Anonymousreply 65April 8, 2023 3:06 PM

You must be new on DL R64

by Anonymousreply 66April 8, 2023 3:09 PM

R64= I will never understand or look at crime stats!

Girl, no matter how much you troll online the numbers don't lie.

by Anonymousreply 67April 8, 2023 3:10 PM

R65

[Quote]I’m 62, live in Manhattan’s west side…and I’m not in a state of perpetual fear. I enjoy the City, embrace it even…and do s we gay if you see a homeless person. Maybe make eye contact and just say hi. If you see someone truly sketchy, don’t make eye contact and cross the street like as my other savvy Manhattanite

by Anonymousreply 68April 8, 2023 3:12 PM

It's a horrible incident, but as R40 already said - NEVER ENGAGE with people like this, no matter how much they are taunting you. That was his big mistake - he admittedly responded to them. Why ?

He would've been better off ignoring them, crossing the street to get away from them, or going into the first business he saw open (store, diner, bar, etc.) in which others were present. Why engage with trouble ?

by Anonymousreply 69April 8, 2023 3:16 PM

Who needs stats when you have the daily news? R67

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 8, 2023 3:16 PM

or CBS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71April 8, 2023 3:18 PM

or ABC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 8, 2023 3:21 PM

[Quote]It's a horrible incident, but as [R40] already said - NEVER ENGAGE with people like this, no matter how much they are taunting you. That was his big mistake - he admittedly responded to them. Why ?

and don't look gay or happy. It's not always about engagement

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73April 8, 2023 3:49 PM

[R73] He doesn't give any details of the circumstances - especially whether or not he engaged with the homeless man. He very well could've been taunting, insulting or threatening the homeless man, which caused the man to punch him if he felt threatened (not saying that it's right). He doesn't tell us, though.

by Anonymousreply 74April 8, 2023 3:56 PM

so many crimes are unprovoked R74 it's almost like you're blaming the victim

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75April 8, 2023 4:03 PM

R75 I'm not blaming the victim at all. I'm just saying that in the post above he gives no details of what happened. For all we know, the homeless man could've been the victim.

by Anonymousreply 76April 8, 2023 4:12 PM

but you're making excuses for the perp R76 JFC!

by Anonymousreply 77April 8, 2023 4:14 PM

It was the woman's fault for talking to a stranger, being in CP so early and standing to close to a tree

-defense attorney at R76

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 8, 2023 4:23 PM

Rafael at the OP has a sweet face. His voice reminds me of Harvey Fierstein.

by Anonymousreply 79April 8, 2023 4:26 PM

[quote]You should hire yourself out to the Hell's Kitchen Patrol.

He tried but Chef Ramsey didn't want him.

by Anonymousreply 80April 8, 2023 4:28 PM

“New expensive sneakers” certainly signals poor hoodlums to me.

by Anonymousreply 81April 8, 2023 4:29 PM

[quote]Even wealthy rappers keep being criminals even when they gain wealth. If that’s how you were when you were poor, you’ll often stay that way.

So then I guess it's not 'tHeY aRe PoOrS!!' then, huh?

In one breath you're saying poverty has everything to do with it, then you say even when rappers become rich and famous, they, too, commit crimes.

So which is it? Poverty or culture?

by Anonymousreply 82April 8, 2023 4:30 PM

How does R1 have so many W&Ws?

by Anonymousreply 83April 8, 2023 4:36 PM

AND R9?

by Anonymousreply 84April 8, 2023 4:36 PM

White males commit the overwhelming number of violent crimes by an enormous margin.

by Anonymousreply 85April 8, 2023 4:38 PM

The kicks are stolen or purchased with through fraudulent means

by Anonymousreply 86April 8, 2023 4:38 PM

[quote]Mom is a sleazy streetwalker who did not "believe in abortion" but didn't believe in nurturing her kids either. Dad is not man enough to come out of the closet so he chooses to go to prison as an excuse to have sexual relationships with other men.

