Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Clarence Thomas has FOR DECADES accepted luxury trips from GOP donor every year disclosure

What's to be done? By whom?

I'm shocked this has not been investigated FOR DECADES?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145April 9, 2023 4:29 PM

Can the Executive and Legislature investigate and remove him?

People harp on about Separation of Powers and that the SC is meant to act as a check to hold the other branches to account.

But surely that sword cuts both ways? Is it not the responsibility of the other branches to investigate corruption like this and hold the SC to account?

by Anonymousreply 1April 6, 2023 11:11 AM

Oh, how shocking. Everything else he's done has been so above-board! Oh well, at least he has his Ginny -- the bastion of mental health and fairness.

by Anonymousreply 2April 6, 2023 11:15 AM

He’s what Granny Hall would call a real bad negro.

by Anonymousreply 3April 6, 2023 11:18 AM

Can you imagine those two pigs going at it 🤮

by Anonymousreply 4April 6, 2023 11:19 AM

Uncle Clarence thinks he's untouchable and up to this point, he's been right. But a lot of people think they're untouchable until they're not. Personally, I think the miserable old prick would just drop dead one day & then the knives will be out for Ginny. Or at least that's what I hope, anyway

by Anonymousreply 5April 6, 2023 11:20 AM

It pains me that he turned out to be such a nutjob.

Nice thing to say: I do believe he adores his wife. She’s lucky in that sense, as he is, too.

by Anonymousreply 6April 6, 2023 11:47 AM

He's even gone to Bohemian Grove with Harlan Crow. You couldn't make this more stereotypically corrupt if you tried.

by Anonymousreply 7April 6, 2023 11:47 AM

Are we saying no one in Washington or the democratic party knew about this?

by Anonymousreply 8April 6, 2023 11:55 AM

Then he gives an interview saying he likes Walmart parking lots and RV camping or some bs. Would rather travel in the US than Europe.

by Anonymousreply 9April 6, 2023 12:39 PM

Apologists for democratic party inaction and underwhelming performance, why didn't the party go after this guy all these years?

by Anonymousreply 10April 6, 2023 12:43 PM

Very good, r10. You get one extra swig of potato vodka for your work today.

by Anonymousreply 11April 6, 2023 12:46 PM

Well, he's the OP, r11. He was trying to make this all the Democrats' fault from the very beginning with the "why didn't anyone investigate" bullshit.

I'd say nearly all news articles posted here about Republican corruption are posted by trolls who are simply trying to spin the narrative. We haven't had a genuine discussion about anything newsworthy in years. It's all been overwhelmed by spin, propaganda, lies, trolling, and utter stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 12April 6, 2023 12:51 PM

[quote]Then he gives an interview saying he likes Walmart parking lots and RV camping or some bs. Would rather travel in the US than Europe.

I saw that in the Propublica Twitter thread, r9. Makes me wonder if what he always wanted to be was a politician, because he really has been pandering to the public a lot, as if he thinks he's running for office.

He's shameless though, he won't resign no matter what comes out about him.

by Anonymousreply 13April 6, 2023 12:54 PM

Ginny Thomas = fat 🐮

by Anonymousreply 14April 6, 2023 12:55 PM

The GOP would never support impeaching him, and he knows it.

by Anonymousreply 15April 6, 2023 12:57 PM

^ and so no one did anything. Right?

by Anonymousreply 16April 6, 2023 1:51 PM

There's no way those 2 have ever had sex.

by Anonymousreply 17April 6, 2023 1:56 PM

[quote] He was trying to make this all the Democrats' fault from the very beginning with the "why didn't anyone investigate" bullshit.

Yes. You are correct. So, answer me. Why didn't they? Who should have been investigating this then. The republicans?

by Anonymousreply 18April 6, 2023 1:56 PM

Lock him up for breaking the law.

by Anonymousreply 19April 6, 2023 1:57 PM

Ah it takes a republican. R11 I stand corrected. We can definitely rely on the democrats to do nothing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 6, 2023 2:01 PM

Ginni probably loves the GOP donor perks. It would be hilarious if it was revealed that she was having an affair with a donor.

by Anonymousreply 21April 6, 2023 2:04 PM

[quote] It would be hilarious if it was revealed that she was having an affair with a donor.

