Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cher Relists Iconic Malibu Mansion with a $10 Million Price Cut for $75 Million — See Inside!

"My house is so special because it's my sanctuary, my fortress, really—the only place I have any privacy," told Architectural Digest of the Venetian-inspired home in 2002.

Cher has put her Malibu mansion back on the market for $75 million.

The singer, 76, first listed the Italian Renaissance-style home for $85 million in October 2022, according to The Wall Street Journal. After it failed to find a buyer, the property is now back on the market six months later with a price cut of $10 million.

The seven-bedroom, nine-bathroom, 13,126 sq. ft. home sits in 1.73 acres of land and is surrounded by a tennis court and infinity pool. It's listed by Robert Kass and Drew Fenton of Carolwood Estates.

Overlooking the Pacific Ocean, the property — which is located on the Pacific Coast Highway — boasts incredible views from the arched windows. The driveway is also lined with 40 palm trees, according to WSJ, and there is a courtyard with an octogram-shaped fountain.

Cher has previously revealed that she wanted to build her own "version of Venetian" after being inspired by visits to Venice and Casa Casuarina, the mansion of her late friend Gianni Versace in Miami's South Beach, according to Architectural Digest.

"Once her mind moved toward Italian Renaissance, she got 50 books and started studying —presenting me with ideas," designer and Cher's longtime friend Ron Wilson told AD. "Both structurally and in terms of the interior, this house was Cher's concept. My job is to interpret what she's thinking."

The home took five years to build and is rendered in a variety of luxurious materials like limestone and marble imported from Italy and France, hand-wrought bronze on the doors, and tiles from Spain and Morocco, according to the listing.

"Every day when I wake up and look out my bedroom window, I'm never not amazed," the actress told AD in a 2002 feature. "Every room has two views of the ocean, each of which is so beautiful — the water is always glistening, the sunset always happening. My house is so special because it's my sanctuary, my fortress, really—the only place I have any privacy. There's no place else that I would rather be."

"I'm comfortable here," she added. "This house wraps its arms around me."

The interiors boast influences from around the world, with the living room featuring a large Moroccan chandelier and the primary bathroom designed like a hammam with Turkish wood screens, according to WSJ.

Two vintage bronze bulls also sit outside the front of the house, inspired by Cher's astrological sign, Taurus, per AD.

The "If I Could Turn Back Time" singer originally paid $2.95 million for the property in 1989, according to records, per WSJ. And Realtor.com reports she previously listed the property for $45 million in 2009,

Ahead of the home going on the market in October 2022, Cher told AD, "This house has been one of the greatest passions of my life. I have enjoyed every moment of its creation and evolution, but now it's time to pass this magic on to others."

As well as the seven bedrooms, there is also a gatehouse that serves as a guesthouse. The primary suite also has a meditation room and two closets, including one that doubles as a panic room, Robert Kass, formerly of Hilton & Hyland, said last year.

"Everyone knows that house," Mr. Kass said of the "iconic" property. "It's at the end of the bluff so no one is on the right side."

The lower level of the house is reportedly home to an indoor-outdoor gym and theater, while the Oscar winner also has a climate-controlled wig room with nearly 100 hairpieces in it, according to the 2002 book The Cher Scrapbook.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235August 23, 2023 9:42 PM

where she be going?

by Anonymousreply 1April 5, 2023 10:20 PM

sumbuddy get the listing, pls

we need more pics before we trash it

by Anonymousreply 2April 5, 2023 10:20 PM

Why doesn't she just relax and die there. She surely has enough money to run it another 10 or so years.

by Anonymousreply 3April 5, 2023 10:21 PM

Overcapitalised white elephant that she's tried to offload repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 4April 5, 2023 10:25 PM

13,000 s.f. on 2 acres raises the eyebrow, but I need more pics

by Anonymousreply 5April 5, 2023 10:26 PM

For 75 million, I would want 10 -20 acres bare minimum

by Anonymousreply 6April 5, 2023 10:34 PM

[quote]My house is so special because it's my sanctuary, my fortress, really—the only place I have any privacy

Why are you selling it?

by Anonymousreply 7April 5, 2023 10:34 PM

Taxes, Rose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 5, 2023 10:35 PM

She's probably moving to The Villages in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 9April 5, 2023 10:36 PM

Does her sougther get a cut of the money?

by Anonymousreply 10April 5, 2023 10:37 PM

She MUST be shrooming.

by Anonymousreply 11April 5, 2023 11:45 PM

Someone will buy it. Cher's places always sell.

by Anonymousreply 12April 6, 2023 5:12 AM

This one hasn't sold any of the multiple times it's been placed on the market, because she's hugely overcapitalised by building an enormous house in a very idiosyncratic style, on a piece of land that's just not big or special enough. Her best hope would be to sell to the royal family of Morocco.

by Anonymousreply 13April 6, 2023 6:04 AM

Not true. Cher's choices of finishes and style is impeccable. I haven't been to this house, but I was at the Egyptian place she sold to Eddie Murphy many times. It was breathtaking.

Even if she settles for $50 or $60, she will make a huge profit. Everyone said the same thing about Rob Lowe's place in Montecito.

And it's updated, not like she hasn't remodeled since she built it in 2002.

by Anonymousreply 14April 6, 2023 6:21 AM

Where there any trans hookers there?

by Anonymousreply 15April 6, 2023 6:24 AM

Other than this house, Cher has been a serial flipper her entire life. Sierra Towers, Hawaii, Palm Springs were the most recent. With the exception of the Sierra Towers, she never lived in the other 2.

She always makes money on real estate.

by Anonymousreply 16April 6, 2023 6:30 AM

Where does she keep my Oscar?

by Anonymousreply 17April 6, 2023 6:32 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 6, 2023 6:36 AM

R13, name one house where Cher hasn't made a profit.

