Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

*Wisconsin Supreme Court Election Results*

Polls close in a few minutes.

Janet Protasiewicz (D)

vs.

Daniel Kelly (R)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222April 10, 2023 3:14 AM

And why do we care about this local race, OP?

by Anonymousreply 1April 5, 2023 12:56 AM

R1, way to flaunt your ignorance in public. This will affect national politics because of decisions on redistricting and election. It’s a big deal.

by Anonymousreply 2April 5, 2023 1:01 AM

And abortion rights in Wisconsin.

by Anonymousreply 3April 5, 2023 1:02 AM

Kelly was connected to the fake elector scheme in Wisconsin so the state's 2024 results for one of many reasons idiot at r1.

by Anonymousreply 4April 5, 2023 1:03 AM

Was born there, I’m hoping they do the right thing

by Anonymousreply 5April 5, 2023 1:05 AM

I currently live in Wisconsin and voted for Protasiewicz. Wisconsin is such a purple state it could go either way.

by Anonymousreply 6April 5, 2023 1:07 AM

Go Janet!

by Anonymousreply 7April 5, 2023 1:08 AM

R1 feels emboldened to show off his ignorance since Palin, Trump, MTG, Boebert, Tuberville etc, made it acceptable to be painfully stupid.

by Anonymousreply 8April 5, 2023 1:10 AM

Just about 2% of the vote now in.

Waukesha & Dane were the first 2 counties to report.

Race is about 50/50 so far.

by Anonymousreply 9April 5, 2023 1:18 AM

Steve Kornacki on duty tonight as usual. 😊

by Anonymousreply 10April 5, 2023 1:22 AM

I hope she wins, but WI has been turning a hard right for many election seasons now.

by Anonymousreply 11April 5, 2023 1:24 AM

Need to get Judge Janet on the court. Kelly is an extremist like that asshole Michels who was running for governor (and was thankfully defeated) last fall.

I live in Wisconsin as well, and I'm just fucking sick of the ads. There was another court election recently and the tactic for attack ads has basically been "Did YOU know that JUDGE JANET let a MURDERING PEDO RAPIST MINORITY TRANTIFA GANG MONSTER walk FREE?!?!"

by Anonymousreply 12April 5, 2023 1:25 AM

Janet Protasiewicz is in the lead right now, but she needs to run up high totals in Dane to win.

by Anonymousreply 13April 5, 2023 1:26 AM

Yup, because all the cowfucking counties will vote for the MAGAt.

by Anonymousreply 14April 5, 2023 1:28 AM

I'm a New Yorker and even I know the Wisconsin election this year is a really big deal.

by Anonymousreply 15April 5, 2023 1:29 AM

There are a huge number of casual white racist supremacists in Wisconsin. They don't think they're racist but they vote white supremacist every time.

by Anonymousreply 16April 5, 2023 1:33 AM

25% of the vote now in.

Janet P leads Daniel K by 61.4% to 38.6%.

Dems are hoping to run it up big in crucial Dane county.

by Anonymousreply 17April 5, 2023 1:33 AM

Dave Wasserman seeing some encouraging signs for Janet P so far, including leading in bellwether Sauk Co.

by Anonymousreply 18April 5, 2023 1:35 AM

Kelly appears to be underperforming in Waukesha (a GOP stronghold) according to Steve Kornacki.

by Anonymousreply 19April 5, 2023 1:38 AM

38% of the votes are counted and Janet has a 120k vote lead.

by Anonymousreply 20April 5, 2023 1:39 AM

**WASSERMAN CALLS IT FOR JANET P!!**

by Anonymousreply 21April 5, 2023 1:40 AM

[quote]I've seen enough: Janet Protasiewicz defeats Daniel Kelly for Wisconsin Supreme Court. The result flips ideological control of the court from conservative to liberal, a huge victory for the pro-choice side.

by Anonymousreply 22April 5, 2023 1:41 AM

Yeah!!!!

by Anonymousreply 23April 5, 2023 1:41 AM

Dave Wasserman: I've seen enough: Janet Protasiewicz defeats Daniel Kelly for Wisconsin Supreme Court. The result flips ideological control of the court from conservative to liberal, a huge victory for the pro-choice side.

by Anonymousreply 24April 5, 2023 1:42 AM

Yay!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 5, 2023 1:43 AM

She has a strong lead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 5, 2023 1:44 AM

[quote]Wisconsin: this is on track to be a fairly comfortable win for Protasiewicz, perhaps in the 4-7 pt range.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 5, 2023 1:46 AM

YAY!!!!!

This makes up for that twat in NC and shows Trump's troubles today aren't pushing people to the right.

by Anonymousreply 28April 5, 2023 1:46 AM

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 29April 5, 2023 1:47 AM

Thank SCOTUS for overturning Roe v. Wade.

by Anonymousreply 30April 5, 2023 1:47 AM

Get. The. Fucking. Hint. Media.

The country is not evenly divided. We have an evil, loud minority and they are called the GOP. And they are trying to destroy democracy because they cannot win based on actual Americans voting. No Republican who bans books or tells women they can't have choice over their own lives or tells people who they can/can't love or what to teach or the countless other attempts to control people's lives will ever get you to the WH. This stupidity of saying only Trump can't win? No, no Republican can win in the general election.