Interspecies sex? Hot!

by Anonymousreply 22April 6, 2023 2:06 PM

Why be outraged over this? Don't you know about the beer and some trans??? Priorities!!

by Anonymousreply 23April 6, 2023 2:14 PM

Someone needs to light a fire on fucking Dick Durbin's ass. Whitehouse is the only one I ever constantly hear talking about this.

by Anonymousreply 24April 6, 2023 2:17 PM

Why are people attacking the OP? He's absolutely right about the Dems. Right now, we're witnessing THREE Dems in the TN statehouse who are about to be expelled by Republicans. Dems are spineless. The only reason they are winning is because Republicans are absolute scum and the voters are stepping up. Dems know they're dealing with evil, so deal with them like the evil people that they are. The senate judiciary committee should be demanding a code of ethics. The SC is not impenetrable.

by Anonymousreply 25April 6, 2023 2:28 PM

A Supreme Court justice can be impeached by the House and his/her removal is voted on in the Senate. Here's an article which was published last year at this time in which the procedure is discussed at length.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 6, 2023 2:40 PM

Oh we couldn't! The republicans would never allow us!

by Anonymousreply 27April 6, 2023 2:44 PM

That this has been going on for 20 years and no one in the media investigated until ProPublica, is disgusting beyond words. What nerve to point to "banana republics" when this country has been one for a very long time.

by Anonymousreply 28April 6, 2023 3:08 PM

I hope when the Democrats take control of both the House, Senate, and White House they remember to fix this mistake of how to remove Justices, along with people in "untouchable" positions with legislations that can't easily be changed when party controls are changed in the future. This game of wasting time when party control switches of reversing everything the previous party did is ridiculous. We never move forward with any new, important work while the bullshit keeps going like it is.

by Anonymousreply 29April 6, 2023 3:22 PM

If anyone is surprised by this, I DO have a bridge up for sale!

by Anonymousreply 30April 6, 2023 3:28 PM

Now is the time for the Dems to do profound overhaul to SCOTUS- Increasing the current 9 Justices to 13 (13 fed districts), 25 years term limits with option to renew with Senate approval, detailed rules on gifts, conflicts, etc. If we can get Manchin and Sinema on board it is do-able

by Anonymousreply 31April 6, 2023 3:30 PM

Nothing will happen.

He won’t resign.

He won’t be impeached.

He won’t recuse himself from any cases.

There is literally nothing that can be done. Only Thomas himself can decide he’s a baddie and leave willingly….. and he’s not about to do so.

by Anonymousreply 32April 6, 2023 3:37 PM

[quote] Now is the time for the Dems to do profound overhaul to SCOTUS

While GOP has control of the House.

Sure, hon.

by Anonymousreply 33April 6, 2023 3:38 PM

And while we let him take his annual cruises, we lost Roe v Wade... It's unthinkable, it hurts so much

by Anonymousreply 34April 6, 2023 3:38 PM

R30, it's not that it's surprising. It's the fact that it's being shoved in our faces and the Democrats are not doing a fucking thing to demand Thomas resign. If they had known this when the Dems had the House and Senate, why was a code of ethics not demanded? Because of "rules"? Jim Jordan heads up the HJC and is having hearings on the "weaponization of the fed. govt" The motherfucker is literally trying to weaponize his power to go after Bragg. I mean that's how insane and corrupt the GOP is. He's trying to abuse a power he doesn't even have! The Dems are not playing hardball. They're trying to use rules while the GOP has set fire to those rules.

It's like having a drug cartel holding hearings on the DEA.

by Anonymousreply 35April 6, 2023 3:39 PM

[Quote] And while we let him take his annual cruises, we lost Roe v Wade... It's unthinkable, it hurts so much

I blame white women for the loss of Roe v Wade. They still vote for the GOP by a majority

by Anonymousreply 36April 6, 2023 3:39 PM

[quote]If we can get Manchin and Sinema on board it is do-able

Bless your heart.

by Anonymousreply 37April 6, 2023 3:41 PM

We need to at least bring back the filibuster for SCOTUS judges. That at least assured there would be some moderation ( admittedly it didn’t work for Thomas). Also, term limits would be good.