Where are you pulling this bullshit from? No one "chooses to go to prison." What a homophobic load of shit.

by Anonymousreply 87April 8, 2023 4:39 PM

I imagine that the suspects were disrespected in some way by the victim.

by Anonymousreply 88April 8, 2023 4:57 PM

So... you're just blaming the victim, R88? The victim of this hate crime? He had it coming because he "disrespected" someone?

And you clearly didn't read the article, either.

Cool cool.

by Anonymousreply 89April 8, 2023 5:01 PM

White supremacy!

They need more programs and opportunities. It’s not cultural rod regelated largely to one small demographic group. Nope.

by Anonymousreply 90April 8, 2023 5:03 PM

Bless your heart, r89.

Oh, and welcome to Datalounge. I see you're new.

by Anonymousreply 91April 8, 2023 5:09 PM

[quote]I imagine that the suspects were disrespected in some way by the victim.

Aw, HELL no! That changes everything.

by Anonymousreply 92April 8, 2023 5:10 PM

Sounds like this guy has a big mouth (as I do) which got him stabbed. Not victim blaming but this is a good reminder to stay quiet and cross the street.

The kids should be executed (to be clear).

by Anonymousreply 93April 8, 2023 5:28 PM

[quote]I imagine that the suspects were disrespected in some way by the victim.

It was his fault because he’s white and gay. His mere existence is an affront on black peoples.

by Anonymousreply 94April 8, 2023 5:28 PM

R62 This is false, government aid drove the poverty rate down in both 2020 and 2021. Moreover, economic recessions and depressions don’t lead to increases in violence, in fact the opposite occurs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95April 8, 2023 5:30 PM

Sadly because the victim isn't trans, there will be crickets

by Anonymousreply 96April 8, 2023 5:30 PM

R85 This is absolutely not true by the most reliable measure of violent crime: homicide. It’s not even close.

by Anonymousreply 97April 8, 2023 5:34 PM

You can’t and won’t convince that person R97. They are a blue Trumper.

by Anonymousreply 98April 8, 2023 5:36 PM

R97, it's absolutely true for homicide.

You might want to do a quick google search before spouting off with more bullshit. We all see right through you, troll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99April 8, 2023 5:41 PM

[quote]Sadly because the victim isn't trans, there will be crickets

Yeah that's why we have a hundred+ posts thead on DL with linked news coverage.

You trans haters are the biggest idiots on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 100April 8, 2023 5:43 PM

This is a gay website. ^

by Anonymousreply 101April 8, 2023 5:44 PM

If only there had been a social worker present.

by Anonymousreply 102April 8, 2023 5:44 PM

What comical white eldergay caricatures I see here again and again

by Anonymousreply 103April 8, 2023 5:47 PM

Troll @ R102, it's THE COPS' jobs to protect against violent crimes. But we all know cops stopped doing their jobs in 2020 because they're cowardly little BITCHES who got their wittle feewings huwt when protestors criticized them, boo hoo.

What the fuck are you bringing social workers into it for, troll?

by Anonymousreply 104April 8, 2023 5:48 PM

They need help

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105April 8, 2023 5:49 PM

R99 This is among known offenders from 2019 which shows 6,578 homicide victims. There were 19,141 homicide victims that year so that table barely covers a 1/3 of total homicides. Meanwhile, in 2019 there were about 10,090 black homicide victims. Since almost all homicide is intra-racial (and black on white homicide is more common than the reverse), this means black offenders accounted for about 52% of homicides that year, a majority. This gap has only got worse since 2019.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106April 8, 2023 5:50 PM

"Maybe if Eldergays stopped prancing around, misgendering and disrespecting their betters, this shit wouldn't happen!"

by Anonymousreply 107April 8, 2023 5:55 PM

Fact check: False data on U.S. racial murder rates

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108April 8, 2023 5:59 PM

Now I have to go all through my blocked list to put the little klan member on hold

by Anonymousreply 109April 8, 2023 6:00 PM

R108 Yes most violent crime is within races.

by Anonymousreply 110April 8, 2023 6:04 PM

R108. What's your point? That idiots post on the internet. Thank you. We know.