And fuck every one of you "concerned Dems" who try to use "trans" as a cudgel. Most Americans will never even meet a transperson and don't care enough to base their vote on it. The red wave that never was, should've been enough cold water in your face. Even the GOP in control of the house is only because NY and CA fucked up their redistricting. The GOP platform is ant-American, fascistic trash.

by Anonymousreply 31April 5, 2023 1:53 AM

I wish our state voted in Judges. Our governor appoints Judges, who stay for life. Shitty system.

by Anonymousreply 32April 5, 2023 1:53 AM

Wisconsin, women's healthcare, AND Democracy win tonight! Way to fucking go, voters of Wisconsin! Thank you, volunteers! BIG BLUE, YES!🎉

by Anonymousreply 33April 5, 2023 1:54 AM

NYT has also called it for Janet P:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 5, 2023 1:55 AM

And so has NBC:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 5, 2023 1:56 AM

Young people at again....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36April 5, 2023 1:57 AM

I JUST clicked on this thread and gasped when I clicked on OP's link. Maddow's reporting Protasiewicz is the winner.

FUCK yeah!

by Anonymousreply 37April 5, 2023 1:58 AM

OMFG

FUCK YES

I hope they do redistricting IMMEDIATELY

so Democrats have a better chance at winning back the House with a fairer map

and long live abortion!

by Anonymousreply 38April 5, 2023 1:59 AM

WaPo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 5, 2023 1:59 AM

Thank you, Gen Z!

No wonder the Repubs are trying to kill you guys off. You are the calvary for Democracy! LOVE YOU BITCHES!

by Anonymousreply 40April 5, 2023 2:00 AM

That was certainly a faster call than expected tonight. I was expecting to be sweating this one out for a lot longer.

by Anonymousreply 41April 5, 2023 2:00 AM

thrilled as I am

it's so bizarre this state in the last 5 months reelected the Democratic governor, reelected 1 of the worst repub senators and now flipped the state Supreme Court to liberal over a wonky repub candidate

too bad it wasn't a clean sweep by getting rid of Johnson

by Anonymousreply 42April 5, 2023 2:02 AM

This means the Republicans will no longer have a majority on the court. R1, We have to pay attention to local and state elections. We have to pay attention to the laws they are passing all over this country. Banning books, defunding libraries, refusing to support Gun safety reforms, instead passing open carry, no permit needed gun laws. Voter suppression, gerrymandering, state takeover of local election boards, state's having the right to overturn election results, defunding public education, banning abortion, abortion pills, birth control, Reproductive freedom, banning medical care and procedures to save peoples lives, it is all coming from your state government.

by Anonymousreply 43April 5, 2023 2:04 AM

So when you see complete idiots tell you that the indictment of Trump will "guarantee he gets reelected," see what happened to his judge in a purple state.

by Anonymousreply 44April 5, 2023 2:05 AM

Why the fuck don't we get to elect the SCOTUS. Then we mightn't have half the whack jobs that are on there in post.

by Anonymousreply 45April 5, 2023 2:05 AM

[quote]Why the fuck don't we get to elect the SCOTUS. Then we mightn't have half the whack jobs that are on there in post.

Then maybe that Ginni scum could take up scrapbooking and no one would ever again take her seriously.

by Anonymousreply 46April 5, 2023 2:07 AM

ever see her*

by Anonymousreply 47April 5, 2023 2:08 AM

Hey R8! I wasn’t just pickin’ cotton, neither!

by Anonymousreply 48April 5, 2023 2:09 AM

This is such good news. I love abortion.

by Anonymousreply 49April 5, 2023 2:10 AM

Ben Wikler Chair, Democratic Party of Wisconsin. @WisDems

@benwikler This isn’t a prediction. It isn’t a hint. It’s just a note. And my note is, this election was a release valve for twelve years of Democratic rage in Wisconsin about Republicans rigging our state and smashing our democracy—and then using that power to rip away our rights.

by Anonymousreply 50April 5, 2023 2:11 AM

Good God, R48. I can't believe I already forgot him

by Anonymousreply 51April 5, 2023 2:12 AM

Republicans literally hijacked the state Legislature in Wisconsin with their gerrymandering. Democrats have won 14 of the last 17 statewide races in WI yet Republicans maintain legislative majorities in the two-thirds range.

I hope they can fix this ahead of the next decennial redistricting, since we just went through one. Anyway who's been paying closer attention than me know whether progressives have a legal challenge queued up on this?

by Anonymousreply 52April 5, 2023 2:14 AM

Fuck YASS, Bitches!

Our girl won! 👏🏼👊🏽🙌🏿

by Anonymousreply 53April 5, 2023 2:16 AM

A friend of mine said dealing with D. Kelly was shocking- that DK was the biggest sleazy shyster of an attorney he had ever run into. Because of the work he is in, has dealt with, um, 50 or more over the last 20 years for contractual and business development deals.

by Anonymousreply 54April 5, 2023 2:16 AM

[quote] Thank you, Gen Z!

Pfffft. Millennials be holding down the Democrat vote after turning 40

by Anonymousreply 55April 5, 2023 2:17 AM

The real work now begins, to begin the undoing 12 years of gerrymandering, union busting , and voting suppression that began with The Koch Brother's backed and funded Scott Walker.

by Anonymousreply 56April 5, 2023 2:19 AM

[quote] This is such good news. I love abortion.

I may just go get one in celebration of this! I feel like treating myself to something nice!

by Anonymousreply 57April 5, 2023 2:19 AM

R42, barely won:

Ron Johnson*1,337,185 +50.5% 50.5%

Mandela Barnes 1,310,467 +49.5% 49.5

Fewer than 27K votes.

by Anonymousreply 58April 5, 2023 2:19 AM

[quote]Scott Walker

Witness your future, Ron DeSantis. Enjoy the noise and attention you're getting, because like Walker who was also the "GOP's second-coming," you will never ever be president.

by Anonymousreply 59April 5, 2023 2:22 AM

Dave Wasserman says Janet P may win by even more:

[quote]FWIW I'm inclined to revise Protasiewicz's margin upwards slightly...perhaps 6-8 pt range.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60April 5, 2023 2:24 AM

Man, how close is WI to grabbing pitchforks and torches and just running the GOP in the statehouse out of town? Those cheeseheads are pissed. I love it!

by Anonymousreply 61April 5, 2023 2:26 AM

Gold star for R31.