My ideal would be to have 15 judges, 9 of whom would randomly be assigned to specific cases.

by Anonymousreply 38April 6, 2023 3:41 PM

The United States is a joke. It’s as corrupt as fuck. So much for the Bicentennial Schoolhouse Rock platitudes we Gen Xers we’re told as children. It’s rotting away but by bit every day.

by Anonymousreply 39April 6, 2023 3:46 PM

God forbid Biden expand the court the way so many have asked him to do, 'cause "tradition." Five fucking people deciding based on donors rather than the constitution and doing the exact opposite of what the overwhelming majority of the American people want, is so healthy for the survival a democracy.

by Anonymousreply 40April 6, 2023 3:47 PM

Is the donor Lindell?

by Anonymousreply 41April 6, 2023 3:49 PM

Really OP you're shocked?

Americans are the dumbest cunts on the planet. We let the rich do whatever they want without question BUT HER EMAILS?!?!?!?!

by Anonymousreply 42April 6, 2023 3:49 PM

Republican megadonor Harlan Crow

by Anonymousreply 43April 6, 2023 3:50 PM

This guy is pretty much in my top three for most repulsive in government.

by Anonymousreply 44April 6, 2023 3:52 PM

[quote]God forbid Biden expand the court the way so many have asked him to do, 'cause "tradition."

I suspect the real reason is because he knows the GOP would further expand the court the moment they get back in power, and we'll eventually have as many Supreme Court judges as U.S. representatives.

by Anonymousreply 45April 6, 2023 3:53 PM

This should be front page news everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 46April 6, 2023 3:53 PM

Good God, I thought it was a photo, but this is a painting that goes along with the story.

One of the people is of course, Leonard Leo (Federalist Society):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 6, 2023 3:56 PM

[Quote] This should be front page news everywhere.

It is actually. First reported in Politico and now in all papers

by Anonymousreply 48April 6, 2023 3:57 PM

It’s a high-tech lynching!

by Anonymousreply 49April 6, 2023 3:57 PM

Oh, and Mark Paoletta is Ginni's 1/6 lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 50April 6, 2023 3:57 PM

[Quote] Good God, I thought it was a photo, but this is a painting that goes along with the story.

And we all know exactly what the white guys in that photo are thinking: “Dumb ass N…”

by Anonymousreply 51April 6, 2023 3:58 PM

[quote]It would be hilarious if it was revealed that she was having an affair with a donor.

A hilarious appetite suppressant, yes.

by Anonymousreply 52April 6, 2023 3:58 PM

[quote] Really OP you're shocked? Americans are the dumbest cunts on the planet.

No, I'm not shocked that Americans are stupid. I'm shocked that the liberal Democrats took no action.

They let the Republican and right-wing SC eviscerate women's rights when they had this weapon right in front of them they could have gone nuclear with.

What others are there that we don't know about?

I still don't get it. None of the liberal Democrats here have posted an answer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 6, 2023 3:58 PM

R47, why would the guy on the left be painted sleeping?

by Anonymousreply 54April 6, 2023 3:59 PM

I’m waiting for an announcement from the Federalist Society that ethics rules are “woke.”

by Anonymousreply 55April 6, 2023 3:59 PM

[Quote] No, I'm not shocked that Americans are stupid. I'm shocked that the liberal Democrats took no action.

What action can Dems take exactly?

by Anonymousreply 56April 6, 2023 3:59 PM

[Quote] I'm shocked that the liberal Democrats took no action.

Really? Dems are Americans too. DUMB! ALL!

by Anonymousreply 57April 6, 2023 4:00 PM

I was SHOCKED by this (and did you hear, there's GAMBLING in Casablanca)!