Yes, of course, only rely on stats from official sources and even then question methodology

by Anonymousreply 111April 8, 2023 6:05 PM

[quote]—DL's Non-Eldergay Contingent, will not age further than 37

Oh, honey, you're confused. At 37, you ARE an eldergay.

by Anonymousreply 112April 8, 2023 6:10 PM

[quote]Poverty is the always the root cause.

No it is not. Stop demonizing poor people.

This attack is the result of a lack of morality.

by Anonymousreply 113April 8, 2023 6:20 PM

There was a similar swarm attack in Toronto on a homeless man. A similar group of 7-8 youths, most under 18, who swarmed and killed him. Over a liquor bottle. Its a morality issue. No respect for human life.

And this likely starts at home. Being raised by a single parent who has to work long hours, non existent or deadbeat father, grandma doing all the heavy lifting in terms of raising the kids, no discipline, letting them roam the streets all night. Were you allowed to go out all night at 13-15? Likely not. And yes there is likely a "thug culture" mentality involved there too. School, education and work isnt respected. They get mixed up in a gang and feel like part of a family, which they lack at home.

by Anonymousreply 114April 8, 2023 6:45 PM

[quote]Stop demonizing poor people.

That’s what so many gays do.

by Anonymousreply 115April 8, 2023 7:10 PM

It's interesting how many posts there were saying that Bob Lee, the CashApp founder, was basically asking to be murdered because he dared to be outside at 2:30.

No one is holding this victim to the same insane standard. I'm honestly not quite sure why. Is it just because people hate billionaires?

For the record, I think all murders and assaults are 100% the fault of the murderer or attacker. I don't believe in people "asking for it" by not behaving perfectly. If doing dumb or ill-advised shit means you deserve to be butchered, then all of us should by rights be long dead and unmourned because we were "asking for it."

And also for the record, every one of these kids who attacked that man is a fucking piece of shit and I don't care if they were rich, or poor, or black or white. No fucking excuse. Pieces of shit.

by Anonymousreply 116April 8, 2023 7:29 PM

That's an excellent point, r116.

Truly, it is.

by Anonymousreply 117April 8, 2023 7:37 PM

Is Hell’s Kitchen as crime-ridden as San Francisco?

by Anonymousreply 118April 8, 2023 8:10 PM

How big was this knife?

How big was the wound?

No pictures available.

by Anonymousreply 119April 8, 2023 9:46 PM

Mob mentality at its worst. Taunts are bad enough, but it takes just one ass hole to escalate the situation by physical assault for the rest of the pack to go feral.

The most dangerous time of day in Hell's Kitchen? 3 o'clock on any weekday that public school is in session; we have throngs of "students" from the six or so area high schools looking for fun following a hard day of wasting our tax dollars.

by Anonymousreply 120April 8, 2023 10:16 PM

Article said 4” deep puncture wound in thigh, R119.

by Anonymousreply 121April 8, 2023 10:22 PM

Mr Ribot was out of hospital the morning after.

by Anonymousreply 122April 8, 2023 10:29 PM

There's got to be a morning after.

by Anonymousreply 123April 8, 2023 10:32 PM

He got a knife wound in the morning, went to hospital and alerted the press all on the same morning .

by Anonymousreply 124April 8, 2023 10:39 PM

[quote]Is Hell’s Kitchen as crime-ridden as San Francisco?

There's no comparison. For starters, Hell's Kitchen is a section of Manhattan, which is a borough of New York City.

Had you asked "Is New York City as crime-ridden as San Francisco?" that would be more valid. Nevertheless, the section of San Francisco where that tech guy was killed is considered exceptionally safe, even having its own security patrols. So neither victim was in a crime-ridden area.

by Anonymousreply 125April 8, 2023 11:05 PM

^ just your average NYC night

by Anonymousreply 126April 8, 2023 11:16 PM

[Quote] This is false, government aid drove the poverty rate down in both 2020 and 2021. Moreover, economic recessions and depressions don’t lead to increases in violence, in fact the opposite occurs.

Please, the effect is not immediate. It’s often delayed by a year or two. In fact economic recessions and depressions ALWAYS lead to increases in violence

by Anonymousreply 127April 9, 2023 12:53 AM

[Quote] In one breath you're saying poverty has everything to do with it, then you say even when rappers become rich and famous, they, too, commit crimes. So which is it? Poverty or culture?