Over and over and over again these election results put a lie to the media narratives about "both sides" nonsense, and this country being "divided." But I guarantee not a single pundit tomorrow will say "gee, based on this bellweather election maybe we need to rethink the nonsense that Trump can easily win 2024 without massive voter suppression, or that his indictment is going to boost support for him."

And it's not a coincidence that Gen Z is stepping when they are the generation paying the least attention to major news media. They are politically invested and they are talking to each other on social media, not letting the CNN and NYTimes asshats dictate to them. Which is precisely why Elon took on the task of destroying Twitter, and the GOP wants to end TikTok--the 2 most popular SM platforms among these kids. Also not a coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 62April 5, 2023 2:27 AM

Re: R60

Absolutely awesome! The People Have Spoken and they have sided with women's rights, with America, and with Democracy.

by Anonymousreply 63April 5, 2023 2:29 AM

This headline is poetry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64April 5, 2023 2:31 AM

[quote]Patience D. Roggensack, Wisconsin Supreme Court Chief Justice

Christ on a crutch, why not just call yourself Agnes Goody?

by Anonymousreply 65April 5, 2023 2:58 AM

what kind of majority do the repubs have in the state legislature? There's already a threat to impeach her

hopefully they don't have enough to convict/remove her

by Anonymousreply 66April 5, 2023 3:00 AM

Currently, she won by 10 points. Last week MSM was calling another 1/2 point squeeker.

Dead children and a woman's sovereignty over her own body, are the two issues that have Americans FED UP with the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 67April 5, 2023 3:06 AM

Look at the returns from the rural counties; Janet did surprisingly well in quite a few that Kelly is carrying.

by Anonymousreply 68April 5, 2023 3:20 AM

We need to celebrate, so I went out and bought us a cheesecake.

by Anonymousreply 69April 5, 2023 3:32 AM

When things look bad, like shit in general today...there are good things that happen. I was encouraged by the video of the long line of young people waiting to vote. They're fired up. Keep it up, kids!

by Anonymousreply 70April 5, 2023 3:35 AM

Don't assume every young person is simply looking to be an "influencer." They see what's going on in their schools and with books and with the GOP trying to control everything in a person's life as they laughably claim to be for "small govt"

R70, you should also look up the video of children and teens walking out of school in Nashville to protest school shootings. Of course the right-wing claims they're "being used" as these same idiots put out Christmas pictures with their children holding ARs, because those children aren't props, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 71April 5, 2023 3:42 AM

I did see that R71. That was amazing. These kids are sick and tired and don't want the constant fear of shootings anymore. They are angry, as they should be. We don't give young people enough credit.

by Anonymousreply 72April 5, 2023 3:46 AM

I'm concerned about tonight's election results.

by Anonymousreply 73April 5, 2023 3:46 AM

Good lord, her opponent is a graceless shitbag. In his concession, he said the following:

“It brings me no joy to say this: I wish that in a circumstance like this, I would be able to concede to a worthy opponent,” he said. “But I do not have a worthy opponent to which I can concede.”

by Anonymousreply 74April 5, 2023 4:19 AM

He's a pile of shit.

by Anonymousreply 75April 5, 2023 4:21 AM

Typical of today's GOP.

by Anonymousreply 76April 5, 2023 4:22 AM

According to Newsweek, there was barely any polling done on this race. Why?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77April 5, 2023 4:42 AM

Thank GOD there wasn't any polling, then we'd be hearing another "red wave" type prediction from the media.

by Anonymousreply 78April 5, 2023 4:46 AM

[quote] I hope she wins, but WI has been turning a hard right for many election seasons now.

We have a Democratic governor in his second term and an openly lesbian Senator, you half-wit. Why do such uninformed (i.e. stupid) people feeled compelled to speak up so much?

by Anonymousreply 79April 5, 2023 5:06 AM

R67, it always comes down to who actually go out to vote. Likely voters voting during the week on an off-election year is always a stretch. She actually had an issue attached to her that affects people there (abortion) and that of course will lead people to the polls, many who may never have voted before or miss elections.

The GOP needs a full house cleaning. They courted the Tea Party and it was all downhill from there.

by Anonymousreply 80April 5, 2023 5:10 AM

R79, and again: Russia Johnson only won by under 27K votes

by Anonymousreply 81April 5, 2023 5:10 AM

Not very r61. This is still a very red state in most places.

by Anonymousreply 82April 5, 2023 5:11 AM

They were paid r70 and most from out of state.

by Anonymousreply 83April 5, 2023 5:12 AM

LOL, you're a terrible troll, R83. I hope you're at least a looker.

A couple of R82/83's "greatest hits"

[quote]His poll numbers are really up since this witch hunt.

[quote]Epstein Island was a huge liberal hangout.

by Anonymousreply 84April 5, 2023 5:15 AM

Stop with thanking all the kids, I'm an old white guy and I voted for Janet...

You're welcome 🙂

by Anonymousreply 85April 5, 2023 5:22 AM

R83 is Dumbvida and her usual QAnon conspiracy theories.

by Anonymousreply 86April 5, 2023 5:27 AM

[quote]Currently, she won by 10 points.