Clarence and his wife have always been corrupt pigs. And when any ethics reform for SCOTUS is even discussed, they all clutch the pearls and act holier than Jesus. At the least, these fuckwads should have term limits.

by Anonymousreply 58April 6, 2023 4:00 PM

I can't believe OP showed up with a sockpuppet to start screaming "this is all the Dems fault!" with a different account. Incredible.

by Anonymousreply 59April 6, 2023 4:02 PM

r59=bipolar mental case. Take your meds, hon!

by Anonymousreply 60April 6, 2023 4:05 PM

Either the Congress does something about SCOTUS corruption, or there needs to be some Second Amendment remedies.

by Anonymousreply 61April 6, 2023 4:14 PM

Yeah? Well…uh…Hillary Clinton!!

by Anonymousreply 62April 6, 2023 4:19 PM

Is he still obsessed with Long Dong Silver?

by Anonymousreply 63April 6, 2023 4:23 PM

Yes, he told you was a salt of the earth guy, loves Wal Mart parking lots, etc

by Anonymousreply 64April 6, 2023 5:52 PM

Dick Durbin says something will be done. I'm not going to hold my breath.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65April 6, 2023 6:05 PM

He’s already married to an insurrectionist?!

by Anonymousreply 66April 6, 2023 6:08 PM

Oh, I don't know, r56. Maybe when Dems had the House they could have started an investigation similar to the J6 committee? This seeing the light of day before last midterms could have busted the GOP for good.

by Anonymousreply 67April 6, 2023 6:30 PM

This has been reported on before. Everyone knows about Crow and the Thomases.

by Anonymousreply 68April 6, 2023 6:41 PM

There is nothing Congress can do besides an investigation with no teeth except passing a law regarding ethics changes that the President must sign. But it will need a democratic majority in the House and have to get past a 60 vote threshold in the Senate unless there are sufficient votes to drop that to a lower level. Recall, Manchin and Sinema kept similar votes to lower passage from happening in the past.

by Anonymousreply 69April 6, 2023 7:24 PM

[quote] It pains me that he turned out to be such a nutjob. Nice thing to say: I do believe he adores his wife. She’s lucky in that sense, as he is, too.

"Turned out to be"? What the fuck are you talking about?

He adores his wife? You sound like a frau. Who the fuck cares if he adores his wife?

by Anonymousreply 70April 6, 2023 7:28 PM

[quote] This has been reported on before. Everyone knows about Crow and the Thomases.

Oh wow. And everyone but you is shocked by this revelation. Tell us how and who all knew about this r68

by Anonymousreply 71April 6, 2023 7:29 PM

Uncle Thomas and Ginni-Pig, traitors, both of them.

by Anonymousreply 72April 6, 2023 7:36 PM

The government needs to be rid of human justices and be replaced by AI.

by Anonymousreply 73April 6, 2023 7:37 PM

AOC has called for his impeachment.

by Anonymousreply 74April 6, 2023 7:38 PM

I guess $285,000 per year (SCOTUS job) is chump change. The article said he received a vacation that would have cost $500,000. That's crazy.

by Anonymousreply 75April 6, 2023 7:40 PM

He and that wife of his should both be in jail. But money controls everything in this country. So despicable people like him never ever are held accountable. Just ask Anita Hill.

by Anonymousreply 76April 6, 2023 7:42 PM

It’s called Google, R71. There were reports years ago about the gift of the Frederick Douglass bible.

by Anonymousreply 77April 6, 2023 7:50 PM

Scalia did the same thing, until he dropped dead while on a freebie stay at a luxury Texas hunting resort.

by Anonymousreply 78April 6, 2023 7:52 PM

It's curious- If you follow the Daily Mail and read it like you would Pravda in the cold war era ( In other words as propaganda ) there seems to be some kind of purge/revanchment amongst the right wing elites. Peter Theil gets an article highlighting his side piece's (presumed) suicide, Trump roundly bashed, but not a whisper headline abut this topic.

by Anonymousreply 79April 6, 2023 7:54 PM

At least Uncle Thomas gets a chance to venture outside his cabin

by Anonymousreply 80April 6, 2023 7:58 PM

Sadly, it's not illegal for Supreme Court judges to accept largesse from private individuals – they just have to disclose it. Clarence didn't.

NYT:

In 2015, Justice Samuel A. Alito Jr. took paid trips to London and the Dominican Republic; Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg to London, South Korea and Zurich; Justice Elena Kagan to Jerusalem; and Justice Anthony M. Kennedy to Salzburg, Austria.