The culture of poverty

by Anonymousreply 128April 9, 2023 12:58 AM

I know a lot of highly educated black professionals. Not one has committed a violent crime.

Culture or poverty?

by Anonymousreply 129April 9, 2023 12:58 AM

No, R129, the paucity of culture.

by Anonymousreply 130April 9, 2023 12:59 AM

[Quote] “New expensive sneakers” certainly signals poor hoodlums to me.

In fact, that’s exactly what it signals. New expensive sneakers are a status symbol in the ghetto

by Anonymousreply 131April 9, 2023 1:00 AM

[Quote] If it were about poverty, then why did they attack this plainly-dressed man on the street? Why did they harass him with slurs before stabbing him? Poverty doesn’t force someone to commit a hate crime against a homosexual. These punks weren’t stealing bread to feed their families. They were fag-bashing.

Because violent crime isn’t always about feeding a poor family. Poverty leads to a culture of violence. Again, this is seen throughout the world and throughout history. Middle class and wealthy people have absolutely no reason to bash someone. This is exactly how poor people, often repressed by society and told their whole lives they are worthless, act.

by Anonymousreply 132April 9, 2023 1:04 AM

[Quote] No, [R129], the paucity of culture.

They still have a culture

by Anonymousreply 133April 9, 2023 1:05 AM

[Quote] And this likely starts at home. Being raised by a single parent who has to work long hours, non existent or deadbeat father, grandma doing all the heavy lifting in terms of raising the kids, no discipline, letting them roam the streets all night. Were you allowed to go out all night at 13-15? Likely not. And yes there is likely a "thug culture" mentality involved there too. School, education and work isnt respected. They get mixed up in a gang and feel like part of a family, which they lack at home.

Every one of those things starts with poverty.

by Anonymousreply 134April 9, 2023 1:06 AM

[quote]Middle class and wealthy people have absolutely no reason to bash someone.

But they often do.

by Anonymousreply 135April 9, 2023 1:12 AM

[quote] why did they attack this plainly-dressed man on the street?

No, not plain at all.

Look at the video at the 45 minute mark; elaborately embroidered distressed jeans and some religious jewellery.

by Anonymousreply 136April 9, 2023 1:13 AM

We must keep alert on the streets at all times when alone, pay attention.

Note your surroundings. If you see a group (and they come in every race and ethnicity) approaching, assume the worst and cross the street to avoid interaction.

Move in a casual manner so as not to exhibit fear.

Duck into a busy store or restaurant. Move off the sidewalk and into vehicular traffic lane.

Do not give the group the opportunity to engage.

Chances are the strangers are harmless. I wouldn't take the risk.

Stay safe.

by Anonymousreply 137April 9, 2023 1:52 AM

[quote]If you see a group (and they come in every race and ethnicity)

Yeah right. Especially those groups of Japanese tourists.

by Anonymousreply 138April 9, 2023 2:01 AM

KIDS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139April 9, 2023 2:04 AM

and more kids

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140April 9, 2023 2:06 AM

[quote]There's no comparison. For starters, Hell's Kitchen is a section of Manhattan, which is a borough of New York City.

Yas kween, they’re both hard-left regardless, which means they are crime-ridden. Just like Boystown and West Hollywood, two drug-filled, prostitute, crime-ridden shit holes.

by Anonymousreply 141April 9, 2023 2:19 AM

Gay boroughs are cesspits.

by Anonymousreply 142April 9, 2023 2:21 AM

[Quote]They still have a culture

gangsta culture

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143April 9, 2023 2:24 AM

y r liberal news sites n papers not showing the pictures of the attackers, like the replublican newyork post is showing. The new york post is the daily mail of the america n everyone will help them become the most popular news site if the liberal news cowards continue refusing to post pictures like them

by Anonymousreply 144April 9, 2023 2:30 AM

Genius R138: Never discount the ruthless Chinese tongs.

See that nice waiter who just served your General Tso's Tofu? Heh heh, jackass. Ever notice how no "round eye" shit happens in Chinatown?

by Anonymousreply 145April 9, 2023 2:30 AM

R145 Is so stupid he thinks the Japanese are Chinese.