Presently up to 11 points with 98% totaled

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87April 5, 2023 5:44 AM

Has the cuntservative screamed "fraud" yet?

by Anonymousreply 88April 5, 2023 5:46 AM

Can someone explain the Dan Knodl situation? I mean is his win a setback for the state?

by Anonymousreply 89April 5, 2023 6:03 AM

Are you 58, R85?

by Anonymousreply 90April 5, 2023 6:06 AM

^ No, 68 😛

by Anonymousreply 91April 5, 2023 6:08 AM

So weird that judges in the US are selected through a political process. No wonder the country is so polarised.

by Anonymousreply 92April 5, 2023 6:12 AM

I’d break out a Spotted Cow, if I could find one.

by Anonymousreply 93April 5, 2023 6:14 AM

On Wisconsin!

by Anonymousreply 94April 5, 2023 6:15 AM

r81, And WI Democrats put an old white woman against an old white man. This was winnable.

WI Democrats ran a young black man against an old white man. THAT is why Ron won when he shouldn't have.

Pity that Elizabeth Warren jumped on the Mandela Barnes bandwagon for the primary race and tilted it to Mandela.

by Anonymousreply 95April 5, 2023 6:50 AM

Well done Janet.

by Anonymousreply 96April 5, 2023 7:16 AM

Here's the thing though. We have to resist now. While it is fresh. I don't want to live in a world where people get used to being oppressed. And over time that can happen. So keep resisting NOW. Do whatever you can. But please push back.

by Anonymousreply 97April 5, 2023 12:24 PM

R92 in some states they're elected, in others they're appointed, like federal judges.

by Anonymousreply 98April 5, 2023 12:34 PM

GOP, do you hear that? It's the sound of doom.

by Anonymousreply 99April 5, 2023 12:47 PM

What, R99? It sounds like we need to take away even more books, rights, regulations, push more guns on everyone, and destroy social security! All we know is how to double-down on fascist bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 100April 5, 2023 12:52 PM

Democracy's Calvary. 💙

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101April 5, 2023 1:28 PM

"The most gerrymandered state in the country will likely soon have fair maps because Wisconsin voted.

A state with a ban on abortion from *1849* will likely soon have reproductive rights restored because Wisconsin voted.

Elections matter."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102April 5, 2023 1:30 PM

Lol when Republicans are shocked people and not land votes

by Anonymousreply 103April 5, 2023 1:32 PM

"Republicans don't realize how deeply unpopular they truly are. The GOP is in complete disarray, yet they continue to make the same mistakes and double down on Trump and MAGA.

But as the saying goes, never interrupt your opponent when they are making a mistake."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104April 5, 2023 1:32 PM

I love that it wasn't even close.

I hope this is a harbinger of things to come.

by Anonymousreply 105April 5, 2023 1:34 PM

The best is yet to come!

by Anonymousreply 106April 5, 2023 1:39 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107April 5, 2023 1:44 PM

[quote] We have a Democratic governor in his second term and an openly lesbian Senator, you half-wit. Why do such uninformed (i.e. stupid) people feeled compelled to speak up so much?

I lived there for many years, you festering cunt. And apparently, I know far more about it then your utterly simplistic response would suggest.

WI has been inundated with dark money for decades (via the evil WMC) and while the governor's seat and Tammy Baldwin's Senate seat are good signs, the state legislature has been a depraved mess for decades.

And I don't "feeled" compelled to speak, you fat whore. Choke down a few cheese curds and learn to spell.

by Anonymousreply 108April 5, 2023 1:45 PM

I wish I could say "The Fascist White Supremacists are on the run!", but it's way too early for that. This is a good sign. But we need to start defeating these monsters, this cancer on our society and democracy, more places, and more consistently.

What Republicans are doing to this country is criminal. Literally. It's vile and they must be not just resisted, but SMACKED DOWN HARD, so they don't ever try again.

by Anonymousreply 109April 5, 2023 1:51 PM

The problem, R109, is that the supremacists and fascists are now intertwined with the businesses on Main Street, the guys at the Moose lodge, etc.

Not all of them are wearing signs that say "I'm the bad guy."

by Anonymousreply 110April 5, 2023 1:55 PM

[quote]Democracy's Calvary. 💙

R101 - I know that it is Holy Week, but I think you meant to write "Cavalry" not the anglicized name of Golgotha.

Upon further reflection, you could have written "Republican's Calvary" and it would have been correct.

by Anonymousreply 111April 5, 2023 1:59 PM

Yes, sorry. Thanks for the correction, R111.

by Anonymousreply 112April 5, 2023 2:09 PM

Everyone needs to calm down and get themselves a brandy old fashioned sour this instant.

by Anonymousreply 113April 5, 2023 2:21 PM

How long before the Republicans start saying the candidate was backed by George Soros ?

by Anonymousreply 114April 5, 2023 3:05 PM

I just saw that all four justices are women. That's gonna send Trump into a meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 115April 5, 2023 3:10 PM

I wish Soros was half as active for the Dems as they accuse him of being, lol. We'd have it so much easier.

by Anonymousreply 116April 5, 2023 3:17 PM

[quote]How long before the Republicans start saying the candidate was backed by George Soros ?

They already have. Several conservative sites have pointed out that Soros made large contributions to the state Democratic Party.

by Anonymousreply 117April 5, 2023 3:20 PM

R116 I agree !

by Anonymousreply 118April 5, 2023 3:43 PM

"Whoa. In some areas of Wisconsin, youth turnout not only nearly MATCHED the 2022 general election, but more than 80% of young people in those areas voted for Janet Protasiewicz. Don’t tell me young people don’t vote. We do. And we aren’t stopping any time soon."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119April 5, 2023 4:47 PM

That's a very good sign r119. Young people have to care about this, especially young women. The Republican Party is really going hard for Gilead and women have to start taking that much more seriously than they have in the past.

by Anonymousreply 120April 5, 2023 4:49 PM

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE SHIT IN MY IGNORANT MOUTH???!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 121April 5, 2023 4:57 PM

The vote wasn’t even close. Wisconsin citizens apparently don’t want to live in a fascist state. Good for them.

by Anonymousreply 122April 5, 2023 4:59 PM

[quote]I do not have a worthy opponent to which I can concede.