The justices’ trips can be lavish. According to records obtained under an Australian freedom of information law, the University of Adelaide paid more than $38,000 for Justice Scalia, his wife and another couple to fly business class to a 2011 conference.

by Anonymousreply 81April 6, 2023 8:04 PM

R81 it's insane that's even a thing that's allowed. Supreme court being lobbied. Holy shit the US is headed to ruin.

by Anonymousreply 82April 6, 2023 8:10 PM

Darlin, the roller coaster is just picking up speed

by Anonymousreply 83April 6, 2023 8:11 PM

Where's ELON with his "I hope the Democrats investigate fairly in order to be seen as unbiased" Tweet on this? Oh right, if it works in his favor silence.

by Anonymousreply 84April 6, 2023 8:14 PM

Clarence lovingly places one of his pubes on Ginni's Coke can every night.

by Anonymousreply 85April 6, 2023 9:06 PM

AOC has called for uncle Thomas' impeachment

by Anonymousreply 86April 6, 2023 9:26 PM

I didn't realize ole Clarence has a taste for the white She-devil. You go you dirty dog..

by Anonymousreply 87April 6, 2023 9:29 PM

^ Fat girls are willing to do the really nasty sex acts that the skinny bitches won't do. That's why Clarence digs Ginni.

by Anonymousreply 88April 6, 2023 9:31 PM

[quote]Holy shit the US is headed to ruin.

Headed?

by Anonymousreply 89April 6, 2023 9:31 PM

[quote] it's not illegal for Supreme Court judges to accept largesse from private individuals – they just have to disclose it. Clarence didn't.

This is even more shocking than Uncle Thomas' cruises.

Can members of Congress accept gifts too? The POTUS?

by Anonymousreply 90April 6, 2023 9:41 PM

I know I can.

by Anonymousreply 91April 6, 2023 9:59 PM

Any other country, and people would be in the streets

by Anonymousreply 92April 6, 2023 10:07 PM

Always the grift with Republicans

by Anonymousreply 93April 6, 2023 10:08 PM

There's a lot of rage and bitterness in that man. Hates almost everyone.

by Anonymousreply 94April 6, 2023 10:18 PM

His fucking wife is a terrorist and he was the only dissenting voice in a case that directly implicates her "activities." For that alone, he should've been tossed out, but there are other examples of cases from which she profited that came before him. People don't talk about a case involving Frank Gaffney who is an obsessive bigot defending the Muslim ban and she was involved in that and Thomas ruled on their side. I don't give a fuck if you hate Muslims, you don't defend something completely unconstitutional and you should be appalled that a sitting justice did just that with his wife having profited off of that case.

by Anonymousreply 95April 6, 2023 10:19 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96April 7, 2023 12:22 AM

That is almost as bad as Ted Cruz having a painting of himself in his office.

by Anonymousreply 97April 7, 2023 12:25 AM

AXIOS: Within hours of the report's publication, Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee, referred to it as a "call to action" and promised his panel "will act."

Sen. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.), a member of the Appropriations Committee, floated using the appropriations process to "ensure that the Supreme Court adopts a code of conduct."

Sen. Tina Smith (D-Minn.) revived a progressive call to "expand the court" — an idea that gained steam after Republicans quickly replaced the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg in 2020, but which is opposed by President Biden.

Progressive Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) and Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) called for Thomas to be impeached, while House Judiciary Committee member Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) suggested Thomas resign or be censured by his fellow justices.

Reality check: With Republicans in control of the House, any congressional action against the conservative jurist is likely to fall flat.

by Anonymousreply 98April 7, 2023 12:49 AM

R98 that doesn't mean you don't do it.

by Anonymousreply 99April 7, 2023 1:08 AM

I'm concerned about the Supreme Court

by Anonymousreply 100April 7, 2023 1:19 AM

Thanks Obama!!

by Anonymousreply 101April 7, 2023 1:30 AM

What a vile looking couple.

by Anonymousreply 102April 7, 2023 1:41 AM

Now imagine them fucking, R102!