BTW: The Chinatowns of America are low crime areas. And if I saw a group of Chinese youth coming my way, I'd just assume they're coming off their work shift.

by Anonymousreply 146April 9, 2023 2:34 AM

what else would you except from a sociologist who spends their time on DL R146?

by Anonymousreply 147April 9, 2023 2:40 AM

^ expect

by Anonymousreply 148April 9, 2023 3:32 AM

Well-articulated, R144.

by Anonymousreply 149April 9, 2023 3:56 AM

You could understand that twitter-speak with the y’s, r’s, and n’s?

by Anonymousreply 150April 9, 2023 4:01 AM

"Sadly because the victim isn't trans, there will be crickets"

Said the 96th respondent two thirds of the way through the thread.

I guess if you really want to win the opression olympics, go for the gold!

by Anonymousreply 151April 9, 2023 4:07 AM

R150

'y’ = why

'r’ = are

'n’- and.

'It's the new small talk, don't you know'.

by Anonymousreply 152April 9, 2023 4:33 AM

The pictures show what race the attackers were. (hint: it wasn't white!)

I also think the victim was Latino.

by Anonymousreply 153April 9, 2023 5:13 AM

He doesn't look latinx. He is clearly Libyan or Iraqi.

by Anonymousreply 154April 9, 2023 5:24 AM

Regardless, the perps were Black (at least some of them).

And don't use LatinX. It's offensive--it's literal linguistic colonization being perpetrated by the very people who scream "colonizers!" all the time.

by Anonymousreply 155April 9, 2023 5:27 AM

Yer. And don't use QueerX. It's offensive.

by Anonymousreply 156April 9, 2023 5:57 AM

"And don't use LatinX. It's offensive--it's literal linguistic colonization being perpetrated by the very people who scream "colonizers!" all the time."

What a liar you are.

How about we go to a dictionary about the origins of the word instead of what a bigot claims it to be, bigot?

I'm guessing your one of the many straight white people who cheered when Trump locked up children and destroyed families because of the "Very Bad OME-BRAYS" from the "rapist" country of "Mexico" which is what all of you assholes think of as any country where they don't speak English.

I'm Latinx and guess what? It was straight white America who turned my country into your legal gambling casino/ whorehouse/ abortion clinic and eventually caused a revolution.

Now I'm a US citizen. This happens when an empire loses control of the places they fucked over.

Your little colonialized birds came home to roost.

So don't fucking lecture me about colonization you white piece of shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157April 9, 2023 6:33 AM

R157 Best comment ever about latinx.

by Anonymousreply 158April 9, 2023 10:25 AM

[quote]white

Capitalize White, stop being a supremacist.

by Anonymousreply 159April 9, 2023 12:02 PM

They are just following the style guide…..

by Anonymousreply 160April 9, 2023 1:04 PM

R157, it's the equivalent of the pronoun nonsense. No one cares what you prefer to be called unless you wear a t-shirt with the message on it.

by Anonymousreply 161April 9, 2023 1:22 PM

Stop worrying about what color the attackers were. They were young, teenaged, or slightly older men, acting as a group...filled with rage, entitlement, and God knows what else. Too often, young men are homophobic, sexist, racist, or a combination of all three.

I'm grateful the man was not more seriously injured or killed. A couple of years ago, I was walking alone in an affluent area. A group of white, teenaged, young men passed by me in a car and yelled out "F@gg*t."

Yes, the group gives them license. But it's their parents or guardians who are to blame. They learn hatred at home. These brats ought to be punished. So too should the parents or guardians.

by Anonymousreply 162April 9, 2023 1:34 PM

You shouldn't have been prancing around in an affluent white neighborhood R162

by Anonymousreply 163April 9, 2023 1:37 PM

Teen culture

Two boys and girl allegedly approached a 49-year-old man at Caffrey Avenue and Mott Avenue around 2:45 p.m. Friday and began throwing rocks at him while shouting hateful comments, police said.