Hmm… not a word from the “OMG CIVILITY!” pundits.

by Anonymousreply 123April 5, 2023 5:25 PM

Judge Janet kicked sniveling Kelly in the cuntbone!

by Anonymousreply 124April 5, 2023 5:42 PM

Unfortunately the special election for the state Senate seat went to the Republican, creating a super majority for the GOP in that legislative body. This gives them the power to impeach the governor, any of his appointees, and judges (including any liberal judges).

So while I'm glad the state supreme court election went well, with the Senate results we're in "one step forward, two steps back" situation. This is going to get very ugly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125April 5, 2023 6:04 PM

LOL. "But we took Fort Sumter!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126April 5, 2023 6:08 PM

R125 B...b...but Miss R79 told us everything is fine and how dare we question anything!

by Anonymousreply 127April 5, 2023 6:18 PM

The GOP trash who scream "weaponization of government" at Dems are already preparing to have this elected judge impeached, because heaven forbid they accept they appeal to no one beyond their garbage minority of swine.

by Anonymousreply 128April 5, 2023 6:21 PM

Impeached for what? FOR WHAT? That they aren't getting their rich-white ass way?

Fuck that noise. Fuck them!

by Anonymousreply 129April 5, 2023 6:25 PM

R129, the absolute insanity and stupidity in how they think is mind-blowing: Some are claiming voter fraud because she won, but Knodl (R) won his seat. So how can it be that WI --with their supermajority (R)-- could possibly vote for an "extremist liberal judge"? They don't understand the difference between a state-wide election vs a gerrymandered district.

by Anonymousreply 130April 5, 2023 6:32 PM

The WI state legislator is filled with evil, craven bastards.

It will be a shitshow. Trust that if Trump or DeSantis has a close election, WI will be decided by its state legislature, not the courts and not the governor.

And WMC has been funneling dark money into WI races since the late 90s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131April 5, 2023 6:38 PM

Young people are now the most powerful voting bloc in American politics. They seem to really enjoy voting and having their voices heard. It gives me hope for the future.

Meanwhile, Baby Boomers' influence on politics is waning by the day. Will they even have that much influence after the 2024 election cycle?

by Anonymousreply 132April 5, 2023 6:45 PM

r77 Both campaigns spent a lot of money on attack ads, they could have diverted funds to polls if they wanted to.

by Anonymousreply 133April 5, 2023 6:54 PM

Boy, they really dodged a bullet in WI just based on that ungracious, toxic loser speech by Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 134April 5, 2023 7:19 PM

Yes, but with the super-majority in the state Senate, plenty of other bullets are being loaded as we speak.

by Anonymousreply 135April 5, 2023 7:30 PM

If anyone's interested, here is a prime example of the legislature here in Wisconsin:

For decades, Mazo Beach was a very popular clothing-optional beach on the Wisconsin River. My friends and I would drive there as a group for many summers, and it was amazing. Met people from all over the country there. Then this happened:

[quote]From Wikipedia: In 2013, a bill passed closing the beach on weekdays. On March 8, 2016, the DNR closed the beach until further notice, citing illegal activity. The state is updating its master plan for redevelopment of the area, but Mazo beach was left out. Prior to the closure, it had been described as one of the "most popular nude beaches" in the country.

So, this board member on the Wisconsin DNR, Fred Prehn, his term on the board expired in 2020, but he REFUSED to vacate the seat for TWO YEARS, maintaining Repub control. How did this happen? This DNR board seat is an appointed position, chosen by the Governor, then approved by the state legislature. So, Dem. Gov. Evers is selecting people, but the state legislature is vetoing. Sick, huh?

Maybe our much-beloved beach will reopen some day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136April 5, 2023 7:34 PM

R135, WTF do they think the end game is for them if they keep insisting on trying to control people? Rs keep talking about civil war and revolution, but it seems they are the ones who will drive the majority towards stringing up the GOP. They are a shrinking party of fascists and young people are telling them their party is dying because they refuse to change. How long does the GOP think it has before they're the ones getting chants of being hanged for their regressive policies?

by Anonymousreply 137April 5, 2023 7:34 PM

Encouraging results from Kenosha County (crime scene of Kyle Rittenhouse): Janet P. won by 8 points.

Trump won by 3 in 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138April 5, 2023 7:38 PM

That 10-point victory is a message to the Wisconsin GOP - their constituents have had enough.

by Anonymousreply 139April 5, 2023 7:54 PM

The Mid-terms were a message to the GOP, which they have ignored completely. They seem incapable of doing anything but doubling down.

by Anonymousreply 140April 5, 2023 8:17 PM

It's not just the midterms. They haven't won the popular vote in how many elections? The electoral college is the only thing that gives them any chance, They gerrymandered districts into crazy straws and the Senate may be almost 50-50, but the populations within that number reflect how few people are represented by Rs. You put together a bunch of states represented by 8 or 10 Senators( R) and their combined population is still smaller than CA alone.

by Anonymousreply 141April 5, 2023 8:23 PM

So Republicans have not learned since Kansas that you cannot gerrymander statewide races and Dark Money is so obvious in individual races?

This is why voter suppression is so important to them.

by Anonymousreply 142April 5, 2023 8:25 PM

Boo hoo, how are we supposed to cheat now???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143April 5, 2023 8:36 PM

R128. Frivolous impeachment would be a full-on coup.

Which means the GOP will definitely do it.