by Anonymousreply 103April 7, 2023 1:58 AM

R103 you bastard! 🤮

by Anonymousreply 104April 7, 2023 2:05 AM

A bag of flour on the nightstand does wonders for their sex life (you know, so they can find the wet spots).

by Anonymousreply 105April 7, 2023 3:56 AM

Everyone in power in DC is on the take, one way or another. So gross.

by Anonymousreply 106April 7, 2023 4:03 AM

Unless Justice Thomas decided a case in which this billionaire obviously benefited, nothing will happen to him. Failure to disclose won't do him in given the composition of Congress.

by Anonymousreply 107April 7, 2023 4:12 AM

R107, nothing will happen to him WHEN we find out there were cases benefiting the billionaire because we already have cases involving his own fucking wife. He was the ONE dissenter on at least one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108April 7, 2023 4:21 AM

What vile & hideous people, inside and out.

by Anonymousreply 109April 7, 2023 5:13 AM

R101 and don't forget to thank Ruth while you're at it. She should have retired.

by Anonymousreply 110April 7, 2023 5:26 AM

Since these trips were undisclosed, I'm just going out on a limb that that Thomases likely didn't claim the cash value of these gifts as income. I wonder what the IRS plans to do about that. The cash value of all these trips, over a 20-year period, is no doubt felony-level tax evasion if indeed they were not claimed as income. I look forward to the Thomases excruciating tax audit, and if warranted, federal prosecution. And I hereby nominate Anita Hill to Uncle Clarence's vacated SCOTUS when he's hauled off to join Trump at Guantanamo.

by Anonymousreply 111April 7, 2023 5:48 AM

R111? I like your style!

by Anonymousreply 112April 7, 2023 6:05 AM

R112 🥰😘

by Anonymousreply 113April 7, 2023 6:08 AM

How idiotic. Of course they can't be expected to police themselves. That's why we have a system of checks and balances.

And if the GOP supports their corrupt practices, the Dems have to step up to the task.

Which they have not been doing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114April 7, 2023 7:30 AM

His bitch wife helped fund Jan6th and THAT wasn't bad enough that the Dems didn't push harder on that???She testified away from cameras, and they just accepted what she told the committee??? That's FAR WORSE than the trip taking.

by Anonymousreply 115April 7, 2023 10:27 AM

Totally agree r115. The mystery is why the Dems didn't push harder.

by Anonymousreply 116April 7, 2023 10:55 AM

🙅🏾‍♀️ Whoa .... GiddyUp .....

Are we talking about Clarence "LongDongSilver" Thomas ?

by Anonymousreply 117April 7, 2023 11:07 AM

We need a different system. We need to arrest these grifters and throw away the key. Fuck them. He has provided nothing of value. Piece of shit wife too.

by Anonymousreply 118April 7, 2023 1:42 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119April 7, 2023 1:45 PM

Thomas: Lots of people told me I don't have to declare gifts, so nyah nyah nyah.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120April 7, 2023 3:50 PM

R120 Oh ok. Sorry sir, sorry to have bothered you.

by Anonymousreply 121April 7, 2023 8:59 PM

As countless people have pointed out: Think about this situation being Soros and any one of the liberal judges. Think about it going on for 20 fucking years and you have painting with the actual architect of conservative SC

Those right-wing shits are trying to make a huge deal out of $35 donated to Biden by Judge Marchen. $35 gets you a 7-day NYC metro card with $2 to spare - that's it.

The whole Soros-Bragg thing is despicable enough.

Fucking MAGAt psychos.

by Anonymousreply 122April 7, 2023 10:15 PM

you have a painting with the actual architect of the conservative SC along with lower courts (like Aileen Cannon).

by Anonymousreply 123April 7, 2023 10:16 PM

AOC offers to draft the articles of impeachment.