The girl then brandished a razor towards the victim before a Good Samaritan intervened and the suspects fled, according to cops.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164April 9, 2023 1:45 PM

R145 is a stupid racist

by Anonymousreply 165April 9, 2023 1:52 PM

Enlightened, progressive New York City.

by Anonymousreply 166April 9, 2023 2:43 PM

Almost all of the people featured in the posts and links on this thread are ghetto trash, and I bet that most of them don’t even know who their father is. Everybody knows this, but of course we are supposed to pretend that this isn’t the case, and think of these cunts as ‘victims’.

by Anonymousreply 167April 9, 2023 4:59 PM

[quote]Almost all of the people featured in the posts and links on this thread are ghetto trash

And we can spot them a mile way. But according to some here, we need to be wary of "everyone". Obviously those posters no nothing about "street smarts". If you live in a city like NYC, you know who to be careful around.

by Anonymousreply 168April 9, 2023 5:28 PM

[quote]Obviously those posters no nothing about "street smarts".

About as much as you know about grammar.

by Anonymousreply 169April 9, 2023 6:04 PM

[Quote]So don't fucking lecture me about colonization you white piece of shit.

Did you make clear during the naturalization process to obtain USA citizenship that you hate Whitey?

by Anonymousreply 170April 9, 2023 6:13 PM

[quote] So don't fucking lecture me about colonization you white piece of shit.

First, I'm NOT white, you dumb "spic" oh excuse me----LatinX!

Moreover, if you actually read about the term, you'd know only 3% of your compadres like the term. So you're in quite the minority, cholo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171April 9, 2023 6:37 PM

I know, R170. The whole naturalization process needs to be overhauled.

by Anonymousreply 172April 9, 2023 6:48 PM

I imagine the Democrats following this story are upset to learn it’s not a bunch of Trump supporters that attacked this man. You’ll learn a lot more when you grow up.

by Anonymousreply 173April 9, 2023 11:49 PM

R163 Eggsacly. A black dude in a hoodie prancing around like a fag in a rich white hood? LOL. Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 174April 10, 2023 12:13 AM

R169 STFU, grammar asshole.

by Anonymousreply 175April 10, 2023 12:14 AM

[quote] I'm grateful the man was not more seriously injured or killed.

Any updates from the hospital?

by Anonymousreply 176April 10, 2023 12:18 AM

[quote]I imagine the Democrats following this story are upset to learn it’s not a bunch of Trump supporters that attacked this man. You’ll learn a lot more when you grow up.

The truth is, for the most part, the mayhem on our streets is not caused by MAGATS.

Even if Jussie Smollett wants us to believe otherwise...

by Anonymousreply 177April 10, 2023 12:24 AM

Big, tough, "street smarts" guy at r175 got his fee fees hurt because he showed his ignorance.

WTG there, tough guy.

by Anonymousreply 178April 10, 2023 1:47 AM

R178 Uh...no.

That poster at R175 is not me.

I wrote the post at R168. I made a spelling mistake. Not a grammar mistake. Unfortunately DL does not have an edit feature.

BTW: I have great respect for the DL grammar trolls. English is my second language and help is always welcome.

by Anonymousreply 179April 10, 2023 1:53 AM

[quote] Politicians constantly signal that LGBT are less than.

The politicians who do that ---Repubs, etc.---- are not the ones these perps listen to or care about.

In fact, these perps are the ones the "progressives" love to make excuses for and excuse their violence and homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 180April 10, 2023 2:03 AM

[quote]I think gay men should carry guns. Nothing would tickle me more than reading a report about some basher was shot dead by his victim.

r25 I'm honestly shocked at how many don't, considering. We've been ahead of most of you with this method for decades. Maybe hop on board the 9 milli train?

by Anonymousreply 181April 10, 2023 2:08 AM

R24 Shit happening like this I can't believe. Bring on this, and bring on a world where Trump is going to seem like paradise in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 182April 10, 2023 2:24 AM

[quote] I think gay men should carry guns. Nothing would tickle me more than reading a report about some basher was shot dead by his victim.

I have a Glock 19 (Concealed carry) and an AR-15 for home defense.

I been gay bashed before.