If and when they do they need to be arrested. I don't know by who, maybe the Federal government, but somebody needs to step in to protect democracy.

by Anonymousreply 144April 5, 2023 8:37 PM

[quote] You put together a bunch of states represented by 8 or 10 Senators( R) and their combined population is still smaller than NJ alone

FIFY

by Anonymousreply 145April 5, 2023 8:46 PM

R144, Marc Elias.

by Anonymousreply 146April 5, 2023 8:47 PM

Now that we're seeing irrefutable evidence that abortion is a winning issue for the Dems, look for major media to start fretting that Dems need to stop talking about it.

by Anonymousreply 147April 5, 2023 8:51 PM

R147, the media will be too busy telling us how Trump's indictment should worry Dems because NOW, everyone will want him back in the WH. I mean why wouldn't he be far more appealing to independents?

by Anonymousreply 148April 5, 2023 9:00 PM

Dan Kelly, king of sore losers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149April 5, 2023 9:06 PM

Well, he certainly displayed the perfect temperament for a judge.

by Anonymousreply 150April 5, 2023 9:10 PM

R149 This is the caliber of individuals they put in as judge. Demonizing their opponents in a free and fair election and then demonizing them when they lose. Anti-democratic extremist nut jobs.

by Anonymousreply 151April 5, 2023 9:10 PM

Now he has to go back to his pissy little practice. Nobody in 'Biglaw' where the real money is would hire that ambulance chaser.

by Anonymousreply 152April 5, 2023 9:35 PM

Can't he just pull a Kari Lake and go on the Grifting Trail, where he rips off dumbass Republicans with the claims that he's the real winner, there was a secret cabal that cheated him out of his win, and if his fellow patriots donate frequently and enough he'll prove it? Also , something something Hunter's laptop, something something Killary, something something MAGA!

by Anonymousreply 153April 5, 2023 9:57 PM

I met Dan Kelly about 6 years ago when he was a WI State Supreme Court Justice.

A lot of times when you meet prominent people you've heard bad things about, they don't comport with your negative expectations. When you meet and converse with that person, you go away thinking, "Gee, that person was actually pretty nice."

Not Kelly. That speech didn't surprise me.

He was OK in our conversation, but the aura of "Jerk" and "Asshole" just emanate from him.

by Anonymousreply 154April 6, 2023 1:38 AM

You know, what I have learned in this thread is a lot more than I ever heard watching the TV news. I had no idea the Wisconsin state legislature was GOP majority and could take out any elected official they wanted to. Fuck. We have to turn out and g et rid of these fuckers all over the country.

by Anonymousreply 155April 6, 2023 2:09 AM

They're turning on each other. Conservatives attack Ann Coulter after she says GOP's extremism on abortion is losing elections: ‘You’re endorsing the killing of babies’. (Coulter supported the overturning of Roe v Wade but doesn't support banning of abortion in cases like rape.)

by Anonymousreply 156April 6, 2023 2:22 AM

The Repug ran of anti-trans fearmongering

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157April 6, 2023 2:58 AM

But the right-wing shitstain trolls at Datalounge told us that the anti-trans hysteria would be a winning strategy for the Republicans.

What happened?

by Anonymousreply 158April 6, 2023 3:02 AM

They were paid r119. Heavy money went into rounding up new people to support them.

by Anonymousreply 159April 6, 2023 3:06 AM

Oops, "ran on"

by Anonymousreply 160April 6, 2023 3:13 AM

Let me guess, R159, George Soros paid a bunch of GenZs to come out to vote for Dems?

People like you like in an alternate universe.

by Anonymousreply 161April 6, 2023 3:18 AM

*live in an alternate universe

by Anonymousreply 162April 6, 2023 3:23 AM

omg! you mean to tell me young people want access to the same abortion rights their parents took for granted but want to take away from them?

by Anonymousreply 163April 6, 2023 3:30 AM

Here's an interesting tidbit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164April 6, 2023 3:54 AM

[quote]Heavy money went into rounding up new people to support them.

No one "rounded up" anyone. Yes, lots of money went into campaigning to get younger people in places like the campuses in Madison to care about this election, but last time I checked, GOTV campaigns were still very much legal in Wisconsin.

by Anonymousreply 165April 6, 2023 5:00 AM

It's much better to take what little money you have and send it to Trump, because he really cares about you. 😭

by Anonymousreply 166April 6, 2023 6:54 AM

Looks like this wasn't the only gain on election day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167April 6, 2023 8:42 AM

Uh oh!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168April 6, 2023 8:46 AM

If the Republicans dare to try to impeach this new justice who was just elected in a massive voter turnout, the will get their fat asses handed to them. The Dobbs decision changed everything, and women are NOT going back to the Dark Ages.

by Anonymousreply 169April 6, 2023 12:37 PM

the = they

by Anonymousreply 170April 6, 2023 12:38 PM

Would that supermajority in R167 be the supermajority Republicans hold despite having a far lower share of the votes? In other words, the drastically gerrymandered, oligarchical supermajority? Welcome to Orbán's America, thanks to the GOP. Now let's see that supermajority impeach Protasiewicz before the court undoes the Republicans' gerrymandering.

by Anonymousreply 171April 6, 2023 1:28 PM

Only Wisconsin is more gerrymandered than North Carolina

by Anonymousreply 172April 6, 2023 1:34 PM

Kelly's speech made him an even bigger loser. The voters hated him so much, they picked someone less worthy, according to him.

by Anonymousreply 173April 6, 2023 1:59 PM

For those worried these scumbags will impeach her, from what I've read that gives the Governor the option of appointing a Justice.

The governor is a Dem who could effectively appoint anyone he wanted.

by Anonymousreply 174April 6, 2023 4:29 PM

Ohio is just as badly gerrymandered as Wisconsin.

And Wisconsin’s young voters turned out in droves to cunt punt the GQP right the fuck outta here.