"... I do think articles need to be introduced. If we decide strategically that the actual author of those articles and who introduces them may not be me, that's fine. I will support impeachment ... I think this has gone far, far beyond any sort of acceptable standard in in any democracy, let alone in American democracy."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124April 7, 2023 11:50 PM

Shut up AOC and let someone credible do it. Get away from this.

by Anonymousreply 125April 7, 2023 11:56 PM

Clarence and Ginni-they're average Americans, just like you and me!

by Anonymousreply 126April 8, 2023 12:27 AM

I have to agree. AOC looks stupid trying to head this up. It needs to be someone who has been there longer. Someone like Gerry Connolly from VA.

by Anonymousreply 127April 8, 2023 1:38 AM

Did anyone see when one of the editor's of ProPublica pointing out that when CT was talking about his love of Walmart parking lots, he was wearing a polo shirt with Harlan Crow's emblem for his superyacht. The documentary itself was paid for by Crow.

by Anonymousreply 128April 8, 2023 1:51 AM

What the fuck is wrong with R6?

by Anonymousreply 129April 8, 2023 1:57 AM

I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130April 8, 2023 5:00 PM

The dictator statues are scalps - Crow was on the ground right after the USSR failed. It’s actually one of the only charming thing about him.

by Anonymousreply 131April 8, 2023 5:07 PM

Reporters and staff from the DOJ are calling "Bullshit" on Clarence's claims that he was "advised" that he did not have to report the billionaire "gifts" he's been receiving for 20 years (e.g. his $500K vacation). They are demanding that he identify the sources of this alleged advice, so those people can corroborate that Justice Clarence received shoddy counsel. Thomas is lying of course and, hopefully, will be punished for that. It violates every canon of Judicial ethical responsibility in this country and should not be tolerated. He and that smarmy sow wife of his need to be kicked to the kerb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132April 8, 2023 5:46 PM

A more accurate portrait of Crow and Thomas:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133April 8, 2023 5:51 PM

NOTHING. WILL. HAPPEN. Laws do not apply to republicans. We all should know this by now.

by Anonymousreply 134April 8, 2023 5:53 PM

His fucking wife is an anti-democratic insurrectionist bitch and he is, too. Enough is enough. The Republican party is a god damned corrupt, anti-American terrorist group. How the fuck are they any different than Al Qaeda? They are trying to overthrow the United Sates. That isn't an exaggeration. They have proven they don't believe in what America is supposed to stand for. THEY hate us for our freedoms.

by Anonymousreply 135April 8, 2023 5:55 PM

States*

by Anonymousreply 136April 8, 2023 5:56 PM

And Crow has an affinity for Nazi merch. Quelle surprise!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137April 8, 2023 5:58 PM

At my company and most companies, you cannot accept a fucking pen as a gift from a vendor, yet this jack ass is treated to luxury trips for 20 years from a billionaire donar? How do they not have any sort of fucking disclosure policy?? Fucking Jeff Lewis fired Jenny for accepting the use of a client's vacation home for her honeymoon and no one is checking on the people who make decisions about our federal laws?? FUCKING HELL>

by Anonymousreply 138April 8, 2023 6:10 PM

Someone pointed out that Gorsuch even declared a friggin fishing pole.

The right-wing are just scum. Is it stupidity or arrogance that they think we don't know the reaction if this were Soros when we've already seen how they behave with someone who never even fucking met Soros and never got a direct contribution? $15 by a judge to Biden has made them insane.

Republican corruption is redundant at this point. Corrupt beyond words and this country is done if we don't fight back. And stop with "what can we do?" Merrick Garland waited until after the 1/6 committee did the job he was supposed to do before he did anything. He's useless.

The TX asshole judge donated $7000 to Republican causes.Do you see the conniptions from teh right over that? No, you don't. Because it's LEGAL

by Anonymousreply 139April 8, 2023 6:23 PM

The Texas Attorney General has been under indictment for almost the entire time he's been in office. Yet as long as they have an R behind their name, the dummies will keep voting them in. Corrupt filth party of traitors.

by Anonymousreply 140April 8, 2023 7:10 PM

AOC or any other dem can propose impeachment and maybe even fund raise on it. But with the majority held by republicans any proposal is dead on arrival.

by Anonymousreply 141April 9, 2023 4:00 AM

He's our uncle tom!

by Anonymousreply 142April 9, 2023 4:07 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143April 9, 2023 12:15 PM

Tax evasion is just people being smart!

by Anonymousreply 144April 9, 2023 1:54 PM

^ That was already Trump's talking point in the 2016 debates with Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 145April 9, 2023 4:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!