No one is ever going to do that to me again! EVER

by Anonymousreply 183April 10, 2023 2:41 AM

[quote]If it were about poverty, then why did they attack this plainly-dressed man on the street?

It's incredible to me that DLers are so insistent that, if one single example of crime cannot immediately be proven to have money as the motive, then the DECADES of solid research showing the link between poverty and crime must be all lies.

You sound like the morons who say "it snowed in April, that proves there's no climate change."

Of course this is the kind of thing you're going to see a lot of in threads where someone says "well you black faggot shouldn't have been prancing around in a white neighborhood anyway."

It's embarrassing how dumb so many of you are, even more embarrassing that Mediapolis has no problem sponsoring threads like these.

by Anonymousreply 184April 10, 2023 2:50 AM

I know martial arts, r183. I don't need a gun.

by Anonymousreply 185April 10, 2023 2:57 AM

R182 But I found it on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 186April 10, 2023 3:13 AM

Goin' to hell in a handbag

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187April 10, 2023 7:06 AM

Kill someone your own age!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188April 10, 2023 1:47 PM

R181, it’s nearly impossible to get a carry permit in NYC.

Of course, it probably wouldn’t matter even if you got caught because Bragg doesn’t prosecute anything less than murder 1. Unless you’re white.

by Anonymousreply 189April 10, 2023 1:52 PM

That episode of The Twilight Zone set in the utopian future where they just dispose of children with "undesirable attributes" looks better and better to me every day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190April 10, 2023 2:12 PM

R 190 if that were to happen NY would have zero population growth

by Anonymousreply 191April 10, 2023 2:24 PM

That’s terrible what happened to the old man at r188, but it makes you wonder why his family hadn’t intervened to move him out of NYC to some place safe.

by Anonymousreply 192April 10, 2023 3:46 PM

^ Paging Snake Plissken

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193April 10, 2023 4:17 PM

Jules Feiffer's Little Murders seems so prescient

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194April 10, 2023 4:18 PM

R192, because the burden should not be on an elderly NYC resident to flee for their life to someplace safer.

Just as the burden should not be on gay people to be armed to the teeth to avoid being assaulted or killed.

Or on women to wear burqas and chastity belts to avoid being raped.

It's depressing how many people immediately find a way to blame the victims of these crimes, even when the victims are minorities.

Do you feel that most of the fault in Jan 6 belonged to the members of Congress for not making the Capitol Building more secure? Or for not grappling hand-to-hand with the intruders?

by Anonymousreply 195April 10, 2023 4:23 PM

^ BUMP

by Anonymousreply 196April 10, 2023 4:24 PM

[Quote] move him out of NYC to some place safe.

So who should live in NY if it's not a safe place R192?

by Anonymousreply 197April 10, 2023 4:35 PM

[quote] So who should live in NY if it's not a safe place

Indeed.

by Anonymousreply 198April 10, 2023 6:55 PM

[Quote] because the burden should not be on an elderly NYC resident to flee for their life to someplace safer.

Indeed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199April 10, 2023 10:30 PM

Times Square: HK adjacent

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200April 17, 2023 7:24 PM

Love that the screen shot shows a rainbow sign with the words WE ARE ALL HUMAN

by Anonymousreply 201April 17, 2023 8:04 PM

[quote] The politicians who do that ---Repubs, etc.---- are not the ones these perps listen to or care about.

It's not that anyone is listening specifically to one politicians. Anti-gay speech from politicians, religious figure, etc, just gets into the culture. Gays are accepted as less than equal and acceptable targets to beat up on.

A culture of poverty and violence go hand in hand.

by Anonymousreply 202April 18, 2023 12:40 PM

In another case targeting gay men. 17 victims 2 deaths

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203April 18, 2023 4:06 PM

R203 No surprise there...

by Anonymousreply 204April 18, 2023 9:15 PM

the club should be sued as the murder accomplice for knowingly letting these happen for this long

by Anonymousreply 205April 18, 2023 11:20 PM

R183- build ur body, join a kick boxing gym or swim bcoz if ur body is weak, the attackers will just snatch ur gun

by Anonymousreply 206April 18, 2023 11:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!