We have work to do to register voters and inform them of the new voter ID laws. We can do this ALL OVER the country - we, the sane, vastly outnumber the lunatic MAGAts.

by Anonymousreply 175April 6, 2023 6:15 PM

Why on earth would voter ID be problematic?

by Anonymousreply 176April 6, 2023 7:33 PM

Ohio might be badly gerrymandered, but there is much less of a mismatch between the popular vote and legislative/congressional representation as there is in Wisconsin and North Carolina.

by Anonymousreply 177April 6, 2023 7:40 PM

Voter fraud is a non-existing issue. There is next to zero evidence of voter fraud. The very few over the last several elections have turned out to be technical exceptions.

It is a contrived Republican strategy with no basis or evidence. They use it as a wedge issue to claim elections were rigged. A lot of lower income people living in urban areas and do not have drivers license since they don't need to own a car or drive. They will now need to apply for a state ID card, which requires various forms of documentation, plus fees, plus taking a day off from work. It is seen as a form of poll tax and will disenfranchise many more people lower wages and of color.

by Anonymousreply 178April 6, 2023 7:41 PM

You need ID for almost everything in life. It's BS people claim they can get one.

by Anonymousreply 179April 6, 2023 8:01 PM

R176 because the GOP designs it to *prevent* voting, not to actually address (nonexistent) concerns about voter fraud.

Case in point--the new Ohio laws do not include student ID as an acceptable form of ID. Because they want to REDUCE the number of college-age voters. Ohio is not actually worried that someone's college ID or home state driver's license might be fake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180April 6, 2023 8:03 PM

To be fair, out of state students shouldn't be voting anywhere but their home state.

by Anonymousreply 181April 6, 2023 8:05 PM

If you are living at or near the college you attend, you are living in that state at least 9 months out of the year.

by Anonymousreply 182April 6, 2023 8:14 PM

[quote] To be fair, out of state students shouldn't be voting anywhere but their home state.

Do you have any proof that out of state students tried to vote, as in voter fraud being committed by students in the past? Are you trying to make an issue where there is none, like Conservatives did with CRT?

by Anonymousreply 183April 6, 2023 8:15 PM

"You need ID for almost everything in life. It's BS people claim they can get one."

If it costs money to get an ID and you require an ID to vote....that means you are charging people to vote. That's a poll tax

by Anonymousreply 184April 6, 2023 8:17 PM

[quote]Why on earth would voter ID be problematic

Because Republicans were never concerned before they started losing and there is no large scale election fraud based on "ID fraud" that they can even point to. The only assholes who commit election fraud are Republicans voting for dead relatives. Even most of the people who Republicans point to, were allowed to register by the state itself. And still, there is no large scale fraud that has effected the outcome of an election. The 43 people committing election fraud is meaningless when Biden got millions more votes than the orange dogshit.

Do you not notice Republicans are accomplishing nothing good for this country? Every single thing they do is to solidify their minority rule.

by Anonymousreply 185April 6, 2023 8:24 PM

If Republicans fight for it, it's bad for the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 186April 6, 2023 8:26 PM

One good check is to compare gun laws in red states to their voter ID laws. If it's easier to buy a gun than to vote, that pretty much tells you what you need to know about the real purpose of strict voter ID laws.

In Ohio, you need ID but Ohio ID or to be a resident to buy a rifle or shotgun (that includes AR-15s). If you want to buy a handgun, you have to own property in Ohio, but you don't have to live there.

Ergo, their new voter IDs laws are bullshit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187April 6, 2023 8:27 PM

[quote]has effected the outcome

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 188April 6, 2023 8:29 PM

Says it all, R187.

The GOP considers people voting to be more dangerous than owning a gun

by Anonymousreply 189April 6, 2023 8:30 PM

Republicans use non-existent issues as an excuse to push for rules and laws that favor them and their agenda.

by Anonymousreply 190April 6, 2023 8:32 PM

Tennessee is officially the anus of The Confederacy.

The Plantation of Tennessee.

by Anonymousreply 191April 6, 2023 10:34 PM

Oops R187 should day "In Ohio, you need ID but YOU DO NOT NEED Ohio ID or to be a resident to buy a rifle or shotgun"

by Anonymousreply 192April 6, 2023 11:07 PM

State IDs are free in Wisconsin precisely because they can be required to vote. I don't know about any other states though.

by Anonymousreply 193April 6, 2023 11:52 PM

Ethics violations filed. Republican super majority could vote impeachment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194April 7, 2023 1:00 AM

If Justice Protasiewicz wasn’t involved in the “scheme,” she can’t be impeached or blamed for that

by Anonymousreply 195April 7, 2023 1:07 AM

*GASP* You mean people are paid for doing work, right-wing troll R194? The horrors!!!

by Anonymousreply 196April 7, 2023 1:11 AM

r195, Republicans don't care about actual probable cause. They just intend to vote her out. Look what just happened in the Tennessee House with Republicans voting out elected Democratic representatives. Madness, absolute madness.

by Anonymousreply 197April 7, 2023 1:12 AM

I've been using my same voters registration card for over 30 years. It's only in the last few years that they mail me a new one every election season.

by Anonymousreply 198April 7, 2023 1:28 AM

Also, there are many elderly that also don't have drivers license or state ID. If they are required to get a government issued ID, they probably won't get one just to vote. My mother never had a drivers license or state ID. She did have a passport though, not sure if that would be considered a proper ID since it does not have an address on it.

by Anonymousreply 199April 7, 2023 1:32 AM

[quote]Ethics

What are those?

by Anonymousreply 200April 7, 2023 1:34 AM

r199, but aren't the elderly more likely to vote Republican? They are the ones stuck in their habit watching FOX News, etc.