You won't be able to.

by Anonymousreply 19April 6, 2023 6:57 AM

I’d buy it if I win the lottery

by Anonymousreply 20April 6, 2023 7:01 AM

R19 It's cute you attach so much importance to Cher's past real estate sales. That's great she's done well. Doesn't change the fact that this house has been up for sale multiple times with no takers and is now being hugely discounted.

by Anonymousreply 21April 6, 2023 7:11 AM

The very rich just can't help themselves, can they? They know that they'll take a financial bath by building bespoke estates that will only appeal to a tiny minority, and that the odds of finding another human being who 1) shares their taste, and 2) has the means to pay tens of millions yet for some reason prefers to buy somebody else's dream home, are spectacularly against them.

Yet they keep doing it.

by Anonymousreply 22April 6, 2023 8:04 AM

I love Cher, but this house is butt-ugly and looks like it sits between a gas station and a strip mall right on PCH. Of all the beautiful settings in Malibu she picked the worst

by Anonymousreply 23April 6, 2023 8:19 AM

The real estate spiels and photos always cut out the surrounding context. Dead giveaway that there are problems.

by Anonymousreply 24April 6, 2023 8:23 AM

"born Cherilyn Sarkisian"

Why was that necessary? She's been 'Cher' for 60 years.

by Anonymousreply 25April 6, 2023 8:46 AM

Maybe the house started getting on her nerves?

by Anonymousreply 26April 6, 2023 8:54 AM

It costs an absolute bomb to maintain and run and she's also bored with it.

by Anonymousreply 27April 6, 2023 9:13 AM

Maybe the first Mrs Geffen doesn’t approve of the 2nd Mrs Geffen, who would be the new 1st Lady of Malibu?

by Anonymousreply 28April 6, 2023 9:28 AM

It's interesting that Geffen and Cher are dating very similarly in their dotage.

by Anonymousreply 29April 6, 2023 10:40 AM

[quote] My house is so special because it's my sanctuary, my fortress, really—the only place I have any privacy

So you're selling it why? These nitwit celebrities always amaze in their silliness.

by Anonymousreply 30April 6, 2023 10:43 AM

Chastity Bono to David Geffen, "My dad's dick is bigger than yours"

BURN! 😂

by Anonymousreply 31April 6, 2023 11:00 AM

What happened to Chaz?

by Anonymousreply 32April 6, 2023 11:09 AM

Where's Ellen (I move every six months) when you need her?

by Anonymousreply 33April 6, 2023 11:14 AM

On my way, r33!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 6, 2023 11:23 AM

The land is actually more valuable without the house. She would probably get $50-60 million right away if he offered to demolish the house for the new owner.

I was looking at a luxury real estate site the other day and the most expensive listings were empty plots of land in BH and Bel Air. When you’re that rich, you want your own bespoke house. Which eventually turns into your own white elephant.

by Anonymousreply 35April 6, 2023 11:31 AM

@r32, "What happened to Chaz? "

She saw David Geffen's tiny dick 😳

by Anonymousreply 36April 6, 2023 11:31 AM

Cher gets bored with houses like she gets bored with friends.

by Anonymousreply 37April 6, 2023 11:35 AM

[quote]She saw David Geffen's tiny dick 😳

So, that'ts where she got the idea?

by Anonymousreply 38April 6, 2023 11:40 AM

That's*

by Anonymousreply 39April 6, 2023 11:41 AM

Pics

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 6, 2023 11:49 AM

@r38, "So, that'ts where she got the idea? "

Yep, Chastity Bono is now a wealthy Gay man with a tiny dick, just like David Geffen 😜

by Anonymousreply 41April 6, 2023 11:52 AM

The sheer vulgarity and incoherence of combining all those Buddhas with Islamic architecture is so breathtaking she should get an award.

by Anonymousreply 42April 6, 2023 11:52 AM

R23

It’s kind of like my parallel parking OCD: often, I will look for a parallel space and see an oddly-sized gap between two cars, fall into my typically judgmental self and bitch that they parked that way then I remind myself that perhaps another car was just there and the gaps are just an artifact of the previous car and not everyone is a complete dick.

Anyway, she bought the property in 1989 - perhaps the shitty shopping center and gas station came after?

by Anonymousreply 43April 6, 2023 11:54 AM

@r42, Her decorator talked her out of adding the Crucifix collage wall 🙄

by Anonymousreply 44April 6, 2023 11:55 AM

Love Chair!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45April 6, 2023 11:57 AM

I wish Karen would buy it for me.

by Anonymousreply 46April 6, 2023 11:59 AM

ATROCIOUS!!

All those arched doorways, for practically every room?! It’d quickly feel as if you’re living in a tacky Arab themed vegas resort.

It will have to be torn down

by Anonymousreply 47April 6, 2023 12:02 PM

This is the part I can't get past, $75 million to sit on that ugly, noisy highway 😬

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48April 6, 2023 12:02 PM

It will absolutely, 100 per cent be torn down unless it is actively marketed to very new, very vulgar money in the Middle East or Central Asia.

by Anonymousreply 49April 6, 2023 12:04 PM

It is tacky and pretentious therefore it truly reflects the owner.

by Anonymousreply 50April 6, 2023 12:06 PM

^ Nah, Cher's a good person with no taste

by Anonymousreply 51April 6, 2023 12:10 PM

I bet the air in that house is heavy with patchouli and regret.

by Anonymousreply 52April 6, 2023 1:13 PM

Did someone say patchouli?

by Anonymousreply 53April 6, 2023 1:29 PM

[quote]I love Cher, but this house is butt-ugly and looks like it sits between a gas station and a strip mall right on PCH. Of all the beautiful settings in Malibu she picked the worst.

I agree, the house is totally out of place for California with its faux Gothic Venetian style architecture. So tacky! And the location right on a busy highway feels so unlike an actual home.

by Anonymousreply 54April 6, 2023 1:33 PM

The house right next to hers sits on a plot 6 times bigger than Cher's faux Venetian atrocity. Anybody know the owner?

by Anonymousreply 55April 6, 2023 1:42 PM

Well the palm trees are beautiful and majestic. Not cheap crap.

by Anonymousreply 56April 6, 2023 4:20 PM

If she lived it so much why is she selling it? Clearly she does not need the money.

by Anonymousreply 57April 6, 2023 4:58 PM

^ At her age she's beginning to forget which room she left her hair in. Time for something smaller

by Anonymousreply 58April 6, 2023 6:57 PM

The article is over 20 years old. Can't you read?

by Anonymousreply 59April 6, 2023 7:30 PM

[quote] The land is actually more valuable without the house.

...until it falls into the ocean, which will be soon.

by Anonymousreply 60April 6, 2023 7:35 PM

The house is far away from the highway you can't hear and stop all this shit. All you queens would give your left nut to live there.

by Anonymousreply 61April 6, 2023 7:42 PM

All the celebrity beach houses are right on the highway

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62April 6, 2023 7:44 PM

There are houses below- it's not falling into the ocean.

by Anonymousreply 63April 6, 2023 7:44 PM

Actually, Cher's house is set back further than most. You'd only hear noise on the tennis court.

by Anonymousreply 64April 6, 2023 7:47 PM

Sad last days

by Anonymousreply 65April 6, 2023 7:48 PM

R61, they are happy in their double -wides.

by Anonymousreply 66April 6, 2023 7:51 PM

R14, that was the sense I got reading the articles about it. Even if she sells it for a fraction of the $75 million, she'll make a good profit. DL had a thread recently on LA area mega-mansions and the accompanying video showed how they were selling less often and at much lower prices.

Those complaining about the proximity to PCH, the whole orientation is toward the ocean. The landscaping and walls take care of any noise and odor. The exception would be the tennis court. Before I bought it, I would have someone play tennis on that court a few times during rush hours. That would be where the noise and pollution would be a problem if there was one.

by Anonymousreply 67April 6, 2023 8:00 PM

Bullshit! I've lived close to highways on and off my whole life, you hear every car, truck, horn, brake squeal and crash

by Anonymousreply 68April 6, 2023 8:18 PM

"I heard that, Jenner"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 6, 2023 8:20 PM

Does the house come with Cher?

by Anonymousreply 70April 6, 2023 8:27 PM

@r62, "All the celebrity beach houses are right on the highway "

Those suck too, but they're not $75 million

by Anonymousreply 71April 6, 2023 8:45 PM

She doesn't even have direct access to the beach. The house sits between an ugly, noisy highway and a row of houses on the beach.

by Anonymousreply 72April 6, 2023 11:02 PM

Cher doesn't do beach.

by Anonymousreply 73April 6, 2023 11:03 PM

[quote] My house is so special because it's my sanctuary, my fortress, really—the only place I have any privacy

Maybe Haz and I should buy it then. We are so desperate to get out of the private eye. We want privacy!

by Anonymousreply 74April 6, 2023 11:06 PM

[quote]This is the part I can't get past, $75 million to sit on that ugly, noisy highway 😬

Can you really hear the noise from the highway that far away?

by Anonymousreply 75April 6, 2023 11:10 PM

Yes you do hear noise from the highway, the cars are driving fast, so it's loud and when it's quiet you will hear them. The house is just 20 to 30 meters set back from the highway and it's a busy highway. My parents lived in a house on the outskirts of the little village I was born and the council decided to build a highway connecting all the villages in the area. The highway was about half a mile away from the house but at night, with the windows open you would hear every car.

The only attraction I see with the house is the ocean view, but is obstructed by other houses.

With this kind of money you probably could get something nicer.

by Anonymousreply 76April 6, 2023 11:28 PM

The view isn't obstructed you dimwit.

You obviously know nothing about Malibu. No one cares about your shithole village.

by Anonymousreply 77April 6, 2023 11:35 PM

You can always buy Candy Spellings house, which was 2 houses combined and literally on the street.

She took it off the market, but I'm sure she could be persuaded.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 6, 2023 11:47 PM

If you look at aerial shots, that house has a 180 degree view. One side is vacant land.

by Anonymousreply 79April 7, 2023 12:01 AM

Seriously who thinks Cher spends any time at all outside in the yard, looking at the sea, playing tennis or swimming in the pool? She doesn't even have a real garden it's just lawn and palm trees. She has zero interest in the outdoors and just lives inside hiding from the sun.

by Anonymousreply 80April 7, 2023 12:04 AM

A monstrosity

by Anonymousreply 81April 7, 2023 12:19 AM

Her house sits on a bluff, but there are 2 plots right underneath her and there is another row of houses in front of that, right on the beach. She is closer the the highway than she is to the beach. Looking out of her faux Venetian windows she probably can see the roofs of the beach houses. Yeah, for this kind of money this is a shit location.

by Anonymousreply 82April 7, 2023 12:54 AM

Lol, you must be blind

by Anonymousreply 83April 7, 2023 1:00 AM

I would take Candy Spelling's home in a heartbeat. So comfortable and right on the beach. And, if she'll sell, a fraction of the price .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84April 7, 2023 1:27 AM

Candy's is 2 hideous houses combined, and is a gut reno.

by Anonymousreply 85April 7, 2023 1:40 AM

Wait...what...Cher is only 76?!

by Anonymousreply 86April 7, 2023 1:43 AM

Green is beautiful in nature, in flowers, trees, and plants, not indoors, other than some houseplants. The bedroom rug in Candy's bedroom is hideous.