It's like Republicans fuck themselves more than their opponents with their schemes. It's like they want to end the GOP quicker by their own hands.

by Anonymousreply 201April 7, 2023 1:36 AM

R201 It depends on the location of course. I want every citizen to exercise their right to vote regardless of political affiliation.

by Anonymousreply 202April 7, 2023 1:40 AM

[quote] And Wisconsin’s young voters turned out in droves to cunt punt the GQP right the fuck outta here.

Except that GOP just gained a super majority in the Wisconsin state senate. They have the ability to impeach the governor and are already looking at impeaching the newly elected WI supreme fort Justice. They can also override the governor’s veto.

So no….Gen Z didn’t cunt punt the GOP. The GOP in WI is hellbent on getting back at democrats for indicting Trump.

Gen Z isn’t saving anybody. It’s the same old shit.

by Anonymousreply 203April 7, 2023 3:14 AM

GOPs are the poor man's Talibans. Despicable!

by Anonymousreply 204April 7, 2023 3:27 AM

How fucking stupid are these idiots who keep saying "How does Voter ID suppress votes?"

It's so fucking obvious and well documented that you have to be willfully brain dead to even ask this question.

by Anonymousreply 205April 7, 2023 3:29 AM

Did you just wake up from a coma, R203? The WI house and senate makeup is due to the severity of the gerrymandering. The stark difference in results between the statewide elections and the legislative ones just demonstrate how big the hurdle is for Democratic voters. Gen Z absolutely came through--the problem is a structural one that isn't going to be fixed in one election cycle. Try getting a clue before you start spouting nonsense.

[quote]The Wisconsin State Legislature is widely considered to be among, if not the most, gerrymandered state legislature in the nation. Wisconsin is an evenly divided purple state and Tony Evers won re-election with 51.2% of the vote, but on the very same 2022 midterm ballots, Republicans won more than 60% of seats in the state legislature. It just doesn’t add up. There’s a reason for this: The maps are clearly unfair, and they have warped politics and government in Wisconsin to the point where many have argued that the state no longer qualifies as a true representative democracy.

[quote]The gerrymandered state legislative maps have been the GOP’s skeleton key to holding power no matter what they do and no matter how many statewide elections they lose — and Republicans and Republican-backed candidates have lost 13 of the last 16 statewide elections. And instead of providing necessary checks and balances on the state legislature, the conservative majority on the Wisconsin Supreme Court has played a crucial role in maintaining those maps and perpetuating a system of unequal representation. If the court were to flip to a liberal majority, that all could change.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206April 7, 2023 3:42 AM

By the way, Dan Knodl, who just won the WI special senate election that gave the GOP the supermajority, is an assembly member whose district was gerrymandered to make his assembly district (24) a stronger GOP district. But because of the turnout he only won the special election by about 1-2 points, when his predecessor won in in 2020 by 8-9 points.

So yes, again, Gen Z made a big difference.

by Anonymousreply 207April 7, 2023 4:02 AM

Be nice to R203, who is a simpleton that needs stuff explained like he's 5.

Please draw him a flowchart of who cunt punted whom and how hard each cunt punt is.

by Anonymousreply 208April 7, 2023 4:58 AM

r203 they cannot override a veto

by Anonymousreply 209April 7, 2023 12:12 PM

[quote]Please draw him a flowchart of who cunt punted whom and how hard each cunt punt is.

Working on it!

by Anonymousreply 210April 7, 2023 12:19 PM

R201 is right. Thank god my mother has given up voting. She routinely voted Republican, based on their abortion stance, even though she lives solely on Social Security and was in a senior citizen Section 8 apartment and had to take advantage of every low-income benefit she qualified for.

by Anonymousreply 211April 7, 2023 1:06 PM

R211. This is what we want to see.

There will be some hard-right voters who would never vote Democrat unless you put a gun to their head. That's fine and accounted for by the political system.

But when Republicans vote against the interests of literally every subsection of society, you would hope that even the most ardent GOP supporters would just give up and stay home.

It's like the reverse New Deal with the GOP building a coalition of people who hate them.

by Anonymousreply 212April 7, 2023 1:09 PM

"We would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for those meddling kids!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213April 7, 2023 1:48 PM

R213 This post by the ultra corrupt Scott Walker has been brought to you the dark money of the Koch Brothers.

by Anonymousreply 214April 7, 2023 2:00 PM

So close Scott Walker. Coulda gone with "we need to stop being such complete assholes and cunts on every issue." But landed on "we need to end any real education. It's making the kids stop falling for our bullshit."

by Anonymousreply 215April 7, 2023 2:30 PM

I like how Scott Walker pushes the line that "learning facts and history" = "liberal indoctrination." The facts do have a liberal bias!

by Anonymousreply 216April 7, 2023 3:09 PM

For all of the people talking about impeaching the new judge, it has been pointed out that the current governor could simply appoint her back into her position should the impeachment occur. So it's a waste of time, just to get the right-wing retards excited.

by Anonymousreply 217April 7, 2023 3:38 PM

R197 - This is not in any media outlet in all of Wisconsin. The page you cited is "Sponsored Content", meaning that WISN refused to print such inflammatory junk, so he had to tack it on by purchasing ad space. Right-wing retards consistently fall for that.

by Anonymousreply 218April 7, 2023 3:51 PM

R212, That boils down to white supremacist Evangelical racists waging war on the silly bastards who don't know they own and run this country. EVERYONE ELSE!

by Anonymousreply 219April 7, 2023 8:37 PM

[quote]I like how Scott Walker pushes the line that "learning facts and history" = "liberal indoctrination." The facts do have a liberal bias!

For anyone who goes on FOX to speak of indoctrination, is like Pablo Escobar speaking on the dangers of drugs.

by Anonymousreply 220April 7, 2023 9:31 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 221April 8, 2023 10:55 AM

Yes they can r209.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222April 10, 2023 3:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!