The joined house looks like an autobody garage from the front.

by Anonymousreply 87April 7, 2023 2:03 AM

One thing most people don't realize, is that when you live right on the beach you have a great view during the day, but at night it's most likely pitch black And there's always a chance of storms flooding your house.

I'm up on a high hill a mile and a half from the beach, so I have an ocean view during the day and lights at night. It's great on July 4th too- I can see firework shows all down the coast.

by Anonymousreply 88April 7, 2023 2:05 AM

Cher looking like she has spent too much money at her plastic surgeons office ,Ewww

by Anonymousreply 89April 7, 2023 2:05 AM

If Cher is so happy there, why is she selling?

by Anonymousreply 90April 7, 2023 2:07 AM

The houses closer to Point Dume are in a good location, far enough away from a noisy highway but with their own access to a beach.

by Anonymousreply 91April 7, 2023 2:08 AM

And to think when she sells this “Believe” will be 25 years old.

by Anonymousreply 92April 7, 2023 2:09 AM

R90 because the article is 20 years old. She's been there a long time. Her mom lived down the street, so why not move now that she's dead.

by Anonymousreply 93April 7, 2023 2:10 AM

Candy's interior decorating is appalling. How could even an unintelligent old person think that looks good?

by Anonymousreply 94April 7, 2023 2:14 AM

Candy has always had taste for shit. She actually bought an original Dogs Playing Poker painting, and has the only Warhol portrait I hate.

by Anonymousreply 95April 7, 2023 2:17 AM

She's still trying to sell it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96April 7, 2023 2:18 AM

Yes, not much has changed since yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 97April 7, 2023 2:46 AM

I wonder if people like Barbra Streisand actually go to the beach every now and then beneath the cliffs of Point Dume and mingle with the normal people. It's not a private beach there it seems.

by Anonymousreply 98April 7, 2023 2:54 AM

It amazes me that wealthy people in California want to live directly on publicly accessible beach. Not just because of the stalker risk but also with all the homeless, drug addicted and mentally ill vagrants who are literally everywhere in SoCal and pitch tents on the beach and public land. Imagine if a treasure like Candy Spelling caught drug resistant TB from a street person.

by Anonymousreply 99April 7, 2023 2:59 AM

People aren't pitching tents in that area, trust me.

by Anonymousreply 100April 7, 2023 3:01 AM

Just out of curiosity, what is stopping them?

by Anonymousreply 101April 7, 2023 3:04 AM

Rich people probably have 24/7 private security on their properties.

by Anonymousreply 102April 7, 2023 3:07 AM

Geffen had a fake garage built to prevent people from even parking. Billionaires have their ways.

by Anonymousreply 103April 7, 2023 7:05 AM

I don’t know much about Malibu or real estate but from everything I know she will never sell this thing close to $75m. She is not being realistic. She will be luck to get 35 or 40.

by Anonymousreply 104April 7, 2023 7:12 AM

R99 Say it ain’t so. She can renovate the gift wrapper in groom into an infirmary.

by Anonymousreply 105April 7, 2023 7:13 AM

Gift wrapping room*

by Anonymousreply 106April 7, 2023 7:14 AM

The thing is, the beaches are officially "public accessible", but sometimes they are only accessible by boat! I'm speaking to Laguna Beach here, but there are no stairs or access from the street, so no way to get down to many of them.

Bette's house was above one of those beaches. No one is spending millions to put up with homeless.

Exception being Venice, and I wouldn't live there for free.

by Anonymousreply 107April 7, 2023 7:14 AM

I'll bet she gets $50, which is still a $30 million profit.

by Anonymousreply 108April 7, 2023 7:17 AM

[quote] You'd only hear noise on the tennis court.

And only if Sharapova plays!

by Anonymousreply 109April 7, 2023 7:22 AM

Cher was snapped surfing, so yes she does go to the beach. Maybe she drives to another beach around Malibu to do that, but then what's the point of this house which doesn't have access to the beach.

by Anonymousreply 110April 7, 2023 7:27 AM

Of course Cher makes money off her properties. Her real estate is bound to appreciate during her century of living.

by Anonymousreply 111April 7, 2023 7:30 AM

That pic was Hawaii. As I posted previously, beachfront usually means no nighttime view.

by Anonymousreply 112April 7, 2023 7:31 AM

R111, Madonna.

Movie killer and cunt.

by Anonymousreply 113April 7, 2023 7:33 AM

I have a a 2004 Malibu, with a low 91,000 miles, runs well and is in decent condition for it's age, and priced far less that what Cher is asking.

by Anonymousreply 114April 7, 2023 7:35 AM

Whoever buys it is going to demolish it let’s be real. She should take 40m if she gets the offer.

by Anonymousreply 115April 7, 2023 7:45 AM

I’m sure her agent told her to forget the 75m.

by Anonymousreply 116April 7, 2023 7:45 AM

"If she lived it so much why is she selling it? Clearly she does not need the money."

Cher is almost 80 years old; it's time to get her affairs in order.

It's either sell that white elephant now or leave it for her daughter (son or whatever) to deal with after Cher dies.

Selling now would allow Cher to reduce size of her estate (along with death taxes), this includes doing something with the substantial gain made from selling a long held asset.

by Anonymousreply 117April 7, 2023 7:54 AM

R107: Venice is a horror show. Venice residents John Lydon (AKA Johnny Rotten) and Paul Hogan both carry on in the press about how they are now living in The Walking Dead. Won't do great things for resale. It really is a shit show there, I hate it.

by Anonymousreply 118April 7, 2023 8:01 AM

[quote]Bullshit! I've lived close to highways on and off my whole life, you hear every car, truck, horn, brake squeal and crash

Oh horse shit. Millions of people have been living next to highways, train tracks and airplanes since the modern age began. The noise becomes part of your life and people end up never even hearing it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 119April 7, 2023 10:48 AM

Cher has been photographed surfing in Hawaii, but likely she does so elsewhere as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120April 7, 2023 11:37 AM

With bff Kathy Griffin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121April 7, 2023 11:38 AM

Cher is very down for earth and a woman of the people as seen by her gaudy old lady mansion

by Anonymousreply 122April 7, 2023 11:39 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123April 7, 2023 11:39 AM

Cher clearly cares about climate change, almost as much as Barbra.

by Anonymousreply 124April 7, 2023 11:43 AM

It’s very Norma Desmond.

by Anonymousreply 125April 7, 2023 11:55 AM

@r119, Bullshit to your bullshit! You live near a hwy. because you can't afford anything better. Like living next to an airport you never get used to it, but you learn to accept it. If I'm paying $75 fucking million I don't want to hear you and your boom-boom base on your 20 year old ricer 😠

by Anonymousreply 126April 7, 2023 12:08 PM

How much money does it take NOT to put up with noise?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127April 7, 2023 12:10 PM

Does Cher come with the house? Will she sing me to sleep?

by Anonymousreply 128April 7, 2023 12:31 PM

We've already done that joke.

by Anonymousreply 129April 7, 2023 12:34 PM

Does she know where she’s going to? Chasing the fantasies that filled her mind

by Anonymousreply 130April 7, 2023 5:08 PM

She'll buy something equally as big, or close to it. I posted earlier about her Egyptian place, but Cher is used to multiple housekeepers, a personal chef and other staff.

by Anonymousreply 131April 7, 2023 5:34 PM

Is Kathy on staff as court jester?

by Anonymousreply 132April 7, 2023 6:01 PM

I'd live there, just to smell Cher!

by Anonymousreply 133April 7, 2023 6:05 PM

[quote]Geffen had a fake garage built to prevent people from even parking. Billionaires have their ways.

A picture of his face would suffice.

by Anonymousreply 134April 7, 2023 6:07 PM

[quote] The very rich just can't help themselves, can they? They know that they'll take a financial bath by building bespoke estates

Agree with you about these ultra-customized houses being a mistake. At least Cher lived in hers for a couple of decades. The real dumb move is to think you can build a "bespoke estate" to your specific tastes, then sell in a year or two - AND factor in the cost of all your custom stuff into the asking price.

by Anonymousreply 135April 7, 2023 6:12 PM

From the inside pictures provided by the DM, one could expect a genie to pop in at any moment and feel right at home.

by Anonymousreply 136April 7, 2023 6:20 PM

The ocean water in Hawaii is a lot warmer than the water in Malibu. Even if you go down south to Baja California (Mexico), the water is still cold.

by Anonymousreply 137April 7, 2023 6:23 PM

Cher.

by Anonymousreply 138April 7, 2023 6:27 PM

Why does Cher hate Madonna?

by Anonymousreply 139April 7, 2023 6:27 PM

^ Because Madonna was a cunt to her

by Anonymousreply 140April 7, 2023 7:41 PM

She said Madonna wasn't a nice person, and mean for no reason. Cher was at her wedding to Sean Penn, at his invitation.

by Anonymousreply 141April 7, 2023 8:48 PM

[quote]Why does Cher hate Madonna?

Because Madonna got the Evita movie. Cher wanted that movie.

by Anonymousreply 142April 7, 2023 9:03 PM

It’s been 30 years. Can’t these two kids and make up.

The truth is that Madonna was to Cher what Britney was to Madonna. Cher expected Madonna to be respectful and reverent, rightfully so but that’s not our Madge now is it.

by Anonymousreply 143April 7, 2023 9:11 PM

True that!

by Anonymousreply 144April 7, 2023 9:37 PM

Isn't Cher's house in a less desirable area of Malibu? Streisand's estate is in a far more desirable area with more privacy.

by Anonymousreply 145April 7, 2023 9:53 PM

Seems like it would be more desirable to be able to walk from your deck steps to the beach, but what do I know. Kathy Griffin has been to Cher's house and was impressed, but Kathy may have just been kissing ass.

Courtney Love said that Pam Anderson lives in the "trailer park" area of Malibu.

by Anonymousreply 146April 7, 2023 10:08 PM

^ Those trailers at Point Dume sell for up to $5 million. Not your typical trailer park

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147April 7, 2023 10:37 PM

Cher had NO interest in Evita. She is an Oscar winner, unlike Vadge

by Anonymousreply 148April 7, 2023 11:36 PM

Kathy Griffin's own taste in homes, as seen in her reality show, is rock bottom. Really tacky, and shopping mall soulless.

by Anonymousreply 149April 8, 2023 12:17 AM

Oh, yeah, I forgot about Kathy's house, featured in her reality show. It was kind of awful. Not cluttered, but I could've picked so many other nicer places than that. I would have preferred a unit in a high rise to that house.

by Anonymousreply 150April 8, 2023 12:58 AM

Cher may or may not have wanted film role of "Evita", but her name was on that list.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151April 8, 2023 1:03 AM

Or....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152April 8, 2023 1:04 AM

Unlike Madonna Cher at least had a very extensive C.V. film role wise including some well received to great performances.

Vocal wise Cher would not have been a great choice (that vibrato would have to go or at least be controlled), as for acting part of Eva Peron it would have been interesting to see Cher's interpretation.

Looks wise Cher would have looked lovely with blonde hair. Process of getting her there however likely would have left her with fried and crispy hair for long time afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 153April 8, 2023 1:08 AM

I love Cher's pool and loggia. I could live with a little road noise if there was an unobstructed view of the pacific. The house is overpriced and a little cheesy but otherwise very nice. Do we think Cher and Kathy Griffin are still friends? I've always gotten the impression Kathy used her for stories but only hung out with her a few times.

by Anonymousreply 154April 8, 2023 9:46 AM

I like Candy's heavy wood panelling. I could change up the furniture and be very happy. It has a cozy and unpretentious vintage vibe.

by Anonymousreply 155April 8, 2023 10:17 AM

Cher was the only name for the Evita movie that made sense.

Barbra Streisand had too much angst and self-control to let loose on a number like Buenos Aires.

Liza Minnelli didn’t have the ruthless killer instinct.

Bernadette Peters didn’t have the earthy quality of an actress from the bars, from the sidewalks, from the gutter theatrical.

Meryl Streep didn’t have Donna Murphy.

by Anonymousreply 156April 8, 2023 11:17 AM

but Cher’s dick wasn’t big enough

by Anonymousreply 157April 8, 2023 12:32 PM

Giving credit where do Madonna did manage to pull it off somewhat as Evita. She also had the figure and looks to pull off the Dior "New Look" fashions costumes were based upon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158April 8, 2023 12:37 PM

That being said for my money there is still only one Evita.

Say what you want about Patti, but then, since and still Ms. LuPone nailed it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159April 8, 2023 12:39 PM

[quote]Giving credit where do Madonna did manage to pull it off somewhat as Evita.

If only she could act!

by Anonymousreply 160April 8, 2023 12:40 PM

Oh now you're asking too much.

If they wanted someone who could "act" Madonna never would have been in running. As with Lucille Ball and "Mame" suits wanted a name that would be a strong box office draw.

Cher likely could have done much better acting wise over Madonna. Again however vocally and looks wise may have been another story. Cher's body is all wrong for the Dior "New Look" costumes; she's too tall and angular. Madonna also had then still an earthy quality, you can imagine her as someone who worked herself up from the streets. Oh wait, isn't that her life story?

by Anonymousreply 161April 8, 2023 12:50 PM

[quote]Giving credit where do Madonna did manage to pull it off somewhat as Evita. She also had the figure and looks to pull off the Dior "New Look" fashions costumes were based upon.

The Dior New Look was imagined for pregnant ladies?

by Anonymousreply 162April 8, 2023 12:54 PM

[quote] Giving credit where do

It's giving credit where "due."

by Anonymousreply 163April 8, 2023 4:23 PM

The house does not have unobstructed ocean views. there are two rows of properties and a street that's separating Cher's faux Venetian monstrosity from the beach to which she also does not have any direct access.

by Anonymousreply 164April 9, 2023 12:16 AM

Shut the hell up.

by Anonymousreply 165April 9, 2023 1:05 AM

It doesn't blend well with its environment.

by Anonymousreply 166April 9, 2023 2:05 AM

"Cher was the only name for the Evita movie that made sense."

If that Evita film were a drama yes, but as a musical am sorry Cher's voice was just all wrong.

Madonna singing voice does have its detractions, but a pronounced and seemingly uncontrollable vibrato isn't one of them.

In days past studios could get away with dubbing even a major film star; Cher never would never allow that to happen.

Madonna waged an all out full frontal assault campaign to win role of "Evita". Once obtained after being sat down a few times she discarded some of her more unflattering behaviors and went to work. This included working with a vocal coach to bring her singing up to standard.

Finally again as stated previously Madonna resembled Evita far more than Cher.

Maybe it was fact Madonna was pregnant, but her face had a bit of chubbiness that was far more favorable than Cher's more angular features.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167April 9, 2023 2:14 AM

[quote] "Seriously who thinks Cher spends any time at all outside in the yard, looking at the sea, playing tennis or swimming in the pool?"

Back when Georgia was alive and well, they used to use the pool fairly frequently. One time, Cher tweeted about her mother skinnydipping in it. At 80+ years old. I love it. But now? Probably not.

by Anonymousreply 168April 9, 2023 2:26 AM

[quote]This included working with a vocal coach to bring her singing up to standard.

And having Andrew Lloyd-Webber discard all the hard to sing notes.

by Anonymousreply 169April 9, 2023 2:27 AM

ALW wanted Barbra to debut the song "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" but she declined. She told him that she didn't want to sing a song glorifying a fascist. She would have sung the definitive version, as she did with Memory. LuPone's Argentina version is too staccato and she has no vocal warmth to speak of. LuPone is very lucky that Barbra turned it down.

by Anonymousreply 170April 9, 2023 3:09 AM

[quote]LuPone is very lucky that Barbra turned it down.

No so lucky with Sunset Boulevard. LuPone was pissed when Streisand's versions were playing as hold music at the SB box office.

by Anonymousreply 171April 9, 2023 3:15 AM

Cher uses the pool for exercise. Her bestie Paulette posted on Instagram many times.

by Anonymousreply 172April 9, 2023 3:25 AM

[quote]Cher uses the pool for exercise.

Did she used to have swimming races with Chastity/Chaz?

by Anonymousreply 173April 9, 2023 3:26 AM

"The Dior New Look was imagined for pregnant ladies?"

Don't know how Penny Rose pulled it off; either Madonna didn't show much during filming or what, but of about 85 costumes you'd be hard pressed to tell Madonna was knocked up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174April 9, 2023 3:49 AM

Was Patti LuPone in the running to play Evita in the film version of "Evita?"

by Anonymousreply 175April 9, 2023 4:05 AM

Cher found out she was pregnant after ahooting began on Evita.

by Anonymousreply 176April 9, 2023 4:21 AM

^^I mean Madge

by Anonymousreply 177April 9, 2023 4:21 AM

Maybe she wants to buy Chastity a new dick for her birthday

by Anonymousreply 178April 9, 2023 4:27 AM

If you built this exact house today in, say North Dakota, how much would it cost?

by Anonymousreply 179April 9, 2023 4:31 AM

[Quote]Cher doesn't do beach.

but maybe potential buyers do and that would be a drawback.

by Anonymousreply 180April 9, 2023 4:37 AM

What did happen to Chaz? He's dropped off the map. Vaginal atrophy?

by Anonymousreply 181April 9, 2023 4:38 AM

[Quote]Why doesn't she just relax and die there. She surely has enough money to run it another 10 or so years.

because her boy toy is bleeding her dry

by Anonymousreply 182April 9, 2023 4:39 AM

@r179, "If you built this exact house today in, say North Dakota, how much would it cost? "

The nicest house in ND will run you just under a million bucks... No extra charge for snow 10 months a year

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183April 9, 2023 4:48 AM

R175

See link at R151.

Yes, Patte LuPone was considered for film of Evita following long held pattern of those who star in a stage production given first crack (or at least consideration) when musical or whatever moves to film.

DL fave Andy Cohen interviewed Pattie LuPone about film Evita, to say "Patti" wasn't a fan is putting it mildly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184April 9, 2023 4:55 AM

Patti has been rather outspoken about her feelings for the show that made her a star (Evita) and ALW as well.

Apparently Ms. Lupone was offered role of Evita Peron's mother in film, she turned it down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185April 9, 2023 4:58 AM

Giving equal time to her bile spewing, Patti LuPone didn't have much nice things to day about film adaption of Les Misérables (LuPone was the original Fantine) either.

by Anonymousreply 186April 9, 2023 5:00 AM

I can't tell the difference between this video and the raging and horrific screams of wild animals in the woods behind my house, after being dragged off and killed by coyotes.

A real piece of shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187April 9, 2023 5:06 AM

Cher has enough money for 100 boy toys.

by Anonymousreply 188April 9, 2023 5:16 AM

R179, the same minus the land value. Building with luxury imported materials doesn't save you any money in North Dakota.

by Anonymousreply 189April 9, 2023 5:51 AM

Patti is such a snearing bitch I don’t she has ever said anything nice to say at all. She’s not adored for her niceness.

by Anonymousreply 190April 9, 2023 5:51 AM

Ok Miss Girls, in case some of you have forgotten Roddy McDowall had a house on Malibu sandwiched between same stretch of highway and beach as Cher. No one had any problems going down there for parties or whatever, nor did Roddy have issues living "just off a highway" either. And he wasn't alone in that neck of woods.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191April 9, 2023 6:07 AM

[quote] "No so lucky with Sunset Boulevard. LuPone was pissed when Streisand's versions were playing as hold music at the SB box office."

Okay. While I believe this to be bad practice, I think it's fucking hilarious.

Why does Cher hate Madonna?

Cher doesn't hate Madonna. She just called her out for being a spoiled, stuck up cunt. Which she is, and always has been. But for years now, Cher has said that she and Madge (she calls her that...which I love) "are good". Of course, she still doesn't back down when asked about her.

The clip at the link is years old, but it's still just as accurate.

Kookiness, and all...Team Cher. Forever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192April 9, 2023 6:10 AM

Do people even put tennis courts on their properties anymore?

by Anonymousreply 193April 9, 2023 6:12 AM

No they don't.

by Anonymousreply 194April 9, 2023 6:18 AM

Actually, yes they do. Especially in CA where you can normally count in months of good weather.

by Anonymousreply 195April 9, 2023 6:20 AM

Only a crass fruitcake would install a court.

by Anonymousreply 196April 9, 2023 6:21 AM

R197 Or a famous celebrity or public figure who can't or won't go to a public tennis court because they'll be bothered and won't have much privacy.

by Anonymousreply 197April 9, 2023 7:10 AM

Where did Cher live when she dated Ryan O'Neal? Must have been a different house.

by Anonymousreply 198April 9, 2023 8:34 AM

[quote] Was Patti LuPone in the running to play Evita in the film version of "Evita?"

Patti was never seriously considered. Nobody outside of Broadway knew who she was. Plus as movie production dragged on, several of the actresses being considered aged out of the role. Evita was still quite young when she died.

by Anonymousreply 199April 9, 2023 11:22 AM

R14- I wonder how many COCKS Rob Lowe sucked in that place.

by Anonymousreply 200April 9, 2023 11:52 AM

In 1996 I liked Madonna however I walked out of Evita. It was preposterous and Madonna as usual was a leaden and fake actress.

by Anonymousreply 201April 9, 2023 11:56 AM

Madonna got part of Evita on top of waging all all out war to fight for part, also wrote a long passionate letter to Alan Parker to convince him she was perfect for the role. Included with said letter was a video of her "Take A Bow" which Madonna had specifically requested director make it very much a 1940's to 1950's vibe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202April 9, 2023 12:17 PM

[quote]Cher's faux Venetian monstrosity from the beach to which she also does not have any direct access.

It's Cher we're talking about here, she can just teleport herself to the beach.

by Anonymousreply 203April 9, 2023 12:17 PM

Rest of how things played out is here.

"Although his preferred leading lady was Michelle Pfeiffer, Parker was struck by an impassioned, four-page letter that Madonna wrote to him over the 1994 Christmas holiday, along with a copy of her Latin-themed ‘Take A Bow’ video. Pfeiffer became pregnant, and did not want to shoot Evita on location. Madonna was back in the ring, but her chequered acting career made her a risky proposition. Lloyd-Webber was concerned that her immense fame would overwhelm the picture, and unconvinced by her vocal range. Sir Tim Rice, however, favoured the singer to play the part over a more conventional actress. After accepting a flat $1 million fee – and forgoing a percentage of the film’s profits – Madonna signed on for Evita in 1995."

and:

"By 1988, Oliver Stone was writing a screenplay for Evita, which he planned to direct. Stone invited Madonna to discuss it with himself, theatrical producer Robert Stigwood, and Andrew Lloyd-Webber at the composer’s Trump Tower apartment. Describing all three men as “fabulous misogynists,” Madonna decided she could not work with Stone in particular. Lloyd-Webber thought her rude, and when Stone insulted her in the press, Madonna moved on. Meryl Streep became the favoured choice, and spent a year preparing for the role until Stone shelved the project."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204April 9, 2023 12:19 PM

From R191

[quote] Ok Miss Girls, in case some of you have forgotten Roddy McDowall had a house on Malibu sandwiched between same stretch of highway and beach as Cher.

It's clear from the Roddy McDowall home movies that his house was right on the beach. You can see guests are right at the beach, sitting on the wall surrounding his patio, just above the beach.

From what's been described in this thread, it appears that Cher's house does not have beach access, while RM's house certainly did.

by Anonymousreply 205April 9, 2023 2:10 PM

R191 that was 1965 dear. Things have changed since then

by Anonymousreply 206April 9, 2023 2:27 PM

Maybe she's getting ready for a nursing home. She's close to 90.

by Anonymousreply 207April 9, 2023 2:44 PM

[bold]QUEENS![/bold]

Spiraling off into multiple tiny Rumplestiltskin-esque whirlwinds of fury over Patti/Madonna/Evita/etc., in a thread about Cher's house.

Such bitchy queens queenishly bitching.

by Anonymousreply 208April 9, 2023 5:42 PM

[quote] Spiraling off into multiple tiny Rumplestiltskin-esque whirlwinds of fury over Patti/Madonna/Evita/etc., in a thread about Cher's house.

We need to do something to bump the post to the top. It’s not a “tasteful friends” post where we can bitch about her 1970s decor.

by Anonymousreply 209April 9, 2023 5:49 PM

R207, Cher has at least 20 years left if she makes it to her Mom 's age. I think the grandma lived even longer

by Anonymousreply 210April 9, 2023 6:02 PM

She installed the court the year after Her & Chaz lost the mixed doubles championship to Barbra & Jason at the prestigious Malibu Cup Tournament

by Anonymousreply 211April 9, 2023 7:23 PM

So, Cher was just bluffing about having waterfront property?

by Anonymousreply 212April 9, 2023 8:17 PM

The Pacific Ocean is freezing cold, better to look at it from a hilltop house then to try and swim in it

by Anonymousreply 213April 9, 2023 10:32 PM

If I were to buy it I'd change the decor from gothic middle eastern to gothic victorian and replace the Taurus motif with my own zodiac sign.

by Anonymousreply 214April 10, 2023 3:59 PM

Living that close to the water does your furniture get all mold and mildewy?

by Anonymousreply 215April 10, 2023 4:07 PM

No, it doesn't get moldy.

by Anonymousreply 216April 10, 2023 5:09 PM

[quote]She's close to 90.

She's 76. That's close to 90?

by Anonymousreply 217April 10, 2023 7:16 PM

@r214, "Taurus motif "

Ford decorates now? I'll take the Mustang motif

by Anonymousreply 218April 10, 2023 9:22 PM

For the person who asked:

tasteful: because SOMETIMES, we're tasteful.

Friends: Eh , if you're lucky.

by Anonymousreply 219April 10, 2023 10:03 PM

I don't care if I lose millions.

The huge "fuck you" the eventual sale will send to my spoiled, lazy, untalented, ungrateful kids is worth every penny!

by Anonymousreply 220April 11, 2023 3:15 AM

Cher bought both her kids houses, and Elijah multiple houses, none if which he lived in for very kong Elijah was living with her last I heard. He prefers live-in help and a chef.

by Anonymousreply 221April 11, 2023 6:14 AM

Has Elijah ever held a job?

by Anonymousreply 222April 11, 2023 8:12 AM

would you?

by Anonymousreply 223April 11, 2023 12:32 PM

the nephew of one of her assistants was busted for dealing heroin/fentanyl out of the house in 2018. If your house is too big for you to know who's there at any given time or what they're doing, time to downsize!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224April 11, 2023 12:55 PM

[Quote]She's 76. That's close to 90?

In Hollywood years it is

by Anonymousreply 225April 11, 2023 1:19 PM

I am obsessed with her mid-90s goth catalogue Sanctuary. I have only seen a few grainy online images and I would love to see hi-res versions.

It’s the preferred interior design aesthetic of teenage me.

by Anonymousreply 226June 4, 2023 9:37 PM

OMG she looks like she walked out of Madame Tussaud's @ R224

by Anonymousreply 227June 4, 2023 10:30 PM

Looks like some MacMansion in Coral Gables, FL.

by Anonymousreply 228June 4, 2023 10:41 PM

For no particular reason, compare it to the beachfront home Bette Davis owned in Laguna Beach.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229June 4, 2023 10:50 PM

@R229

Gorgeous and classy. Bette D had class.

And I luvs me sum Cher.

by Anonymousreply 230June 4, 2023 10:54 PM

She should bite the bullet and advertise directly to royals in Saudi Arabia, where some gay prince would leap at the chance to have some Cher.

by Anonymousreply 231August 23, 2023 6:19 PM

How is Cher's gelato business doing?

by Anonymousreply 232August 23, 2023 6:28 PM

She should rework her old disco hit “Take Me Home” and advertise on TV with the jingle “Take My Home”. Or entice with alternative uses for the property, subletting it into apartments with “Living in My House Subdivided”.

by Anonymousreply 233August 23, 2023 6:32 PM

I thought she bought a place in the same building as Candy Spelling is living at now.

I remember reading Chaz’s book and be talked about how money was tight in the early 80s in their family and all I could think was “bitch your mom was getting $350k a WEEK playing Vegas”

by Anonymousreply 234August 23, 2023 6:50 PM

does it come with Blue?

by Anonymousreply 235August 23, 2023 9:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!